1.12/5
Based on 77 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

81 Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I received a $20 gift card and I used it at the Exxon/Mobil station at Mariposa and Bear Valley Road, Victorville, to purchase gas. The attendant ran the gift card as a credit card and I paid 10 cents per gallon more than cash. It seems that a $20 gift card should be good for the cash price and not a credit card price. Attendant told me to call Exxon/Mobil if I didn't like their policy. It's like pulling teeth to find a way to contact Exxon/Mobil. I just won't do business with them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Unfortunately there are not many gas stations on the west side of New York city. I was returning rental car and filled most of tank in New Jersey at $2.95/gallon, but wanted to top off the tank and was incredulous that this station charged $4.99 per gallon. When I returned car to Hertz, I found their refueling charge of $4.71/gal would have been a better deal.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 6, 2018

MOBIL GAS STATION/Farmington Hills, MI 48334, Phone: (248) 471-2620. I have been patronizing this gas station for over 7 years and the owner is prejudice against ** people. Today I was accused of holding up the line because I was playing lottery. My purchase was complete and I was standing off to the right so I could check my instant tickets. Two customers came into the store. One person was getting gas and the other woman behind was playing lottery. The owner came fleeing from the back of the store and confronted me by stating "I DON'T MIND YOU COMING IN HERE, BUT YOU CANNOT HOLD UP THE LINE".

Instead of stooping to his level, I politely told him, I was not even in the line and I am courteous when I do play lottery. Another time I was in there it was an older Arabic/Chaldean woman buying 100 dollars or more of instant tickets, standing blocking the line and he said not a word to her. That is because he is the same race.

I also buy gas from here. I will never patronize this place again. I would like to mention, I have watched the demise of this gas station for over this time period. The owner owns 4 gas stations all within a 1.4 miles of one another. He treats the employees (specifically Indian workers like crap). I have come to know many of them and the past and they always complain and work no more than a month or two and quit. The owner also hold their check, not paying proper minimum wage etc. I encourage anyone to go somewhere else. He is a terrible person and don't deserve to own anything. He has so many trucks and making a fool out of people. I feel sorry these poor workers as I said above.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My daughter went to a Mobil Gas station in St. Charles Mo on May 31 around 7 am. Put gas in her car. Left the gas station. 15 minutes later her car started to slow down to 10 miles on the high way. It pick up some speed. Had to leave it running while she pick up her kids from daycare. Get home. Car would not start at all. Had the car towed to the dealership. They did a diagnostic test on it. Came out that it had diesel oil in the gas tank. Went back to the gas station. The manager said he will look into it. He called my daughter told her he didn’t see her on that date. My daughter realized she gave him the wrong date called back to tell him the right day. She never got a response. Call up there the next day didn’t get a response. Went back to the dealership and got the paperwork saying it was diesel fuel in her tank. Got a sample of the gas that they took out the tank. Got the car towed back home.

Call mobile gas station again today June 9 and the cashier said there’s no manager works on the weekends. Call the one 800 number for customer service everyone’s out the weekend there too. Since last week we been calling I feel like they don’t think this is important matter. She been without a car since May 31 and I have to drive her back & forward to work & daycare. And I also so been late for work helping my daughter out. Now She has to wait until Monday that’s even if they call back. If no call back I will be taken off that even to go back up there.

Original review: May 15, 2018

On Monday, May 14, 2018, I purchased gas using their app so I could save $.10 per gallon. I made sure that the right choice for payment was chosen since I had a problem earlier in the month using the app. Later on I decided to check the remaining balance of the option I had chosen. I saw my balance was (and still is) $0.00. I called the preloadable card’s customer service and they reassured me that gas stations often charged more and the difference will be reimbursed. Ok. Now later on in the day I made a purchase using my debit card. I decided to check the balance and found out that I was overdrawn because my debit card was charged also for my gas purchase.

I called Exxon/Mobil's customer service and was told that they couldn’t do anything because I chose the debit card as the way to pay for the gas. I triple checked the option I wanted to use so I told them I did not choose my debit card. Since I can’t prove I’m telling the truth they won’t take the money off the card I chose and reimburse the debit card. What happened to “The Customer Is always right”. I was told that my preloadable card will be reimbursed. I was so distraught that I forgot to ask for an email detailing our conversation. I hope I at least get that back. For such a big company who makes billions it’s sad that they are stooping to such thievery. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM USING THEIR APP!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exxon-Mobile?

