Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
2.02/5
Based on 41 reviews that contain star ratings

Medford, NY

Here at generation Kia our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction at all times. After moving from our Medford location to our current location at 4825 sunrise hwy Bohemia in July of 2013 our customer satisfaction has improved tremendously. Our new location is a state of the art 37,000 square foot facility on 8 acres with an enclosed service drive which allows our customers to pull in out of the elements, great feature during rain or snow. 3 flat screen TV's in all our waiting areas, 2 customer lounges, coffee bar, Internet bar, 20 car state of the art showroom, accessories corner and most importantly the nicest employees you will ever meet. So come on down, browse our huge inventory while your children enjoy our play room. No pressure, no hassle, just great hospitality by all our employees. Come on in and let us roll out the red carpet for you!

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

42 Generation KIA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2013

Agreed on a price only to find out I was billed for hundreds more than the agreed price. Was told the car came with the balance of the warranty, only to find out at delivery that we had to buy warranty on a 2-yr-old car for $1900. Car came with one Key and was told we had to buy a new one for around another $200. Car wasn't even detailed or cleaned properly on delivery from "The Dealer"... AND....here come the blatant FRAUD... Car was advertised with 27637 miles, written on the DMV form as 27,856 miles. When we left the parking lot we discovered it had an odometer reading of... 29,286 miles!! Talk about BS after BS...unreal. PEOPLE...STAY AWAY!!!

Resolution response: Aug. 18, 2014

Update as promised. A few weeks ago, a manager from Generation Kia reached out to us. Since he had no clue as to what had transpired during our visit to his showroom, I was more than happy to update him and advised him to go to his video to get a better understanding. After hearing me out, Mr. ** understood how we felt during our ordeal and how we were mistreated.

He too came off extremely disappointed as to the lack of service that was rendered to us. But to get to the chase, after speaking to Mr. **, he came off as someone that understood our concerns and that he could not do enough for us to get us back to a satisfied status. His commitment to his customers was of his concern so much so, that at the end of our conversation, he extended himself and his service dept and had an additional piece of equipment installed in the vehicle at NO cost to us. He also extended himself to us by giving us his direct number if and whenever needed (Hoping never to have to use it except to say hello) Just wanted to share an update status to say, Generation Kia in the end came through. As quickly as we had noted a complaint, I had to just as quickly say...Generation Kia...I will recommend your showroom but first will have them meet Mr. **. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2013

On Oct 19 went to this dealer with my son and my husband. We spent three hours there if not more inquiring about a vehicle. Took a vehicle on the road test and then decided we go move forward with it. Now we stepped into a circus event. After spending three hours or more negotiating a price on a vehicle we noticed how things are starting to change and get a little choppy with price. We went in there intending to get a lease vehicle which they say they offer leases. We explained to them the times that we were looking for and they were fine with it. Andrew who has the patience of a saint kept running back and forth, back and forth getting us pricing. When it was being decided that it was going to be a lease they asked us if we had a vehicle that we were driving which we told him we did it was a Camry. We were then told because it was a Camry that we would get a $500 credit towards the lease.

Well needless to say it was now time for us to wait for our approval. Andrew called us and told us we had been approved for the lease. When we get there they tell us they need insurance info in which they call. As they are getting the insurance information we keep asking them to give us the terms on this vehicle and all of a sudden we are realizing is no longer a lease but it turned into a retail vehicle. We are sitting in front of the finance man Michael ** who tells us that we can't get a lease because of the credit we have and that it would be a retail. I'm only asking about the $500 credit for the Camry. He has no clue what we even talking about. Mike the finance man says it is no $500 credit. So here comes now the lies!!

All along from the very beginning we are told until that night it is a lease vehicle which magically turns into a retail vehicle and there is no $500 credit. Mike goes and tells us that we owe him $200 for the final down payment which is required for the deposit. All along they knew what they were doing they kept telling us it was going to be a lease for 36 months, they gave us the lowdown monthly payment and then magically it turned into a retail with a higher monthly payment on a longer term. The way they were acting this is not the first time they have done this game... this is the bait and switch.

After we got the vehicle they called us up in a day or two and explained to us that we owe them more money for the down payment and that they were short funds. Mind you, we have the keys, we drove the car home, took the car to work and they call to harass us saying that we owe them money. Their finance department mid-calculates and we got a call from the finance guy Mike saying he's going to come and pick up the vehicle. Such a bunch of rude idiots there. Nothing but thugs. They harassed and threatened us when the error was on their end. They all mislead people and then do the switch bait game.

