2.61/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

383 Harley-Davidson Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 26, 2018

Since new, my 2017 road glide ultra has exhibited spark knock during full throttle acceleration, especially at higher RPMs (over 2500 RPM). I took it to the dealer and they simply said "could not duplicate". I have read several other accounts of this phenomenon on different online forums. Harley Davidson's "contact us" link on their web page doesn't work either. Can ConsumerAffairs help?

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have been looking for a great HD for over five years. The store owner sold it to me at a great price. He had just decided to sell it and this was the first day he had put in on the showroom floor. I know him well and he knows I will take great care of this great Harley Davidson. It has been well taken care of and garage kept, has low mileage and by far the prettiest HD I have ever owned. Everyone stares at it and smiles when I drive by. My best Harley friends and the guys I work with that are motorcycle owners were also amazed at this fabulous Harley-Davidson and look at it with envy. It's purplish deep blue and a real beauty. The headlights are big and bright, great backrest, huge side lockable side bags, able to hold so much more cargo than my Road King Harley-Davidson. It's very stylish and one of a kind.

My new selection of Harley gives me low gas mileage, and I feel so cool driving it anywhere. It's easy to drive, bold, fast, loud, outstandingly built, modern. It is powerful and takes safe great turns. It has a build in AM-FM radio that the volume goes up on its own, big double mirrors for added safety, lower in the back with not overheating pipes. However, I still am in shock at the price I negotiated it to. But I love this bike and what a great buy this was. I will be entering this Harley in many Harley ride contests, poker runs, and will be riding this to Sturgis next year.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 25, 2018

Harley Davidson is a symbol of United States of America and I like the iconic statue in what Harley Davidson stands for. I bought mine in the early 1980's when few people own a Harley Davidson. I have taken a number of defense of driving courses. I love my motorcycle and its sound, loud pipes save lives. I also like the power, the control you have as a rider and that I am able to work on every aspect of the motorcycle. Instead of viewing the scenery you are part of the scenery. More power, more American made components and more reliable longer wearing rear tires.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I chose Harley because it is American made and has a stylish style that will never go out of style!!! They are the best motorcycles out there. It is so much fun to ride! They are good for road trips with friends. It is the best you can buy!!! Harley Davidson is in my blood and I love the brand. Real people ride Harleys! The only thing is sometimes they cost way too much!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I like everything about my Harley. I like the design, the paint job, the price, the people who work at the Harley dealership and most of all the extra goodies you can get from them. The Harley name speaks for itself and it has been nothing short of a dream come true to own my Harley. It had never have me any problems and i do not expect it ever will. It's the highest quality of motorcycle toy can buy and I never even thought for minute about buying a different brand than a Harley.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harley Davidson?

Original review: March 21, 2018

Harley-Davidson is a very respected motorcycle and is the biggest leader in the industry. It has consistent quality and had modern technology. It's big and it says a lot. It's made with the best material, is very comfortable to ride, looks cool, and has nice color. However, they are very expensive, at times it's too loud for the neighborhood. It's also very hard to keep up on the appearance and all the chrome and hard to keep in garage because of its massive size. Other than that, the brand offers the best ride hands down. It is a prestigious brand with a rich history. It allows you to be in an exclusive club and gets you a lot of attention while riding.

