Direct Buy Auto Warranty

The team at Direct Buy Auto Warranty understands and strives to offer customers a fast solution to getting back on the road. With a claim response time average of 2.5 hours*, no company can compete with Direct Buy Auto Warranty when it comes to getting consumers their vehicle repaired and back on the road.2 Our foundation is built upon the ability to service our customers.

Direct Buy Auto Warranty has the motivation and drive to do whatever it takes to protect consumers from the financial and emotional strains brought on by vehicle repairs, allowing you to get back to the more important parts of your life. Whether it be the newest feature on our website or just going the extra mile for a customer, we continuously strive for new and innovative ways to protect our customers. It’s just another way Direct Buy Auto Warranty helps you take your vehicle further.

*visit our website for more info

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My '08 Accord extended warranty was about to run out. I love my car and wasn't looking to get rid of it. My dad told me that he has a policy through Direct Buy and is very pleased!!! I purchased a policy and dad got a $100 gift card for the referral!!

I purchased an extended auto warranty for my 2005 SL500 Mercedes for 3000.00 in 2013. I was able to make 1 claim to repair my car but I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to pay. My contract was for 5 years which began in 2013 and ends in 2018 or til 101,200 miles. My car on has 69,000 on it. I just learned when I was about to make a claim for a repair on my car that they were shut down and that they have a lawsuit. How do you know who to contact to get a refund for the remainder of my contract I paid for.

I went to use this service for the first time and found that their phone number rang at some other business and their website is basically non-existent except for an email address. I assume I have been scammed for $2,000 and will be reporting this to the appropriate authorities.

I purchased a Direct Buy Auto Warranty for $2700 dollars on May 28, 2014, to cover my Mercedes C350. My warranty was for five years or 75000 miles, which at this point, neither is within sight. So on 8/31/2016, I took my car in for service. Recommendation came back, my intake manifold needed replacing, at a total cost of $1900. I informed the service, my warranty covers that, so I was relieved. However, attempting to reach Direct Buy Warranty, to my surprise they are no longer in business or they changed their info without informing the customer, who paid for these bogus warranties.

At one point is Congress or state governing body going to do something about companies misrepresenting themselves and scamming consumers out of their hard earn pay? Lesson, it's best to get the dealers extended warranty or manufacturers. Now, I must pay for my repair out of pocket, Lord when will it all be restored? Y is wrong and unjust on so many levels. Signed, One disappointed Veteran.

Few years ago I purchased a 2003 Mercedes S430 and along I got an extended warranty as they advertised it then for the vehicle. They also said that I could take it for services when needed to any renown service provider; however, the first time I ended up with a defective heat blower, they sent me to AAMCO in Brooklyn, NY for repair. They purchased a cheap Chinese copy that they had to forcefully fit in place and the noise this thing created made me even wonder if it was even new. Then the second issue I had months later, they point blank declined services. They were very disrespectful and daring the consumer as if they knew that you could not do anything about it. That's why you called powerful thief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Buy Auto Warranty?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I bought a Direct Buy auto warranty and I see the state of New Jersey sued them. I guess I got screwed out of my money to their website doesn't work and their phone number is out of service. I spent every last cent I had to protect my car. I bought the platinum elite for 2149 copay zero. I thought if my car broke down I would be covered. Well it looks like I was wrong. Another victim of Direct Buy. I even have a 17 page contract. I wish I could put a lien on their assets from bankruptcy.

I bought a warranty service for my Saab and have only used Direct Buy Warranty only once. I paid $3000 for the warranty and have found out that the company has gone out of business. Do I have any recourse?

So I don't know if anyone else knows this, but I filed with the NJ Attorney General (see others' previous posts regarding their office suing DBW). I received a reply from them dated July 14, 2016 that states that as of March 15, 2016, DBW is no longer operating out of their former corporate office in Edison, NJ, and they have since filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. More importantly, "We are unaware of any assets that DBW may have to provide restitution to you." So basically, I think at this point we're outta luck...

Direct Buy Warranty is a TOTAL ripoff! It is a bait and switch operation that does not honor its agreements and that will do whatever it takes to not pay a cent no matter what the problem is. The company's scam is this - they will insure your car for as long as you do not file a claim. As soon as you do file the claim, they will deny it. You will get pissed off and demand a refund and they will gladly give you a PRORATED refund. Do you see how it works? They will insure any car but it is totally a one way street - they will take for as long as they can until you catch on then they will give you some chump change to go away.

