2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Dodge Ram Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The truck is an excellent version this year. Lots of room and very comfortable. The interior is well designed and easy to operate the instrument panels. The handling of the Ram is a bit tough because of the rear of the truck being so light but I've added weight by placing blocks in the bed and covering them easily as not to be seen. The price of the truck is a bit costly. With gas prices rising they should bring the price down. Otherwise the performance and durability are worth the money. I would recommend this truck to all. Go and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Dodge Ram 1500 2014 6cyl 4x4 purchased new. I had two problems with this truck. 1. Cruse control didn't work all the time. 2. Driver side electric window and door lock controller had to be replaced. These were the only problems I had. The transmission started acting up. Not shifting smoothly and lagging. This started after 80,000 accumulated miles. On the positive side this truck was a joy to drive. Easy to handle. Tracked straight and true in all weather conditions. Comfortable cabin that was quiet with an excellent stock stereo sound system. The electronics were easy to use, especially the blue tooth phone system. I drove this truck for a total of 5 years.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

First of all Dodge Ram offer the most sporty truck out there. It's in a class by itself, other trucks look square. I love that there's different models to choose from to fit your needs. They have the most towing power and the most horsepower. I love the quad cab which can carry six persons and not to mention the style which brings class to there vehicles. The quality you get for the price which some vehicles fall short. Plus they're long lasting, I own an 2003 and it's still running and people are still complimenting me on how it looks. Dodge Ram for life!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My 2018 Ram Power Wagon has 56,000 miles already, and has not had any issues. While I have driven all Japanese in the past, Jeep and Ram are paying attention to the real customers and making far more interesting products. This makes it hard to compromise and buy a lesser vehicle. Having the most off road capable full size truck in the world is fantastic. The lsd rear diff is perfect for roads. Lock both diffs and disconnect sway bar and good luck getting stuck. The winch, way more handy then you think. The de-rated towing capacity is absurd, and it will squat less and handle more than most heavy duty trucks. The interior, and the small details the Japanese used to think about round out these trucks. Keep up the good work, and keep improving reliability and I will be back for another Power Wagon and a Gladiator to replace our Four Runner.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My 2006 2500 diesel with the 48RE tranny just didn't do the job. I have three valve bodies replaced in less than 75K miles. Also that little vent that shifted the heater and ac broke. Over $500 to repair. I paid for the first repair. Then it happened again. FCA was kind enough to fix again. I guess they finally got a fix that was not crapping out and fixed right.

2014 3500 diesel SRW was a great truck. Towed my 40' toy hauler from Virginia to Cali. However, I did lose a water pump in Arizona. Would you believe no pump, belt or other parts that got jacked up when best broke lose, 36K miles, were not available in the ENTIRE state of Arizona? Wow. 2017 3500 dually diesel Aisin is a beast. No issues so far 21K miles. However, the Nexen tires have been replaced. Tire separation in less than 20K miles. Why does Ram put crap tires on a truck that cost up to 90K? Installed Bridgestones. Let's see how they hold up. Changed radio to Kenwood. Android Auto works perfect in this aftermarket radio. It also works perfect in my 2018 A4. Android Auto is a great app to use in any vehicle. Learn how to use it to drive safely.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I've been driving a 2014 Ram Crew Cab (Tradesman) for 10 months. I've done the maintenance and filled the fluids, but had to have Radiator, Cap, Hoses, 6 spark plugs, 2 ignition coils replaced. Then Starter, then Radiator cooling fan. Now the engine is "blown" after driving 12000 city miles! Something smells foul.

Original review: March 14, 2020

2020 Ram Longhorn seats are uncomfortable and painful. Beautiful truck however, it is undriveable due to the extremely poor seat design. The contour of the seat design hurts the legs and hips and was not thought out whatsoever, which destroys what would be a great truck. It is important to design a seat correctly to make your product driveable, what a complete disappointment and it is unfathomable how this could possibly pass testing. Ram needs to step up and rectify this issue immediately.

Original review: March 12, 2020

This has been a nightmare of gargantuan proportions. I purchased a vehicle, signed the paperwork December 9, 2019. The vehicle was finally delivered to me Friday, December 20th. It was dirty inside when I picked it up and it never worked properly. I took it back to the dealer the following Monday morning (Dec. 23rd). It is now March 11, 2020 and I still do not have a vehicle. The corporate employees I have had to deal with told me things like, they have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. They don't return calls in a timely manner. They are trying to get me to take another truck and charge me more, because the special that was running at the time I bought the original truck isn't applicable now. They have offered to trade vehicles for weeks, but haven't agreed to a meeting time to arrange for it.

I have been paying insurance and payments for a vehicle I don't have and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the insurance. I posted on Dealer Rater and BBB in January and it was the only thing that got their attention, so here I am again, hoping to get this settled and, to be honest, I don't want anything to do with Dodge/Chrysler anymore at this point. I just want my money back so I can go elsewhere and purchase a vehicle that works from a dealer that cares. Oh, and the real kicker is that I have since found out that the problem with this model has been known for over four years, the parts to fix it are hard to get and one service tech said he is surprised by one of these vehicles lasting 10,000 miles before the failure occurs. Yet, they are still selling the vehicles. If they are out of warranty when the problem occurs, it costs over $7000 to fix it.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2020 Dodge Ram Super Cab. In the first 47 miles the screen went blank on the 12 inch Uconnect, Power windows didn’t work, air-conditioning didn’t work etc. A few miles later the cruise control goes out of control, Now The adjustable foot pedals won’t adjust, All this happening in less than 500 miles, these things should not be happening on a brand new truck.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Bought a 2013 Dodge Ram. At 122000 Mi started to get a lifter tick in it. Took it to the dealer, was told for the amount of $9,000 I needed to replace the engine. Apparently Chrysler released a service bulletins with this very problem I'm here. I have been a loyal Dodge owner for 30 years but to be left out here hanging on here and basically told too bad your $50,000 truck is a piece of junk is disappointing at best. I will never buy a Dodge product ever again.

Dodge Ram Company Information