Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.25/5

DCN Hyundai

DCN Hyundai (formerly Brad Benson Hyundai) is located in Monmouth Junction, NJ. It sells new and pre-owned Hyundai vehicles along with financing and special bonus offers for recent college graduates, members of the military and referrals.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

157 DCN Hyundai Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2016

I purchased a new 2012 Sonata in December 2012 from Brad Benson Hyundai located in Monmouth JCT. New Jersey. After dealing with the salesman, it was off to financial department. Going over the contract I noticed where they had included a Hyundai Protection Service Contract at a cost of $2175.00. This is after being at the dealership for about 4 hours, so it got by me. I returned the next day to question that addition to my contract. And the finance guy explained to me all the items that would be covered while handing me the pamphlet for the coverage also stating that I would receive additional documents by mail within 30 days. That never happened. I keep the car for 3 years and 2 months, during that time there were many services performed. Nothing was ever covered by Protection Service Contract.

Every time I informed the service personnel of the contract the response would always be "that's a regular scheduled maintenance item." I was once told it would kick in once I hit 60K miles. Well when I turned the car in (February 2016) it had 86K miles and that $2175.00 protection plan NEVER covered anything. So I'm asking everyone to check your contract. If you have this coverage and find yourself in the same situation contact me. This was definitely a rip-off, I fell for. I'm looking to find as many owners as possible caught in this same situation, please contact me.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Turned in a leased Sonata in July 2015 leased a Elantra. Was on the fence turning in the Sonata lease early but my salesman Mike ** told me the dealership would pay off the lease and it would be in my best interest since I was close to being over the miles. The calls from Hyundai started around September informing me the Sonata was not paid off. Called the dealership spoke to Mike who told me it was a accounting error. Calls went on for months. No one would return my call. If someone seemed helpful when I called back I was told they no longer worked there.

Finally months later after multiple calls by me they referred me to Brad Benson's lawyer. When I called her I was told she was his personal attorney and I needed to call the corporate attorney. So I did only to be told Brad Benson Hyundai dealership is bankruptcy. If I wanted I could fill out papers but it could take years and if anything is left after his other creditors are paid a portion may be paid. I told them this has affected my credit negatively and my car insurance. They said there is nothing they could do. Brad Benson is advertising on the radio now 101.5 about his new dealership. Is there no recourse?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

I leased a Santa Fe 2013 from Brad Benson Hyundai dealership, which was to be returned in Dec 2015. I called the dealership to let them know that I would be returning the lease a few days early, and they advised to come before 5 pm, on a weekday (like I don't a have job!). I told them that I would be coming to return the car around 5 pm. When I arrived there, the extremely rude receptionist (who thought she was too pretty to talk courteously to customers) informed me that the ONLY person who could take a lease back had left for the day (despite me calling them and letting them know that I would be coming) and his backup was also "unavailable". I was furious as I had requested someone to pick me up from the dealership and they also had to leave work early to provide this favor to me.

After complaining and requesting to see management, some "manager" came, who was dressed, and worse, acted extremely unprofessionally. Told me to "not create a scene" (mind you there was no customer in the dealership, since it was 5 pm on a weekday) and to "simply return the lease when their staff was present". I informed him that I had called prior to coming and that I could not return on another day. He basically shrugged his shoulders, like "It's not my problem".

Luckily, Ashley (a staff member) walked by and said she could help me return the lease (apparently she was the backup person, even though, both the receptionist and so-called manager informed that she had left for the day). She was courteous and efficient - returned my lease in less than 5 minutes. That's how simple it was! I am never returning to Brad Benson ever again. They were disrespectful, showed no empathy and were so unprofessional. I really loved the Santa Fe 2013, but from my lease return experience, I am totally turned off by Hyundai, in general.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

So sorry I went back to Brad Benson to turn in my leased Sonata for an Elantra. They told me the loan on the Sonata would be paid off and then I am hearing from Hyundai Finance that it isn't paid off. I call but no one returns my call until I tell them I am coming on a Saturday and making a scene. Next I made the mistake of letting the Salesman (Paul) take care of my plates. Now DMV wants to know where my plates are. I call and Coleen tells me she will get back to me. That was over a month ago. I will tell everyone they just want to sell cars. They do not want to have return customers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I have called daily and spoke to Clover, Colleen, Mike **. All 3 promise to call back or keep in touch or promise that my truck loan would be paid off in full. The truck was traded in for a car during a divorce. They have had it for over a month now which makes my payment look late! Every time I talk to someone they promise that it will be paid off, 7 weeks later it still has not been paid in full. The collections dept for my bank gets on the phone and records me as if I am the one holding payment. I have not been late on any payments over 160 on my credit report. They pass the phone around, they send me to voice mails and nobody knows but everyone promises payoff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DCN Hyundai?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I went to the Dealer in August 2015 to buy a car for my daughter. Made a deal to purchase with a 1,000 refund check to be mailed to me in 30 days. I am still waiting for the check. The sales manager refrained from telling us that the dealer was being sold, and that Brad Benson's fund were being held. The new owners refused to refund me the $1,000.00 even though I had all the paperwork to prove it. Never told me about the dealer sale, just gave me the runaround for 2 months. The receptionist told me one day to call the lawyer handling the issue. I submitted all my paperwork, I'm still waiting. Don't fall for the "deals" trap, they have scammed a lot of people. The new ownership is no different.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

