2.7/5 (44 ratings)

About Infinite Auto Protection

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties for used vehicles. The company has three levels of warranty coverage: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three plans also come with additional benefits, including towing, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, jump-starts and rental car reimbursement. Infinite Auto Protection also guarantees full payment of covered repairs minus your deductible.

Pros

• Covers older cars
  • Use any repair facility
  • Direct dealer

Cons

• Weak trip interruption reimbursement
  • Little variation among plans

Bottom Line

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties directly. Although its coverage isn’t the most customizable, the ease of dealing with a direct dealer makes Infinite Auto Protection a good choice.

Top Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very nice and accommodating to answer all my questions and inquiries that I had. Very patient - cost was reasonable. Did not have to wait to get car in and serviced. From the begi...

Verified

This company is outstanding, I used the policy several months after I purchased it and the cost of repairs almost covered the cost of the policy. I also bought another policy for ...

Infinite Auto Protection cost

Although extended auto warranty prices vary based on the year, make, model and mileage of a car, expect an Infinite Auto Protection extended warranty to cost about 3 cents per mile of coverage. In return, Infinite Auto Protection covers 100% of the cost of covered repairs, minus your deductible, which is usually $100.

The best way to get an accurate price for an extended auto warranty is to call or request a quote. Sample contracts are also available on the Infinite Auto Protection website.

On some Infinite Auto Protection contracts, full payment is required upfront. However, this usually earns you a discount, and monthly payment plans are available in many cases if you prefer not to pay upfront.

If you decide you don’t want your extended auto warranty, you can get your money back thanks to the company’s 30-day guarantee. However, this only applies if you haven’t made any claims.

Infinite Auto Protection plans

Infinite Auto Protection offers three extended auto warranty plans: Foundation, Modern and Prime. The Foundation and Modern plans are fairly similar, but the Prime plan significantly increases your overall coverage.

Foundation
The Foundation plan covers eight categories of repairs:
Modern
The Modern plan covers everything the Foundation plan does and adds coverage for steering components:
  • Steering
Prime
The Prime plan covers fifteen categories in total, including several high-tech features, like sunroof motors, power antennas and ambient temperature sensors. A comprehensive list is included on Infinite Auto Protection’s website.
  • Steering
  • Super/turbocharger
  • Fuel system
  • Heater and AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • ABS
  • High-tech parts

Infinite Auto Protection coverage

Infinite Auto Protection is a direct dealer of extended auto warranties, while most extended auto warranty companies only serve as brokers. One upside of working with a direct dealer is that there is no intermediary between you and your warranty provider. This can save you money and make it easier to ask questions or file a dispute.

Infinite Auto Protection pays for repairs made at licensed dealerships and repair facilities. There also isn’t a specific network you must stick to in order for Infinite Auto Protection to honor your claim.

Infinite Auto Protection can cover cars with up to 140,000 miles, but coverage is not available in Washington, Nevada, Missouri or Hawaii.

Every Infinite Auto Protection warranty also includes:

• Courtesy towing
  • 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Trip interruption reimbursement

Infinite Auto Protection’s rental car reimbursement is $35 a day for up to six days. Its trip interruption reimbursement is $150, which is lower than what some other extended auto warranty companies offer.

Infinite Auto Protection FAQ

Where is Infinite Auto Protection available?
The company’s extended auto warranty coverage is available in all states except Washington, Hawaii, Missouri and Nevada.
How many warranties does Infinite Auto Protection offer?
Infinite Auto Protection offers three warranty plans: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three cover a range of components, including your vehicle’s engine and transmission. Each plan also comes with additional benefits, such as rental car reimbursement and towing.
Can I cancel my warranty with Infinite Auto Protection?
Yes, you can cancel your plan within 30 days of coverage for a full refund. However, you must not have filed a claim within this period. If you have filed a claim, you’ll need to pay a cancellation fee plus a prorated amount of your warranty price.

Is Infinite Auto Protection worth it?

Infinite Auto Protection is a good choice for extended auto warranties. The average price of its plans is fair and comparable to those of competitors. Direct dealers like Infinite Auto Protection are also typically easier to work with than brokers. Although its plans don't offer a wide array of coverages, Infinite Auto Protection’s Prime plan is a comprehensive choice that covers high-tech features. Last of all, its coverage for cars with up to 140,000 miles makes the company a solid choice if you want to cover an older car.

Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infinite Auto Protection?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

You can independently set the parameters of your car insurance on the company's website. Good rates for insurance. It is easy to promptly communicate with the insurance company compilers. The website has a convenient chat room for communication. The insurance company made a discount for the second year of insurance.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have had this plan for over 3 years now and I just put in my first claim and I was very impressed by how quickly they handled the claim. They approved the claim within just a few hours and got the shop paid the same day. Definitely recommend.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I have always had a really good experience when call Infinite Auto. They were very honest and upfront and answered all my questions. It also appears that they are very highly rated across the board after a lot of research. A+ with the Better Business Bureau was enough for me.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I had an issue with my alternator and some other things so I took my car into the dealership. And I was very impressed with how quick and easy they handled the claim. Even the dealership said they were very impressed with how they handled the claim. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

This was my first time getting a warranty on my car and was pretty happy by what the warranty covers and they really went through all my options with me getting me a great deal. I looked at several companies before making my choice. A lot of companies do not have good BBB ratings so I went with Infinite.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I contacted the city of Romulus MI and they do not have a Business License or ever had a business license to operate. They are not a member of the BBB. Do not do business with this company, they will not answer any of their phones anymore...

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Lied about coverage. Extremely rude service on the phone. Did not pay for repairs and parts that were listed as covered in a contract. Dropped phone several times during conversation, refused to connect to underwriter.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Sold my car in April 2021, submitted my mileage and all required information and since then they have held up my refund. Each month I call I'm given the same script.. They have my info, it's processed, it's with the billing dept., that's another entity, they can't give me the billing number, a manager will call me; no one has ever returned my call. After waiting over an hour each month to speak to someone same and receive the same script, they always hang up on my face when I won't accept the repeating update. Horrible organization. Liars. They cover absolutely nothing. There so many clause when you need to use it. Several horrible customers service. It a big scam.

Original review: July 6, 2021

This is the worst, most fraudulent business EVER. The 1st time we even attempted a claim they say it's a pre-existing condition, on brakes? I don't think so. They find a way to slither out of claims. And then, trying to contact them, they hide from phone call and emails. In fact if you try to call them, you won't be able to get through AT All. And to fax, their fax line will be busy. And forget email, they just won't respond. We will be taking them to small claims court.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have placed 3 claims with Infinite after paying $4000 for a 4-year 40,000 mile plan. They took over three days to reply to my first claim, of course they denied it. 2nd claim denied almost all of it and said I cancelled my contract after discussing cancel policy. Again start to finish over 4 days for Infinite to respond. Third claim they refused based on my not fixing a minor non-functional issue from previous claim, These guys are a scam and if I could give zero stars I would. The only way anybody has given the 5 stars is it is the people working at the company. Worst decision I ever made. I requested a refund, don't expect to ever see a dollar. Please stay away. Stay away. Stay away.

Infinite Auto Protection Company Information