DARCARS Toyota

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could put no stars I would! WORST SERVICE EVER. Had an appointment for my car today from there and they told me they couldn't take it, rescheduled on Friday! They didn't inform of this until I had already taken time out of my day to go to this appointment. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

The Service Staff refused to perform the interim repair per the safety recall notice 15V-577 from the NHTSA for my 2011 RAV4 that I had scheduled through DARCARS earlier in the week. Before I presented the document, the first staff member stated that DARCARS would do nothing because the safety recall notice was interim. Once I read the sentence as an interim repair, any authorized Toyota dealer will replace the wiper crank sub-assembly at NO CHARGE to you. From the recall notice, the staff member changed her statement to "DARCARS did not have the part in stock". Neither staff member offered to reschedule the appointment upon receipt of the part for Safety Recall Notice 15V-577 from the NHTSA. Both staff members made it quite clear that DARCARS would not perform the interim repair per the safety recall notice 15V-577 from the NHTSA for my 2011 RAV4.

Purchased a vehicle from them back in June 2015 and paid close to $26k. Vehicle had issues since day 1, that they refused to address. Just recently found out that vehicle has frame damage! I looked at the service records from the manufacturer and turns out that the repair work history was available to them, and yet they sold it to me with a clean CarFax, claiming they were unaware of any accidents. Their customer relations department is extremely hard to reach and offers no real resolution.

ConsumerAffairs should really consider a zero-star option. I've been fighting with Darcars for months over a car that I purchased this summer. The day after I purchased the vehicle (with $2K down), the car started leaking. I brought it back and they did absolutely nothing. The electrical system would malfunction because of the leak and a burnt smell would come from the driver's side (where the leak is). At any given moment, I'll be driving and all of a sudden a smoke/burnt smell starts coming from the driver's side dash, the doors lock up, the windows won't roll down and the emergency flashers start going off spontaneously. I've never been so terrified and embarrassed in my life.

I found a replacement vehicle for $15,900 at Darcars and when I go to finalize the paperwork, no one wants to tell me what happened to my original $2K down and why it won't be applied to this replacement purchase. In addition to this, the sticker price of the replacement magically changed from $15,900 to over $18K when I go to buy it AND I'm being asked to put another $1K down. That's not going to happen.

To make matters worse, my car has been sitting in the Darcars service lot since October 20th. I'm paying $260 per month to Capital One Auto Finance (for the car to sit in the Darcars lot), I'm paying another $180 per month in insurance (for the car to sit in the Darcars lot), not to mention $42.99 plus tax per day to Enterprise for a month's worth of rentals. I'm not made of money. The manager, John **, keeps dodging me. He doesn't answer my calls or return my voicemail messages, nor does he respond to my emails.

The service department at Darcars of Silver Spring sold me a vehicle with a defective engine. Defect was misdiagnosed on multiple occasions. Only after I received a letter from Toyota's corporate office did I learn that my vehicle's issues were due to a design flaw in the engine. Even after it was determined that my vehicle qualified for repairs covered under an extended warranty, the service department refused to provide the necessary fix. While many of the technicians in the service department were fair and courteous, the management team has been consistently rude, condescending and unhelpful.

A 1200-mile oil consumption test was ordered to determine whether or not my vehicle was eligible for service. This test began on January 22, 2015 and was completed on March 17, 2015. The results of the test verified that the engine was in fact defective and is eligible for warranty repairs. I was told in March that repairs would be underway in Spring 2015. Since that time, my attempts to have the defective engine repaired have been rebuffed.

After months of waiting, I finally received an appointment for service, which was set for July 7, 2015. On the day before my appointment, I received a phone call from Darcars service department informing me that tomorrow's appointment was cancelled and I was unwelcome to bring my vehicle there for any service whatsoever. I was not provided with any reasonable explanation for my appointment's cancellation. When I asked the Darcars service agent about the reasoning behind my cancelled appointment, I was told that Darcars has the right to refuse service to whomever they choose.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DARCARS Toyota?

