Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties for used vehicles. The company has three levels of warranty coverage: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three plans also come with additional benefits, including towing, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, jump-starts and rental car reimbursement. Infinite Auto Protection also guarantees full payment of covered repairs minus your deductible.

BOTTOM LINE

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties directly. Although its coverage isn’t the most customizable, the ease of dealing with a direct dealer makes Infinite Auto Protection a good choice.

PROS

• Covers older cars
  • Use any repair facility
  • Direct dealer

CONS

• Weak trip interruption reimbursement
  • Little variation among plans

Top Infinite Auto Protection Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infinite Auto Protection?

Very nice and accommodating to answer all my questions and inquiries that I had. Very patient - cost was reasonable. Did not have to wait to get car in and serviced. From the beginning to the end of experience am very satisfied.

This company is outstanding, I used the policy several months after I purchased it and the cost of repairs almost covered the cost of the policy. I also bought another policy for my mother which they gave me a really good deal on. Highly recommended!

Infinite Auto Protection Get Pricing

Infinite Auto Protection cost

Although extended auto warranty prices vary based on the year, make, model and mileage of a car, expect an Infinite Auto Protection extended warranty to cost about 3 cents per mile of coverage. In return, Infinite Auto Protection covers 100% of the cost of covered repairs, minus your deductible, which is usually $100.

The best way to get an accurate price for an extended auto warranty is to call or request a quote. Sample contracts are also available on the Infinite Auto Protection website.

On some Infinite Auto Protection contracts, full payment is required upfront. However, this usually earns you a discount, and monthly payment plans are available in many cases if you prefer not to pay upfront.

If you decide you don’t want your extended auto warranty, you can get your money back thanks to the company’s 30-day guarantee. However, this only applies if you haven’t made any claims.

Infinite Auto Protection plans

Infinite Auto Protection offers three extended auto warranty plans: Foundation, Modern and Prime. The Foundation and Modern plans are fairly similar, but the Prime plan significantly increases your overall coverage.

Foundation
The Foundation plan covers eight categories of repairs:
Modern
The Modern plan covers everything the Foundation plan does and adds coverage for steering components:
  • Steering
Prime
The Prime plan covers fifteen categories in total, including several high-tech features, like sunroof motors, power antennas and ambient temperature sensors. A comprehensive list is included on Infinite Auto Protection’s website.
  • Steering
  • Super/turbocharger
  • Fuel system
  • Heater and AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • ABS
  • High-tech parts

Infinite Auto Protection coverage

Infinite Auto Protection is a direct dealer of extended auto warranties, while most extended auto warranty companies only serve as brokers. One upside of working with a direct dealer is that there is no intermediary between you and your warranty provider. This can save you money and make it easier to ask questions or file a dispute.

Infinite Auto Protection pays for repairs made at licensed dealerships and repair facilities. There also isn’t a specific network you must stick to in order for Infinite Auto Protection to honor your claim.

Infinite Auto Protection can cover cars with up to 140,000 miles, but coverage is not available in Washington, Nevada, Missouri or Hawaii.

Every Infinite Auto Protection warranty also includes:

• Courtesy towing
  • 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Trip interruption reimbursement

Infinite Auto Protection’s rental car reimbursement is $35 a day for up to six days. Its trip interruption reimbursement is $150, which is lower than what some other extended auto warranty companies offer.

Infinite Auto Protection FAQ

Where is Infinite Auto Protection available?
The company’s extended auto warranty coverage is available in all states except Washington, Hawaii, Missouri and Nevada.
How many warranties does Infinite Auto Protection offer?
Infinite Auto Protection offers three warranty plans: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three cover a range of components, including your vehicle’s engine and transmission. Each plan also comes with additional benefits, such as rental car reimbursement and towing.
Can I cancel my warranty with Infinite Auto Protection?
Yes, you can cancel your plan within 30 days of coverage for a full refund. However, you must not have filed a claim within this period. If you have filed a claim, you’ll need to pay a cancellation fee plus a prorated amount of your warranty price.

Is Infinite Auto Protection worth it?

Infinite Auto Protection is a good choice for extended auto warranties. The average price of its plans is fair and comparable to those of competitors. Direct dealers like Infinite Auto Protection are also typically easier to work with than brokers. Although its plans don't offer a wide array of coverages, Infinite Auto Protection’s Prime plan is a comprehensive choice that covers high-tech features. Last of all, its coverage for cars with up to 140,000 miles makes the company a solid choice if you want to cover an older car.

Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infinite Auto Protection?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

This was my first time getting a warranty on my car and was pretty happy by what the warranty covers and they really went through all my options with me getting me a great deal. I looked at several companies before making my choice. A lot of companies do not have good BBB ratings so I went with Infinite.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Infinite is no joke. I went into the shop on Monday. They sent an inspector on Tuesday and got it approved early morning and I had my car back on Wednesday. Very smooth and easy process. Definitely, recommend to anyone who is looking for a warranty for their car. I liked how affordable the payment plan was and thank you again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had purchased a contract from Infinite a few months ago for my 2013 Audi S5 and got a 5 year plan with 60K miles. I just went to the dealership with my engine overheating and needed a new radiator and water pump which costed over $1600 they paid it upfront and in full, highly recommend. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 19, 2020

The coverage was almost identical to all the other companies but they provided me with a better deal. Be careful of the companies who keep dropping the price and have pushy sales tactics. I was with one of those companies before and they never paid for any repairs even though I had service records.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I recently purchased a used 2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 from a dealership which was out of warranty. The car had be thoroughly inspected by the dealer's service department to be in excellent condition with only 18,980 miles. After purchasing the car, I immediately had the windows tinted and ceramic coated. I have done this with all of my vehicles to ensure that they are in top-notch condition for as long as I own them.

