Kraft Nissan

Tallahassee, FL

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought two used vehicles on the same day and was assured repeatedly about the thoroughness of their "certification" process and their great bumper to bumper warranty. Apparently Kraft's idea of certifying a used vehicle is to get it to run long enough to survive the test drive and maybe a week or so of driving. I've spent thousands on repairs on both vehicles & the warranty covered nothing that went bad including the clutch (on both vehicles), the 4-wheel drive, the rear axle, the ignition switch, a leaking gasket and more. Their used cars are shined up junk and the warranty is an expensive rip-off. Plus their salesman reneged on a promise he made to buy a new seat cover and the first time it rained, the roof on one of the vehicles leaked. Owners ignored my complaints. Go elsewhere!

The lack of customer service is an understatement!! I'm disgusted by the treatment of their staff to someone I care deeply about. I have a video of the woman (Barbara) telling him how he "sure as heck ain't fitting in a Versa" due to his weight. Really?!? She also mentioned how much she "hates her job". Meanwhile, after a formal complaint (with video proof), she retains her job.. insulting others I'm sure!

Their advertisement is a real joke. Everyone employee and owner are the biggest joke of this business. They talk junk as soon as you walk in, talk about all of the free stuff you will get when you purchase a vehicle. When you sit there waiting for an answer they are nowhere to be found. Hiding like beaten dogs!!! They just don't want to sell a vehicle because you don't have a trade in.

I made a very STUPID mistake of listening to the fraudulent advertising promoted by Kraft Nissan. I fell for the idea they cared about the community, their customers and providing an excellent product at a fair price. I researched vehicles from all dealerships in the area for inventory, specific performance and accessories plus price to meet my needs. I decided based on what I had heard and seen online. This particular 2014 Rogue was the vehicle that best fit my financial and physical requirements. I was SO wrong!

In Feb 2014 fell into the new purchase fog; drove the vehicle I had picked out (but did not do a point by point locate on each of the accessories listed on this specific vehicle from online printout--assumed since the stock # list was the vehicle I had picked out that the items were part of the vehicle.) This was my 2nd mistake; the 1st being I fell for Kraft advertising about a great deal, etc. I ended up with a vehicle that did not have all of the listed accessories advertised; not even cruise control!! Really, on a 2014 vehicle!

I ended up with a vehicle payment that increased $66 and insurance increase of $50 ON A 4 CYLINDER with an excellent driving record. I asked repeatedly regarding incentives...was provided NONE other than the lifetime warranty -- even though every other sale that day included either free 2 year oil changes or free maintenance, etc. My salesman kept avoiding the questions or some vague response that he'd look into it. I ended up in a contract that I thought would be better than what I was in at a buy here pay here company - then ended up being as bad! Over half of my payment is interest!! I complained about the gas mileage - which was the primary reason I decided to buy a new vehicle; their advertising show up to 32 mpg. At best I get 20 mpg. I traded in a 12 year old vehicle with a 6 cylinder for a new vehicle with a 4 cylinder--and I got BETTER MILEAGE FROM THE OLDER VEHICLE.

I drive the same routes, same manner and days with new vehicle that I did with old.. and the gas mileage barely meets what the older vehicle performed. I complained; was told to "allow it to break in" by my salesman. Then, to add insult to the wound, I began to get calls 2-3x a week in June 2014 from each and every one of their salesman to come in and let them sell me a new 2014 vehicle... even from the salesman that handled my purchase. I was given his email and cell number to call ANY TIME I HAVE A PROBLEM. NEVER got a response the last two times I tried to contact him. I never got a "thank you for purchasing the vehicle" from Kraft or Nissan USA. Complained online 2x a few months after purchase; then finally got a 1x $9.98 oil change coupon; took it in; my salesman walked by me 3x and never even acknowledged me! Great Customer Service. And, wasn't I lucky to get that free coupon???

