Ed Morse Toyota

Delray Beach, FL

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

These people in this dealership are immoral, unethical crooks and liars. I was tricked into handing him one of my checks and he proceeded to fill it out without my knowledge, permission/consent. I was shocked... and I said to him "what are you doing?". I just showed him that I had less than $80.00 in my account and he proceeds to fill out my check for $2,000... in his European handwriting... very different from my American handwriting.

My carbon copy that I always have filled out when I write out a check is blank which proves he wrote out the check. I was told by an attorney the other day that if I can find even 1 person that experienced the same thing I did... it could potentially be the beginning of a tremendous class action lawsuit and I implore a person to come forward who they have done this too also. Called the dealership general manager today and suggested he give me my former car back because the deal that was made was illegitimate and perplexing and he started screaming at me on the top of his lungs that I am CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY and that all the police he has spoken to say, "I am CRAZY also."

So I called one of the investigative police that spoke to him and she adamantly denied calling me crazy as well as the other 2 investigative police with her. She assured me that calling me CRAZY never ever happened... and all this abuse from the general manager. What a way to communicate to a potential customer that was just a victim of unethical and criminal behavior on the part of his finance director.

He must be nuts if he thinks abusing me and/or calling me names will help him once the authorities start to come after him and his dealership for the their unethical, unfair and deceptive business practices. Many agencies that he is currently unaware of whom I have already contacted. Calling these people scumbags is actually a compliment and one they are not worthy of... Can't wait to see what happens. What a nightmare it has been to deal with such greedy liars and crooks.

Scumbags would be a compliment to this Ed Morse Toyota service department at Delray Beach. I took my car for 30000 miles service which was supposed to cost 115.99 and wheel alignment which was 69.99. During the service, they damaged the pin and rack plus additional services. Here are the recommendations: (1) Headlight restoration special - Remove film/haze from headlights. 79.99. (2) Windshield Wiper Inserts – Replace 35.68. (3) AC refresher 74.45 (4) EFI injector – cleaning 152.00. (5) Belt (Alternator) – Replace 207.67 (6) Steering Rack (SET Reman) – Replace 1748.82. Caution – Needs Attention Soon.

The total of recommended services is US$2301.61, which is 10% of the original cost of the Camry. My Camry had only 36,300 miles on it. I called the Toyota to lodge a complaint about Ed Morse in the hope that Toyota will do something about the damage that was done to my car. Toyota simply passed my complaint to Ed Morse. The service manager called to tell that they would happy to show me the damage in my car. I took it to a local garage and fixed the damage made by Ed Morse. Don’t take your car to this service dealership. They are professional thieves.

*WARNING*SCAM* Dishonest, deceptive practices. Service dept recommended installation of used parts that are faulty. Advised and assured by them that they could obtain and install a reliable used engine in my Toyota, charged $4,500 for repairs. Used engine provided by Toyota then failed within the 90 day warranty period and left me stranded on the side of the road. Now they refuse to honor 90 day written warranty. They are now being dishonest and try to deflect and avoid their deceptive and negligent practices. Have also filed complaints with local BBB and State Atty. office. A crooked operation. Never go here for service.

We came in to lease a car. The sales staff was nice. We went into the finance dept and did all the paperwork. We left the vehicle there for two days since we were going on vacation. Two days later we picked up the vehicle. Then the next day they called back saying they did the paperwork wrong and they need me to resign everything in which I came back in and signed everything. Then two days later I'm told my credit is perfect but in 1995 I had surrendered my vehicle and they can't do the same deal. This is called a yo-yo deal. I told them this is not true but who saves a car loan info from over 21 years ago. I told them to come pick up their van and I will never deal with this dealership again. All they wanted was me to come in to re-negotiate a new deal. These people are scumbags.

DON’T EVEN THINK OF GOING THERE!!! I’m a 77-year-old widow and they sure saw me coming. I went in for a 2015 Camry SE, 6 cyl. w/ leather seats. I ended up with a 4 cylinder, cloth seat for more than a 6 cyl. would cost at another dealer. The salesman, Jesus **, actually convinced me that I had to pay full sticker price if I wanted their special financing deal. Other dealers told me this is not true. He would not negotiate the price of the car. Then he told me that because my trade-in had been in an accident, he could only give me $2,000 because the car could not be re-sold. Another lie. I saw my old car on their website the following week for $6,700.

I went back the next day to try and cancel the deal but because there is no 3-day cancellation for a car purchase in Florida, they wouldn't even discuss it. But they did give me a $1,000 discount and re-wrote the sales contract. What does that tell you? I blame myself for not doing my research before I went to Ed Morse…but they really did take advantage of me. DON’T GO THERE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ed Morse Toyota?

