Just Brakes

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I want to tell Just Brakes Central that they did something right to have Manager Michael, workers Jorge and Robert doing the team thing in Ft. Pierce, Florida. I am an old lady, on a fixed income with a car that is little more than a piece of junk. All treated me with respect, understood that money was a little tight after paying $750 for a repair job last week. I wanted to hold off getting the rear brakes done as I only drive 7,000 miles a year and they kindly took off my wheels, checked it out and said I could come back in about 3 months for the rear ones. I am now a fan of these guys and think they could all use a raise!

On October 24, 2016 I took my car (Dodge Gran Caravan) to fix my brakes because they were low and the technician, Jarius drove my van to place it and worked on it. Then he took my van for a drive test in the back of the shop. After an hour and half the manager (Terry) called me and told me that there was an accident. The mechanic hit my car. I asked where my car was, and he took me to the back of the shop. What I found was incredible, the front passenger side was damaged, bumper, light, fender, door, and also the driver's side behind the second door too. It was very scratched.

What they said was "the brakes failed and you brought the car in that condition," can you believe it. The "professionals" said "brakes failed, it's your fault," this is what they told me. The manager (Terry) told me he called their Regional Manager and "were not responsible for your damages" and that I could take my van. The van had a loss of about $3000.00 which they do not want to assume. This is the most dishonest shop that I have ever known. I drove my van from my house to the shop without problems, they "the professionals" took my van, drove it back to the shop, worked on it, tested it and had an accident and now they say they are not responsible and do not have insurance.

Had done business w/ Hobe Sound FL location when it first opened and all went well. Not sure why mgmt team is all "new" but very disappointing now. Brought vehicle in, was damaged in first 15 min of being there (35 days later still damaged). Thought I needed new wheel, turns out after taking over $800.00 up front (wheels, balance, mount etc - Extremely high) only needed a tire patch. Stuck with them for a month of excuses then finally put the "brakes" on them. Took a week to get vehicle back and then 1. Never fixed light they broke; 2. Lost parts off my custom wheels; 3. Did not re-install wheels the way it came in; 4. Grease all over the truck that was left out nightly; 5. Could not even put valve stem caps back on.

Days later they "found parts" I had to re-install (not everything). Never got my money back so after 10 days contacted credit card company. Mike guy at desk, nice guy but not sure of company policies. They are terrible on "delivery". In closing, very unhappy and will NOT return.

I scheduled a service appointment on Friday, July 22, 2016 for Saturday at 7:00 a.m. on July 23, 2016. I arrived to the store on Richmond Ave at 6:45 for my appointment. I was checked out at 12:22 p.m. The brake pads that were ordered by the manager and they were the wrong ones twice and he finally got it right the third time. After I left the store I was almost in a wreck because the brakes went all the way to the floor and I know that was not suppose to happen along with a burning smell. If I have spent more than half a day at your store and almost seven hundred dollars you would think that the job would be done correctly and safely. I called the store and asked to speak to the area manager and per the man that answered he was and to come back to the store.

So I arrived at the store and explaining to him what happened and how I was scared he then proceeds to tell me that I don't have to be rude or upset. Well if you almost ran into the back of an 18 wheeler that was a gas truck what would you think and how would you feel. He then ask me for my keys and does not apologize but I gave him my keys to get the job done that should have been done correct the first time. Then he comes in less than ten minutes and tells me that the brakes were not bled nor were they adjusted properly. So I ask him what was he going to do about this situation. He responded and stated that he would bleed the brakes so I could leave because I was upset. Still no ownership of what happened nor was there an apology. I sat down and waited another twenty minutes and when he brought my keys back I asked for a general manager name and number and he would not provide the information but he replied, "Have a good day."

This is not good customer service nor was the situation handled correctly. What if the wreck would have happened? What if I would have been seriously injured or killed and the end results come back to the store and company. The store needs to be addressed and the situation. If this has happened to me how many other people has it happened to and no one said anything. I value life and have a family that values my life. What would you do if you were in my shoes or was I suppose to just let this go? I am very upset and was very scared and hurt that he basically acted like it was my fault and my negligence. I regret that I even utilize their services.