I am now telling everyone I know; anyone I hear thinking of purchasing a vehicle from Kraft to go to Thomasville GA or elsewhere; sure wish I had listen to my little voice and done so. I have purchased vehicles for over 45 years on my own; have never allowed myself to be sucked into such a situation before... my big error was believing Kraft cares! No dealership in Tallahassee cares about their clients; do not be fooled. I should have gone to Georgia or back to South FL where I have purchased all my previous vehicles. Believing in Tallahassee and Kraft was my 1st and final mistake regarding purchasing in this area or from this dealership. They are a joke!

Do not, I repeat do not go to Kraft Nissan to buy or finance a vehicle. I went to Kraft Nissan to finance a Saturn VUE 2006 SUV on March 16th, 2014. I went there and was told I would be paying a certain amount for this vehicle with interest and taxes. So I agreed. Hey it sounded like a good deal at the time. Well lo and behold those crooks swindled me into signing this contract that was way out of the price range that I initially agreed on. They rushed me through the paperwork and fast talked me so fast I couldn't even see it happen...

Now I'm stuck with a 19,000 used vehicle. So I decided to take a good look at my contract to find out what I'm really paying for it and almost flipped a script. I immediately took the vehicle back to them (after a week) but they refused to take it back. So after a while of going back and forth with them they decided that they would take the vehicle back but wasn't giving me back the full 3000 I put down. My question to them was why not... Now they want to revert to the contract that I was rushed through. That states the rental fee and the 1.00 per mile. So they took over 2000 from me and I only had the vehicle for a week.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Nissan?

I recently took my 2010 Nissan Titan for service last Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the new attitude and philosophy at Kraft Nissan service. My previous visits on occasion haven't been up to par with my expectations, but this time my visit was fast, friendly and easy. The people I dealt with were outstanding and I left feeling great about the experience. I will be back. Great job to the new Kraft Nissan.

I had a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I was just told that the car is toast, the engine is shot and it'll be $7000+ to get a new one. Here's the rub. The car went into Kraft Nissan a couple of months with a problem with coolant seeping into the engine. They replaced the head gasket. A couple of months later, the engine failed and Kraft said that there was probably a failure on one of the rings and so it wasn't their fault.

Here's my problem. They said that they did a diagnostic check of the engine the last time before it left the shop; the oil had been checked and replaced prior to the coming into Kraft. The net result is an engine failure for which they say, "So sad, so bad; you're stuck with a car that's worth nothing." My conclusion is that Kraft is good at excuses but not so good in helping customers. My advice: bring an attorney before having anything done at Kraft. They accept no responsibility for their work.

Less than a year ago, Kraft replaced my right side rear view mirror. The mirror was covered under warranty. Now the mirror doesn't work properly. I asked about the 1-year warranty on parts and labor. They told me they stand behind their work. I took my car back, and they determined the part was faulty. Toyota replaced the mirror. However, Kraft Nissan refused to put it on unless I paid them labor again. I have asked for my mirror to be returned to Toyota who agreed to put it on. I will never deal with Kraft Nissan for anything.

You know, my first car was a 1967 Datsun. I love the brand. I have always had pretty good luck with their quality, so this isn't a rant about Nissan. But I have been to a lot of dealerships and parts counters since that first car and Kraft Nissan is a disgrace. Every time I call the parts department, I get a recording. Once it was three days later when I was finally contacted. Today I have tried four times. I am now going to the dealership in Thomasville. They answered on the first ring, apologized that the part was not in stock but that the warehouse had three and he would have one in his shop on Saturday. Then rather than the customary "You'll have to pay for it in advance" that I always get from Kraft, he told me I could come in and make sure the part fits before paying for it! It is worth the drive to never have to deal with the Tallahassee dealership again. Kraft, you are a disgrace to the industry.

I purchased a used car "As is", less than 35,000 miles and just a little under $10,000. I was assured the engine and transmission was covered in the new Kraft care package. Three days later, the gauges on the vehicle began going wild. This malfunction appears to be an engine related issue. My spouse and I contacted the sales representative, the manager, the service department, and nobody was willing to do anything. We understand an as is purchase. However, they advised they won't sell a vehicle that is not up to par. It would ruin their reputation. Still, the issue is unresolved.

