CR England Trucking Company

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Whatever you do do not waste your time coming to this school. Yes it is fast paced. I have been here 16 days and they worry more about the pretrip than actually teaching you how to shift a truck. For this 16 day if I drove 4 times 20 minutes it was a lot. Then they waste your time sending you to test when you are not ready and when you ask for help with shifting they deny it. You tell them you are not ready to test they still send you for whet to fail. Total waste of time and money. Never again.

My husband is in this school for trucking right now. He has enjoyed the time he has spent there so far and learned much while there. Yes, the school is expensive and the pay isn't that great. What people don't understand is you are applying for a loan to go to the school and learn. You are responsible to ensure you get the best education in the process. You have to study for the tests. You are to ensure you listen during training. During the time you drive on the road with a trainer, yes the pay is not that great, this is to pay back the loan you took out to go to the school with no upfront money besides food and deposits for hotels.

If you are wanting to learn how to drive a truck, this school has the least amount of time to be under contract. That might be the reason for the extra costs I don't know but remember, someone is training you in the process which takes away from what they earn. So before you start whining about how horrible it was and how much you hate the school, the pay sucks and so forth, the school is offering a service. What is done with that service during your schooling is up to you.

CR England will send you to 160 Driving Academy if you close to Illinois or Wisconsin without pay, they did get you hotel (sharing with someone) and give you a bus ticket to get their. For the academy, the tuition is actually close to $4000, that is if you pay out of your pocket. If you were sent by a truck company (like CR England) they make you sign a contract to apply for a loan that direct to them for $7500, plus at least 19% finance interest for total of $11,673.25, saying that once you go with the company your contract is discharge with the school and your true contract is with CR England. I was very regret for signing that and looking for way out; you shouldn't sign contract with them or if you sign their contract, it should not be more than the actual cost (under $4000).

The school is very stingy. If you are ready to take the road exam but you have no one taking the road exam with you then you have to wait for another week until you have other students taking the road exam with you. CR England would not pay you salary at this point so it would hurt you financially and cost you times; keep in mind that CR England claim no responsibility with you at this point although they pay for your hotel (room is sharing), and give you bus ticket to the school. You barely see CR England on the contract, mostly just 160 Driving Academy. Just thinking, if CR England take no responsibility with you then you are in debt with the school for close to $12,000; the Paramount Capital Group Inc. in PA to apply for your loan with your SSN and you do not get even a penny from it. My suggestion; go with Roehl, they claim to pay you salary from the first day that you are with them while you get your CDL.

My husband went to the CR England school in Waukegan, IL. He went to the office to ask for more drive time. He was accused of being confrontational and aggressive. He was summarily dismissed. He was unjustly accused. CR England staff refused to answer questions and were extremely rude. I have since investigated this company and many people had the same experience or similar experiences. For a company that calls itself a family company, our experience was disappointing and surprising.

No agreement, or Contract was signed by me to go to a so-called trucking school in another state. Through CR England I had an employment opportunity for Hire upon obtaining a Commercial Driver's License. I was told by the recruiter Danny that the company will Cover all cost for Training. I advised him that I've already obtained my commercial driving permit and I need to learn about the Tractor Trailers.

The company then sent me to Opelika Alabama on Greyhound bus for Training. June 28th 2015 I was taken to Magnuson Hotel. (Opelika Travelodge) 1002 Columbus Parkway Opelika AL 36801. On June/29th 2015 the next morning An old shuttle bus came to pick-up CR England employment recruits. When arriving to the Yard we were hustled into a trailer and given a lot of paperwork to sign with the company. In a small trailer packed with employment hopefuls. The profuse smell of urine and wet carpet from the co-ed restroom dominated the stifled air. Many students sitting and standing were told that we need to look over and sign by one of the employees of American Truck Driving Academy. A secretary came in with a cart full of manila folders and CR England trucking company paperwork. Another lady walked around to collect Driver's License, Social Security Cards and Birth Certificates.

