2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

CR England Trucking Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CR England Trucking Company?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CR England Trucking Company?

Original review: March 5, 2020

C.R. England is a predator! They do not care about safety although they say they do. They do not care about their students. For 2 days I stood out in winter weather for less than 30 minutes of actual instruction time behind the wheel. The instructors made it very clear that they did not care if a student passed the test or not. They mentioned on day 3 that they had 50 accidents within one month from new drivers. When the concern was raised that we were not getting any real training they said they are fast paced (60 students for 5-7 instructors) and you as a driver are responsible for everything including paying them close to 10k and then went through a long list of reasons why so many of their drivers get terminated in the early months. It was obvious to me that they are in the business of making money (20% APR) on students that get their CDL but never succeed as drivers. SCAM!!!

Their facilities are horrific, and their practice range is in poor condition. After completing a maneuver and asking for feedback I was told by my instructor that he had not paid attention (on the phone) and had no feedback. Another trainer left 2 days in a row making it impossible to get any time behind the wheel. Poor instructors, poor facilities and poor attitudes for 10k? The risk is way too high to get involved with a company that wants you to fail and collect for the cost of training that is not professionally provided. Steer Clear of C.R. England unless you really want to get scammed!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I signed up for the opportunity to get my CDL with CR England. I was sent a Greyhound bus ticket to the Indiana location. I was assigned a double occupancy room at the Travel Inn. I arrived on a Sunday night and checked in. By Wednesday I couldn't sleep for the bed bugs biting. Reported to hotel and they laughed in my face. Reported to CR England to Monica the driver liaison, who by the way if you choose to go to the Indiana facility will tell you on day one if you have any problems email her anytime and she will handle it. They tell you they want your stay to be problem free so you can focus on your school. Well Monica informed me that her hours were 7 to 4 Monday thru Thursday.

Well I finally got another room on Friday which didn't have a working shower. They took my clothes to wash when I moved and gave them back to me wet. I reported this and was told it would be checked into. I decided to cut my losses and leave. With all the stress and problems at Travel Inn, where they put you can't concentrate on school. You only have 2 weeks to learn how to inspect and drive the truck. You get an hour and a half tops driving time to prepare for when you go to take your preinspection test and driving test. Most are failing at which point you continue school till you pass and get your CDL. Then you might have to set at the bed bug infested hotel waiting on a truck.

I don't recommend this school unless you have hundreds of dollars to support yourself while you are in school and waiting on a truck. I don't recommend it because of the bed bug infested Travel Inn that are your living quarters during your stay there. CR England is aware of the situation and still are putting people in the Travel Inn. When I decided enough was enough the only thing they were concerned about was getting me out by 11. No one had explanations or resolutions to my problems. I hadn't been able to sleep for 3 nights no one cared. No one tried to do anything to help. Don't go to the Indiana facility. You will regret it.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

These company mostly tries to attract student drivers. The reality is that want student drivers because they don’t pay them well. They just use you to get the loads from their clients. Since you’re a new driver and you get into an accident they have insurance but you good luck getting a job. Anyone trying to get a CDL I advise you to get it on your own. It will cost a couple hundred not thousands like many of this companies will charge.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I signed up with them to get my CDL. I was sent to Burn Harbor, Indiana to go to their truck driving school. Yes, there are a lot of students, but one thing people fail to realize is that out of the 100 students there, perhaps maybe half will make it to the Phase One training. Remember, this is like a long interview process, once you pass your test and get your CDL, they promise to hire you! They are not just going to hand you your CDL without you working for it! All of these people that leave bad reviews clearly think they are suppose to hand everything to you.

We are all adults. This is not High School! If you come prepared and ready to learn they will teach you! It is up to you to study and up to you to get what YOU need out of it. Yes, you are under contract with them for a year. That is the only thing they ask from you since they are paying everything for you to get your CDL and you don't pay a penny for school. Be an adult and come to learn and in the end, you will have a great career!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Bed bugs, horrible hotel, terrible trainers, non-existent help for drivers, missed paychecks, and now I'm locked into a contract, can't work for anyone else for a year. Asked for a copy of my contract and no one would even talk to me. Had to go online to find answers. Terrible company. One problem after the next!!! DO NOT WORK OR SIGN ON WITH CR ENGLAND!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I thought going to get my CDL, would be an enjoyable experience... Boy was I wrong. The hotel in Burns Harbor, IN was hell on earth. The remote did not work, the refrigerator would not keep my food cold, there were no clean linen, bed bugs/broken beds, bugs everywhere and a lock on the door did not work. My roommate and I got along great but, we would have to put the chair in front of the door, for safety. There are a few instructors/trainers that want you to be successful.

I was assaulted at this company, by a fellow student. CR England did not secure my safety. I filed a complaint with HR in Salt Lake City. They did not anything about it. The management in Burns Harbor, assured me that they would have him locked up, loss of his CDL and would not be able to come back to the hotel or school. This was not true because the next day he was at the hotel with his buddies, joking about the matter. I have filed police report and filed a complaint against CR England, with the Better Business Bureau. Oh yes, the nearest shopping place is about 5 miles from you, they will take you only on Tuesdays to shop.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I'm writing this as I'm stranded in AZ and trying to get home to Cali. I just finished school and besides the horrible hotel they put us in, I thought the school was good until yesterday I got my trainer and went into the truck. I realized there was so much they didn't train me in and my trainer was not helping, only laughing at me as I drove for 2 hours petrified. Our load was so heavy that the sides were bulging on the trailer. I never been on a real freeway experience. I only had maybe an hour and a half behind the wheel in school out on the road and a half an hour of that was my testing. I had no clue what I was in for. I couldn't continue driving. It felt completely unsafe.