Just Brakes at 3628 Alta Mesa in Ft. Worth, TX worked on my F350 heavy duty truck on 7/19/2016. They abusively charge me a mark up of over 150% on all the parts they used on my vehicle. They claimed they purchased them at Napa Auto Parts and that those are the prices they got charge for. Here are what they charged me with: Rear left rebuilt caliper with hardware: $210. Actual price everywhere else: $85 and they installed two of them. Rear disk brake rotor - heavy duty: $205. Actual price everywhere else: $95 and they installed two of them. So now you can see how abusive those people are. Please check around before going to their place. YOU WILL BE ROBBED JUST LIKE I DID. DO NOT EVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN. EVER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Brakes?

I called Just Brakes to get a quote on getting my front brakes done. I was told it would be $79.99 just for the brake pads. I stated that I also need my AC looked at because it was not blowing cold air. I brought my truck in the next day and was told I needed brakes all around plus rotors plus new caliper all around. They also told me all I needed was freon and just for that it would be $90. The bill for everything came out to $2,000, I told them I was not going to pay that and I just needed the brake pads. After going back and forth with five guys who were surrounding me they asked me how much could I spend and we all settled on brake pads, rotors and freon for $400. After the work was done, one guy told me I needed to drive my truck for an hour for the freon to work so as I was told I drove the car around for an hour. Still was not getting cold.

I noticed that it was making a noise coming from the AC when turning the car off and on and my check engine light came on, before taking my truck in I never had these issues. I took my truck right back to the shop and the guy took another look at it and told me that it was the compressor so today I took my truck to another place (Midas) and had them take a look at it, come to find out the guy overcharged my freon which caused it to blow the compressor. I called the shop and was transferred to 4 different people and the issue was not taken care of. I had to pay them $400 plus Midas $200 and now I have to buy a compressor for $300 and pay someone to fix it due to Just Brakes blowing it. I'm more than pissed that I have to spend money on something that they broke and would like a full refund of my money.

I went to replace my brakes at the Lake Worth location in Texas. It took them about 4 hours to replace the 2 front brakes. Months later I took my car to Honda because I felt something was not right. I found out that Just Brakes did not put my brakes back correctly and the rotters got damaged and the screws to the brakes were missing on 3 of my wheels. I drove with my 5 year old for 3 months and Honda reported to me it was a safety concern. I believe Honda because they showed me how Just Brakes did my brakes incorrectly. I do not recommend you go to JUST BRAKES. They were expensive and put me and my child in serious danger.

Just Brakes North Druid hills. Atlanta Ga. - At first they tried to make me pay 1,590 for all four rotors and pads and did not honor the price on the sign. I called other Just Brakes and they gave me a price that was 1/2 the amount--some even a 1/4. This day and age you can look up any info on a place so I've learned my lesson. I am filing a complaint with anyone I can. These guys are crooks. Be careful.

When you take your vehicle to Just Brakes, you can guarantee they will try to sell you on needing new or rebuilt calipers, needing a new Master Cylinder, needing new brake lines. They will go through these like clockwork and usually in that order. Turn down one and they'll "notice" the next one on the list. They will find a way to not honor their $99 brake job most every time.

My son, a college student in Atlanta, took our car to Just Brakes closest to campus. Brake job: over-priced, done incorrectly, when corrected charged him again. Total cost for brakes? $1,000+. NEVER, EVER GOING THERE AGAIN.

Like most people have experienced, they will not accept the coupons they offer, they always say you need the ceramic brakes which are more. Anyway my car was screaming like a horror movie queen & I couldn't go any further, so the guy said he would take $20 off the price, so the total came to $148.15 plus tax, which was still pricey just for front pads. Of course they said I needed 2 new rotors for $66 each. I said "NO! Just do the brakes" & since I was their only customer at 9am. I wonder why? They said they would do it and the brakes work fine. Sometimes you have to know when to say no, otherwise my bill would have been close to $300.00. When I looked at the actual receipt, brakes pads were $37.99 and whopping $122.00 for labor. Would I go back again? No ~ but that morning I had no choice as the other shops were Pep Boys & Tire Kingdom and they were charging even more & they had customers.

