Infiniti of Greenwich

Greenwich, CT

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Misleading and Deceptive Advertising by INFINITI of Greenwich with No Accountability

On June 24, 2009 I purchased a used LEXUS RX-330 from INFINITI of Greenwich. The vehicle was advertised as having "untainted chrome wheels." The definition of the word "untainted" includes: "free from blemishes," "free from physical spots or stains," "untarnished," "unmarred," etc. The ad read verbatim, "This beautiful '04 RX330 in the baby blue color with untainted chrome wheels is in great shape with fairly low mileage."

Before I took possession of my RX-330 it was detailed by INFINITI of Greenwich. On the day I picked it up there was evidence of chrome peeling from all four wheels and significant pitting. I can only assume that detailing brought about (revealed) this condition. I phoned my salesman, (Joe N), to bring the problem to his attention. I subsequently documented this in photos and sent an email Joe advising him of the problem and provided a link to the photos.

On July 2nd I spoke with my salesman Joe N in an effort to have the problem resolved; (I was at the dealership for service). I had Joe inspect the wheels and he returned surprised, stating that the wheels didn't appear to be in that condition when we first looked at the car. I told Joe that I wanted the wheels replaced. I also told him that I did not need chrome wheels, (nor new wheels), and that a used set of appropriate wheels for my vehicle would suffice. I followed with an email stating same. I provided a link to photos of the peeling, pitted rims. Joe did not respond to my email by return email or phone.
My wife and I went on vacation.

On 7-29-09 at 2:34pm (after returning from vacation) I called and made a firm statement to Joe. I reminded him the wheels were advertised as untainted and stated, "there's no way around it; they must be replaced." His response at 2:37pm verbatim, "I agree - we'll definitely take care of it."

On 8-4-09 Joe wrote, "The rims did not show any significant issues at the time of pick up by you or me and was not addressed until after the sale and your Blazer traded in." He followed with, "Please let me know your thoughts."

I responded with an email spelling out why his response was unacceptable.

Joe N never responded to said email.

I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau on August 12th. On September 10th the Better Business Bureau wrote, "BBB contacted the above referenced company on multiple occasions regarding your complaint. To date, we have not received a reply; therefore, BBB is obligated to close your complaint as a "no response," which will be reported to the public for the next three years."

I phoned a Melissa at Infiniti Consumer Affairs hoping "corporate" might contact the dealer in an effort to help. Melissa was very kind but explained that as each dealership is independently owned that they, (Infiniti Consumer Affairs) could not force the dealer to resolve my problem. She did look at my photos and stated (regarding the wheels), "They certainly look tainted." Melissa told me on September 4th that she'd contacted Infiniti of Greenwich on more than one occasion regarding my problem yet had never received a response.

My lawyer sent two demand letters. INFINITI of Greenwich never responded.

I'm far from "throwing in the towel." In fact, I'm just getting started with these creeps.

I purchased my certified used G35X Infiniti in November 2008. In July of 2009, I had a squealing noise from the front end while driving. I took the car in and was told I needed new rotors and brakes after almost 12,000 highway miles. I called the dealership I purchased the car at and was told to bring the car in and that they would stand by their car and I would, at most, pay for some parts. Upon bringing the car, they confirmed I needed new brakes and expected me to pay for replacement. The car should have had greater than 50% brake left prior to selling the car, but there is 10% left now. They stated this is appropriate. The brakes on this car and rotors are supposed to wear down at the same time, so I guess I can expect to shell out $600 a year regardless of driving conditions. Imagine driving on the roads! I would like to know if there has been a class-action lawsuit, recall, or anything on the 2005 G35x. I purchased this car expecting a high-performance vehicle. If this is due to AWD, are all AWD brakes this costly and frequently repaired?

Infiniti of Greenwich Company Profile