Cobb County Kia

Kennesaw, GA

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have tried to handle this at the dealership level but no one will talk to us. We picked up the car yesterday. They never checked their work and had to take the car back in and replace the blown fuse for the component. The tech said it was all working and checked fine but caused my wife to spend longer at the dealership than necessary. So in total we made 8 trips back and forth to this dealership. At almost a hour each way in traffic and spending from 45 min to a hour there each time after the loaner car fiasco.

And no one ever did anything so my wife and my 19 month granddaughter had to wait. I had to come get them. The service writer Aaron was great and I am not blaming him at all. But the service manager over the department was very non caring. I even asked to talk to the general manager at the dealership and I was told I could not? Is this the customer service that this dealership provides? And the condition of the car when we picked it up was horrible - grease all over the outside and everything tossed around inside and not put back nice. I will take my car to another dealership from now on.

So all in all I have made 8 trips at about 2.5 hours round trip and so has my wife that works out to a conservative 40 hours combined we have spent on getting our new car fixed. That's 40 hours we will never get back and not counting the extra gas we had to incur for the non-repair of the vehicle, time off from work to get the vehicle. I make almost 100 dollars a hour. My wife makes about 60 an hour so for me I lost almost 2000 in pay and my wife lost almost 1200 for the free warranty work that was done at that dealership. So the free service ended up costing me and my family $2400 in potential loss of revenue. Is Kia corporate or the dealership going to reimburse me for my time? And I was charged the first time for warranty work? What's up with that?

Consumer Increased Rating!

The dealer did make repairs to make me owe again. At the end of the day's hey did step up and handle the situation as a reputable dealership should

grant of Sandy Springs, GA on

Original Review

Worst dealership ever. If you are in the market for a pre owned vehicle, please buyer beware. I purchased a 2005 Tahoe for over $11000. Less than 30 days or 1000 miles afterwards, the engine is no good and needs to be replaced per 2 reputable sources at a cost of around $5000-$7500 in needed repairs. When I called the dealer to ask for help and ask how this could have been missed, I was told, "You bought a 10-year-old car, not our problem." Brian the used car manager, stated, "You're the one who bought a 10 yr old vehicle with over a 100k miles, it's your problem not ours." I have made several attempts to reach his boss to no avail. If something went wrong they have no warranty nor are they interested in helping you at all. They just want your money, while they laugh all the way to the bank.

I bought a used 2007 Saturn Vue from another dealer that had purchased the car at ADESA auction that Cobb Kia had placed there for auction. More than 30 days have passed and Cobb Kia hasn't supplied the title for my car yet to ADESA. My vin: **. That is violation of Georgia law! I want the title to my car ASAP.

I called before Christmas of 2015 regarding a safety recall on my Kia Sorento 2012. I made 2 calls separate times to arrange an appointment and never received a returned call. My third attempt I just called Consumer Assistance Center at 800-333-4542 and the person while I was on hold called the dealership and spoke to a person and with his help an appointment was made. I work in the hospital and I take care of patients every day and I show up to work to make sure my patients get the best care as this is what is important. This staff and management at Kia has missed this idea and without us they don't have a job and based on all the horrible reviews from other customers certainly corporate would care enough to do something to make a change for the better.

I just completed making an official complaint with KIA's consumer affairs department against CCK, especially the sales manager Kevin. The man is simply dishonest. He thinks very highly of himself and acts as though he owns the dealership. He is solely responsible for me saying that I would NEVER want to own another KIA! And they says lawyers lie! I was supposed to have a 2-yr service agreement and ended up having only a one year that I was not allowed to use. Discrepancies across the board on my paperwork since the purchase of this car. They got my birthday wrong, they didn't give me my $1500 graduate discount after all, they charged me unnecessarily for a new tag when I kept my old one, and finally they will not be honoring my supposed service contract! Kevin ** kiss my grits!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cobb County Kia?

I have already purchased 2 cars from CCK and was looking to trade. The numbers weren't coming up in my range and that was ok. What wasn't ok was getting a call 3 weeks later saying that they were having a great deal. 5,000 off new car purchase and auto trader was there offering 4,000 over blue book for your trade. The girl on the phone said it was 2 days only and I made an appointment and went that day. Well, something was off from the get go. Needless to say the offer had no changed one bit from 3 weeks prior.

I left there furious for the time I wasted. I sent emails (replied to a prior email from a staff member) asking why I was treated like that and to please explain what happened. I sent an email to Kia headquarters and the owner of the dealership. Kia called and listened to my concern but I never heard anything from the owner. What I did get was a phone call from staff with nothing but lies and I even thanked them for the calls. It was only after I realized I was still getting the run around. Needless to say I went to Hyundai of Kennesaw and I have a brand new car! Thank God I didn't buy from Cobb County Kia again.

Randy ** was my service adviser, very unprofessional. Every question I asked him, he just got more and more upset. Apparently he can't talk and type at the same time. The only reason he has his job is because his family member is over the service department for three dealerships including Cobb County Kia. I was told if I asked another question I would be refused service and asked to leave. So I went ahead and ask another question and was ejected from Cobb County Kia. I then went to Metro Kia in Cartersville where I was greeted with kindness. They even fixed my Kia for $200.00 less than Cobb County Kia. The old service staff is Cobb County Kia is gone folks, I have been a customer since 2007. Not one manager would come talk to me during this problem and didn't bother calling me back. VERY SAD! Please do yourself a big favor, save your time and money, go to METRO KIA in Cartersville, GA.

I brought my car (and my two small children) in today. The car is pouring water in through the roof at the computer console (2014 Kia Sedona loaded with all bells and whistles, extended warranty purchased - a second Kia purchased with extended warranty from the same dealership within twelve months as well - we are good customers). I was told that the Service Department is not open on Sundays; I am not unintelligent and understand that. However, I am also not going to drive around what is still a very new car with what from reading is a well-known Kia issue with my two children in it.

The first man I spoke to was very kind and tried to help me out. He went to get someone higher up in the company (I am assuming the manager), a man named Jeff. He immediately told the nice man helping me there was nothing he could do and to come back tomorrow. When I told the nice man I simply could not leave without anyone looking at the car as the water would dry up by then and no one would believe the extent of the issue, he went and spoke with Jeff again. It was at that point that Jeff came and explained to me personally that the Service Department was closed. I asked him to look at the car, but he would not. He asked me to leave. I would not.

He asked what I wanted him to do. I asked him to give me a different car to drive home so I could leave this one there with for the Service Department to look at when they got in tomorrow morning. He said, "I'm not doing that - I don't even know if there's a problem with your car." THERE IS WATER POURING THROUGH THE ROOF AS THOUGH IT IS RAINING. I have photos. I showed the nice young man that I spoke to prior to Jeff. He was shocked. I then told Jeff that if he would not help me, I would stay and tell potential customers that if they purchase a car from here, I do hope they do not run into issues on a Sunday. He then told me I was aggressive and he would have me arrested. I am 5'2" and weigh just over 100 pounds. I was there with two small children; I was no threat.

I then called Kia Corporate, but they were closed (of course). I at that point had no choice to leave and take my two small children home in a car pouring water through the computer console in the roof. One light has already shorted out. I'm not sure what else will happen. Jeff at this point was hiding in a back office; I am not sure if he called police or not.

At this point, everyone except the nice young man who originally started to try and help me ignored me - including the man who processed the loan on the second car we purchased. He held my son while I signed every loan paper on my second vehicle and told me what a sweet boy he was, but he acted like he did not know me while he sat in the front room watching television today. I will never buy another car from here - or any other Kia dealership again. I will tell everyone I can how I was treated today (the hostile treatment from Jeff, the snub from the man who loved me when I was signing over $$ to him for the Forte we bought a few months back, AND the nice treatment from the man who tried to help me but his hands were tied by the rude people working above him).

The terrible part is that the photo doesn't begin to show how much water is up in there. When I feel with my hand, I can feel that the entire ceiling is water-logged. How anyone could see me standing there with two children and refuse to even look and then threaten to call police on me is unreal. I will follow up with Kia Corporate in the morning. I will drop my car back off with the Service Department tomorrow and WILL make them make this particular issue right, but nothing can make the way Jeff treated me, my daughter, and my son this morning okay.

I was so upset that my hands were shaking and tears were streaming down my face as each person working there walked past me and ignored me, yet I was the threat that police needed to be called over. Thank you so much Jeff and Cobb County Kia for making me feel like a valued customer. I will do my best to make sure I only have problems during normal Service Department hours from here on out.

