2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Tires?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

The tires have lasted me a couple years so far without a problem. I must be honest that I don't have much experience buying tires and don't have any other tires to compare them to. I honestly don't really know what the warranty is for my tires. I just needed a new tire because mine was flat and someone recommended them, so I went with them for my new tire. The tires have lasted me 2 years so far. I've driven many miles on my car. I drive to and from college, driving home 60 miles on some weekends and holidays and they have lasted. I'm pretty in debt in student loans so the price for tires seemed a little outrageous but I looked it up and it seems that all tires are expensive so I guess I would give it three stars.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I've had my tires now for a year and a half and they still feel new. There is very little tread worn down. Very good value for the price. The warranty is competitive with the industry. However, I've never had to exercise my right under the warranty. Tires have been meeting or exceeding their specifications. I have no complaints. The tires still feel like the day they were put on. Performance is great! Tires hug the road like a glove and make me feel safe. They weren't the most expensive tires and yet they perform like some of the more pricey alternatives. I think I got a good value since I've had no issues with them. It was a decision to go with the less expensive, but reliable brand.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Long life, good tread. Felt confident on long road trips and driving in the rain. Warranty was given at Firestone, also can get at Discount Tire and at Sam's Club. Don't care where I get it from. It was really quite simple and it doesn't matter where you go. It was good performance. Hate feeling like you can only go for short distances because you can not trust your tires. The tires were very valuable. I am glad I was forced into having to buy tires. There is nothing more that I would like to do than to sit there in a shop and spend money on tires.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

They are pretty durable and work well in a lot of conditions. They are not the best but they are a pretty good value and I trust Firestone more than other brands. It depends on the tire you buy but the warranty is pretty standard (unless you get winter tires in which case there is no warranty), but they are usually around 60,000 miles. They are pretty good for the price. Again, can get better for more money but for the price you pay you get a pretty good tire.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

The tires lasted a long time. They withstood rocks and sticks. The tread lasted a long time. The tires wear was even on each tire. There were no major problems with the tire. The rubber was good and lasted a longtime. The tires could be replaced or fixed as needed. I could take the tire in and have the tread measured. If there is a problem with the tire I can get a discount on replacing it. It lasted a long time. There was no slipping. The tires were better than others used. The handling seemed better. The tires are usually on sale. They have lower prices than other brands.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

This product is has a great durability. Made from the good quality material. They are long lasting and always has the excellent performance. I can say that this product has a good warranty. It is a good quality durable and long lasting. I can tell that this tires can use for longer time than others. The performance is great. I don't have any problem with them. It can be used any time in the season winter or summer or spring or fall. The value is very good. They are excellent quality and excellent performance and the most important has a best price and value of the product.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Have driven 1000 miles on hot Texas roads in the last 2 months and they still look, feel, and act new. Our mechanic and salesperson helped us find the best deal for quality, quantity, the age of our car, gas mileage, etc. The tires we got are guaranteed to 40k miles. Since our car has 115k on it we weren’t sure how many more miles our car would last, or if we got another car if our tires would fit it. This warranty helped us feel reassured that no matter what happens we made a good decision. We had recently replaced the suspension in our car and we’re getting an oil change and alignment on top of 4 new tires.

The new tires made a world of difference. Our fuel economy improved as well & our mechanic made us aware of some engine damage we weren’t aware of and had we waited our engine block would have cracked. Instead we've repaired our car and it should last another 100k. For getting the 4 tires at once Firestone had both the best price and reviews and then the best customer service too. We anticipated needing over $550, since it's what we'd spent last time, but with Firestone we only spent $350. We were surprised.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Good quality materials and the rubber had lasted a long time even after 5000 miles. Ran over screed and rocks and it still hold up well. It covers a wide range of options and gives me peace of mind that I won't be out if something happens to the tires. The service is reliable too. Performs well in rain, the snow, dirt, and the road. Bumps and ** hardly dent it and the treads still hold up well. You can't go wrong. Definitely value for your money. Not going to find another good set of tires like these at their prices. Try to find it and you'll see you can't find better deals.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I don't know about these tires. I think the USA lets anything in here made in China. I had a tire blow up on me. Good thing I was doing only 45. They only had 13,000 miles since new. I never had a tire with good tread just let go but this one did. It's scary that I have 4 of these things on my car. If I get any more I will get a lawyer and sue the crap out of Primewell or Firestone.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

