3.8/5 (152 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Infinite Auto Protection

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties for used vehicles. The company has three levels of warranty coverage: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three plans also come with additional benefits, including towing, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, jump-starts and rental car reimbursement. Infinite Auto Protection also guarantees full payment of covered repairs minus your deductible.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Covers older cars
    • Use any repair facility
    • Direct dealer

Cons

• Weak trip interruption reimbursement
    • Little variation among plans

Bottom Line

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties directly. Although its coverage isn’t the most customizable, the ease of dealing with a direct dealer makes Infinite Auto Protection a good choice.

Top Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very nice and accommodating to answer all my questions and inquiries that I had. Very patient - cost was reasonable. Did not have to wait to get car in and serviced. From the begi...

Verified

This company is outstanding, I used the policy several months after I purchased it and the cost of repairs almost covered the cost of the policy. I also bought another policy for ...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Infinite Auto Protection cost

Although extended auto warranty prices vary based on the year, make, model and mileage of a car, expect an Infinite Auto Protection extended warranty to cost about 3 cents per mile of coverage. In return, Infinite Auto Protection covers 100% of the cost of covered repairs, minus your deductible, which is usually $100.

The best way to get an accurate price for an extended auto warranty is to call or request a quote. Sample contracts are also available on the Infinite Auto Protection website.

On some Infinite Auto Protection contracts, full payment is required upfront. However, this usually earns you a discount, and monthly payment plans are available in many cases if you prefer not to pay upfront.

If you decide you don’t want your extended auto warranty, you can get your money back thanks to the company’s 30-day guarantee. However, this only applies if you haven’t made any claims.

Infinite Auto Protection plans

Infinite Auto Protection offers three extended auto warranty plans: Foundation, Modern and Prime. The Foundation and Modern plans are fairly similar, but the Prime plan significantly increases your overall coverage.

Foundation
    The Foundation plan covers eight categories of repairs:
    Modern
    The Modern plan covers everything the Foundation plan does and adds coverage for steering components:
    • Steering
    Prime
    The Prime plan covers fifteen categories in total, including several high-tech features, like sunroof motors, power antennas and ambient temperature sensors. A comprehensive list is included on Infinite Auto Protection’s website.
    • Steering
    • Super/turbocharger
    • Fuel system
    • Heater and AC
    • Front/rear suspension
    • ABS
    • High-tech parts

Infinite Auto Protection coverage

Infinite Auto Protection is a direct dealer of extended auto warranties, while most extended auto warranty companies only serve as brokers. One upside of working with a direct dealer is that there is no intermediary between you and your warranty provider. This can save you money and make it easier to ask questions or file a dispute.

Infinite Auto Protection pays for repairs made at licensed dealerships and repair facilities. There also isn’t a specific network you must stick to in order for Infinite Auto Protection to honor your claim.

Infinite Auto Protection can cover cars with up to 140,000 miles, but coverage is not available in Washington, Nevada, Missouri or Hawaii.

Every Infinite Auto Protection warranty also includes:

• Courtesy towing
    • 24/7 roadside assistance
    • Rental car reimbursement
    • Trip interruption reimbursement

Infinite Auto Protection’s rental car reimbursement is $35 a day for up to six days. Its trip interruption reimbursement is $150, which is lower than what some other extended auto warranty companies offer.

Infinite Auto Protection FAQ

Where is Infinite Auto Protection available?
    The company’s extended auto warranty coverage is available in all states except Washington, Hawaii, Missouri and Nevada.
    How many warranties does Infinite Auto Protection offer?
    Infinite Auto Protection offers three warranty plans: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three cover a range of components, including your vehicle’s engine and transmission. Each plan also comes with additional benefits, such as rental car reimbursement and towing.
    Can I cancel my warranty with Infinite Auto Protection?
    Yes, you can cancel your plan within 30 days of coverage for a full refund. However, you must not have filed a claim within this period. If you have filed a claim, you’ll need to pay a cancellation fee plus a prorated amount of your warranty price.

Is Infinite Auto Protection worth it?

Infinite Auto Protection is a good choice for extended auto warranties. The average price of its plans is fair and comparable to those of competitors. Direct dealers like Infinite Auto Protection are also typically easier to work with than brokers. Although its plans don't offer a wide array of coverages, Infinite Auto Protection’s Prime plan is a comprehensive choice that covers high-tech features. Last of all, its coverage for cars with up to 140,000 miles makes the company a solid choice if you want to cover an older car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infinite Auto Protection?

Original review: June 8, 2022

A total FRAUD! I don't know where the other rating came from, they must be all fake! They never want to pay anything, they either never pick up the phone or hang up on you! I and the repair shop called them more than 20 times! They pretend they file a claim number first and then disappear! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use them! They are thief!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I had a mechanical issue with my car. I called to put in a claim and they hung up every time. No one ever answers the phone. I purchased the warranty a few years ago and did not need it until now. They are a scam.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After reviewing several companies and extended warranty plans I called Infinite Auto. Within a year I sold my car and called to have my policy transferred to the new car but it was too old. I received signed documentation of the prorated refund I was to receive. That was a year ago. Filed complaints with BBB and Office of the Attorney General. No communication from Company to either or to me. Disgraceful.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The ConsumerAffairs rating is wrong. PLEASE do not buy from this company as they have NO INTENTION of paying out on a claim. They deny your claim for things that aren't even wrong with your car. My claim was denied for overheating, but there is NO overheating. I filed a so called appeal over the phone to be told the denial stands without ever even assessing the car or what the repair shop stated. They made their own assessment. The car is in no way overheating. I have filed 2 claims with them and they have denied both.

