2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (563 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2012

Jeep Commander 2007 Stalling Problem for 4 Years: The Commander will start stalling 1st time after 30,000 work is completed. It will stall once every two weeks or so and escalate to several times a day. When I take it in for service, unless they can duplicate the issue, they make us take it back. So, we are, basically, driving it until it will stall daily. We have nearly (my wife and my daughter) been in two accidents due to the stalling, with cars coming at us in excess of 60 miles per hour. Eventually, we will get to the point that it will stall and all the lights will cut off and it will turn back on while driving on the highway at 55 miles per hour. We have filed 2 suits with Chrysler ** and **. They are this point putting the pressure on our service company, Prince Frederick, MD Jeep, and they have done everything they can. Chrysler is acting as if they have never heard of my situation and the danger they are putting my family in.

However, I can find investigations on my year and model on Consumer Affairs and USDT Investigation EA07-007 and PE07-009 as well as a ConsumerAffairs.com report dated 5/01/07 pertaining to this matter. We are so worried as what to do. I can not drive with my daughter and my husband drives all the way, too, into DC from Dunkirk, MD and I worry about his safety. I just want a safe vehicle for my family and they use us as there guinea pigs to drive until it is in a bad state and very frightening. We have lots of hills and people drive very fast in this area which makes it more frightening to stall. My daughter is too afraid to get in the Jeep and she cried last time we nearly were hit on our way to take her to school. Please help us. We don't want to trade it in so another family could be hurt and be in this situation or a teenager!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2012

My 2007 jeep commander wants to stall when starting off. It remains locked at 35 mph, until I shift it to neutral, and back to drive. The dealer cannot find the problem. I fear that it will get me into an accident at some point.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

I financed a new 2007 Jeep Commander Sport. The first of many visits to the dealer was reinstalling the software. Then, we experienced on occasion, when all the gears on the panel lit up, and our truck wouldn't drive over 20 mph, which we recorded. I took it to the dealer, and never duplicated the error (software got updated). A couple of months later, the passenger speaker had a recall, and the dealer fixed it. A few months later, we noticed on cold days the idle would drop, as it was going to shut off. Also, on stops, the idle would go up, as my foot was on the break pedal. This got me worried. Once, a pedestrian walking in front of me thought I did it to scare them. I took it to the dealer. At this time, I knew the staff at Long Beach Chrysler Jeep personally, so they tried duplicating it. Of course, it wasn't. Months went by, everything was cool, I guess, then there was another recall on the side air bags. Before I go on, I forgot my wife was in involved in an accident, as she was leaving her parking spot. To get on the street, a driver clipped her tire, and pushed her forward six feet onto a parked Lexus. No airbags were deployed. They inspected something like the black box, and said she was traveling at a certain rate of speed to deploy. Whatever, my wife was at fault. The problem ended with the self idling after the last software upgrade.

At 30,000 miles, I needed to service the transmission. I thought about taking it to a local shop. To my surprise, my truck didn't come equipped with a transmission dipstick. The dealer, or someone with the latest tool could only check it. At this time, I had moved to Bakersfield, so my choice was to take it to the local Jeep dealer. They noticed there was a leak on a seal. My warranty covered it, but had to pay a $200 deductible. It was smooth sailing, until my turning signaler started acting up in November. It was broken, so I had to replace it, and again, I had to pay a deductible.

A month later, I noticed outside air coming in through the vents, but my fan cycle was off, and air was in recirculating mode, so no air should have been noticed. I took it in, in January 2012, to see if there was a recall, or maybe something got disconnected. The Bakersfield Jeep dealer would charge a diagnostic fee, and if the part was covered in warranty, they would waive it. They found the actuator needs to be replaced, and it's not covered by my warranty. They gave me a discounted quote for $850, but got me for my diagnostic fee. I knew it was a problem with the outside air coming in, so when I took it in, I told them it must be some kind of damper, that opens and closes like a door. Why couldn't the dealer tell me that only major AC components were covered, before they took my money. So now, my warranty is expiring, and I'm shopping for an extended warranty service outside the dealer. Since I have a pre-existing problem, a new warranty will not honor it. Unless it's another component that leads to that problem.

