1.48/5

Save on Repairs

Get the Best Extended Warranty

Get Quotes

43 Lakeland Toyota Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have never had such a great experience at a dealership than I had here... I was on the search of a particular vehicle and they must have sold it by the time I came so I was a little sad but we found another one just like it, a little more expensive, but they approved me and got the deal done... I don’t have the best of credit, currently working on it, and they got me into the car I really wanted...

Plus the sales person Bryton ** was absolutely wonderful, friendly, and an amazing sales person... never did I feel rushed or pushed into this deal... he was so amazing that not only did he get me approved for my car... he got my mom into a brand new 2018 Camry which she’s dreamed of for a long time... after several failed attempts at other dealerships Lakeland Toyota got it done!!! I 100% recommend anyone looking for a new or used car to go to Lakeland Toyota and ask for Bryton... They also have a buy here pay here program so if your credit isn’t that good you still can get approved!!! Thank you Lakeland Toyota!! And thank you Bryton!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

After 3 SUV in less than 3 months - These people are a joke, lack of professionalism, people time and they just love to ruin people’s credit. Promise the world and then can’t keep any of just to get you on the door. Is never their fault and they never EVER take responsibility for their mistakes. Then they pressure consumers with guilt trip turning the tables as if the consumer fault and not the dealership fault. Horrible customer service; upper management make is a joke. They never return calls and middleman they are ALL managers. This place is a circus.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Since we were driving 1 1/2 hours to get to Lakeland Toyota we called ahead to see if the vehicle we were interested in was on the lot. After waiting for the sales rep for 45 mins to come back to us she said they didn’t have it but had two similar vehicles both of which were $2500 more than the one we came to see. She then had the audacity to ask us to wait longer so the manager could thank us for coming in (or she would get yelled at). Before making the drive all the way back home we stopped over at their partner lot next door and the salesman was told us he has never seen a vehicle like the one we were looking for priced at the price shown on their website. Complete waste of 4 hours of our day!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Came in to take advantage of Toyota Sell-a-Thon. Was shown 1 vehicle on internet site and came in next day to look at. After explaining situation to salesperson on vehicle, was shown only a Tundra instead of the Tacoma. After wasting 2 1/2 hours of negotiating on the Tundra there was no sale made. So don't waste your time or effort to go for vehicle there, it's all talk and no satisfaction!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Poor customer service. One of their salespeople came flying through the parking lot, which was over packed with cars and obstructing the view so you couldn't see around each corner, and almost clipped me. After waiting over 30 minutes to talk to the general manager, who I never got to speak to because the customer service reps relayed my complaint, I left. I was never issued an apology or explained anything even after they gathered everyone to the sales floor to figure out who the driver was.

The lady at the front desk simply told me, begrudgingly, "they couldn't find out who the driver was." After I had to go up and ask... Because no one ever approached me. A simple apology would have sufficed. But given they can't even keep track of who sells what cars and who would have been behind the wheel, it goes to show how disorganized they are. I almost wish the idiot would have hit me. That would've been a nice lawsuit and wakeup call to their management. Or, lack thereof. Don't bother even pulling into this place unless you wanna get hit, and don't waste time speaking to anyone. Management couldn't care less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lakeland Toyota?

Original review: July 5, 2018

We bought a used truck from them in May...we traded in a car to put towards the loan on the used truck. It is now JULY and they still have NOT paid off the loan for the car we traded in!!! Which means I have been paying for a car payment for 2 MONTHS on a car that I NO LONGER OWN!!! I am beyond livid at this and our overall experience with the dealership. Not to mention when we first purchased the truck we were told we would be paying a dealership fee, which fine we get and then we were also charged a refurbishing fee...a refurbishing fee of $986.37!!!

I was upset with this thinking there is no way they spent almost a thousand dollars refurbishing this vehicle considering they still hadn’t even changed the oil or detailed it. I asked the manager for a write up of every dollar spent to “refurbish” our vehicle and he said he would get it for me I called for it the next day and nobody could give me to the manager I was speaking with to receive this write up.