The customer service is horrid. For the few occasions that I have spoken to the same person, she is rude and gives very little information. You have no recourse to contact the business but the one phone number listed and ALL lines lead to the same person. They do not respond to emails or answer the phone. Also, the contract has exclusions that deny the claim for almost every reason a car would fail which makes all of your covered items uncoverable. It is more on the exclusions and what is not covered moreso than what they do cover. The contract and warranty is bogus all the way around. I hope this helps someone else from being duped out of $2000. Please save yourself the headache, DO NOT BUY anything from this company and beware of any positive reviews.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I hope this helps someone else. CA. has a Cease and Desist order for this company File number **, 25 people were listed on this with the California Department of Insurance. ** It just makes me sick so many have been scammed by them. Hundreds, maybe thousands, Think of the people that haven't tried to use the warranty only to find out they been scammed like I did. I purchased Oct 31st of 2019, didn't need to use it till last month. They have been playing a cat and mouse game of we tried to call the dealership, no one answered. The Dealership keeping a line open while waiting for them to come on for over an hour... hour and 45 min. only to be hung up on.

Think how much this so call company has scammed...it's not chump change....3500.00 x 3000 =10,500,000 that could be just an average amount scammed, 1800.00 x 3000 = 5,400,000 And we wonder why they are not paying out warranty work? Only 25 have been listed on the Cease and Desist order, so say an average. 3500.00x25=87,500.00??? Sadly I googled them before purchasing... seemed all on the up and up. Now getting deeper into this.

Wish I had a plane ticket to 10000 Wayne Road, suite Romulus MI, and a rental car... to hunt them down and confront them in person. I have gone as far as contacting the attorney...listed on the building in chance they would call me back. Sadly can't find too much information on the Opulent marketing company. Other than what is listed on the cease and desist. order. There is a few names listed and an attorney listed in NY, on the papers. Sadly more people I am sure that haven't tried to use their so call warranty yet will be finding all this out like I have in the last few weeks.

Meanwhile my automotive bill at dealership was over 3500.00 dollars. which Infinite Auto agree to pay me 579.16 which really should have been more. because what I had done was clearly listed on list of covered items. Upper control arms lower control arms and bushings seals ya... They said they would cover the bushings. I said and why not the control arms. They are listed, no explanation given? Then I am thinking well you can't get blood out of turnup. So 579.16 is better than nothing.

Vivi, the lady on the other end of phone said email invoices to claims@infiniteautoprotection. Nope don't work? With attachments, she did give me a fax number, so I faxed them. And got a confirmation number that it sent...plus I mailed copies to the 10000 Wayne Road suite 202 Romulus MI, 48174. So been trying to call them all day, after being on the phone for anywhere from 30 to 1.40 min, they hang up. I call back leave it going... She answered once said she couldn't hear me. Hung up. Someone needs to go knock on their door.... whomever lives in the area of Romulus... MI. Sad sad sad, how do these people sleep at night?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Do not pay for this service at this company. I think it’s a scam. I signed up for coverage and then happen to buy a new car so I didn’t need the service anymore and canceled the plan. I was told I would receive a prorated refund I have been waiting over five months and have not gotten anything. The Michigan Attorney General‘s office has said to me they’ve received quite a few complaints. Stay away from this company unless you want to go through the experience I’m going through now.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

We took out 2 car warranties a year ago. Found out they don't cover major repairs on our cars. Cancelled the policy June 2021. Still 'under consideration' for refund in November 2021- 5 months... worst company.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Consumer affairs Description is wrong!!! The car may go only to ASE garage. Parts may be purchase at cheapest internet prices. Infinite won’t account for the week delivery time. They won’t pay for the whole repair, only partial for ** reasons that are false. I purchase ZERO deductible. The garage informed me that 2 front axles on Lincoln will be $890 labor and material. Infinite only pays $ 460. But you have to get the cheapest internet part and wait for delivery. So out of pocket will be $430. Where is the ZERO deductible. And which garage shops on line with zero profit and warranty it? All extended warranty companies are #1 SCUM!!! You are welcome to check all others as well.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

0 Stars. June 2021: I canceled 2 Infinite Warranty policy coverages and provided mileage (photo of odometers) for prorated refund. October 2021: No response to emails or messages from Customer Service [CS]. Calls to CS tell me refund "is being Processed". Reading the other reviews here this is a clear pattern of delaying tactics via CS/not refunding monies owed by contract/not responding to Messages on site or emails to CS. The majority of reviews on the BBB site are also negative (same complaints as here) related to coverage & payments, the frustrations of cancellation and getting refunds. One reviewer states they investigated and they did not have a business license in Michigan. Stay Away. Consumer Affairs needs to address having this co. on this site.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have bought a warranty from them but by the time I needed their protection they refuse to follow their contract and wanted to use USED PART and only 2hrs labor and only up to $90/h. They never gave my money back as I have requested money back since I’ve never used their service but after 2 months still no response from them. Their phone number is always on hold or says outside of business hour when choose different options.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

Explore Infinite Auto Protection Reviews by Topic: