Gulf Coast Auto Brokers

Sarasota

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was lied to by Ed this older car salesperson about what he promised me and my wife in front of Steve, one of their employees. A lot of things went bad on car Mercedes $$$, which AC and suspension way more than 5000 in repairs and still have payments to boot and the lies piled up. I bought two vehicles from there. Probably the last .

I buy car for my wife 2011 Mercedes Benz folk 350 and I already have two other car from there. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The most pleasant car buying experience I have had. I would strongly recommend this location to my friends and family.

Why doesn't motor vehicles close this place down? The amount of people they ripped off. I would think motor vehicles should get involved. I know of 3 personally that got ripped off. Dealer won't even answer your call after you pay for car or truck. Mark is a **/liar. Thanks again crooks.

Bought a 2007 Porsche Cayman for 23000.00. Says car is fully serviced. Drove for 200 miles trans locked up. What a way to do business. Why didn't refill trans fluid? No drain plug to be found. Completely dry. No help from dealer. Says as is. Bye.

Gulf Coast took two vehicles with no proof of ownership. I did not give my permission for them to get my property. The cars were reported stolen taken on Tues. Owner says he crushed one vehicle on Thurs. Returned one had totally destroyed it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gulf Coast Auto Brokers?

I was supposed to receive an Ohio title. They have not given me a title. It has been 60 days. I cannot drive the car.

Mark is the biggest LIAR in selling a vehicle. He stated to me 3 times that the vehicle is in very good condition and no mechanic problems. The movie LIARS, LIARS, LIARS, that's Mark. Next I told the vehicle to my mechanic and find out no rear brakes and engine problems. To get the vehicle in a safe condition it cost me $2000.00

I wrote them e-mail about this problem, and ask for a response. NO RESPONSE. I wrote them again to the general manager about this. Four weeks later and still NO RESPONSE. THEY’RE JUST LIARS. IF ANY ONE PURCHASES A VEHICLE FROM THEM, BEFORE YOU SIGN YOUR NAME TO THE CONTRACT, (HAVE YOUR MECHANIC CHECK THE VEHICLE OUT). They are PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE. JUST LIARS.

No one came to greet us upon arrival. 10 minutes later, we were directed to find the sales manager, Mark **. His attire was not professional, neither his personality. We proceeded to see the car my daughter wanted. During the entire time, he didn't say a word; however, he was on the phone texting. What Mr. ** did not know was that we have the money to buy the vehicle and would've done it because I like to keep my baby girl happy, but we didn't because of his lack of interest in selling the car. This place needs a course in customer service.

Well, I bought a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with navigation but never got the navigation disk. When I kept asking for disk, they kept blowing me off. It was in August 2011 when I bought the truck. It’s now March 2012.

I bought a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I was there for hours, checking the vehicle out. It was not in as good shape, as advertised. The rear compartment was broken, the carpet was filthy, the rear windshield wiper was missing, and they told me that, the navigation disc is locked up in the mechanics' office and that they would mail it to me in the morning.

I bought the truck in August, it is now November, and I still don't have the disc. They have been blowing me off for months, lie after lie. I would not recommend this place to my enemies. One good thing, I did get the rear windshield wiper in the mail.

On April 23rd, I contacted Gulf Coast Auto Brokers about a Jeep Grand Cherokee they listed on Craigslist and requested info about the SUV. Again, on the 24th and 26th asking for the carfax and VIN #. On the 26th and 29th, they took information to check if financing was available. I informed them that because I lived in Naples that I would need time to come up to drive up to finalize the deal and pick up the vehicle (since I would need another driver to drive the SUV back to Naples). They said that it was ok; but that several other people were looking at the SUV and that I would need to put a deposit on the SUV in order for them to hold it for me.

I had recently moved and that was a hindrance for them getting me qualified for financing, but after I faxed information about proof on residence, they said that if I changed my drivers license to my present address that they should be able to get me qualified. On May 3rd, I called the Dealer to ask for the VIN # and to inform them that I was trying to get bank financing, but (Steve) the salesperson that I had been talking to was busy. I was able to get the VIN # and asked the secretary to have Steve to call me back; I never received a call from Gulf Coast Auto since. I was actively trying to get financing from my bank (PNC) which was taking time since they were requesting more information each time I called. All calls to the bank (PNC) are recorded and can be verified. I believed that since I had put a deposit on the SUV to hold it for me and that I had informed them that I had a problem getting an additional driver that the SUV would be held for me.