DARCARS Toyota in Silver Spring, Maryland - I have spoken to the (head) mechanic, **, and many people in the service department many times explaining my bluetooth problem. In a nutshell, I can call out, but the person on the receiving end cannot hear me. Yet, I can hear them clearly. I have some medial issues and must have a working bluetooth. All the dealership has done is send me from one service person to another. I spoke with the general manager, Mr. ** and he has not done anything to help with the situation.

DARCARS has not brought in a technical specialist to look at the computer or software on the car. DARCARS has taken no initiative to find the answer to the problem. This has an ongoing situation for over a year. I feel their staff is incompetent and can't think outside of the box. Why hasn't DARCARS had me use my bluetooth in their presence and had a technician troubleshoot? Why, because they just want to do the simple adjustments and get rid of the customer without fixing the problem. For health reasons, I must have a working bluetooth. The person on the receiving end must be able to hear me.

It's a shame that such a fine company as Toyota is, they would have these kinds of problems in the dealerships in Montgomery and Frederick county. I have been to 355 toyota, Antwerpen toyota, Frederick toyota for vehicle service and got very poor results. I never even bothered with silver spring toyota when I learned they intended to charge me 300.00 for a thermostat for my 2007 tundra truck. I have been a loyal Toyota customer since 1996. My wife and I have purchased 3 avalons 2 T-100 pickups, three tundra pickups, a corolla and a FJ cruiser.

I think I will check out Honda or Hyundai for my next purchase. The repairs made to my truck and the suggested repairs (unneeded) every time I take my truck in for service they give me hell in the service department. They lie to me about needed repairs (radiator) $922.00. They don't do half the stuff they charge you for. They play games with my vehicle by fingering up the light bulbs so a week after I leave the repair shop the headlights burn out, they disconnected the seat belt chime. I have to mark my wheels to be sure they rotate the tires. And this just some of the things I have experienced with Darcar Toyota. Jamie Darvish is giving his business away.

I visited the used vehicle show room in 2012 and saw a Toyota Prius that needed body work but was listed at a decent price. Submitted paperwork for financing that day. Everything was approved. Promised car within a couple of days of bodywork repair. It took almost a week and a half. Angrily went to another dealership and explained my situation. They advised that they too had the same year vehicle and it was fully loaded for a lower price. They encouraged me that I could cancel my contract with the other dealership and finance what they had. I sent off an e-mail, certified letter and made a call to Darcars. No one acknowledged my request. A check for down payment had a stop payment notification and they called me for 3 weeks to advise that I had no choice but to pick up the vehicle. Over a period of almost a year I had 2 car notes. How could this have happened and what legal grounds do I have against Darcars?

I was quoted a price for a tire for a RAV4 vehicle and made an appointment to have the tire replaced. (I am driving on the spare donut tire.) After waiting over an hour I was told that they could not honor the price of the tire and it would be $100 more!! (Not $296.10 but $372!) Why? Because I did not get the name of the service man who quoted me that price on the phone the day before! The asst. service manager, Shawn **, was rude and the manager, Emir (sp?) was even ruder to me. Telling me not to yell. Really? I waited over an hour to be told that from now on in business "I should always get the name of the person I am talking to." I got my keys and left with no new tire.

I purchased a Rav4 from DARCARS Toyota of Rockville back in June 2014. Because it was an out of state purchase I was told that they would process my tags and registration which I would get in a few weeks. I was given temp tags that expired 2 months later - Aug 2014. The registration card I was given had the wrong model and color of the car I notified them and they said that it didn't matter. As Aug approached and I still had no tags, I called them repeatedly and had my sister who lives near the dealer go by multiple times to find out what the hold up was. Sometimes we were told it was in process, other times we were told more paperwork was needed. They eventually gave me another temp tag that expired Sept 2014.

