Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.58/5
Based on 232 reviews that contain star ratings

Dodge Journey

The Dodge Journey is a mid-size crossover SUV that debuted in 2007. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

235 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Dodge Journey is perfect for me and my family. It's black and I love that color! It's really good on gas so that's good also. I got it for a great price and it's everything I wanted! It has a big screen, 3 row seats, heated steering wheel, heated seats, and coolers in the floor boards. The passenger seat lifts up and there is storage! However, I kind of regret getting leather seats because they get dirty so easily. I wish it would pick up and go a little better. Also, when I'm getting on the highway it takes a bit to speed up. I knew that when I got it though.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We purchased a brand new Dodge Journey in Oct. of 2016 with an extended warranty. At about 2k miles, we started having annoying problems such as the headlight filled with water, the rubber around door just fell off, the windshield wiper broke and fell off... Then, the navigation stopped working. Once we got that "fixed", the buttons to operate the climate control and radio stopped working. At about 20k miles, there was a loud knocking sound coming from the engine. That turned out to be the flywheel. It needed to be replace at 20k!! The car was in the shop that time for about ten days. Within a few days of having it back, the AWD light went on. I called the dealership and was told to turn the car off and that if it reappeared to bring it in, but if not, to not worry about it. The light went off. The next day as I was driving my son and elderly mother, the light came back on and the brakes and steering immediately went out.

I was able to safely steer the car into a parking lot. We're not getting into that deathtrap again. We got it to the dealership again for service and it took them a month to look at it. When they did, they called us to say it was "fixed". We had explained that we were worried about driving it. Dodge called and said we should pick it up and "test drive" it if we were worried. The service person offered to test drive it for us. We got a call a short time later saying they were back at the drawing board because the car broke down on *him*! Dodge has forced us to go through a lengthy and time consuming arbitration process to try to get them to buy it back. Their excuse is that the car was bought in Oct. so it sat on the lot for 10 months prior to our purchase!!! Do any of us know how long our car was sitting in the lot prior to purchase and would that keep you from buying it?

Dodge was literally throwing the dealership under the bus to avoid responsibility. We are awaiting the result of our arbitration and will update once we learn of their decision. We have 3 kids and bought the car for reliability and safety, neither of which this car possesses. I feel very lucky that the car broke down where it did and not the day before, when I was on the bridge with my daughter. Avoid this car! I'll update with Dodge's decision and hope they show some responsibility and concern for the safety of their customers.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Love the Dodge Journey. Roomy. I have a car seat in the back and it fits nice, I don't have to move the seats around to get it in and out. It handles well in the weather. It is not a four wheel drive, but it still handles well. Also, has a nice display screen. It has 3rd row seats and had great rebates when buying new. The blue color is nice, though it wouldn't be one I would typically choose. Has a ton of storage in the back when the third row is down. However, it would be nice to have a back up camera and also the blind spot detection on the side mirrors. I would like leather seats, but it wasn't a deal breaker. It would also be nice to have a remote car starter.

Original review: June 12, 2018

To this date the experience with the Dodge Journey has been outstanding. I have arthritis in my knees and it is really great for getting in and out. The blind spots are the only thing I have really found that was bad about this car. Other than that, the main reason I bought this car was because of the price and outstanding service. The dealership has been by far very great and I would recommend them to anyone wanting a new car. The free oil changes are great too.

Original review: May 2, 2018

2009 Dodge Journey has been nothing but trouble. Can’t count how many times the car wouldn’t start. Also put new brakes on about 1 time a year. Dodge could care less after they sell you a car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Journey?

