Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.25/5

DCN Hyundai

DCN Hyundai (formerly Brad Benson Hyundai) is located in Monmouth Junction, NJ. It sells new and pre-owned Hyundai vehicles along with financing and special bonus offers for recent college graduates, members of the military and referrals.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

157 DCN Hyundai Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2015

Bought car 3 yrs ago, should have known when we were there to midnight that they just pushed selling cars. Service is terrible. 1st drop off car, you can wait, won't be long. 3 hrs later still no answer or car. Now new issue - noise when braking and turning. They don't hear it of course but tell my husband brake light out and need new battery and several other items. My husband can do these fixes so I go to 3 places to get my brake light. Wasn't allowing them to change for $45 so finally get bulb for $5... got to change bulb, NOT one light is out, nothing ... nothing is wrong with my battery either.

I know all service dept look to get money but this place is completely ridiculous and I will NEVER buy a car from there again. They may top sales but they suck in every other aspect. Do not go there!!!

Original review: June 18, 2015

I scheduled an appointment for 3:15 on Wednesday because my car was not starting properly and the engine was making knocking sounds. I showed up around 2:45. My oil was checked as soon as I pulled in while the engine was running. The service tech told me my oil was low, which I have a hard time believing because I had just had the oil changed about 1,000 miles ago. He told me I was down two quarts. I asked why my oil light had not come on and he explained that it was not low enough to trigger the light. My car takes 4.8 quarts, so 2 quarts is nearly half of my oil! Strike one.

I filled out some paperwork and the tech told me he would "push my car though" and that I would hear from them before any repairs were made. By 7:30 I had not heard a word, so I called up to see what the status of my car was. All I was told was that they heard the knocking, but they could not test the starter issue until the engine was cold, so they would have to wait until morning. The tech told me he would be in at 9am and I would hear from him then. I should not have had to call to get this information. Strike two.

Today (Thursday), I called around 3pm because I had still not heard from anyone there. Strike three. The tech claims the car started up with no issue and the knocking sounds were my suspension, which was loose. He said they were fixing it now and were going to take it for a test drive. I told him no repairs were to be made until I was called and made known about them so I could approve it. He said it was covered under warranty, so they didn't bother to call. Strike four.

I had now called twice about my vehicle, which is unacceptable, and wanted to know when I would get a call back about it. He said within an hour and half. I never got that call. Strike five. I called up angrily to demand to know about my car, but was informed the service department was called. I said I wanted to speak to a manager at 7:30 am when they opened. It will be two days my car has been there and no communication!!

Original review: May 27, 2015

Worst customer service ever. I dropped off my car on Monday cause of vent system made a noise whenever I'd change vent mode. They checked my car and had me sign off on check list. Get a call to come pick up my car on Wednesday. I get there and my windshield is cracked. Service manager ** tells me it was probably there already now it just got bigger while my car was in their possession and wanted me to call my insurance co. I said NO! And insisted on them replacing... I asked if the loaner car they had given me had a cracked on the windshield, who'd be responsible and his answer quickly "you". So I told them they are replacing it and I'm not paying a dime. So after about 15 mins of arguing he acts like gonna do me a favor and replace it and ordered a replacement and advise me it should be here within a week.

I called my service advisor ** after week and a half... and was told it's not here yet, and as soon as it gets here he'll call me. After waiting another week, called them back and still no windshield. In the meantime, my vent issue wasn't corrected to factory specifications. When climate in the car is set to auto, ac light didn't come on. ** the service advisor tried telling me that's how that model works. Which is not true... they simply forgot to enable defogging logic. When I asked to speak with manager, all of sudden **, service manager, had left the building. They have the most incompetent techs and managers. I'll never do business with them again and I suggest you don't either.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I hear a lot about Brad Benson Hyundai so I decided to stop by on my way to my grandmother's house. My 99 Taurus was falling apart and I wanted to see if I could trade it in towards a car. ** helped me get into a new 2015 Red Elantra. The car is great.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I just got a 2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I love it! The service was incredible from the time I walked in and from the time I left out! They did their best to meet the needs I had and what I was comfortable with. I would definitely recommend you go here if you're looking for a great car and great service. Thank you guys!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DCN Hyundai?