We are now in Sept 2014 and I still don't have my tags or registration. My temp tag is now expired, I have filed a complaint. I have spoken to probably everyone at the dealer and the answers I keep getting are: That they called me to notify me of what was needed. This is not true, they called me one time while my sister was there to tell me they needed an original not the faxed copy of my vin verification; that they can't provide me with another extended tag; to just drive around with expired tags; that there was nothing they could do but wait for Connecticut; that they wouldn't provide me a rental during the time I had no tags.

I have called the Connecticut DMV only to find that they had none of the paperwork the dealer was talking about, in fact I provided the documents to the dmv myself. I finally got a call from someone on the day before my tags expired to tell me that they would pay up to $25 a day for a rental but not the taxes and fees. I have now been using the rental for 9 days, I still don't know where my tags or registration are. The rental bill is now at $425, however they are only paying $225. Not only have the employees lied and not been helpful at all at DARCARS but their own general mgr hasn't had the decency to provide a call to try to help resolve this situation.

Our appointment to purchase our leased car was at 3:00PM today and we did not get home until 8:00PM (dealership is about 35 minutes away from our home). That should say it all right there. We made an appointment and met a salesperson "assigned" to us at 3:00PM, chatted for about 10 minutes, and then took an hour for lunch to discuss our final decision. We then went back to the dealership to pay cash for our car (after already having called and made another appointment) and were made to wait for over two hours just to get someone to accept our money and buy our car at full asking price per the lease contract. Yes, you heard correctly--we were throwing money at the dealership and no one came to help us (for over two hours).

To add insult to injury, our "dedicated" salesperson conveniently failed to tell us that we could have just gone to our local Toyota dealership to do the lease buyout as we had spoken to him a couple times via phone prior to our first appointment (there is one down the street from where we live--we assumed we had to go to this one because we had originally leased the car from this location) probably because he was hoping that we would either buy or lease another car from him/this location (the original "salesperson" who helped us with the leased car was the general manager).

I have worked in commission-based sales my entire career and I "get" the whole sales angle. However, as a salesperson myself, I was appalled at the service I received from DARCARS. No apologies from the general manager, no concessions, no honoring of appointments, no discounts, very few experienced and professional sales and/or finance staff members, and a total disregard for the customer's time and money. The only excuse I heard was that it's a Saturday and it's busy. Well, this isn't the first Saturday they've been in business and a good manager knows to staff his sales floor adequately during busy days. Because of my experience today, I will not be back to purchase our second car and I will tell anyone and everyone who will listen about why they should not spend their money here.

Well, l bought a 2012 Toyota Corolla in end of October. The test drive was good but l realized a month after l took the car that there was a probably a little hole with the tire coz, lost all air after a month and when l took it back to dealer they said the weather is cold that why it happens and send me back. But after the same problem occurred again and again, l took it back to the DARCARS service to take a look the car and guess what? they tried to charge me to repair the tire coz they said l bought the car 6 months ago and they can't go that much back and the attitude from bottom to top to manager is disgusting, that there is no way to communicate with this people coz, there is only $ sign in their eyes. Prices are over than market and the price they display in internet is not matching when you get in the store. l did experience but l will not let my any friends make this mistake. DARCARS is awful.

On May 18, 2011 I bought a vehicle from Darcars Toyota. On May 20th, they called me back to tell me that they could not complete the deal with the bank they had done the contract with. They wanted me to go with a different car or get a co-signer. As I did not have a co-signer and did not want another vehicle, they said I would have to return the vehicle and the $500 down payment would be returned to me. I made them give me a copy of the contract, saying that it was now "null and void". When I call to speak to someone, they are never there and never return any of my emails as well. I need to know what happened to my down payment as the contract is now null and void. Thank you.

