Ed Morse Honda

Riviera Beach, FL

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The absolute worst service I have ever experienced in my life. Tim ** who is a service tech over there trying to sell me an engine that I did not need and refuse to take responsibility for the car breaking down, insisting that they can do no wrong and make no mistakes. Well then why does my car need an engine? You were the last one to work on it. Anyway there are liars or cheaters there and confident and if you want to get ripped off that's the place to go.

Purchased a 2015 Accord. They signed me up for an extended contract without fully explaining the coverage (agreed, I should have been more aware). The financial individual was a bully. When asked a question he answered, "I can't do that." (Okay, so I should have walked.) When I drove the 2015 it had a warranty problem. Took it back to Ed Morse three times, over the length of 8 months. They could not locate the problem.

I called American Honda, was assigned a case #. Still, Ed Morse could not locate the problem and they tried to write it up as though it was the owner's problem. Went back to service. Had them rewrite it. (Had to go to a manager. Service person said, "No, we can't do that.") Took my 2015 Accord to Coggin Honda in Fort Pierce, Florida. They diagnosed the problem within 20 minutes and fully repaired it under warranty. No cost to myself.

I met with the top manager at Ed Morse (Michael **). In compensation to all my troubles he gave me free service for a year. How ironic, how idiotic. Why would I want service from a company that could not diagnose a problem after 3 visits and 8 months? Ed Morse is not honest with their dealings; you feel like you've been slimed when you leave. Go to Coggin Honda, Fort Pierce, Florida and you will get an honest deal and great service.

No cleanup the car inside, reduced car tires air to 34, whereas I have filled with nitrogen for 40 psi to go for long trip journey. Requested Mr. ** to check the alignment, the car is pulling one side while driving. The servicemen didn't do it. Tire rotation, I didn't asked for, the servicemen checked for. Totally I am not happy for this service. Last visit we pay $500 for service. I have to spend again to fill nitrogen air at Costco. Sorry to say this visit of service.

I give 2 stars only excellent for fixing air bag recall, giving loaner for 4 days because it wasn’t in stock. Service rep was courteous and helpful. But I would give no stars for misdiagnosis of faulty transmission. I had check engine light on and paid $90 to diagnose. But also had computer recall for transmission computer reset. They must have read sensor tripping computer code saying torque locking up on transmission. Quoted $4500 to replace. I got second opinion because car was not having any signs of tranny slipping or dying. My personal mechanic said nothing wrong at all. Ed Morse mechanic probably didn't even check to see if torque locking up. Plus they came up with ball joints, tie rods, brakes, struts shocks, fluids (although I just had coolant and tranny fluid replaced couple months ago), totaling another $3500. Totaling $8000 when car only worth $5000 and none of it needed fixed. Rip off artists.

I wanted to cancel extended warranty and other four car service contracts for my new Honda Pilot and I was told it was not possible. I spoke to the warranty extension companies and they all agreed that I was within my rights to get the contracts canceled. The finance manager keeps stalling cancellation based on arguments such as : I don't have the forms to be signed by the car owner and creating a false link between one warranty protection Co. with another warranty protection Co.so that neither can be cancel. For example: The finance manager stated that I could NOT cancel the Wise Care contract, because it was attached to the XZILON agreement, I contact by phone Anne Marie from Wise Care client services department who affirm to me that I had 60 days to cancel according to section V / Cancellation of the contract/agreement. Ed Morse Honda's refusal to grant my right to cancel the contracts listed below compels me to bring this serious matter to your attention, before taking any further actions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ed Morse Honda?

I had been offered $5000 for my trade in from another dealer less than forty eight hours before Ed Morse Honda offered me $300.

Traded 2003 Acura Tl. Apparently it was worth much more than I thought. I came home with so much paper work I couldn't believe it. It ranged from warranties on my tires to service, dent and dings, theft, etc. etc. I have never been ripped off as badly as I was at Ed Morse. The only way to describe the finance guy then was "thug". Chris **, my salesman, right along side of him. In fact a day after leasing the car and noting he drove a BMW he said the Honda was a piece of crap. Never again. Ever.

Four months ago, I went for an oil change and tire rotation at Ed Morse Honda. I went home that night and noticed oil under my car, a small puddle. I crawled under my car and saw that the drain plug was loose. I took pictures on my phone went to Ed Morse the next morning and told them what the incompetent mechanic did. I wanted my money back. They said, “No, your next oil change will be free.” I said okay; not feeling good about the extra driving and stress they’ve caused me.

