Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

I purchased a set of 4 - 20" Primewell AT's for my wife's 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. Firestone mounted and said they balanced them. I ended up with a severe shake, loud thumping noise on the highway and a rattle, causing me to take the truck to a Dodge service center for them to use their "Finger Adjustment Plate" to try and properly balance the ties. Two long visits later with NO LUCK. It has NEW brake rotors, NEW brake pads, NEW rear axle, NEW front hubs, NEW shocks, NEW ball joints. Dodge confirmed all parts that could have caused the issues at hand were replaced and NEW, ruling them ALL out. The final decision given to me by 3 different licensed service techs was that the tires themselves were BAD, out of round and deformed. They advised me to take all 4 of them back immediately before I get screwed royally by Firestone!

Original review: July 22, 2015

I have been buying Firestone tires forever. I go through tires fairly fast. Do a lot of driving. Last few sets of the Destination LE tires I got for my Toyota truck. I only got about 1/2 the mileage. Alignment is fine, rotate frequently, and balance. Up till now Firestone have been pretty fair and credited me on my next set. This last set of the Destination LE were terrible. Always shake at 55-70 mph. I would take it in and have balance and rotate -- still same problem. I said, "Something wrong with your balance machine, or there is a tire problem." "Oh no, rest assured everything is fine."

I got frustrated after driving on these tires for almost 30,000 miles and most uncomfortable ride ever. It was hard for me to take my truck in all the time. For one they are too busy and you have to make a appointment, and leave my truck all day for oil change, balance and rotate. That's insane. The last visit I asked them, can they trade me out of these tires? And they said they would give me 30% off on a new set. On a defective set of tires?? That's not fair. Should at least be 50% and even at that, I think Firestone should give me a set. But to be human and fair I think I should get at least 50% off. I wish Firestone corporation would help me on this.

Original review: July 19, 2015

Bought a set of Primewell tires for Ford SUV. Have 5,300 miles on them and less than 3 years age (purchased Sept 2011). Tread wear is less than 15%. Tires have been leaking air slowly and continuously since purchase and now 2 have severe tread separation. Only a matter of time before the other 2 fail. Will only be reimbursed partially for 2 of the 4 because, technically, the other 2 have not yet separated. No way would I not replace all of these tires. Was told by Firestone dealer the tire separation was caused by dry rot due to my SUV not being parked inside a garage.

In my opinion that is nonsense. Bought road hazard warranty and paid for mounting, tire stems, etc. Have 40,000 mile warranty that will not begin to cover loss of having to get 4 new tires already to replace faulty, inferior Firestone's. Not to mention a defect like this could cause severe injury. Will never buy another Firestone product again. Ever. Why has there not been a consumer protection investigation into some of the issues in these reviews? Gave this review 2 stars, as first star is angry, 2 is dissatisfied. I am not angry, but extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: July 12, 2015

So I called the store in Desoto Tx today, just simply wanting to know about any warranty that I may have available. Well, a young lady by the name of Vanessa pulls my account up in the system and proceeds to tell me about what they didn't charge me for. So again asked her about a warranty. She still continue to Tell me that I did not choose to purchase a warranty. So I asked her... "Ma'am if someone comes to your store and purchase 4 brand new tires, the only way that person will get a warranty is if they purchase it?" She then states "Well you have a 40000 warranty that comes with the tires." WOW! I don't understand why she wouldn't have told me that at the beginning? I have never had an issue with the store until today. Up until today management and all of the employees have treated us with the best customer service!!!

Original review: July 8, 2015

I drive for a living, sometimes quite long distances!! I bought two new Firestone tires 3 months ago. My understanding was these were supposedly a fairly good tire!! (Back Wheels) To my horror they were anything but!! The road noise was deafening. The centre of the tire wore to the limit on the tire thread gauge after only 20,000 Kilometers.

Original review: May 22, 2015

I purchased 4 new Destination LE tires at a local tire shop in my home town of Independence, VA 24348. I chose the Firestone Destination LE because of the brand name and tread life warranty of 65,000 miles and also because of the look - I am old school and like smooth sidewalls without all of the fine decoration. The tire performed well in regard to ride and road noise. However the tires didn't wear very well. I had only 23,000 miles and I was down (to 5/32 tread life from 17/32 when new stated by Firestone rep 1-800-847-3272).

