GM Customer Service

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My 2016 Silverado 2500HD has been recalled for the airbag issue. I brought it to my local Chevy dealer on November 18. I am STILL without my vehicle! The SM module "froze" when they attempted the reprogram on 11/18 and told me they needed to order a new module. The module was on backorder and they received in Wednesday 11/23. Unable to program it, they are still waiting for the GM Field Service Engineer to write the program for the new module specific to my truck. I have been given no expected date for completion and also have had to follow up daily myself with the dealer to get updates. Each update has been the same response... we are waiting for the engineer to write the program and do not know when it will be done.

This is a recall and since my truck happens to be in the 1% that are an actual problem it should be made a priority to be corrected and returned to me. It has been just about 14 days now without my truck and without a resolution date in sight. I feel helpless. I have tried contacting the GM Customer Assistance line and they have been of no use.

Contacted Smail GMC in Greensburg, PA. to have gooseneck hitch installed on my wife's brand-new GMC 3500hd she purchased from Laura GMC, and Smail GMC would only install hitch if we purchased truck from them. Little frustrating, we have supported General Motors and are children of a GM manufacturing family.

2014 Chevy Captiva key stuck in ignition. My key cannot be removed from the ignition of my car when it is in park due to the same engineering defect addressed by GM's "special coverage adjustment" which covers millions and millions of cars - not including mine. It is costing me $1100.00 in parts and labor to fix this issue which has drained my battery and left me stranded on many occasions. I should not have to pay for GM's ignition design defect. GM should be held accountable for ANY of its vehicles exhibiting ignition and shifting defects, as it is already well known for causing deadly accidents due to engineering oversights. I am hoping to receive cash assistance from Chevy to cover the labor.

Went to local dealer in which my whole family uses and wanted to get a new car. Btw... bought 2 cars in Lake Orion area 10, 11 years ago with great experience. Anyways, went to get a Malibu (sales) to my local dealer in which my whole family uses so I trusted it to be okay. Saw a Malibu Elite with a 29 something sale sticker that I wanted. Went to talk to a sales person at Vic Canever, said interested in the deal, we had to go look, he was unaware. He said that there was criteria. I didn't have a lease, a criteria BUT, he could get me close to that deal. Going thru his hour and a half of mumble jumbo I kept asking the price of the car. I got 29750 oh then better 29595! Great! Very excited! Well after 3 1/2 hours later very tired!

Finance guy told me my payments. 417 month well I had a trade in on 3800 plus put down 5000 seemed high, so called the next day and the sales person "claimed" that the total of the car that I kept asking the amount included my trade in, Really! Bunch of **! Well when we went to the parking lot to look at the sticker sale, he didn't even know that I had a trade in or what it was, anyways ended up paying $3000 more than I thought. I feel like I was taken advantage of. I will never go back to Vic Canever in Fenton again! I know the deal that I got was average and almost just went somewhere else, but thought if I didn't purchase it then I would never get one (personal thing) anyways, love the car but can't enjoy until I get over this horrible experience! IT JUST SUCKS! THANKS VIC CANEVER IN Fenton!

The gold part of my front Chevy bowtie emblem fell out on its own a few weeks ago, for no reason. The piece is gone. Car is out of warranty but like new. Called dealer/service... $40 for part, $100 for labor. The part fell out on its own. Submitted an email to GM customer care. After a week of phone tag all they did was call same dealer and confirm repair cost. The part is available online for $19. Chevy, GM and their dependent businesses all lost me as a customer today. Complete waste of time. No discount offered... NOTHING! Do not buy GM cars. They don't care about their customers after the sale at all. GM has no pride in their product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

I took my 2011 Buick Regal in to the local Buick dealership two days after the car had turned 5 with around 92,000 miles on it. This was April 15, 2016. I was unaware that it had turned 5 and the warranty was expired and no one told me, so I thought the warranty was still valid. The check engine light was on and I called and insisted that they look at my car. The dealer tried to be too busy. They determined that there was around a quart of oil left in the car. The dealership told me that they were sure that the last oil change had been done improperly and that the place I had taken it to have the service had not filled up the oil. The dealer then changed the oil and charged me $100+ to do it.