Four months later, yesterday, I went for my free oil change. They did an inspection on the car and said I need new front tires. I said okay. I popped the hood for the service guy and looked under the hood. There is no cap on the engine oil reservoir. I said I’ve been driving around for 5,000 miles with no oil cap. I was appalled. The service manager said, “Don’t put words in my mouth,” and that he would take care of his employees. I had to speak to one of the general managers. Then I left there after they cleaned all the spattered oil off my motor and an oil change. I looked down an hour later, and they checked my AC filter behind the glove box, and the cover of the AC filter is lying on the passenger floor. Are you for real? Back to the dealership. You know, I suggested three months ago that they should have people double checking people’s work especially oil changes, and the person checking the work still dropped the ball. I don’t even want my car anymore. There is no peace of mind that something is going to happen now.

I called twice, Saturday 7/29/11, to ask for appointment to turn in my lease. They said no appointment is necessary to come, anytime. I called at 5:30 to check their closing time and I was told 6pm. I raced there and got there at 5:45. I asked the receptionist for Jim as I was told. She said he left. However, he was sitting right in front of her with six (6) other salesmen waiting to leave. He came over to me and I handed him my key. I told him I was here to turn in my car.

He was rude and rolled his eyes. He said that “I don’t normally take in leases on the weekends”. Are you kidding me??? When does a working person have the time to do that? He acted like he was doing me a favor and proceeded to ignore me. He went and took the mileage, printed out a paper that I signed and within 5 minutes it was over!

Really!!!!

With one minute to spare (it was only 5:59), he went off on me. While he was doing his fancy paperwork, I went to look for a manager and found the sales manager. I told him the story and he was apologetic and was quite nice.

I immediately called the General Manager as his mobile number was on his card, but he was just as rude as his Lease Manager Jim. Now I wonder why have that attitude? Anyway, I ended that conversation with no satisfaction. I will pass this story on to as many people as I know. To never buy a car from Ed Morse Honda!!!!!!

We were working with Mike the salesman at the used car center. We were purchasing a used 1997 Saturn, we agreed upon a price. On Wednesday September 8, we called Mike to say our mechanic was coming by to check out the car. We agreed upon a price, and were on our way there to make the deal. We got a call stating not to come, we sold the car to someone else who was willing to pay more money.

How dare a company, who's reputation should be good, be so sneaky. I will advertise to all friends, family and associates to never deal with Ed Morse Honda again. The economic hardship is that we are in our 70's and watch every penny. They tried to push a newer car on us but we kept going back to the Saturn because it was used and we could pay cash. The emotional damage is that we trusted the dealership only to be shattered by this total experience.

Service department recommended I get a new serpentine belt, pollen filter and new front brakes. My husband who designs parts of the shuttle engine had recently replaced all those items. In addition, I went in for an AC problem that started the last time I visited the same dealer. They recommended a new condensor and drier which had been replaced on the vehicle as well and worked fine. Diagnostic cost me $96.00 and my time. In addition, if I would have got the repairs they recommended, it would have been close to $1,000.00.

I took my 1998 honda accord into the dealership for a diaognostic. Personal returned and told me that the oxygen sensor and timing belt were in need of being replaced. I told them to conduct the work due to my being led to believe that this was all that was wrong. After getting home (two hours later) I received a phone call from the dealership stating that I now needed a new transmission for the vehicle and that the other work was already completed. My bill suddenly went from an $80 diaognostic to a thousand dollars. Upon complaining all they could do was authorize a ten percent reduction in the bill.

I discovered that there was internet special for ten percent off already for the type of repair work done on my vehicle meaning that the company never took any monetary loss what so ever. If I had known about the transmission during the intial exam I would not have had them conduct the work. When i went in to complain I was met with a service manager who stated that since I ordered the intital work on the car that I would be responsible for payment even though a complete diognostic would and should have saved me 900 dollars I have not been able to get any satisfaction at all and I had to get rid of the car due to the problems that it had and buy a new one for my family.

My husband and I, and my two daughters leased a 2003 Honda Odyssey from Ed Morse all within the same month and from the same salesman. It just came to our attention, after one of our daughters needed tires, that there is a special lug nut that is needed to take the tires off. We spoke to our salesman and he told us it was too late now that we should have realized when we bought the car that it was not there so, therefore, it would cost each of us $25.00 to purchase one now. Wouldn't you think that out of three cars leased within 30 days of each other (what a nice commission he got!) at least one of us would have had this in the car? After speaking to two other Odyssey owners that purchased from a different dealer, I found that they do indeed come with the car!

Ed Morse Honda Company Profile