I live in southwest VA in the mountains where it snows a lot in the winter. The wear bars were showing and I changed tires and sent the Firestone Tires off for adjustment. Firestone rep advised me that they would not give me a adjustment because the tires were not down to 2/32 tread life. I might have got another 7 to 8 thousand miles if I was lucky and that would have still only been around half of the tread life 30,000 miles of the tire. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the tires would have worn out before 65,000 miles. So I would not advised purchasing Firestone tires. I will not buy anymore Firestone tires "as in sandlot forever".

Original review: May 7, 2015

Two different size tires were placed on the front of my 2004 Neon by Firestone tire in Richmond, Ind. on November 2014, burned up transmission too. l lost $2.000 dollars, called their corporate office several times, faxed bills that we paid by myself to them. They just blew me off saying that STUFF HAPPENS - not their fault.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I bought four new Firestone tires two months ago. I noticed a bulge in the sidewall of one of the tires. I check the warranty online which says that they will repair any defects such as sidewall issues. When I got to Firestone, they said that the problem was a pothole not their tire. And I gave them difficulty about that answer, they said "we will look inside the tire and see." Of course they came back saying "it was not sidewall" and I gave them difficulty about that answer. They said "we will look inside the tire and see." Of course they came back saying "it was not a defective sidewall." I will not buy these tires again. Firestone has a totally fake warranty that is meaningless to the consumer.

Original review: March 26, 2015

I took my used 2000 jeep in to have it looked over. After their inspection I was given a list of problem with prices. The prices were 2-3 times more than I could buy them at the auto parts store. When I emailed to ask why it took two weeks for a reply that told me the added cost was for a warranty. I do not buy extended warranties on anything. Why should I be made to buy one from them on a part for a 15 year old car. I am not happy with their reasoning of the time it took to even get a reply.

Original review: March 25, 2015

In late 2013 I purchased 4 Firestone Tires (replacement tires) for my 2011 Ford Mustang which was purchased new. The 4 tire replacement was due to an accident that occurred the previous day. 2 of the 4 tires blew-out, so I replaced all 4. I honestly thought the double tire punctures may have been caused by a road hazard during the accident. At the time, I did not associate the accident with what seems to be coming to fruition all on its own now. A preventative recall needs to take place on regarding the defects of these Firestone Tires!

From 2013 to present, the new tires had only 12,000 miles of wear on them but I continue to experience the same "Low Tire Pressure" issues ironically on a brand new recently replaced tire! I replaced a perfectly good tire due to an unrepairable flat (according to Firestone). This time around the low pressure warning occurred while driving on the turnpike in a heavy downpour of rain. I drove with extreme caution and arrived at my destination safely. When leaving I discovered my tire was completely flat?? Low tire pressure warning to flat? I had to purchase a brand new tire replacing 1 with only 12,000 miles of wear? Firestone would not warranty, so I spent $141.00 + + totaling $214.00 when done!

I'm thinking back & the old tires had an uneven and unusually fast wear about them but I figured it was due to the high performance tires? The replacements had to be done regardless but to continue experiencing the pressure warnings due to defects in a tire that are causing Dangerously Low Tire Pressure is certainly problematic. It's downright disgusting and grossly irresponsible by the manufacturer! The reality of it appears to be this, how many people need to die before a hazardous defect is considered hazardous enough? There is a simple solution "A Preventative Recall" needs to take place, yesterday! If you are experiencing suspiciously obvious defects with any brand tire, please take action and write a review! These consumer resources were up to date and the only one way I was able to find similar truths in addition to my own experience! We are the family of consumers, it's imperative we be heard!

Firestone Tire Specifications: Firehawk Wide-Oval AS BL 235 / 50R18. Dot # V61PW062214

Original review: March 19, 2015

Got talked into buying tires. Bought Primewell. Possibly the WORST tires I have ever owned. They make the car wiggle when driving over seams in the road. I believe they are a safety hazard. My last tires were Dunlops. They told me they were comparable. Then I find out they are made in China.