Then the Classroom instructor Says "OK Guys and Gals, we have limited time. Who needs a pen. All of you need to look over and sign right after. This shouldn't take any more than ten minutes!" He explained that this is company policy for all Trainees to sign and date. There were about 6-8 papers handed out and we were to look over them and sign within ten Minutes. Those that were reading what they were signing and taking a little longer were stood in front of and hurried along like myself, from James and the two secretaries. I asked him if we'll receive copies and was given a Nod indicating yes.

As his eyes scanned the room, and everyone's personal Identification was being returned by the secretaries. He gave everyone a no cell phones on the Premises Speech. Only during your own time were we allowed to use our phones on the bus or hotel. I didn't sign any contractual agreement with American Truck Driving Academy. Only CR England for employment after training. The whole process was hurried and rushed out of the 36 people in the room no one got copies of anything.

We were told that we all have to hurry back onto the shuttle bus for drug testing and physicals. I was at this school for A total of 9 days and was taught nothing by example. Everything I learned was based On my own merit. I observed and attempted to imitate other students who understood somewhat. The second day was drug testing and physicals as well on June 30th 2015 with an hour to get there and 1 hour getting back. Nothing was in close proximity.

On the first of July 2015 was when the expected learning and training was supposed to start. After a 45 min rattled shuttle bus commute, the students were hurried into the narrow trailer for checkmark attendance. The secretary would say your name and students would say "Here". And already some students weren't. After attendance checks on July the 2nd 2015 I asked her if I could get copies of my (CR England Employment Agreement) And was told before Friday.

I was then confused as to what I was to do on a daily basis because of the lack of organization and structure. There were five rigs - two were 13 years old and the 3 tractor trailers on the yard were old and unsafe. 1992-1995 or older. There were no grips on the steering wheel of the rig used to alley dock. Peeling trailer tires. That week we were almost riding in rims. Most of the day consist of waiting to self-teach a maneuver after waiting to get a turn for 2 hours due to the high trainer/student ratio - 16-20 students to one instructor - because many students had been there for months.

No school on July 3rd 4th and 5th. We were brought back in on the July 6th 2015 and for more failed attempts to parallel park because the dirt and gravel gave no point of reference and neither did the instructors. Not only was the equipment poor and barely functional at American Truck Driving Academy 5018 US Highway 80 W Opelika, AL 36804 so were the instructors here's ** sleep. During road training, And the student driving almost had the trailer in a ditch. Other students had to correct him because our instructor was asleep. I thought we'd have an accident.

On Tuesday the 7th of July I was told that Friday the 10 would be my testing out day. I was a little skeptical because I never was taught a pre-trip. But I display competence on the road so at the time I figured maybe Alabaman's test is different. That same day as I was leaving the office I saw the owner on the yard and asked him if I could get taught a pre-trip. And he told ** to give me one and he literally had me do a pre-trip without example or explanation on how to do one. All ** did was mark a sheet and give me a false scene of confidence. The Air brake test and in cab inspection was my weakness but he gave me a false science of direction and the concept was never explained. Although I tried to get an understanding through questions. He cut me off mid-sentence and said "I got to go. You'll do fine." So I figured I would learn it online.

On July 10th was Testing day for Four of us. We tested and only one person passed. I failed the air brake test. Didn't understand the logistics of air brakes or why they needed to be tested to begin with. So I failed and we were brought back to the school. The one person that passed had been there for 3 months. Since day one I asked for copies of my employment agreement every other day and got put off each time. Before leaving I asked for my Copies of the CR England papers that I signed. The Office personnel said that I need to contact CR England for them. I was forced to sign papers under duress then. Not taught logistics of trucking, tested blindly, then failed and still can't have copies of what I signed the first day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CR England Trucking Company?

I called to finish my application and ask a few questions. I have a clean driving history and was shocked when they told me I had a court date. I had no such knowledge of me doing anything that would warrant one. Miguel, the recruitment representative then told me I must be lying to him when I told him I had no such thing on my record. Forget this. I have no reason to drive with a company who has this as a representative.

