Just Brakes

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I see they are out of business... I know why!!! Scammers, in my opinion. I got trapped there when I had to leave on a trip to Lincoln the next morning, and paid $673.80 for pads and turn rotors, plus: "service caliper slides". Ten days later, I returned under their "warranty" as I had brakes metal to metal 10 days after a $673.00 repair!!! And was presented a bill for $924.04 more ($1548.84 total)!!!! After charging me the first time to "service calipers", they said it was "calipers dragging!!!" I then paid for "heavy duty" pads, which were shot in 60 days. I'm taking them to small claims ASAP! (Unless, as I suspect, somewhere in the fine print it requires arbitration paid for by me!!!) Stay away from any Just Brakes scam. The manager screamed at me when I complained, and told me to get off the property!!

I seriously can't give this business, Just Brakes, any stars. I called 2 days ahead of time and made an appointment for 9:00 AM on 4/26/17. I advised them at that time that I had a coupon for a $99.00 brake job, front or back and including resurface rotors, test brake fluid, vehicle health check and tire rotation. It had an expiration date on it of 4/30/17. After arriving at the business I went over with the manager that I needed rear brakes and presented the coupon. He advised me at that time that I didn't need the coupon and that the brakes that I would get using the coupon were "not good". I asked him why they weren't any good and he really had no explanation for me. He said that he would have to take a look at my brakes to give me a quote. He came back with a $229.00 quoted and said that he could have it done in 1 or 1 1/2 hours.

I really don't know why I just didn't have him put the tires back on and drive out but I guess I just really needed it done at the time. Well, watching the one technician that he had in the shop work on my car and a second car that came in after mine between his multiple smoke breaks that he took "in" the work area of the shop proved to me that this business had absolutely no concern for their customers. Out of concern for public safety I find it necessary to advise the general public of the terrible business practices and poor work ethics of Just Brakes at 8665 N Beach St in Fort Worth.

The company advertises at $99.00 brake job but advises consumers who come in with the coupon that "those" brakes are "not good". 3 hours after arriving at the business, my car was finally done. Total damage, $250.63. Arriving home I decided to take a look at Yelp to see if anyone else ever has a problem here... WOW... Needless to say it appears that I'm not the only person to experience problems here and by the remarks left, they are backed by their management and corporate offices... See you Just Brakes... You don't deserve my business.

I went to "Just Brakes" today (04/15/2017) and now know that when it comes to ripping people off they know just how to do it! I went for a simple estimate on brakes. Didn't realize they would drain my braking fluid just to see if I would pay them $775 just for them to feed a bunch of lies on how much stuff I needed to replace. I didn't notice my braking fluid was drained until I left the parking lot and almost crashed! I called them and they straight up hung up on me!!! Worst place ever! Just words of advice, do not go there. I repeat, do not got there.

I took my vehicle to Lake Worth Texas 0151 store. The service is not only poor. Waited 15 minutes because they said they were doing inventory. They charge me 681.37 and didnt do what they said. Now I'm having to take somewhere else. The tech JT is a good tech. He lied to me over the phone. Went up there to show him he lied. Never came to office. When the manager Lisa told me the day before she was not happy with his work. That he has made excuses to get off work saying his child needed to go to the hospital that Saturday. That he has a bunch of stories and problems. They would not honor what they said on my brakes. She told me after the fact that Pep Boys will be taking over after I got the best brake job. I do not recommend this place. I had a feeling before I went. Left caliper lines detached. These people are full of excuses. Not even a one star. Called the 1 800. It said 24 hours from call would get back with you. Going on 48 still no call. Poor service. Hopefully pep boys gets rid of the whole crew.

Just Brakes in Denton Texas on loop 288 - On March 14 2017, myself and my son were driving down Northwest Hwy and we went over some railroad tracks, and about five minutes after my car lost the ability to slow down because my back brakes on the driver side went out. Did not realize at that time it was my brakes but when I tried to pull over to a Chevron gas station and parked my car in the process it felt like my bumper was dragging.

