Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations
  • 1 star
Based on 69 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

73 Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I stopped by the Aquahart Exxon gas station at 720 Aquahart Rd Glen Burnie, Md today 11/10/2017. My tank was on E and my gas light was on. I walked in and purchased $10 worth of gas. I paid in cash. I began pumping my gas and when I got back into my car I noticed that my gas light was still on. I went back inside and explained my issue. If I just paid $10 why is my tank still on E? I was told that I needed to drive around and that the gauge would begin to move. I got back into my car and drove away.

The gauge never moved and my gas light stayed on. I came back a second time and explained what happened. I was told that I needed to either put more gas in my car or there may be something wrong with the sensors in my car. I decided to go to another gas station and get gas. I put the same amount in $10. When I got back into my car and started it the gauge had moved. I have a 2011 Camry. It's not like I have an old car. I always keep servicing up to date. The employees were not rude. I don't have an issue with them on that end. I feel like I was cheated out of gas. I don't understand why my gas light went off only when I went to a different gas station. This has never happened to me before.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Exxon on Hershberger Road Roanoke, VA. Went in with 7 dollars in quarters. Told cannot take. Need to be in roll. 7 dollars will not make roll. Very unhappy customer. Please call and let them know money is money. Was getting gas there all the time. Employee very rude. Just bagged up and folded his arms. Had to go to Shell just down the street. Someone like this is going to give them a lot of Exxon's business. PS. Thank you for your time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I stopped at the Exxon Station in New Brighton, MN. The doors to the convenience store were open however the clerk rudely told me they were closed for at least 25 minutes. Huh? Who closes their store for 25 minutes at 10 pm? She was doing something with the tills but I cannot see how 10 pm is a good time to do this. I was thirsty but had to leave without getting anything, I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Nor were the 25 or so other customers coming in who were told to wait outside. Maybe 3 am would be a more appropriate time? Anyway, not impressed.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I visited the Exxon on 38 STATELINE RD W, SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI 38671-1706 (662) 510-2942 on June 16, 2017 at 5:49 p.m. I went to this location because the regular gas was $1.95 a gallon. I used my credit card at the pump and once the car was full. I had to go in the store to retrieve my receipt and I noticed that I was charged 2.39 which was for the middle grade pump. No one was at the register when I walked in but after several calls for someone the cashier came in to help me.

I walked right past him outside the store and he didn't bother to come in behind to try and help me. So after several calls he finally decides to come in and help me. I disputed this transaction and I was told that I pushed the middle grade button. He also didn't bother to investigate further to see what option I selected. I am very disappointed and I would like the overage amount to be refunded back to me. I went to the Exxon website to register a complaint and no response as of yet on this issue.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Good morning, I recently moved to Wade NC, I opened a office here in North Carolina and there is a Exxon station right down the road from my home. I have been stopping in there for about a month. I as well own a trucking company out of Red Springs that buys 1600 Gallons of Exxon fuel at this location every 2 days and in the United States 270,000 Gallons annually. I am a retired Army SGT as well.

Let's get to the point. I have noticed every time I am in this store the owner is very arrogant. I am a very easy going person so I have never let his actions bother me too much. Today on 6/15/2017 I happen to be in the store and he was cursing out another customer and using very bad profanity, I was appalled of his actions. There was a Hispanic man in the store asking the price of something. The attendant started yelling at him telling him "GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY. STOP ** ASKING ME EVERYDAY WHAT SOMETHING COST." There was myself and others in the store. Since I arrived to my turn at the register I told him this is why I fought for our country that his actions was wrong & to use such profanity in the store as a business owner was not right. He then turned on me and told me "IF I DIDN'T LIKE HIS ACTIONS FOR ME TO GET THE ** OUT". So I did.

I went back to my truck, pumped my gas in my pick up. The paper was not coming out for my receipt. Unfortunately I had to go back in as it is a company truck. I needed the receipt for its tax filings. When I did I asked for my receipt. He then turned on me again, Saying I could get one from the ** pump. I tried to explain that it did not come out. As we was walking toward to pump he was saying to me "what a fix ** dumb ass I was and I was going to have a bad day". I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHETHER TO TAKE THIS AS A THREAT OR NOT. I let it pass kept my mouth shut. We arrived at the pump and he opened the machine and poof the receipt came out. He again told me how ** stupid I was and if I ever came back to his GD store I would regret this.

