Get Pricing

3.7/5 (67 ratings)

About Infinite Auto Protection

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties for used vehicles. The company has three levels of warranty coverage: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three plans also come with additional benefits, including towing, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, jump-starts and rental car reimbursement. Infinite Auto Protection also guarantees full payment of covered repairs minus your deductible.

Pros

• Covers older cars
    • Use any repair facility
    • Direct dealer

Cons

• Weak trip interruption reimbursement
    • Little variation among plans

Bottom Line

Infinite Auto Protection offers extended auto warranties directly. Although its coverage isn’t the most customizable, the ease of dealing with a direct dealer makes Infinite Auto Protection a good choice.

Top Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very nice and accommodating to answer all my questions and inquiries that I had. Very patient - cost was reasonable. Did not have to wait to get car in and serviced. From the begi...

Verified

This company is outstanding, I used the policy several months after I purchased it and the cost of repairs almost covered the cost of the policy. I also bought another policy for ...

Infinite Auto Protection cost

Although extended auto warranty prices vary based on the year, make, model and mileage of a car, expect an Infinite Auto Protection extended warranty to cost about 3 cents per mile of coverage. In return, Infinite Auto Protection covers 100% of the cost of covered repairs, minus your deductible, which is usually $100.

The best way to get an accurate price for an extended auto warranty is to call or request a quote. Sample contracts are also available on the Infinite Auto Protection website.

On some Infinite Auto Protection contracts, full payment is required upfront. However, this usually earns you a discount, and monthly payment plans are available in many cases if you prefer not to pay upfront.

If you decide you don’t want your extended auto warranty, you can get your money back thanks to the company’s 30-day guarantee. However, this only applies if you haven’t made any claims.

Infinite Auto Protection plans

Infinite Auto Protection offers three extended auto warranty plans: Foundation, Modern and Prime. The Foundation and Modern plans are fairly similar, but the Prime plan significantly increases your overall coverage.

Foundation
    The Foundation plan covers eight categories of repairs:
    Modern
    The Modern plan covers everything the Foundation plan does and adds coverage for steering components:
    • Steering
    Prime
    The Prime plan covers fifteen categories in total, including several high-tech features, like sunroof motors, power antennas and ambient temperature sensors. A comprehensive list is included on Infinite Auto Protection’s website.
    • Steering
    • Super/turbocharger
    • Fuel system
    • Heater and AC
    • Front/rear suspension
    • ABS
    • High-tech parts

Infinite Auto Protection coverage

Infinite Auto Protection is a direct dealer of extended auto warranties, while most extended auto warranty companies only serve as brokers. One upside of working with a direct dealer is that there is no intermediary between you and your warranty provider. This can save you money and make it easier to ask questions or file a dispute.

Infinite Auto Protection pays for repairs made at licensed dealerships and repair facilities. There also isn’t a specific network you must stick to in order for Infinite Auto Protection to honor your claim.

Infinite Auto Protection can cover cars with up to 140,000 miles, but coverage is not available in Washington, Nevada, Missouri or Hawaii.

Every Infinite Auto Protection warranty also includes:

• Courtesy towing
    • 24/7 roadside assistance
    • Rental car reimbursement
    • Trip interruption reimbursement

Infinite Auto Protection’s rental car reimbursement is $35 a day for up to six days. Its trip interruption reimbursement is $150, which is lower than what some other extended auto warranty companies offer.

Infinite Auto Protection FAQ

Where is Infinite Auto Protection available?
    The company’s extended auto warranty coverage is available in all states except Washington, Hawaii, Missouri and Nevada.
    How many warranties does Infinite Auto Protection offer?
    Infinite Auto Protection offers three warranty plans: Prime, Modern and Foundation. All three cover a range of components, including your vehicle’s engine and transmission. Each plan also comes with additional benefits, such as rental car reimbursement and towing.
    Can I cancel my warranty with Infinite Auto Protection?
    Yes, you can cancel your plan within 30 days of coverage for a full refund. However, you must not have filed a claim within this period. If you have filed a claim, you’ll need to pay a cancellation fee plus a prorated amount of your warranty price.

Is Infinite Auto Protection worth it?

Infinite Auto Protection is a good choice for extended auto warranties. The average price of its plans is fair and comparable to those of competitors. Direct dealers like Infinite Auto Protection are also typically easier to work with than brokers. Although its plans don't offer a wide array of coverages, Infinite Auto Protection’s Prime plan is a comprehensive choice that covers high-tech features. Last of all, its coverage for cars with up to 140,000 miles makes the company a solid choice if you want to cover an older car.