When I expressed my disbelief that I had driven 5,000 miles on 1 quart of oil with no indication of any issues the dealership, Halladay Motors Cheyenne, Wyoming, said to bring the car in every 500 miles for the next few weeks and they would check the oil to be sure there were no other issues. At around week 5 the car was over a quart low and the check engine light had come back on. The dealership began an oil consumption test at this point. I had to bring my car in every 500 miles/tank of gas and they checked the oil and topped it off as needed and indicated what they had done on a chart. At the end of the test they had determined that the car had failed the test and that the solution was to replace the pistons. The dealer ordered the parts and arranged for a rental car so the work could be done. They indicated that this would be warranty work, no cost was mentioned when I dropped it off.

Later that day the dealer called me and said it was two days out of warranty the first time I brought it in and that the work would not be covered. Also, it would cost me about $2600 to get it fixed. I only own one car and I need it to drive to work etc. There is no public transportation available in my area. I really had no choice but to agree to have the work done and pay for it. I contacted GM Customer Service to ask if they would reconsider covering the issue since it was obvious that the issue pre-dated the warranty expiring. Also, it was within two days of the initial visit. I was told after I was passed around that there was a very good chance that that GM would reconsider and cover the issue, and that there were procedures in place that the dealership should have taken to make sure I was aware that the warranty had expired, but that there was a grace period and that cost assistance may be available. This was September 6, 2016.

I received a various voicemails indicating that I should call back and was never able to re-connect with anyone until today, September 22, 2016. I received a call telling me that GM and the dealer had decided that they would not be covering the issue or helping with the cost in any way. Last week the check engine light came on again and I had to have the timing solenoid replaced for another $200. Until now I had been very happy with GM products and a 30 year customer. I'm no longer going to be a customer of GM or Halladay Motors after the ridiculous amount of time and money I have spent that should not have been necessary.

I own a 2012 Chevy Equinox (52000 miles) that I purchased from my Chevy dealership. The key fab holds the brass key in pot metal and it broke last year. That key was replaced under warranty. Saturday, the key I got to replace that key broke in the same manner. (25,000 miles later) Saturday, I brought the key in and was told I need to talk with the Service Manager. I explained the problem to the Service Manager and he offered me a new key at a discount. If I had something to do with the key breaking, I would be fine with the offer. Plus, there is no guarantee that the same issue will not happen to the new key. I do not want to be purchasing a new key every so often because of poor design. I was only 2,000 miles out of warranty and they would not replace a recurring issue.

I wrote the president of the dealership and she said sorry but would not do anything. My steering wheel has also worn away and I had to put a cover on it. Poor quality. I own a VW TDI which I will be trading in sometime in November. Today was a true test of your customer service. I planned on purchasing a ton crew cab truck to replace the VW. After this experience I do not plan on considering your dealership at this point. I also plan on taking my business elsewhere for service.

Just wondering if anyone else who had this recall done ran into a situation where the low beam headlights had to be replaced at the owner's expense. This situation is ridiculous. Let me first state the I accept partial blame for not taking my car in as soon as I received a recall notice. When my low beam lights went out I took my car to JohnBear to have the HDM recall addressed. I picked up my car after the recall work was done and went in to work for night shift.

Leaving work the next day I found I had no low beam headlights and now no dash lights. Took it back to JohnBear where I was informed that both my low beam headlights had burnt out at the exact same time(?) and that had nothing to do with the recall(?). I've dealt with a service rep at Buick (Sheri) that I must apologize to for letting my frustration get the better of me. I was charged $373.40 for two installed low beam headlights(?). In my mind and 3 or 4 mechanics I have spoken with this is excessive and should have either been tied to the recall or the original work performed at the dealership. Yet no one is taking responsibility.

On June 2, 2016 an engine light came on as we were on the on ramp proceeding to the highway. Immediately our engine losing power light came on. My husband managed to get the vehicle safely off the road. The vehicle shut down and would not restart. It was towed to O'Regans on Robie Street where it was diagnosed with fuel injectors that "exploded" thereby causing major issues. The vehicle had 118,000 km and the warranty expired at 110,000. Had the car repaired, $2500.00 later! I asked if the car had been test driven, the reply was no when it was the check engine light came back on. Now it needed rear sensors. That same evening the check engine light came back on so back to O'Regans. Now the timing chain was gone!!! So another $2700.00.