I bought new 2010 RAV4 on March 21st, during the two-year free maintenance service was offered by the Toyota. I asked the dealer about a week later, as it was informed me during I purchased the vehicle. The dealer sales manager, Mr. C, just refused and said that if I would have bought the vehicle one week later then I would have qualified for this free offer, which sucks. I talked to Toyota headquarters and they said the offer was on. But it's the dealer's choice. So I do not know how to approach this problem other than complaining so other people would not get scammed.

On 8/23/08 I was told my car had an oil leak and that they would need to remove the transmission to repair it and that it would be $1,300.00. I went to another auto repair shop and was told that I had no oil leak. Then on 10/14/08 I went back to Darcars because my check engine light was on. I was told that the charcoal canister needed to be replaced. I told them that they had already replaced the canister 7/17/06. The advisor told me he would recheck with the mechanic. When he did he told me that the check engine light came on because of the gas cap not being on correctly. The diagnostic code for the charcoal canister and the gas cap are two separate codes. I told them that after these two incidents I doubt all the work they said I needed on my car for the past nine years was necesary.

My daughter and i purchased a used scion on 5/10/08 we were given a 16% interest rate on a 15000 approx loan and put 1500 down for an approx monthly payment of 370.00 This was higher than origional monthly payment by 150.00 as my credit score was lower than what I origionally thought. We were OK with that and were shown the credit report and the issues that were on it. I was told this would help repair my credit and I could re-finance in 6 mos as long as all was paid on time. We than drove away pleased with the purchase and the car.

Last night almost a week later we got a call from the finance manager saying he needed the car back the loan was not approved!When I asked why he told me because I had a bad credit score! I then told him that this was known and he got the rate, payment etc off the computer so it must have met the guidelines....he quickly sent me to Ali the sales manager and seller of the car who then told me they tried to reach me all week which was not true and only one message was received on Monday 5/12 asking reminding my daughter to fax over 2 papers that were requested. He said that this happened because my credit score was lower than i origionally thought and would need to bring the car back! I told him I never heard of such a thing and that all the papers, computer contract high interest rate and higher payment were reviewed before i signed!He then told me that there were auto charge offs from 2002 which we already knew and was due to a 2002 bankruptcy which was discharged! All of this was known and they let me drive the car for a week and had all the bank (Toyota credit) stuff and i was told I was aprooved at a high rate and could re-finance. He said if I put down a bigger down payment and bring it up to 5,000.00 down it might go thru!

I purchased a Toyota 4 Runner in 2000, from Darcars, which was leased. Two yrs later, I went back to buy a new 2002 Toyota 4 Runner from Darcars Toyota. At the time, I was in a lease and knew that I was way over the mileage allowance. I figured it would be best to get out of the lease and buy the new. I sat down with Regina, the sales manager, and Tammy Darvich, and they informed me that my mileage was over by 30,000 miles and that there was a

$ 5000.00 penalty, which I would carry over onto my new car.

My husband and decided to buy the new 2002 4 Runner and take the $5000.00 and add inot our new one. Aftre all of the paperwork was signed and all was completed, they called me 2 days later and told me I needed Gap Insurance, whihc was an additional $1500.00. I was so upset, but agreed to the Gap insurance, and went on my way. A few years later, I ran a credit report and found that the total money that was owed towards my balance of the initial 4 Runner was not paid off and now there is a collection on my credit for the money that should have been paid off upon my buying the new car. It is 6 years later and it has been there for sometime.

I decided to write the owner of the dealership a letter and he never answered me back or corrected the outstanding balance that Toyota say's that I owe them. I am so angry and will never go to them again for a new car purchase. they are crooks!! I have heard from different folks that I am owed the money back for GAP Insurance, and that debt is illegal for them to report. I have since purchased another Tooyota from another dealer. Please help!

On October 9, 2004, I purchased a 2001 Toyota Avalon from the above-listed car dealership. I discussed with the salesperson, Dennis Anderson, the removal of the dents and scratches that I identified to him, as well as, the detailing of the vehicle. The vehicle had not been detailed and Dennis assured me that such detailing and dent/scratch removal would take place.