It is really very disappointing to know that I am several thousand dollars in debt and can't even drive the car safely. What's even worse is I told them I wanted a dependable vehicle for my teenage daughter. I'd hate to think this is what they would put a young girl in to travel to and from school and feel good about it. I also have the report from them stating that the gauges were checked and everything was functioning properly. I would be better off if I had just bought a car from on the side of the road or even a junk dealer. 100% dissatisfied.

We made a special trip to Kraft Nissan Saturday because of two trucks we found on their website. It was the right price with a great rebate. When we arrived, we were told the price on the internet was incorrect and they would not honor it. So, after seeing the TV ad that says you can ask for one of the owners if not satisfied, we did. We were then told that neither of the owners were there or available until Tuesday. This was Saturday. We're very unhappy with the false advertisement on their website and TV and the unprofessional treatment by the sales manager who walked in, very short and to the point said it was a mistake and they would not honor the advertised price and proceeded to walk out on us. Thanks, Kraft Nissan for nada but a waste of time.

I ordered a 2003 Nissan Starter from Kraft Nissan in March 2011. The starter burnt out on May 25,2011. I go back to return for another starter under the warranty. When I got there Mike told me that he couldn't warranty the starter because that wasn't their starter. He said that it didn't have the Nissan sticker on it and that he couldn't do anything about it because it wasn't his. Forgetting the fact that he had ordered the starter from somewhere else. The starter was originally picked up by an Auto Zone employee here in Bainbridge by a guy by the name of Kelly. He went to Kraft Nissan to pick it up because I had previously had three from them and they kept burning out in three to four months. So Kelly told me after the third starter from them that they give you back your money, which he did. He then called Kraft Nissan to order one and they told him that they didn't have one in stock, but they could order him one and it would be ready for him the next day. The next day he picked it up from them. He didn't open the box to see if it had a Nissan label on it or not. He just knew that's who he ordered it from them so they were responsible. I don't feel as though I was treated fair because Kelly had talked to them on the phone and gave them all the information that they asked for and they said that they had one there to just bring that one back. I had my sister take me there, and then Mike said it wasn't their sticker on it so he couldn't replace it. How could it have their sticker on it if he ordered it from someone else? The part was purchased from them for 239. This is totally unprofessional and not right. They ripped me off from my warranty and replacing the starter. If anyone has any information on what I can do about this, your info will be greatly appreciated.

My gas gauge stop working and I called Kraft Nissan and began to explain to the lady in the Service Dept. She jump right in and said there was a recall on the fuel sensor. I schedule a time to take my 2005 Nissan Xterra to them.

In the mean time, I research the internet and could not find where the 2005's had a recall for that. I saw where the 2006 did. I called them back and lady continuously said, " yes it was for the 2005's also."

Well, when I took it in, the man in the service department brought it up on the computer and said, "Oh, there is no recall on your model, do you want us to go ahead and fix it anyways? " I was extremely mad mainly because that lady had lied to me and I had sat up at the dealership for an hour and a half to wait to hear this.

If they had listen to me and been honest in the beginning, I would have had them to fix it because I was expecting to have it fixed. I will not do business with anyone who lies to me. I'm looking at the internet with a lot of other complaints regarding fuel sensor's going out, it looks like this continues to be a problem with it from year to year and not able to fix the problem.

This is a letter to report to you my experience at [their] service department on Friday, April 23, 2010. I suffered economic, physical, and mental damage at the hands of the Kraft Nissan service department today, and I am outraged that as a local consumer and contributing citizen to my community, that I would be treated this way! I thought [they] as the owners should be made aware of this incident, in case [they] have a heart and desire to do something about it.

