Pontiac
Based on 76 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Pontiac

245 Pontiac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

My Montana is a minivan... It's ok and gets the job done. I like the Pontiac brand and the push button sliding door & removable seating. Affordable price and overall decent vehicle but could be in better shape, cleaner. Maintenance costs ok but I wish parts were cheaper... but could be much worse! Would like dual push button sliding doors & windows on the sliding doors to move as well.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have nothing but very good results with my Pontiac. I have a van that is old but still runs very well. It drives very well, gets very good mileage and is very comfortable. It can comfortably seven people. I like the color and size of the van, the radio, and the ease of the doors opening and closing. Also like how easy it is to get the back seats out and in. However, it needs better air conditioner. This model doesn't have air controls in the back seat area so it takes a lot of time to cool down or warm up and the fuel tank doesn't register fuel amount well. But overall, I love my van.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have had a good experience with the Pontiac and it has performed well. It has had few problems but it has been relatively inexpensive in upkeep. I like that this car was fully loaded and it has a good design. I Like the shiny rims and the silver grey color that shines so nicely when it is clean. Air conditioning has worked well, the radio has a great sound quality and the three disc player has been enjoyable. The driver's seat assumes many positions and is comfortable. But the comfort of the ride is probably what I would like changed the most. I guess this means a better suspension system from what I understand about cars. Although the seating is good, I would probably also make the seating a bit more comfortable. In particular, the passenger seat needs to be able to assume more positions more easily and similar to the driver's seat. But other than that, I have enjoyed driving it overall.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix SE is very good on gas mileage. I get close to 500 miles on a tank of gas when driving on the interstate. Very sporty yet economical. I've had very little problems with my Grand Prix and I bought it in 2002. It has been a very reliable car and so thankful to still be driving it! I also like the power brake system, anti theft proof, automatic power steering, rear window defroster, rear door child safety locks, power lock doors, electric side mirror adjustment and open door/trunk light indicator. However, I hate the red dashboard lighting. It would be better to have white or blue dashboard lighting. Also, they should've made the front and rear bumpers from steel instead of cheap rubber and or plastic!

Original review: June 23, 2018

My overall experience with this Pontiac car is pretty good. It has been great to me for the time I have had it. I like everything about the car itself but I really enjoy how smooth the ride is and the way the inside is set up. Also the motor sounds pretty and I like how technology worthy it is. I like the lights too. This car has given me no problems at all besides one flat tire and my oil change but that is normal and it did not bother me to have to do it to my car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Original review: June 22, 2018