With only a little over 3,000 miles on these tires, so far they seem to be wearing well. These tires are quieter, than my previous tires, with no significant vibration. They also seem to handle well on wet pavement. The warranty states: These tires have a 70,000 mile, tread wear limited warranty. The best of any of the Firestone Tires on the market. I am happy with the warranty on these tires. It was one of the main reason I chose these tires over some of the others I looked at. Performance is quite good. My van seems to handle much better, doesn't seem to lose traction as easily as before. I shopped around, looked at a lot of tires. The price was very comparable to the other tires I checked out. In some cases even a little less expensive with a much better warranty.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Very nice in the way of driving. Especially down dirt roads. In the town I live in, we are mostly countryside so the tires are very important. Not to mention they last through the winter which is a big deal since I'm from Colorado. Doesn't slide as much on the snow and ice. The warranty is alright, but that may depend on where I got my tires, which is from a local shop here in town. I feel like if I were to get it from a big name store like Big O Tires or another shop related to that when the warranty would’ve been cheaper. The performance is great. They work excellent in the winter, I have had tires that strip so easily during the winter that would cause me to buy new ones in the spring, but the Firestone tires don't strip during the winter which saves me money. The value is a little pricey but I feel like I'm paying for what I get. The tires are good quality and last me a couple years before I need new ones. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

We have traveled every year a lot for 6 years with the same tires and they are still in good conditions. Our trips consisted to cities as far as 9 hrs away. We would take about 15 trips each year. I would totally recommend this to a friend or family member. Have not yet experienced a problem that required warranty but we are happy with the warranty policy. Although the person that recommended Firestone told me that once tire got damaged too soon and they were really helpful with the warranty. The tires have a very good performance. I have not experienced a problem with them so far. Very good traction. They work great in slippery road. I would say that taking into account performance, durability and warranty Firestone tires live up to their value. They are tires that are worth the money because they ensure good performance and even good safety.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

The Firestone tires I purchased have held up very well and I have no complaints whatsoever. The treadwear is even as long as I rotate them. The wear has been very consistent and I've been very satisfied with the tires. I forget the exact mileage but it was a very acceptable mileage for the warranty on these tires. It was a little more than other tires which was one of the reasons I purchased them. And the Taswell outlasted the guaranteed mileage that I was promised. The performance of these tires is very consistent. They held up very well. They maneuvered very well on wet conditions as well as snowy conditions and I thought very safe having these tires on my car. I think these tires were a good value. They were a little bit more expensive than some other brands but the warranty was higher. It's a brand that I trust and the brands that is well respected.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Durable tires that worked well for me off road as well as for everyday life. Would purchase these tires again for sure. Very low wear and tear. The warranty was comparable to other tire brands. I have no complaints about the warranty of these tires and feel like I got my monies worth. Fires performances as expected. There were no problems and I would recommend these tires to anyone who is in the market for new tires. Great value and good deal. Paid a reasonable amount for the tires and I feel that I got a great deal. There are other brands who cost around the same but I feel like this was worth it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