I went to Just Brakes on 2/10/2016 to get my brakes checked due to my brakes grinding. I gave them my key and they took almost an hour to look at it even though there was only 1 car there. They finally called me with an estimate. They told me that they could fix my brakes (front brakes only) for $680.00. I told the tech that it was a lot for front brakes. He told me that I had to change my pads and rotors because they could not machine my rotors to their specifications. I told them that I replaced my brake pads from them previously and they were lifetime pads. He told, "I am sorry I did not know they were under warranty."

He recalculated my total and told me it would be $543.00. I asked him if they marked their prices up for parts. The tech told me that they paid actual cost from their vendor. I then told him that it did not answer my question. I told him that I asked if they marked their prices up a second time. He gave me the same answer. I told him to put my tires back on and that I would pick my car up.

I then went to a business up the street that a friend told me about. I parked my car and went into the office. I had a tech come out immediately to look at my car. He came to me after 15 minutes and told me that my pads did need replacing. I asked about the rotors. He told me that the rotors were still good but they needed to machine them down. I asked how much. He told me $99.00 ($32.00 for the pads and $65.00 for the labor). I told him to do the work. He did my car in under 45 minutes. I was a satisfied customer. My brakes work great and they were done at a good price.

Back to Just Brakes. I was disappointed that they charged so much to have my brakes done. The brake pads they too charged me for were $140.00 ($32.00 at the other shop). I was really upset about this because they marked their parts up so much. Their pads are only the cheap metallic pads but yet they mark them up so much. They obviously gouge people since that difference for their service was $543.00 to the other place was $99.43. The mechanic at the other place told me that I did not need to change my rotors. Just Brakes told me that I needed to change them both. It is not right for a business to try to force unnecessary repairs on their customers just to make more money off of them. I am writing this letter so that other customers do not have to go to businesses to try to gouge you out of your money. Please do not go to Just Brakes to get your brakes done.

I took my car in for the replacement of the brake pads that were covered under the warranty. Well once they did their inspection, I was told that I needed my front wheel bearing replace. (A $239.00) charge, I had this done and they never replaced my pads. Well I picked up my car and drove it home, about a week later I hear a noise when I start it up. I took it back to Just Brakes and the power steering reservoir was empty. I asked them had they done anything with the power steering. They said no. Well now the power steering is leaking and I will need to have this repaired. I spoke with a manager in the Dallas office and they seem to think the work that was done had nothing to do with the power steering issue. Well my power steering was not leaking before I took my car to Just Brakes. Beware, they are not to be trusted, very dishonest and their Mechanics are not good at all..

Overcharged for brakes Howell Mill store. I went in to get brakes and was told $189. When mechanic finished he wanted me to spend $345 saying I needed new hardware, brake fluid flushed. Also my brakes are worse than when I went into Just Brakes. Please beware of this company. They are here to take advantage of consumer. I came on this site thinking I could call corporate and get some help but after reading reviews I know I am out of my money.

While waiting to get my car diagnosed the manager was outside cursing a lady with a baby. I immediately left.

Asked for $99 brake pads and an $20 oil change. Shop called me back with an estimate of $919. I told them to forget it, I was coming to get the car. They said they'd "work with me" and just put the pads on and the oil change and it would be $327. Ninety nine plus twenty does not equal 327. I told them never mind, I was coming for the car. They said they'd just do the oil change then. I agreed. Final bill to get my car back was $91.14. Receipt says at bottom that a complimentary multi-point inspection is included, but I was charged 59.99 for a multi-point inspection that would "be refunded if I got all the work done".