I had a 100,000 mile, Platinum Elite Warranty and they refused to cover ANYTHING on my BMW 745Li even though the steering went out at less than 50,000 miles. They claimed that the INTERNAL PARTS (ones they did not inspect) had suffered normal wear and tear and therefore NOTHING was covered. Under their "logic," EVERYTHING is wear and tear. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

I was scammed. They are sued and closed. Don't buy from Direct Buy Auto Warranty. Who do I call to get my money? Where is the help? VSC # **. They got closed and did not pay customers for fraud? My truck is in the shop now!

DO NOT purchase from this company. They are thieves. I paid $2500.00 for extended warranties. First time I had my car in the shop, they owed $370.00. They approved the repairs and I submitted all the required paperwork to Direct Buy, confirmed receipt and got the total runaround. The checks in the mail never to be received. 2nd time the car was in the shop they could not be contacted. $7000.00 out of my pocket. They are thieves... This company is a SCAM...

We purchased an auto warranty from DIRECT BUY AUTO WARRANTY in Mar of 2015 not knowing the Attorney General of New Jersey reached an $810,000 settlement with them for selling fraudulent warranties a month earlier. Under the settlement, Direct Buy will pay $199,559.75 to consumers who bought the warranty plans. The company owners also will also pay a $500,000 civil fee, as well as a $111,009.41 fee to the state for the cost of the lawsuit. In addition, the company must shut down its business in New Jersey within six months. Do not buy from them. If you have, do what we did, go to the attorney general of your state and submit a complaint asking them to sue on your behalf just like NJ did. NJ protected its own state and did nothing to protect the nation. They gave them 6 months to shut down... Why!? Why not an immediate shutdown nationally.

We bought our warranty during this shutdown period. We could have been saved by NJ instead they did nothing to protect us. File a complaint with the attorney general to sue on your behalf and quote this case as it was reported by legal news line on Feb 2, 2015. The case was originally filed in Feb of 2014 so NJ knew THEY WERE DEFRAUDING PEOPLE FOR OVER A YEAR. IN OUR COMPLAINT I ALSO ASKED FOR DAMAGES FROM NJ FOR NOT PROTECTING everyone.

Bought warranty with Direct Buy Auto Warranty 9/5/2014 with expiration date of 9/5/2018. Tried to use it today, 5/9/2016, for the first time and phone was disconnected no forward number. We paid $2000.00 and it appears we were scammed. It's a useless warranty and we're out $2000.00. Do we have any recourse? I checked the internet and it appears the company was sued by the state of NJ last year. Will we be compensated for our loss? Thank you for any advice as to what we should do.

Please anyone looking at this warranty co. to purchase DON'T!!! Sept 2015 is when I purchased mine and it's been a nightmare. I sold 1st car that was covered and was told that I could transfer warranty to my new/used car, both a Mercedes. A 2006 E350 & 2006 S430, neither one was covered by policy but they took my money. Still waiting on my refund. As of 5-2-2016, no refund. I sent my complaint to the NJ Attorney General office. Now it's in their hands, hoping to get some results. Good luck to all of you.

I purchased their bumper to bumper coverage after several calls from sales rep as he kept making the deal better. I finally accepted coverage and canceled the one I was buying. I have a 2006 Mini Cooper which is known for transmission issues which was, no problem. The transmission started slipping and I got it off the road. I called and talked to a rep who actually knew these cars and issue. She told me that if it was driveable take it to the shop because they slip its trash. I ask her if it was a problem that if was possible to get home since I was recovering from surgery and wife is disabled and travel was hard for her. That's was fine and we discussed that with another surgery scheduled to take it to shop when I could, of course none of those notes were in system.

Long story cut short is I took it to dealer and they test drove, put it on the computer, internal failure, claim denied because I drove it to the shop. When I asked for their corporate number I was informed that there wasn't anyone to talk to and that they had made the decision and it was final. I was able to get another rep on phone and notes were put in system about conversations that never took place. Have not be able to talk to anyone since, that was in December 2015. Now I have a very nice vehicle that needs a transmission replacement sitting in the garage. I will probably never purchase another extended warranty, I am glad that I did not put my wife's vehicle on a policy with them. They are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

I purchased the Platinum extended warranty from Direct Buy Warranty for my 2010 Mercedes in October of 2012 and was told it was like a bumper to bumper coverage. I have a maintenance issue and the Mercedes dealership and I have tried to contact them at the 732-333-3927 number and it states I am calling outside of normal business hours regardless of the time called. We cannot contact DBW. DO NOT BUY anything from this company.

My husband and I decided to purchase two extended auto warranties for our cars from Direct Buy Auto. My husband's car had some car repairs that a few should have been covered by Direct Buy and they did not pay one cent. It ended up costing us $4K in repairs. Since my car was also covered by Direct Buy Auto Warranty I realized this company was not going to pay for anything in the event my car had a problem.