Another issue I experienced about 2 years later after purchase, was my passenger mirror needed to be replaced. The long beach dealer fixed it. Prior to that, my gear shifter got stuck, and needed to be fixed. The dealer fixed it. Within the third year or so, I was living in the valley, and it gets hot. I turned the AC on, and a real foul muggy smell would come out of the vents. I took it to the dealer, and they had report that the condensate drain was plugged up. The dealer fixed it and even cleaned up my AC vents with some fancy spray. I'm finally going to be done paying it off in a few months, and have no plans of ever buying a Chrysler/Jeep vehicle. For what it's worth, now I think I'll have to buy an extended warranty elsewhere. I hope my issues get resolved with whatever service contract I purchase, and hope it's not the actuator that the dealer said was faulty. I'm not planning to get rid of it for now, I will drive it until years of newer warranties are expired.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

I write to you with deep dissatisfaction caused by my first impression of your service levels. I bought my car couple of months ago mid of December from your show room in Riyadh Dabbab Street. The first time I drove it, I noticed that the Forward Collision Warning was indicating that its not functioning in the computer screen located in the dashboard. The sales representative informed me that this might be a small programming issue that could be solved by visiting the servicing center in Khurais Street. During the first week of driving the car, I found out that the car also flags unnecessary breaking alarms on the computer screen. Also, the cruise control function gets disengaged within seconds of operation and driving.

I visited your servicing center and a check was made where they found there is a defect in couple of parts that needed to be changed for the Radar and the Cruise Control functions to work. I was informed that the parts will be requested and in two weeks the parts will arrive and I will be contacted to bring my car to replace the parts and fix those two issues for both functions to operate.

The fact that this was my first experience with a new car that had been bought and is considered the top of the Jeep Brand line was very disappointing. Usually, manufacturing defects surface within the first thousands of kilometers drive. In my case, it was the first seconds of driving the car out of the show room. However it gets worse...

Although I was promised that I will receive a call in two weeks time, which never happened, I visited the servicing center for the second time approximately two weeks after not getting any update or the promised call. I was told that there is another part that still pending and needs to be ordered. I was requested to wait for another month. I expressed my dissatisfaction, knowing that such type of parts would not need more than two weeks to be ordered from the factory in the US if needed . I also suggested to the service manager to use DHL services and charge me the delivery fees if it's not within the UMC policy to request parts through international couriers. Two weeks is usually the normal experience with my other car parts ordering process where unavailable parts in the region would take maximum 15 days to be ordered from the factory. I was told that I could take my car back home and I will be called again when the second part will arrive. From my previous experience and the bad first impression I encountered, I refused and preferred leaving it to be serviced for other issues believing that the main old issue will be sorted as per my expectation.

Two weeks now and my car still held with your servicing center without any update from your side. Today, I called your servicing center following up on the issues raised and again, I could not get any expectation or feedback as when the parts will arrive, replaced and my car can be delivered as I was expecting (fully functional) when I first bought it.

I would kindly request you to review the circumstances of this compliant and find a reasonable solution that will insure a proper management of your customer's expectations is a key deliverable to promote the well known and respected Jeep Brand. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2012

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot and the check engine was on. I had it put into the purchase paper work that it need to be fixed upon my purchase. I had my dad pull the code on it and it was a P2004 intake manifold stuck open.

I informed the dealer of the code and they said that they will get it fixed and they had to order the part. The dealership had my Jeep for three days and when I got it back, the light was off but the next day, while driving home from work, the light came on again. I again had my dad pull the code and he said P2004 intake manifold stuck open. Upon further investigation of the engine, he also stated that there doesn't seem to have been any work done on the engine. What can I do? I cannot afford to put almost $1000 into a vehicle. The dealership is being uncooperative as well.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2012

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty brand new. It will be 5 yrs that I have had it in Dec. It has less than 60,000 miles on it and I have had so many problems with it. First off, the 1st yr was good. Then it just snowballed from there. A spring broke in the lifters; this was covered. Then my check engine light kept coming on. The car would stall. I was told it was an emissions problem. It cost nearly $500 to have it fixed.

Then the ABS light started coming on constantly. Starting the car up in the driveway, the ABS light would come on. Sitting still at a traffic light ,the ABS light would come on. I took it to the dealer to have it checked and told them exactly what I stated. I was told that they needed to know more. They didn't know why it was happening.