I will never ever go back to Generation Kia, never recommend anybody. Do not go there. Rude and incompetent. The manager if he even cares needs to review the video tapes there and start firing them. I am sure this is not the first time that they miscalculated and put the blame on the customer. FIRE THEM ALL and start anew. Customer service is not in their vocabulary.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2013

Generation Kia had this guy, "Albert", working for them, a supposed financial expert. After being in there for 7 hrs with my pregnant girlfriend, he finally tells me I have 2 options: 1) finance the car for X amount, or option 2) lease the car and pay almost $600. I tell him that neither one will work because not only are the payments too high but a lease would not work for me because I travel a lot. I thank him and tell I'm sorry for the time he has wasted. He tells me to give him a moment, comes back and tells me that he has another option. He tells me that since my credit score is not high enough, they can't get better rates, but if he puts me on a lease for 6 months and make my payments on time, in 6 months time I could buy out the car and my payments would be a lot lower.

I tell him that it would still not work because I had a budget of $400/mo., so he tells me that they (Generation Kia) would send me checks to cover the remainder of the $585 monthly payment and that I would only pay $400 out of my pocket. I signed the contract, didn't think of asking him to put that in writing for me at that moment, and so we leave with a brand new car. I then remember about that deal, called him multiple times to ask him to put that in writing fo me, never did and never got back to me. I let it slip through my mind.

Then 6 months passed, went back to the dealership asked for Albert, and got told that he was no longer with them. After asking several times why he wasn't there, somebody finally told me that he had gotten fired, and was now being pursued by police because they had pressed charges against him. So I tell them the deal and they tell me there's nothing they can do and were even shocked about the 3 checks that were sent to me. They tell me that my best option would be to get another car and return the lease. So now, I get in touch with my financial institution, and they tell me that if I return it, I'm going to have to pay them a lot of money (over 5 grand). Bottom line is, I got screwed, and there's nothing they (Generation Kia) can do.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2013

This place is a scam. They tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy a car. They lied about everything and violated the TILA (Truth in Lending Act). They didn't tell me the APR and lied about the monthly payments. I went back several times to get justice and they just tell me there is nothing they can do for me. Well now, I have a lawsuit pending because of their illegal behavior. This place will lie and cheat you. Please do not go to Kia Generation to get a car.

Original review: July 29, 2013

I recently purchased a used car from Generation Kia in Medford. I saw this car online and it was advertised for 11,000, on my bill of sale it was selling price of 12,538. After viewing my statement from the financial institution that I am financing the car through, it said my pay off balance was 12,325. I put down 6,000 in cash so it didn't make sense to me at the time why I was financing so much money. When I went there, I spoke with a finance manager named Scott. He said that he has to speak with his general manager. His general manager called me that Monday and explained that I purchased a 5 year plan for window etching that cost me 3995. I never signed anything for this and it was never explained to me and I have no paperwork on it. The day that I picked up my car I was told that they had did the window etching but no one told me I was paying so much money for it! Scam artists!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generation KIA?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2012

I was inquiring about a vehicle and I was told by an internet sales agent (Felicia **) that the vehicle was here. She was very vague on the phone and assured me that the vehicle was there and said I had to come in to get any information on the vehicle. I should have known from the unprofessional and rude demeanor she gave off on the phone that I should have stayed clear of this dealership! I went to the dealership and was approached by a salesman. He clearly had no idea what vehicle I was talking about, said the vehicle wasn't here and then showed me other vehicles. I picked out a vehicle and decided on the Kia Optima. They started the paperwork and sat with Al. Everything seemed to be going well. I left a deposit (biggest mistake ever!) and took the vehicle home. The next day, I got a phone call from the salesman saying the deal didn't go through! I was under the pretense that it did! Why else would you let me take the car home?! All in all, I didn't buy my car there! It's a waste of time and it takes forever to get your deposit back! Debbie is so rude and seems lazy when giving deposits back! Never again!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I went to Generation Kia and indicated to the salesperson that we had already test driven the 2012 Kia Sorento and just wanted to see if we could get a competitive price from their dealership. The salesperson's first question was "what is your mortgage payment?". I told him that I wanted to know a price for the car before I gave any personal information. He went to the "manager nest" and came back. He then said that we should test drive the car. I told him I had already test driven the car and just wanted to start off with a price. He went back to the manager's nest and came back saying that the manager was not interested in selling us a car. I asked if he could come to talk with us.