They have been shady since we first started dealing with them. Their sales employees were rude to me. And their manager straight up said and I quote, “I would treat your husband better than you, because he is a veteran.” Excuse me!!! Should you not treat ALL of your customers with the same amount of respect and dignity in helping them especially if they are a disgruntled customer looking for help!!! As I said before... NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS DEALERSHIP!!! Spend your money anywhere but here I beg of you!!! P.S. If you see this review on a different site it is because I am spreading as much awareness as I can about this dealership and why you should never work with them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Found a car on their website and set up an appointment with Erlinda. Happen to Google the VIN number and found the same car on another dealers site. Call Erlinda to confirm they actually had the car and she swore they did. After talking with the other dealer I had a hunch Erlinda was outright LYING to me, and sure enough, bought the exact car by VIN number at the other dealer. Erlinda didn't like being called out in her lie. I would never trust this dealership after exposing their loser tactics. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 9, 2018

On January 12, 2015 my 2014 Toyota Corolla newly purchased 09/2014 was involved in an auto-accident. I was referred back to the dealership repair shop Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Toyota located at 2335 US HWY 98 N Lakeland, FL 33805 to get my vehicle repaired. Per Kelly Blue Book before the accident my vehicle was valued at $10,974. The impact occurred on the left side of the vehicle which Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Toyota billed labor at $4,732.27, an additional 536.60 for taxes and for parts $4,993.89 was quoted which is a combined total of $10,273.76. The insurance company did not send anyone to inspect the vehicle, they stated it is up to the manager at the repair facility to make sure all repairs are correct. The repair facility informed me the vehicle was correctly repaired as well and if anything needed to be fixed to contact them.

On 02/23/2018, approximately 3 years later the same 2014 Toyota Corolla was involved in an accident on the left hand side again. An estimate was given from a USAA approved auto body repair facility titled Meisner Paint & Body located at 925 N Massachusetts Avenue Lakeland, FL 33801 who reported unrelated right side damage which I am not disputing there were scrapes and some paint needing to be done on the right side. However Meisner informed me the right side would need to be completely redone due to faulty repairs on the left side with repairs totaling $3,906.48. The insurance company deducted $2,500 from the total claim due to the prior unrelated damage to the vehicle (the repairs that were supposed to be done back in 2015 by Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep).

I immediately reached out to the manager ** who is also listed on the 2015 Claim Estimate paperwork. Mr. ** apologized and stated those who worked on my vehicle were fired, there is a new staff and he would repair the vehicle at no cost as a new manager. I informed him the vehicle has been signed over to the insurance company since it was deemed as a total loss due to the faulty repairs; the repairs exceeded the actual cash value of the vehicle. The general manager ** has denied all responsibility and compensation.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

After agreeing to a price for the vehicle, and putting a large down payment, the finance guy proceeded to charge me an exorbitant rate and I had an exceptionally high credit score. l went back the next day and raised hell and they lowered it to a reasonable rate. Don't do business with this sleazy company and if you shake hands with anybody, make sure you still have your jewelry...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This dealership is not on the up & up!!! Absolutely no customer service!! Took my car in for repair & all they wanted to do was put me in a new car. Amazing. They can't even greet you when you come in for service. Will not return here!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I called and talked to a salesman named Randy and inquired about a older used Prius, 1 owner low miles and a price we could afford. I told him our problem that my health has been bad and I needed something affordable and in good condition. We agreed to come down next afternoon, 8/2. We got 2 emails confirming we were coming down. It is 80 miles away. We had discussed financing and everything. We were only interested in the 2004 Prius with 68k miles for $4550. I called before we left they said he was with a customer. I said I wanted to make sure it was still available but they just said they will tell him. We got there Randy wasn't there, gave us to another salesperson. She told us that car wasn't available. It apparently was a bait car. It was sold a while ago. They drove us 160miles round trip and in my health for nothing. SCAM.

Original review: July 8, 2017

On May 10 2017 my husband and I went to the dealership to have our 2013 Avalon serviced before making our trip back to Illinois. The week before we called in for this appointment. When we arrived we were told we did not have an appointment but to come back at 1:30 and they would service our car. When we came back we also wanted to look at the new RAV4s in stock. Our salesman Dale was very helpful and brought out a hybrid. We were not interested in a hybrid. We told him exactly what we were looking for.