Since I had never purchased a "used" vehicle out of warranty before, I was concerned about the possibility of driving the car off the lot and not have any protection whatsoever. So, like any good consumer, I quickly began doing my due diligence and started learning about "after market warranties" and "vehicle service contracts," etc. The top 3 rated companies did not even offer contracts for my vehicle. I saw IAP online, filled out a short questionnaire, and spoke with Cameron, a sales rep. Cameron was professional, personable, and patient on several different phone calls to not only explain their coverage plans for my vehicle but to answer all of my questions.

The prices quoted by 2 Maserati dealerships on a 4-year "bumper to bumper" warranty seemed to compare to the PRIME warranty/service contract offered by IAP. The price difference sounded just a little too good to be true. I'm still wondering how it's possible??? However, after contacting 1 of IAP's other competitors, I was impressed with IAP's claims process, where once you file a claim, they take care of everything. In the end, Cameron was able to give me what I think is a fair and equitable rate of $4,500 on a 5-year/75,000 mile contract. (I don't drive a lot of miles in a given year.)

Being one of those rare people who regularly maintains my vehicles and keeps all records and receipts, I hope and pray I never need to file a claim for as long as I plan to own the car, however, Cameron gave me an added level of confidence on my last phone call with him, so I pulled the trigger and my contract is on its way via e-mail and USPS. (I'm happy to know that I can cancel within 30 days if I discover any reason why I should not have made this choice.) Thank you again Cameron for your thoroughness and patience. If I have any issues, I'm happy to know that you're there; so you can't go anywhere for the next 5 years. :D

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I bought a warranty plan with bumper to bumper coverage on a very high end MBZ automobile, fully paid for. When I needed repairs, they did not respond promptly for days. When they responded, they gave conflicting information. Their rep first said they only have to send someone to the shop to verify the repairs and they will cover the repairs. They didn't tell me they had been to the shop. Then, about 2 weeks later, they sent me an email that they needed service records for the car. I sent them my own records. Then they said they wanted records for specific dates. I provided the records. They came back saying they found repair information in the public domain, and they wanted those records. Those were records from the dealer that sold me the car which has nothing to do with me.

The car has been serviced every time a check engine light comes up at MBZ dealerships which is documented in the same public information that they are saying they found information. I will not recommend that anyone buy their warranty. My car is still in the shop after 37 days. The car needs coil packs which has nothing to do with any prior maintenance. You spend hours on end trying to reach them. They all give conflicting information. The customer service has been very poor in my experience. They repeatedly ask for the same information that is already provided which they acknowledged receiving. They will not send you a written correspondence except generic email.

They told me after I called them that they also need a bill of sale record but they have no way of putting that in writing because their correspondence is boilerplate. They rely on their arbitration clause which says you have to give them 60 days to resolve your claim. How many people can afford to wait for 60 days to have their car fixed? I had to hire a lawyer at my cost and we are still waiting for 60 days for us to even demand arbitration and I am incurring costs for not being able to use my car.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased their plan in February 2020. On November 9th 2020 I had my car repaired. They authorized the payment and was suppose to reimburse me because I needed my car asap and paid for the repair upfront. Infinite told me to submit the invoice and receipt which I did. I called two weeks later and they said the reimbursement is being processed. I called 4 times in December and the beginning of January 2021 and was told the same. I called three times today and the call was disconnected instead of being answered. I am now escalating to the AG of California. All this for $97.00. No excuse. It doesn't take two almost three months to send $97.00

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021
    I’m here to discuss about this company that sells car warranty. Infinite Auto Protection is some scammers and fraud. I bought their service on November 13th. I got the letter and everything. I paid about $1,800 for their car warranty. Eventually, I had an issue with them. I called them. They basically gave me the turnaround, and couldn’t do what they told me they could do in their services. Then mid-March, we went into COVID-19. So, I decided to cancel the car warranty ‘cause it was over five years and certain amount of miles. So out of $1,837, I was supposed to get back 1,675. April 1st, I asked them to cancel. I got documentation, I showed them proof of my mileage, everything, to cancel. They asked me, “Hey, work with me. Due to COVID-19, we’ll get you your refund as soon as possible.” I said, “No worries. I understand it’s hard times. Less workers working. It’ll take time. No problem.” I called a couple of months later, saying, “Hey, what’s going on? Where’s my refund?” No refund. They’re saying it’s been pending. And again, I waited a little bit. I worked with them. I’ve been trying to email them. Called them again, I’ve been getting a lot of holds. Short story, October 27, 2020, I finally reached them again. They sent me another cancellation form, which I filled out October 27th, from April 1st of 2020. Today is January 28th, 2021, still no money. No word from them, no nothing, no refund. And I have [unclear 0:05:59] contract. I just don’t want to fly to their state and try to sue them because I’ll lose money. But please help me-- not help, but stay away from them, people. They’re horrible.
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

You can independently set the parameters of your car insurance on the company's website. Good rates for insurance. It is easy to promptly communicate with the insurance company compilers. The website has a convenient chat room for communication. The insurance company made a discount for the second year of insurance.

Infinite Auto Protection Company Information