Then this summer, my driver side window stopped working. I took it to the dealer and they told me, "Oh, that's not covered. It's the window regulator, only the lifters are covered." After fighting with Chrysler about this, they said if I paid 90 dollars, they would pay the rest. I did not get it right to the dealer. I come home one day and there is a message from Chrysler saying, "Oh, that deal was only good for 30 days and you didn't get it done. so it's null and void."

At no time was I told there was a deadline on the deal. Yesterday, I went to move my car out of the drive so my husband can leave for work. As I put the car into park, there was a loud clicking noise. I went to turn the car off and the key didn't turn all the way and it's stuck in the ignition. I took it to the dealer and they tell me that the shifter cable is broken and "no, it's not covered, it will cost me 330 dollars".

I bought a new car so I would not have the problems of a car "nickel and dime-ing" me all the time. Boy, did I get screwed. I have had better used cars that totally lasted a lot longer without breaking down.I am very angry that I have had to put all this money into this car. I really believe that this car has a lot of defects. I have read numerous complaints about people having problems with the windows, etc., yet nothing is being done.

So what do I have to look forward to next? I just can't believe in the time that I have had this vehicle all that has gone wrong. I could maybe understand it if it were a lot older. I'm totally dissatisfied with Jeep and Chrysler for that matter. And it proves to me that the quality of the cars the are being putting out are way below standard. They say you pay for what you get. Well, I guess I pretty much paid for poor craftsmanship and a defective car.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2012

There is a recall notice out there for those of you who have problems with your window regulator. My wife's sister had hers fail (2009 Jeep Liberty) and paid $450 to have it repaired. A recall notice was generated and she was paid for this repair. Check it out.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2012

Currently, new power train motor mount, car is stalling and stops. Chrysler changed my dealership. Antwerpen treated me poorly and sold a defective vehicle with rust and all. Currently, the car is at Tate in MD. All I'm asking for is an extended warranty. Many more parts have been changed. The trouble is that the dealership can't duplicate problems. They have to use on star. Even then, I was told by Mr. ** that they can't duplicate problem. I have an extended history of service with the vehicle. It requires its own file box. I need assistance in order to obtain an extended warranty.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2012

While backing out of my usual parking space at the usual cautious pace, as I placed my foot on the brake, the Jeep (V8) suddenly chirped all four tires. Fortunately, I reacted by undoing what I just did, removed brake pressure (scary), then moved my foot left back onto the brake and stopped the vehicle. So, I've advised my wife to not drive the Jeep, and if any car suddenly accelerates, remove your foot and quickly replace it properly on the brake. Also, I advised her to slap the shifter into neutral and turn off the key. Remember, the Audi story years ago (we had one). The same situation happened. I got my foot partly on both the brake and accelerator and it chirped the front tires. In both cases when accelerating, there is less vacuum pressure due to the wide open throttle, so brake force is reduced, requiring many more pounds of force to stop. So, we need to remind our families that it's easy to do, and be ready to in due what you just did. By the way, now my Jeep lift gate is dented from car wash guys pushing the car from the wash line.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2012

I have a 2011 Jeep Compass with 2.4 liter engine. The vehicle has 500 miles and we are only getting 7-10 miles/gallons in the city. I cannot get any assistance from the dealership. They just tell me to wait until summer and see if it improves. Anybody have some of the same problems?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

I just leased a 2012 Jeep Liberty. Jeep on their own website says that every radio system on the Jeep Liberty comes with Sirius XM radio and a 1-year subscription, as does the new car window sticker, and as did the salesman who leased me the vehicle. However, poking around all the channels on my new "Sirius XM radio", I find that there are channels missing. Upon deeper research, I find that I actually have a "Sirius Select" subscription, not a Sirius XM subscription as promised. And upon further checking I find that I cannot just upgrade my subscription on my own to get Sirius XM channels because Sirius XM requires a “different radio than is offered with the Jeep Liberty!”