Well my insurance towed the car to my parents and my dad jacked the car up, and the bolts that went into the caliper to hold the caliper bracket to keep the brake pads in place were gone. My dad bought a new caliber and took the bolts out of the new one, and put in the caliper bracket that was on my car to make sure nothing was broken off in the area for the bolt. Well guess what, it fit in there perfectly which allowed my dad to see there were never any bolts put back in the caliper and bracket to hold the pads. So my father had to buy a new caliper and brake pads and new fluid. My husband spent 250.00 dollars on that brake job.

I will be contacting an attorney for their negligence. My son and I could have been severely hurt along with any other cars around and trust me traffic was very heavy that day. This is not over. If I feel like they can't compensate me and my family, then I will go above and beyond to do what needs to be done. My car is still broke down because I will be taking pictures and videos of the damage done to my car. I have a 2012 Silver Impala and I'm sure when Just Brakes reads this, they will know who this is. It's not over for me and my family and Just Brakes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Brakes?

I went to the Just Brakes on 38th Sheridan. I let them know I needed brakes. I was given a price for premium brakes at $169.00. I was also told they had a special going and I would get $50.00 off. I made my appointment, came in the next weekend and after they started on my car I was then given another quote of $469.00. supposedly other things wrong with the brakes. I let them know that was over $300.00 more than my original quoted price and I could not afford that. The worker said rudely that they would not work on my car then. Beware if you go there and are given an original quote be prepared to bring at least an extra $300.00 or more because the price will change!

When I first called up to ask about front brakes I was told they had a $99 special on pads and reconditioning of the rotors. After they did the inspection, I was shown the other pads and rotors that also need replacing. I am a disable Army veteran with limited income. John the manager went above and beyond to help me with some other repairs and didn't charge me nothing. He also discounted the other services he completed and I still had some money left over. I would truly recommend this place. After I looked at other reviews online I wasn't going to come, but I am so glad I did. Thanks for caring. Give them a chance and see for yourself. No one ask me to do a review, I did it because of my great experience I had.

We took our truck in to have the front brakes replaced the week before Christmas. We told the guy behind the counter we didn't have a lot of money so just do enough to get the truck to stop, dropped the car off, and left. They called later that day with a cost of charges and we told them to go ahead and we would pick up the truck the next day. When we arrive the next day, there is another employee behind the counter and he gives us our total which admittedly was significantly lower than expected. We paid cash for that bill, they released the truck and we drove off. When we reviewed the bill there were service coupons added that we did not expect or ask for. We thought we had been the benefactors of a holiday generosity since we did tell them we were tight on funds. We then proceeded to pay our other bills with the money we thought we saved.

That night, the store called us and informed us they had made a clerical error and wanted us to pay the balance. The guys at the store were very apologetic, and admitted it was their fault. However, when we told them we would be unable to pay that day since we paid other bills with the money. We told them we would pay them in 3 days when we next got paid. That's when the district manager got involved.

The district manager, Michael **, then called us up and accused us of felony fraud and demanded we pay immediately or he would call the police. We told him we paid the bill we were presented with and in no way defrauded the company. He continued to threaten us with legal action until we agreed to return the truck. We returned the truck that night, and spent the next 3 days trying to reach corporate, to no avail. We paid the balance as we promised, and got our truck back. At no point in time should the DM have contacted us, let alone accuse us of a felony or fraud. It was their error which we then had to jump through hoops to correct. And the DM never admitted it was their error. This is horrible customer service. At best, you write off the balance as your error. At worst, you call and respectfully work out a payment arrangement.

I want to tell Just Brakes Central that they did something right to have Manager Michael, workers Jorge and Robert doing the team thing in Ft. Pierce, Florida. I am an old lady, on a fixed income with a car that is little more than a piece of junk. All treated me with respect, understood that money was a little tight after paying $750 for a repair job last week. I wanted to hold off getting the rear brakes done as I only drive 7,000 miles a year and they kindly took off my wheels, checked it out and said I could come back in about 3 months for the rear ones. I am now a fan of these guys and think they could all use a raise!