The Firestone brand is the only one we buy. I highly recommend these, as they are durable and usually last as long if not longer than the manufacturer states they should. I have used their warranty only once, due to a flat. It was quick and easy with no issues. Their customer service was friendly and helpful and because they were new they gave me a full credit on a new one. I work as a delivery driver and need my tires to work as hard as I do regardless of the condition. I drive in rain and snow and feel secure with the Firestone tires that I buy to get me through all kinds of weather. Slightly pricey but worth the price as they are well made and wear slowly. I have to have good tires and will pay the extra few dollars. They also usually run rebates on a regular basis which makes up for the price difference.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Highest performance. Was really good stuff to the world. Turns with sharp. Everything I expected in my tires and in the snow. It was great. Had no time or trouble stuck in it. The warranty was 40 years and if anybody slash my tires it was under warranty. If my tire had a nail it was under warranty. If something anything was wrong with my tires in 2 years it was under warranty. The performance was amazing. Everything was great. I drove fast and when I hit the brakes the tires didn't get more than 30 feet. It was awesome. I can feel the difference in the tires in the rain too. The value of the tire with high grade. It felt very strong when I make turns and when I brake the tires performance was excellent. It was wonderful experience driving this car with these new tires. I would recommend these tires to everybody there. The best. The value of the tire was excellent, very adorable, very sturdy on the road. The tires were valued at $200.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 which is under warranty with Mazda. I took it in for a 5,000 mi oil change and engine check and, except for needing tires, was told everything was fine. I went to Firestone on Juan Tabo Blvd in Albuquerque and purchased a set of Pirelli tires. When the job was completed they advised me they had done a courtesy check on the car and that I needed a new battery and that the coolant reservoir was empty. Since I had just had the car serviced I took it back to Mazda. They showed me that the coolant reservoir was NOT empty and then they tested the battery, which came out as still being in very good condition. I have not contacted Firestone yet, but intend on doing so.

Original review: July 26, 2016

These tires are terrible, they almost cost me my life. I had new brakes and tires and rotors put on less than 5,000 miles ago and one tire blew which forced my vehicle across the yellow lane and into the ditch. 3 tires were blown and my insurance totaled my car. Don't buy these Primewell tires unless you don't want to live. They need some type of lawsuit against them.

Original review: May 31, 2016

On November 2010, I purchased four Destination LE Owl P235/70R17 XL 108S 60,000 mile tires. My tires are worn to the dangerous extent!! My F150 has driven 35,015 miles on these tires. The tires have been rotated every 5,000 miles or less. The original truck tires had 53,283 miles on them and still had plenty of tread. Purchased new tires because of travel plans. Very disappointed in Firestone tires. I am elderly and on a small fixed income. I thought this set of tires would outlast my driving career.

Original review: May 27, 2016

I called to schedule an appointment on Wednesday 5/25. Was told they could get me in on Friday 5/27 at 2PM. Arrived at 1:55PM. Was told I had a 2 hour wait. This is not the first time this with Firestone. But will be the LAST. I do not recommend doing business with Firestone. And at very least do not prepay them for any services. They do not come thru!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

Bought 4 new Primewell tires (50,000 mile warranty) for Chevrolet Trailblazer that were aligned the day of purchase. Less than 1.5 years after purchase and after 30000 miles, woke up to flat front tire that was non-repairable. Mechanic inspected both front tires and stated they were both worn on the inside due to horrible front end alignment that was done by Firestone in Bridgeport, CT when tires were purchased. Firestone did NOT honor the 50, 000 mile tire warranty, nor did they honor their faulty front end alignment labor. Instead, both their corporate office and dealership give you total excuses for why they will not replace the tires for free. Buyers BEWARE! This is a prime example of a money-hungry corporation that does NOT value its customers or backs its products or services. My recommendation is to go elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I was an employee of a dealership and purchased some tires through them directly for my personal vehicle. After 22000 miles the wear bars are showing and I have tried to contact several Firestone locations to replace the tires under warranty. No one will replace them or honor the warranty so I had to spend another $900 on a new pair of tires that were only 6 months old. All I wanted to do was exchange them for another pair of Firestone at that time. I believe customer service is greatly lacking with the Firestone company and I would recommend to no one to buy the tires.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

