Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown

Downingtown, PA

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In Feb 2015, I bought a 2015 Tuscon, with a GPS. I asked the salesman several times, when is the GPS updated and he kept saying he didn't know but would find out. Finally he told me it was updated every 2 years, but never said anything about a charge for it. I asked him what the 2 year went by, day of being built or sold, he didn't know. I asked if he could find out and he never did. I took my car in for service and I mentioned it to the service rep. He told me it cost $219 to upgrade. I was never told that when I bought the car and I asked many questions about the GPS. My salesman was not very knowledgeable. After I bought the car, the salesman and sales manager told me I would be receiving a poll from Hyundai and they would appreciate very much if I gave them all 10's. They deserve 1's not tens.

BUYER BEWARE!!! Their lifetime engine warranty is only valid if you have all routine service done at their dealership. I purchased a certified car from them on December 28, 2015 and was told I could take my car to any Hyundai dealership for service, since I live over an hour away. This is true for the Hyundai warranty, but not for the lifetime engine warranty they gave me. They did not tell me when I purchased the car that I had to bring it back to their dealership in order to be valid. I found that out later when I read the warranty. This lifetime warranty was a deciding factor in purchasing the car. I feel as though I was deceived in the sales process! Also, I tried calling the sales manager for two days to express my concerns. They would not return my calls. Finally, he called me back. Long story short, he said, "You signed the warranty!" They are using unethical sales practices, this is why I'm writing this review.

Sold a car that had a lien. I ended up buying it's way out of a lien. They sell through mis-presentation and prey on folks with avg., or not so good credit. Cost me more money after running credit check three times would have had better apr first time. They will tell you, you have bad or no credit and run it through other banks and all will profit from you. Stay away!

In the Sunday paper, there was a used car advertised for $12,000. I double checked the ad for asterisks or any sign of deception and saw none. I called to confirm but received no certain answer. When I arrived after 2 hours of dealing with them, they told me the price did not include a $6000 dealership. This was deceptive advertising at best and illegal at worst. Don't waste your time. I wasted four hours of my time and a bad taste for all Colonial dealerships. Plus, I will never buy any car from them.

I bought a 2010 Hyundai Sonota from this dealership! They charged me $5,000 over MSRP and never showed me what my trade-in was worth! All they showed me was a payment of $850 per month, for 72 months on a $22,000 car with a trade-in that I owed nothing on! I had no other choice and needed a car at that time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

The wiper arm quits working even in the slightest snow every since I purchased the car (with 176 miles on it) I have gone to Service begging for a new wiper assembly and they refuse. Last night I was almost in an accident as my wiper guit working on the PA TP when I had to drive in snow storm. They continually tell me my windshield must be cleared first like I am some idiot! If that was the case wouldn't BOTH wipers be having this issue?

Was told a 2002 vehicle was a leftover driven by those at the dealer. Did a carfax search and found that the vehicle was a rental car from NY, bought a week before it was sold to me. They say that I am under contract. I say they misrepresented the car and that makes the contract voidable.

Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown Company Profile