The next day he called and said he had a vehicle meeting what we wanted. We went back to the dealership to see the vehicle without an appointment. The vehicle was everything we wanted less a few things but we started to deal on that vehicle. Dale showed us the workup price including tax title license etc. It was a good deal so we took it. He brought us in to finalize the deal with someone in finance even though we were paying cash. This individual printed all the paperwork out and we began signing until I noticed the price was different from what Dale quoted. He gave us some excuse and by that time we were at the dealership for a few hours.

The next day he called and said we owed an additional 1,000.00. We were not happy campers but wrote the check out. Now this is July 8 and we still have not received the title and license transfer. Nobody including our salesman did not seem to want to help us find out what the hold is. In an attempt to get some help we found a very nice individual that pointed us in the right direction. After reviewing our paperwork she told us that the ball was dropped beginning with the salesman, finance man, and everyone in between. The temp on our car which is our second temp expires tomorrow. I called tags and title 5 days ago to let them know we would need another temp. We do not have our third temp and the second temp expires tomorrow Sunday.

I just hope and pray to our Good Lord that nothing happens while we drive on an expired license temp. I guess we will call again Monday to see what is happening and BEG for another temp. Personally I believe we should be reimbursed something for battle duty. We are so tired of this sales we do not even want the vehicle anymore. If we could trade this in for what we paid for it we would. Any offers?

Original review: May 26, 2017

In this place the Seller Jose ** and Daniel ** manager of finances sold me a Toyota Camry 2009 in poor mechanical conditions. In 8 months go 9 times and Jeremie ** manager of this people. He and they do bit have responsibility about my problems with this car. They cheated, fraud me in very disagree with this BUSINESS. Toyota of Lakewood in Bradenton, Fl.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I bought a black 2011 Toyota Venza from these animals. 2 days later I washed the car. I realized that the running board, the hood and the front bumper was all scratched up. I returned to Lakeland Toyota with the car. Pointed out all the issues I have with car. The managers told me there's nothing they can do because I bought a used car and the scratches and scrapes comes with it. I was so shocked because when they were swiping my credit card there were no scratches. When they were taking down payment... Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever do business with these animals. They have no regards for you after you signed that paperwork. You are on your own. They don't return phone calls and they ignore your messages.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Received letter from Lakeland Toyota offering us 120% Kelley Blue Book for our 2015 Camry. My husband and myself went in on Thursday. Spoke to James **. We purchased a truck from James a year ago. He is excellent! We worked with James that day (4 1/2 hours) along with a finance person Jason. Due to way we were spoke to by Jason we left. Next day spoke to James by phone, explained what it would take for us to purchase another vehicle. James said would call back. When James called back, explained to my husband we had the deal and the paperwork was in his hand, to come in.

When we arrived James had another customer so he gave us keys to new vehicle to bring to front of showroom. We returned to showroom, sat down and someone named Clyde then came to table and took us into room and started to give us sales pitch base on totally different vehicle! We explained we already had deal. Clyde stated the deal was for an XLE not Limited that James said it was on. We left then. This was a dog and pony show to say the least. A total waste of OUR time! James was told ok on our deal by finance department knowing that once we arrived they (finance dept) would slip in another vehicle instead. Sad they would treat their own people that way as well as a long standing loyal Lakeland Toyota Customer!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased a car recently from Lakeland Toyota and was very pleased with my experience. My salesman was Ben. I had an idea when I made my appointment the exact couple types of vehicles I was interested in looking for as well as certain features I wanted in the vehicles. When I went to the dealership I was greeted by a very friendly staff. I was even offered lunch. I am a previous Lexus/H2/BMW owner and this is usually only typical at high end dealerships. Ben was right on time for our appointment and had already picked out a few vehicles to show me, so I was not kept waiting. Ben was very knowledgeable in any questions I had.

The dealership actually had two almost new BMWs in the exact model/features/colors I had been interested in. Two other vehicles I had mentioned I liked online just the evening before were already sold by 11am when I went it, this said a lot about the quality/pricing of their used cars to me. I was also interested in looking at some brand new Toyotas. However once I saw & drove the BMW (2016 blacked out 3 series) I knew I had found my car. They were less in price in comparing same model/year/mileage/features at other local dealers online. The rest of the process was pretty quick doing some financing and paperwork/car detailing. Ben did not leave me just hanging sitting there waiting. He very frequently checked on how the process was coming along (after he had done his part) and kept me updated.

