Jasper Engines and Transmissions

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper Engines and Transmissions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Had a Jasper replacement engine in a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban and it failed just outside of the warranty time frame, but not even close to the mileage limit. Jasper did not warranty, but instead offered a discounted replacement engine at a reduced price, but with no warranty. The 2nd Jasper engine failed in under $15k miles. They refused to help on the replacement or with any parts. Terrible product. I highly recommend that you find another solution. We purchased through them because of their reputation, but as I've dug deeper I've found that their product and customer service have taken a sharp nose dive. DO NOT BUY A JASPER ENGINE.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

This company sucks. First they tell you a story that they have your parts in stock until they charge you and then they call you to let you know that your parts are not available and that your parts are going to be deliver in weeks while you sold the job and gave the customer a timeframe... Very embarrassing for shops due to negligence of Jasper. The worst part is you have to wait 3-7 business days to get your money back. Very bad business.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Crap product. To spend over 5 k on a diesel motor and have all the oil changes, regular service and get 30k miles off the motor before it blows up is embarrassing. This company is an embarrassment. I will never go to any shop that Carries their sub par product.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Got a Rear Differential for a 2002 Explorer installed. After 5 months the differential started making noise while driving. Called Jasper and Tom recommended to do a Drain and Fill of the differential and add friction modifier and drive for week to see if noise goes away. The noise did not, and Jasper agreed to warranty out the differential and sent a new one. They declined labor warranty according to Tom stating they boil tested the fluid and it had water in it??? After asking how they thought water got in it, Tom stated it could have been through a breather tube? If that was the case, then it's their design issue and this differential is a carrier style with no breathers? After another phone call back, they still denied labor coverage stating water in the brand-new fluid!!!

A month after the differential was warranted it started throwing fluid from the pinion seal and that had to be warrantied also!!!! After decades of using their products which they don't make anything for current vehicles, they don't stand behind their product and their products are made very poorly!!! I will not recommend their products or poor customer service to anyone anymore!!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We are a small shop that has purchased a motor from Jasper Engines and it was junk and had used oil in it. Then to top it off, the salesman in the area started saying negative things about our shop that were absolutely not true. Jasper Engines sell complete junk and their salesmen are terrible to slander another business. Would never recommend them and only to stay away from a company like this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Jasper does not honor their warranty. I had to have my turbocharger replaced on my diesel truck about a year ago. My regular mechanic was doing a routine check and found the turbine blades were breaking apart. The mechanic is someone that I have trusted for 10 years so called Jasper concerning the warranty. Basically, without even requesting for the turbocharger to be sent to them for future investigation, is blaming the damage on everything except the turbo. According to my mechanic there is no other reason for the turbo charger damage is that Jasper did a very poor rebuild and sold a faulty part. I don't drive this vehicle much so there is maybe 600 miles on this "new" faulty turbocharger.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Replaced the engine the engine in January 2017. December 2020 and a cylinder blew. I'm retired and no longer drive that much. The new engine had less than 12 thousand miles on it. I realize that, technically, the warranty, 100,000 miles or 36 months, had expired, but come on. The oil was changed every 1000 miles. If Jasper engines are so wonderful, why did this happen? I am not impressed. I will not recommend Jasper Engines in future.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I had the engine replaced on my 2010 Ford Ranger with a Jasper Engine - before warranty ran out the engine failed by having poor parts built in the engine. In March 2020 a replacement engine was put in - I had to pay all the labor to get the old engine out and a new engine put in. The truck was not driven due to the Covid Pandemic and I didn't leave the house. Since then I have put on just over 4,000 miles and the engine died 4 days ago and I was stranded. I had the car towed to Hals Auto Repair where the engine was put in.

Now Jasper is saying I have to pay $2,000 for a new engine and have to pay the labor again to take out the bad engine and to have the new engine put in. With having now 2 bad engines and thousands of dollars spent already on their BAD products!!! Their supply chain parts are simply horrible and CANNOT be trusted. They won't stand behind their products and scam you to get more money. Their parts come from China and are bad!!!! They do not take care of customer problems. I have driven just over 4,000 miles on this new engine and it should not fail.

Jasmin Engines and Transmissions want $2,000 dollars for them to ship a new engine. They will not replace my engine unless I pay them $2,000 for a new engine then I have to pay labor again to install it. This is criminal what they are doing to hardworking people. I am a widow and need my car to go to work and now I am stuck. Jasper holds no accountable for the bad engines they put into cars. The Car Repair place without a doubt told me the engine was bad that they received that this should NOT have happened.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

In 6/6/2019, I bought a remanufactured motor from Jasper Engines and Transmission to replace the one that had failed. I got the extra insurance on rental car and mechanic labor cost. First motor ran a bit rough and within 20,000 miles was using almost 2 quarts per 5000 mile oil change. Upon testing, I had multiple cylinders that failed cylinder pressure test. Jasper agreed to replace motor. I got a new motor and check engine light started coming on. I assumed it was due to all oil that got into the catalyst since it was a Catalyst error.

After a few weeks light went out, it did not return for 5 more months. During this time, I noticed that this motor was using oil at around 2 quarts per oil change, but this motor had been smooth. Again, Jasper upon proof of issue decided to replace the motor. The new motor has already kicked on check engine light. I installed a new catalyst with the new motor, but this time it is knock sensor code. It came on and off twice and this second motor idles rough. I am on the 3rd motor in about 42,000 miles. This is exhausting and ridiculous. I don't believe that Jasper can produce a quality motor product that will go in excess of 100,000 miles. My last used motor lasted roughly 220,000 miles and was 1/2 costs with no oil usage. Where is the value and how can a consumer believe in their product.

Original review: June 10, 2020

The transmission in my 2002 Toyota Tundra was replaced by my mechanic in California with a Jasper transmission. It started to leak fluid after only 750 miles when I drove to Utah. I contacted Tom at Jasper who recommend a “Preferred Installer” in Bountiful, Utah. After the transmission was replaced with a new transmission from Jasper I was charged an additional $200. The difference between what the installers charge and what Jasper will pay. When I contacted Tom about how I how to get reimbursed he informed me that that’s all the warranty covers. So to be clear, I paid Jasper $1,600 for a new transmission that failed in less than 1,000 miles and I’m on the hook for getting it replaced!

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information