If Jeep had said, "Our Sirius XM (the manufacturer) radios come with a free 1-year Sirius Select subscription," that would be one thing, but they did not. I have been on the phone with Sirius XM, and many times with the Jeep dealer and with Jeep corporate. Today the Jeep sales manager called me and basically said, "Sorry but we are not liable for that." The assigned Jeep case worker told me first that they would give me free oil changes. When I insisted they keep their word and give me Sirius XM radio as promised, she then came back and said they would cover half of the cost of the Sirius XM radio. If they aren't responsible, why would they do that? When I tried to nail the case manager down about exactly how much that is and if that included the subscription, she said she didn't know. Obviously she is going back and forth with the dealership, which is not owned by Jeep but is an independent dealer.

I also looked into getting Sirius XM internet radio, but again that still does not have the XM stations I want, so I can't cover this on my own without spending hundreds. But I shouldn't have to do that anyway. The issue isn't just a few channels. The issue is that Jeep is not providing something that is promised and is listed on the sales receipt. I don't want to make a huge deal about this. All I want is what I was promised. How about it, Jeep?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

For the second time in less than 2 years my rear window regulator broke. First time it cost me $350.00. Now they want another $170.00 to fix it, plus it cost me $65.00 for them to tell me what was wrong with it. I told them to tape it up and forget it. I am not working at this time and cannot afford the company's incompetence. I cannot believe that with so many complaints on this that the company has not recalled this defective component in their vehicles. Am I angry? You bet. I am looking for a different vehicle today, forget them. I loved my vehicle but cannot afford this problem every time I turn around.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2012

The dealer was called and he told us that we were 129th on the list for a speaker transformer. The right side of the vehicle has no sound. After inspection we were told that the speaker needed a transformer. I called a dealer in Florida when the date the transformer was supposed to arrive here came and went. We were supposed to have it by January 24. After speaking to Florida I was told that they didn't know if any were going to be coming in because they didn’t have a supplier. So they sell you dead equipment and they can't replace it. We have so much trouble with this Jeep. The motor has been replaced, plus the transmission, the heater blower, the seat heater and the list goes on and on.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

I started my 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport to warm it up and after 10 minutes, the gas tank exploded. If you have one, I would sell it now before this happens to you. I will never buy a car with the Jeep name ever again! If my family would have been in it, I would have Jeep's ** right now. They should really be investigated for faulty manufacturing as I hear more and more horrible things are happening to almost every model of Jeep that is out right now.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

My mom had purchased a brand new 2003 Jeep Liberty sport in 2003. Everything was good with the car for a while except it idled high and then the fan went out. When we had that replaced, the ABS light came on and really has never turned off. The mechanic had unplugged wires and messed with fuses, but it never was fixed. There also was a recall on the lower ball joints, which took forever for the dealership to send to us. Now here is the interesting part, we live in a remote area of Alaska and it does get cold. Last Wednesday, I went out and started the jeep and it ran about 10 minutes before we heard this loud boom in our house. I looked outside and the car had blown up and was on fire back by the gas tank. The car is a complete loss, the whole inside was burnt to hell, there was nothing left. The fire department said the case was an equipment malfunction. They think either the gas line or tank froze and then cracked or something. I have read online about the gas tank problems other Liberty owners have had and that is really scary. I am just thankful no one was in the car and no one was hurt.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

I would like to let it be known that Jeep compass is very unsafe. I went for an oil change to find out my steering wheel is ready to go out of control. The Jeep is bought on 2008 and only driven to and from work. The local driver said it’s loose and want to charge me over $1,000 to fix not only that has terrible blind spot which is unsafe. I had a Caviler for 13 years and never had something like that happen. There should be a manufacture recall.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2012

I took my 04 jeep in for oil leaks from front and rear oil seals. They removed the transmission. Now, the transmission shifts wrong and hard. Also, transmission has a hard time engaging and disengaging. Also, my windows and door locks don’t work again. I put the Jeep up on a rack and found the transmission vent tube hanging torn ground wires that were not disconnected when transmission was removed along with missing tarns oil pan bolts. All this so-called work was done by the Jeep dealer in Hilo, Hawaii.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2012

I own a 2006 Jeep Liberty that I purchased new. I had several problems with the window regulators breaking and the windows falling down or failing to roll back up. The first few times these were replaced under warranty. After my warranty expired, my back two windows broke and fell down. I called to find out what this would cost and was told about $400 per window. I did not have nearly $900 to shell out to have this fixed when there is an obvious problem with these windows in this model year.

