2. Automotive

Harley-Davidson
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Harley-Davidson Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harley-Davidson?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harley Davidson?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Harley Davidson's are the top of the line when made in the USA. They come from way back since the 1930's for me. When I was young, I still remember the first Harley I had. My parents bought it for me, I was 16. We, meaning my friends and me, would go riding on weekends in groups of three. My Harley never gave a problem, I always had it in good shape and took care of it. Today's Harley's still have that same rough sound as in my days. You can tell a Harley right away by the sound. This is the Harley Davidson trade mark.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

First Harley Davidson Motorcycle purchased 2002. AWESOME bike and so much fun to ride. Bought 2003 Sportster 883 Anniversary Custom XL. Upgraded the engine to 1200 via the HD Dealership where purchased and had this tweaked to get 60mpg by authorized tech of HD. Continued to ride and upgrade the bike until I traded in for 2013 HD Triglide TRIKE which I continue to ride. HD stated if I got 2-3 quotes from other Dealerships they would match for trade-in. I got 5, and they gave me more than the quotes. Great Service. Great Bikes. Wouldn't have any other. Have ridden other bikes, prefer Harley Davidson for the ride, service, quality of the bike. Lasts long time. Can upgrade and get parts from HD.

Get buying tips about Motorcycle Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

There is no doubt that Harley Davidson sells outstanding, high-quality motorcycles that appeals to almost everyone's taste. I feel great when I'm on the back of the bike riding, feeling the wind, sun, and rain enjoying every moment as each ride brings a day to be cherished. So, of course, when you're riding on a Harley Davidson bike you compliment it when you sport your Harley Davidson riding gear, which includes purses, jewelry, clothing, and my favorite item of all - my Harley boots, I have to have my boots. So I'll close my final thoughts by saying, not only did Harley Davidson create an awesome bike they have brought friends, and family together because when one person purchases a bike it seems as though everyone else will be purchasing one as well. YOU ROCK HARLEY DAVIDSON!!

The Laughlin River Run of 2017 was one of my last rides due to an unfortunate occurrence (not an accident). At the doctor's office, he asked me to write down what I like to do, and one of my answers was riding. Almost everything on my list was scratched off, which brought tears to my eyes. I rode once more on New Year's day of 2020, and it was awesome. However, when I hear the beautiful sound of a Harley and seeing it riding by, I remember all of my treasured moments. Now just because I can't ride doesn't mean I can't wear my Harley attire as I continue to do so - especially my boots.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Every since I was a teenager I wanted a Harley Davidson. I would dream about them at night. When I finally got my dream bike I was so happy. I have had some disappointments along the way, and most have been with the service departments. I wish I were mechanically inclined but I learned early on when I tried taking auto mechanics in high school that I am not. Having to depend on their service has brought about so many frustrations. I did wreck my new dream bike in April of 2019 when I hit a dog. It messed up my front end and I can't get it fixed right after being to four dealerships. I can't trade it in because they quit making the model I want which is the Dyna wide glide. I do not ever want another kind of bike.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I recently (January 2019) traded my 2011 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited in on 2019 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide, and I love both bikes! When I brought the 2011 in it had ever only had one issue, the stator (charging system) broke at 100,000 km (~60,000 miles). Even though it wasn't functioning 100 percent, ìt still took me from Kentucky to Maine, and back to the west coast. When I took it into my hometown dealership (Kamloops BC) it was fixed in two days and all it cost me was the $50 deductible on the extended warranty!

The 2019 CVO now has 60,000 km on it and has had the front brake tutors replaced (no charge warranty) free! What's the secret you may ask. Frequent oil changes, ride at or over 3000 RPM and enjoy the ride! Anything between 3500 & 5000 miles is when I change the SYN3 engine oil... When the lifters click loudly, you change the oil. Riding below 2500 RPM causes blow-by into the oil, which decreases the compression and pollutes the oil with gasoline and CO2 making it lubricate poorly. People have said to me... "but it's so loud at 3000 RPM in second gear!" To which I reply "why did you put those loud pipes on then?" If you want something to last, you find out what it likes and needs to be happy.