The sales manager also came over and introduced himself and offered me lunch. When we were finished, I had my other vehicle with me that I was not trading in so they were courteous in offering and driving my new car to my house for me. Even in the past with my other vehicles I had to go all the way back to those dealerships to pick my new vehicles up, due to the same situation. Ben went above and beyond to make sure I was a happy customer and to help in any way he could. I highly recommend him for your car needs.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

The sales staff went above and beyond to try to get us the truck we wanted for the price we wanted to pay. They gave us fair value for our trade in as well as discounts. The salesman Ryan ** even bought my grandson a kids meal from Wendy's when he got hungry and offered to buy for my husband and myself also. There was a lil mix up but when we went back and talked to Mr. ** he was able to get everything all straightened out and everybody was happy... especially us! I would recommend this dealer as well as this salesman to anyone looking to buy a new (or used) Toyota!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Me and my husband purchase two pre-own vehicles from them. They failed to provided us with the carfax from his Honda 2012. This vehicle was in a serious car accident and they didn't mention it to us. They told us to purchase unnecessary warranties for vehicles that already had manufactory warranties. All the transaction was very dishonest in their part. We walked in there having excellent credit, no need for them to lie to us.

Also when we went back to give them a chance to explain the carfax on the Honda, they acted like they didn't know. LIES!! MORE LIES!!! They didn't even want to take the car back, even when we offer to purchase a new Toyota. And we have credit!! Unbelievable. We went to a different dealer and they sure did help us. That dealership pretty much corrected the wrong doing of the Lakeland Toyota. Toyota's are great, just don't buy them at the one in Lakeland. Very dishonest people. We gave them chances to fix the problems but their lies were bigger. The sad part is that it was very unnecessary. We have down payment and good credit. We purchase 2 vehicles in February and Kia Soul 2014 and a Honda 2012.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I am writing this review because my experience was the worst business transaction I have ever had! First car is advertised at $11,500 for a Honda CRZ EX with 25000 miles. I call to set an appointment for a test drive. I get there 3 days later and they throw me the keys and say, "It's in back." I walked up to this car and it was filthy with used soda cans in the cup holders, change and garbage all over the stained carpet and seats, and it had a donut on for a tire! Lol WOW! Then I drove it and it drive well. I foolishly decide after doing some research the value of the car blue book is between 12 and $15000 so I explain that this vehicle needs to be cleaned, inspected up to specifications, and etc, etc. I buy the car. When said and done I was charged on the breakdown sheet 1800 for reconditioning and the price was listed as $12500. I was like the car is $11500.

Ben the salesman told me that I was given the $1000 discount that was posted online and deducted the price to $11500 which is what it was being advertised as. So all this after driving 2.5 hours to Lakeland. When all is said and done it came to $15000. Unbelievable after my car was just totaled by a teenager on her phone. Also the car had a lien on it still from the previous owner. So I go home and have to come back the following weekend again driving 2.5 hours to get there because the reconditioning and lien. So I call the place asking if I can speak to the manager 3 days later. NO RETURN CALL! I ask the salesman Ben to send me the original advertised price from online he says, "Hope sorry we took it down cause it's sold." He knew I was having someone look at the paperwork and refused to send me the online ad.

I called the man I originally set up the appointment with for the test drive. He is not returning my calls neither is the manager and neither is the salesman! This is very bad business. The owner of this place is Chris Doherty and ensure he would love to hear how people are being treated. I have to go back there on Saturday to pick up my car and I will be requesting the list of so-called reconditioning on the 96 point inspection that were actually repaired or even addressed on this car however I don't even want to go back there due to the rude and unprofessional behavior!

I would never in my life recommend this dealership! Look at all the reviews! This place is a bad choice and I will be reporting them also to the Better Business Bureau! I can't wait to see who will be dealing with me when I pick up the car since they ripped me off like $1500 and won't return my phone calls even though now they haven't property in their lot!??