What he didn't know was after The first encounter of belittling myself and others before I went back into the store I put my phone in my shirt pocket and turned on the video. He then told me in front of a elderly lady get the ** out off his property. As I did what he wished I should have kept my mouth shut. But I had to say "God don't need a dam. He can walk on water." I don't post reviews but this being a store right off the highway and fuel very inexpensive I sure he gets lots of interstate traffic. BEWARE. These type of people in this world have the ability to not be predictable. Just always be safe and with cell phone it is very easy to record for your own safety.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exxon-Mobile?

Original review: May 2, 2017

I purchased bad gas at the Exxon/Mobil on the corner of 6th Ave and Federal Highway on Sunday April 24th at 2:40 PM. If you purchased gas there at this time and had a problem with your car it's most likely that you had water in you gas tanks. I am not the only one reporting this issue. I found out at least 2 other drivers had the same problem and cost them over $1000 in car repairs.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I went to that station to check for official lottery numbers but the person in charge at noon virtually told me to get out because I was only checking and taking too long inside and saying I was not letting other people play lottery but the place was empty actually. That was the most disgusting experience I have ever gone through in a gas station and for that matter in any commercial store. The opposite of what anybody in charge of a store would do with any customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Whenever I filled up at the Tehachapi Mobil station my vehicle would take considerably more fuel to top off. I reported the findings to the county (Weights & Measures), and they found the bad pump - but didn't go beyond that. However, I continued my research (by filling a one-gallon gas can at three separate pumps), finding the very same disparity (1.48 gallons showing on the pump when disbursing an actual 1 gallon in the can). The station clerk told me to take it up with the owner and shooed me away. I wrote Exxon/Mobil and never received a response from them. I've since cancelled my Mobil cards and will never buy gas from Exxon/Mobil again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

BE AWARE! The Exxon Mobil Gas station located at 71-05 Myrtle Ave, Glendale, NY 11385 is ripping people off. The gas pumps do not pump the amount of gas you pay for. I noticed this the last couple of times I put gas from there. It happened to me, my boyfriend and friends. This issue was brought to their attention by many customers however the staff who work there blame the gas pumps for being very old. They have no intention of changing the gas pumps. The card slots never work. If you want to pay with a debit/credit card, you have to go inside to pay. Then what is the point of having card slots on the gas pumps? Very frustrating. The interesting thing is that whenever I try to use my card inside, my bank freezes my card because it thinks someone is trying to commit fraud with my card. This never happens at any other gas station. I will never give that gas station my business anymore because they are stealing people's money.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I had to stop by to Exxon Mobil Gas station at 1670 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Islandia, NY 11749 since I was running almost zero gas in my Camry Car. I took 1 gallon gas thinking I will reach home and later will fill up the tank full. Gas did not turned out at all and I got stopped on the middle of the road. I am shocked companies like Exxon Mobil cheating customers by not delivering the Gas and troubling up.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My first time visiting was deplorable. I went in to cash a $10 Jumbo buck scratch off. The lady snatched the ticket from me, scanned it on the machine & slid $7 at me. I thought the ticket was for $10 & asked to see the ticket to see where I miscalculated. With such hatred & hostility, the lady threw the ticket at me and says; "My machine no lie. I no lie". I was completely taken aback & stunned. I calmly explained that I was not accusing her, or her machine of lying. I knew I misread the lottery ticket & only asked to see it because I wanted to see where I miscalculated. It really wasn't a big deal but what I expected to be a simple transaction resulted in a very hostile exchange from her.

A man was stocking, whom I assumed was her husband, or relative, witness everything. I asked him why it was necessary for her to be so nasty to me but he simply spoke to her in their foreign language & resumed his stocking duties. I never received an apology from either of them. The lady looked at me with such hatred & disdain. I could literally "see" the hatred pouring from her. I always heard about middle easterners hating the ** community & viewed us as inferior but this experience totally confirmed it. It's sad to be treated with such disrespect yet still patronize these establishments. I am just one person but I will NEVER visit this location again, or anywhere I am treated with such disrespect.

This is a very bad image for Exxon/Mobil. Customers should be treated with respect. I was very respectful to this woman even though I became upset by her throwing tickets & slinging money at me. This is completely unacceptable. The only good in this was my ability to use this as a teachable moment for my 4 year old son. Ignorance is everywhere. I'm glad I was able to express myself to this woman in a respectful way. This showed my son that even though people will hate you for no good reasons, you are still to carry yourself with dignity & respect.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I went to three different stations today and could not use my speed pass at any of them. I went to a new station on Hardy and 1960 in Humble, Texas, Exxon at Lee Road and 1960 in Humble Texas, and Exxon at Treaschwig and Aldine Westfield. None of them takes speed pass. They all have it covered so you can't use it at the pump. What is the point of having a speed pass if you have to get out, go inside, and wait in line? I don't carry credit cards with me. Cash and speed pass is it.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Visited this station for coffee and snacks. My husband pressed the button on the coffee machine and it filled the cup only part way. Having dealt with these types of machines he thought you had to press and hold the button since it didn't fill the cup. The cashier, or someone behind the counter, told him, in a nasty tone that he has to release the button. My husband responded jokingly might I add that, "Oh I thought you had to press and hold the button." She then continued to belittle my husband by telling him that the sign on the front says press and release with a nasty tone.