Pontiac Aztec is roomy, very smooth ride and whole family loves it. It was cheap but good for us. Rusty but we live in Michigan and it gets me where I need to be with no problems. The car is for my whole family and our stuff for camping, sports, and other activities. I like the room and love the sound in the stock radio. The cooler as a center console is very cool as well. The back hatch is also very helpful for getting the family stuff in and out and the lights on the door board at genius. However, I would improve the gas mileage. Also maybe make it 4 wheel drive so we can get more places camping. Top lights would be good and a strap to hold stuff in place in the way back.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love my Pontiac Sunfire. I'm glad I made the investment into getting it. It's pretty reliable. I'd recommend it and would definitely keep this car. More people should drive it. I also like that it's a sports car and I love the fact that it has a sunroof so it gives it the sports car free air flow kind of feeling. It's nice for long drives like to the beach or other places. It's peaceful. However, the window are not automatic and I don't care for the original radio that comes with the car. Also, it is leaking.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I love the little SUV (Pontiac Vibe). The car is great on gas. It's heavy, has a lot of room inside of it, great in the winter time and has a sun roof that I love rolling with it open. I also love the power window feature. It's a lot easier than hand cranking the windows down. I can also take the back seats out and have more room like a bed of a a pick up truck to haul stuff in. But it would be nice if it had a CD player built into it or a GPS or a combination of both. I also wish it had heated seats to keep my butt warm in the winter time.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My other main car was needing a trip to the car hospital, and needed more repairs than I thought it should have. So I chose to bury my old car, and purchased this used Pontiac Grand Am from my nephew. I'm hoping I can drive this car for at least one year, while I save more money so I will be able to purchase a new car. I have owned a Grand Prix before, and they have a lot of similarities. I like the fast mileage for one thing. Being that I'm from Alabama and this Grand Am is Crimson, I like that it's a Roll Tide color. Even though this color shows the pollen body. I didn't go out shopping for this car and I've never owned a Grand Am, but I'm so pleased with everything about it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My van is 13 years old. I bought it new and it has been an excellent vehicle. I have had no trouble with it; only replacing things that wear out over time. It has 122,000 miles on it and still runs like a top! I previously had a Pontiac Transport, which I loved. But it finally wore out. Pontiac replaced that model with the Montana so that is why I chose it. I can haul most anything including large items by removing the seats or folding them down. It carries six passengers, gets great gas mileage, rides very nicely and looks sporty for a minivan. The only thing I miss is the built in air compressor that was in my Pontiac Transport. But other than that, I love all of Pontiac Montana's features.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The car handles just like I should and is very smooth. The steering could be more sharp and accurate but overall I am very happy. I have had a good experience. I think it looks the best compared to other models and makes it looks so sexy and sleek. It is really an eye catching car and is fast. It gives you the butterflies looking at it. I could not love a car more. This car is perfect and made for me.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I've had a very good experience with this automobile (Pontiac G6). It is reliable and have not had any serious problem with it. Not bad on mileage. I have it serviced regularly. Also, it is roomy, has cruise control which is very good for my bad knees, four doors don't have to get out to let someone in, roomy trunk carries my wheelchair or my walker easily and plenty of room for my grandchildren. However, the color beige seats is not a good color with young children riding in it. The color of the interior as well. Would also have a back up device so that I would know how close I am to something and would have a real good stain releaser.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love the car and it's my favorite car ever. It has great speed, pick-up and style. Gas mileage is really good too and I love the way it handles. I know Pontiacs and wanted a 4 door that was sporty and fun. This one was the perfect fit. Lots of trunk space as well as a 3.8 litre v-6 engine to power it. The only things I would change about the car would be that it needs more headroom front and back. And it also needs more leg room in the back. When sitting in the back you are cramped up. Was fine when my kids were little but now that they are grown there is no space for legs and heads. But other than that, I like the sunroof and fusion orange metallic color. It also has a 6 disc cd player with a monsoon speaker system. Everything perfect for me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Pontiac G6 - Overall decent experience. It's a bit older so it has had its share of repairs but it's safe and gets me from school to home. I've had it for 3 years and expect to get another couple out of it before I get a new car. Also, the cabin is relatively spacious for a car its size. I also like the price as it's used, and it's a comfortable ride. However, it doesn't have an aux or USB to plug in devices. The wheel bearings also need repairing almost every year. Would like more trunk space as well.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The 2002 Pontiac Bonneville has been fun to drive but has had some problems in the past few months that have needed some attention before I could drive it again. The car had relatively low miles for its age and has had few drivers and was taken care of for the most part. I would like it to have more reliable gas mileage, have better radio features, better interior design such as more support in the seat and more than 3 settings on the wiper blade control. It gets annoying when my options are very slow, fast or super fast. But other than that, I like the stick shift on the floor, the color and body design. I also have enjoyed the sunroof and the ample space within the cabin. I love the trunk fin and the headlight design as well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The brake lights work when you're NOT braking and stay on when you're driving , this was a recall... They SAID they fixed the problem, (before it was an issue) and now want to charge me.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My Pontiac G6 was well worth my loan that I spent. I don't have A lot of problems, I REALLY try to take care of my car. The 'old saying goes - when you take care of your car it will take care of you'.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The 2005 Pontiac Vibe has held up well with heavy, in town, major metropolitan driving, as well as across the continent and camping trips. Hauled kids to track meets, to college and back with all their worldly goods, wares and set-ups to crafts shows. It has required very little work other than regular maintenance. Pleasure to drive (manual transmission), still gets good mileage (35-36 highway, 26-27 in town). Downside, it needs a paint job as it has not been garaged. Very sad it was discontinued. If available would buy a new one when this was has run its course.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Bought a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix. Ran ok for 2 months and had a bad Day when the Car was driving by a school zone and it accelerated so fast that I hit the brakes but it keep going at which kids was crossing the street and I had to put the car out of gear to not hit someone. This is definitely a problem with these cars and need to be recalled. Please do something about this.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