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

After looking at countless 4Runner online, I decided to reach out to Lakeland Toyota regarding a 4Runner they had for sale. I called and asked about price and was asked what I thought was a good price for that vehicle. I explained that I wanted to pay $23k out the door for said vehicle and the salesman (Bill) said that he needed to talk to his manager and confirm. He called me back 10 minutes later and said that they agreed to that price. Being who I am, I once again said to the salesman (BILL), "This price is out the door correct? No extra fees, no tax, no nothing. Out the door." I was given the Okay and told to come in and that it was all good. I went in the next morning, dealt with a different sales rep because the original guy wasn't there. He came back to me and said that the sales manager said that they couldn't let it go for less than $25.5K. This is a sharp contrast to the original agreed upon price.

I talked to the sales manager for 10 minutes and he said that was the price and they couldn't go any lower. This is where I call BS! They agreed to the price. They got the sales rep on the phone who agreed to the price then said it would cost $2k more. This has nothing to do with said sales rep (Bill) and everything to do with the low-life sales manager who was trying to squeeze a few more greenbacks into the company’s piggy bank. If you read the reviews on Cargurus, Carforsale as well as Consumer Reports, you will see that this store has a history of doing the same to everyone. I contacted a local news reporter who will be investigating this store. Can't wait to see what they turn up. Shady store. Shady store. Stay away and check Consumer Affairs as well as the Better Business Bureau to see all of their mishandling. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: July 30, 2016

What a horrible experience. My wife and I were lured by online pricing that was far below other dealers. If you see a vehicle with a low online price, BEWARE. When you arrive, the price of the vehicle seems great! However, this dealer, in addition to the dealer fee, charges the buyer a recertification fee and reconditioning fee that includes a fee for the time it sat on the lot. All said and done, the fees above the online price totaled $2,300 before tax and document fees. We went in and negotiated the vehicle price down to $13,200 from $13,900 and we're hit with a grand total of $16,900 after all fees (not including add-ons you typically see when I'm with a finance manager). Needless to say, we immediately drive elsewhere and were able to make a deal, on a better car with lower mileage and more options, for $2,000 less. Stay away!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I bought a 2008 Chevy HHR on 2/1202016. I came to the dealer at 4:00 and test drove the car. After some discussion we agreed on an out the door price of $7,100.00 out the door with me paying 430.00 in tax above the financed price to allow for the payoff of my totaled vehicle to Grow Financial. I was told that the papers were being readied and we would have it finished after some two hours. I explained that I had to leave and return the next morning. I was told it was almost done after another two hours. Still not done. A second salesperson apologized and said it would be done soon and please wait a little longer. Now 8:00 and it was almost done and he was having the car washed.

Finally 8:30 and the papers were ready. I was first told they needed my credit card for the $430.00 tax I was to pay then he laid out two foot long contracts for the car with a total of 8,430.00 would have taken care of the payoff of my which Grow Financial payoff as discussed with salesman #1. Being four hours late on my medication I happily signed and went on my way. I later found that the $430.00 charged on my credit card was not credited to the sale and after I read what I was charged above the out the door price $688.00 pre-delivery service charge. I suppose it was that car wash used to keep me waiting a little longer.

I returned to Lakeland Toyota and was told the $430.00 was just an oversight and they returned the charge to my card but no excuse for the charge above the agreed price. I gave this dealer one star only because that was as low as I could go. I was forced to take a signature loan to cover the ripoff by this dealer. Beware of the stall on the paperwork. It's there to soften you up for the ripoff.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I was trying to buy a lexus sc 430 for the price they listed it for at first was less than $8,000 because of very high mileage on the car. I asked for over 1 week "what color was the interior". No one knew. They said it was in the shop. Still couldnt get an answer like they were hiding something. 1 week later 2 different salesman there tells me it was sent to auction because of the high mileage and it is no longer available. Next thing, I know it is on 4 different sites by Lakeland Toyota for sale but the price is now $12,600 - way overpriced for a car with 196,000 miles on it. I should have known better. Their other reviews had similar experiences with them. I wont be buying from them anytime soon. The car is still listed after they told me. Also they forgot to take the listing down 3 times. They told me at least 3 different stories on the car. Even after the car is still up for sale they tell me it was sent to auction? They also charge 2 different fees to buy a car from them?