I'm a company driver. I was schedule for my home time requested one month ahead and reminding every week to renew my CDL in Dec. 26th, 2015. My DM told me drop this load to a CR England Yard and told me wait at the truck stop for my relief driver. But I was waiting there in the Christmas Day, no one told me what to do. So I call in for after hour. The after hour told me my DM write a note said I have ask my family member to mailed my new CDL to the truck stop for me to pick it up. My family don't speak of word of English and my wife was not in the United State. I never late for my load and I'm team drive making 5500-7400 mile weekly. I have got home for two month.

My company hired a driver who was supposedly waiting for CR England to put him in a truck for way too long and couldn't stay without a job for much longer. Driver lives in Arizona. We flew him out to Chicago. He went thru the whole orientation and everything. We put him in a truck, got him a load going to Oregon and in SLC he abandoned the truck along with the refrigerated loaded trailer. His wife kept texting that he is in the hospital. We called all hospitals around and no one under that name was ever admitted.

I called CR England asking them for help to let me know if this guy was put in a truck and used my equipment just to get to there or at least give them a heads up of what is going on and to watch out since the police is also involved and no one in their office seemed to care. All I was told is put it on his DAC report which if he all ready is hired by them doesn't do them any good. They just hire drivers so their trucks aren't empty. They don't care about anything else. How could they be so cruel to someone that is trying to help them. Avoid a problem like this in the feature. Big company don't care about anything.

After reading some of the reviews on England; for whom my brother-in-law worked, I get a window into why the precious soul committed suicide in the truck. Our hearts have been broken as he was attempting to provide for his family of 5 and be a loving husband. The hours required and runs are incredibly taxing and not conducive to practical family relationships. He really tried, yet the odds were stacked against him and in the many solitary hours his mind became ill. Please consider carefully. Our fam will never be the same, and it's been 2 years.

I called CR England about 2 weeks ago when one of their drivers made me swerve away from my ending lane and hit construction barrels, and badly scuffing my white car. I immediately called and was told I would speak to someone the next day regarding a claim. Keep in mind I was asked to never make a police report. I spoke to a Kelly **, who without a doubt I can say is the rudest individual to speak with. I was scolded multiple times for taking a photo of the truck number and license plate number while driving. (As I told you obviously that's needed to make a claim.)

I was told I would get a call back within a few days when she spoke to the driver. A week later and after me calling her, I find out she spoke to the driver days ago, they denied my claim, but she couldn't even call me to tell me that. Extremely infuriated, I continued to ask why am $80 mirror claim was being denied. Once again, a very rude Kelly **, kept saying stupid excuses why I should have STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOUR-LANE CHICAGO LAND EXPRESSWAY, IN MY ENDING LANE WITH MULTIPLES CARS BEHIND ME, TO LET THIS ** TRUCKER CUT ME OFF AND COMPLETELY HIT MY CAR.

Upon me bringing that up to her and how stupid she sounded, she wouldn't answer any more of my questions, mocked me when I said I'm just going to make a police report. Saying, ha, they can't do anything. They weren't there after, to which I said, "I was told by your company not to make a report." I spoke to a very nice manager who said he would call me back right away after he spoke to a higher manager. 5 days later, not a call. Completely awful, rude, unprofessional people that will now be taken to court over an $80 mirror. Awful experience.

I was twice called by their HR offices for telephone interview. Then I went for personal interview at Colton, CA. Had a very good interview with Mr. **. Seemed great, had call later from the HR manager that my interview went well and I had to have a telephone interview with two of the main departmental managers but that never materialized and was left in limbo as to what was going on, tried to call HR manager several times Mr. ** at head office in Salt Lake City no response only voicemail. The least they should have done is be honorable and inform what was going on... It's shame that big company has very bad recruitment policy. I think most of all it may be the two departmental managers may have been prejudiced after they read my resume.

Started off driving nationwide. Pay is 12c per mile. What they don't tell you is that if your driver manager is a complete moron you will get a 1200 to 2000 mile run which is fine but there will be a 16-hour layover on the front end and a 20-hour layover on the back end, both of which you don't get paid for. So if you can make it with 200-300 dollar paychecks then maybe this is for you.