Original review: April 7, 2018

I went to Mobil gas station on 4/6/2018 in Tarzana, Ca to put gas in my car. I used my card at the gas pump to get $5 worth gas into the tank. When I got back in the car turn it on my car still say empty. So I got out of the car, go inside, told gas attendant that pump 4 didn't give me the gas. I told the guy I didn't receive any gas and I need a refund back. All he told me I can take payment here but I can't do nothing about the machine outside. I reexplain to him again. It seem like he don't care what I was telling him. But he refuse to give me a refund for no gas. Also he got a attitude with me and he act like he can't do anything.

Original review: March 3, 2018

There are two Exxon stations that I frequent. Make that USED to frequent. One is in Brownsville, TN & the other in Lexington, TN. Both were gas stops for me. Now, the card readers won’t read my card. Understand the card is not declined-just not able to read my card. This has proven frustrating and embarrassing. I am sure others are having the same issue. Please fix your card readers!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Exxon station/convenience store corner of Highway 12 and 87 Deweyville, Texas. Bathroom floor muddy, toilet cracked and brown scrum inside. Wash area cold water handle broken off. Sink very dirty. Floor outside leading to food area muddy. No paper towels.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I stopped by the Aquahart Exxon gas station at 720 Aquahart Rd Glen Burnie, Md today 11/10/2017. My tank was on E and my gas light was on. I walked in and purchased $10 worth of gas. I paid in cash. I began pumping my gas and when I got back into my car I noticed that my gas light was still on. I went back inside and explained my issue. If I just paid $10 why is my tank still on E? I was told that I needed to drive around and that the gauge would begin to move. I got back into my car and drove away.

The gauge never moved and my gas light stayed on. I came back a second time and explained what happened. I was told that I needed to either put more gas in my car or there may be something wrong with the sensors in my car. I decided to go to another gas station and get gas. I put the same amount in $10. When I got back into my car and started it the gauge had moved. I have a 2011 Camry. It's not like I have an old car. I always keep servicing up to date. The employees were not rude. I don't have an issue with them on that end. I feel like I was cheated out of gas. I don't understand why my gas light went off only when I went to a different gas station. This has never happened to me before.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Exxon on Hershberger Road Roanoke, VA. Went in with 7 dollars in quarters. Told cannot take. Need to be in roll. 7 dollars will not make roll. Very unhappy customer. Please call and let them know money is money. Was getting gas there all the time. Employee very rude. Just bagged up and folded his arms. Had to go to Shell just down the street. Someone like this is going to give them a lot of Exxon's business. PS. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I stopped at the Exxon Station in New Brighton, MN. The doors to the convenience store were open however the clerk rudely told me they were closed for at least 25 minutes. Huh? Who closes their store for 25 minutes at 10 pm? She was doing something with the tills but I cannot see how 10 pm is a good time to do this. I was thirsty but had to leave without getting anything, I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Nor were the 25 or so other customers coming in who were told to wait outside. Maybe 3 am would be a more appropriate time? Anyway, not impressed.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I visited the Exxon on 38 STATELINE RD W, SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI 38671-1706 (662) 510-2942 on June 16, 2017 at 5:49 p.m. I went to this location because the regular gas was $1.95 a gallon. I used my credit card at the pump and once the car was full. I had to go in the store to retrieve my receipt and I noticed that I was charged 2.39 which was for the middle grade pump. No one was at the register when I walked in but after several calls for someone the cashier came in to help me.

I walked right past him outside the store and he didn't bother to come in behind to try and help me. So after several calls he finally decides to come in and help me. I disputed this transaction and I was told that I pushed the middle grade button. He also didn't bother to investigate further to see what option I selected. I am very disappointed and I would like the overage amount to be refunded back to me. I went to the Exxon website to register a complaint and no response as of yet on this issue.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Good morning, I recently moved to Wade NC, I opened a office here in North Carolina and there is a Exxon station right down the road from my home. I have been stopping in there for about a month. I as well own a trucking company out of Red Springs that buys 1600 Gallons of Exxon fuel at this location every 2 days and in the United States 270,000 Gallons annually. I am a retired Army SGT as well.