The salesperson said that he was too busy to talk with us. I got up and walked to the manager's nest and the "manager" was discussing cooking recipes with a salesperson. I asked him if the recipes conversation was more important than talking to a customer and he said "yes" and that I "should leave because he wasn't interested in selling me anything". I told my husband that this obviously was a shotty dealer and that we are fortunate not to have any business with them and left. My overall experience with regard to the 'stars' was zero, but this site does not allow you to put a zero so I had to default to one star. They are definitely not one star.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2011

It was false advertising. We saw a car on their website that we want to purchase, but when we sat down they wanted to tap on additional fees if your credit score is not 790 or higher (which was not specified in the ad). The price they post on the website (pre-own vehicle) is the price just to get in the door, but they do not honor that price.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

This dealership is the type that gives all car dealers a bad name. I am so outraged that they can lie to a customer, and omit and deceive for their own gain. On Sunday I received an advertisement in the mail boasting a bank-owned and government pre-owned vehicles auction event and that they have these entire bank-owned vehicles for sale at great prices, "Bring all your pertinent documents and pay stubs so you can drive away with your new car".

When I think of bank-owned anything, I thought that there would be a great saving because the banks are looking to unload these inventories of repossessed vehicles but I was still very skeptical but still went anyway. When I arrived and found no auction and what just seemed to be business as usual,

I started looking at about, maybe, fifty used cars in inventory spread out in four lines of about 10-15 cars in each prices ranged from about 15K and up.

I was then approached by sales man Al ** when I asked him where the "auction" was he looked puzzled and said what auction. I then asked about government-owned vehicles as in the ad. His response there was where did I hear that.

I then asked him about these bank-owned cars, still puzzled he gestured to the first two lines of cars in front, those are all bank-owned. He asked me what car did I like and I indicated the Lincoln MKS. These cars had no pricing visible on them so when I asked the price he replied and said they don't like to just give prices until I drive the car. I pressed the issue but he said he wasn't allowed. This is how it's done here.

I found this a little unusual. Why the secret? He said he would set up a test drive. When I drove the car I liked it and asked the price once again. His reply was, well, make an offer and we will call the bank and submit the offer. I had no idea what to offer and when I again pressed that I wanted the price he then asked for all my personal info and discussed trade-in and financing. He went to his manager, came back several minutes later with a price of $33,500.

I thought that that was very high and more than I can afford. He then assured me that I could make an offer and see what the bank says. After several back and forth bids, we agreed at a price of $26,000 with my trade and we shook hands. Thinking this was a good deal I accepted the offer and proceeded to sign a contract for the car at the bottom of the contract in red ink, there was a disclaimer that said I in short that this contract is contingent on my being able to obtain a loan.

When I questioned Al about the disclaimer he assured me that that's to protect me, then he asked how I would be paying for the car. I didn't know and indicated that I was open to possible dealer financing, of course that would depend on the interest rate they would be charging me. He then indicated that the Finance Manager was off that day but I could take the car and talk to him on Monday. I then gave him a $2500 deposit of which I received a receipt, he then assured me that it will be refunded if I cannot obtain a loan.

I was convinced that the deal was done except for financing and car prep that was to be performed on Monday. Al then called my insurance company and had it switched over to the new car and they sent him a document to prove I had adequate insurance on the new car. I then called my bank on Monday to at least see what their rate will be and they quoted me a rate and approved it at 4.05%. At that juncture I still didn't know the details of the financing the dealer was offering.

On Monday evening 9/12/11, I went to see the Finance Manager Scott **. He offered me a finance rate of 5.9%, which I found to be very high compared to my bank. I then told him that I could do better elsewhere. He then proceeded to try to sell me an extended warranty agreement for an additional 3K. I wasn't interested. He then offered me a deal that if I bought this contract he would take 2 points off the rate he originally quoted me. This all sounded a fishy to me so I declined all offers.