Original review: March 15, 2015

I went to Firestone last year for new tires. Everyone was nice and they serviced my care, did the inspection and did not come up with a million things wrong. Well this year my son needed tires and we brought his car in and they gave him an estimate of like $1700 worth of work. "Nope we just wanted new tires, we'll pass." The following week I go in since I got my coupon for NYS inspection. Now I needed $700 worth of work plus whatever they find when they perform the diagnostics. Well I had been to the dealer 2 weeks earlier and had my vehicle completely checked out and repaired. They failed the inspection. I did not have what they suggested fixed, brought my vehicle back to dealer, passed inspection with NO issues!! Cost me $20.80. Ripoff!!!!

Original review: March 12, 2015

Primewell tires - These tires were noticeably splitting in the center of the tire with 10,000 miles. The company prorated the replacement and we now need new tires and an alignment. Very dissatisfied with the quality and safety of this product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

Overpricing on car. Kept finding different stuff. Charged of $1000 in 2 weeks, on fixed income on budget. Won't ever go back. Dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

I purchased a set of Firestone avid tires top of Firestones line up and found them to be out of round by Toyota's spec's of 3mm or less described by their bulletin. They in return put another set of Firestone tires on Destination LE2 and had the same conditions vibrations at highway speeds due to out of round of tire. Went to Toyota 4 times for them to tell me the same thing - tires out of round. They used a lateral run out gauge to test them. Replaced at my cost one tire to show me it was the problem but Firestone told me they don't use that to find a problem, basically they go by a whim.

Now after rotation of tires problems back and 8 months into the tires with only 6000 miles on tires they want to charge me more to balance again 5 times firestone and 4 times dealer to prove the problem lies within the tires and all along after sitting for one hour tire acquire flat spots. They damaged the frame of my vehicle rims and center caps that had just been repainted. Firestone bad place. I wish that people had more pride in their products. Now I have to pay to have tires tried and rebalanced at my cost of 130.00 +tax, not fair. How can I get help.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Bought 4 new tires (06/2013) for my 2008 Dodge Durango and now have to replace all 4 valves in each tire to the quoted tune of $493.00. I've called Firestone and asked if it seems odd that 4 valves in new tires have rotted and cracked off. They do agree it is strange to be happening in all 4 tires but because I live in New England they are blaming the salt on the road... HUH?????

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

I put a set of new Firestones on my Mustang 4 years (25,000 miles) ago. Since then, I have had four flats because of punctures -- EACH TIME THE SAME TIRE. What are the odds of that? All three of the others have been fine. Still plenty of tread left on all. Switching brands now forever.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

In June of 2013 I purchased 4 Firestone Destination LE tires for my Ford truck. After a little over 23,000 miles the sidewall blew apart at 70 miles per hour. I returned to the place of purchase and found I needed to purchase another tire because Firestone doesn't care if you have bad experiences with their tires that was supposed to last 60,000 miles. I will mention the tires were always kept at manufacturer's recommended tire pressure.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I have complained about my tires I bought and brakes over and over to Firestone-- tires are loud, brakes are grinding! I take it in over and over. They tell me they are just cold, but it does the same thing when it's hot! I take it to a different place to have my tires looked at. They say, "they are cupping." Go back to Firestone, they "oh they aren't" - again "it is just cold." It is horrible dealing with them! I don't have money to buy new tires and the time to take it in all the time... So frustrating. :/

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I took my car to the Firestone store at 7th St and Union Hills in Phx. They forgot to put oil back in. The engine seized up. I want satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

Bought 4 tires from Firestone. They said 60K warranty and placing an all-season tires. Spent 850 for Firestone tires. Used it for 15 months for 15K miles. Noticed low tread on tires and spoke with representative. He said we need to replace. When mentioned about warranty he said no warranty. It is miscommunication between us at the old time. They just rip off.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

I have used Firestone Tires for last few years. There have been always an issue with these tires. First, one of them made some clicking noise when I drove over highway. They told me that a tread has gone bad in it and they changed the tire under warranty. Since then every tire they put on my car had some kind of problem. They cupped, cracked, or wear out so quickly. They blame it on my breaks and alignment and sold me lifetime break and alignment services. But each time I go there, I end up paying for some kind of maintenance issues for the their garbage tires.