Let's get to the point. I have noticed every time I am in this store the owner is very arrogant. I am a very easy going person so I have never let his actions bother me too much. Today on 6/15/2017 I happen to be in the store and he was cursing out another customer and using very bad profanity, I was appalled of his actions. There was a Hispanic man in the store asking the price of something. The attendant started yelling at him telling him "GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY. STOP ** ASKING ME EVERYDAY WHAT SOMETHING COST." There was myself and others in the store. Since I arrived to my turn at the register I told him this is why I fought for our country that his actions was wrong & to use such profanity in the store as a business owner was not right. He then turned on me and told me "IF I DIDN'T LIKE HIS ACTIONS FOR ME TO GET THE ** OUT". So I did.

I went back to my truck, pumped my gas in my pick up. The paper was not coming out for my receipt. Unfortunately I had to go back in as it is a company truck. I needed the receipt for its tax filings. When I did I asked for my receipt. He then turned on me again, Saying I could get one from the ** pump. I tried to explain that it did not come out. As we was walking toward to pump he was saying to me "what a fix ** dumb ass I was and I was going to have a bad day". I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHETHER TO TAKE THIS AS A THREAT OR NOT. I let it pass kept my mouth shut. We arrived at the pump and he opened the machine and poof the receipt came out. He again told me how ** stupid I was and if I ever came back to his GD store I would regret this.

What he didn't know was after The first encounter of belittling myself and others before I went back into the store I put my phone in my shirt pocket and turned on the video. He then told me in front of a elderly lady get the ** out off his property. As I did what he wished I should have kept my mouth shut. But I had to say "God don't need a dam. He can walk on water." I don't post reviews but this being a store right off the highway and fuel very inexpensive I sure he gets lots of interstate traffic. BEWARE. These type of people in this world have the ability to not be predictable. Just always be safe and with cell phone it is very easy to record for your own safety.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I purchased bad gas at the Exxon/Mobil on the corner of 6th Ave and Federal Highway on Sunday April 24th at 2:40 PM. If you purchased gas there at this time and had a problem with your car it's most likely that you had water in you gas tanks. I am not the only one reporting this issue. I found out at least 2 other drivers had the same problem and cost them over $1000 in car repairs.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I went to that station to check for official lottery numbers but the person in charge at noon virtually told me to get out because I was only checking and taking too long inside and saying I was not letting other people play lottery but the place was empty actually. That was the most disgusting experience I have ever gone through in a gas station and for that matter in any commercial store. The opposite of what anybody in charge of a store would do with any customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Whenever I filled up at the Tehachapi Mobil station my vehicle would take considerably more fuel to top off. I reported the findings to the county (Weights & Measures), and they found the bad pump - but didn't go beyond that. However, I continued my research (by filling a one-gallon gas can at three separate pumps), finding the very same disparity (1.48 gallons showing on the pump when disbursing an actual 1 gallon in the can). The station clerk told me to take it up with the owner and shooed me away. I wrote Exxon/Mobil and never received a response from them. I've since cancelled my Mobil cards and will never buy gas from Exxon/Mobil again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

BE AWARE! The Exxon Mobil Gas station located at 71-05 Myrtle Ave, Glendale, NY 11385 is ripping people off. The gas pumps do not pump the amount of gas you pay for. I noticed this the last couple of times I put gas from there. It happened to me, my boyfriend and friends. This issue was brought to their attention by many customers however the staff who work there blame the gas pumps for being very old. They have no intention of changing the gas pumps. The card slots never work. If you want to pay with a debit/credit card, you have to go inside to pay. Then what is the point of having card slots on the gas pumps? Very frustrating. The interesting thing is that whenever I try to use my card inside, my bank freezes my card because it thinks someone is trying to commit fraud with my card. This never happens at any other gas station. I will never give that gas station my business anymore because they are stealing people's money.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I had to stop by to Exxon Mobil Gas station at 1670 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Islandia, NY 11749 since I was running almost zero gas in my Camry Car. I took 1 gallon gas thinking I will reach home and later will fill up the tank full. Gas did not turned out at all and I got stopped on the middle of the road. I am shocked companies like Exxon Mobil cheating customers by not delivering the Gas and troubling up.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My first time visiting was deplorable. I went in to cash a $10 Jumbo buck scratch off. The lady snatched the ticket from me, scanned it on the machine & slid $7 at me. I thought the ticket was for $10 & asked to see the ticket to see where I miscalculated. With such hatred & hostility, the lady threw the ticket at me and says; "My machine no lie. I no lie". I was completely taken aback & stunned. I calmly explained that I was not accusing her, or her machine of lying. I knew I misread the lottery ticket & only asked to see it because I wanted to see where I miscalculated. It really wasn't a big deal but what I expected to be a simple transaction resulted in a very hostile exchange from her.