Other issues here, most of them I have heard before. They happen, but are very rare and quite often not because of the bike... If the dealership can't tell you why something is happening, it is possible that they are just holding back so they don't embarrass people and lose customers. Just my two cents. (PS I started riding on a 1987 softail and have recorded over 450,000 HOG "clicks").

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Harley Davidson is expensive but worth it. The experience from purchase to ride to preventive maintenance is hands down the best. Not sure if that is a brand-specific thing or a dealership thing, but I feel as if I am the only one being waited on or being helped when I am at the dealership.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

HD is a great bike but have out- priced the average biker. It breaks my heart when I look at the new HD and then the price tag is so far out of reach it absolutely depresses me. HD has built the ultimate riding machine that sends goose pimples down my spine when I sit straddle one.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I have traveled coast to coast on a Harley-Davidson. You can’t top the look, feel or sound of a Harley, no matter how hard Honda, Suzuki, and the rest of them try. The company protect the value of you machine, minimal depreciation, mine went down 3k in 11 years. As a whole the company is there for you, in a time of financial hardship, they went above and beyond, to work with me on the payments, while I was out of work. I can’t say enough good things about Harley-Davidson as a company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I own 2 Harley's. I love riding and the way it takes away the problems and worries the moment you step onto the bike and go! Riding means freedom and stress released! Riding means feeling refreshed and smiles.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I love my Harley, It's was pricey in all areas but they all are. I like the sound, the ride and the way they looked. If you take care them they will give you years of what freedom is all about on the road.

Harley Davidson author review by Jonathan Trout

Harley-Davidson got its start in 1903 and continues to make stylish and high-performance motorycles as well as custom builds. Choose from 31 models of road motorcycle, from cruisers and touring bikes to sportier classic street bikes.

• H-D Street: H-D Street bikes come in three models with either a 500 or 750 cc liquid-cooled engine. The 750 model has a low weight and low center of gravity for easier push off as well as optional antilock brakes and specially tuned shocks. It also has 44.5 feet per pound of engine torque, weighs 492 pounds and has a seat height of 25.7 inches. H-D Street models start at $7,599 and go up to $8,699. View all models and performance options on the Harley-Davidson website.

• Sportster: Harley-Davidson makes five models of motorcycles in its sportster series. These bikes are built with low seats and a low center of gravity, making them easy to balance. The 1200 Custom model features a custom-style paint job and a 1200 cc V-Twin engine. It has 73 feet per pound of engine torque, weighs 562 pounds and has a seat height of 26.6 inches. Prices range from $8,700 to $11,300 for base models.

• Softail: Harley-Davidson makes eight models of softail motorcycles. Softail bikes have the classic look of a hardtail frame with hidden shocks for a comfortable ride. The Street Bob lands in the middle of the softail price range. It has an engine that offers 110 feet per pounds of torque, weighs 630 pounds and has a seat height of 25.8 inches. It comes with digital instrumentation, keyless ignition, a USB charging port and LED lighting. Prices start at $14,500 and go as high as $19,000 for base models. Check out all softail models online.

• Touring: Harley-Davidson makes 10 models of touring motorcycles designed for comfort on the open road. Touring bikes range in price from $19,000 to $27,000 and feature different performance and comfort accessories that make riding long distances more comfortable. Touring models can include sound systems, Bluetooth capability and a USB port. They’ll have comfort seating with arm rests and responsive suspension systems. Check out all 10 models online.

• CVO series: Harley-Davidson’s CVO bikes are designed for ultimate comfort on long-distance rides. There are three models in the series, ranging in price from about $40,000 to $43,000. Features include custom paint finishes and paint schemes, high-performance front and rear suspension, LED lighting, heated hammock seats and two wireless headsets. The headsets let you make hands-free calls and listen to music, GPS navigation and other passengers. Also included is an integrated security system featuring a hands-free fob that locks and unlocks your bike and luggage and that arms and disarms security alarms from a distance.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team