Jim Click Automotive Team

Tucson, AZ

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have a 2005 Chrysler 300 that we took in for service to Jim Click Chrysler for an engine flush, new radiator hoses and new fan belt. When I took it in the car was very clean. About six months ago we had taken it to Maaco to fix minor dents or scratches by others. So when I took it into Click it was in good shape with the exception of the back driver's side fender. The Service Rep and I walked around the car to inspect for damage. He pointed out the driver's side rear fender had been scraped and I side yes my wife had bumped a car in our driveway that was parked by a guest in the wrong place.

When I went to pick the car up we walked around the car again to inspect for damage. There was a new little crease in the front driver's side fender and a scrape on the wheel well. It was obvious because the car was clean and it is Black and the crease had white paint in it. The Service Rep went to get the Service Manager. The Service Manager decided - without asking the mechanic or kids that drive the vehicle back out - that it was already there when I brought it in and he knew it did not happen there. I argued with him for a little bit and he finally agreed to fix it. He said bring it back in early when we get a chance. It was a one or two day fix. Minor work.

We brought it in at 8a.m. Monday and the Service Manager once again wanted to argue about it basically calling me a liar that he knew it did not happen there, even though he never asked anyone there at the time if they had done it. It is now Friday and they are still saying it's not done even though they had told us it would be done much earlier. They are holding our car hostage. It was a minor repair and they refuse to get my wife a rental car so she can still work. I will never use Jim Click again.

We bought a 2015 Versa last month. We have not had service, but I was very disappointed in their sales force. The sale price was $1800 over base, maintenance for life, and a security system. I had started a new job so my wife did the buying. The price of everything was inflated extended warranty, gap insurance, and interest rate. There was internal financing, internal extended warranty, and internal gap insurance. So my $12,900 vehicle came in at $20,000.

After a couple days, literally, our credit union offered us a loan at half the rate, $50 off the gap, and $2,000 off the extended insurance. When we tried to unwind the loan, etc. we were told the loan was processed and we would have to wait 5-8 WEEKS for the extended warranty refund. To top it off, they registered the car in my wife's name, so we can't refinance without paying salsa tax, AGAIN. The term "lying, cheating car salesman" seems to be how they operate. I will NEVER, NEVER buy a car from the again.

My daughter brought her Nissan Versa in for her first maintenance check and oil change. When it was done she drove out of the lot and realized something was wrong. The car would not shift out of 1st gear. The shifter was loose. She turned around and brought it back. They claim they smelled burnt clutch when they test drove it. Upon looking at the vehicle they found that the cable in the shifter had come off. They drove it again and found that it came off again.

When I spoke to the service manager ** he said that my daughter broke it but it was under warranty so it will be fixed. It is the 3rd time this brand new car has been in the shop and I asked ** for the dist. managers #. He refused to give me any #. An hour later ** the General Mgr. of Nissan called me. We were on speaker phone and I asked him to take me off. He said ** was here also for the discussion. I told him the issue. He told me that he wasn't saying my daughter broke the car but the he WAS implying that.

I was told that there was no one else I could talk to. They were the bosses! There was nothing wrong with the car when she brought it in PERIOD! But to insult us with implying instead of sorry for all the trouble is revolting. They will sell you a car but do not back up with the service! I have spoke to their survey takers 3 times and no one ever calls me back. Jim Click Service is the lowest form of the cheap used car salesman and WE WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!! GO SOME WHERE ELSE!!!

In April 2014 I received a recall letter for the Light Control Module (LCM) for my 2004 Crown Victoria. I called Ford and they said – “We don't have any yet, call back in 2 weeks.” Every time I called back they said "call back in 2 weeks". This happened 3 or 4 times. Finally, I called and was told I have to bring my car in so they could verify if my LCM was defected. THEN they would order a part for me. I took my car in on Oct 13. The LCM was defective. I knew this because the car could not be driven at night, because the lights did not work all the time.

