4.78/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Drake-Scruggs Equipment is proud to offer honest and reliable service to our customers. At Drake-Scruggs Equipment you will be able to find just about any accessory or truck equipment you are looking for. From snow plows, salt spreaders, lift gates and winches to truck, dump bodies and crane bodies to flatbed trucks, Drake-Scruggs Equipment has everything for you. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 29, 2017

34 Drake-Scruggs Equipment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We’ve been using Drake-Scruggs as long as I’ve been in this business, which is 31 years. They do boom repair for us. They got a lot of salespeople upfront but I’m always in the back and I interact with the service department. I run three companies with bucket trucks and we get our stuff expert. It would be nice for Drake-Scruggs to become an Alltech dealer to do Alltech warranty repair work. Their Versalift is okay and I still use them but sometimes, it makes it a little easier if they can do my warranty work. Other than that, I would still consider working with Drake-Scruggs in the future.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Drake-Scruggs Equipment's sales reps were good and helpful, but their support needs a little more effort. We have a boom truck I had worked on over there and it took them a long time to get the part and get the truck going. However, it was an older truck and it really wasn't their fault. I've had my truck in there three times and it's been good all the time. I just ordered racking for a new van that I bought through their guy. They’re just not knowledgeable of what they’re doing at all. When the customer comes in and is dumping $2000-$3000 on racking and shelving, they need to be on top of their game and know how the stuff works, how is it the going to fit in the truck, how long it is, and how high it is. They need to know more about their shelving assembly. It was not a very good experience at all. But, everything else is fine.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We bought a truck body and then a boom truck from Drake-Scruggs Equipment. The experience was good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Drake-Scruggs had the price that we needed for the snow plow attachments that we bought. We had gotten a brand new plow from them previously too. We’ve been working with them for about 5 years. They gave us an estimate and we accepted it. Then we dropped the truck off, got the work done and picked it up. Everything was good and we were very happy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I took over the network operations department in Champaign Comcast facilities. They have used Drake-Scruggs for around five years and we continue to use them. Drake-Scruggs does annual inspections, minor repairs, all of our boom repairs, any hydraulics and anything to do with the lifting system of the vehicle. One of their local guys who I frequently have interaction with is really professional and very efficient. He makes good use of the time and gets as much done as he can. We sometimes use Altec which has a mobile fleet service because the newer buckets are warrantied through them. But we use Drake-Scruggs 90 percent of the time and we had a pleasant experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Drake-Scruggs Equipment?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Drake-Scruggs is excellent. We’ve used them since 1978 and got their lift gate. Their representatives were good and easy to reach when we needed them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Our bucket truck was purchased from Drake-Scruggs many years back. That was purchased before I got here and I’ve been in this company for 11 years. That's why I had them do the annual inspection and testing on it. They know the vehicle. It got real low mileage. It doesn’t even have 8,000 miles on the chassis. We have taken it down to their facility in Springfield and had some repairs done. We had the boom all rehosed however there was a little miscommunication on what work was quoted and what I perceived what work was going to be done but it was resolved in the end. We also have Drake-Scruggs do the annual inspections on our other man lifts. They contact me, tell me when they’re coming, come down and do their thing and away they go. It's pretty painless for me. Overall, they’re accommodating as far as getting my annual inspections done. They try to work with me.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