Infinite Auto Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infinite Auto Protection?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

This was my first time getting a warranty on my car and was pretty happy by what the warranty covers and they really went through all my options with me getting me a great deal. I looked at several companies before making my choice. A lot of companies do not have good BBB ratings so I went with Infinite.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have dealt with a lot of customer service agents in my life with being on hold for long periods at a time and not resolving my issues the way I see fit but Infinite made sure I was happy and all good to go before I hung up. Great job. Very very recommended.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Infinite is no joke. I went into the shop on Monday. They sent an inspector on Tuesday and got it approved early morning and I had my car back on Wednesday. Very smooth and easy process. Definitely, recommend to anyone who is looking for a warranty for their car. I liked how affordable the payment plan was and thank you again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I am very impressed with Infinite Auto. I had an issue with my Ram 1500 truck. I took it in, gave the adjuster my warranty and they dealt with infinite directly and did the work right away. All I had to do was pay my $100 deductible at the end. Thank you once again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had purchased a contract from Infinite a few months ago for my 2013 Audi S5 and got a 5 year plan with 60K miles. I just went to the dealership with my engine overheating and needed a new radiator and water pump which costed over $1600 they paid it upfront and in full, highly recommend. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have placed 3 claims with Infinite after paying $4000 for a 4-year 40,000 mile plan. They took over three days to reply to my first claim, of course they denied it. 2nd claim denied almost all of it and said I cancelled my contract after discussing cancel policy. Again start to finish over 4 days for Infinite to respond. Third claim they refused based on my not fixing a minor non-functional issue from previous claim, These guys are a scam and if I could give zero stars I would. The only way anybody has given the 5 stars is it is the people working at the company. Worst decision I ever made. I requested a refund, don't expect to ever see a dollar. Please stay away. Stay away. Stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Steer clear! I sold my vehicle and requested a refund from Infinite Auto Protection in October of 2020. It's now April 2021 and they have still not refunded my cancelled service contract. I signed a final refund document on Jan 12th, 2021 that clearly states "your refund will be issued in 12-14 business days". It's been 3 months since then and still NOTHING. I've called multiple times w/ someone from customer service telling me "it's due to COVID. You are in line to get a refund" every time. This is a lie. Surely someone in their accounting department could have refunded my money within 3 months. My guess is they will respond to this review with the same lie. I would definitely search for a different extended warranty company before giving these guys any business.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I purchased a used vehicle in September 2020 and purchased the Prime warranty. In March of 2021, I needed service. I obtained my claim number and took the vehicle to the dealer on 3/15/21. On 3/22, I received a call from Infinite where the agent told me my claim for gaskets is being denied. I asked about the ignition module, which is the reason I took the vehicle in for service. The agent, Viva, was rude, condescending, and argumentative and denied any knowledge of the ignition module issue despite their investigator going to the dealer to investigate the claims. She was so rude I asked her why she was arguing with me and to treat me with respect before she started to change her tone. I contacted the dealer and asked about the claim regarding the ignition module, and they said he would follow up with Infinite.

He called me back the following day to inform me Infinite had hung up on him several times. I called and asked about my claim. The person I spoke with informed me my claim was closed. I asked about the ignition module, which is a stated covered item in my contract. They reopened my claim on 3/23. They requested service records and I provided those the same day

I then received a call asking for my bill of sale the following day, which I provided. I was told they would have an answer for me by 3/26, but that didn't happen. I called and they said it was with the adjusters on 3/26 and they would call me once they had an answer. Monday came and went, then I called on Tuesday. “It's still pending,” they said.

On Wednesday, I called again and was told it was still with their adjusters and the status was pending. I asked for more information but was only told some claims take longer than others, which is understandable. But what information did they still need, and again, the same person I spoke with, there are only two that answer the phone, said the same thing again and "I don't know." I asked to escalate my claim to a manager. She placed me on hold and returned with "My supervisor is on the other line but can take a message and have him call you back." “Will he call me today,” I asked. "I don't know." Well, here we are without a call back from the supervisor after more than 27 hours after leaving a message for him and tomorrow completes three weeks without my car and I have no update. The dealer can’t obtain an answer from them either despite trying. You be the judge whether this is the type of company and service you want to pay for.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I am an advisor from a repair shop and am used to dealing with warranties of all kinds. I was attempting to get clarification on an item that, based on the customer's contract, was supposed to be covered. All calls are wired through "Matt" and the guy blatantly hung up on me 3 times. Customer is furious, and I am pretty surprised myself at the customer service. Not to mention for the price paid on this warranty, they cover diddly squat and take forever to send out inspectors that end up taking 2+ days to submit inspection reports. Worst extended warranty experience.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I purchased a 60 month prime warranty for $2000 paid in full. Sold my car only used 18 months of the warranty with no repair claims. When I called and sent my odometer reading. I was supposed to receive calculated refund within 10 to 14 days well it's been a month now. Called and send numerous emails they say the reason is the covid virus. If you read past reviews this company has a bad reputation of returning their refunds. Also had numerous complaints about repair claims they were supposed to cover. Company's a scam and has no respect for the customer. Til this day still waiting for my refund never going to see it. DON'T USE INFINITE FOR YOUR EXTENDED WARRANTY. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Infinite Auto Protection Company Information