Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.58/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

eBay Motors Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2018

DON'T DO IT! RUN AWAY! GO NO FURTHER IF YE VALUE YER GOLD! I literally made an account just so I could write this review. Most of the other faithful here on this board were scammed via Craigslist or the actual eBay site; They almost got me through the newspaper. Is nothing sacred?!? I see an ad in the paper for a too good to be true sale, call the number and get a Google robot telling me it is no longer in service. First red flag. I let it lie. I get a text, three weeks later telling me they put it out the ad for their "uncle" and gave me his email address. Second red flag. I send an email. Seconds later, I get a spiel about a military man being deployed and that the price is so good because he's tired of negotiating and blah blah blah.

I'm chomping at the bit at this point so I do what most millennials do and looked up reviews. BOY WAS I THANKFUL! I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE SIMILARITIES!!! A nephew setting up the con, a great car with 77,000 miles on it and in perfect condition. It seems the other variation to the story is a dead relative. Man that is twisted. Vets and dead family members. These perps know where to hit us true red white and blue blooded Americans. Shame on them. A pox on them. May all of their endeavours fail and other men enjoy their spoils. I appreciate the wealth of testimonies here, without which, me and my family would without 3 G's and a car. Preesh.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Purchased a car that was over 10 years old. What we received was not what was described. I contacted eBay Motors who said basically nothing they can do. Would not even intervene. Really disappointing. I really am going to rethink using eBay ever again. We were shipped a pile of junk not the car that was described. When we contacted the seller she played it as her being only a 68 year old woman what does she know as well as saying we expected a new car. I corrected her and said, "No. We did not expect that. However we expected a car that was described." We had to have it towed to a mechanic who also verified it's junk. Not even worth fixing what is wrong with it. Shame on eBay for not protecting the buyers.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was looking for a handicap van for my elderly mother. You know the saying "If it's too good to be true, then it is". Believe it! I went on eBay Motors website looking for a van. I saw a 2008 Burgundy Dodge Caravan in Plano, Texas. It showed some good pictures! I emailed the supposed seller. A person by the name of Leora contacted me back. Gave me this spiel about her veteran husband getting injured in Iraq. How he is no longer here and how hard it was to talk about it! They lost their home and she have health issues, raising three kids with the help of her parent in the El Paso area. Thank God for to the internet; I checked the reviews!!!

Thanks to all who took the time to warn others! I also checked eBay agreement where it states they are not liable in certain situations. Do not deal with the sellers via emails, especially if you can't meet with the person and see the vehicle. ALWAYS took someone with you if you do! This is evil times. And it's sad that we have people that out to steal, rob, and deceive you via the Internet. The names and stories will change. Do not fall pretty to these evil people.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I went on Craigslist to buy a car from a owner. I found a white 2004 Toyota 4Runner for sale of $2000.00 in really good shape. Was contacted by who was supposed to be the owner, asked me to send $2000.00 thru eBay Motor Protection Co. I sent the money then a friend told me about eBay scamming practice so I called to get a refund which they promised, a guy picked up the phone listened for a minute and hung up. I called back but no answer. I wish I had known about this before I sent my hard earned money and I just sent it yesterday.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Found a 2005 Honda on Facebook Marketplace in my locality requesting I send an email to this person's aunt. Received email from her stating this was her daughter's car who had passed away and she had moved to a southern state and I live in the Midwest. I had to get $1000 in eBay cards and call number on email and they verified that the money was sent. Next day received email requesting an additional $600 for insurance to ship vehicle. Said I would receive the money back when car was delivered as I had 5 days to test vehicle before deciding. If I didn't want vehicle they would pick up free and refund my money. I checked on internet and see that this is a scam. Very disappointed. Any way I can get my money back from eBay cards???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: March 8, 2018

When looking for a vehicle for my son, we came across what appeared to be a Louisiana-based site that sold cars. It was a 2004 Toyota Camry with 84K miles (garage-kept, clean, and in very good condition). The seller was “Jaymes **, a U.S. Air Force service member, stationed in Nebraska, but soon to be moving to Alaska.” We made contact with him last week, and received subsequent email responses on Saturday, 3/3/18 and today, 3/7/18. Ultimately we were told to use “CASH and purchase (2) $500 eBay Gift Cards, scratch the backsides off, and take photos of each, then reply to the sent email with this information!” In addition we were to “photo the eBay gift card receipts, provide the receiver name, address, and amount.”

They were to hold the payment until we were satisfied with the product... then “would receive further details regarding the shipping process after the payment confirmation” (seems out of order!?). Needless to say this sounded very suspicious, so Google searched “eBay Motors” and came across numerous negative reviews and complaints! We immediately ceased communications with “Jaymes!” Consumers BEWARE - do your company research! If it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I am so glad to all you who posted the auto scam because I was just about to send my money. I seen on Craigslist a truck for 1000. I answered the text. The person selling the truck Eva ** her son responded to me through text and gave me her email. She said her husband just died 3 months ago and she can't stand to look at the truck so she's selling it through eBay. I am suppose to buy 2 eBay cards with 500 a piece. Give eBay the numbers and they will ship the truck to me in 3 days. I have 7 days to try out the truck and if I don't like it I can ship it back and Eva ** will pay for the shipping. How about that scam. Well eBay won't be getting my hard earned money TODAY. Thank you ALL.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

This place is horrible!! I paid what I thought for a car of 1000 and then they asked for more money! I was uneasy at first and that sealed it! I’m out a 1000 dollars. I am a single mom!! Scammers!! Don’t ever use this place!! Offer Up is also connected with this site!! Run from them both!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I currently purchased a vehicle and they told me a story about a passing relative and asking for 1000 for insurance and I noticed it’s a scam based on other reviews based on the same story. Is there any way to get my money back??? I paid the 1000 this morning. Is it too late??

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was just recently ALMOST scammed by a "lady" named Olivia **. Her "nephew" had made a post about a 2005 Honda Accord for $1500 and listed an email address. She emailed me back and said it had 77,000 miles on it, never had paint/bodywork, was garage kept, all the electric worked and good tires. Said her husband suddenly passed away and it had too many bad memories and needed it gone asap. She said she just moved to another state and set it up thru eBay Motors so she didn't have to be present. I would send my money and they would deliver the car and I'd have five days to inspect it. Said she wouldn't get the money until I decided to purchase after inspection. Something just didn't feel right about it so I researched and found literally thousands of the same story! Beware if you come across Olivia **... Whoever it is almost got me for $1500!

eBay Motors Company Information