Fast Eddie's

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I drove into Fast Eddies on West Saginaw St. in Lansing, MI today at approximately 4:20pm. They guided me into the stall and had me pop the hood. I put my window down and a guy quoted me the price of their oil change for my vehicle. I stated that I could go elsewhere and get it done cheaper. He started to tell me what the service included. I stated that I was done there and would they just put my hood down? He tried to say that they could work up a price and I said no. I again said "no, just put my hood down and let me go." Again, they did nothing.

The manager (or what looked like one) came over and asked to help. I told him I wanted out and he continued on like he didn't hear me. Then I said "this is **" and "let me out of here. I'm done here." Finally, they put my hood down and let me go. I was shaking and scared. I was the only customer and it was scary being held there with them ignoring my pleas to let me go. I called the Eaton County Sheriff Dept and they were no help. I was told to call Fast Eddies Corporate office.

I feel my civil rights were infringed upon. I felt terrorized and scared. I am spreading the word not to go there. I am also pursuing someone help me...law enforcement surely has let me down.

I took my Jeep to have an oil change at the Clio location and obviously because it was a Monday early morning the young men working were either deaf or hung over. Neither guy listened to what I wanted, overcharged me and then had the audacity to tell me that they had charged me appropriately. I am new to the area and new to Fast Eddies. No topping off of fluids, no checking air tire pressure and nothing extra even though I paid for the extras. Well... you lost my business and I will be sure to tell everyone I know to go elsewhere.

I sent my wife to Fast Eddie's for a oil change in our 2012 Ford Edge and she comes home with a oil change and a motor flush for another extra 80.00 dollars which the Edge didn't need. I have been there myself and was never ask for a oil engine flush and do you know why because I am a dude and know it was not needed. Note Ford and many other manufacture highly recommend not to flush these engines. So they went against the manufacture request and won't return the 80.00 dollars. I will never send my wife or any women to Fast Eddie's for service again. I suggest to beware of business that don't follow manufacture request. Never again will I go there. Beware.

Went to get a oil change there while getting the service. I hear the pit man struggling and saying what a pain my oil filter is. When he asked to start my truck I hear him say it's pouring. Which the manager didn't bother to tell me, let me pull out of their garage with my power steering leaking. So bad that I couldn't drive it to their car wash line. Went back in to talk to manager while he insured me they didn't touch the line what was broken 1 inch away from the oil filter while I was in their garage no leaking stream of fluid in the enter door but a pouring stream coming out the exit door. So I now have a $400 bill and a crappy super duper car wash!

On June 6 2015 at around 11:45 I stopped in to have my car washed at Fast Eddie's and this is not only the first time. It seem to happen quite a lot. I paid for the 10 dollar wash and when I got back to work the car was still dirty. Chunks of dirt were still on my door, back of car was still dirty. If I were you I would not use that car wash. This place does not clean your vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fast Eddie?

Today, 8/27/2014 @ 8:15 am, I brought our 2009 300c Cherry with 12000 miles or so on it. Showroom ready to your Holly Location. The pitches the special and I bite for the Super wash. She starts to spray my car with the bug cleaner. Then after 5 min, she sprays it again with the bug spray. 15 minutes have gone by now and still no car wash. It seems that they can't get the water to work. Once again, she spray the bug cleaner on the car and send me through the wash dry. Telling me if it doesn't work they will refund me the money. Car is trash. I would love to buy this point and turn it around. It's the only game in town and it's short on customer and manager service. The owner needs to inspect what he expects. This is not the first problem have had over the years.

DO NOT use Fast Eddie's in Mt. Pleasant!!! They didn't put the oil in that we asked for (full synthetic), instead used a synthetic blend. They then lied when asked about why the next oil change sticker said 3,000 miles instead of 5,000 and just hand wrote a sticker!!! We finally figured out why we were losing oil so fast (7 1/2 quarts in 1 month) because the oil filter was NOT installed properly!!! If we hadn't kept checking the oil and putting more in, we would have blown up our engine! We went back and filled out a complaint form. They said they would only give a regular oil change and that we would have to pay extra to get the synthetic we already paid for!!!!

