Jack Ingram Motors

Montgomery, AL

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

2005 with 65000 miles passat wagon gti 1.8 had sludge in the engine that cost me 800.00 what recourse do i have

September 13, 2005

On September 14, I am going to have to take my Nissan Altima back to Jack Ingram Nissan to have it serviced. My engine light is on again. I am truly sick on this car. It only has 28,000 miles on it. This is ridiculous

August 23, 2005

Tomorrow I will have to catch another ride to work on the van from Jack Ingram Nissan. This is about the fifth time that I have been dropped off in the past several months. I originally purchased the car July 31, 2004. It is a 2005 Nissan Altima, and the VIN number is 1N4AL11D45C224046.

In November 2004, the engine light came on. It stayed on over the weekend. By the following Monday, it had gone off. I called Jack Ingram (where I purchased it from) and told them the situation. They told me that there was nothing that they could do if the service engine soon light was no longer on. So, I did nothing.

A couple of weeks later, my boyfriend is driving (I am in the passenger seat) at a reasonable speed of 55 mph. THE CAR SHUTS OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSTATE. While moving, he tries to crank the car up. Nothing happens. We end up easing onto the shoulder, so that we would not get hit. After we stopped, we sat on the side of the interstate for about five minutes to give the car a cool down. It cranked right up, and we drove on home.

About a week later, the engine light comes on but goes off after a couple of hours.

Then in March, my eight month old car has a transmission problem. I think this is ridiculous. I have a brand new car with a bad transmission. At five miles per hour, the transmission was jerking heavily. I live in the city, imagine how dangerous it is to be driving down the main Blvd/Bypass with on average stop light every .5 to 1 mile for the transmission to be shifting heavily like the car is going to cut off. This is also aggravating and unacceptable. What if the car had jerked with someone coming full speed behind me, and I got rear ended. I understand things happen, but I am driving a brand new car an 05. Jack Ingram Service tells me that solenoids are bad. I do not know what this means, but it does not sound good for a car with less than 20,000 miles.

June 2005, my locks quit working. I had not wasted anything in them. I take the car in for service. I leave the car for an entire day. When I pick up the car, the servicemen tell me that they had to order a part. OK whatever! When I get ready to sign my paperwork, it says that the servicemen could not identify the problem. I think out loud, what are these people talking about? They saw that the locks were not working. OK whatever! So, I get in the car thinking they will call me when the part comes in, but the locks are now working. I push lock and unlock, and they work accordingly. Check this out -- the problem was not identified, but it is fixed. The part was never ordered or put on my car. They clearly mislead me.

So its the Fourth of July (and this one is my fault and due to poor design too), I am driving out of my parents driveway trying to make sure that I do not scrap the side of my car on the brick siding of the house. I am looking IN the mirror and not AT the mirror. Needless to say, I knocked the mirror off of the car. Why do these cars not have retractable mirrors? It is a 2005 for God sakes. 1995 Chevrolets have them. I thought this was a standard feature on all automobiles until I needed this feature, and I did not have it. If I had known or paid attention to this in July, I probably would have considered purchasing a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry. Do not get me wrong the Altima is a much prettier car, and that is why I purchased it. I sure did not think that I would have had this much trouble.

So by now, I should have experienced enough mishaps, but that is not the end. Earlier this month, my engine light comes back on. I am over 100 miles away at my parents home, and heading home. Its dark, pouring down raining, I have no mirror. Now, my engine light comes on. Im praying that the car does not cut off.

So, I call in Monday morning to make an appointment. The light stays on long enough to make it to the service department. It takes all day long, but I got dropped off to work by the van. I am semi-satisfied. Then I realize it is 3:45, and I have not received a call on the status of my car. I call them. They tell me that they are finished, and that I can come and get the car. They tell me that I have missed the last pick up for the day. By now I am ******. How am I supposed to get my car? Well they got in touch with the van driver, and I get picked up around 4:30.

I had to take an entire annual hour (waste of 30 minutes), because I have to go pick up my car. No one explained the engine light issue to me. They just said that they had to order a part and gave me the keys. I am hot. My car sat there all day, and they could not fix it. I understand that sometimes parts arent on hand, but the process was very inconsiderate. Seems like they could have contacted me earlier, since they could not fix it, and I would have been able to find a ride earlier instead of waiting until the last minute.

A couple of days later, I think that it would be a great idea to call and get the details of why the engine light is on. He tells me that an air-fuel sensor is out. OK, this makes no sense to me, but whatever. So, I ask the guy if they will call me and tell me when the part comes in. He says they will either call or mail a letter. A week later, no call no letter. I end up calling them. The part has arrived. There is no telling when or if they were going to call me.