I went over to see this sign she was referring to and it's a small changeable copy sign in green with black letters. Anyone could miss it. We are human and make mistakes but that does NO give her the right to be so nasty straight out the gate! Then her and the other cashier were blatantly talking about us and laughing. Will never, ever visit this store again! Exxon really need to retrain their staff to treat the customers with at least an inkling of respect!

Original review: March 20, 2016

The Exxon gas station in Paterson NJ on 20th Avenue and route 20. I go to that gas station 3-4 times out the week. On this one particular day the man sold me a pack of Newports cigarettes that had a 50 cents off tag. Now I will pay full price for my smokes but I told him, "I don't want them. I want the regular price." He said he got new ones just two weeks ago. He told me people was coming back talking about they was stale the young boy work there as well said they were no good.

Now I go back it's a different guy - there he told me to come back tomorrow so I did tomorrow came before I went to work. I went there and the man was rude as hell. Over the crap I got from his store. They never do anything about it. I want them to own up but they won't. I want to buy some roaches, put it in a jar, go in the store - remember they sell food in there - just go through them roaches around the store like I'm buying something. It's the principle. Then I was thinking I was going to call my credit card and get refunded.

Original review: March 3, 2016

The cashier was rude when my boyfriend said "Why am I being charged $2.19 for swishers when they are clearly labeled .99?" He then said he wouldn't sell to us... Wtf.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Our neighborhood in Oak Cliff, Dallas, TX is fed up with this particular gas station. There are panhandlers ALWAYS there and lately have been getting very aggressive.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I went to the Mobil in Damascus and bought fuel for my 2015 Dodge Charger. It would not run shortly afterwards. It kept dying on me. Called my husband and he said I bought fuel with water in it. I called the Mobil right away. They said they could not get a hold of owner. And I would not be able to talk to anybody until 12:00 pm tomorrow. That is really sad. I'll never buy gas there again. I have been a loyal Exxon/Mobil customer for years.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2016

When I went to Exxon, I asked for $15 regular, he charged me $35. He said "I'm sorry" and walked away without a refund. Exxon doesn't pay my credit card bill for me to be okay with suffering a loss every time their employees make a "mistake".

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

On December 11, 2015, I went into the Exxon I went to for 25 years. It was about 10:30 pm. I bought my things, went to counter, all I had was 100 dollar bill. The clerk was upset, I could tell. He said "I can't take that ma'am." I said "ok, I will go somewhere else." He then told me to buy more stuff. And then grabbed his cell phone, started to pace back and forth, saying "Man this is **, people can't keep a 20 on them." I was shocked, but didn't say anything. Then I got a 12 pack of Corona, put it on the counter, and he started flipping out in a weird quiet way, saying "man I'm gonna get written up for this..." I FINALLY said, "look, if I need to go somewhere else I will." Keep in mind, I've been going here for 25 years. Anyway there was another girl there, I asked her what was wrong with that man, I didn't appreciate the way he was talking, cussing, and she got an attitude too...

I told them I needed bags for my purchases, they refused to give me one. On the way out, the 12 pack fell, and busted. I had so many things in my hand and I asked them for help. They THREATENED to call the police on me and said to get out of store and I was causing a scene... So I scooped up glass and broke beer bottles, and put in my vehicle and left. I was not trying to cause a scene. I get home, take out the torn 6 pack, it breaks again, due to a wet top of the carton, and my flip flop slides to the side, a huge piece of glass goes up inside my foot. Went to ER, got stitches and crutches, been in bed ever since... They were rude, mean and threatening. I have a lawyer, but it's sad, after 25 years, I will never return there! I told manager, she never called me back and acted like it was nothing!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

Mobil Gas Station - 31001 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073: I purchased a full tank of unleaded on 9/11/22015 and drove to work. Later that day, after remote-starting my vehicle, the car stalled out. It ran rough while idling at a stoplight but ran smooth driving on the expressway. It failed to remote start the next morning and then, after re-starting it a couple more times, the engine light came on (disabling remote-starts). The dealer had the vehicle for several days over a 3.5 week period flummoxed and stumped by the problem. They were indeed able to recreate the problem but unable to address it. Finally, the manufacturer speculated that the gasoline in the tank had to be drained and evaluated and replaced.