The company offers zero hometime. I will have been home 2 times in 6 months and one of those was a funeral that they gave me 48 hours on. So in short I have a wife and 2 kids that they won't let me see, the pay is well below minimum wage for ANY state because you WILL work 70 hour weeks week in and week out. All I can say is run this company is so beyond corrupt my blood boils at the sound of their name. They have a horrible reputation on the road. They attached me to a surge fleet in Illinois where the mileage is terrible. 150-200 per day average and therefore the pay is just as bad and they keep your 70-hour clock so you constantly run on re-cap hours meaning zero days off driving in city traffic directing your truck where commercial trucks shouldn't be. You're stuck in a rolling prison counting down the days of your contract in a 6x8 box. No joke. Anyone tells you anything different is a parasite trainer. Some other form of human scum.

I got a call from one of their CR England recruiters, who sounded very enthusiastic about getting me on board to joining their fleet. She explained how there would be training for 17 days in Dallas TX. I asked her various times about being able to pick up work from home after the training in which she insisted that I would definitely be able to begin working from home. Mind you I live in Lubbock TX so she also offered me a bus ticket through greyhound, and had to share a room with 2 other guys during my training. I passed my test written/driving. They had everyone in the class sign some bogus contract in which they don't really give you any time to think about what you're signing. They pretty much force you to sign their 9-month contract, close to finishing my required my 180 hours.

I have a talk with both my driver manager and driver coordinator who both end up telling me that I would not be able to start with a local route because "they have a special relationship with their dedicated customers," that I have to be driving over the road for at least 6 months. I don't understand why they wouldn't just put me to train on a dedicated route near where I live instead of having me drive all over the U.S. Later I find out that they don't have a yard in Lubbock TX, therefore I would definitely not be able to be placed on a dedicated route in Lubbock TX because what?! There is no yard in Lubbock.

I ended up leaving CR England because they (management) don't care about any of their employees home time, the entire time I was completing my 180 hours with my trainer all he did was complain about how ** his experience was working for them, told about how he lost his wife because he was never home, was home maybe once or twice in a 2 month time span. I have someone I need to take care of daily and was the sole reason I accepted their offer for employment because I would be able to work from home on a dedicated route to be able to be home daily, which they were not able to comply with.

Not only that but the pay OMG really sucks, state minimum wage. And then after your evaluation, driving is paid out at 12 cents a mile??? What in gay hell??? Their motto of Drive Safe Home Safe is not carried out by their instructors or driving trainers. They can care less as long as they get their money for our driving time. I have never seen such a deceptive company... well, other than Convergys LOL. All in all my experience with CR England was awful, all they do is bully you into doing whatever they want. Your time doesn't mean anything to them.

CR England made me miss my mother's memorial service. They failed to pay for down times/layovers. Would not reimburse me for monies spent on tractor safety equipment. God saves a place for these kinds of folks, it's called hell!

My class set up a Facebook page and out of approximately 48 drivers only 4 completed the program and 2 still drive after two years. This company needs to set up a better monitoring system and a training program that doesn't allow the trainers to burn the drivers on backing. They need to run their own shift so they can get used to driving. Other problems I had was even when I did my paperwork perfect sometimes the accountants would still charge my account for washouts. They blow the QUALCOMM up with so many stupid messages. I wouldn't know where to begin to clear up this laughing stock of the trucking industry and keep the shareholders happy at the same time but I guarantee it would be better than now. Englands are ill equipped and ding up everybody's trailers.

Horrible pay!!! Welfare check would be way better. If you enjoy being held prisoner at their facilities for days and weeks on end with no pay, this is not for you. Days off after being over-the-road for 2 months not being honored. Run and don't look back.

CR England's Employment Policy states that they DO NOT enter into Employment Contracts yet they make you sign one. So wouldn't their employment policy void the contract they force you to sign before being able to even get your cdl. That's right you are bullied into signing a contract that's against their own policies. Also they threaten to illegally sue any employer you try to go to.