We contacted DBAW and they sent us cancellation forms via email. We filled out the forms and got our mileage notarized in order to receive our prorated amount of money back. Each contract cost us $2400.00. Our request for cancellation was done in January 2016. We mailed our forms back by certified/registered mail. We received their signatures back.

It is now April 22, 2016 and so far there is no response from them. We mailed them another letter requesting information on our refund by certified/registered mail which they signed upon receipt and still no phone call, email, nor mail from them. If you try calling their new phone number which is (732) 333-3927 you will get a recording saying "thank you for calling Direct Buy Auto Warranty... you have reached us outside normal business hours." I just tried it again and it is 2:49 CST on Friday. Their website: is now a ghost website.

I've done a lot of research on this company since January 2016 and was shocked to find out how many complaints are filed online on them. I learned they were sued by NJ Attorney General that settled for $800M and never to open a business based in NJ. This case settled in February 2015, I learned the state of CA is going after them and I've filed a complaint with TX Attorney General. I am amazed this company has stolen from people since 2011 and are getting away with it! Five years later... we are the latest victims. How is that??? If there is a class action suit with this company please contact me through this website. Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! This company is totally a scam. No one ever answers the phone. If you are ever fortunate enough to get through, you get the runaround. THERE ARE NO SUPERVISORS FOR YOU TO SPEAK WITH and they do not place follow-up calls. They do not respond to emails. I cancelled my membership 4 months ago, sent in the requested notarized letter, to no avail. I am happy to participate in a class action judgment against this company.

I purchased a Auto Warranty when my factory Warranty expired at 4 years, was all excited to get this bumper to bumper, 0 deductible, 100,000 miles warranty for my car. However that excitement did not last long. I left 16 Messages for Mark, with no response. Was supposed to get a policy, it never came, had no Policy # and they would not return calls. Finally I got an email from DBW team, wanting me to sign an authorization form. They told me I would not be covered until I do. Well at this point I had ask to cancel my contract. They then told me to print and have notarized a mileage form to prorate my refund, since it wasn't done in the first 30 days. I told them if they would of answered the phone, or returned one of the 16 messages, I would have. This was in January. I purchased in November but this was the first contact that I had with them. They ensured me that they were mailing another policy which I have never received.

I filled out their form for cancellation, followed the instructions and mailed it back to them at the address provided. Still nothing, and now no one answers the phone and emails don't go thru. State of California won't do anything without a policy, which I don't have. I got burned for 2500.00. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE and if you find a # or email address that works, let me know. I only have copies of emails from them. They took the monies straight from my account, they also charged me fees for taking the monies.

I wish I read all the complaints prior to making an appointment. I thought they would save me money and got suckered like so many other people. Gave me the impression I could cancel my contract especially being military. I went down there on numerous occasions to cancel because quite frankly, they didn't offer anything I could get elsewhere at a better price! And guess what? Their Chesapeake, VA location closed down and I got a message they are online now. Worst customer service... Should've walked out of there when they told me the membership price like my gut told me to. Trusted that I could cancel... they give you the run around and then claim you have to send a letter to the CEO to not only cancel your membership, but to get a refund for money you've wasted. I'm writing the BBB next because I still have not gotten any kind of communication about the contract cancellation.

I bought my warranty in Nov 2015 for a 2006 Range Rover. Just last month, the driver door handle broke and I have been trying to call the company to initiate a claim. Looks like they are shut down and their phone number and website does not work. I am as upset as everyone else about being ripped off! I called my credit card company to dispute the charge but since it is over 120 days (barely), they cannot help me. I'm sure there are hundreds of people are in the same boat of being scammed so there must be a class action lawsuit coming...

Bought an extended warranty from them and then sold the car. We agreed on the refund amount but in six months have not received it. You cannot contact them. They do not respond to e-mails and will not answer their phone. I would recommend that NO ONE buy anything from them. I have gone thru the Better Business Bureau and the District Attorney, and still no response. Zack ** sold me the warranty and cannot be contacted. They are a total fraud as far as I am concerned.

I have been paying this company since July of 2015. Tried calling to update payment information and can't talk to anyone. Called for two days and stayed on hold for over two hours, still no one answered. I am out all the money I paid them and no warranty. Do not buy from this company. They should be sued.