We’ve had Drake-Scruggs for a couple of years and they really do good service. They worked on our boom truck a month ago. They've also done some inspections and when I've had some service issues, since I have the service technician's cellphone number, I call him directly. He's been excellent. My boom guy got stuck up in the air on a couple of occasions and the service tech, Jerry, was there as soon as he possibly could. He was real informative. He knew what he's talking about and he’s easy to work with.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I've known Drake-Scruggs Equipment for about 30 years now. They have provided me services with the bucket trucks. Overall, the interactions I had when dealing with either their sales reps or customer service reps were good. I plan on continuing to work with them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We've dealt with Drake-Scruggs in the long-distant past and they stopped by to renew their interest with us. We tried a few different bids with them. Their sales representatives were courteous and able to answer all our questions. In case we would need their services, we will consider working with them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Drake-Scruggs Equipment have quality outfit and they took care of us when we take our plows, lift gate and stuff in. We've also had them work on our trucks and they treated us fairly and good. One of the service bankers was a great guy and all has been friendly and courteous. I couldn't get any better service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The service department provides excellent service. If you really need something like an emergency snow removal if your plows break down or you have wiring problems, they can squeeze you in real quick and get you back on the road. It's old school and that’s the way guys like it. They're down-to-earth and they get it. About four months ago, they put a ladder rack on one of our work vehicles and in February, they did wiring for a salt spreader also. I really like the way they treat people too. They make you feel they're part of the crew with you and get you taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Our company has dealt with Drake-Scruggs for about 2 years now. They come over and inspect or service our bucket trucks once a year. When there's something major wrong with them, we send the trucks over to them. They fix issues with the aerial part of the trucks. They do well and we don't have any trouble with the trucks when they come back. Right now, they are putting some hoses on our bucket truck and they've had it a couple of weeks already. It's pretty old so they may have a hard time getting parts for it. Also, their mobile guy’s real good and the people are friendly, accommodating, and do good work.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We’ve been using Drake-Scruggs for so many years. I've been here 14 years and my company has been using them when I got here. Their sales reps are courteous and friendly. They come out and do this test that has to be done every year on this one piece of equipment of ours and they do maintenance services on an equipment that we can't do here in-house. They show up when they're supposed to and get the job done. They also clean up their mess and they’re good to go. Everybody knows what they're doing and they're friendly and they talk to us. The way they do, we haven't had any problems with them as long as I've been here. All in all, our experience was excellent. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We've been using Drake-Scruggs' bucket trucks for years. We have them here every year to do our annual inspections and we have them anytime anything breaks. We still have them work over here on their road service. It's been great working with their reps and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Drake-Scruggs provided van shelving for us and they did a great job. The sales rep was kind and communicated well through emails. I would recommend them and I would work with them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I've been in the business for almost 50 years, so I've done business with the Drake-Scruggs folks for about 40 years. My interactions with the sales reps have always been positive. Drake-Scruggs has always had a quality product and provided good, prompt service. The most recent service I had was the shelving conversion kit for a local plumber who bought a Chevy Express cargo van from me and needed to add the shelving and bins to the back end of his work. The people I dealt with in the Springfield office are very nice and helpful, so I would certainly recommend them to anybody that needs that kind of work done.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Drake-Scruggs Equipment's rep was very knowledgeable. He also always returns calls so I'm pretty happy. They have been servicing our bucket truck for about two years and it's been good.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We’ve known Drake-Scruggs for years and they’ve done a lot of snowplows for us. We sell some commercial units and they usually do the ladder racks and other stuff for the tops of vans. Their sales reps have been very nice. We're going to continue working with Drake-Scruggs and they'll get all of our stuff done. They're really good and professional people.

Original review: July 15, 2017

All I've had is good quality work and fair pricing from Drake-Scruggs. I've been using them for five years now to help me with the hydraulics for our trucks. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We’ve been using Drake-Scruggs Equipment for the last eight years. They work on hydraulics for our boom trucks and their representatives have been great and helpful. They’ve bent over backwards at times to help us with repairs and to give their trucks back to us as quickly as they could. They’ve also made arrangements where we could pick up vehicles if we won’t be able to get over there before they close.

Original review: July 9, 2017

We took our bucket truck to Drake-Scruggs to have them inspect and work on it for us. Then we bought a salt spreader and the sales representative knew pretty much everything we needed to know. They’ve been nothing but professional for us.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Drake-Scruggs typically helps me out with trucks including bed repair and freight and horse trucks. I've been doing business with them for almost 50 years and I never had trouble with any of their people. They're all good and I will continue working with them.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I’ve been using Drake-Scruggs Equipment for years. Their service techs do maintenance on my bucket trucks and they do perfect work. I have no complaints with them.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We buy truck bodies from Drake-Scruggs Equipment. The interactions I had were good. I mostly dealt with the manufacturer who were the intermediate people.

Original review: June 23, 2017

We had a transit installation with Drake-Scruggs and I would consider working with them again. Mike, the one we worked with, and a couple in and around the office were friendly. A couple of workers in the back were nice people, too. Drake-Scruggs was easy to work with and the pricing was fair.

Original review: June 22, 2017

When I first started in my work as the fleet superintendent, Drake-Scruggs was a company that the city had done business with. I dealt with their sales rep Bob, with Dick in service and with the guy in parts, and they're all courteous, anxious to help and always have answers. I would absolutely consider working with Drake-Scruggs again in the future.

Original review: June 21, 2017

We're very happy with Drake-Scruggs. They were very accommodating and they did a nice job. We tell them what we want and they actually had some suggestions about what they do for other clients. They showed what we needed to see. And that worked out well for us. We had a plug issue. They generally install this prong plug but we're still using the old style because the trailer pulling it is an older one. And they swapped it out for us, no questions asked. They were very easy to deal with and we're very happy with the service we got from them.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I've worked with the city for five years and Drake-Scruggs provides us the build-out on our dump trucks. They also do the assembly and the hydraulic assembly. Most of the time, their pricing is fairly high. We’ve also had a bunch of experiences with a very poor-quality piece of equipment that the service reps had to work on a lot. But they’ve done a good job in regards to getting the piece of equipment in. We have done quite a few dump trucks with Drake-Scruggs and the overall experience has been good.

Original review: June 18, 2017

We've always had good luck with Drake-Scruggs. We've had a couple of different things including snow plows and an equipment for a utility van that have come through them, and our experience with them has been very good. They were able to provide everything that we needed in a timely fashion and at a reasonable cost. Their reps are timely on their responses, too.

Drake-Scruggs Equipment Company Information