Hendrick Motors of Charlotte

Charlotte, NC

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was solicited by Hendrick Mercedes to come in for a Air Conditioning Check up. I scheduled an appointment to bring my truck in. When the check up was complete, I went to pick my truck up and the SRS light was on. I advised the service department that this light was not on when I brought the truck in and they insisted that it was. After speaking with several managers (including the district manager), Hendrick refused repair the SRS light.

On a road trip for a wedding in Pennsylvania from Atlanta on Friday May 20, 2011, my 2003 Mini Cooper began shaking violently about an hour outside of Charlotte, NC. The car was taken to Hendrick Mini dealership in Charlotte. The service technicians replaced the bushings, but advised that the car was still shaking during their test drive. The service techs stated that it may need a new axle, and if that did not fix the shaking, that it was probably the transmission (which had just been replaced by my local mechanic in Atlanta not more than three weeks prior). They said they would order an axle that would come in on Monday and that would hopefully fix the shaking. Hendrick did make rental car arrangements so that my boyfriend and I could continue to Pennsylvania and the car was left at the dealership over the weekend.

On Monday during the return trip, a service manager called us to advise that the new axle had come in, the service techs replaced it, but the car was still shaking. Therefore, in their opinion, the problem was with the newly replaced transmission. The service manager further claimed that since the car was still shaking, they removed the new axle, put the old axle back in and did not charge for either the part or the service.

They sold me a defective used car as new. It was a 2010 Hyundai Accent that got 17 mph, almost half of what it was supposed to get. I had to take the car in several times and constantly called to try to get it fixed to no success. My calls were rarely returned and they eventually decided it was a problem they did not intend to fix. When I called the manufacturer to complain, I was informed that the car I had purchased was in fact owned by at least one other person. When I called the dealer to tell them what I knew, after three weeks, they finally agreed to refund what they said was all the money and replace the car. I came down to purchase the new car from them and when I got home, it had a faulty GPS navigation system and they decided to steal the almost $600 I had paid in taxes and fees on the original car. They refused to return my calls, refund the money, or fix the problem with the GPS. This is the worst dealer I have been to .

I have lost at least $600 that they stole and I have had to drive back and forth between Columbia and Charleston and take time off from work to deal with this. Its been very stressful and I am a student and cannot afford to lose that money. No one deserves to be lied to and treated this way.

Paint has crows feet on hood and fenders 06 CIVIC ex.The dealer told us tough luck. Poor paint on all newer CIVIC's. Be careful when purchasing. Dealer will not warranty/cover anything and everything denied!

I purchased a new Mercedes S550 with a sticker price of $108,000. I drive only around town so speed is relatively low. I have 14,800 miles on my car and need 4 new tires. Based on my research on the internet, the Continental tires cannot support the weight of the S550. Then one day, I hit a manhole cover and the side of the tire blew out. I nearly had an accident. The cost of 4 new tires is approximately $2400.00 This is unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hendrick Motors of Charlotte?

Christopher of Boone NC (11/15/08)We had to have AAA tow it to Hickory because it wouldn't start up. Now they say its because of a computer chip for the security. To replace this will cost $3000 plus labor! The value of the car is hardly more than this in an 11 year old car with about 90K miles. It has been well taken care of and this is low mileage. What to do? I feel like I'm held hostage! No one but Mercedes is able to fix it.We had two cars and are now down to one with two working adults. To replace it for a decent gas efficient SUV will cost $10K-15K used.

Hendrick Motors of Charlotte Company Profile