Original review: April 7, 2015

Very nice Salesperson. Made the deal. From there on out I was just a # not a customer. Part of my deal was to buy out my current lease. Now I've done this before, and always received my buyout at the time of the deal. This was different, as they said they would mail me the check. I have heard from a few people when I was actually able to get them on the phone that it could be a week or a month. To even get someone to call me back is almost impossible. They keep saying "We will have someone get back to you," but never heard from anyone. They are all about pushing high volume of cars. Never been so disappointed in the 30 years of leasing vehicles. Should have listened to my gut and left the dealership when I had the chance!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 23, 2015

It was terrible day for me. I spent more than 7 hours at dealer. I leased 2013 Hyundai Sonata gls and I pay 379 per month with 3500 down payment. They really bothered me. First, they offered $500 for 2004 Acura tl after then accepted $7500. As I said, I spent more than 7 hours. It is long story........

Original review: March 16, 2015

I had a terrible experience at Brad Benson Hyundai in South Brunswick. I went in to purchase a car on Saturday the 28th. They were very busy as we had to wait (which felt like an hour) to talk to a salesperson. The last four cars that I bought were from the Hyundai in Burlington and I decided to try a different dealer, thinking that they were closer and it would be more convenient. After looking at some cars and finding a car which read "$10,000 OFF" we decided to talk to a salesperson. He then proceeded to tell us that the $10,000 was for only military and graduate rebates, etc., etc. He unfortunately was one of the worst sales people I have ever met.

I kept asking, "How much are you going to sell this car and what price can you give me?" He would not give me a quote. The offer that he gave me was $599.69 a month for 72 months -- that comes to $43,177.68 (BIG RIP-OFF). Then he brought it down to $549 per month for 72 months. I asked him what price were they getting this $599.69 monthly payment from? He supposedly had no clue and had to go into the back and find out. Then he came back out and told me that it was based off the MSRP. I did know that my credit score did drop. It was high at one time but dropped because of personal issues. The car I was looking at had an MSRP of 21,000. I know that the car can sell for $17,500 to $18,200 after rebates and incentives. Now look at the MSRP -- $21,000 -- and then the total payments after 72 months -- $43,177.68. More than DOUBLE the price of the car.

On top of that, the car had some type of back-end damage which I was concerned about. The salesperson was telling me they would put a work order in for the damage. Are you kidding me?? I am trying to purchase a new car and they want to sell me one with damage on it and to come back at a later date to get it repaired (THAT IS JUST BAD BUSINESS). I really felt humiliated at the way they thought they could just insult my intelligence. I was asking for a price of $425 a month which seemed to not be happening.

Anyway, as we were walking out, my friend heard one of them say, "Do not let them leave!" The man then came outside and told us that we were with him for a long time and that we should wait until we talked with the manager. He went back inside and we noticed that a car was blocked in front of our car and it seemed as if they did it so we would not be able to leave. My friend then asked another worker to please move the car, which he did. We then proceeded to leave Brad Benson.

Within the next few days I talked to other people who I know who had the same type of experience. I can't go into detail because that is third party experiences. Anyway if the salesperson was just honest and straightforward from the start, most likely he would have sold the car. If only they would have given it to me at the price I wanted for $425 monthly at 72 months. That comes to $30,600 -- big difference from the 599.69 per month that they offered me.

This other Hyundai dealer was very honest, upfront, and wanted to work with me face to face. They were not constantly running into the back to discuss things with their manager. So, the outcome was this, the car that I eventually bought from the other dealer was for $409 per month for 72 months, cheaper than what I was willing to pay at Brad Benson.

Original review: March 14, 2015

I had ** as a salesman and he was amazing, he didn't stop until I left with exactly what I wanted with the price I could afford. He was so nice he even brought me pizza while I waited for my car to get detailed. If you even go to Brad Benson Hyundai in South Brunswick on route 1, make sure you ask for **.

Original review: March 2, 2015

It was a very pleasant experience. The staff was attentive and provided me with quality customer service.

DCN Hyundai Company Information