My 2012 Sonata engine seized .By the way, many complaints about this happening with Sonatas. Brad ** in New Jersey Route 1 will not cover this repair saying its engine SLUDGE due to poor maintenance. How untrue. Took car to independent garage recommended by my lawyer, who said there was no buildup of sludge. There is a class action lawsuit against Hyundai started in May 2015. Check out the web for Sonatas with engine failures. Do not buy a car from Brad ** in New Jersey, Big Phony.. P.S. They wanted $9,000.00 to repair engine. That's how you treat customers?? What a joke.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Traded in 2011 Hyundai Sonata for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata on May 29th. We contracted a deal, and pay off was suppose to be made on 2011 with a certain time frame, on the contracted amount of 9769.00. Needless to say Brad Benson didn't make payoff within a reasonable time and I had to make a payment on a vehicle I no longer owned, plus a new payment on The 2015 car. Brad Benson was in the process of liquidating his dealership and put a stay on any moneys going out (my payoff)...

After July 23, payoff was made, but not the contracted amount, less the payments that I shelled out, to protect my credit. He paid a lesser amount.. He's got my car, and not for the amount that was contracted... Less the 366.02 that I had to shell out for them. As far as I am concerned he knowing made a deal well, knowing what the future was holding for his dealership... And that he embezzled that remaining balance. I want the amount that I signed the contract for...

Original review: July 28, 2015

Bought a new Santa Fe sport 2.0T from Brad Benson Hyundai spending around $38k and after few days started hearing unusual sound from the engine and took it to the dealer at around 3k miles. The service guys said it’s usual for new type of GDI engines and send me back. At 9k miles my new cars engine blow up and the whole engine and the turbo system got replaced under warranty. Again after that many problems started coming up and now at 19K miles the windshield rubber started coming out from both sides and the dealer it's not manufacturing fault and not covered under warranty. Guys think twice about Hyundai build and quality before buying.

Original review: July 2, 2015

I had traded in my 2012 Hyundai Accent for an Elantra GT on May 27. Was at the dealership for a while, worked out a deal w/ what I had. 4 days later the dealership called for me to come to the dealership and that he had good news. When I got there they demanded I pay more money for down payment which I put another 1000 down which now depleted my savings account which I was upset but ok. Still don't think it was right with an agreement was already signed. Had to bring the new car back due to wrong windshield wiper on passenger side was the wrong one and size. When I signed paper work to finally leave the service rep started that don't forget to take the survey and make sure nothing less than a 10 which by the way the salesperson stated the same, still have the paperwork where he circled what I should state.

Now come to the biggest issue... Been trying to contact Brad Benson for weeks now - no call back, no one will pick up the call. Contacted my salesperson on 6/22. Explained that Hyundai Motor finance keeps calling me regarding my payment on the Accent, said he will call me back (still waiting) - still receiving numerous calls for payment so on 6/24 spoke to ** at Hyundai Finance and she was kind enough to have a 3 way call to get this rectified. We waited on the phone for 1 hr and 20 min. Finally ** had to go but notated my account and suggested I contact consumer affairs.

After ** hung up a rep got on the phone rude. I had asked why did it take that long for someone to talk to me... She didn't care then I was transferred to ** who said she would contact Hyundai Finance so that the calls for payment can stop. Needless to say they have not, I contacted Brad Benson - again ** is on vacation, no one will pick up the phone. The phone associates said that someone will contact me by 3:15 - still waiting. My Accent account will be 30 days late by July 7 and no one will talk to me. Am I a piece of **?

Updated on 07/30/2015: Wrote my original review on 7/2/15, still have not heard from the dealership. My 2012 Accent trade in is still not paid off from a trade in. I haven't had the Accent since May 27, no one from the dealership has ever got on the phone to speak with me. Now my account 30+ days late... Great business! Love the customer service, took my money and my car and screw me. Funny thing is that on my original review it's still saying awaiting contact... I guess I am a joke.

DCN Hyundai Company Information