Wow, management changes, service department changes and lots of personnel changes all equal a big fail for CCK. I have purchased 5 cars from this dealership over the past few years. Last year we bought 3 in one day!!!! They have been great until this last round of personnel/management changes. I can't believe the service manager was so unwilling to help me with a tire issue that is an obvious defect. The tire cost is $150 and he choose to give me this ridiculous line about how they don't deal with tires or manufacturers anymore.

This dealer has definitely made their fair share of money from me and wasn't even willing to eat the time or cost of the tire to make me a happy customer. If you're looking for honesty, integrity and good service you should stay away from this dealership. They have gone way downhill. By the way, they have racks of tires in the service area and they say they don't deal with tires. Really? FYI, I went to Kauffman Tire, who doesn't even sell these tires, and they were more than willing to help.

My old car had died and I was in desperate need of a vehicle. I went there because 3 of family members had purchased cars from them. I told them the absolute max I could afford but said that ideally I wanted to come out under that number. After being shown only 3 vehicles that were supposedly in my price range, out of sheer desperation, I choose one. I was told the car was one price but by the time I signed the paperwork, it was $3000 more. In the end with all the double talking, I financed $210000 for a car costing $13000 which, 3 years later is only worth $9000 and dropping. I'm now stuck paying for a car that will probably be only worth $3000 by the time I'm done paying for it. I will never go there or buy another Kia again.

Thanks Cobb county Kia for making my car experience the best. There was no hassle or hurry up and make up your mind. Shawn the salesman was awesome. The experience was excellent all the way from sales all the way to finance and y'all even eat some of the cost so I would not have a high payment. I would send everyone there thanks for putting a little (soul) in my life lol.

I bought a new Kia Soul from them in May 2013 with a sunroof which I was told, was guaranteed for life. I paid an extra $1000 to have it installed by them. I moved from GA to OH this year. I noticed my headliner was wet in several spots. I called Kia who told me to drive 70 miles to the dealership where the repairs would be covered because my car is still under warranty. The tech at Halleen Kia in N. Olmstead Oh was honest. He told me I needed to find out who exactly installed the roof. I started calling Cobb Co. Kia in Kennesaw GA at 10 am. I told the whole story to 9 different people. I was put on hold and disconnected several times.

Finally, an hour later, I spoke with ** who said "I will find out for you and call you back within 15 min." I asked for his phone number in case he didn't respond. Another hour goes by, still waiting at the dealership. I called the number I was given-wrong number. So I started the process all over again calling Cobb Co. Kia. I finally was connected with ** who actually hung up on me! I should have known service would always be awful there. The first time I took my car in, the service technician put the garage door down on top of my car! They said they fixed it and painted the top however the paint job wore off and black marks are all over my roof. This is the worst car I have EVER owned and what makes it even worse is that KIA and Cobb Co Kia do not stand behind the products they sell. Bottom line, DO NOT SHOP AT THIS DEALERSHIP if you expect any type of customer service!

They was the most unpleasant experience I've ever had. This business is so unprofessional and he say, she say. My sales guy told me one thing. The finance manager told me another thing. So finally I try to speak to the GM and he tells me something different. I finally went up there to purchase my car and they told me they couldn't find my file that it wasn't in the building. Unbelievable. I was being lied to the whole time it felt like.

Service was horrible. We were told that even before we could walk around the lot we were required to give all of our contact info. I didn't feel this was necessary and said so. The salesman told his manager. The manager then said "That's fine let them leave. There is nothing here for them anyway". We will never go back.

"Money down always helps but it is not necessary in your case. We got some GREAT options for you. You definitely don't need a co-signer, and I've cut every corner possible. We won't lose a deal every few dollars. I want to earn your business and I am fighting to get what you want. I guarantee it won't be a waste of time. You have my word." This was from ** in an email sent 3/9/15.

When I drove 45 minutes out of my way, it turned out to be a total waste of my time. The NO money down in my case as mentioned in **'s email turned into a request of almost $800.00. The payments that I requested to be no more than $225.00 were $274.00. If I was told the truth to begin with I could have saved myself a 45 minute trip and leaving work early. I was VERY disappointed and I just want to tell Mr. ** that your word is worth NOTHING in my book.