Sept 5, 2013 I went through the car wash today and during the car wash cycle one of the hanging clothes caught in my passenger side mirror and ripped it off. My Jeep is a 1996 and has been well kept up. I immediately spoke with the Manager Wes. Before he even seen the issue walking to my car he was telling me it's common and they won't replace the mirror due to the age of the car. I said my car is in excellent condition and he said "ya those Jeeps and Blazers do that. Roll your window down and just put the hanging mirror inside or I will cut the power wires off for you!" I proceeded to argue with him that it wouldn't have broke if the cloth hadn't wrapped around the mirror. I asked for the general manager's number which they won't give out to anyone. I was given a form to fill out and basically told it's my problem not theirs.

This establishment is a sham and only cares about them making a buck! I refuse to EVER do business with their company again and I will be sure to post on every forum and social media about their lack of ethics toward their consumers!

I stopped by Fast Eddie's in Owosso on 12/13/12 for a minimal oil change. When it was done, they were unable to open the bay door for me to pull forward and out and they acted like this was a usual problem. They asked me to back out which I have no problem doing as I feel I am a competent driver. I backed out of the bay with their guidance. The gentleman bid me farewell and started to close the front bay door so I assumed I was clear to pull forward and drive away. As soon as I pulled forward, I heard a loud grinding sound so I stopped. I had hit a large wooden planter that was right next to my door and several feet below my line of sight.

I immediately got out and they ordered me to drive around the back of the building to file a complaint. While we were waiting for the manager, the gentleman that let me hit the planter defended himself saying he got me out of the bay and that's all his job was to do. He also told me I should just tell my insurance company I came out of Wal-Mart and my car was like that as that is what he and his fiance have done several times. I filed the complaint and the manager called me back several days later to tell me that the planters had been in front of the business for the last 15 years and I should have known they were there.

On Saturday, Aug 11, 2012, I took my 2001 Toyota RAV4 in for an oil change. The next day my vehicle stopped and required a tow service. Upon examination by a mechanic, my vehicle was found completely without oil and no oil filter. This resulted in complete engine damage. This incident is now in the hands of both of our insurance companies. I have yet to receive any type of apology from the business. The Toyota was in excellent condition: has never had any engine problems and has been very well taken care of. This is very upsetting and has caused a great deal of inconvenience to our family.

I made an appointment to have my 2010 Kia Forte hand washed and waxed as part of their exterior detail package a couple weeks ago and when the day came to have the car detailed, it happened to be snowing. So I called Fast Eddies and let them know to reschedule it for a different day as a wash and wax on a snowy day would be pointless. We rescheduled for a different day and when that day came, it happened to be a mix of rain and snow. At this point, I have been waiting on a replacement cell phone as mine decided to go swimming because my little boy grabbed it and threw it in the toilet. I assumed that they knew I wasn't coming in and they said that they called me and left a voicemail (no phone, can't check it).

I went up there today, 2-22-2012, and was informed that they can only refund me $35.00 of the $70.00 that I paid because $35.00 of it was a deposit. They never told me that it was a non-refundable deposit and that if I wanted the service done now, that I would have to pay another $35.00 to receive the service I have already paid for in full. I don't know where these people get that they can run a business like this or treat customers like garbage (and by garbage I mean what happened and yelling at customers like they did to me), but this must come to a stop. I have since gone to my local news channel and will be going to my local and all surrounding newspapers in an effort to have all $70.00 of the money I paid refunded to me.

As I pulled up to get a car wash, your cashier was out in the parking lot. As he approached me, all I could smell was marijuana.

I called for a quote on transmission fluid and filter change cost and asked if it included both internal filters. I was told that it's $89.95 over the phone. When I arrived, the price had gone to $99.95, because I needed special fluid due to it requiring Chrysler ATF+4 fluid. Bill after adjustments was made, and because of my complaining, it was the following still: $89.95 for transmission service, $30.00 for extra filter, and $19.95 for transmission additive. The transmission additive was explained to me as being needed, since they used a different transmission fluid than what was called for. And the additive used will make the transmission fluid used work.

The total bill with tax was over $146.00. And I was never given this price, or did I authorize this price--I did authorize $99.95 plus tax. The original bill was $158.80, before they credited me back $12.49. Nowhere did I authorize this amount exceeding $99.95 verbally, initialed, or signed. If I would have known the cost and that they were not using the correct fluid, I would not have had this service performed.

to be completely honest, i really dont want to complain about the guys that work at fast eddies, because they were great. they informed me of some issues on my truck that i did not know i was supposed to do on a maintenance schedule. they were very indepth and knowledgeable. i will return there with all my cars in the future and tell everyone i know. but my problem is with all the customer's that think they know what they are talking about on there vehicle, argue with these guys, when they have no clue about it. the guys there are very good at what they do and anyone that goes there should shut up and listen to them.