To the Firestone Managers "Your ** tires are the problem, not my new car, do business in honest manner if you can." To Consumers "Don't get fooled with their nice and friendly customer services or the bogus lifetime services. Get good tires on your car, they're going last longer, better safety rating, and peace of mind when you are on the road. The last thing you want one of these tires explode on the road and the company is going to simply blame it on you...

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

I bought four tires at Firestone in Bloomfield NJ on Saturday 10/24/14. The following Wednesday I noticed my back tires seems as if it was losing air. I pump air in and moved on. Almost weekly after receiving these new tires I had to constantly put air in one or all four tires. I went to Firestone on 11/22/14 about the issue and was told it is normal for tires to lose air when the weather changes. I wasn't convinced so I asked the agent if he could check if there were any problems with my car that would contribute to this issue. The agent told me to come back on 11/29/14 and they would check my vehicle.

I went back on 11/29 and after 2 hours was told I needed a new tire for the back wheel on the driver’s side because it has bubble. I told the agent it was unfair for me to buy a new tire seeing that it was less than a month since I bought the ones I have. He told me that I did not have any warranty so I have to buy a new tire. After arguing back and forth with the agent with no suitable or fair resolution I left. I thought the tires came with warranty since I was never offered any upon purchased and also believe it should have been replaced free of charge. Because of this horrible and unfair experience I refuse to buy any more tires from Firestone and sorry I gave them my business in the first place.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

I've waited for 2 hrs for Firestone to finally bring my car into their lot and look at it. I was told couple hrs, but what got me upset is they drive my car around then Park it behind another car. Well there was other spaces that doesn't have cars. I'm like take my car on that lift and look at it. It was Park and spaces empty for 2 hrs then they finally drove it on the other side of the lot and finally on the lifter after 2 hrs waiting. I won't be using their service again. They are not fast enough.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

I purchased tires from 4 day tire on Melrose ave in Roanoke Va. I was told the tires had a 50000 mile warranty and would be replaced or prorated in the event something should happen. I was driving down the interstate and noticed my tire was going flat. I pulled over as soon as it was safe and the tire was very low. I used my compressor to pump the tire up until we got off the next exit. We removed the tire and put on a spare. When I got home we pumped up the tire and it had a bulge on the back side of the tire the size of a baseball. I took the tire to 4 day tire and they said to bring back my receipt. I came back with my receipt and was told they could not replace or prorate. They did not remove the tire to see if it was tire damage that caused the soft spot on the tire. I bought firestone because I thought I was buying a quality product with a warranty. I can't afford to buy a new tire after only 4 months of wear and I only drive around 50 miles a week.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2014

I have been trying to get a simple service done for the past 2 days (tire rotation); the location at 7303 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225 has the worst customer service ever. I will not be doing business there again. Wish I had read the previous reviews before.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2014

I recently bought a 2014 Dodge Ram PU that unfortunately had Firestone tires on it. I had a blowout on the the right rear. I subsequently replaced all the tires with a set of GOODYEARS. The reason for this is, I have had three sets of Firestone tires in my life (56 y/o). I have also had three blowouts in my life. All three on the three sets of Firestones. The second incident occurred in the late 90's on a new Ford PU and caused the truck to be totaled. A year later Firestone recalled the tires, but instructed me to bring them in for a refund adjustment. They couldn't understand that the truck was totaled and then crushed. Net effect to me, lost truck, 5 minute conversation with Firestone rep. Bottom line: never again have Firestone tires. Oh yeah, I hope to someday run into a Firestone exec. and give him a piece of my fist.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2014

Overpriced thieves. Save yourself the headache and do business elsewhere! Went to this location because I had two flat tires due to a roadside hazard. The tires were under warranty as to be replace at minimal charge ($28). However my back hub assembly was damaged by incorrect lug nuts being used with the spare. They charged $204 for the replacement hub plus 3.5 hours of labor for $385 - grand total $657. They took full advantage of the situation plus 5 days to get the part/repair done to the vehicle which resulted in the loss of me as a customer who will never return to any Firestone location and write negative reviews on multiple internet sites available. The quote received from a practical mechanic after this turmoil - $125 for the part, $125 for the labor, $250 - is what I should have been charged. Perhaps the inflated cost was well worth indefinitely losing my business BEWARE OF THIS LOCATION and/or ANY LOCATION!

