2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I have a stock Honda Ruckus. It is a 49cc work horse. From ripping down to the store for beer to loading up the deck with firewood, and driving it into my backyard. I don't think it can be beat! I weigh 175lb and can hit 40mph. It may not be the fastest on the road but it does get the respect of the road. I run premium gas and keep the oil change and any other maintenance up to date. The only con, it does not like to start in the colder months. I was offer a trade for a 125 Kawasaki, NOT A CHANCE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I've been on Hondas since the late 60's, dirt, trail & blacktop versions. I've had other brands (primarily cruisers), but have been disappointed and have returned home to Honda. After playing in the dirt during my youth I graduated finally to the Wings. Got my first Wing in 1984 right out of the crate. Put over 250K on her and traded her in on a shiny new SEI in 1986. Kept the SEI in pristine condition until a moving company broke her during a military move & purchased a '95 anniversary edition, which I still have today. I've had hog riders tell me she isn't a "real" bike and I've told them that they are correct - she's a Cadillac convertible on 2 wheels.

Unlike an ultra glide I can be on her with my wife, all day long and at the end of a long day of 400+ miles I can still walk. Three cruisers, all with over 200K miles doing nothing more than typical scheduled maintenance or replacing small parts e.g., tires, brake pads etc. I've known several people that have well over a half-million miles on Wings and are still going strong - figure out how many V-twins you'd go through in that many miles. I've been thinking of trading in the '95 for another new bike, but really do Not like the most recent version of the Wing. I've been on the BMW cruiser and I've got to admit, it really has me thinking of changing. Thirty-five years of loyalty with Wings is hard to shake, but they (Honda) seem intent on taking one of their best lines (Goldwing) and making it into another sports bike. Buy a good used one if you can find one, you'll be very happy you did.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Owned a Harley full dresser for many years. It was fun to ride but maintenance was a bear, constantly repairing, tightening bolts, hard starting so finally parked it and bought a Honda. Rode the Honda for several years then parked it for lengthy time. Eventually pulled it out of the corner, charged the battery, put fuel in it and it took off on the second try. Very little maintenance needed and more than got my money's worth out of it. Eventually sold it moved to the mountains and took up riding horses.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I love Honda. I been riding on them since I was a teenager. I'm a lot older now and have rode different models. All are great. I have a lot of friends that ride Harleys and I love them too but My hondas are reliable. I ride mine alongside my Harley riders and go on toy runs, poker runs etc and Yes I'm cruising along on my golden wing. Love it. Comfort and never ever has it left me on the side of the road or never broke down. My harley rider buddies can't steal that? Lol. Just Saying!

Original review: March 10, 2020

Just bought a 2020 Honda Rtl Rideline. Love everything about it except there is a whistling wind noise coming in from the front windshield and door almost like your window is not closed all the way. Honda kept the vehicle for 3 days and could not find the problem. Contacted the area case manager and his answer was that there is nothing they could do because that is how the vehicle is made. Just because that is how the vehicle is made doesn't make it right. There is definitely a defect that is causing the noise to come into the vehicle while driving on the highway.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My 2019 Honda is at the dealership for a covered warranty repair and my parts to fix it are on back order so I should get a loaner car or rental in the meantime... Wrong! Honda’s policy no rental or loaner car even if the car is under warranty. So don’t buy from Honda! You will be screwed if your car has to stay for an extended period of time for a repair. Mine has been there for more than 30 days and I’m left with a rental car bill.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I bought 2018 Honda Accord about a month ago and it already had fuel injector problem! After I took it to a Honda dealership in Burnsville to fit it it stated to smell like gas in my vehicle after they fixed it. I took it back to them and they said, "Keep driving it because we don’t see any leaks." That’s where I went to back to the Brookdale Luther dealership to try and change the car out but they said it past the 5 day grace period. So they connected me with the service people to try and fix the problem but they told me to go back to Burnsville dealership because they're the ones who started the job and they have to finish it otherwise we going to have to charge just to look at it. I also got a extended warranty with Honda.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This is about Shellharbour City Motors Honda Dealership. ---They even don't know how to do a business--- Okay, on the phone they say car (Honda Civic) is only driven 500 kilometres and comes at $24000 with $500 accessories. They say they can consider bringing it down a bit if meet in person. They say the offer expires on 31st December.

When you go meet them, they said the car is 1500 kilometres instead of 500 kilometres. They say they cannot bring the price down (firm at $24000, which I think would be okay). But terrible manager says accessories will not be included. (even if the offer is valid until 31st December). If you go few days later, and ask for $24000, they said they cannot sell it at that price. They said they updated the price which is $24990. (wait...didn't you say that offer is valid until 31st December? and I'm making offer on 28th December.) Why wasting time of busy people if you cannot stick to your words and promises? This is enough, I am getting a good offer from Volkswagen and Kia who at least keep their promises.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I have owned the 2020 Honda Passport for 4 months. It has been in the shop more than I’ve had it, trouble with clunking in drivetrain when backing (not constantly). Previous pulling to the right issues, Break safety light issues, rattle in steering wheel, now stereo speakers on one side going out. Honda won’t back their product, won’t allow dealer to replace parts to try to get it resolved. I don’t trust this vehicle. So disappointed in Honda. Our last pilot lasted 193,000 miles and 13 years I loved it. I should’ve just kept it!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Updated on 11/17/2020: I'm not happy with Honda and customer service. They keep brushing me off and just saying, "Oh he has a case number." They don't do anything to fix the problem. I will never buy a car again from Honda. I'm not happy with Honda.

Original Review: I was shocked when my tire blew out on the road and I had no spare. I have to spend my time and lose of a day of work to wait for the tow truck to come to pick up the car and take to the tire place. And I have to spend money for a tow truck. That in itself is a rip-off. I will be filing a class-action lawsuit against Honda for the inconvenience and safety. Whoever had the same situation please contact me so you can be part of the lawsuit. **

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team