No one from O'Regans or GM would extend the warrant. There will never be another GM product in our driveway their attitude with customers is, "Oh well we can offer you $2500 off a brand new car." Ha they have to be kidding. After doing research and speaking with a couple of mechanics I find out GM knew they had injectors issues and timing chain issues which they are saying, "Oh we never heard of any issues regarding the injectors or timing chain." I have been in touch with the local media and Yvonne Colbert has sent me a recall which I am going to try one more time with GM to see if we can come to a resolve on this issue. I know they have 'a good will warranty'. Wish me luck!!!

2008 gmc denali radio control tire censor. What a stupid total waste of money. Cost me another 300.00 to get the stupid aluminum junk parts replaced. I never seen such a total stupid unnecessary device in my life. I had one tire worked on 3 times and they found nothing wrong but it still leaked. Most tire dealers drop the nut off the sensor and let it drop into the tire not wanting to tell you it cost another $80.00 a tire to fix the problem the junk sensor. I happen to get an honest dealer and explained the stupid engineering retarded situation. Thanks for the stupid extra expense. I grew up when a car had an ignition switch and an oil gauge and was happy. I own a tire gauge and can see a low tire that does not cost an extra $300.00 from my social security.

I called gmc customer service 5 times and got nothing but the run around. I was disconnected and put on hold several times. Rep 1 was foreign, could not understand me. Rep 2 I was disconnected. Rep 3 wanted me to spell sensor three times, said he had never heard of that type of auto part. Rep 4 asked for my first name then put me on hold then rep 5 asked for my last name, then my address and I said 6867, only my house number then she asked me to spell it. So I said six eight six seven. Then she started to explain why I had to spell. I never got my whole address out she kept talking over me. The whole experience was like a comedy routine saturday night live. Smartest man movie.

I purchased a 2015 Silverado from Advantage Chevrolet in Bolingbrook, Il. After a short time I began to notice a vibration in the truck. When traveling between 45 mph and 55 mph and more so when traveling between 65 mph and 75 mph. The vibration is noticeable as the water bottle in the center council shakes and the hood and rear view mirror vibrate. This is a new truck, currently less than 6,000 miles. I am a long time GM owner, have purchased somewhere around 15 new GM vehicles and owned at least another 5 used vehicles. I am 54 years old and consider myself to be a long and faithful GM customer. This very well may change in the near future.

I took my vehicle back to the dealer for service, they said it was operating within normal tolerances. I asked how that could be and how they came to that conclusion? I was told they hooked it up to monitors and compared it to another vehicle (same make and model) and they both gave the same results. After much discussion and me expressing my displeasure, I was told that there was a bulletin out from GM dated 6/23/2016 that tells the dealerships to not attempt to fix the issue any longer as they have changed tires, rotated tires, balanced tires and replaced rims with no success at eliminating the problem. The GM bulletin states that they are aware of the issue and trying to come up with a fix.

I called a customer service number (800-222-1020) and created a case number (**). I was told by the dealer that this would create a case and it would elevate until it was resolved. I was told by the complaint line that they would contact the dealer and get back to me with their findings within 48 hours. When they got back to me (approximately 51 hours later) I was told that the dealer had done everything they could and the case was closed.

I asked to speak with a higher level manager from the organization and was turned over to a senior consultant (Crystal). She reaffirmed that the case was resolved and that I could not speak to anyone else and have no other options. I attempted to call back to other times and speak with someone else, once I spoke with James who assured me that the case would be re-opened and Crystal would not be involved any longer. James also stated that Crystal should have let me speak to another consultant and what she did was wrong. In the end, the case went back to Crystal and she closed the case with no resolution.

Needless to say, I am a very dissatisfied GM customer (soon to be a former GM customer) and am finding it very hard to get in contact with anyone at GM and seems to care about the customer. $40,000.00 truck that vibrates, a company that knows they have a problem as they sent out a bulletin but does not want to speak to the customer about the issue. The sad thing is, I just want to know what they are doing to try and identify the issue and fix it.

