Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.25/5

DCN Hyundai

DCN Hyundai (formerly Brad Benson Hyundai) is located in Monmouth Junction, NJ. It sells new and pre-owned Hyundai vehicles along with financing and special bonus offers for recent college graduates, members of the military and referrals.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

DCN Hyundai Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

I lease my vehicle at DCN Hyundai in May of 2017. I paid $1745 for anti-theft and excess wear and tear warranties. Recently I received notification from the warranty company (DOWC) that they've never received payment from the dealership, therefore my contract was never activated... Which means I have no coverage! The dealership is now under new management, so when I called there, I was transferred 4 times, then given 3 other phone numbers to call. These practices are unethical and the owner of DCN should be held liable for refunding my money in full and not allowed to practice business anymore.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased what I was told was a 2015 Sante Fe with 34,000 original miles. I was told the price of the car was $15,500 and that I would have the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty which was 10 years or 100,000 miles. In addition, I purchased an additional 3 year warranty that would begin after the original had expired. I was charged $2995 for the additional coverage.

I traded in a 2005 Pacifica and gave an additional $8,000 in cash. I recently received a statement from the finance co. Stating my balance is $17,997. How is this possible? To add insult to injury, the engine light came on today and I immediately brought it into DCN to have them figure out what was wrong. I was told my warranty expired and that they were no longer DCN. I couldnt believe what was happening. They gave me a letter of who I could call. There is now a class action suit against them. They totally scammed me. I went back to the original paperwork. They have the selling price of my car as $26.487 and it's not a 2015. It's a 2011. My original key tags say 2017. What thiefs!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 12, 2019

I purchased a new Hyundai Sonata in September 2018. I also purchased the following extended warranties (all signed contracts with DOWC): Theft Protection: $999, GAP Protection $895, Extended Warranty $1,750. Total $3,644. Soon afterwards I got a letter from DOWC stating that the insurance premium was never paid, but I did pay the $3,644 at the time of purchase of the vehicle! With this message I intended to use my right to cancel the contract for a refund of the remaining balance. This is when I heard that DCN Hyundai was sold and my insurance was never paid for by them (but I paid it during the purchase).

I got pushed around and it seems that there is one person responsible for handling this. After a long time I did receive an email from her, offering a full refund (without any admittance of fault...) or the warranty with another company. I chose the full refund. I was asked to send proof that I paid off the vehicle. I sent this proof on 3/15/19 and did not hear back, despite several other emails asking for the next steps.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They sold me a warranty on my new car in August. Never paid the warranty company so now I have to pay for the services I was supposed to get and the warranty in my car payments. My finance company is suing them to get the money back. DO NOT BUY CARS FROM THEM!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a car for $18,900 and they faked me out and charged me $27,000 instead. I have Kelly Blue Book info and proof. I have all paperwork to prove it. If I don't get some help I will be paying about $37,500 in the end for this $18,900 car. Oh and by the way... On the date of purchase (or should I say criminal act) I gave them $4,000 cash towards the $18,900 and also traded in a 2009 Hyundai Elantra. I still have 37 coupons for $395.98 per. At this rate I'll be paying over $38,000 for an $18,900 car. They are thieves and took advantage of my mental disability (Bi-Polar). They confused me on purpose and they should pay for their crimes... Thanks You.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DCN Hyundai?

Original review: June 13, 2017

I returned a leased vehicle 13 days prior to end of lease and leased a new vehicle that day. The dealership did not refund me the money that I spent on old lease while also paying new lease (13 days overlap which came to $195). All my requests to DCN and to Hyundai Finance have been ignored. The dealership is far from ethical and certainly dismissive! Their customer service, management and responsiveness are pitiful!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Bought a car - wonderful car, but was told I would be able to provide my friend's information as a referral and that he would receive $500 credit but it was never received. I called several times and each time they gave me 'the runaround' and ended the conversation by saying, 'It is taken care of' but it never was. I felt cheated, lied to, and do not recommend working with sneaky people.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

This Brad Benson dealership should be investigated. The worst service. I purchased 2 cars at once and have had a nightmare ever since. They lost my current plates. The gentleman that helped us purchased the cars was fired the very next day. I kept calling him and no one would take the call. The negotiator lied about what he was offering us; we never received the booklets (coupons) to have cars serviced for 2 years. Continue to charge us for regular oil changes in error. Extremely insensitive to customers needs. Never received the survey.

Resolution response: May 24, 2016

On May 24 my matter was resolve.

Original review: April 25, 2016

Horrible dealer. So much negative to say but not enough space. I got scam by $3,000. Contract had to be correct. Salesman admit mistake but keep on pushing me around. They hire temp sales people for 6-8 months. Teach them how to scam and then fire them!!! When you come back and hope thing will be correct, they claim all sales people and managers that dealt with you was fired. Sound familiar??? And don't try to call Colleen. You will never hear back being she is so busy with so many customers' complaints. Please message me or text me at **. Let's file a suit together and STOP those scams. Enough is enough!!! Please share with all your friends and family. They will be thankful. Next step is TV.

Original review: April 18, 2016

I told my sales person David ** I was not paying $5k for pinstriping and door guards (not more than $350.00 in any body shop). Sure enough, he came back with the $5k in the price so let the games begin. Was told I would be paying the MSRP, wasn't over charged by $300.00. Asked why and was told it is above my pay grade. Reached out to Dave ** and fell on deft ears. I wish I had a backbone and walked out. Love the Santa Fee Sport, it just reminds me of Brad Benson. Oh, one last thing, they underpaid the payoff of my trade in. DO NOT BUY FROM BRAD BENSON.

DCN Hyundai Company Information