Last year, I found out Jeep decided to extend the warranty on these windows for model years 2006-2007 for 7 years. I called my dealer to find out about this warranty and was asked for my Vin number, they ran the number and told me my car did not qualify as it was past the cut off month - mine built in March '06 and they said it was for anything after May '06 and later. The letter says nothing about this! They said I could have them fixed and pay for it and then try to get my money back from Chrysler Jeep.

I am a single mother and don't have that kind of money to get these fixed for a problem that Jeep is very aware of! This is very unsafe as your car can easily be broken into if the window starts to fall. All someone has to do is push down, reach in and open the car. I currently have wedges stuck in between the glass and door to try and keep these up. It is ridiculous. I can't use my windows and I will never be able to sell this car or trade it in with this problem not fixed. The cost is too expensive that no one else will want to pay to have it done. I am stuck with this car that was poorly designed that Jeep is very aware of and now will do nothing about it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2012

I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot and my car continues to stall. While driving down the highway with my baby, a 2-year old, the call stalled and I had to use the momentum from before hand to steer over to the emergency lane. Upset and shaken, I called to tell my fiance because all this began after having a routine oil change just four days earlier with only one day of driving in between.

In either case, I'm in the emergency lane just moments before a possible rear ending. The car now parked and turned off. I waited five minutes before restarting it. As soon as the car was able (meaning it kept stalling within same day), I took it back to the dealership. They told me the oil is fine and that now my check engine light and oil indicator light is on. I'm baffled. It wasn't before. They asked me to pay them over $400 to diagnose and perform preventive services that weren't needed prior to them changing my oil.

I left with intention of contacting corporate FTC (1-877-) and NHTSA (1-888-). To my distress, these events happened four more times before I made it home. My home is a five-minute drive from the dealer. I am petrified to drive it. I am so scared that if and when it happens again, I won't be able to get to safety before something horrific happens. As I read similar complaints to that of my own, I see that Jeep has made this a recall issue for Cherokees and Compass only and that is what baffles me. If this issue is occurring with Patriots as well with different year makes and nationwide, isn't that at least worth looking into considering the safety issues it poses?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

I have a new 2011 Jeep Patriot. The car does not even have 2K miles on and the brakes squeal. The dealer has already replaced the brakes, and the problem continues. It's been a week, and the dealer is still waiting to hear back from Jeep. I guess my life is not important to Jeep.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

Let it be known that the life of an importer of Jeep Liberty CRDs to Canada is humiliated into a great deal of time wasting trouble. Dealers in my city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada don't like importers. They call us “curbers.” A bad word. The Chrysler service departments don't like the Liberty CRD. The latest problem is when I must go to my local dealer to get the daytime running lights activated. DRLs are mandatory to satisfy the Canadian Auto Registrar.

Dealers charge $90 for the Canadian module and they charge $90 to activate the module, which looks like a relay that goes into the left hand side dash fuse box. The US module plugs right in beside the Canadian one and when the programming is finished you unplug the US relay module. (It buzzes if you leave it in). Today the dealer took my CRD into their shop. I signed the waiver and in a half hour I get a call that they cannot get their computer to get into the Liberty’s computer. This means no DRL and no to any updates. I got back into my CRD and noticed the air bag light was on. I tried plugging the US module back in and also tried disconnecting the battery for reset.

Nothing works. Dodge City service department Saskatoon, SK is stating no responsibility and will not hook their computer up to my ECU unless I agree to at least $2,000 minimum work order. The Jeep CRD and a Canadian importer are victims.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I have a 2007 Jeep Commander. I went to drive it today, and again, it would not start. The car has had its battery replaced already, and this has happened a couple of times since I've owned it. I have had many "electrical quirks" such as lights blinking and going off. It also has completely turned off on the turnpike on a hill. There was no power in the vehicle, and the left lane traffic is extremely dangerous. The jeep does frequently lurch forward when at a stop, when the engine is still running. I keep looking for recalls, and found none, but others I know with Commanders have had the same issues. How many complaints, before they are made to fix the problems at their cost, not mine?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2012