A man was stocking, whom I assumed was her husband, or relative, witness everything. I asked him why it was necessary for her to be so nasty to me but he simply spoke to her in their foreign language & resumed his stocking duties. I never received an apology from either of them. The lady looked at me with such hatred & disdain. I could literally "see" the hatred pouring from her. I always heard about middle easterners hating the ** community & viewed us as inferior but this experience totally confirmed it. It's sad to be treated with such disrespect yet still patronize these establishments. I am just one person but I will NEVER visit this location again, or anywhere I am treated with such disrespect.

This is a very bad image for Exxon/Mobil. Customers should be treated with respect. I was very respectful to this woman even though I became upset by her throwing tickets & slinging money at me. This is completely unacceptable. The only good in this was my ability to use this as a teachable moment for my 4 year old son. Ignorance is everywhere. I'm glad I was able to express myself to this woman in a respectful way. This showed my son that even though people will hate you for no good reasons, you are still to carry yourself with dignity & respect.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I went to three different stations today and could not use my speed pass at any of them. I went to a new station on Hardy and 1960 in Humble, Texas, Exxon at Lee Road and 1960 in Humble Texas, and Exxon at Treaschwig and Aldine Westfield. None of them takes speed pass. They all have it covered so you can't use it at the pump. What is the point of having a speed pass if you have to get out, go inside, and wait in line? I don't carry credit cards with me. Cash and speed pass is it.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Visited this station for coffee and snacks. My husband pressed the button on the coffee machine and it filled the cup only part way. Having dealt with these types of machines he thought you had to press and hold the button since it didn't fill the cup. The cashier, or someone behind the counter, told him, in a nasty tone that he has to release the button. My husband responded jokingly might I add that, "Oh I thought you had to press and hold the button." She then continued to belittle my husband by telling him that the sign on the front says press and release with a nasty tone.

I went over to see this sign she was referring to and it's a small changeable copy sign in green with black letters. Anyone could miss it. We are human and make mistakes but that does NO give her the right to be so nasty straight out the gate! Then her and the other cashier were blatantly talking about us and laughing. Will never, ever visit this store again! Exxon really need to retrain their staff to treat the customers with at least an inkling of respect!

Original review: March 20, 2016

The Exxon gas station in Paterson NJ on 20th Avenue and route 20. I go to that gas station 3-4 times out the week. On this one particular day the man sold me a pack of Newports cigarettes that had a 50 cents off tag. Now I will pay full price for my smokes but I told him, "I don't want them. I want the regular price." He said he got new ones just two weeks ago. He told me people was coming back talking about they was stale the young boy work there as well said they were no good.

Now I go back it's a different guy - there he told me to come back tomorrow so I did tomorrow came before I went to work. I went there and the man was rude as hell. Over the crap I got from his store. They never do anything about it. I want them to own up but they won't. I want to buy some roaches, put it in a jar, go in the store - remember they sell food in there - just go through them roaches around the store like I'm buying something. It's the principle. Then I was thinking I was going to call my credit card and get refunded.