They are garbage. Pure Trash and Garbage. There is nothing good I can say about them. If any of the folks that read this buy a Pontiac may God help them and I promise they will regret it. Don't take a chance on a Pontiac. PERIOD!!! PLEASE!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

My GM case number is #: **. My GM Recall number for the Front Passenger Takata Airbag is #: **. My NHTSA case number is #: **. My Car's VIN number was #: **... On 06/27/2015, we were involved in an accident in which the defective Front Passenger Takata Airbag ruptured, almost decapitating my husband... He sustained facial lacerations, fractured collarbone, neck and back injuries... About one week after the accident, we received the GM Recall Letter concerning the Takata Front Passenger Airbags. By this time we'd already made a claim to our insurance company who promptly decided to pay for and access that our vehicle was "Totaled". Geico ended up finding some bogus lien holder, paying them our claim check in the amount of $5,502.69. We received no claim check, and have been without transportation of any kind for well over a year now.

After sending in documentation and pictures of the accident, we've made a formal request of $250,000.00 dollars from General Motors, and with each requests we've been given the runaround. General Motors had first-hand knowledge about these defective Takata Airbags back in 2001, but chose to put the lives of many, many, future customers at risk for the sake of cutting corners. Several people across the country, have indeed lost their lives because of General Motors "intentional negligence" in this matter. General Motors, with his trillion dollars a year, Global Corporation, will NEVER MISS A MERE $250,000.00 dollars payout, NEVER. My hope is that this consumer review prompts someone at Generals Motors to stop kicking my formal requests to their California (Nummi) division. THAT SIMPLY NO LONGER EXISTS, AND APPROVE MY REQUEST SO THAT THIS MATTER CAN/SHOULD BE QUICKLY RESOLVED.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I am very upset that my dashboard on my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am is curled back so bad and all my vents on the dashboard are broken to where it affects my defrosters and air conditioning. It is now over 3" curled back. I understand that this is a problem for most GM car owners and do not understand why GM will not issue a recall!! My car has been great mechanically except for all 4 windows (electric) the plastic piece broke and could only replace front two because of the cost. To repair dash will be between $1,200 - $1,500 as a single parent I cannot afford. What can be done to make GM repair this defect that should be a recall?

Original review: June 19, 2016

Purchase my car in 9/2008. In 2 years before my warranty ran out my car had less than 35,000 miles. However I brought my Pontiac Solstice because I always want a 2-seater. My passenger handle pulling away from the door and unable to get in on passenger side. When I ask the dealer to honor it to no avail. They told me that car was out of warranty for the body. What happen to buy American product.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I have a 2003 Pontiac Aztek fuel leak on the gas tank, when researching recalls this problem was a recall that I never received a notice for. GM stated they would not cover it because of the mileage. This is a very dangerous situation since the fuel tank leaks on the ground. Jack Wilson Chevy in St. Augustine Fla. stated it would cost 1500.00 to fix. The Chevy dealer tried to explain how dangerous it was and that it should be covered under the Recall but GM refused.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

I, unfortunately, own a 2001 Pontiac Grand am. I keep getting a track off warning light on my dash. After hours of research, I found that this is a common problem with these cars. The most common thing anyone recommends, is replacing the speed sensors. Unfortunately, the speed sensors on my car, are built into the wheel hub assembly. Depending on where you buy your parts, it costs between $300-$700 dollars just for the 4 wheel hub assemblies. I replaced them. Not a hard job, and cheaper than a shop. Still the issue exists. Then I took it to a shop, they said it was a faulty ets switch. So I replaced it. Not the problem.