In November I was told the part was in and I took my car in for LCM replacement. Ford called me and said the LCM they had was for a 2005 and did not fit my car. I had to pick my car up without a LCM. After many calls to the service advisor, without any satisfaction, I called the service manager. He said my part was in and set up a 9:00AM appointment on Jan. 2, 2015. I took my car in to have the LCM installed. 6 hours later between 3:00 and 4:00, I called 6 different times to find out the status. I could not connect to anyone. Finally, I got the operator and she said not to hang up, she would find someone. She made 4 calls and could not connect with anyone. I ask her to call customer service. I ask them to check on my car. The woman walked over to the service rep and she connected me to him.

My car was ready. I asked him why it took 7 hours to take out 2 screws and unplug 3 connectors. He said they were just busy. I reminded him I had a 9:00 appointment. He said he didn't have a technician sitting around waiting for me to come in. When I picked up my car it had a loud ticking noise in the dash. This noise was not there when we took the car in. I asked the service advisor about the noise. He said it was there when I brought it in. My wife, who drove the car there, and I both said it was not there when we brought it in. The advisor said the technician called him and said there was a noise. The advisor said to ignore it and install the LCM. His attitude was somewhat disrespectful. I was upset because he insinuated my wife and I were liars. He said I had a bad attitude and would not talk to me anymore.

I went to the service manager (SR) and he and the asst SR examined the sound. He said the sound was the blender motor and they did not work in that area. The blender motor and the LCM are both located under the dash. After some heated discussion, with my 74 year old wife crying (she drives the car) in the service area, the SR mgr agreed to fix the blender at no cost to us. I agreed, as I feel this was the right thing to do, as I know the noise was not there when we drove in. If there was a loud noise in the dash when I drove in, I would have asked them to look at it and give me an estimate on fixing it (Any reasonable person would have done this).

My wife and I are both senior citizens and it is my opinion they thought they could take advantage of us. I really tried to be understanding and Mr. nice guy throughout this 5-6 months effort and although the advisor didn't call us liars, I feel he insinuated that we were lying about the dash noise. This is the first negative review I have ever filled out and I feel bad because it has come to this end. I will never deal with Jim Click Motors again.

My lady friend took her 2012 jeep grand cherokee in for the last free oil change and was told the engine air cleaner, cabin filter were bad and had a corroded fuel system that needed attention and/or replacement. She was told if not addressed it would kill the engine and so fearful she told them to do it. We went to pick it up and I was astounded that the bill was 274 dollars. Two things really stand out here. First the oem filters cost 54 dollars and 25 minutes to install and who knows what they did for corrosion in the plastic gas tank. They did an injector flush which typically isn’t needed till a vehicle has 100k or more miles.. They had replaced the cabin and air filter 5 months earlier with the same dire warnings for 106 dollars. This vehicle had 23000 miles on it! These guys are scammers! Go to anyplace except Jim click. Especially if you’re a woman. Wanted someplace to get the word out as there aren't places at click’s website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jim Click Automotive?

I purchased a 2007 Quest in January of 2007, before we even drove the car off the lot the battery was completely dead. Wouldn't even take a boost. The dealership replaced the battery but I have had two more go dead since then. They said it is something about the heat in Arizona but if that is the case shouldn't someone install a battery suited for this environment? After all it was sold here in Arizona.

I have had to replace the break pads about 6 times. The rotors have been resurfaced 3 times replaced and resurfaced again. The service technician told me that starting around 2005, that car manufacturers have been under pressure to get fuel economy down and the brake weight has been reduced as well as the design of the calipers. This causes the rotor to super heat under normal braking and then once it cools it warps causing the vibration you feel when braking. He said it doesn't matter how you drive it happens the same way. The only thing you could do to counteract that would be to use after market rotors with the holes drilled into them and replace the calipers.

My transmission (or so I thought) started slipping in the first year I owned the vehicle. It turns out the motor mounts were broken, the lower and the right front. Which subsequently pulled my power steering hoses which are now leaking. The oil cooler gasket began leaking in the first year of ownership as well.