Original review: March 20, 2018

They are a brand you can trust. I like their high performance engines and they offer several different models of motorcycles to fit anyone's needs. There is a size of bike and price for everyone who wants one. Resale on their motorcycles is really good value for the money. The only thing I dislike about this motorcycle brand is how expensive there merchandise is (does not include the motorcycles themselves). No matter where you try to buy their merchandise it's very overpriced. Even the resale prices on used merchandise is still expensive. But they always have had very helpful, friendly service when we go to any dealership.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I chose Harley Davidson as they offered the style and requirements that I was looking for. They also offered the best financing deal that I could find in my county. I love the different styles of the bikes and the way it helps me drive better. I also love how sexy I look on their bikes. Their handling is amazing and I love the gas mileage I get. Their seats are very comfortable and the customer service is beyond approach. They're perfect just the way they are. This is the second one that I have owned and I will buy another one from them.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I decided I wanted a Harley at the age of 10. I was looking through one of my Dad's Cycle World mags, there was an ad for the '77 models. I looked at the pics of that Low Rider and Wide Glide like I was looking at my 1st Playboy. I bought my 1st HD years ago. It was a 1200 Sportster. I took my wife on our 1st date on that bike. Now, a Road King & Electra Glide later, I won't be without one. I like the way it sounds, feels and looks. I also like that it's made in America and to me, very few things scream America like Harley Davidson. However, I wish H.D. would get back to basics a little more. It's cool they make models that are already customized. But, I'd like to see more entry level models. I'd also like to see the Dyna come back.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I love the Harley Davidson motorcycle brand and all it stands for. I have owned just about every other brand and Harley Davidson is by far the king of the hill as far as performance, power, style, all around bad ** of all motorcycle brands. I have owned my 2016 Sportster 48 for two years now and I am amazed at the way she takes those turns every time I put my knuckles and knees in the wind. I love the way my Sporty 48 handles the curves. Those big tires really help in the overall handling of the bike. My overall experience with Harley Davidson has nothing other than amazing. They have come a long way and improved in so many ways. If you're going to invest in a bike that you will enjoy and be proud to own for years to come purchase a Harley Davidson.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I love Harley-Davidson motorcycles. These special brand of bikes are always top quality. They never let me down. It may sound like a cliche, but a Harley-Davidson feels different than most bikes. Many owners are preoccupied with image and sound, so much so that forget what an amazing motorcycle it is. However, Harley owners remain the most brand-loyal of all motorcycle owners, with an astounding 75% saying they'd buy a Harley again. The occasional small repair bill may simply be a price they're willing to pay for owning the most famous name in motorcycles. (And it probably doesn't hurt that Harley goes the extra mile to take care of its customers when an issue with one of its bikes does arise.) Therefore, despite some flaws or company setback the Harley-Davidson remain some of the best motorcycle on the market.

Original review: March 12, 2018

It is American made and very well made. They are very desirable and dependable. There are several different models. Mine was an anniversary edition and I ended up selling it for the same price I purchased it for. They hold their value! They also have good trade-in value and have financing available. They offer a very good service and there are several stores around to assist you with anything you would possibly need. And I really like the attire that they have that you can purchase. Moreover, you can get maintenance agreement. They stand behind their product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Owning a Harley is like asking to have it worked on every year at least one time or in my case more than once. My Harley required a 1000.00 repair that I could not afford. It seems that Harley owners have had clutch problems for years. On my 07 Sportster, the problem consisted of, a total meltdown of the clutch assembly. The connecting pin that is used to connect the clutch cable to the primary, just broke off and this created a lot of damage to the clutch rings inside, bending them and totally locking up the clutch. This happened the very first day I attempted to ride after a winter spent in the garage. The damage was so extensive that it made the 07 a complete loss for me. I ended up selling it back to the Harley dealer for $2000.00.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The Harley-Davidson bike has a nice look to it, a strong motor and a very smooth ride. This bike is very powerful and durable. I depend a lot on my bike to get me where I am going. However, the bike is too heavy and hard to control a little. The gears are a little hard to get used to, but with a little more practice you should be fine riding down the highway. Harley-Davidson bikes last pretty long in driving and proper upkeep condition.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Harleys are iconic American steel, it has always been at the top of my list for motorcycle brands. They have high quality craftsmanship, long legacy and seem to take pride in their work. I love the sound and feel of the engine. When you fire it up, everyone already knows what brand that it is without even having to turn and look. No other company's motorcycles sound even close. I also like that this style is closer to the ground and it is easier for some of us shorter to get on and off the bike. It would be nice if they could make the motorcycles a little bit lighter weight, but still keep their quality of craftsmanship. There are a lot of people who are on the small side, myself included, who have a harder time handling them because they are pretty heavy. I know for myself especially it makes me feel kind of left out of their development plans.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