Now I'm being told it could be a bad wire under the car, most likely running from the speed sensor to either a harness or directly to a cluster of wires. I've also been told it could be the abs system screwing up. Which doesn't make sense to me because I've had it scanned and they have never said a thing about the abs. Take it to a dealership, and if it doesn't tell them exactly what is wrong, they have no clue. So if this is a common problem, why don't they know how to fix it? I will never buy a GM made car ever again. Lesson learned. If you want quality, buy a Honda Civic. My 1999 Honda Civic has 283, 000 miles on it and the only I've ever had to replace is the tires and battery. Nothing mechanical.

Original review: July 19, 2015

I purchased this 06 Pontiac Torrent on July 10, 2015. The battery died on 7/11/215. The wheel bearings need replacing at 95700 miles as of July 13, 2015. Dealership 1 hr 45 min. away, they offer no help with repairs. Purchased powertrain warranty at the urgency of the dealership.

Original review: July 3, 2015

2005 Pontiac G6 GT - Engine stalled then cut off when pressing gas pedal from a stopped position at stop light. I was able to pull over to side of road and was fortunate I wasn't ran into from behind because this was during morning rush hour traffic. Car wouldn't start and message flashed was "reduced engine power" and it finally started after being broke down for over a hour. Was able to start it and drove it to car shop but it kept cutting off every time I stopped and pressed gas pedal to accelerate. Mechanic cleaned build up around throttle body but same thing happened a few weeks later and turned out, the EGR valve was bad and had to be replaced. Reportedly, there is a technical bulletin out but no recall yet. When I researched this issue online, lots of G6 owners reported similar issues. I have 150k miles on this G6 and I received several recall notices from Pontiac in the mail. I am very dissatisfied with the unreliability of this car!

Original review: July 2, 2015

Go to crank the car in the morning. Sometimes the car will try to start and then nothing. The security light flashes and won't allow the car to start. Dealer said the car needs a new ignition. I just replaced the ignition so what good would that do! There is a fault with the resistance in the wiring that is the problem. There are videos out that show how to fix it. I believe the GM companies should fix the problem being they know about it! I'm tired of getting into my car only for it not to crank and have to wait for it cycle!

Original review: June 26, 2015

My 2007 Pontiac Solstice starting transmission issues. It was determined that the issue was the same as a recall from 2008. My car only has 51000 original miles. GM refuses to repair the car. The air bag, passenger side needed repair due to a switch/battery. This was a recall in 2/2014. Again, GM refuses to repair saying it was repaired once. Obviously, neither was repaired correctly. The customer service rep. actually asked me if I was in the market for a new car... Are you kidding??? $3500 in repairs later. This is my first and LAST American made car. Never again.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I purchased a 2008 Pontiac Solstice new in 2009. The car has 22000 miles on it and has been garaged or covered when not driven most of the time since purchased. The exterior door handle on the passenger side is falling off. I recently took the car in for a recall on the ignition switch and requested that GM fix the door handle. They refuse stating that even though it has low mileage that the warranty ran out at 36000. I feel this is a safety issue - if involved in an accident there is no way to open the door from the exterior.

Also own a 2011 Chevy Avalanche which just had to have both driver and passenger door handles replaced for the same reason. I see numerous GM cars on the road every day that have their door handles duct taped on. Why is GM not owning up to these defective door handles? The door handles are part of the body of the vehicle and a very important part of the operation of the vehicle. I feel this is a huge safety issue. I am not driving a NASCAR that you enter through the window. I am driving a $34000 car that I should be able to open the door as you would any other vehicle. GM refuses to fix this rather they offer me a 10% discount off of a $190 expense. This needs to be a recall item for GM - just goes to show you what our American-made products are made of. Don't buy GM cause unless you have a wad of money in your pocket or want to drive a POS this is what you are going to get.

Not sure about Pontiac?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Pontiac Company Information

General Motors
    www.gm.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business