Oh my favorite is the "special" power steering fluid that the dealer has to perform. I had my transmission serviced at the dealer and the service cashier told me it was 159. So I told them to go ahead and do it. Then the service adviser came back and told me it was actually over $300 but they gave it to me for the price I was quoted. I have spent over $3000 on a vehicle that is just over 3 years old.

1) Own a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Everytime I have taken it in for service and/or recall and/or problems I have never been satisfied with the service. I happened to note that when it was less than 6 months old, the visor on the driver's size wouldn't stay flush against the ceiling. I told a Jim Click rep about this, and upon returning my car after service he said they checked it out and nothing was wrong! Then when I took it in for a recall in 2008, the visor by this time would just hang down in front of my forehead and upon once again mentioning this, the rep interupted me and said...oh yeah...we've had problems with that! Why did I have to suffer through additional months in the beginning and wait until Hyundai actually had more than 1 complaint???? 2) When the car was nearly a year old, I remember driving and I heard a thunk-like sound and it felt like my foot which was on the accelerator/gas had dropped and gone thru the floorboard of the car! That's what it felt like. Well, I soon found out that what had happened was that the area around the foot pedal had ripped. It's as if there was a hollow spot when it was down at the factory or there was a bad thread that finally tore. Needless to say, I now have an area that is town which outlines the foot pedal, and NOOOOO this is not caused by me wearing high heeled shows/boots. I am 51 yrs. old and have driven for aquite awhile and have NEVER, EVER had this happen in any car that I have owned. The carpet has never torn in this way. When I reported it to Hyundai, they said they would look into it, and then told me that it couldn't be covered. 3) The airbag sensor on the front passenger side never worked correctly and I mentioned this to Jim Click in the first 3 months, but again, was told here was nothing wrong. 4) My husband and I owned a 2001 Hyundai which Our eldest daughter now drives. We did not have near the problems in service with her car and she loves it. After the service we have received on this 2006 Hyundai, we doubt that we will purchase another one.

We purchased our 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT because of its warranty and the fact that new vehicles don't have many problems. This has not been the fact. The check engine light comes on constantly but the dealership says the gas cap isn't on tight enough despite it being replaced once already. The sunroof isn't used any more as it has been in the shop twice for falling off its track.

The thermostat clogged up and had to be towed to the dealership to be fixed. Now the headlight switch is defective to the point that the parking lights and interior dash lights flash on and off as you drive down the road. So far, all work has been covered by the dealership, but I would have rather purchased a reliable vehicle than to have to be without a vehicle that's in the shop under warranty.

On 9-10-04 my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon would not start. I had it towed to the dealership on Sept 11th. I then picked my car up on the 14th of September. That same afternoon, the car would not start! It was doing the same exact thing it was when I had it towed in. I called Bruce who was taking care of my car at the dealership and let him know that the car would not start and that it was doing the same exact thing it was when I had it towed in the first time. I then had it towed back to the dealership on Sept 15th. I just picked up the car on Sept 25th. I tried to drive it on the morning of the 26th and the check engine light came on and the car died not even 50 yards from my driveway.

I am so incredibly upset with the service I have received and the pure fact that my car is still not drivable after being at the dealership for 2 weeks. When I picked up my car this last time my car had been left out in the rain for two days and they didn't even care enough to wash the windshield and there is a scratch in the drivers side window tint. After paying the $43.99 to get the car washed it now has to go back to the dealership where it will come back filthy again.

In February of 2002 while my wife was driving our 1998 Dodge Durango the check gauges light came on and the oil pressure dropped to zero. My wife stopped, checked the oil level (which was fine), got back in the car and all the gauges were normal. While driving at a rate of 75 miles per hour the Durango "clunked" and immediately died.

Fortunately, my wife was able to pull to the side of the busy interstate without causing an accident. At this time the vehicle was towed to Jim Click Dodge in Tucson, Arizona.