I went in at 8:30 for a simple oil change as I have my car serviced elsewhere. I get some kid, with a different logo shirt on, who wants to sell me on having my headlights brightened, which I just had done. I say "what car are you looking at?" He points to mine. The lights are clearly "clear". He laughs and walks away. I get a call at 10 a.m., about all the things wrong with my car. I tell service writer to simply change the oil. I get a call at noon that my car's ready. I pick it up at 1:30 and it's nowhere in sight. They have to go get it. They pull up, but it's not washed, which is protocol. I inquire of the Service Mgr., who tells me I have an attitude. I ask if it wasn't washed because I didn't buy any of the additional services. He said I should assume things that it's no big deal the protocol wasn't followed. Don't take your car here unless you want to be hounded to get services you don't need.

Ed Morse Toyota sold we five cars. Three had been in accident and when I returned to buy my six vehicle from them they would only give me peanuts for a vehicle that they sold me five months earlier. I wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing but they did not. No integrity there. My advice, see go to another dealer. This is first day I have ever done an online dealer review. They will give you empty words to do the right thing next time, but will not come out of their pocket helping the customer on their next deal. Respectfully these people are greedy. I give you my word - all is true.

I had purchased a 2012 Toyota Corolla in October 2012 with an Extended Warranty. This warranty cost was $1,800. However, my car was totaled in September 2014 (18,000 miles) and when I asked for a refund for this warranty, I was told I would receive a prorated refund of $1,200. My car was still under the manufacturer warranty of 3 years/36,000 miles. I asked the manager if something had gone wrong, you would have used the manufacturer warranty, correct? He agreed but would still not give me a full refund. I have seen other warranty brochures and they promise full refund if car is totaled by insurance company. If there is anybody with similar experience, please let me know. We may have a class action lawsuit potential here.

I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla 10 months ago. I spent $22,000 on this new car. I have previously owned a Toyota and am loyal to Toyota vehicles. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I had large rust spots on the back headliner of my car. One rust spot was in the middle of the headliner and the other was along the side panel. I immediately knew this was not normal in a brand new car. I took the car to Ed Morse DelRay service. The service I received was among the worst I have ever experienced. The service advisor that looked at my car is Donna. I showed her the rust spots and she said she would send it back to have the technician look at it. She came back and told me that it was not rust but food. I knew immediately this was completely false. I know nothing about cars but I do know the difference between rust and food. I took my car to Lipton Toyota and they agreed the spots were not food. They sent the car back to the technician and came back to me and told me that it was rust and the headliner needs to be completely replaced.

I am absolutely disturbed by the way Donna handled this. All it takes it common sense to know the difference between rust and food. I showed the spots to several people and they thought that I was joking that a service advisor at a dealership told me I had food spots on the headliner of my car. I don't have kids and I don't have people that sit in my back seat that would rub food all over the headliner. One person I showed the spots to that has kids told me that kids wouldn't even rub food in those areas. It is completely absurd to tell someone that rust is food. I am thankful for Lipton Toyota and they couldn't stop laughing that I was told that the spots in my car were food. After I visited Lipton I immediately called and talked to Carroll ** and she said she would immediately tell the manager.

I received a call from Donna saying that there was no bulletin on this issue. This greatly disturbed me because who cares if there is or not. Is it not her job to find what is causing it? Does she need a bulletin to tell her I have rust in my car? Donna also asked me for the contact information for Lipton. I know she called them and all she kept saying was there is no bulletin. Which they of course put her in her place saying, "Well it isn't food?" Of course she had no response. I also contacted Toyota corporate. Toyota corporate told me they contacted Carroll ** and she again told them that there was no bulletin. Toyota corporate told me that they rely on the dealership's technical expertise to diagnose and repair any conditions that may develop with a vehicle. Toyota corporate said, "You have access to technical resources should you need it." I hope this isn't the direction of the dealership to only service and repair vehicles based on a bulletin.

Toyota corporate agreed that bulletin or no bulletin Donna's responsibility was to repair my car and advise me of the issue. Does it bother you that you have a service advisor advising rust is food? I have been to tons of dealership and have never been to a dealership that didn't want to advise me on the issue or even worse they didn't want to fix the issue. It is very scary that Donna needs a bulletin to know there is an issue. I hope this is not common practice at the dealership. Donna and Carroll seem to keep saying there was no bulletin, but is this an excuse for the mistake Donna made? I am greatly disturbed that they keep saying that there is no bulletin because I am supposed to then be ok with it? There was a bulletin for the 09-12 which again disturbs me because then Donna should have used her common sense to think there might be an issue with the 2013. If there is no bulletin then Donna should have figured out why my 2013 has rust in it. That is her job, isn't it? Lipton Toyota fixed it! They got the whole $1500 covered with my warranty. They knew it was not normal and went above and beyond.