On October 24, 2016 I took my car (Dodge Gran Caravan) to fix my brakes because they were low and the technician, Jarius drove my van to place it and worked on it. Then he took my van for a drive test in the back of the shop. After an hour and half the manager (Terry) called me and told me that there was an accident. The mechanic hit my car. I asked where my car was, and he took me to the back of the shop. What I found was incredible, the front passenger side was damaged, bumper, light, fender, door, and also the driver's side behind the second door too. It was very scratched.

What they said was "the brakes failed and you brought the car in that condition," can you believe it. The "professionals" said "brakes failed, it's your fault," this is what they told me. The manager (Terry) told me he called their Regional Manager and "were not responsible for your damages" and that I could take my van. The van had a loss of about $3000.00 which they do not want to assume. This is the most dishonest shop that I have ever known. I drove my van from my house to the shop without problems, they "the professionals" took my van, drove it back to the shop, worked on it, tested it and had an accident and now they say they are not responsible and do not have insurance.

Had done business w/ Hobe Sound FL location when it first opened and all went well. Not sure why mgmt team is all "new" but very disappointing now. Brought vehicle in, was damaged in first 15 min of being there (35 days later still damaged). Thought I needed new wheel, turns out after taking over $800.00 up front (wheels, balance, mount etc - Extremely high) only needed a tire patch. Stuck with them for a month of excuses then finally put the "brakes" on them. Took a week to get vehicle back and then 1. Never fixed light they broke; 2. Lost parts off my custom wheels; 3. Did not re-install wheels the way it came in; 4. Grease all over the truck that was left out nightly; 5. Could not even put valve stem caps back on.

Days later they "found parts" I had to re-install (not everything). Never got my money back so after 10 days contacted credit card company. Mike guy at desk, nice guy but not sure of company policies. They are terrible on "delivery". In closing, very unhappy and will NOT return.

I scheduled a service appointment on Friday, July 22, 2016 for Saturday at 7:00 a.m. on July 23, 2016. I arrived to the store on Richmond Ave at 6:45 for my appointment. I was checked out at 12:22 p.m. The brake pads that were ordered by the manager and they were the wrong ones twice and he finally got it right the third time. After I left the store I was almost in a wreck because the brakes went all the way to the floor and I know that was not suppose to happen along with a burning smell. If I have spent more than half a day at your store and almost seven hundred dollars you would think that the job would be done correctly and safely. I called the store and asked to speak to the area manager and per the man that answered he was and to come back to the store.

So I arrived at the store and explaining to him what happened and how I was scared he then proceeds to tell me that I don't have to be rude or upset. Well if you almost ran into the back of an 18 wheeler that was a gas truck what would you think and how would you feel. He then ask me for my keys and does not apologize but I gave him my keys to get the job done that should have been done correct the first time. Then he comes in less than ten minutes and tells me that the brakes were not bled nor were they adjusted properly. So I ask him what was he going to do about this situation. He responded and stated that he would bleed the brakes so I could leave because I was upset. Still no ownership of what happened nor was there an apology. I sat down and waited another twenty minutes and when he brought my keys back I asked for a general manager name and number and he would not provide the information but he replied, "Have a good day."

This is not good customer service nor was the situation handled correctly. What if the wreck would have happened? What if I would have been seriously injured or killed and the end results come back to the store and company. The store needs to be addressed and the situation. If this has happened to me how many other people has it happened to and no one said anything. I value life and have a family that values my life. What would you do if you were in my shoes or was I suppose to just let this go? I am very upset and was very scared and hurt that he basically acted like it was my fault and my negligence. I regret that I even utilize their services.