Original review: July 26, 2014

I called around at several tire places in my local area for deals on 4 tires for my Chrysler Sebring. I spoke with a gentleman named Travis who told me what he could for me, which was a better deal than the other places I had called. I also explained to Travis that I needed brakes (& an inspection sticker), & possibly an alignment. I took my car in at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday & seen for myself their shop filled up very quickly, so early, as Travis advised the day before. Not to mention, they already had several cars that customers brought to them the night before to have work done.

I dropped off my car & explained what I needed, who I had spoken to, & what Travis quoted me. They told me they would get me fixed up, & call me when ready. I thought I needed all new brakes & the gentlemen from Firestone called me & told me I only needed back brakes, not brakes on all 4 axles. Also, they did not try & pull a fast one on me & tell me my car was out of alignment, as most do. I picked up my car, when ready & was surprised to see I got a super fantastic deal on my 4 Firestone tires, which I might add are the top of the line Firestone tires & they gave me a discount on my brakes too. I left there only paying a fraction of what the competitor shops quoted me, with a smile on my face simply because I am a female & Firestone did not take advantage of that. They helped me, & most importantly, they did a wonderful job on my car. I am highly impressed with their services, how I was treated, & their honesty with me. Thank you, Firestone for simply doing a job well done. I absolutely will be back!!

Original review: July 5, 2014

I have to do this. I hope it will be of some help to somebody in their decision-making. My Mom owns a 2003 Honda Accord. She's always kept up the maintenance... It's a great car. Several months ago, she took it to Firestone for something or other, and they ended up doing a brake job for $750. I thought damn! But what do I know? So okay.

A few months later, I can't help but notice that there's a squeal when using the brakes, backing out of the driveway. No, not just in the mornings; all the live-long day. Eventually I win the battle with myself, and I take it back to Firestone. Incidentally, the 'OMG Check Engine!' light is on. Firestone dibbles and dabs and putser on a machine, where they are informed that the wutwut sensor is trashed. I ok them to put in a brand new wutwut. They also say that there were some pebbles in the brake some or other, and they got them out... and all is well with my soul - $170. While I'm backing o.o their parking lot... the brakes squeal. I do not possess, at this point, one more single OUNCE of ability to ** & hang, so **, I drive home.

Few months later. I'm ready, again. Firestone appt at 0900 today, 7/5/2014. At 0930 I'm like yo! My car is still sitting where I parked it. Whassup? Feller sez, "Well, you know... some people have appointments and then some just come in and drop 'em off. We're just so busy..." I lovingly and quietly remind him that I HAVE an appt - @ 0900. A few moments later, a mechanic approaches my car and takes it into the bay. One of the things I'd wanted done was a state inspection. For the typical $39.75. The front guy came in at some point and told me that it was actually the road tax sticker that needed replaced; that the inspection is not due until September. Ok, cool.

Five hours later ... the deal is done. The invoice total is in the high $300s. I reminded the guy that he had quoted me $195. He starts itemizing the bill with me and got to the part about $110 for rear brake pads. I quietly reminded him that they cannot charge me for anything to do with the BRAKES, as they had FIXED them already, for $750. He was like, "Oh yeah," and took the $110 off. We're cool, I leave.

But wait! While leaving the parking lot, I think hold up! Did I see they charged for an inspection??? The one that wasn't/isn't due until September? Looking at the bill, I see that yes, they have. Sigh. I park. I walk. I say, "Whoopsie!!" Another $39.75 comes off the bill. Then I leave... Thanking him for his trouble... for the last time, ever. That's my story, Firestone. And you know it to be true. This was the store in Dickinson, Texas... Interstate Hwy I45 at the 646 exit. Peace, Y'all.

Firestone Tires Company Information