While going through car wash, female attendant pushed on passenger side mirror and broke off door. No passenger side mirror. Door needs to be remove to pull wiring to attach to new mirror

i went there early saturday morning, no one else was there. i was told i needed a transmission flush, fuel flush, fuel filter, fuel additive, new windshield wipers, i got a new fule filter and oil change it cost 80 dollars,they did not fill the windshield fluid or check the air in the tires, or the radiator

my car is overheating now and i am getting 4 miles less per gallon of gas.

Update to January 23, 2008 complaint.

The problem with drain plug resolved satisfactorily and in a timely fashion.

I had an oil change and 7 days later the oil filter fell off. My vehicle broke down and would not start. They came out put a new filter on and added oil and within 2 miles of driving away, my van overheated for the first time ever and continued to get worse. I have a blown engine and Fast Eddie's is trying to tell me that it was due to pre-existing problems and they did not cause it.

Tried to sell me antifreeze top-off that wasn't needed. Tried to sell me oil pan flush even though it had been done only 20,000 miles earlier. Overfilled the oil by about 2 qts. Stripped out the oil plug in the oil pan.

Oil drained all over the garage floor. Fortunately I caught the stripped plug before it fell out. It could have destroyed the engine.

On July 27th, 2007 I took my van in for an oil change. The attendant told me I needed to have my transmission flushed. I was also told that once they take the transmission pan off, I would need a new gasket. So I paid to have the trasmission flushed. I was told that the next time I came in for an oil change, I would need to have by air filter changed.

On November 8, 2007, I go in for a FREE oil change (by the way...there is nothing free about their two for one oil changes - I paid $26.79 for a FREE oil change. If you get the #3 service - your FREE oil change is only good for the #2 service. If you get the AC delco filter...guess what - you pay for this on your FREE oil change. If you use high mileage oil...well, you are paying for that as well. And your car wash...well that will cost you $3.00 and then they will try to sucker you for another $2.00 to clean your tires.

As my oil was being changed, they checked the transmission fluid...the young man (no name tag) brought the stick and a paper towel over too me and told me I needed to have my transmission flushed and that it was way overdue. I told him I just had it flushed at the end of July and he said this doesn't look like it has been flushed, the color of this fluid doesn't reflect a flush. I told him to pull the records. As the lady was pulling the records, the young man said that I must have taken my vehicle somewhere and they put a dye in my transmission fluid if you had this flushed. Then I was told that I didn't pay for a complete trans flush - even though my receipts showed I did. My receipt showed ATF and transmission gasket. Then Brandon came and told me that I needed to take my vehicle in for transmission service because the color of the fluid indicates I have a transmission problem. Supposedly, while I was there, Brandon stated that he talked to his District Manager about my transmission issue and that he told Brandon do not reflush her transmission that will cost us too much! Brandon said he tried to two way the owner - however, no response.

I left there that evening letting Brandon know that I wanted either my money back for the service that in my mind was not done properly or I wanted the transmission drained and refilled. Brandon stated he would call me the next morning and let me know how this would be handled. I never heard back from him. I had to call later in the afternoon and he stated that he got real busy and didn't have time to call the owner. I asked where they kept the gaskets for the transmission pans - he stated in a cabinet on the main level. I told him that I never saw anyone get or hand down to the person in the pit anything except for an oil filter - nor did the pitman come up. He told me that they have security tapes that they keep on file and that he would pull the tape watch it and then let me know so I could come in and view it. He told me he would call me that evening or first thing in the morning. That evening went by and so did the morning and no call. I called later that afternoon and he was gone. I left a message for him to call me. He never returned my call. I called again the next day - he had already left. I called the next day - he was due in at 10:00 a.m. - I called at 3:00 - not there. Then I got tired of dealing with it and wasn't getting anywhere. I turned it over to my ex-husband to handle. Needless to say - the ex has received the same kind of non-responsiveness that I did. Brandon just tells him that oh - we did the job and there is no way she would pay for a service and not get it. When he asked for the tapes Brandon told him, well I called for them, but we only keep them for 90 days. Brandon told my ex that he did speak with the owner and well give her a free car wash to make her happy. My ex has since called the main office located in Swartz Creek and has yet to be able to speak with the owner.