Once they did that, everything (tonight at least) runs fine. The 'bad gas' met the standards they had (looked like gas, smelled like gas, etc.) but concluded that the vehicle must have ingested bad gas. Since I purchase 98% of the gasoline from this dealer, I have to conclude that the tank I filled that day was the cause; the dealer does too.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

Woke up 20 minutes early knowing I had to get gas this morning. Pulled into the local Exxon in Manvel Texas. Attendant was having trouble with basically every small task. Pump wouldn't take my debit card and so I brought it in and paid. After fighting with the pump for 10 minutes and having her tell me to keep trying I came in and said "Sorry but I have to go. I work in downtown Houston." She asked me to leave my place and like to check the pump again. When I came back in she said, "Did you have a receipt?" I reply "No. You never gave me one." At this point she had 5 people in line. She then tells me to wait because she wants to check everyone out first. (Those in line after me, but she made me lose my place.) I ended up just telling her "Never mind!" in fear I would be late to work. :(

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

I stop to get gas a Mobil Gas station in Yonkers, Kimball Ave. and I was treated horrible. There was a issue with one of the tanks and it was about 7:05pm and the only employees working at that time didn't understand or speak fluent English. As I tried to explain the issue to the workers I was told (I don't understand) and brush me away as if the money I gave for gas was a gift, the issue was so bad that I had to contact the police department in order to get my issue resolved. I think there should be fluently English speaking employees at all times at all locations to avoid issues like this for future reference.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

Mobil Gas Station - 31001 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073. Arrived to this establishment in the early morning, my tank was on empty. Filled the whole tank up with what I thought was 87 fuel. That night my truck was not starting well, having difficulty turning over. The next morning it would struggle to turn over, hold the start for a few seconds, emit a lot of white smoke then fail. Truck needed to be towed to the dealership's service department, where it was diagnosed to have been exposed to poor quality fuel or fuel that was tainted with diesel. Likely more so that it was gas mixed with diesel based on the smell of the smoke that was coming out. The entire fuel system needed to be flushed, spark plugs replaced, 3 days without my truck and $900 later I received my truck back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Beware of EXXON located at 24 NJ-17, Hasbrouck Heights, N.J. Across the street from TGIF Restaurant - After pulling up to the pump I shut vehicle off and gas attendant proceeded to car window. I lowered the window and specifically asked for 30.00 regular. Showing 30.00 cash in hand and laying it on the dashboard. The attendant had no interest in taking the cash payment at that moment and proceeded to the rear of the car. After not finding the gas nozzle he walked back to the window and said, "Your pump is on the other side". I smiled and replied "no, it's actually behind the license plate." He then proceeded to the other side of the car with a confused look on his face, then walking back up to the window again he said "I can't find it". I then exited the car and proceeded to the rear where I said again, "Sir, I told you, it's behind the LICENSE Plate". I then flipped the plate down and showed him where to fill the gas.

He smiled and said "Oh, ok I see it". I went back into the car to wait. He placed the nozzle in my tank and then left to service other vehicles. After returning to the car moments later, he took out the nozzle placing it back on the pump and came over to my window for payment. I took the 30.00 cash off the dashboard and handed it to him. I started the car and proceeded to drive away when he ran up to my rear window banging on it saying, "Hold on, this is not enough". I said "Yes, it is, 30.00 cash, go ahead and count it again please". He said " Oh, ummm I thought you said fill it up?". I then replied "No sir, I specifically told you 30.00 Regular, I even showed you the cash in hand, That is your mistake". Now looking very concerned and bewildered with a shaky voice he said, "Well, umm, I thought you said fill it up so I filled it". "I'm sorry, but I have to charge you, how would you like to pay the difference of 21.00?"

I then said "No sir, this is your mistake. I had only intended on spending 30.00 on gas, and have no other cash or form of payment to satisfy the difference. This is Outrageous and I would like to speak to your manager immediately!" He then just stood there looking at me with a confused look not wanting to follow me to his manager to discuss his mistake. Now agitated, I walked myself into the store to speak with a manager. Unfortunately I was told by another teenage employee that the manager was not there to speak with so she will try to reach her on her cellphone. She then spoke to the manager via cellphone and explained the situation. The manager said that if I refuse to pay the difference to call the police and then hung up with the employee.