Unfortunately, I will not own the truck much longer, will not buy GM products any longer and will lose money due to their poor customer service and lack of commitment to their customers. GM apparently doesn't need repeat customers. If by chance a GM Representative reads this, please contact me. I would love to discuss this issue and the extremely poor customer service representatives you have fielding your complaints at the 800 number above. I can say some of the representatives were trying to help. The senior rep should be in another line of work.

I purchased a used 2014 Chevy Captiva Sportage with about 37,000 miles less than 1 year ago. Paid 20K cash and now I regret it since it looks like I was sold a lemon. A month ago the key started sticking in the "ACC" position when attempting to shut the car off after driving. It would require constant shutting on and off of car or "sitting it out in car" for 1 or more hour praying that the key would turn to the "off" position in the ignition and not get stuck in the "ACC" position, which drains the battery. This continued during the WORST of times, at medical appointments, arriving home at night, dining out and July 4th weekend. With the key in the ignition, it meant car door could not be locked, could not get keys to go into my house or to the doctors office, etc. We lost our hotel reservations and money since the battery died after the key was stuck in the ignition for hours over the Independence Day weekend and the dealerships were close.

After spending more than a week in the dealership and them troubleshooting the issue - with the keys sticking in the ignition some days and with it coming out some days, with difficulty, the dealership diagnosed the issues with the lock cylinder being damaged and requiring replacement to a tune of nearly $400. GM and dealership basically said, "Tough luck - you're not covered by warranty."

Like many GM SUV and truck owners, my dash has cracked in multiple places. Even though my vehicle is out of warranty, I decided to contact GM Customer Care to see if there is a recall or resolution. It is obvious that this is a chronic problem for several year models. My first contact consisted of sending an email from the GM Customer Care website. I received a confirmation, then had to provide a lot of other information so they could properly review my problem. After a week of not hearing anything from GM, I called them only to find that my claim had been closed. When I inquired as to why it was closed, I was told that the person handling my case must have closed it. This required a new case to be opened, repeat of the same information, etc.

About a week later I received a call from GM Customer Care to tell me that they had contacted my dealer and are waiting to hear back from them to see if they have a resolution. I would have thought that the dealer would have to contact GM to see if there is a resolution. A week later I received a call from GM Customer Care telling me that the dealer does not have a resolution for this problem so nothing will be done to fix the cracks. I then wrote this email to Mr. Dan Ammann, President of GM:

"I am reaching out to you because of a problem with my Denali. I have made several calls to customer service and they have no solution for my problem. The dashboard has cracked in three places... at the instrument panel and at the airbag panel on the passenger side. I would expect better quality on a top of the line GMC product. There are many articles on the internet concerning this problem and it appears that there are thousands of people having the same problem. I also see on the internet that GM has no plans to recall or provide any solution to the problem. As a loyal and long time GMC customer (This is my 4th Denali and 6th GM SUV), I expect more from GM. I found it interesting that GM Customer Service has to contact my dealer, Allen Tillery GMC in Hot Springs, AR, to find out if they have a solution to the problem. I would expect that GM would be the authority, not the dealer.

"This morning I received a call from GM customer service advising me that they have contacted my dealer and 'unfortunately, the dealer told them that they are not providing any solution for this issue'. This caused me to attempt to contact you directly. As President of GM I expect you to be the person in the know. If you are not aware of this problem, I want to make you aware of it, although, since a number of lawsuits have been filed, I would expect that you are very aware of the problem. My question for you is what is GM going to do about all of these cracking dashboards?

"I am currently looking at joining one of the existing Class Action Lawsuits against GM or filing my own lawsuit to get a resolution. If there is no resolution through my contact with you or through legal routes, I cannot, in good conscience, ever buy another GM product or support my local GM dealer by buying from them or using them for service. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to your quick response."

Surprisingly, Mr. Ammann's email is blocked by GM's servers, so the email will never reach his eyes, unless someone at GM happens to see this review and gives it to him. The odds are about the same as winning Powerball of that happening. I also copied the email to my local dealer Allen Tillery GMC with no response. It is my opinion that GM has reached a size that they don't have to care about customers or more importantly, returning customers. It wasn't too many years ago that we, the people, were bailing them out. How quickly they forget. GM products will no longer be considered when I shop for my next vehicle.