1st and 2nd week was class week. Didn't get my permit. 3rd week got mine. Then got out on the yard learn about pre trip And learn how to straight line off set and alley dock. Alley was the hardest. 4th week learn how to double clutch on highway and city. 5th week took my pre trip test pass and pass straight and offset fail alley. 6th week got my alley down. Now waiting to be tested again. Overall some instructor was doing favoritism so I didn't learn much until few people graduated. Hopefully I get the heck out of this school to earn my money. People that start don't give up. Instructor will try to tell you to quit. I came in with no experience. Now I kinda know how to drive a 10 speed and double clutch and in cab.

CR ENGLAND called me this morning asking was I ready to get on a truck. I told the lady, Karen, "No, my contact has been bought out by Swift." So in return she tells me that, "No company can buy us out. I'm going to have to put notes in the computer." Then replies again saying, “How long along did this happen.” I told her, "last week." She says, “I guess I have some investigation I need to do.” So in response I say, “I guess you do because I'm not coming back. For one, the pay sucks really bad. For two, the first time I got a trainer, me and him got into it over the phone about showering every day. Something I love to do."

Then he tells me, “You going to keep my truck clean.” I'm like, “that’s a no no, that’s your truck." So I called back to the school for another trainer and told them what happen. They told me “out of SALT LAKE CITY” that “our guys are well mannered” and they didn't believe it. So the same day all this occurred I called SWIFT TRANSPORTATION and asked them about tuition reimbursement.

They said, “We do that.” And how much they pay, they said, “Starting 36 cent a mile and after going out for 200 hours you get your own truck.” They sold me really quick. I was with that because CR ENGLAND starts off at 12 cent a mile. So what I'm telling you future truck drivers, never go to CR ENGLAND, PERIOD. I came from BURNS HARBOR, just like the other people on here. They are horrible. I hope my words of encouragement help the next person not call this company.

I got my CDL 05/2015 in Burns Harbor, IN and went to orientation, and was hired that day. I stayed in very deplorable conditions, especially the New Budget Inn, outside of Richmond, IN. Hands down worse conditions than prison. I was picked up by a trainer who spent hours trying to convince me to quit while I was on my way to my home state. He told me of others who quit and were better off, he said the Company didn't care, told me I wouldn't get paid right. All that was the truth. Then he, after saying he wasn't a racist, told me he believes America will have a Civil War (race war) before he dies and it's because of Barack Obama, that ** Michelle Obama, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. After that he implied crack cocaine was a black thing and defended every controversial police-involved shooting.

He only let me take one shower in 5 days, and only let me drive 5 hours on 5/24. This was supposed to be my 180 hour training! A "family emergency" came up for him, so he dropped me off in California. By the way, I got into no accidents, and got no tickets. I asked my DM to give me a trainer that allowed me to drive and take showers. I did not tell him of racist comments until the morning of 5/29, and that was because my father told me to, and to also document it. I'm so happy I did. I was dropped off on 5/27, my TC called me and told me to take a road evaluation 5/28. I did, and assumed I passed. The evaluator never told me I passed or failed, and never had me sign my evaluation, which was different.

I called my DM and told him about the racist comments, on top of everything else early 5/28 and told him I hoped our conversation was recorded and I would take a polygraph if they wanted me to. My other line buzzed, it was my TC calling me coincidentally as I was speaking to my DM. Guess what? I failed my road test that I thought I passed with a score I still don't think exist! Lower score than when I didn't know how to drive a truck period. My contract was terminated. To make a long story short, they're telling companies that want to hire me that I'm under contract! They terminated my contract without me wrecking anything and I protested, and I'm still under contract? I don't know what to do but my advice to the reader of this is: I don't care what your race, politics, or religion is, stay away from CR England!

My brother went to them in July 2010 and was only there for 2 months. When he arrived there at their hotel there was a dead body in the stairwell from heart failure. When he was put in his room he shared it with 5 other people. After two months working there he only grossed 78 dollars and was not getting any loads mainly sitting. I was in the Air Force in Minot, ND when my brother was leaving the company in September - they left him stranded with no room or bus ticket back home.