He then informed me that I did not have any choice so I had to take this or the deal is off. I was very surprised to hear this and I was not happy about it. Scott informed me that I should have known this very important part of the deal and asked if didn't Al give me all the details including an estimate on my payment amount. I responded "no". He was not at all happy to hear this. Again I responded no and that Al never told me that my sale was contingent on getting the loan from your dealership exclusively. This should have been on the contract. I never heard of this any time during the negotiations with Al or anyone especially since it is not printed on the contract at all. It seemed to me that Scott was a fair person and would not push the issue on the financing. Scott proceeded in helping to secure a loaner car for a couple of days until my new car is ready to be picked up.

The next day on 9/13, I called to speak to Al only to find out he was still out. I then had a conversation with a person named Ron, he was filling in for Al that day. I requested him to send me the documentation for the bank financing after speaking with someone, he refused to send me anything and said that I had to speak to Scott on this matter. Scott now told me that the deal is off and they are refunding my deposit. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said I got the car at rock bottom price, there was no profit in this for them. The only way to make any money was to secure financing and a service agreement. That's the deal, take it or leave it. I informed him that this was immoral and probably illegal. I said will file a complaint with the Attorney General of NY he replied to go ahead.

I then decided not only to file a complaint but to contact their corporate headquarters. I called the dealership and asked for Tom, the General Manager. After asking my name, she replied that he was out of the office. I asked if I could speak to anyone else, she said they're all with customers and they will just call me back. I then asked for their corporate phone number, but her reply was there is no corporate office. I never received a return call from the manager Tom.

I made many inquiries to get their number, 1-888-843-7432. I called on 9/14 and had a conversation with Corporate General Mgr. Bob **. When I explained the situation he was outraged and told me he would get to the bottom of it right away. He called me that day at 5:30 PM and notified me he would call me back by 10:00 AM the following day. I never heard back. I tried to reach out to him leaving messages and received no reply.

Later that day on 9/14, I received a call from Tom ** informing me that the deal is off and to come get my car. I tried to reason with him to no avail. I then told him that they were breaking the law, that he was in breach of contract. His reply was to bring my loaner back today and that my car would be waiting, and hung up.

I called the Corporate Office again on 9/15 t0 9/16 and left messages for the owner, someone named Anthony. I never received a return call. To date. I still have not received a refund on my deposit. I plan to pursue this with my credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

This dealership is unbelievably rude! I called about a car that I saw online on 9/27 and they told me that it was sold. They called me back the next day to tell me about another car that was available, but would not give me any other information about it. The salesman named Dave refused to give me a price and wouldn't give me any information such as if the car had leather interior, etc. As he was talking to me, he told me that he was looking right at it, but refused to give me any information about it. He told me that I had to come in. He also said that the pricing would depend on my credit! I told him that I wanted to pay cash and he told me that the price would be $4,000 more! I then asked to speak to a manager and he told me that no one was available and hung up on me. I called back and the secretary left me on hold for half an hour. I will never deal with these people because they are crooks.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2011

I was researching cars online and came across an ad for Generation Kia, which seemed worthwhile. After driving for an hour and a half, we got to the dealership. No one greeted us. I had to ask for someone to come help. When I asked about a Honda CR-V, the salesperson insisted we take a test drive. I asked for pricing several times. Still, the salesperson was not able to give one. Then, he handed us a paper with different credit scores, which reflect the amount of a discount we may or may not receive. The online ad did not specify discount based on credit scores. To add insult to injury, the salesperson still couldn't give a price without me giving all my personal information, which included the amount of rent I pay. When we were about to leave, he said, "Please wait." He went to his manager and then came back. And he said that he couldn't give us a price without my info "cause that's how it's done around here." Needless to say, we drove for an hour and a half for their gimmicks! It was Sunday, Aug 14, 2011.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2011

I've had the worst car buying experience at this dealership. The nightmare lasted for 7-8 months now. I bought a car from them June of '09 and they said they'll turn my leased car in themselves. 7 months later, the leased car that they were supposed to turn in is still at their dealership and still on my name. So I had to pay Nissan for another 2 months as I'm still liable for it.

And that's not the worst part. The car that I bought from them 7 months ago just broke down and cost me $1,045.00 in repairs. I don't even know if it's worth asking them to fix it. I have been passed around to so many agents within the company that I think I spoke with just about every one of them there. They also own generation Kia in Medford and that's a whole different story. These scums should be put out of business! I will join any class action suit against these bastards!

Generation KIA Company Information