Just Brakes at 3628 Alta Mesa in Ft. Worth, TX worked on my F350 heavy duty truck on 7/19/2016. They abusively charge me a mark up of over 150% on all the parts they used on my vehicle. They claimed they purchased them at Napa Auto Parts and that those are the prices they got charge for. Here are what they charged me with: Rear left rebuilt caliper with hardware: $210. Actual price everywhere else: $85 and they installed two of them. Rear disk brake rotor - heavy duty: $205. Actual price everywhere else: $95 and they installed two of them. So now you can see how abusive those people are. Please check around before going to their place. YOU WILL BE ROBBED JUST LIKE I DID. DO NOT EVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN. EVER.

I called Just Brakes to get a quote on getting my front brakes done. I was told it would be $79.99 just for the brake pads. I stated that I also need my AC looked at because it was not blowing cold air. I brought my truck in the next day and was told I needed brakes all around plus rotors plus new caliper all around. They also told me all I needed was freon and just for that it would be $90. The bill for everything came out to $2,000, I told them I was not going to pay that and I just needed the brake pads. After going back and forth with five guys who were surrounding me they asked me how much could I spend and we all settled on brake pads, rotors and freon for $400. After the work was done, one guy told me I needed to drive my truck for an hour for the freon to work so as I was told I drove the car around for an hour. Still was not getting cold.

I noticed that it was making a noise coming from the AC when turning the car off and on and my check engine light came on, before taking my truck in I never had these issues. I took my truck right back to the shop and the guy took another look at it and told me that it was the compressor so today I took my truck to another place (Midas) and had them take a look at it, come to find out the guy overcharged my freon which caused it to blow the compressor. I called the shop and was transferred to 4 different people and the issue was not taken care of. I had to pay them $400 plus Midas $200 and now I have to buy a compressor for $300 and pay someone to fix it due to Just Brakes blowing it. I'm more than pissed that I have to spend money on something that they broke and would like a full refund of my money.

I went to replace my brakes at the Lake Worth location in Texas. It took them about 4 hours to replace the 2 front brakes. Months later I took my car to Honda because I felt something was not right. I found out that Just Brakes did not put my brakes back correctly and the rotters got damaged and the screws to the brakes were missing on 3 of my wheels. I drove with my 5 year old for 3 months and Honda reported to me it was a safety concern. I believe Honda because they showed me how Just Brakes did my brakes incorrectly. I do not recommend you go to JUST BRAKES. They were expensive and put me and my child in serious danger.

Just Brakes North Druid hills. Atlanta Ga. - At first they tried to make me pay 1,590 for all four rotors and pads and did not honor the price on the sign. I called other Just Brakes and they gave me a price that was 1/2 the amount--some even a 1/4. This day and age you can look up any info on a place so I've learned my lesson. I am filing a complaint with anyone I can. These guys are crooks. Be careful.

When you take your vehicle to Just Brakes, you can guarantee they will try to sell you on needing new or rebuilt calipers, needing a new Master Cylinder, needing new brake lines. They will go through these like clockwork and usually in that order. Turn down one and they'll "notice" the next one on the list. They will find a way to not honor their $99 brake job most every time.

My son, a college student in Atlanta, took our car to Just Brakes closest to campus. Brake job: over-priced, done incorrectly, when corrected charged him again. Total cost for brakes? $1,000+. NEVER, EVER GOING THERE AGAIN.

Like most people have experienced, they will not accept the coupons they offer, they always say you need the ceramic brakes which are more. Anyway my car was screaming like a horror movie queen & I couldn't go any further, so the guy said he would take $20 off the price, so the total came to $148.15 plus tax, which was still pricey just for front pads. Of course they said I needed 2 new rotors for $66 each. I said "NO! Just do the brakes" & since I was their only customer at 9am. I wonder why? They said they would do it and the brakes work fine. Sometimes you have to know when to say no, otherwise my bill would have been close to $300.00. When I looked at the actual receipt, brakes pads were $37.99 and whopping $122.00 for labor. Would I go back again? No ~ but that morning I had no choice as the other shops were Pep Boys & Tire Kingdom and they were charging even more & they had customers.