Estimate for work "needed" was now at $867.44, though the clerk said something that cost $100 was added twice on the estimate (though nothing is duplicated) and it would only be $767.44. Estimate shows, among other things, that I needed all calipers replaced and power steering fluid flushed, etc... KICKER: THIS IS A NEW CAR WHICH DOESN'T NEED ANY OF THIS.

I took my vehicle in for service. I'm a female - of course they try to upsell. I only got done what I needed to get done. They did an alignment and balanced and rotated my tires. I have a truck. My truck came with a full size spare tire. It's gone. Called the manager. He was rude, inconsiderate, told me I probably only bought it with a little tire. Let's see. I'm in finance - I know what I bought and I have used the spare before. He continued to be rude. So check your spare tires!

The Manager (Bradon) at Just Brakes was very rude and disrespectful. He got very upset with me because he offered to cut down my rotors instead of replacing them. I told him "I'll be more comfortable driving car if he just can replace my rotors that wasn't even a week old and causing problems on my car!" I wouldn't recommend anyone to JUST BRAKES on Gulf to Bay.

Do not trust this store. They create problems to make money. They put me and my family's safety on the line along with everyone else on the road. I brought my Altima in for a oil change and tire rotation. They did their inspection and the mechanic suggests an coolant flush, brake flush and power steering flush. He tells me that they are all empty. He point to the coolant reservoir which was mostly too low. I tell him it is on the cold line marking for MAX, he says it does not have enough. Then he points to the brake fluid tank and says I do not have any in there either. He says I need a flush for all of them. I decline. After they perform the oil change and tire rotation, I leave and go home.

When I pull into my garage I hear a loud squealing noise. It was my brake. I did not have any issues or noise with my brakes until I went to Just Brakes. Now everytime I push on my brakes they make noise. I took the car back the next day because I had to go to work. When I brought the car back to the shop it squealing as they pull it into the bay. If my brakes were squealing like this when I brought it in for service then they would have suggested repair but it was not making any noise until I left.

The vehicle recently had been service, the brakes were check (60% left), oil and coolant flush were done. The mechanic who work on my car the first time but not the second came from the waiting area and got my face about him not doing anything to my brakes. If I had actually said to him that I think they did something to the car, I believe he would have jumped on me right then. When I asked him why was it making all of this noise now and not when I brought it into the shop, he did not have anything to say. They day before another mechanic complain that they never get bonuses but I guess messing up people cars is how they are going to make their bonus next time.

Took my vehicle in for an estimate on getting my brakes fixed at Just Brakes store #0610 Largo, FL 33778. Estimate was $572.00. Go to pick my vehicle up and the Just Brakes employee says "you need more parts. It's going to be another $140.00 dollars," which at this point I have no choice, needing my vehicle for work the next day. Upon driving the vehicle the following day, it has the same problem it had when I took it in. Round two, took my vehicle back. Employee says "we will check it out." I get a call two hours later saying it's gonna be another $225.00 dollars. Vehicle is not correct again after the second chance. FOR PEOPLE THINKING OF USING JUST BRAKES DO NOT. REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Went to Just Brakes, Warm Springs store # 0713, Las Vegas Nevada regarding their $99 brake special. After looking at my brakes, the owner attempted to charge $430 for pads and rotors for a Chevy Malibu. The true cost should've been around $200. When I refused the higher price, they replaced the pads but insisted there would be no warranty on their work. They also broke state law in not giving me a written estimate. They get around that by having you sign an electronic pad before showing what you're signing. Significantly, there were NO CUSTOMERS there while my car was being serviced. Stay away from this company. They'll fleece you if they can and provide substandard service.

These people shouldn't be allowed to be in business. Was told a brake job would be 169 plus tax. After their so called inspection they told me it would be 900.00. I told them I couldn't afford that so they then came down to 640.00. After that we settled for just under 600.00. Found out they charged me for 2 new rotors at the rate of 380.00. I called the local auto parts store and they said the cost of 2 new rotors for my vehicle would have been 180.00 and that included bearings. They also charged me 2 hrs labor @ 95.00 an hour and the job only took an hour to do the job. Don't use this place... you've been warned.