Remember when I stated that the next time I was in for an oil change that I was told my air filter would need to be replaced. When I asked the young man, did you check my air filter (and he didn't because I watched very closely everything he did) and you need a screw driver to get the cover off - he told me oh ya - your air filter is just fine! I went home and changed it myself - it was dirty!

As the young man refilled my engine with oil - he looked at the gal at the counter and said now what do I do, I just overfilled the oil. I watched him wipe the excess oil off the dip stick to get it back to the level it should be at. They he brought the dip stick over to show me it was full.....I asked him what he was going to do since he overfilled the engine with oil. He stated - oh, that's no big deal....it will be fine once you start your car and the oil moves through the engine.

The young man wanted to check my filters in the cabin of the van, I told him that I had just had them replaced in August which I did - I bought them at Auto-Zone and installed them myself. The young man told me, oh, those are only good for a month or two and then you need to replace them. I just shook my head and told him you are not touching those filters there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.

I believe that I only received a partial transmission service and that I did not get what I was told I was receiving. I have yet to find out whether or not the filter on the tranmission was changed. They said they did - but it doesn't show anywhere on the bill. They may have drained the transmission, however, in my research I have done the past couple of weeks - if they don't drop the pan and pull the filter - there are still several quarts of the Dexron fluid left in there. And from what I can tell and the from the color of the Dexron fluid after two months of being flushed - it appears that it wasn't flushed and the new fluid blended with the several quarts of fluid left behind. All I want is justice. I want a refund for service that in my opinion from what I saw transpire that day was not done properly. Telling me you serviced my transmission and proving to me you did are two different things. I've been around long enough to know that not everyone in this world is honest and women are easy targets because they think we don't know any better.

I took my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville with 163,779 miles at time of oil change into Fast Eddie's on Aug. 30, 2007. I pulled into the garage and turned off the car. I asked for full service, topping off fluids, lubing doors, checking tire pressure, etc., because I was going on a trip for Labor Day weekend and wanted the car in good condition for that trip. They started the process of changing the oil and filter and checking the fluids. Intermittently I was told I needed a transmission flush, a power steering flush, and an oil system cleaner. I was told EMPHATICALLY that I needed to do these things for the car to continue running and to prepare for my trip. I said no to the transmission flush and power steering flush, I did not have time nor money for either and wanted to discuss those with my father first. I was told EMPHATICALLY by Ed that my oil was very dirty and that it would not be good to just change the oil that I needed to do an oil system cleaner before the oil was changed. I agreed to this procedure, being a consumer who wants to take the best care of my car as possible. I explicity said, I am going on a 800 mile round trip this weekend and if there is any reason I should not drive the car I want to know and I will not take the trip. I was told repeatedly that You'll be fine you'll be fine. Not only was my vehicle being worked on by several technicians, meaning at least 5, but the manager of the store was also looking at my car for a large portion of the time I was in the garage. As I started the engine after the oil had been changed there was a loud knocking noise from the engine, immediately everyone in the garage looked up and said Engine Noise. I said to Ed, that noise was not there before, what's going on, I am about to go on a long trip, and was again told, you'll be fine, you'll be fine, you have that free road side assistance card from purchasing the oil system cleaner. I drove my vehicle to my destination, Sault Ste. Marie, from Midland, and when I arrived, was warned by a crew member of the ferry I was taking, that someone should check my oil because that knocking noise meant no oil was making it to the engine. I took the vehicle to a NAPA repair shop in Sault Ste. Marie where I was informed they would not be able to look at the car until after the holiday weekened. I left the car with their certified technicians and later, Sept. 6, was told by the owner and mechanic that the engine was shot. The oil filter and pump had become plugged from the sludge that the oil system cleaner had pushed out and blocked oil from circulating through the engine. I was also told that this procedure is not something that should be done with high mileage engines.

My engine is destroyed. I either have to replace the engine or purchase a new vehicle. I also have to find a way to tow the vehicle back from Sault Ste. Marie very soon or I will be charged per day rent by the NAPA mechanic.

Fast Eddie's Company Profile