This brand is interesting, cool, high quality, is intense, is the best motorcycle brand. It has the best quality, classic and powerful models, and it does not have the best prices but its models are the best. I wish they change the prices, make better deals, keep the models of all the years, and would make a system of sending so that they take to the house of the buyer. Other than that, I love this brand. They have great models and great deals I like especially for the classic models.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I like the look, the image, the sound of their bikes. They are and say America. My dad owned them in the 40's and 50's and I have owned them since my 20's. Fact is outside of an Indian there is nothing like them at all. But I wish they were cheaper. Harleys are very expensive and you do get what you pay for but that does not change the fact that they are on the expensive side. I prefer to only buy American products and not Japanese products. If you want the very best you buy a Harley not a Jap bike. In addition the group you belong to is unlike any other bike ownership. Everyone that owns a Harley is willing to help a fellow owner.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Harley-Davidson is a great company with the best products. They are made in the U.S.A, stylish, dependable, easy access ability to parts, and easy to maintain and work on. It also rides extremely comfortably for both driver and rider and handles wonderfully. Heads definitely turn when you pass others on the road and I have found most other motorcyclists who owned bikes from other manufacturers tend to be extremely envious. I understand the impeccable craftsmanship that goes into designing and building these gorgeous motorcycles however I believe the high ticket price makes these cycles inaccessible to many consumers.

Nevertheless, Harley-Davidson has a top of the line reputation and great consumer reviews were a big factor in my decision to look at Harley's in the first place. Once I began to do my research and seek out a dealer I was extremely impressed at the customer service I received. I have had to buy parts several times over the years and always found my needs a top priority by company sales associates. The service is impeccable and I believe no better motor.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Harley-Davidson's solid reliability makes this the perfect choice for my needs. It has lots of power and comfort. These bikes are very well made, great body style and super gas mileage. I love the color and the many places for storage which are customer to the bike, great sound system and power. I cannot think of anything to improve this bike. The only thing to make this better would be to offer this same quality and power at a cheaper price or maybe with a larger trade in value when you are ready to buy another one. I would recommend this brand to anyone who is interested in riding and buying a motorcycle. There is no better name or quality than this one. I would highly recommend this one for size and safety as well as the power and the gas mileage.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I liked the model of motorcycle. My family have always been big motorcycle people and they have always purchased this brand for many years because it gives the best ride and it's a quality motorcycle. I like the way the motorcycle handles very well and also it's a very fast motorcycle and it looks great. I get many compliments on it, and I don't think I would ever change brands because of the smooth ride and family tradition.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

As far as I'm concerned Harley-Davidson is the only Motorcycle Company. I love Harleys. They're the only brand that I consider buying new. They are American made and they're awesome mean in Milwaukee near where I grew up and they're just the best bike gear is on the road. A Harley-Davidson Sportster was the very first new motorcycle I ever bought. I bought it in 1989 and it was the year that they had a $3,999 price tag on the vehicles and that made it possible that I could buy it. It was an awesome bike. It was the color, piping, the looks and it was a Sharp bike. It was also called a hugger.