I stopped at Just Brakes in Stockbridge after hearing a sound from the front brakes. I agreed to a price to replace brakes and the worker started. After the vehicle was undrivable and in the air. I was told they could not honor the price and uncharged me $150! While backing my vehicle out they hit the stall door frame and destroyed the side mirror causing approx. $900 in damage which they have yet to take responsibility for the repair. DO NOT ENTER THIS BUSINESS!!!

My daughter and mom took my daughter's car in because it had stopped running. The manager of the store on Stephanie St. & Horizon Ridge Pkwy in Henderson, NV ** told my mother that the repairs of the car would be $150. They received the parts and come to find out they were the wrong parts for the car. The car has now been in the shop for 2 wks by this time. ** calls my mom to let her know that the car is ready and it would be $700. OK what happened to the original price quote of $150? He says he assumed his assistant called to inform her but no one did. They just fixed a lot of things that my mom never told them to fix. I called ** once my mom told me what he had done to my daughter's car and all he could say was, "I'm sorry, shoot me dead, I'm only human." And also said "We can put the car back to where it was". What kind of customer service is that?

I then informed him, I would call corporate and basically his boss was just a bigger idiot as he was. He took off $125 but we never were informed of the $700 that they were charging once the car was repaired. We were quoted $150. ** at corporate also said "We can put the car back the way it was originally brought in". I feel that ** since they're so called managers should have come down more on the price of the vehicle or ** should have at least called to let my mom know of the new price to fix the vehicle so she could have made the decision whether or not to let them fix it or take it elsewhere. Both managers were rude and I feel they should practice better customer service.

I called up Just Brakes at 1625 Pleasant Hill Rd D102, Duluth, GA 30096 for an estimate on brakes for my 2009 Lexus Rx350. The manager said $150 for each pair so I was happy and visited them. Then the manager starts the whole vehicle inspection to which I said "Please stop. I just wants the brake pads replaced." He then gave me a quote of $331. When I said this was not what he said over the phone, he said he never talked to me and that the other guy no longer works there! I didn't want to argue so I asked him to put back the old pads and return my car. Believe it or not, he said that I was there for cheap parts and not for quality! He then charged me $105 for nothing. Outraged but controlling my temper, I called CS and reported this.

Later I got a call from the regional director, ** who asked me to visit their other location at 335 Canton Rd, Cumming, GA 30040 where they would adjust the labor cost. So I went there and the experience was no different. They charged me even more... $360 and wait, they said that my headlight bulb was bad and it costs $160! I asked them to show me the bulb and you know what, IT WAS GOOD. It was just the little parking/pilot bulb which was bad! My advice, don't ever go to Just brakes. Save yourself lot of time, money and moreover dignity. I never had such a bad experience at an auto service location.

Not only did they charge me $125 for an oil change which is normally $75 in my car, but as soon as they saw me pull up in my Mercedes convertible they got excited. They made a whole production out of trying to upgrade the package. They quoted over a thousand dollars to repair my brakes. I didn't choose to get my brakes fixed by them. A month and a half later someone claiming to be from corporate called me and said she was going to send me $100 refund by mail. It's been over six months and I haven't received anything. I would NEVER use their service business again. The way they act is CRIMINAL. THIS place is a SCAM. It's located on North Druid Hills road and 85 in Brookhaven. Also, when I told the service manager the charge seemed high he became belligerent and combative. I was extremely embarrassed.

I finally came to a stop at Just Brakes when I was too afraid "" go any further, unfortunately. My experience with them was horrible! The one guy who sounded like he knew what he was doing obviously did not! He told me that they would bleed the brakes that sounded like the problem he says, guess what, it wasn't! That was the beginning of my bill which was 49.00 just to bleed those. Then he comes into the front part waiting area and tells me it was the right caliper and hose, I asked how long it would take and how much it was gonna cost and he never said, that should have been my cue. He did tell me it would take an hour to repair. I was having to go to work in an hour so I told him, I had to get them fixed so he proceeded to put the parts on them, he sends his secretary in to tell me that the master cylinder was going out. I told her I would have to wait on that.