I went to Just Brakes on 2/10/2016 to get my brakes checked due to my brakes grinding. I gave them my key and they took almost an hour to look at it even though there was only 1 car there. They finally called me with an estimate. They told me that they could fix my brakes (front brakes only) for $680.00. I told the tech that it was a lot for front brakes. He told me that I had to change my pads and rotors because they could not machine my rotors to their specifications. I told them that I replaced my brake pads from them previously and they were lifetime pads. He told, "I am sorry I did not know they were under warranty."

He recalculated my total and told me it would be $543.00. I asked him if they marked their prices up for parts. The tech told me that they paid actual cost from their vendor. I then told him that it did not answer my question. I told him that I asked if they marked their prices up a second time. He gave me the same answer. I told him to put my tires back on and that I would pick my car up.

I then went to a business up the street that a friend told me about. I parked my car and went into the office. I had a tech come out immediately to look at my car. He came to me after 15 minutes and told me that my pads did need replacing. I asked about the rotors. He told me that the rotors were still good but they needed to machine them down. I asked how much. He told me $99.00 ($32.00 for the pads and $65.00 for the labor). I told him to do the work. He did my car in under 45 minutes. I was a satisfied customer. My brakes work great and they were done at a good price.

Back to Just Brakes. I was disappointed that they charged so much to have my brakes done. The brake pads they too charged me for were $140.00 ($32.00 at the other shop). I was really upset about this because they marked their parts up so much. Their pads are only the cheap metallic pads but yet they mark them up so much. They obviously gouge people since that difference for their service was $543.00 to the other place was $99.43. The mechanic at the other place told me that I did not need to change my rotors. Just Brakes told me that I needed to change them both. It is not right for a business to try to force unnecessary repairs on their customers just to make more money off of them. I am writing this letter so that other customers do not have to go to businesses to try to gouge you out of your money. Please do not go to Just Brakes to get your brakes done.

I took my car in for the replacement of the brake pads that were covered under the warranty. Well once they did their inspection, I was told that I needed my front wheel bearing replace. (A $239.00) charge, I had this done and they never replaced my pads. Well I picked up my car and drove it home, about a week later I hear a noise when I start it up. I took it back to Just Brakes and the power steering reservoir was empty. I asked them had they done anything with the power steering. They said no. Well now the power steering is leaking and I will need to have this repaired. I spoke with a manager in the Dallas office and they seem to think the work that was done had nothing to do with the power steering issue. Well my power steering was not leaking before I took my car to Just Brakes. Beware, they are not to be trusted, very dishonest and their Mechanics are not good at all..

Overcharged for brakes Howell Mill store. I went in to get brakes and was told $189. When mechanic finished he wanted me to spend $345 saying I needed new hardware, brake fluid flushed. Also my brakes are worse than when I went into Just Brakes. Please beware of this company. They are here to take advantage of consumer. I came on this site thinking I could call corporate and get some help but after reading reviews I know I am out of my money.

While waiting to get my car diagnosed the manager was outside cursing a lady with a baby. I immediately left.

Asked for $99 brake pads and an $20 oil change. Shop called me back with an estimate of $919. I told them to forget it, I was coming to get the car. They said they'd "work with me" and just put the pads on and the oil change and it would be $327. Ninety nine plus twenty does not equal 327. I told them never mind, I was coming for the car. They said they'd just do the oil change then. I agreed. Final bill to get my car back was $91.14. Receipt says at bottom that a complimentary multi-point inspection is included, but I was charged 59.99 for a multi-point inspection that would "be refunded if I got all the work done".

Estimate for work "needed" was now at $867.44, though the clerk said something that cost $100 was added twice on the estimate (though nothing is duplicated) and it would only be $767.44. Estimate shows, among other things, that I needed all calipers replaced and power steering fluid flushed, etc... KICKER: THIS IS A NEW CAR WHICH DOESN'T NEED ANY OF THIS.