I have never left a vehicle service department feeling so disgusted, frustrated, exhausted, and taken advantage of in all my years! I took my 2006 Nissan Altima to Kraft Nissan service department in Tallahassee, Florida at 7:30am on Friday, April 23, 2010 and didn't leave until 4:30pm and the problem still wasn't fixed after paying $203! I had been hearing rattling noises in the engine area of my car when accelerating, and having taken the car the previous day (Thursday) to the service department of University Chevrolet where I purchased it 6 months ago, University Chevrolet diagnosed the problem given me a written statement explaining that the catalytic converter needed replacing, which they reported as covered under the 8 year/80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty.

They told me to take my car to Kraft Nissan to get the work done under warranty free of charge. So, I immediately made an appointment with Kraft Nissan for the next day at 8:00am. I arrived at the Kraft Nissan service department at 7:30am on Friday! After waiting about 4 hours, around 11:30am I was told by the service advisor, (Christopher) Scott S., that the service technician had test driven my car twice (although I never saw my car move once), and that he didn't hear the noise that I was reporting. I called my wife to tell her what had happened and she suggested that I ask about taking another test drive along with the service technician this time so that I could point out the noise to him.

I approached Mr. S. and told him of my wish to ride along for another test drive and he said that he would mention it to the service technician when the tech returned from his lunch break at 12:30pm. He had taken a lunch break while I was still waiting on an answer about my car but I guess, in his mind, he was done with it since he didn't hear the noise during the supposed two test drives? Is that what Kraft Nissan considers good customer service? To report that the car had been test driven, when it wasn't and then go to lunch without settling with the customer who has been waiting for 4 hours?

When the tech returned from his lunch break, the service advisor notified him that I wanted to go for a test drive with him in my car. So we did. And guess what happened? My car made the same noises that I had brought it in complaining about, the same noises that the tech declared he did not hear on the "two test drives" earlier. Was this because I was in the car with the tech this time? Recall that University Chevrolet reported that the catalytic converter was the problem and that the repair would be covered for free under warranty. Of course, Kraft Nissan came up with a different diagnosis that was not at all free or covered under warranty, saying that the noise was due to carbon build-up and that an induction service was needed. Whose diagnosis was correct: the service department at University Chevrolet who has nothing to lose, or the service department at Kraft Nissan who would lose money by repairing my car under warranty? I don't know if University Chevrolet was wrong in their diagnosis, but I do know that when I left Kraft Nissan at 4:30pm and drove off in my "fixed" car, the noise in my engine was still there! After having waited 9 hours all day for my car, being given the run-around by the service department, I ended up paying $203.13 for an induction service that didn't even fix the problem! And to top it all off, my car was returned to me with oil and dirt stains on my two front mats and on my driver side head rest! And I keep my car in immaculate condition, inside and out!

I was so disgusted when I left Kraft Nissan and promised myself and my wife that I would never return and would never recommend Kraft Nissan to anyone! Yes, I suffered today, unnecessarily at the hands of Kraft Nissan and I thought you should know. I also plan to report incident to Consumer Affairs, outlining all the details including the economic, physical and mental damage to my car and to my person because no one should ever be treated this way and then have to pay for it too!

Economic Damage: Paid $203.13 for induction service that did not fix the problem, when a free repair should have been completed according to my report from University Chevrolet the day before which says that the repair to the catalytic converter (the reason given by Chevrolet for the noises) would be covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty. University Chevrolet reported that it was the catalytic converter causing the noise (a free repair under warranty), but Kraft Nissan disagreed and said a costly induction service was needed, which was not covered under warranty.

Physical Damage: My immaculate car was returned with oil and dirt stains on the mats and head rest. Mental Damage: I was exhausted after 9 hours, talking back and forth with the Scott S. and the service technician several times, and just totally put out by the substandard, mediocre customer service that I received.