It certainly did not seem like a priority of Nissan. People should do what they say that are going to do especially when the purchases of your cars pay salaries and helps fund your institutions operations. My satisfaction (which is quite low) decides whether or not I recommend Nissans products to others, and right now, I would not. I have nothing good to say about Nissan AT ALL!

So, I take the car to have the sensor put on. Again, I have to take off work. This is very inconvenient. I purchased a new car so I would not have to deal with the problems or an old car. I figured that I would have fewer problems. Boy was I wrong. Keep in mind; I have never missed an oil change, tire rotation, car note or insurance payment. I have to have personal transportation. That was Thursday, August 18. The car gets fixed. I THOUGHT!

Saturday, August 20, I am riding down the interstate at 65 mph. The engine light comes back on. So, guess what! I have to take off work again to get my unreliable car serviced AGAIN. I am convinced that the servicemen will do some more patch work that will satisfy me temporarily. Maybe a week. Maybe a month.

I am highly dissatisfied with my purchase and choice of an Altima. One of my friends warned me, but I stepped out on faith. I thought my experience would be different. The car is indeed pretty but not worth the hassle. Guess what else Nissanthe word is out. Nissan products are lemons. I will never pur

1. On 14 Feb 04, I took my 2002 Nissan Xterra (27000 miles and under warranty) to receive a professional detailing at a local car wash in Montgomery, AL. While there, I requested to have the engine compartment cleaned and the management requested I sign a statement waiving them from any responsibility for damaging any systems under the hood. I signed the waiver and the procedure was performed as requested.

2. Three days later, my SERVICE ENGINE SOON light illuminated. On 20 Feb 2004, I took my Xterra to Jack Ingram Motors Inc. 227 Eastern Bypass, Montgomery, AL, 36124. I was asked by Cal, Service Manager, if I recently had the engine compartment cleaned. I stated I did. He informed me the engine compartment on Nissan Xterras cannot be pressure washed and a message had come out stating such. He also informed me Jack Ingram Motors Inc. had to order their detailing department to stop cleaning the engine compartments as the company had spent over $4000 in fixing the error. After this discussion, he informed me the maintenance and labor required to fix the problem. The total cost of repairs --over $1900. Not covered by warranty.

3. After returning home, I reviewed my owners manual. Section 7, Appearance and Care, cover cleaning requirements, cautions, and warnings. NOWHERE IN SECTION 7 EXPRESSES OR IMPLIES ENGINE COMPARTMENT CLEANING CAN DAMAGE ENGINE COMPONENTS. Section 8, Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself, (42 pages) also has NO warning or caution regarding the engine compartment.

4. Regarding the message from Nissan on this subject mentioned in Paragraph 3, I never received a message from Nissan stating engine compartment cleaning is NOT recommended. Of note, I am contacted by Nissan (NMAC)every month at my home address with my car loan bill, loan information, as well as current Nissan information.

I purchased my Nissan Xterra 2000 SE 4wd brand new and I have been very disappointed with the vehicle. I felt like maybe I just got a lemon but after further research I have discovered that many other people are experiencing the same problems. The weather striping is coming off & the striping above the top windshield constantly has to be put back into place.

My A/C went out in 2 years and after a complete replacement of my A/C system I was told that the switch panel on the inside was accuatly the problem. I have also had the problem of gas splash back and over-run as other people have mentioned. There is a continous vibration in the vehicle and I have taken the vehicle to a very trusted mechanic to have it realiagned & have basicly been told that the problem cannot be fixed. And, I would like to note for the record that although this is a 4wd vehicle it has never been off road or engaged in 4wd. I am an older female driver and have never abused this vehicle in any way to cause such problems.

Now basicly the vibration in vehicle has ruined my tires. I am also very disgusted at Nissan for flooding the market with Xterras and basicly taking all the value out of them. I have waited and waited for the new Xterra to appear but Nissan is holding the new model and now my vehicle is basicly worthless for a trade-in ever teenager in town has one.

I rolled my driver's side window down on my 2001 Jetta and it would not roll back up. I took it to a shop and the mechanic immediately diagnosed the problem as a bad regulator. He said the part is back ordered due to such high demand as many Jettas are having the same problem. Everyone I have talked to in the Volkswagen service and sales business has stated that this is a problem that should be a recall, but as yet Volswagen will not take responsibility. I have heard that there are others out there that have had this to happen to them more than once.

I would gladly cooperate in a class action suit if one should be filed. This is very unfair to people who struggle everyday to make ends meet. Thanks for caring enough to help or at least to try.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?