Ship Your Car

Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS)

Ship Your Car

Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

We were relocated from central Florida to Washington state. When DAS arrived at our home to pick up our vehicles they gave us an arrival date in Washington. Also that included a date that was to be the very last day of guaranteed arrival and tracking number. This company took our vehicles and went dark. The movers who had a harder job than this company, because they were shipping our whole house, every item we owned across country got to our location as promised and early. We waited and waited and tried to track our vehicles with no luck. No one was helpful on the phone at this company. We had to threaten to call the authorities after our vehicles were not able to be located after two weeks. This cost us big time money in rental car fees.

This company working out of the east coast even tried to blame a hurricane that was 3 to 4 days out headed for Florida but never touched the west coast of the state. They could have certainly picked up the cars and got out, but that would mean someone had to be in charge and actually using their brain. It was all bull, as I returned to Florida while my car was still missing and 90 percent of the state was unscathed. Here's an idea DAS, if there is a storm headed for the east coast, make your pickups earlier. That would only make sense. It was all lies and we had to get many people involved to find our vehicles and get them on DAS relentlessly to get our cars delivered. Upon delivery they had some rude kid dropping off, acting like he did not have an extra 15 minutes to wait for my husband to arrive after work, as I had to leave town and they were the ones who could not keep a schedule.

But at drop off the kid had to give out attitude because he had to wait 15 minutes for us, how would he like to wait 15 days with no contact? This is what you can expect with people who do these jobs that have no education and no respect because they do not even have respect for themselves. The one good thing I can add and I should not because it is expected, is this person did unload the cars correctly. But you guessed it, the cars were cosmetically damaged, but of course it will take a zillion years and a fight to the death to get reimbursed for damage, even though they know they damaged the vehicle because the scratches the vehicle had were not present upon pick up and they even admitted they were not present and not documented.

Oh one more thing, they stole all my extra change out of my ashtray I forgot about which added up to maybe 2 bucks, how desperate, and I left unknowingly a tool that if you ended up trapped in water, retention pond, or anything the tool cut my seatbelt and had a tap on it to shatter my window so I would live in case of disaster. They did not think I would notice, but they stole it. So to sum it up, unreliable, disrespectful, ungrateful, untrustworthy. Take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I have never had experienced such poor customer service. They take your money when they pick up the car, tell you that your car will arrive with 7-10 days. When you call to find out status, who can't get anyone on the phone. The representative who was always available from the time the paperwork was started suddenly became a ghost. It was 4 weeks and my car was still in CA when it should have been in GA. I finally had to get my Bank involved to reverse the payment charges and I got Auto 1 Transport to deliver the car with 4 days of picking the car up. WARNING! DO NOT, DO NOT use this company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I have read all of your complaints, especially about not receiving payment for damages to your vehicle caused by DAS. It happened to me and even our Ins company gave up. This is because DAS uses a transport insurance company who deceives everyone into believing they are not responsible. We have the facts. You need to target your complaints to all the people in the Bloomberg profile.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I don't usually write reviews especially bad ones but I can't be silent this time because I don't want others to suffer terrible experience like I did. I used DAS twice in the past in August 2015 from New Jersey to California and again in October 2015 from California to New Jersey. Both occasions the vehicle arrived to destination in less than 2 weeks. I was very satisfied with their service. So I used this time again moving to California from New Jersey without checking the reviews since I trusted them. That was my big mistake and the start of nightmares. My car was picked up on August 4th one day earlier than scheduled date. They are very good at it. Initially when I booked, they gave me ETA of August 22nd. I paid in full after my car was picked up then the ETA changed to August 26th saying that it was calculated 17 days from the time of payment. I received email that my vehicle was waiting to be assigned for the carrier.

Since then I did not hear from them. I moved to California 2 weeks earlier than ETA date of my vehicle. I called 2-3 times a week about my car status of move. They did not answer most of the time since my number was automatically linked to my order number and vehicle information. After ETA of August 26th has passed, the sales agent answered my phone and said that my car status was "escalated" which doesn't mean anything. On September 1st, I received email that my vehicle was assigned to a carrier but no pickup date and ETA. When I called they said that once it is assigned my car will be loaded in 1 -3 days. No information afterwards. I kept calling them almost every day but they didn't say the exact date of loading or ETA to destination. I worried about my car. I can't concentrate in my work, can't sleep at night. I have rented the car for commute to work and they told me that they don't refund or pay for the car rental.

It was not my fault to get to the situation of renting a car. They said that they will give back some compensation depending upon the days late after ETA. I am a returning customer and I was treated that way so can you imagine how would they treat to a new customer? Later after I called they said that my car will be loaded on September 13th. When I called on that day, the car was not picked up and can't say when is the next rescheduled load date. On 15th of September, I told the rep that if my car is not loaded by next Monday, I will cancel the order. I spoke with another car carrier who is willing to help take out my car from the original destination following week and ship it to me. On next Monday when I called the original storage place, someone said that my car was loaded already with the ETA to California on September 23rd. I didn't hear anything on September 23rd and then weekend came.

On following Monday September 26th I called DAS and they did not know where my car is and it hasn't arrived to the destination. Later that day, I received email from DAS that my vehicle arrived to final destination. It took exactly 30 days from original ETA and 7 weeks from the day that my car was picked up from my home 1 week shy of total of 2 months they keep my car in their possession. I want to say that if they take money for the service from the customer they have to fulfill their responsibilities, if not don't do business. How do the employees, management and executives from DAS go to work if they don't have their cars in hand, do they consider about it for their customers?