On August 8, 2009 I received my 2005 Nissan Titan back from Oak Ridge Nissan, just outside Knoxville, TN, after having the throttle position sensor, IPDM, spark plugs and oil changed at a cost of $1653.83. The following morning I departed Tennessee heading to Florida. Upon my arrival to the Tallahassee area, my truck began to run very rough as though it might stall out when the accelerator was pushed down after being at a complete stop. As soon as I was able to call my people to give me a location for the closest Nissan dealership, I drove it straight to Kraft Nissan in Tallahassee, FL. When I arrived there, I explained what the symptoms were and offered to take a tech for a ride to pinpoint what it was I was referring to. That was declined. Well, after leaving my truck with the dealership for two days, I was informed that I now needed to replace the catalytic converters and the fuel pump at a cost of $2540.73. I couldn’t believe it. This is what I get after being given a clean bill of health from Oak Ridge Nissan the day before. Well, I paid the cost. I received the truck back and drove approximately eight (8) miles when the truck began to run rough again.

I went back to Kraft Nissan and once again left it with them. The following day, I received a call from a service advisor by the name of ** stating that I now needed a new mass airflow sensor at a cost of $349.98. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! But once again I paid it in full. I received the truck back once again, drove it for two (2) days and it once again began to run rough while my mother and I were in it. Since we were closer to the dealership than the house, we took it back to Kraft Nissan. They kept the vehicle for three days and then I got a call from ** saying that beyond a doubt they have fixed my truck and what it was a loose wire to one of the coils or one of the sending wires that fires the coils. That cost me $0.00 for the fix.

I met with the owner Mr. Kraft and his service manager to discuss why they tried to make me buy a new truck - one piece at a time. I was told that was not the case and all the parts that were replaced needed to be replaced - end of story. I replied the next time a rich enemy of mine looses a blinker, I'll send him to Kraft Nissan for a new electrical system. This place ripped me good and didn’t even wash my car before returning it to me. (Guess I didn’t spend enough). The main thing is I would not have minded paying for the parts if I had to have them, but they fixed a lot of things that were not broken and only after I threatened them with BBB, media, state attorney general and consumer affairs did they find a fix quickly.

I have a 2003 Nissan, Altima- That sold used practically brand new. However, I have been experiencing problems with this vehicle at least couple of months after I had it. I took it to the dealership which was on Tennesse Street in Tallahassee, Florida. I explain to them that my car was smoking and needed them correct the problem. Fix it then approximately between 1/2 year to 1 year later I received a recall on the exhaust pipes, but I also informed the worker that it was still smoking.

Once again the problem seem as it had been fixed, then approximately a month later my call stall right in the middle of traffic, bu the "engine check light" did not come on. So, I assume that it was that one time then several months later I get a recall it was some part they had to replace because of altimas were stalling. The service person did not indicate that my car was experiencing any other problems. Then approximately 2 1/2 months later my car just stop. During this time period I had to replace oil in my car every other day. But, not once when I took it in for recall purposes did anyone mentioned that my engine had problems. The engine little would come on and then go off, so I assume that it was not a problem. In August 2007, my car just cut-off on me on the road, I could no more than 30-40 mph, it keep dragging.

I later took it to my local Nissan dealer and they told me that the engine had to be replace. I told them I will see if I could get the vehicle refinance; it sat on their lot approximately 30 days> I advise the service manager that I would be coming to pick it on the date that was requested. However, the person that I had to pick it was not available for that date. So, I called back and told them that I would pick it up by Friday before 5 pm. By the time I contacted Nissan around 3 pm to let them know that I was on the way they had a local towing company tow my car. I had to payout over 100 dollars just to get a car that is not working out of towing. I have constantly had my oil changed by neighbor and my boyfriend.

My wife went by to have the dealer repair a defect on the driver's side door of her 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, which she purchased on May 21, 2004.

The service manager claimed that it was damage done by the customer.

This was impossible to have been dented from the inside out. The door is a double panel at the lower portion of the door. The dent is from the inside out as if something was caught between the layers of metal when the door was assembled. It would be totally impossible to have dented the door panel from the inside. Besides, my wife, who is the primary operator of the vehicle is a tiny, petite woman (4'11" and approximately 100 pounds). Even if the door panel was not double walled at that point, I don't see how she could have punched the metal out from the inside out.

Kraft Nissan Company Profile