Don's Used Cars

Commerce, GA

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On April 3 2015 I purchased a 1999 Chrysler automobile. As soon as I got all the paperwork finished, I left to go to Gainesville, GA. As soon as I hit downtown, my car went dead and would not crank. I called Don's and a wrecker out. Of course the car cranked up. I went immediately back to Jefferson, again car went out. They never made it home, they came and got the car about a whole day later. You this time, we tried to talk with the salesman about not taking the car. After sitting on the side of the road a few times, I tried talking to my salesman. The owner even pulled a loan person visiting for business into his office in front of me and twice slammed the door in my face.

So I finally got the car and did not make it home again 'til it went dead. The owner had at the point promised if it wasn't done by five, he would let me get a diligent one. The mechanic fixed a wire and called it ready so the owner would not have to find another car. Another day or two later I get the car; it is running correctly. Most of the time. All in all, the first week my car was kept in service there. I asked to be compensated but was refused. The people there are the rudest people I have ever dealt with AND I am retired from retail sales. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am 55-year old female with a disability. I cannot be breaking down all the time and NO ONE there cared at all. I have never received any receipt or order # for this.

I purchased a Ford Mustang 2004 with 167,590 miles on September 21, 2012. I had a list of things I needed to be checked out and Don's Used Cars assured me that they would take care of everything. The list of things were: check engine light, tires, window on passenger side, arm rest and the upholstery on the roof inside the car was coming down. I did get tires, they glued the arm rest and the upholstery to the roof. It was a shabby work so I had to take it back in for an appointment to get the window fixed, which they did.

Now, the check engine light never went off. On October 6, 2012, the engine blew. No panicking at all because I have a warranty, right? Limited warranty. The dealer will pay 100% of the labor and 100% of the parts for the covered systems that fail during the warranty period. Engine-internal components, transmission-internal, final drive assembly-internal comp - all covered, right? Wrong! Don's Used Cars said that it happened externally!

Of course, they would not honor their warranty and would rather treat their customers like crap! I only had the car for 2 weeks! There was no frame damage because I didn't hit anything! This company preys on the vulnerable who are just trying to make it!

I bought a truck from them on April 30, 2010 under warranty. I took it back the next day to get the oil changed and air charged. They changed the oil, told me to make an appointment for the air and transmission. It was slipping. I made an appointment for May 12, 2010. They kept the truck for 3 days only to tell me they never had a chance to start on it. For those 3 days I had been calling, Ashley had been telling me they were working on it. I went and got it. They told me they'd call me when they had an opening and could get to it. They never called. I've been making all my payments. On May 27, 2010, the transmission went out.

I called them. They said they would send their driver right out to get it. He never showed so the next day, I called Ashley. She said their driver was in bed sick. Maybe in a little while or tomorrow he'd come get it. The next day, I called them. They cant find their driver so I paid a wrecker to take it to them. They said "we will start it on Tuesday and sorry, our wrecker has broke down. We just got it fixed today". Okay, so I called them on Wednesday. Ashley said the truck was a drop off and they would get to it when they got to it. I asked for my money back or another car. They said nope, then put a man on the phone who told me he just got it back from the transmission shop and he'd have it fixed by Thursday. He'd call me June 3rd. So I called them back on the 4th since they didn't call me.

Ashley said, "I don't know why James told you that yesterday, but here's what's going on. We had that transmission built in Nov 2009. That man didn't do it right and now we are in disputes with him to see if he's going to fix it or if we got to. But you can call and harass me everyday. We will get it fixed when we can". I asked again for another car or my money. Again, they said no. I called them on Monday, 7th. Another girl answered and said "I don't have any idea what's going on with it". I just said okay and hang up. Now I'm making this report hoping to get help and I haven't made a payment since they have had it. What do I do next? I have had no way of transportation since May 27 and I have 3 kids at home and a fiance who can't get back and fourth to work anymore, so there;s no money coming into the house because they warranty a truck that they won't fix.

On 11-3-2009, I purchased a 2000 Chevy Malibu from this dealer and the car wouldn't pass the emission test so I can get a tag for it. I spoke with Mark, the owner, and he insisted on me to bring the car back to be repaired. So I took the car back the next day, 11-4-2009, and they kept the car for a week and didn't fix it. At this point, I asked Mark if I can exchange the car for a better car. He said no. He told me to come get the car and he will call me when the part comes in. Almost two months went by and they never called.

On 1-11-10, I called and spoke with Ashley and she told me to bring the car in and that they had the part for the car. On 1-12-10, I took the car to them and I had to rent a car to get to work. She told me that the car will be ready on 1-15-10. On 1-15-10 when I called to check on it, Ashley told me that it wasn't ready and she don't know when it will be ready. I told her that I didn't have the money to keep the rental car. She said too bad.

So on 1-20-10, I went to the dealer and the car was sitting around the back of the shop and wasn't being fixed. At this point, I had got the BBB involved because I just wanted my money back. They start screaming at me and told me to just pick another car and that they were not giving me no money back. Now, I have a 2002 Ford Taurus and it won't pass emissions either and they are giving me a hard time again. Please resolve this issue.

Don's Used Cars Company Profile