I purchased their warranty thinking I had done my due diligence... Boy was I wrong! All the reviews I read was obviously from the company, because the first time I made a claim they ran me (and my mechanic) through the wringer. The first problem is the salesman straight up lied to me. I asked if gaskets were covered for leaking, he told me "Yes". Several times I mentioned this, because as the owner of a BMW, this is a frequent and expensive ordeal. Each and every time it was "YES". So I find I have a leak and what is the answer? NO - Gaskets are only covered if there is damage to the engine that requires them to replace that gasket.

My first actual claim was for a water pump. Now BMW, in their infinite wisdom, decided a $500 electric water pump was the way to go. Anyway, here goes my claim. I get towed there (which is supposed to be reimbursed), and my mechanic calls them for the claim. DBAW searches the internet for the lowest price they can find for a part and then authorize that amount... $200 less than the cheapest he can get from any local source! Who has to pay that? ME!

I pay my portion of the bill and a couple of weeks I get a call from my mechanic. Seems they never sent money and he can't get a hold of anyone! He is put on hold for 30-50 minutes at a time and then hung up on. They tell him they sent a check in the mail (People still use that line?) and give other excuses. 3 months later (yes this went on for three months) I finally threaten to cancel my policy and block any other money coming from my account if it wasn't paid by the end of the day. He was paid. It's been nearly a year and I still haven't received my $75 towing reimbursement. He told me he didn't want to work with them ever again... I don't blame them. I think I'll get out while I can and get one run by people that aren't crooks.

It is nearly impossible to contact anybody on the phone. As stated by other consumers, all telephone prompts results in 3-4 rings then recording about high volume or straight to recording. I made one claim that was denied after the mechanic tried contacting someone for hours. I now have a question about my claim for my wheels and no answer for two days. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR.

I have been trying to reach Direct Buy Warranty for 3 weeks now and so has the Chevrolet dealership that did the repairs on my car. They had started trying to reach them when my car first broke down, a week before they even started the repairs! I needed my car fixed so I could get back and forth to my job!! They finally just had to fix it, in the meantime still trying to reach DBW, with NO LUCK! They called me today and need the bill paid so I have to use almost my whole check this Friday of $372.00 to cover the cost! I have tried reaching DBW with no luck, as well!!

I am extremely upset about all of the horrible review I have read about this company! I did not see any bad reviews about them when I was looking for an extended warranty company 1 1/2 years ago! Shame on me for not doing a better job at researching them! BUT... SHAME ON THEM for screwing so many customers out of their justifiable warranty! They need to be sued! A BIG CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! I will definitely be a part of it! I am going to check it out with the Attorney General's Office tomorrow so if I find out anything I will post something about it and leave the information for those that want justice!

Paid 1800 for a 3 year contract in Dec 2014. I had an small issues with my car and called them for the Claim. They never picked the call. The auto dealer called them many times and never got a response. So I paid for the repair and tried to call them many times but no response. I finally decided to cancel my contract and get my refund. I send my Odometer reading and they too cancelled my contract and send an email with my refund details, this was in May 2015.

I waited for 10 days for my refund cheque and never got it. I called them and they said they will send it again. Again I waited for 30 days and called them and they said they will send a new cheque. I didn't receive it. Called them regularly, only the same lady answered my questions every time. She always said she will connect me to the accounting department and put the call on hold. After few mins the call will disconnect automatically. I am still waiting for my refund. Now with the new customer care number it gets disconnect.

I have read many of the other complaints and I certainly follow suit with all of them. I paid close to $2600 just a year ago for a 4 year policy. I have never even attempted to use it over this past year. This past October, my son was in an accident that totaled this car (no injuries, thank God!). I purchased another car and no longer need this coverage. I have been attempting to communicate with anyone at Direct Buy to cancel, and have been totally unsuccessful. It is such a shame that we have people that are willing to lie and cheat people out of their hard-earned money. You almost feel violated and used. I would hope that in today's litigious world, we all have some type of legal action that we can take to get some of our money returned. If anyone has an idea, please let me know! I purchased my warranty through Solamon **. I thought I had his trust... I guess I was wrong!

Same experience as so many others... Paid thousands cash up front and cannot get through to file a claim or cancel. I think it is time for everyone to collectively go after this company. If you are serious about doing something, you can email me. I will build a list and get back to everyone after getting some legal advice on how to proceed.

I purchased a policy on my Mercedes in July '15. The payments were automatically debited from my checking account monthly. In February of 2016, the payment was not deducted. When I checked my Direct Buy account online on February 6th, it shows my account as being "Past due". I called Direct Buy more than 25 times over 3 days; and left at least 10 Email messages. No one has called me back. Most of the time, the phone just hangs up; other times, I'm placed on hold for several minutes, then it hangs up. Horrible customer service.

Direct Buy Auto Warranty Company Profile