I applied for credit for the vehicle with the understanding that I could take possession of the vehicle and come back for the detailing/dent/scratch repairs which was to be taken care of by Darcars at no additional cost to me. Not only has Darcars not taken care of the body work, but they have reneged on their promise to get the bodywork done. I have made telephone calls to the management at Darcars and written letters to Darcars (11/11/04) describing my dissatisfaction with the unrepaired items. Further, Darcars advised me that they would have to increase the price of the vehicle by $880 because Darcars "put a lot of resources into getting me financing." It have since learned that it is illegal to increase the purchase price based on someone's credit.

For the reasons listed herein, I am filing a complaint against Darcars Toyota with respect to their inability to make the minor repairs and for the additional charge of $880 in order to finance me for the vehicle.

I bought a brand new Toyota Camry from this dealer. We walked in the parking lot and chose the one with the accesories we wanted. We took the car for a test drive and liked it. Then when we started negotiating, I wanted them to come down to Internet Special prices. The salesman said he wouldnot do it for that car but he would bring exactly the same car that was already on the Internet Specials list.

He brought same color, same accessory car and we closed the deal and it was already late in the day so we did not take this second car for a test drive. The second or third day I noticed a hole on the top headliner. I took it back to the dealer and the salesman said that they would fix it at no cost to me when I bring it back for service. When I dropped my car exclusively for this problem to be fixed, they said that it was not covered under warranty and they wouldnot fix it.

I talked to my sales guy and reminded him what he told me and he said that he couldnot do anything for me and he had hoped that it would be covered under warranty. He also told me in the past that he talked to his manager and he approved the fix. So I asked him to talk to his manager and to do something about it. He called later and said that it will be fixed. I called them to check the status and they said that it was ready and it was covered under the warranty. My wife picked the car and they didnot fix anything but just cleaned the hole a little bit.

Approximately 7:30p.m. on Sunday August 27, 2000, a friend and I drove into Darcars Toyota located on Cherry Hill Lane in Silver Spring, Maryland, to inquire about vehicle (specifically, Toyota Avalon). A woman (Louise Cummings- wearing a wig, ankle length skirt, blouse and brown Jelly-type mules (shoes) came outside to my friend and I , introduced herself and asked if we'd like to test drive the Avalon we were standing in front of. I told the woman that I wanted to test drive the top of the line model of the Avalon. She then replied "You are gonna have to fill out a customer card in order to test drive an Avalon". I replied, "That is not true because the last time I was here I wasn't told that".

I then told her "a valid driver's license was the only thing necessary in order to test drive a vehicle". She went inside of the dealership (supposedly) to get the key for the vehicle. She returned a little more than 5 minutes without the keys and asked if I'd like to come back the next day and I told her "No. I want to test the car today, that is why I came today".

Time lapsed and it is now about 7:42 p.m. Louise(Employee), then replies "we are about to close and people are getting tired and want to go home. The keys are locked up", she continued mentioning something about the rain (didn't make any sense).

I asked her "what does the rain (extremely light drizzling) have anything to do with me test driving a car." I then told her "Never mind- I'll get someone else to help me". I started to walk away when she hurriedly(?) walked towards the salesman I was moving towards (Jetty Viot) and began having a conversation with him (?).

As they both walked towards my friend and I, I asked him about the time Darcars was scheduled to close. He stated-" Darcars normally closes at 6:00 p.m. on Sundays". I then asked him "If your store closes at 6:00p.m., then why is she trying to solicit my business at 7:30p.m. (I'm going to condense the story to the point.) At this point, we began to leave the dealership when I looked into the showroom floor and there were other customers (more than five) on the floor doing business as usual.

All the showroom floor lights were on and other employees were conducting business as usual. I then asked the receptionist what time was Darcars expected to close. She replies "At 12:00 midnight or until the lasts customer leaves".

DARCARS Toyota Company Profile