I recently bought a used Lexus IS250 from this dealer. I understand the car is used and sold as is, but when I test drove the car, I mentioned to the salesperson that the lights are not working and the A/C is, although the air is circulated inside, you can smell every scent from the outside that can cause serious nauseousness. I picked up the vehicle and they still hadn't fixed the light or the A/C issue. He told me to call him and he will get it fixed. I called for an entire week and left numerous voicemails. Since I didn't get a response from Ed Morse, I took the car to the Lexus dealer. They quoted $300 for the light and $1,200 for the A/C. Since the dealer said the damper door is broken, so that's the reason for the smell.

I decided to drive to the dealer, which is about 45 minutes away from my home. When I got there, as I tried to explain the situation to the used car manager, he said there's nothing they can do as the salesperson no longer works there. My wife said, "Because the salesperson left, doesn't that mean we are screwed?" The used car manager got in my wife's face and told her to shut up before he kicks her out of the dealership (great customer service from this guy). I said, "Are you serious? I paid cash for my vehicle and this is the way your treat us." After waiting 3 1/2 hours and explained the situation to 3 different managers and service advisers, they fixed only the light and they told me to get the A/C fixed myself.

Bottom line, these people promise you the world when you are making a purchase, but their customer service and follow-up sucks.. I will never recommend anyone to this dealer. In this day and age, I think you need a lawyer to purchase a car. So although I paid cash $15k for my car, I got screwed by this dealer. So Ed Morse, do us a favor and train your employees with some class and customer service because your dealership is all about the buck and not the customer.

This dealer totally ripped off my 83-year-old mother. They sent her a letter saying that she could get full value for her old Camry, which was in excellent condition. When she got to the dealership, they gave a very poor trade-in value and they charged her a ridiculous price for a new Camry. Basically, they pulled a bait and switch. They were extremely rude and hung up on me twice when I called to complain about the way they took advantage of her.

Several months ago, I went to Ed Morse to buy tires for my Toyota 2007 Prius. During the mounting, etc. of said tires, I was informed that additional work needed to be performed by the service dept. I was not given an opportunity to discuss all these 'necessary' items as to cost, the actual necessity of the items and whether the 'auto service required' light really needed to be done. These additional items cost me over $400 without discussing them in depth with me prior to performing the service. This practice is very common with this dealer; look for another 'reputable' Toyota dealer in the area such as Palm Beach Toyota or Earl Stewart Toyota. The economic damage was the more than $400 expense that was not required at the time of service.

On Dec. 8, 2009, I purchased four Hancook Tires 215/55/17 for my 2006 Avalon. The tires were mounted, speed balanced, and a wheel alignment on all four tires. The next day, Wednesday, Dec. 9th, at 8 am while driving at approximately 65 miles per hour on I-95, three of the four new tires blew out (the two front and left rear). The vibration and rubber burning with much smoke coming from underneath the car made it difficult to get from the center lane to the right shoulder of the road. Miraculously, we were able to do it without any injury.

When we called the Toyota dealership, they told us to call Beck's Towing who came to us within a half hour. They towed the car and when it went into the repair bay, Marvin ** saw that the only thing left of the tires was the riding surface. The side walls of the tires were totally gone. When we asked what and how could this have happened, there was no reason given. They did, however, replace the four tires with Bridgestone top of the line tires. Again, they did an alignment and speed balance. The car is riding fine now. I just felt that an answer should have been given other than it was an act of God. It was certainly an act of God that we were not injured.

On July 19, 2006, I purchased a 2007, Scion tC from your dealership in Delray Beach, Florida. It is a standard tC with no options. The car was on the lot, they brought it up from the dealership in Deerfield Beach, Florida. At the time of purchase, I was not made aware that the wheels were "chrome dipped". Approximately a year later the wheels were pitted. I asked the dealership to put standard wheels on my care but the assured me that the "chrome dipped" wheels that they were putting on would not pit. After approximately 6-8 months, the wheels pitted again.

I brought my car back and after repeated phone calls and visit to the dealership, I was told that the dipped wheels were not covered under warranty and that I would have to share the cost to put standard wheels on the car. I cannot understand why I should have to burden the cost of putting standard wheels on my car, when I never paid extra for chromed wheels and was never made aware of it when I purchased the car. I have been in contact with Tim Baird and Eric Solcox at the Delray dealership. I am expecting a response to this complaint that will satify me with standard wheels at not cost to me....

We too our Toyota Avalon in because the check engine light came on. They advised us that a sensor was bad and would cost approx. $350 to repair. They also advised that several routine maintenance items were due. We agreed to most of the routine maintenance items they advised plus the replacement of the defective sensor causing the check engine light to appear. Total bill was $1860. On the way home from the dealership the check engine light came on again. Upon returning the car to the Ed Morse Toyota the following day we were advised that yet another $450 repair would be required to fix the check engine light problem. After complaining to the general manager, the charge was reduced to $200. We felt it should have been repaired at no cost since their original diagnosis was obviously either wrong or incomplete causing us needless extra time to returning the car. Their attitude was totally unapologetic. We will not return to this dealership.

Ed Morse Toyota Company Profile