I took my vehicle in for service. I'm a female - of course they try to upsell. I only got done what I needed to get done. They did an alignment and balanced and rotated my tires. I have a truck. My truck came with a full size spare tire. It's gone. Called the manager. He was rude, inconsiderate, told me I probably only bought it with a little tire. Let's see. I'm in finance - I know what I bought and I have used the spare before. He continued to be rude. So check your spare tires!

The Manager (Bradon) at Just Brakes was very rude and disrespectful. He got very upset with me because he offered to cut down my rotors instead of replacing them. I told him "I'll be more comfortable driving car if he just can replace my rotors that wasn't even a week old and causing problems on my car!" I wouldn't recommend anyone to JUST BRAKES on Gulf to Bay.

Do not trust this store. They create problems to make money. They put me and my family's safety on the line along with everyone else on the road. I brought my Altima in for a oil change and tire rotation. They did their inspection and the mechanic suggests an coolant flush, brake flush and power steering flush. He tells me that they are all empty. He point to the coolant reservoir which was mostly too low. I tell him it is on the cold line marking for MAX, he says it does not have enough. Then he points to the brake fluid tank and says I do not have any in there either. He says I need a flush for all of them. I decline. After they perform the oil change and tire rotation, I leave and go home.

When I pull into my garage I hear a loud squealing noise. It was my brake. I did not have any issues or noise with my brakes until I went to Just Brakes. Now everytime I push on my brakes they make noise. I took the car back the next day because I had to go to work. When I brought the car back to the shop it squealing as they pull it into the bay. If my brakes were squealing like this when I brought it in for service then they would have suggested repair but it was not making any noise until I left.

The vehicle recently had been service, the brakes were check (60% left), oil and coolant flush were done. The mechanic who work on my car the first time but not the second came from the waiting area and got my face about him not doing anything to my brakes. If I had actually said to him that I think they did something to the car, I believe he would have jumped on me right then. When I asked him why was it making all of this noise now and not when I brought it into the shop, he did not have anything to say. They day before another mechanic complain that they never get bonuses but I guess messing up people cars is how they are going to make their bonus next time.

Took my vehicle in for an estimate on getting my brakes fixed at Just Brakes store #0610 Largo, FL 33778. Estimate was $572.00. Go to pick my vehicle up and the Just Brakes employee says "you need more parts. It's going to be another $140.00 dollars," which at this point I have no choice, needing my vehicle for work the next day. Upon driving the vehicle the following day, it has the same problem it had when I took it in. Round two, took my vehicle back. Employee says "we will check it out." I get a call two hours later saying it's gonna be another $225.00 dollars. Vehicle is not correct again after the second chance. FOR PEOPLE THINKING OF USING JUST BRAKES DO NOT. REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Went to Just Brakes, Warm Springs store # 0713, Las Vegas Nevada regarding their $99 brake special. After looking at my brakes, the owner attempted to charge $430 for pads and rotors for a Chevy Malibu. The true cost should've been around $200. When I refused the higher price, they replaced the pads but insisted there would be no warranty on their work. They also broke state law in not giving me a written estimate. They get around that by having you sign an electronic pad before showing what you're signing. Significantly, there were NO CUSTOMERS there while my car was being serviced. Stay away from this company. They'll fleece you if they can and provide substandard service.

These people shouldn't be allowed to be in business. Was told a brake job would be 169 plus tax. After their so called inspection they told me it would be 900.00. I told them I couldn't afford that so they then came down to 640.00. After that we settled for just under 600.00. Found out they charged me for 2 new rotors at the rate of 380.00. I called the local auto parts store and they said the cost of 2 new rotors for my vehicle would have been 180.00 and that included bearings. They also charged me 2 hrs labor @ 95.00 an hour and the job only took an hour to do the job. Don't use this place... you've been warned.

Just Brakes Company Profile