The bank finally sent me a letter on May 17th stating that my recent change of address was a problem and denied my loan application pending proof of new address. I decided to arrange to pick up the SUV with or without bank financing. So on the 18th, I faxed the bank a letter from the government, my phone bill and their own letter addressed to my present address and called the auto dealer to inform them that I would be coming to pick up the SUV. They then told me that they had sold the SUV and were keeping my $500.00 deposit that was supposed to hold the car for me. They also informed that 2 of their salesmen had called me and left messages 2 or 3 times each. I told them that I had not received any calls or messages from them or their office and challenged them to produce proof and checked my phone to make sure (there were no calls or msg. from them). I believe this to be Illegal and a breach of contract. I was to be using the SUV for my move to Pa. for the summer and fall this year and my vacation. This is costing me a lot of time and may result in the canceling of my vacation and or loss of income and money as I now have to find another SUV before June 1st when I am to leave the state. Another problem is that my credit will suffer more if I have to purchase another vehicle. I want them to honor their contract with me for the SUV and to compensate me for violating our agreement. I also want them punished in some legal way

Consumer's Desired Resolution: I want the SUV that I contracted to purchase from them and since they sold the SUV for a lower price to someone else I want to pay that price or a lower price. I don’t care if they have to buy the car back from the person that they illegally sold it to and I want to be compensated for the additional miles and wear and tear associated with their selling of the SUV. The bottom line is I want them to honor their contract with me.

I initially saw an ad for this auto a Mercedes CL 500 year 2004 with 52k miles on a Yahoo ad and I contacted the dealer for more information, when I asked about the car and the condition I was referred to ebay where it was also being sold. The item number #110434706265 The ad clearly states the car was in excellent condition although the mileage was much more in this ad now 59k miles. The Dealer advertised everything checked EXCELLENT, the pictures showed only a few minor scratches; the only good check mark was for the tires.

When I read the carfax it showed issues but when I spoke with Derek salesman on the phone he assured me verbally the car was pristine and the problems had to do with the radio and it was fixed. The ad clearly states this also. I made an offer for the car based on the Dealership's ebay rating and in good faith I paid $500 via my debit card. It took me one week to plan the trip to drive the car from Florida back to California.

When I arrived the car had more issues with the cosmetics than advertised. But again in good faith, I paid almost $20 thousand dollars cash for the car as agreed upon and began to drive it home. In Georgia I realized in torrential rains the headlights were not working properly but hoped it was only a fuse. The malfunction on the dash read License plate lamps, but the problem noted was the beams would not come on bright. I could not drive obviously at night.

The car was sold with no owner's manual but I found it strange in the truck I saw the car's fuse sheet in the trunk. The locations of some fuses are located in the trunk and driver's back seat which upon examination the lining had been recently disturbed and not replaced properly. It had been stated to me several times by the staff Lori, and Derek that the owner Samir K.had been driving it for many months. The dealership knowingly and willfully had not disclosed the headlight problems.

In Texas the rear tire EXPLODED causing damage to the wheel area. There was no jack and I was stranded for four hours before someone came to tow me which cost $225. The Navigation stopped working three days after I purchased the car. The pictures clearly show the Navigation working. Because of the terrible weather conditions and not being able to drive, ten days later I had my mechanic take a look at the headlights. The cap cover was off and the Xenon light was disconnected. The license plate lights were noted as gutted. The interior door had been removed and glued and when he performed a simple diagnostics had multiple major problems including the entire fuse box not the fuses. I have now made an appointment to take it to the local dealership because the problems with this car are too much for my licensed mechanic.

I will have more proof the Dealership knowingly, and willfully is in direct violation of Florida's State laws misrepresenting and willful fraud that the car was in perfect condition. Seven additional days of driving and sleeping in hotels room because I was unable to drive at night. Cost of tow to tire shop. This is only the tip of the iceberg because total cost to repair this lemon has not been found.

Gulf Coast Auto Brokers Company Profile