Thinking they were through the Secretary then comes back in and I heard her ordering a left caliper for my car. I was already late for work and my boss was mad. I told her no and for them to finish my car and get it down from the lift. They finally did and guess what, my brakes were actually worse than they were when I pulled in there!! To say the least, I was upset to the point that my blood pressure went sky high! I asked him what did I pay 239.00 for if the brakes are not fixed, they were actually worse! I was NOT going to let them work on my vehicle any longer so I left hastily.

I might add, took it to another mechanic the next morning who going out that there won't even any brake fluid in the reservoir. He absolutely just looked under the hood and said with what I had told him it sounded like the master cylinder was bad, he took me top work and fixed my car in less time. Just Brakes did and cost me half what it cost me for a cylinder and hose plus they didn't even pour brake fluid back in there!!! They get 10 thumbs down!! I would not recommend them top my worst enemy!!! STAY AWAY FROM JUST BRAKES in Bryan Texas, unless you want to be **!!!

I went to Just Brakes in Stockbridge Georgia store# 0344 to have my brakes inspected because they started scrubbing the night before. The guys quoted me $69 per axle before going. When I arrived they inspected the car and told me I needed new pads, calipers, and rotors. I knew I was being scammed then because the car just started scrubbing the night before. And I forgot to mention it's a 2010 Honda Civic. The cashier started acting like he was putting in numbers and told me it would be $985 for the parts and work. I told him no way, so him and the mechanic got together and said they could do it for $600. I should have told them to put everything back on my car and left. It was a Sunday March 29 2015 and I knew I had to make it to work and I wouldn't have time during the week to get the repairs so I agreed.

Immediately when I left while they were doing the repairs I called the other local Just Brakes and they quoted me $425 out the door. He also said it was strange for a 2010 Honda Civic to need new calipers. At that moment I knew I had been screwed. I called the guys doing the repairs on my car and he told me Just Brakes has a MARK UP at each different store! That's the only way they can stay in business. I knew I had been scammed and looked at it as a learning lesson, but I told myself I would do everything possible to help others know to avoid this place.

I pre-paid to have left passenger caliper rebuild on February 23,2014. The person in charge ** stated that they could not find a replacement so I settled for having Just Brakes to rebuild the caliper for my 2010 Camaro. ** asked if I would return (either because it was getting late or due to the weather condition). I agreed, while also inquiring how long could I drive without having the work done, since I only use the vehicle for work which is about a mile my residence and with the weather conditions (ice), I may not be driving at all. ** then stated one to drive too long, since it may require the front left pad to be changed again if the caliper is bad.

** highlighted to work to be done and noted that it had been paid for. I decided to wait until weather conditions were better since it has been paid in advance. February 27, 2014 I was in an accident due to ice on road. I went be to Just Brake for a refund of the work and was told by ** to leave my name and number so that she can call me back since she did not know how to do a refund. I did not hear from **, I wrote corporate office (8150 N Central Expressway M-1008, Dallas, Tx) yet no one from Just Brakes has contacted me. This leave me with no other recourse be to take this incident further.

I am writing to you to inform you of an experience I had at the Just Brakes Store #0044 in Lafayette Colorado. On Friday Jan 30th I placed a call to Just Brakes and spoke with a man named Bob. I made an appointment for Sunday Feb 1st at 9 am. When I arrived, there were other customers with the same appointment time but only one tech working. I was to have my rotors, brake pads and calipers looked at/changed. An hour and a half into my wait time, Bob took me to the back to show me that the calipers were not needed and that they could shave down my rotors instead of replacing them. All I would need then was the brake pads. He also mentioned that I needed an air filter as well as a coolant flush. I gave him the go-ahead to finish the job. My total bill was $365.79.