I had an accident on 1/4/12 where I hit another vehicle going 35 mph. My vehicle was imbedded in the back end of the vehicle I hit. My air bags didn't go off and I was told that it was due to the deceleration of the vehicle. I never even had a chance to hit the breaks. The man I spoke with at Chrylser was rude and condescending. I would like to think that if I buy a vehicle with air bags that they would work if I needed them. I do not feel the least bit safe with the thought of having to drive around in this vehicle especially with my children.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I engaged the 4 wheel drive on my 05 Jeep Liberty Sport edition, which is an automatic, and now, while in 2 Hi, the "Part Time" indicator light is on, albeit the vehicle is obviously in 2 wheel drive, I can tell it is no longer in 4 Hi or 4 Lo. And when I engage 4 Hi or 4 Lo, the indicator turns off.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Is it the Powertrain Control Module? Is it the Transfer Case Position Sensor, or harness? And can I work on it from underneath the vehicle? I have done my research both locally and online, and I have found multiple forums with patrons posing the same problem I have.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2012

I bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty (used) with 30,000 miles on it. The first year, I had to replace the transfer case. Next came the PCM computer, not counting the endless times I had to replace so many sensors. I live in the city where these jeeps are built. I will never buy another Chrysler product.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2012

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander. Everything from leaking grab bars to the brake system is broken. The door handles busted out. The grab bars leak every time it rains or you wash the car. You can be driving and all the dash lights come on but it has died while driving on interstate 75 at 70mph. stalls at lights, stop signs, esp. bas lights come on. The smell from the wet carpet and floor when it leaks is unbearable. When questioned the dealer about mold, the response was no way this car is built to last and withstand the wet. Dealer had the vehicle from Sept 14 to Jan 7 and only replaced door handles at my cost. This car is a safety hazard and I am afraid to drive it. It only has 67k miles on it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2012

How many people have to report that Jeep products have engines that are defective and are ruined by the valve seat dropping?! We just spent $4000.00 on a 2002 Liberty and the dealership said, "Hey we fixed those valves in the new one." Well how does that help all of us that got stuck with the old engine? The rings were made with powdered metal that ends up shattering. Please look into how often this happens. Jeep should reimburse people.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

I am writing seeking help. I have failed to receive any acceptable resolution to my problem. Please see below my submission to the NHTSA. Please contact me at any time so we can reach a quick and mutual resolution.

The rear window regulators in the 06 Jeep Liberty are failing at an alarming rate. Ours has had both break once and the drives side twice now. I have contacted Jeep with my frustrations with zero help. There are countless claims online, with friends, acquaintances, and even my local jeep dealer (Easton, MD) that all support that this is not an isolated issue.

I have again been told that there will be no recall because this is not a safety issue. I disagree strongly! When driving down the highway and the window regulator fails, the window drops. What happens if there is something leaning up against the window, a child in that seat, a pet? The risks are huge to the safety of the vehicle occupants and others on the road should something fall out.

The other thing that is very alarming is that everything is beginning to present itself at a similar time for the vehicles showing signs of the problem. Jeep claims it is due to plastic parts failing due to not enough use? This makes no sense. The rear window has no support and falls inside the window. It is currently held up with packing tape.

To support my claim that this is an issue affecting a large number of people and clearly not an isolated issue, please see the web sites listed below.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2012

2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7L: Both rear windows fall down. The regulator goes out. I spoke to several mechanics. It happens all the time to 2005-2006 and 2007's. This is not a recall item on Jeep’s website. On Jeep forum, one consumer said "Bad regulator, not a safety issue, so no recall.” If this is what Jeep/Chrysler told him/them, this is just wrong. Why would they put a lock on the rear window and a child safety lock on the rear door if not for "safety"? There are hundreds of forums with thousands of complaints about the Jeep rear window regulators. Jeep should have a recall notice for these vehicles. And if they will not repair, at least they should permanently fix so that they do not operate and just stay up.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

Jeep Liberty 2004. After replacing a battery a week ago, I had a stall problem. I mentioned the battery because of a noise I heard before it died that I did not take much noise in but relates to the stall I had this week. I was coming home from work in congested traffic and started hearing a "whirring" noise. I heard it several times and noticed it was coming from my dash. This is also when I noticed the dash lights (radio and odometer lights were flickering). I also noticed a slight lose of power. As I came up to a light and stopped, the Jeep stalled. I quickly pushed the hazard lights, put it in park and restarted it. No problems since. I am concerned about driving it. What if I had been driving and not stopping at a light? I was in bumper to bumper traffic.

Jeep Company Information