Original review: April 17, 2016

We bought a NEW 2015 Toyota Corolla last year and after finally closing the deal we were happy to finally own a NEW car, but after a month or 2 we broke down. We managed to get it into Lakeland Toyota and they gave us a rental. The next day they called and said it was all fixed. Cable came loose so we picked the car up and after another week we were back in the shop again. This time they reset everything on the computer. Naturally we were upset and started researching the Lemon Law. Why have a brand NEW car that has to be reset from time to time? Law is 3 tries and you're out so after cussing and discussing we left with our fixed car once again.

A week or 2 later... Yep, back in the shop. This time they called the professionals and changed out the whole computer. TADA! Screaming, yelling and time from work but it was fixed and we had no more problems. This year Lakeland Toyota called several times, insisting to trade in for another NEW car so we thought. A NEW car without all those worries we had with the one we had. Asked the salesman what are the chances of going through it all again? He said slim to none. Snowball's chance in hell. So we went for it. Got a 2016 Corolla, little more payments but we finally got rid of the headache.

3 weeks passed and my wife called broke down in the middle of town. I took off work to help her and we sat waiting for a tow. YEP. Back in the shop with our 2016. Wife pissed, I let her go at it. The gentleman who came out to get the info on the car said "It's just a car. Let us figure out what's wrong first. Chill." I wanted to knock his face in. It's not just a car. It's my wife broke down in God knows where, me taking off from work and dealing with this crap all over again. Well, after another rental and another day it was fixed. Had to RESET Transmission??? UHG! Yelling and screaming some more, my wife even walked up to the salesman who sold us the car and told the client he was with about what we were going through, I don't care. I would chase everyone away if I could, we finally left with our car.

A couple days later we went out to eat and upon leaving to come back home, in the middle of a 6 lane intersection the car STOPPED. YEP! Back on the tow truck and back to the shop. Now we have told them several times about the first car and told them to just swap out the computer, but they say it's a protocol thing that they have to follow. Well, this will be 2 times and I bet if we go in a 3rd they will replace the computer then and I will go off on them. As of now we are in a rental again waiting for a tech to come look at the car. Why can't we just have a Brand New Car with no worries? This is not what we sat in the showroom for making a deal. Satisfied? Hell no. If I get through this one I will never go to Lakeland Toyota again or send anyone there. I'm done no matter what the outcome of this will be.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I plan to purchase a Scion FR-S and found one at Lakeland Toyota on Autotrader. I communicated via the internet with someone named Angeli and asked only one question, "what is the dealer fee?" It is printed on every sales contract and everyone in the sales department knows or should know what it is. I asked 4 times and Angeli would not reveal that information unless I spoke to an internet sales manager. Based upon this experience without even walking into the dealership, I would not recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

We saw several cars online that we wanted to look at. As soon as we got there I told them what we wanted and what I wanted in payments and so on. Salesman kept trying to sell us cars that were higher than the ones online. I kept telling him no. Finally, see the car we wanted online after an hour of him trying to persuade us. Then we agree on the car and they tells us the price is 13,999 and I said, "No it says it's 9,500 online". This is a way to pull people in off the street so they can sell you something else. After 6 hours of sitting there, not one time offering us a drink they tell us that they ran into a snap on the loan. I will never go back there and I will never refer my friends.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I live in Ocala, Florida. Drove 2 hours to get to Lakeland Toyota. The salesman had a Camry that we liked. My wife had been in a wreck a couple of days earlier that totaled our first Camry that was six months old. So we went down to Lakeland and drove over to look around the lot. The salesman gave us a Camry just like the one we had before just different color, no wireless key access and no paint or fabric conditioner, same warranty. Ocala Gave us a 2014.5 Camry for 20,900 and they wanted 24,000 for the same car with less on it. I felt like we were taken advantage of. I drove a rental down to Lakeland looking for a deal and got a car I could have paid 3000 less for in Ocala. Shame on me. But you would think if you could buy it for 20,900 in Ocala why can't you buy it in Lakeland for the same amount.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I purchased a used car from Lakeland Toyota three years ago. I went in to trade the car in and was unsure if I wanted a new Toyota 4 runner or a used one. I compared a great selection and decided on the new one! I spoke to everyone in the dealership and found all to be very easy to do business with. The financing options were very transparent and straightforward. I was in and out of the finance option in under 20 minutes. I highly recommend this dealership.