I was ending my career and decided not to reenlist. Because he was stranded I had to pack up my apartment, load my car and drive all the way to Indiana. I drove over 17 hours and got as far as I could before I had to stop and get some sleep. I slept for 3 hours and got back on the road getting there in two days. He was on the curb outside the hotel with his belonging in the office, for 2 days with no food or shelter. I then had to drive from Indiana back to Virginia. I left a week early and could have gotten in some trouble. I am pissed off because driving cost me over 400 dollars to make the trip out of my pocket to pick him up so he wouldn't be on the streets. Family will always come first and after reading so many complaints about this company I hope a nuke falls on their ass.

My husband and I had been having marital problems due to his drinking and inability to maintain a job. Despite the fact that I called both the SCHOOL and the COMPANY, CR England hired my husband who had been out of rehab for less than 10 months. Not only did I call and speak to Human Resources, but I emailed them a copy of his discharge papers from rehab indicating that he had not completed the required treatment. CR said there was nothing they could do because there are "federal guidelines" and HIPPA regulations that prevent them from even looking at his papers.

So now, my alcoholic husband is sitting behind the wheel of a half-million dollar rig barreling down the roads like a missile ready to explode. It's hard to believe that any company would hired an alcoholic as a driver, but after reading the other reviews about this "family-friendly, 5-generation" business and their hotels (especially the one in Burns Harbor, IN) where there are strip clubs and prostitutes are abundant, I'm not surprised!

I started CR England March 30th, 2015, me and my friend, and from the beginning they lied to us about everything. We both are from Chicago and a week of being in Burns Harbor, Indiana, we were told that when we received our license that we had to take everything over again to switch them over to Illinois. The school knew that. Another thing is the pay -- It's just crazy. Stay away from CR England.

I took a bus to Cr England (SLC UT) from Oklahoma. The bus drive was only 18 hours. I left Saturday at 10 am. Had a 12 hour layover in Kansas City MO and then did not arrive until 4:30 AM on the following Monday. Class started at 6 AM. And I was only allowed to take one carry on, and one 50lbs bag to put in the storage of the bus. I was not able to bring sheets. And the shuttle would not take me to Walmart to get some. It is literally impossible to get any sleep on a Greyhound bus. I was so sleep deprived, along with everyone else who rode that bus ride, that we had to stay an extra WEEK of class. So instead of it being a two week program, it was a three week program.

My recruiter also told me that at most I would need 250$ for the two weeks and that there would be a shuttle available to take me anywhere I needed. I had to sleep in a room with 7 other women, who absolutely had to sleep with the room temperature at 98 degrees. I had a top bunk. I was miserable. I hardly got any sleep BC of this, and the people at the front desk told me there was nothing they could do. Also, I spent about 200$ a WEEK here because there was so much theft (Even with a lock on my locker), and it doesn't help that a package of ramen in UT costs 1.15$. as to where I am from it is 65 cents. My last day of classes was Jan. 15. I did not get hired on until the 20th. I got on a truck with a trainer in two days. Training was not that bad, except he did not let me back up ONCE, or show me any of the macros because he was an owner opp. then when I got my own truck, with a team mate, we got paid .15 a mile each.

They ran us ragged. It was getting to the point to where I was falling asleep at the wheel and they would get angry with me when I had to pull over for a nap. Out of the span of four months I only got to go home once. Then when I WAS home it took them 3 weeks to get me back on a truck. I almost lost my car because I had not received a paycheck for almost 5 weeks. Then whenever we would get held up at shipper or receiver they would not pay us the detention pay they were supposed to. They paid us 5.67 an hour, split between the both of us. I eventually just quit.

I was about to lose my house, and my cell phone (which is a must have on the road) because I would have to skip so many bills because their pay is so low. When I got hired on I was told that I would get paid .47/mile as solo or .50/mile as team. I literally almost lost everything because of them. I will take the 5,000$ hit if they ever come after me. DON'T WORK FOR THEM.

I went to the Richmond, Indiana school from Tennessee thinking I had all my ducks in a row. After getting the run around for a week about my proof of residence paperwork I spent three days on a Greyhound getting the issue resolved. I got back to the school Monday morning just in time for class. Then I was kicked out of the school Tuesday morning because I over slept and they told my recruiter (who did not work for C.R. England) that I had poor classroom performance and was sleeping in class. Please people don't be stupid enough to go with them, it's not worth the wasted time. Now I can't get a job driving a truck if I paid the company to hire me, but I'm still trying.

