Fires in Other Ford F-Series Trucks

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

9.18.16 Backed halfway under carport (late evening). 15/20 min later while in the bed unloading camping gear I heard crackling noise. Looked over cab and saw smoke and flames coming from engine compartment. It happened so fast. The wind was not in my favor as I smelled nothing. Fire concentrated on passenger side but truck is a total loss. Fire dept. took an ax to the hood cause the linkage was melted and they couldn't open hood to put fire out (strange why they choose that spot). No indication as to why or how this happened. Only 68K miles. I am devastated. I made this truck unique with custom adds and it was MINE!! I am a die hard FORD Lady and now not so sure I want to replace it with another one. My heart is broke.

I have a 1999 Ford F-250 SD V10 Automatic 4x4. Last night after parking the truck in my driveway it burst into flames and burned the entire truck. Luckily my 14 year old son was able to get away when things went from bad to worse. Now I read this is a known problem Ford knows about. After owning Ford cars and trucks all my life I have had enough. I lost all the tools I had in the truck and much more. Thank God I only got minor burns. And my son was not hurt.

Truck burnt up by DEFECT. My 2002 FORD 350 exploded at 2 A.M. while not being used for over two days! I then got stonewalled and laughed at by the rude people of this garbage company. I also started getting recalls for the exact reason my Ford lit up. A wire heated that was hooked up to the brake master cylinder. This happened years ago and I was just sent a message that I have had over 60,000 hits with people experiencing the same problem. NEVER BUY FORD!!! I have pictures. Shame on that company for crapping on the small men of America…the working man!!! Please boycott that no good company. Buy G.M. I had 4 Chevy trucks and all lasted a few hundred thousand miles each.

My husband purchased a brand new 2014 Super Duty 250 diesel in July of 2014. He works his truck here in Alberta, Canada. He arrived at work on Jan. 7, 2015. He backed into a parking spot. He left his truck running beside the building like he does every morning. He went in the building, started coffee and then started his paper work. About 15 mins. later his boss walks in, they talk about work. About another 15 minutes later, my husband then ask his boss if he hears a horn. It was a continuous horn. As he is standing to look, another employee walks in and told my husband his truck is burning down. He runs outside to see his truck on fire and windows exploding out of the truck! The fire fighter on scene deemed no foul play. My children rode in this vehicle! This all happened with in a matter of a half hour! He was also in to Ford a few weeks earlier about his engine smelling hot and a strange ticking. Unfortunately, there was NO work order wrote up!

I had my truck parked in front of my house on January 2011. I left the car running outside and went inside the house. When I looked outside my car was on fire under the hood. I just had time to call the fire department. If we hadn't looked outside our house would have been burnt and my family in danger. I didn't have full coverage. I had a total loss on that car. I contacted Ford Motor Company to make a complaint and I was told that there was no recalls on that truck for that specific year. I did many researches online and found many trucks the same year had caught fire just like mine and that there were only recalls from 1999 to 2003 due to the same issue that happened to my 2004 truck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

My 5.4L Ford F250 blew a spark plug while on the rd. It was an OE Ford plug that had never been changed. My truck then caught fire with my newborn baby in the back seat. It was a hairy moment to say the least. I was told it caught fire due to fuel vapor coming out of the hole and hitting the spark plug. I think Ford is putting people's lives at risk all over money and not wanting to pay, and something needs to be done about it.

Until my 1995 Ford Ranger caught fire while I was driving, I was unaware of the Ford fire epidemic. My girlfriend and I were heading out shopping, making one stop for soda when we noticed the smell of burning plastic. I assumed there was a house fire until my gas pedal went limp and dropped to the floor. At that point I had no choice but to coast off the road where upon my girl pointed out the flames under the hood. By some stroke of luck a tow truck driver saw us immediately and pulled over with an extinguisher to save the day (not the truck). The only good I can see is that no one died or even got hurt and that it happened less than a mile from my house.

On December 4, 2004, I took my 1997 F-250 truck on about a 600 mile trip. During the trip I tried the cruise control, which worked about 5 months earlier and found it to be nonfunctional. The next day I found myself in a position that required engaging the four-wheel drive, however it would not engage. I parked the truck that evening and had not touched it in the following month and a half. On December 10, 2004 my wife canceled the insurance sinse my plan was to leave it parked until spring or I could afford to get it fixed.

Then on Jan. 26, 2005 at 05:00am, my wife woke me up saying that my truck had just exploded. I went outside and saw the fire in the engine compartment. At that time the main concentration of the fire was on the drivers side. I notified Ford, to which their reply was sorry for your inconvenience but there are no recalls on your vehicle and it is also out of warranty. The truck is a total loss and damage was done to my property.

March 2004, came outside to see fire deptartment at my barn. Fully engulfed in flames. Had 2002 f-350 in there. Fire was so bad unable to detect cause. Total loss about $200,000.00 Truck was suspect. Lost everything, even a lot of household stuff that was stored in the building.

Please include 2000 F-550's to the fire list. My wife and I are Volunteer Fire Fighters for Mountain River Volunteer. In October we were toned out to a MVA (Vehicle Rollover). We arrived at the Fire Station and parked our 2000 F-550 7 feet in front of the bay doors. Killed the engine and left for the accident in our brush truck. Upon returning to the station we found our 2000 F-550 fully engulfed with flames shooting some 60 ft in the air.

The truck was totaled. The only damage to the fire station was melted spray foam on the inside of the bay doors. Thank God!

A fire declared to my vehicle (F-250 2003 Diesel engine 6 liters) in November, 26, 2004. My truck was completely destroyed besides having caused at the same time damages in my property. I would like knowing if the other cases as I are known this day. One of my friends informed me that further to a bulletin, 62 cases of fire were listed with Ford. Saddened for my spelling mistakes. My truck was completely destroyed, and also having caused damages to my property for approximately $45,000.

Drove home from work last night and parked my F-250 Superduty Truck. Went inside for dinner. 45 minutes later I went outside to get my cell phone from my truck and saw flames coming out of my front wheel well. I quickly put the fire out with a garden hose but I have no idea how much damage has been done.

When the fire department helped me push the truck pot of the way there was a pile of melted rubber on the driveway. The fire came from under the hood on the drivers side but I am at a loss as to how this could happen to a vehicle that was parked and turned off.

My 1999 Ford F350 caught fire just after I got home from work, causing it to be totaled. I own my own construction business and this is the truck I work out of everyday. I feel like Ford owes me a truck.

Fires in Other Ford F-Series Trucks Company Profile