Original review: April 8, 2015

Went in to see a car online that we were interested in, was told when I got there that the car was sold (obviously a tactic to get you in). Afterward I told them that was fine and told them to let me look at other cars within my price range. I had already been pre-approved through my credit union so I knew how much I could and wanted to spend. I told them I did not want my credit ran. Long story short, I saw a car like the one online that I wanted with a little more miles - same model and everything and it was more expensive (which was beyond me). We tried to negotiate and they would not budge very much. So then they started convincing us to buy a new car (did the whole salesmen pushy thing). They would tell us sign in here, do this do that, without explaining; they promised a million things about the monthly payments and interest rate.

Anyway we fell for it because it sounded great to get a new car and be within our budget and interest expectations (stupid on our end). So by this time 4 hours had passed and we were extremely hungry including my 2-year old daughter and nephew so we told them we needed to go eat and we would come back. Of course they did not like that idea so they told us they would get lunch for us (an hour later); they bring it to us, fine. Then we get to the financing part (5 hours later) and the monthly payments were way out of our price range and the interest rate was ridiculous. Needless to say, more pushing and trying to convince etc., but by this time we are 6 hours into this; I am tired extremely annoyed and getting angrier by the minute. We kept telling them we wanted to buy a car but the new one was looking to be way more out of budget. They ignored us and kept pushing the reasons why we should and needed to by this new car.

Finally I got extremely annoyed and up and left the office and left my husband there. They ended up finally showing him a car we wanted with 20k miles in it within our budget. My husband then comes over to our car (where I had gone) to tell me about this deal. As soon as I heard it I got even more pissed and told him we needed to go right now. Why THE HECK wouldn't they offer me this deal from the get go? 6 hours later when I am beyond angry and annoyed you offer me exactly what I was looking for when I came in! And to add on top of that, my husband gets in the car and proceeds to tell me that the General Sales Manager (which was soooo rude to us from the moment he walked into the financing office) ended up telling him (when I walked out) that if we weren't buying a car, we needed to pay him the 33 dollars he spent on our lunch. WOOOOWWWWWW.

First of all, we did not ask you to do that - you were just so scared to lose a sale that you didn't want us to go out and buy our OWN food! UGH. No respect for people's time, they have their own best interest at heart (because if they sell new cars they get incentives). So forget that I just wanted to come here and get a car within my budget, let's just ignore what the customer is SAYING and push my OWN agenda. They would have scored a sale ASAP had they listened to what we needed and wanted from the get go.

Word of ADVICE to whoever hires for this dealership...start hiring salesmen that listen, that can relate to people, that respect people, that understand the difficulties of buying a car and care about making it a smooth process for people. A person people can trust OR AT LEAST hire a trainer that instills these values in them. Definitely not a customer-oriented place, will not ever go there again or recommend it to anyone. Only thing I can say is that I know now what to do and not to do. I definitely learned my lesson and am extremely happy that I did not buy a car!

Original review: April 6, 2015

I purchased a used 2012 Corolla on 2-3-2015... Such pressure... Went in to look and walked out with a car. Salesman is pushy and gets agitated when you want to leave... They took my car to have it appraised. Then the fun began... They kept at me for 8 hours would not give me my keys until I agreed on deal, which I did. Mind you I haven't bought a car good car in 20 years. Said everything checked, car clean. Day after I bought it tire inflation light came on... Ok... No big deal... Had to fill tires every other day. Go in for 5000 oil change and nails in both tires... Then asked about the 2nd key I was promised and was told it would be 24.62... Take it to the service manager and he says it will be 98.00 to cut the key. So I will do without it... Bought a Warranty package for 1400.00 bumper to bumper and was told I didn't have road hazard coverage... So consumers beware...

Lakeland Toyota Company Information