Very horrible company. They will lie to you all the way through school until you sign contracts and then will shove you in truck with stranger and slave you across America. Very low pay. You will drive yourself into poverty for first year. They don't care about employees AT ALL. They are heartless. You won't get home for emergencies unless they have a load going there. DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL HERE. IT'S A TRAP.

This is a scam. I completed Truck Driving Institute in Gulfport. I graduated and have my CDL. I called and spoke with a recruiter. He arranged a bus ticket to Richmond, Indiana. A straight shot trip of 800 miles from New Orleans to Richmond. I should have arrived in 1 day. Instead, CR England gave me a free tour of Birmingham, Montgomery, Nashville, and the east coast.

Finally, I arrived 2 days later to CR England's school in Richmond. I already went to TDI 2 months before. When we all showed our presence, I showed the lady my diploma, CDL and medical card, she asked me what am I doing at their school. I looked at her asked her the same. My recruiter was well aware I had already received my CDL. She told me I was at the wrong place and should be in their training center in Northern Indiana. Richmond is where my recruiter had me dropped off. She told me they would get it straightened out. I didn't have to take the physical or any requirements of new students.

I played their game and took all the test as others. The instructor would throw my answer sheets in the garbage. I had to share a room with someone that keeps the heater on 95. This was unbearable. I paid my own room instead. After a week of being ignored, the instructor ignored me and my pleas to send me to the right place. I grabbed my belongings and called a taxi cab and went back to my room. I sent my recruiter an email telling him of his blunder and after 2 days the lady at CR England school called me apologizing and trying to paint a good picture of a ruined from day 1 experience. I told her I wanted her to arrange bus ticket back home and forget about this whole experience. She started yelling through the phone threatening me out of my room and they will never get me bus tickets.

At this point the only good experience of the whole nightmare was I told her to kiss my rear and I paid my own room. I paid a taxi $120 to take me to Cincinnati where I hopped an Amtrak back home. I would NEVER advise ANYONE to go with CR ENGLAND. The truth is, these schools are all scams for $$$$. They will hook you up with a job but after all the BS you deal with, you are better off working at your corner McDonalds. You sign on with the right company you will do good. Only good thing about this whole experience is the State in which I live, paid for my schooling. When you leave, tell your wife or girlfriend you will see them in 6 months, for 2 days. While you're gone she will find someone to that will fill your place in bed. Good luck.

I went through school in Fontana ca. It was definitely not easy but I had done much research prior to going. One day after getting CDL, I was in phase I training. It was very hard but my trainer was fair. I made mistakes and that what training is for. Half a day wait for phase II trainer. On the rd solo same day as upgrade. My research proved waiting at least one year before a lease. I am a company driver. I have not had any problem getting loads and CRE does take care of their equipment. The pay is poor but this is a training company. CRE got my foot in the door with no money out of my pocket.

My husband went to CR's training facility in Burns Harbor, IN. This was our family's first time to make a change and also the first time being introduced into the life of truck drivers. I would not ever recommend this company to anyone. My husband's first trainer done illegal drugs and called prostitutes at almost every stop they made. The first trainer also tried to destroy my family with "he said, she said" crap. After training, my husband leased his own truck and started his own trucking company through CR's main headquarters in Salt Lake City.

This was the worst in the month of my husband doing this. He never got paid and in the end, my husband called and called and waited for a load that never came. He ended up returning his truck as instructed to do and applied with another trucking company. This company was willing to pay off my husband's contract with CR and CR refused to allow the company to pay off his contract. CR also refused to let my husband in a truck for them therefore keeping my husband from being able to make an income with CR or any other trucking company.

Absolutely the worst company ever. Work for 87 days before I got home. Now they want pay me 25 cents a mile and I was getting paid at in 1988 and 1990. Such low wages are going to cause me to lose my house and my family and then they say they have a contract that keeps me from getting employed from other companies.

CR England Trucking Company Company Profile