After only 5,000 miles, one of the Firestone Tires on my 2015 Toyota Sienna developed a bulge on the sidewall. I took the Sienna into a local Firestone franchise to have the tire inspected. I was informed by one of the employees that the tire was not covered under the manufacturer's warranty, and that I would have to purchase a new tire with no compensation. He also told me the problem with the tire was my fault for driving over a pothole or some other obstruction in the road. So to my understanding, a new car that comes with Firestone Tires is not covered by a road hazard warranty. My big mistake was accepting the new Sienna from the Toyota dealership with Firestone Tires in the first place. Since I do not drive on perfectly smooth highways with no potholes or speed bumps, obstructions, etc, and since Firestone does not stand behind their products, I will not have a set of Firestone Tires on any car that I own in the future.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Tires purchased September 2015. Firestone Transforce HT with around 7,000 miles on them and 3 months old. They have never been down bad roads, in accidents, or off road. Truck informed me 2 tires were low. Stopped to fill them up. Turned out almost every letter on 3 tires were split through. My wife uses the truck mostly and my 5 year old daughter is always with her. I didn't take any chances and replaced the tires immediately. Tire shop said it was the second set of Firestones he had seen like that this month. What's better than having to spend $1100 on tires the weekend before Christmas? Just glad my family didn't get hurt as 2 of them were steer tires. Very unsatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

On 12/4 I purchased 4 new tires from Firestone. Before taking my car to the shop I marked on all of my tires walls so I could make sure my work was done. I was completely shocked when I looked down at my tires 5 days later & discovered that my old back tires had been moved to the front & 2 new tires had been put on the back. I had Potenza G019 Grid on my car & switched to Potenza RE 970 AS. I probably would not have discovered this indiscretion if the tires hadn't been marked. I just wonder how many people get ripped off & don't catch it! How did this happen???

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I can remember a time when Firestone stood for quality. On the good side I do admit that I always get great service which is why I continued to go there. I dropped car off last night for new brakes for my BMW and was shocked when they called in and said my tires in the rear are bald. I just replaced them in August of this year and it is November. I do recognize that my 550 has the sport package and the rear tires are wider so I can't rotate the tires. I looked back at my records and I have replaced tires 9 times over the last 2 years (2 were for punctures). This isn't a slam on the employees. They are great but the product itself seems to be lacking big time. I just told them I am going to buy the tires from another store because I just can't trust the Firestone tire brand anymore. It is a shame. I can remember when Firestone sold a great product.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

710 tire - I own a Chevy Impala I purchased 4 new tires 14,000 mls ago. The tires all are cracking on the edges. I noticed this after one failed at 70mph. The tire came apart. The tread peeled off and took out the fender headlight bumper cover and wiring. Firestone said I hit something and damaged the tire. I am keeping the tire and will contact a large law firm that specializes in things like this. If firestone just paid the damages, and just didn't insult me by saying I damaged the tire I would not be on this rant. The other three tires will do the same thing if I keep them on the car because they are all cracked around the edges my mechanic said.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

Bought brand new set of Firestone Destination A/T for my college daughter on a 2000 Silverado in FEB 2014. Last night (Oct 2015) with 22K miles she was on the freeway going home when the left front blew out shoving into the median barrier. Thank God she is ok other than bumping her head. First estimate is $5200 in damage to the truck and of course insurance company says it's her fault for not controlling vehicle, well I say it's Firestone's fault and I'm starting here. I don't know about everyone else but if this had happened to me as a young driver or even now the results could be the same.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

I just had my Firestone Wilderness 235 75R 15 rear tire separate while driving. Fortunately no accident occurred but had I been driving on a freeway, I am not sure what the outcome would have been. I emailed Firestone and advised them and because my vehicle is 4 wheel drive I have been told that I will need to replace all 4 tires. I am awaiting their response. Will keep you posted.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

Sales guy said price included warranty after I showed him online price that was 1/3 of Firestone price. Charged $19 brake fluid exchange, another $60 for brake fluid labor, bought a $77.99 tire. My bill came to $733.74 and it should have been about 1/2 that amount and I am mad.

Firestone Tires Company Information