After work was completed on the blower switch the light to the fan control did not work. I contacted GMC due to the fact that the dealer refused to fix the problem. I contacted GMC and did not receive help for the problem. The light was working right before the repair and did not work after. Has anyone else experience the same problem?

I bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox in Feb, 2015. I was given a carfax and told, "appears there are no serious issues or repairs." # mo. later had a 1,500 repair - GM picked up half as timing chain had an added extd warranty due to many failures. It was THEN I was told about MANY EXTD WARRANTY ISSUES BEING fixed before 80,000 on my car! Now at 114,000 I have complete trans. failure!! I was told "Oh well."

I didn't get the extended warranty at 104,000 when I bought it because I was assured the car had NO major issues. GM WILL DO NOTHING although there are HUNDREDS of complaints online about the 2010 transmission failing. The dealer wants 4,000 to fix it. It will be returned and repo'd as I can't pay for it, and I can't fix it. Thanks GM. CAR is a lemon from the word GO!! As many people who have a failed transmission on this car, there should be a RECALL or another extd warranty. I will go back to a foreign car! I will never own a GM again.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Z71. Since the vehicle was picked up at the dealer, the truck was pulling to the right. Not drifting, it was pulling. Wasted time out of my day and brought it back to the dealer. They aligned the front end. When picked up it was still pulling to the right. I decided to bring it to a dealer closer to my office and they aligned the front end again and rotated the tires. Lo and behold, still pulling. I dropped it off again and they adjusted the steering sensor and rotated the tires from left to right. Still pulling. I called GM and after being on hold for over 45 minutes they told me they would look into it. 4 days later they called me and said it might be the tires and they are not covered under warranty that I would have to contact Goodyear. I have no idea what to do next. My advice: STAY AWAY FROM GM PRODUCTS. THEY DON'T CARE ONE BIT ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS OR CUSTOMERS.

Purchased new 2017 Chevy Volt with 24 miles on it 5/25/16. Drove from dealer 4 miles to home and into garage. Plug car in and did not use for 3 days. Returned to car and it was DEAD. Had towed to dealer and learned bad battery which was replaced and informed all was good. Drove two days while overnight charging. Then it sat for 4 days, no drive and plugged in. Car battery died again and is being towed to dealer a second time (100 miles & less than 15 days since taking delivery). Not pleased at all.

I bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox 2 years ago and in the last 6 months, I have had nothing but issues. In January I had to have my timing belts replaced (under warranty), then in April there was a issue with the motor using too much oil. They had to replace half the motor (which was under a special warranty). Fast forward to last week, the transmission went!!! I took it back to the dealership just to find out that the 5 yr warranty had expired in the beginning of the month (never knew this was only good from the first time it was bought off the lot.) The dealership was able to get GM to cover a portion of it but I would still have to pay $1600 out of pocket. I feel that they should cover more than that stating all the issues I have been having.

I called GM and spoke with a Kathy. She pretty much told me that I should be grateful that they are helping me at all and I can either take the offer or leave it. And that I should discuss with my family the best choice for us as the consumer. Appalling customer service, when asked to speak to someone higher up she told me that she was pretty high up and the decision is already made. I will never buy another Chevy. Buyer beware!

In 2013 we've purchased 2011 Chevy Traverse with 30,000 miles and ever since we had so many issues with it!!! From engine to traction control issues, engine leak. The car has 90,000 miles and the AC wasn't working - just on the side note we live in Wisconsin and we use AC 3 months out of the year. After check up we were told that the motor in a front fan needed to be replaced. After we paid $300 for that the AC still wasn't working, so we took it back to the shop and we were told that there is a leak in the AC system which will cost $650 to get it fixed!!! 2 weeks later the car's engine breaks down. We contacted General Motors and we were told that the warranty has expired and they can't do anything for us!!! Can someone please advise me what can be done for the General Motor to step up their game and take responsibility for this crap???