I went to just look. First thing they want was my car keys. Then the high pressure was on. I said, "Just came to look." More high pressure. I bought a car that i hate. I wish they had that damn thing back. I hate high pressure sales.

They damaged my Kia and then wanted me to shell out $1000 to fix what THEY broke. Outlandish! Unethical, unprofessional, dishonest, lacking integrity, is how I would describe the service center at this Kia location. Kia should remove the top brass from this dealership and replace them with people of integrity.

I purchased a vehicle from Cobb County Kia in Kennesaw, Georgia. Took the vehicle home and a week later they called me and told me to bring the vehicle back immediately that there was something wrong with the title, that the car had frame damage and was unsafe to drive. They promised to put me in another vehicle, but they wanted to charge me 24% interest. I have fraud alert on my credit file and the bureau called and said they were hitting my credit file up to 18 times causing my beacon score to go. This is not the real complaint. The complaint is that they put the same vehicle that they said had frame damage and was back on their lot for sale. I have my sales contract and pictures of the car back on their lot for sale.

Went to kia on Saturday. Found a 2012 kia optima that I really like. Was there from 130pm to 930pm. While I was there I notice 2 guys at the corner of my eye, one who worked there and another who did not. I see the guy that worked there pull money out of his pocket. And hand to the other guy. That guy walk to the door of a empty office, pulled a little bag out of his pocket and hand to the worker. Once over in the finance dept - we were there a while - we paid 3k down on the car. They were going to follow up Monday make sure everything went ok. No call was received.

A week later I got a call from our salesman JAMES. He stated that we need to give them 2k more or bring the car back. We went in and spoke to a man who stated that due to the bank cutting them they need 3k more so a total of 6k on a 2012 -- they lost their mind. So I returned the car and ask for my 3k ck. James stated that I will have to wait till Monday. Go up there Monday, put in my request. Fred had people who had financed a car paperwork on his desk including my. I could see 6 people's SSN. Fred states that he refunded my money back to my account and the rest that I paid in cash Blake will assure that I get my check, would be there the next day. Called Blake at 9. He stated he will call me back. Never received a call.

Today I go up there. They try to tell me that I have to wait till tomorrow. I have been waiting on 3k since Saturday and still fighting with them. I will never go back to kia at towncenter (now cobb kia). They are shady and just hold on to your money as long as they can. Also remember that your info is not safe with them. Fred just leaves your info on his desk for everyone to see.

Having discussed matters both via online and on the phone about a particular vehicle with the salesperson, I made an appointment to go and test drive the vehicle and possibly negotiate a deal. To begin with, the salesperson forgot about our appointment, calling to excuse their tardiness as a result of traffic on a Saturday morning at 9:00 - yeah right. I had traveled about 50 miles with no traffic to get there. As we walked in the door they wanted to know how we were going to pay/finance our deal, asking without knowing what we were even there for or having even driven anything. The price discussed and provided via the phone and e-mail was given as $16,995, but when we sat down it went to +$20K. I elected to just leave rather than deal with unethical people. Be aware of this dealership as I mentioned the negative reviews I had read with our salesperson prior to going there and they said they had changed. The reviews are absolutely correct, they haven't changed and are not likely to change. There are good dealerships out there, which give you a good feeling, this is not one of them, this is at the bottom of the food chain.

After signing the paperwork, the business manager insulted me by calling me selfish for not co-signing my wife's loan, which was not necessary. I let him know that this was unacceptable behavior and that he should apologize. Instead, he called me uptight and continued his disrespectful tone, during which I walked out.

I traded my car in for a 2012 Sorento, only to find out 30 days later that Kia did not pay off my lien on my trade-in. Elvis tried to tell me that there were no notes of a lien in my file, but on the contract, it shows the trade-in and lienholder's name. Now, Elvis has offered to redo my loan and add in the lien payoff or return my trade-in car. I've found out that my trade-in was sold without a clear title. So now, I'm on the hook with the original loan. I have a car in my name sold to someone who can not title, so if anything happens, it's in my name. Kia told me on Friday the 30th that they have left messages with the person who bought my original car (which should not have been sold without a title). But that person has not returned their call. It's now Sunday and I have not received any contact from Kia.