Original review: April 6, 2018

In 2014 I drove my dream car off the lot! Had every option that one would ever need including heated seats and steering wheel! Unbeknownst to me this was about to become a nightmare that is still not over. My 2014 Dodge Journey currently has 42,000 miles on it and is on its 5th battery, numerous trips to the dealership which it’s been sitting at now for 2 weeks tomorrow. This vehicle eats batteries and no one can find the “short”. Was at the dealer last month after leaking transmission fluid, which they say was some type of adapter. The module that controls the temps for the backseat has become unattached from the roof of the vehicle and squeaks. Dealer said they can’t do anything about it. The past two weeks have been hell. The dealer has tried everything possible to somehow blame me for the mishaps and even suggesting the vehicle was in an accident. Buyer beware! Stay far away from Dodge!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We purchased brand new Dodge Journey 2017. After six months brake it’s not working. I just park the car then I try to start the car. Brake so tight not working plus this car so slow. 0 speed too much gas overall. I really like to give in them ⭐️.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased an 09 Dodge Journey in November of 2016. It was great for about a month and then all of a sudden I go to start my car to go somewhere and it won't start, I had to get it towed to a dealership to find out the key fob was bad and under recall. They fixed free of charge, and attempted to fix the recalled airbag module, I had to take it back a month later when I found out the dummy light that was stuck on my car was for the airbag sensor, I had no airbags, then I have constantly had this burned smell of plastic and rubber and wiring, I have had it towed back to the dealer for them to fix the air bag problem again free of charge due to yet another recall. I have had it in the shop multiple times for the smoking problem, had to have a manifold gasket replaced for the healthy sum of $500.

The car still smokes like a freight train and stinks to high heaven.

I have replaced the brakes all around and a rotor, to no avail. All brake lights are still on as well as the check engine light, and the low tire sensor stays on. Also the radio barely picks up one station and is so static filled you can't even stand to have it on, where as my husband's truck picks up many stations. It has started shimmying and sounds like a diesel going down the road. Every time I go somewhere I park as far away as I can because the smoke is so disturbing. I have also had to replace the air conditioning on this car. When I bought it it has 148,000 miles on it. In a year's time I haven't put even 10,000 miles on it because it's been broke down more than driven. It has 153,000 on it now, and I still owe 7,000 on it, as soon as possible it will be traded in. This was the first and last Dodge product I have ever owned. Never again will Dodge have my business. I warn anybody to steer clear of any Dodge product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey. Never missed an oil change (and changed oil more frequently than required by shop sticker because I went by the oil sensor). I knew front end problems were common with this car as my mechanic warned me when I bought it (ball joint replacements pretty damn common... No biggie. I can live with that). I started losing rpms while driving. Never lost power, just became gutless and struggled to maintain certain speeds. Took it in to 2 places for full diagnostics, ended up changing crankshaft sensor 1 month, camshaft sensor couple months later, variable timing sensors, list goes on, and it's still having timing issues.

My heater went, my horn went, my sanity is now gone too. This vehicle is a curse and when you contact Dodge with these VERY common problems, they claim ignorance to these things and act like you're the only one. **The horn issue is a huge safety hazard and upon research by myself AND my mechanic... IT IS WIDESPREAD WITH THE 2010s and yet... No recall. Yet, Chrysler denies the problem.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

In 2015 I bought a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT with almost 33k on it. Besides being sold a car with an open recall (3 completed to date on the vin), it has been nothing but a headache. The gas is good, and it's a 4cyl so that helps, but that's the only reason I gave it 2 stars. In addition to recalls, the engine has leaked oil (taking 4 trips to the same Dodge dealer we purchased from) to get it fixed and multiple parts replaced (oil plug, oil pan gasket, serpentine gasket). Now, at 71k, the hose that goes to the radiator (right under the metal cap) has completely cracked and is leaking fluid badly. But powertrain doesn't cover it...

The car's 3 years old!! I've had the car less than 2 years and have made 10+ trips to the dealership just for repairs that I should not be encountering this early on in. On top of that, the cruise control, and satellite radio do not work properly, and the radio changes volume and channels whenever it feels like it. The display screens periodically go blank (mph display and radio). A few months back, my air/heat randomly turned on 4 times on its own while I was driving. I'm about to purchase my 2nd set of tires in less than 2 years. Overall this is the worst out of 4 cars I've bought, and will NEVER buy one again. I tell everyone I know never, ever to consider it!

Dodge Journey Company Information