We were advised the due to poor maintenance we had a sludge buildup which lead to the oil pump failing and ultimately to the engine failing. Mileage on the vehicle at this time was $65,499. We paid $5,550 for a new engine as we were told this would not be covered by warranty. July of 2003 while making a road trip we had almost the same incident happen; however, the vehicle was still driveable. We found a mechanic that advised us we would need a new oil pump. After paying $950.00 for repairs, $365.00 for a rental car we picked up the vehicle and it ran worse than ever.

The mechanic told us the vehicle was safe to drive, so we returned home with it. Once home we took it to a local mechanic that advised us that we would need a new engine. We now have invested an additional $266.00 to have the vehicle towed back to Jim Click Dodge in Tucson, AZ., to be advised that we would have to produce all maintenance records to determine if it will be covered by warranty. Current mileage on the vehicle is 91, 749. Producing these maintenance records will be next to impossible as we moved over the course of the past year and either packed or destroyed a lot of paperwork. We did not have the maintenance work done at a dealership as we did not live in close proximity to a dealer.

In June we came to the end of our lease agreement and decided to purchase the vehicle (since it hasd a new engine). When I called Jim Click to ask about the warranty on the second engine I was told it was 3 years/36,000 miles. Last Friday, August 1, 2003, I called Jim Click to ask for a copy of the Terms and Conditions of the Warranty and was advised it may take a few days to find the warranties on a "remanufactured engine"; however, they would get it to me as soon as possible. I was shocked and stunned to find that I paid $6,000 for a remanufactured engine when I thought I was receiving a new engine.

Purchased a 2002 Dodge Durango, brand new. I have had it in the shop 5 times with Air conditioning complaints. Twice they said nothing was wrong and on the other 3 times they fixed or replaced parts. On the last time I was there they had said nothing was wrong. I had explained to them that the air was not blowing properly from the side vents and that it took a very long time to cool down, and still did not cool as well as other vehicles. I compared my Durango to another 2002 Durango on the lot in which the air worked properly.

I asked the mechanic to compare my vehicle to the new one, his reply was "Yes your vents do not work as well as the new one, and yes it does seem to take along time to cool, but I can find nothing wrong and we will not do anything about it." I spoke with Daimler Chrysler and there response was "There is nothing wrong with your Air Conditioner, and go get an attorney if you want"

As briefly as I can, I have repeated problems with my console air vents breaking. I purchased this vehicle new @ Courtesy Mazda in Tampa, July, 2001. Every one of the 4 has broken once and 2 of them have broken twice. The headliner was coming down in 2 places(one has been fixed, the other I'm told cannot be fixed), emergency brake was noticeably ineffective only 4-5 months after orig. purchase, the vent on the passenger's side feet intermittently falls off, the upholstery behind driver's side rear fold-down seat keeps coming apart. A hexagon head screw came loose in my steering column which caused the steering to temporarily lock up.

The dealership has damaged the dash 2 separate times when replacing the vents, I have had appointments delayed or I have had to cancel them, due to the fact that the dealership has not been able to work on my vehicle, due to lack of technicians I am told. Work has not been put on the work order, so when I pick up vehicle, not all work has been done. Mazda corp. seems to think the answer may be to go to another dealership...there are no others in Tucson. I am told by one person it takes 3-5 days for a part to come in & 7-10 days by another.

Both times the dash was damaged, I had to bring it to the service advisor's attention before driving off the lot.(one advisor,Gary, claimed he left a note in my car stating this...there was no note. Overall, most of the people I have dealt with have an indifferent "accidents happen," "go somewhere else" attitude. Also, I had to ask for a receipt for the work done on the last visit...I was told itwould have to be sent to me because of something having to do with the paperwork not yet received from the rental car company. I was given, upon request, something that shows I had work done & what damages or missed work happened.

Jim Click Automotive Team Company Profile