Well since I couldn't drive they kicked me off the truck at a truck stop with nothing around it and told me to find a way home. They put me in a dangerous situation. I had to hitchhike to get 15 miles away to a bus station and find someone to buy me a ticket home because they left me out there with $3 to my name. I've now been awake for 20 hours and bus comes in 4 more hours and then another 13 hours home. I owe all that money and all my dreams are flushed down the toilet and all they can do is pretty much say ** and leave me stranded. I have so much more negative I can say about them and that bedbug infested motel they put us in but I think that should make you think twice about attending that horrible school.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have read a lot of negative reviews of this company. I was skeptical up until this point. Now I know I've made the right decision and glad that I did not move forward with C.R. England. After reading negative after negative review I contacted the recruiter for CR England and cancelled my schooling with them. This was back in the middle of May. I also sent text messages to this person as well expressing my concerns and that I would not be moving forward with them.

I just got a phone call today from the school in Olympia Washington confirming my appointment on the 4th of June. Apparently the recruiter took it upon herself to push this through against my wishes and did not have my consent. To say the least I'm not a happy camper. Stay away from this company they're Bad News Bears at this point. I think Swift Trucking is a better company. Runaway. Don't join up with these people. If this is the way they treat their new recruits I can only imagine how bad it would have been working for them. Do your homework. Read all the reviews. I encourage you to make your own decisions. Just don't rely on what I'm saying but please take it to heart.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I got my CDL in January 2018 through C.R. England, and I was hired... The company promised to team me up with an experienced driver but all I got was a Driver with just 2 months experience. The driver later quit, left me and the truck at a Wal-Mart parking lot in San Antonio. I had to drive and deliver the load solo. I got another team driver and after just two weeks he was taken off the truck for texting while driving. I pretty much drove solo the rest of my phase 2 training. It was hell. My DM only cared about the loads.

My approved home time was never honored on two separate occasions. I got home 4 days after my actual home time. And it took the company close to two weeks to put me back on the road for my phase 2. I was completely stranded in Pine Bluff, Arkansas 'cause my truck was booked in for repairs. I had to use my debit card to book a hotel and C.R. England didn't reimburse me. The company will lie about the actual pay miles, I lost a lot as I couldn't pay my bills. I finally decided to quit 3 weeks ago.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My husband was very excited to go to CR England trucking school so that he could obtain his CDL. Not only was the school placed out in the boondocks of Waxahachie, TX but he was housed in some run down hotel that looked like a bomb threw up on it. Only days after being there, he and his roommate decided to walk down the hall to a little cookout/bbq that some of the other trucker students were holding when they were accosted by a ** male, a little of 50 years old. This "nice gentleman" started spewing racist and hateful remarks and calling them names such as "monkey" and **. This "nice gentlemen" went as far as to brandish a knife.

My husband was pretty upset about this inappropriate behavior as this was not what he went to this school for. The roommate called the director whom heard what this nice gentleman was saying and thus came to where everything was happening. However, he did not say one word. The police were called whom also did nothing. The nice gentleman told the police that my husband and his roommate were trying to jump him. They didn't even stop to think how asinine his story sounded even when confirmed by other students.

One student even made the remark of "if it were a ** man with a knife, he would of gotten arrested." The police officer stated that he took offense to the statement (are you serious. It's facts). How much sense does it make for someone to come to a trucking school and not know anyone and then try to jump a complete stranger? The "nice guy" presumably was asked about the knife but gave a different knife to the police (pocket knife).

The issue I have is that two weeks prior the "nice guy" displayed the same behavior to an ** instructor and nothing was done. Now presently, two days after the incident, the "nice guy" is still at the school. My husband, although no scary man feels uncomfortable about this whole situation for a couple of reasons. When the head guy came into the classroom to address the class about the situation on the following day, he suggested that if someone says something you don't like, just ignore it (are you kidding). He said there is no tolerance for certain behaviors at the school (I can't tell). My husband didn't say anything but felt that it was directed at him.

During the situation my husband told the "nice guy" to put the knife down and they could "throw hands." After all, ":nice guy" did approach him and the roommate. The whole situation was not handled appropriately. There is no room in this world and in any professional environment for racist people. The fact that this behavior was not addressed and dealt with in an appropriate manner is pretty disheartening.

You have a knife wielding ** man threatening the safety of ** men whom are at that school to obtain a CDL all because he clearly has mental issues but you allow him to stay. There appears to be a pattern as the instructor was ** as well. This is not a good look for the school at all. I repeat, There is no room in the world for racist! PERIOD!

In my opinion, if there is a situation that threatens the safety of students, the threat needs to be addressed and removed. You don't continue to allow its presence to corrupt the masses. The "nice guy" continues to stare at my husband every time he sees him now. My husband doesn't know if this man is going to try to attack him at this point. It makes not sense that he has to watch his back as if he was out in the street in a gang territory or something. If this is what CR England is about then this school needs to be shut down as they are letting anyone come in a tarnish their brand.

If the head people don't and won't do anything and the police won't do anything, what exactly is a person to do besides protect themselves? Someone needs to be held accountable for the lack of professionalism by the director, the police, the "nice man" and the school as a whole. With everything that is going on in the world and a lot of it being directed to **, this is not something to be taken lightly and not addressed. This is serious. Please do not allow anything to happen to my husband while he is at this school!

CR England Trucking Company Company Information