It got great gas mileage and it was super good looking. I automatically became a member of the hog family with the purchase of the bike. I went to Sturgis and it was a blast. I even took it on a trip and got stuck in a super bad rainstorm and the bike never slipped and never slid. I had no problems and never lost control. I got through the storm without a scratch even though other bikes like Toyota, Hondas and Yamaha sand near Goldwings and stuff for all parked on the side under the bridges.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I like the quality of Harley Davidson motorcycles and the rich history and tradition of the brand. I also enjoy the brotherhood between Harley owners. I have owned a few different Harleys over the years and have yet to be disappointed. The freedom of riding down the road is one of the best feelings you'll ever experience. Nothing compares to that. The cost is worth it when you consider the quality. But the purchase price could be a little bit lower.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Harley-Davidson is an established trustworthy brand. I like this brand because their motorcycles have a specific style, and a specific character that make them more unique than other less established brands of motorcycles. But they could make the brand more environmental friendly. I like the aesthetics and the ride of my bike but I don't like how much gasoline it uses. I want to be able to ride my bike for leisure purposes without feeling guilty. I choose this brand over other brands because I trust that Harley-Davidson will make high-quality vehicles. Their bikes are considered classics for a reason.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I decided to buy my first Harley Davidson in 2009, brand new. I test drove other brands, and Harley rode the most comfortable, had the features I wanted for the best price. I wanted to start riding longer distances, and this was the best ride. I like Harley Davidson motorcycles because they are stylish. There is something for everyone in the bike line up, in every price range. They have motorcycles for those just starting out, and up to those who are experienced. But I would want more accessories already on the bikes and maybe have even more styles of motorcycles to appreciate.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I've owned 3 of them and they have Low-end torque which creates an awesome sound. No other bike sounds like a Harley Davidson. Harley Davidsons are great to ride, they look good and there is a mystique to them. You get respect on a Harley Davidson. However, they are too heavy and way too expensive for what you get. Also, the mechanics are not hi tech on Harley Davidson.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I like the sound, the look and the fact that it's American made. Harley Davidson has style and is classy. When you ride a Harley, you feel free and you get noticed... in a good way! Great quality and a great experience! The craftsmanship is excellent and it is a classic! You wouldn't regret buying a Harley-Davidson. But they could make more models, replacement parts and accessories that are more affordable so everyone could ride. Making the bike and parts more durable would be a definite plus.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Rides great! Very reliable and fast. I love the loud pipes! This motorcycle has the best engines and the fact you can customize everything to make it your own, is awesome! Harley can find and get almost any part or accessories you need. Even the old school Harley motorcycle parts. You can walk into any Harley Shop and find the parts you need. Very rare that Harley cannot get what you are looking for! But make the parts cheaper. I feel they are priced so high because of the brand name. Also the motorcycles accessories are ridiculously priced. I would also have the sales people chill and stalk to get a sale.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

The ride and the rumble of the engine is what gives you the most enjoyable experience. I love the ride more than any other aspect of owning a Harley Davidson. If you never rode a Harley Davidson you would not understand. But they should have cheaper costs to repair/rebuild. There is a reason that when you have to repair or rebuild people say Harley Davidson stands for hundred dollars. All cost at least one hundred dollars. That is why a lot of people buy other bikes, the cost of repairs is cheaper. But Harley Davidson is the only brand that I would buy. They have a long history and I like that. The history of Harley Davidson is extremely important, you need to know history of the company before you buy in order to have confidence in your investment.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

There is a saying "If I have to explain why I ride a Harley, you will never understand it"... Riding a Harley is a lifestyle, not just riding a motorcycle, there is a whole community in riding a Harley. There are so many people I have met, friends I have made, places I have been, that I would never met or gone to because of owning a Harley. Even as we get older, we are still accepted in the motorcycle community, because people know us, it does not matter whether you can ride as you could years ago, you are still a part of the motorcycle community. Harley Davidson is not just a brand name, it is a community, friendship, travel, excitement, oh how fun it is to go from 2nd to 3rd gear... That first shift, on any ride I start out on, always gives me a grin.

But lower the cost of motorcycles, getting to be too expensive. The younger generation is not really interested in motorcycles, need to start bringing them in the fold. The participation involved is sorely needed. Get your motorcycle license, learn how to ride on an old beat up other brand name bike because nine times out of ten, those bikes will be less expensive, and you will drop the bike a time or two, if you're lucky, you will only be going 2 mph... But get some miles under your belt first, then, and only then, go get yourself on a Harley... Go to a motorcycle friendly event, or restaurant, join the local HOG chapter, make friends, see what a difference it is that you're on a Harley and not another non named brand of motorcycle.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Harley-Davidson is good and easy to ride and are long-lasting. They are also made in the USA. I have owned more than one and would get another if I was younger and needed another but may be able to rent one to take rides. However, parts at dealership are overpriced and the service is good at dealerships that are not in the area that I live in so I have to travel at least fifty miles for better prices. Other than that, Harley-Davidson is reliable. They offer different options and are used by the local police departments and the state police for service vehicles. They are also used to escort funerals from store to cemetery.

Harley-Davidson Company Information