The employee hung up the phone and very apologetic she said "I'm sorry, this is not my way of handling it, this happened in the past and I paid the difference because I knew it was a mistake, but the manager says to call the police". I replied, "Well, I greatly appreciate that but its the gas attendant's mistake and neither you or I should pay for it. You didn't pump my gas, he just isn't paying attention to what he's doing, is he new?" She replied, "No, he's been here a while". I said "Wow, I would have never guessed, he couldn't even find my gas tank!" I then proceeded to contact the police myself because I thought the situation was Absolutely Ridiculous that I would have to pay for this employee's mistake.

The Hasbrouck police eventually came and explained that I would have to make arrangements to pay the difference. Consumers should not be strong-armed by anyone including Police or Corporate Exxon to pay for someone else's mistakes!!! It's all about the principal of the matter and I will gladly see Exxon in court!!! Hope it's worth the 21.00 to them to see this thing through... CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 11, 2015

I put $12 in my vehicle & I believe I was shorted by about $2 on the amount of gasoline I received through the pump. The sign says $2.859 a gallon & like I said I believe that the person who owns this station is ripping off the consumers. Can you please check it out? It's located on Veterans Hwy in Islandia. Across the street is a 7-11. I think the cross street is Blydenburgh. Can you please contact me with your findings - my phone # is **. Thank you for your time reading this. I appreciate it.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I went to the gas station and specifically asked the gas attendant George for $10.00 regular credit. Not paying attention George charged me $20.00. I informed him of the error and he told me that my account will be overdrawn and there is nothing he can do about it. He then told me to speak to the manager. The manager was the most insensitive human being and told me to call the cops because at this point there is nothing that he will do.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I filled my tank at the Exxon station on Haverford Rd in Haverford, PA. Two days later my car broke down and had to be towed. I was told that the fuel pump was gummed up and would need to be replaced. After the new pump was installed the car still did not run. The gas tank had black gunk in it. It had to be drained and new gas put in. I have an extended warranty, but it does not cover this. So between the tow, the fuel pump, and draining the tank and putting new gas in, I had to pay close to $1000.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I gave the wrong pump number on lunch break at the Exxon at Perimeter Mall. After paying I went out to pump pushing buttons for assistance 4 times in 90-degree weather. I dreaded going all the way back in but after doing so I find I am being told it's my fault. I told them the wrong gas number, and it's not their fault, and I don't get a refund. I was also given nasty looks by all three counter people and told by the only female working their Ethiopian descent - DON'T come back and I was not raising any remarks or grief. But the customers kept saying tell them to refund you then. Since they are not changing to the pump I was parked at. It was a total Trauma Syndrome. I had totally not expected this. I will never get my gas there. This is not how we in the US do each other. Sorry. I am 56 years old and can't believe they truly were yelling at me and totally not trying to give me my gas. I was almost on Empty. Dirt bags!

Original review: May 11, 2015

I'm in Springtown Texas, I go to a Mobil's station a lot to buy cigarettes and drinks alone with gas a lot. Several times I've gone to the station on the corner of Hwy 51N 199 for drinks or cigarettes at 12 or 1 am in the morning a lot. Upon getting there at these given times I'm told they're closed for shift change. Upon 5/11/2015 I drove up in front of store to get cigarettes at 1 am and the female attendant comes out the door by herself informs me they're closing for shift change, goes back in and locks the doors. In meantime there's about 5 guys sitting in the store lounge smoking cigarettes. On other times I've bought bad cigarettes with boll weevils in the cigarettes, real bad and the stupid manager says "you can't bring 'em back because they're bad."

I find this kinda business being cheap thug thieves selling customers bad cigarettes let alone the fact they can't run a store properly. It's undoubtedly a false run of the mill money scam store that acts like this, CEO's are suppose to do their damn jobs and see over these stores but I'm guessing they're just as lazy and greedy as the owners and managers alone with untrained workers. I'm not going back to another Mobil station they can damn well stick it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

I drove my brother, who is 62 years old to the Exxon to get a beer from the Poplar/Highland location on Feb 1, 2015. My brother got his beer and took it to the counter. While waiting, I touched the bottle to see the name of it. That was all. The attendant then refused to sell the beer to my brother unless I showed him MY ID. I know the law will not allow anyone to buy beer for a minor but I did not get the beer nor carry it to the counter. To save time, I showed him my ID and the Fact that I'm 50 years old myself. This guy had an attitude and he grossly misinterpreted the law. For that waste of time and embarrassment I will NEVER go to another Exxon for Gas, cigarettes or anything. Furthermore, I will do the best I can to advise all my friends of the stupidity of this particular clerk. That was the dumbest and most disrespectful attendant I have experienced in all my life! The simple fact that I'm taking the time to write this complaint shows how angry I am.

Exxon/Mobil Gas Stations Company Information