Left the dealership with a brand new 2016 Buick Enclave on 5-14-16 and returned to the dealership with a flat left front tire on 5-16-16. Not complaining about anything on the dealership end, but the roadside assistance is a joke. Have never needed to use it before, THANK GOD, and will never try to use it again. My husband put the donut spare on himself because no one was available anywhere to assist us. Gave the address where we were but no one could find us so they said. What good is having a service available to use if you can't get use out of it? My husband and I would have still been stranded 'til today 5-16-16 if he didn't put a spare on himself. My suggestion is DO NOT offer ASSISTANCE if you can't follow through when a customer needs it.

I have been without a vehicle for 8 weeks now for a GM defective clutch and the only answer I am getting is that they are remanufacturing the part and there is no ETA. Who can I complain to besides GM customer satisfaction department? I want to speak to someone for my loss of use.

Calling GM customer service is a waste of time and effort. "Little to nothing is accomplished" describes their service, not to mention the misinformation and poor, poor customer care. Better to file a formal complaint with the FTC. People who buy GM vehicles beware. There is relatively zero customer service, from the GM perspective. Consumers deserve better.

I am writing to complain about Ed Morse Buick GMC Mazda Autoplaza 10133 US Highway 19 Port Richey, FL 34668 727-862-5411. My 81-year-old mother purchased her Buick from the dealership and returned for just motor oil and a cabin filter service at 34k miles and was sold more service than the automobile needed completed. The total bill should have come to $107.95 but she was sold and charged $657.06 for work that was not required. My mother trusted the service adviser and was misled the car needed service performed that would not be required until 150k miles based on GM standards. I feel Ed Morse's service adviser took advantage of an elderly customer that relied on a trusted source for car service similar to relying on a financial adviser for advice.

The company policy seems to be to recommend service to unaware elderly people concerned for their car's care and then not to offer customer coupons on their website for a savings. The 2012 Buick is new with only 34,387 miles and the service attendant sold automatic transmission fluid replacement, brake fluid replacement, induction service repair work and tire rotation on 3/31/2016 that when only an oil change was needed. The service attendant did not offer the customer coupons for free tire rotation with purchase of oil, $10 off cabin filter or the spend and save offer for the service performed for $75.

Since I help manage my mother with her monthly bills and when I learned of a motor oil and filter charge of $657.06 I was beside myself and went to confront the Service Manager for taking advantage of an elderly lady just needing an oil and filter change. We discussed that the replacement of automatic transmission fluid, brake fluid and induction service was not required and my mom was misled into purchasing these services for a 34k mile car. The service manager affirmed she would be refunded with a check of $189.86 plus a free oil change. My expectation was to be credited $486.76 for work not required for misleading an elderly lady on service. At this time we have not received credit to resolve this issue and expect $486.76.

We are old retired people - bought new 2010 silverado - it has 35,000 miles on it - put new tires on it. They are touring in -- had it to the mechanic today - to rotate tires and a line it -- he called and the tie rods need to be replaced - when we bought it it came with a warranty but we also bought the extended warranty --called gm it expired 5 months ago - talked to 2 diff. women. The last 1 was a smart alec - too bad --- cost me almost 500.00 - yes we are on social security -- and same ON GM - TOLD HER WE WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER CHEVY. MY 2001 EXPLORER IS BETTER THAN THAT HUNK OF JUNK.

It is really bad and shame on GM to have a complaint from customer for more than 17 months without resolving the issue that have found in the vehicle. It is kind of stealing people time and health. And I can say it is kind of procrastination to make the product out of warranty and forcing the customer to pay the price of faked warranty. I've already lost my time with the dealer without having minimum profit. I tried to explain for GM that I've got troubles with my Malibu 2012, but unfortunately they didn't consider it as a serious issue. Staff in GM has only the ability to ask the customer to take the vehicle to the dealer for service and checks, but they don't have the ability of sending a professional expert for diagnosing electrical and mechanical problems and find the suitable solutions.

I know many Malibu owners who have same troubles with their vehicles, but they really get upset from the dealer and from products that come through GM. They don't want to waste their time within leader border or waiting a weak respond from GM. This lead customer to do service in other service centers that can be trusted more than GM service centers and more cheaper.