Almost immediately I noticed that my brakes were making noise. It was a sticking/crunching sound when I came to a stop as well as when I let my foot off the brake. My car was also pulling hard to the left so I knew something was wrong. I had a mechanic (AJ ** of Meade, CO) take my car for a drive on Friday Feb 6th to see if he thought there was an issue. He came back to me saying that there was definitely something wrong and asked me what work I had done. I told him the left rotor was shaved and I got new brake pads. He asked if they shaved both rotors and I said "no, they said didn't need to." He disagreed stating that if you fix one side you have to fix the other or the brakes don't work correctly. I was frustrated considering I had already spent 4 hours of my time getting this work done, but I asked AJ to take a closer look. What he found horrified him. Here is the breakdown:

1. The left rotor that was shaved was done improperly. It appeared that when it was placed on the machine, it was not loaded tight enough which caused a warp of sorts on the rotor. The brake pads were not fully touching the rotor. Over 50% of the pad was not making contact!
2. The brake pad retaining clips were old and rusty. These come with the new brake pads I purchased but old hardware was used instead.
3. Just Brakes installed two of the same side/style brake pads on each side thus eliminating the squeak-bar. (Picture this: each brake pad has a "side A" and a "side B". They had the two A's on the left front brake and two B's on the right side.)
4. On the left front rotor, one rotor set screw was missing and three others were loose. So loose in fact that he used his finger to remove them! Not even needing a screwdriver!

5. My lug nuts were over-torqued. So much so that he needed to use 150 pounds of torque to remove them.

Finding all of this out was devastating! My safety and the safety of others were put at risk due to this terrible attention to detail. I had Mr. ** buy and install brand new rotors and brake pads immediately. This cost me an additional $168. Mr. ** himself was pretty upset about the condition of my car so he and I called Bob at Just Brakes to tell him about it all. Bob told us that this was not the only complaint he heard this week about the botched brake job and that he had fired the tech that was on duty that day. He asked that I bring in my invoice for the $168 and he would refund me the money I was out.

On Saturday February 7th, I went into Just Brakes to get my refund and was greeted by Bob. I started to explain the situation and he acted like it was no big deal. He stared at both of my invoices then said that I didn't need new rotors, that he could have fixed my problem. He also said there was "no way" that they would have used old parts. I offered to show him the parts as I had them in my car. It was clear that the hardware was old and the markings on the brake pads indicated the fact that they were not installed properly.

Bob, again, blew this off as if I was making it up. I felt completely disrespected! It was right in front of us; the proof! I am not an idiot, I can tell the difference between shiny silver parts and old rusted ones! He called yet another tech from the back to look at the box of parts. It was the man who originally did the work! I recognized him so obviously he was NOT fired. I questioned the other work I had done, wondering if it, too, was not done correctly. He had my car pulled into the bay to take a look. A tech came out to show me a new air filter that he supposedly took off my car. I don't even know if they even showed me the right one, though! Another tech came out and said he could tell the coolant was new.

Bob looked at me and said, "What do I have to do to make this right?” I told him I wanted a full refund. Bob scoffed so I said that I want at least a refund on the labor and brake pads that I paid for. He still hesitated so I reminded him that he told Mr. ** and I that if I brought in my invoice that he would refund the money. Bob claimed he never said that. It's a boldfaced lie! I heard Bob, we were on speaker phone when we called! I truly believe it is because I am a female that he treated me this way. It is 100% unacceptable to me!

Bob then said, "Okay well I guess I will file a claim with corporate to issue a refund on the parts you didn't even need. I cannot do this until Monday but you will receive a check in the mail for $168.00". Bob accepted nearly no responsibility for this terrible error! It is extremely rude and unprofessional of him to act this way. He had ZERO concern for what had occurred and he literally acted like it was no big deal. My safety and the safety of others was at risk due to the lack of attention to detail! How in the world is this business allowed to work on such important parts of a person's car if this is the kind of service they offer? What is really alarming is that Bob admitted that another client had also complained about a bad brake job! This is what they do! The name of the company is "JUST BRAKES" for crying out loud!

Just Brakes Company Profile