Original review: March 3, 2016

The cashier was rude when my boyfriend said "Why am I being charged $2.19 for swishers when they are clearly labeled .99?" He then said he wouldn't sell to us... Wtf.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Our neighborhood in Oak Cliff, Dallas, TX is fed up with this particular gas station. There are panhandlers ALWAYS there and lately have been getting very aggressive.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I went to the Mobil in Damascus and bought fuel for my 2015 Dodge Charger. It would not run shortly afterwards. It kept dying on me. Called my husband and he said I bought fuel with water in it. I called the Mobil right away. They said they could not get a hold of owner. And I would not be able to talk to anybody until 12:00 pm tomorrow. That is really sad. I'll never buy gas there again. I have been a loyal Exxon/Mobil customer for years.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2016

When I went to Exxon, I asked for $15 regular, he charged me $35. He said "I'm sorry" and walked away without a refund. Exxon doesn't pay my credit card bill for me to be okay with suffering a loss every time their employees make a "mistake".

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

On December 11, 2015, I went into the Exxon I went to for 25 years. It was about 10:30 pm. I bought my things, went to counter, all I had was 100 dollar bill. The clerk was upset, I could tell. He said "I can't take that ma'am." I said "ok, I will go somewhere else." He then told me to buy more stuff. And then grabbed his cell phone, started to pace back and forth, saying "Man this is **, people can't keep a 20 on them." I was shocked, but didn't say anything. Then I got a 12 pack of Corona, put it on the counter, and he started flipping out in a weird quiet way, saying "man I'm gonna get written up for this..." I FINALLY said, "look, if I need to go somewhere else I will." Keep in mind, I've been going here for 25 years. Anyway there was another girl there, I asked her what was wrong with that man, I didn't appreciate the way he was talking, cussing, and she got an attitude too...

I told them I needed bags for my purchases, they refused to give me one. On the way out, the 12 pack fell, and busted. I had so many things in my hand and I asked them for help. They THREATENED to call the police on me and said to get out of store and I was causing a scene... So I scooped up glass and broke beer bottles, and put in my vehicle and left. I was not trying to cause a scene. I get home, take out the torn 6 pack, it breaks again, due to a wet top of the carton, and my flip flop slides to the side, a huge piece of glass goes up inside my foot. Went to ER, got stitches and crutches, been in bed ever since... They were rude, mean and threatening. I have a lawyer, but it's sad, after 25 years, I will never return there! I told manager, she never called me back and acted like it was nothing!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

Mobil Gas Station - 31001 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073: I purchased a full tank of unleaded on 9/11/22015 and drove to work. Later that day, after remote-starting my vehicle, the car stalled out. It ran rough while idling at a stoplight but ran smooth driving on the expressway. It failed to remote start the next morning and then, after re-starting it a couple more times, the engine light came on (disabling remote-starts). The dealer had the vehicle for several days over a 3.5 week period flummoxed and stumped by the problem. They were indeed able to recreate the problem but unable to address it. Finally, the manufacturer speculated that the gasoline in the tank had to be drained and evaluated and replaced.

Once they did that, everything (tonight at least) runs fine. The 'bad gas' met the standards they had (looked like gas, smelled like gas, etc.) but concluded that the vehicle must have ingested bad gas. Since I purchase 98% of the gasoline from this dealer, I have to conclude that the tank I filled that day was the cause; the dealer does too.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

Woke up 20 minutes early knowing I had to get gas this morning. Pulled into the local Exxon in Manvel Texas. Attendant was having trouble with basically every small task. Pump wouldn't take my debit card and so I brought it in and paid. After fighting with the pump for 10 minutes and having her tell me to keep trying I came in and said "Sorry but I have to go. I work in downtown Houston." She asked me to leave my place and like to check the pump again. When I came back in she said, "Did you have a receipt?" I reply "No. You never gave me one." At this point she had 5 people in line. She then tells me to wait because she wants to check everyone out first. (Those in line after me, but she made me lose my place.) I ended up just telling her "Never mind!" in fear I would be late to work. :(

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

I stop to get gas a Mobil Gas station in Yonkers, Kimball Ave. and I was treated horrible. There was a issue with one of the tanks and it was about 7:05pm and the only employees working at that time didn't understand or speak fluent English. As I tried to explain the issue to the workers I was told (I don't understand) and brush me away as if the money I gave for gas was a gift, the issue was so bad that I had to contact the police department in order to get my issue resolved. I think there should be fluently English speaking employees at all times at all locations to avoid issues like this for future reference.

Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations Company Information