For my personal issue, I went to the main service center for Chevrolet to do normal service and a check for engine light is on. Staff told me that they rectified the error. After about 50 km only, Engine light came back again, and then I took the vehicle to another service branch that belongs to GM/Dealer. Technician remove intake camshaft sensor on Engine, cleaned it by spray and air, and then put it back again. We went for road test to confirm that issue has gone. At that time no engine light comes on. After two hours Engine Light came back again. At this moment Dealer ask me to pay for checking and repairing. Where is the hell of warranty? It went immediately after the Gauge turns 100000 km (strategy of stealing customer money).

I went to check the noise that comes from the wheels while driving. After road test and changing tire positions, they (dealer workshop) accuse the type of tires as it is the source of the noise. I checked my Malibu on my own. The Tech. informed me that the noise comes from the bearing that in long time the noise will increase and it will be necessary replaced by a new one. Surely, that result comes after several tests. I checked my Malibu on my own with electrician and he found that it has shortage in current in which causing flickering in lights and some movement issue. Light flickering is an issue that couldn't be solved by GM dealers. I'll be happy if this message will be forwarded to the Regional Director of General Motors. Where I can find the truth and who is responsible about such trouble?

This is a customer has Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 2012. I got several troubles in different times. First I faced trouble in the A/C and it is solved. Recently it shows bad performance so I need to restart the engine. Then I found trouble in the touch button of the screen, and after complaint the dealer replaced the whole unit. After some time I notice that the vehicle has slow respond when I press on the accelerator to take off again if I reduce speed or if I want to increase it. The other problem is the flickering in the cabin lights that can be distinguished well and it can indicate that there is another problem in the vehicle, and unfortunately the dealer or GM couldn't solve this issue from long time.

Last situation that I face with such model is that the engine shut off suddenly after it vibrate in strange way and the light of the check engine is turn on. After starting engine again there is a huge consumption of fuel and the smell of fuel is too much. I would like from you to give me the good way to solve such troubles. I was with contact with the GM to solve this troubles but I didn't get the suitable solutions that eliminate the whole problems.

Troubles in list: Engine shut off suddenly on the road without any previous announcement. Slow respond from accelerator when need to speed up. Flickering in lights. Delay in the displayed timing. A/C components make noise and not cooling efficiently. Front Pumper in not fixed properly, so it starts tears slowly. Noise comes from bearing, and it increases with time. Dealer is not qualified to handle such products. Expensive spare parts. RECOMMENDATION: It is advised not buy GM products. If you buy a new product (car) means that you want to get relax with using it for at least 5 years without complaining or repairing. But with GM products, you will lose your time and money and nobody form GM will consider or respect that. I think it is time to let all people know about the fact of GM.

The 8 speed transmission is DANGEROUS! No other way to say it. The hesitations and stuttering issues are countless. After sharing my safety concerns, GM says it's just "how the transmission performs". I've driven plenty of V8 engines with various transmissions and never had this issue. It is NOT SAFE! The fact that GM is just shrugging this off is quite concerning. They have offered no help with this problem and passed the responsibility to the dealer. 100% unhappy. I will never buy a GM again and will recommend to everyone I know to do the same. BEWARE!

Sad... to say the least... my family like many working paycheck to paycheck. I took our Truck a 2011 in for a tapping sound in engine. It was driving just fine. That made all kind of false claims. 1st aftermarket parts in engine they could not prove. 2nd they claimed that a engine treatment I had a year ago broke my piston. My Truck only way I have to get to work. They told me I needed a new engine rebuilt one for $5,000 or a new one for $12,000. They said the aftermarket parts and engine treatment I had voided the warranty.

My Truck was towed from their location to a Auto Center where I had an auto expert look at my Truck. He stated they destroyed my engine. I ask him if he would sign a affidavit. He did. Stating that this dealership destroyed my engine and did other damage. I have a GM case number. My guy has all the affidavits to question anyone about this issues. I have spoken to him once in three weeks. Emailed and scanned and Faxed documents and instruments. No answer, no help... keep waiting... keep waiting... rent a car $800 a month plus keeping truck payment current is killing us. Can't last much longer. Single dad need help...