After several exciting emails confirming a price on an exact and specific Kia Sorrento, I went to the dealership to make a purchase. I had my email confirmation in hand with out-the-door prices, complete with taxes and fees. At the dealership, the internet salesman looked at the emails and said he would not honor the price. He said he did submit the quote to me, but he would not honor it. The finance people came over and asked him to leave. They apologized for him and for the next two hours, we began the process of negotiating a price all over again. The finance person told me to stay put, and he would be right back with some paperwork to sign. At this point, I'm excited about the new car. Then the internet salesman walked toward the table I was setting at, and started yelling at me to leave, I was not going to get a car. He told me to leave. I still do not understand what happened last night. It was weird, very weird.

Near the traffic light, the car (with 74,000 miles) stopped and would not turn over. I had the car towed to my local KIA where I bought the car. They changed their name from Town Center KIA to Cobb County Kia. I told the service department that my car is under warranty but service department said no. They did not show it being under warranty. Lisa ** stated that I should get my papers that show it being under warranty. If the car was under warranty, it would be fine. I needed to sign the release for them to diagnose my car and it would be $95.00. If it is not under warranty, then the $95.00 would be applied to the repair. She further said that they would get me in a car rental. She wrote the paper up and called Enterprise.

I went home and called KIA consumer affairs. They agree that I did have the warranty. I called Lisa and gave her my case number. Lisa called me back as well as a mechanic and they both stated that now, the timing belt was broke. And since I did not have the maintenance work done at that location, they would not honor the warranty. It would then be approximately $3,000.00 to fix the car or they could sell me a new one. Lisa stated that it was a lot of money and I could take it to another repair shop that would not be as much. She would wave the diagnostic fee. I did that. Then, I found out that the timing belt was not broke; it was actually in good shape. The mechanic stated that the engine has locked up.

When I called back the consumer line, I spoke with Shannon, who did not or would not help. So I called them back and spoke with Robin, who stated that my option is to have the car towed again to a KIA dealer so they can diagnose what is wrong and see if it is under warranty. I would have to pay again to have my car towed for the third time. Robin also stated that all she could do is file a complaint with the District Manager George ** but KIA is independently owned. It is up to them.

I bought a 2000 Buick LeSabre on May 31, 2011 with 104,000 miles. While test driving the car, I noticed that the car was about to overheat. I pulled over and looked under the hood. The antifreeze was coming out of the overflow so the dealer had it towed back to dealership.

The service department looked at the car and said it needed a new radiator cause it had a crack between the radiator and the transmission cooler. They fixed it then they said the car was repaired so I bought it on June 18, 2011 (18 days later). The transmission was giving me trouble. I took it to AAMCO to have it looked at and they said that water got in the transmission and it needed to be rebuilt at a cost of $1800-2400. I went to the dealership to see if they would fix it. they gave me the run around to the service department--back to the sales floor where they sold me a piece of crap.

On 8/11/10, I purchased a 2003 Jeep Cherokee Laredo from Cobb County KIA. The salesman Ross told me the price of the car was $8,900.00. I informed the salesman on the phone before I made my visit that this was my first car purchase and I did not have a cosigner--he said fine. I told him that I had $500.00 for a down payment and he wanted me to come back and pay $500.00 more later. He would sell me the Jeep for $8,000.00. I agreed and informed him that I was on my lunch break and would return later. He wanted to get the financing started and I did not have my checkbook with me. He suggested that the only way they could start the process was to have some papers with signatures and money down. My father was driving me that day and lives 25 miles away and could only make one more trip.

I told Ross ** I would go over the papers later and let him do an electronic withdrawal of $500.00. After work, I came back to KIA and they said that the keys were locked up for the day and they gave me a loaner to drive. I called before returning and the car was ready. I was handed the keys and paperwork. On 8/26/10, Scott ** called and wanted to get me to sign some reduced adjusted interest rate papers. He said that he would not deposit the $500.00 check I sent until I came in to sign the papers. I could not leave work and he gave me Ian **'s number. I asked my father to call Mr. ** to see what was this about. He told me Ian ** informed him that I needed a cosigner or I would need to bring the car back; otherwise, they would send a truck to pick it up. Mr. ** also informed him that I needed $4,300.00 to keep the deal the way it is.

Cobb County Kia Company Profile