I called DAS for grievance form and partial refund for compensation and told me that they don't have those forms but they will do partial refund which I doubted. Their service is very unprofessional, inconsiderate, and unacceptable. I will not use DAS again anymore and I urge people to stay away from DAS and if you have no choice, drive your own vehicle cross country. I learned good lesson and paid the big prize using DAS without checking the reviews.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I bought a car from an Arkansas dealer last year, and the dealer there arranged to have it shipped to my home, in Nevada. For whatever reason, the dealer decided to use DAS. A few weeks past DAS's estimated date of the car's arrival, I received an email with a photo from DAS showing that DAS had damaged the car during shipment. After another several weeks, the car was delivered. I then had a body shop email a repair estimate to DAS per DAS's request. DAS responded that I would receive payment for the damages within 30 business days. It has now been more than one year, and DAS has not remunerated me the $1,200 for the damage. At first, DAS explained that their new accounting software was delaying payment. Now, however, DAS doesn't even respond to my emails and phone calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS)?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Had our jeep shipped from Denver to New York. The company picked up my car on Aug 19 and said we would have our car delivered to NY around Sept 2nd. That was not the case. Thankfully we did get our car on September 7th and with it being Labor Day weekend on the 5th we pretty much considered it only being 2 days past due. (We were only counting business days.) Our biggest problem with them is that once they got hold of our car we could not reach anyone from DAS to update the car's status or answer any questions or concerns we may have had. We called and left messages daily. We were beginning to think we got robbed! Thankfully we used an outside company that recommended us to DAS and they answered all our calls and helped ease our minds that our car was safe and would eventually get home to us. Very unprofessional of DAS and would probably not use them again for that reason.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I was forced to move my car with DAS as they are a sub-contract company for my moving company. They delivered my car with a dead battery and refused the cost of a battery replacement. They said that their contract does not cover any interior/mechanical of the car. So you can receive your car with everything good outside but with interior damage. Good luck with you if you choose this company.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I really did research before I chose an auto shipper to ship my car from Massachusetts to Texas. DAS was not the cheapest and it came highly recommended, so I went with them. They picked up my car on July 26, 2016, and it was not delivered to me until August 31, 2016. They had sent an email that my car would be at my local terminal by August 25, but when I called, every day after that, they could not tell me where my car was. Customer service just said, "The driver didn't check in." No one could even tell me where my car was! I was put on hold for a minimum of 45 minutes each time I called. I just now tried to call to report a dent in my car that wasn't there before, and I could not get through.

I tried twice yesterday, too, but I don't have this much time to wait on hold. One customer service agent was very snippy with me when I wanted to ensure that my car would be delivered to my home. "That's what you paid for, isn't it??" she said. I would not recommend this company at all. Their customer service is non-existent and their integrity is questionable. Do not use this company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

Retired from the military and had to move from Washington St. to Virginia. Chose this company to ship my vehicle based off of recommendation of one person. Should have done my homework!! Made reservation for drop off of the car 1 month prior to dropping off. Paid my money before dropping off as required. Dropped off car and started driving across country. 5 days after dropping off car I get an email saying the car hasn't left yet and hasn't been assigned to a carrier. Got to Virginia and 10 days after dropping off car I call and automated service tells me "your vehicle shipment is late". That's all that was said! I could figure that out.

I wait 35 minutes on hold to talk to customer service only to rudely be told that they can't even project when a transport vehicle will be assigned for my vehicle. Also told me that my case isn't bad because others have been waiting a lot longer than me. Asked how they were going to help me since my wife and I have to work and her car is lost in the abyss and I was told they could only say sorry and all contracts provide an estimated ship date not a guarantee. So now we have no car and they refuse to answer emails, voicemails, or give me a projection of when my car will be shipped.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Sure wish I had read these reviews earlier! I recently purchased a vehicle from the San Diego area and made arrangements with DAS to have it transported to the east coast. My car was dropped off at the Lemon Grove terminal (San Diego area) on 5 Aug with an ETA date from DAS of 18 Aug. The DAS representative did say it was the busy season, so a few days, even a week, seems reasonable to me for possible delays. Especially if DAS were to keep a customer appraised of shipping status. I called on the ETA date, not expecting delivery, but to just get a status with an updated delivery date. I left phone messages three business days in a row with no response, email or phone.

Today, I attempted to reach any live body at DAS, but discovered that their phone systems cleverly recognize the phone number you call from and sends you to the same representative's voice mail each time. Any inputs of your DAS number also sends you to the representative's voice mail. Not too helpful if the representative won't return your calls as it is. I finally used a different phone, did not enter my DAS #, waited for the next available representative who informed me that my vehicle is still in Lemon Grove. The representative's explanation was they were about a week behind (22 Aug - 5 Aug = 1 week behind?) I could not get an updated transport date, nor an ETA and, foolishly or not - I don't know yet, have elected to wait a couple more days.

Anyone who has shipped anything with the Postal Service, UPS, or FEDEX knows tracking systems are not only state-of-the-art, but easily implemented and work very well. How a company that ships large and valuable items can't or hasn't yet implement anything similar is beyond belief. Worse is lack of accountability or customer service follow-up for any delay. One would think it reasonable to notify customers of delays by monitoring estimated delivery dates, and at least be prepared to offer an update. I will update this review if and when the car arrives with amplifying information of actual delivery date, any customer service interaction, and the condition of the car as potentially impacted by transport. Don't recommend using DAS until they improve across the board.

Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) Company Information

Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS)
      3020 Highway 80 East