Own a 2011 Chevy Malibu and it started acting weird in late February 2016. Finally it just about stopped on the road so I called the dealership. He looked up my car (because I had been there before for service and a recall) and informed me my PowerTrain warranty was already expired. Mind you this wasn't even what I was asking about - I wanted to know if I could bring the car in to be looked at. So immediately it was off-putting. After he told me it was expired, he said they were extremely busy and I could 'try to bring it in but no guarantees'. Well, since he was such a gentleman I obviously said no thanks and hung up. If my warranty is expired, it's common knowledge that dealerships are more expensive so I figured I would take it to a local mechanic instead. Turns out the transmission needed a rebuild. It was completely shot. We are already living paycheck to paycheck so I immediately started to panic.

Googling how much a repair like this costs and I was terrified... thousands of dollars. Either way, it had to be done because that is my only form of transportation. After a couple different mechanics looking at it, we settled on a mechanic in our town that specializes in transmissions. Got it fixed and it was a little over $3000. Not sure what possessed me to log in to the General Motors website, but I decided to just to see if there was anything out there as far as the transmissions on these particular cars. I had been reading up online and apparently transmission issues are very common in the model I have.

After I entered my VIN, I saw that my Powertrain had NOT been expired as of the day I called for an appointment. It actually still had a full 24 hours on it! Cutting it close, but nonetheless! Either the service rep LIED because they were busy and he didn't want to deal with me or he just couldn't read a calendar. Either way, I have been screwed by GM and Paul Masse Chevrolet in East Providence, Rhode Island. Have been battling with GM Customer Service and all they can tell me is that dealerships are privately owned and they would like to offer me a year of SiriusXM or OnStar for my troubles. I'm not giving up... The rep I spoke to was so slow to respond to me. Every time she said she would call the next day, and 2-3 days later she'd finally call to say 'she was still working on it and trying to talk to the dealership'. So basically I had to pay for their error, and they won't claim responsibility for their employees. It is disgusting.

From day one this car has had nothing but problems. We brought it to the dealers attention that the rear driver tail light needed replacing while ON their lot to purchase it. Was brushed off (should have been the 1st clue). Continued problems with Navigation unit, Radio, Heater, A/C, Infotainment issues; drive train and/or transmission, door handles constantly breaking and the dealership here in Tallahassee could care less. Have 2 open tickets with GMC and STILL not getting anywhere. Being dyslexic and fully disabled/handicapped; my husband bought this car specific to help me. NOT happy!!

I own an 05 Avalanche as well as two Suburbans (99 and 09). I have had problems the last few years with the blower motor in my avalanche not working on all speeds, but since I was way past the normal warranty period, I decided to live with it until it stopped working completely. That happened about 6 months ago. I decided to go online for a video on how to fix the problem and lo and behold I find out that I should have been sent a letter from GM about the problem that extended the warranty. I never received these so I decided to call customer. By the way, I have Onstar service, and that would have been a great place to advise me of the problem and extended warranty.

After explaining my situation with the first customer service rep, she said that there was an extended warranty for the problem and that I was outside of the coverage period. But, she continued, "if you get go to a GM dealer and get it properly diagnosed we will still be able to help you out". I responded, "you can still do something even though the warranty is out of date?" She responded, "yes, just call back after you have been to the dealership and have the paperwork." I told her, "I can fix the problem myself if there is not going to be any coverage." She replied to get the truck diagnosed by GM and call back.

So I went to the dealership and had it properly diagnosed as the problem, and had it fixed to a rate of almost $400. So then I called customer service back and got a different rep, who pulled up my file. She happened to be a tier 2 rep. She reviewed my file for a few minutes while putting me on hold, then came back and said," I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do for you." I asked her to pull up the conversation that I had with the first rep, and she said that the first rep had given me improper information. I said "that's great" because that improper info cost me $400 instead of maybe $150 if I fix it myself. After battling back and forth with several managers over this they said as far as they are concerned that this was a "she said-he said" problem and they were not going to accept any fault. They said they could not find the original conversation transcripts.

My family has been buying GM vehicles since 1974. Having spent 100's of thousands of dollars at their dealerships and they have no problem losing my business because one of their reps screwed up and they don't have the balls to put the customer first. Goodbye GM. You will never find me at one of your dealerships again. You've lost one more loyal customer!!!

GM Customer Service Company Profile