Chrysler Sebring
3.38/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Sebring

Chrysler Sebring refers to a line of mid-size luxury vehicles, including convertibles, sedans and coupes, that were made from 1995-2010. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Sebring Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This is not about one car per se. I am searching for a used 2008 or 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible. Every one I see has a non working convertible touring top. Does not go up or down. What is the deal wth this? Will this cost a lot to repair? Is this why there is a glut of 2008s on the market, many of which were sold at aucton?

Original review: June 17, 2018

This car has been the best car I have ever purchased. I've had this car for 11 years and I haven't had to do much work to it. It is still running and everything still works. I loved that it was silver with a black top. I certainly loved that is was a convertible car. The price was very good also and I bought it brand new! That was the first car that I ever bought brand new off of the showroom floor. I love riding with the top down. However, one thing that I would change about my car would be that they make a four door version. Mine is a 2 door and is annoying trying to get people in the back seat. Still, I would always recommend this car to anyone that is looking to buy a new car.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I bought a used 2006 Chrysler Sebring in 2011 for about $4,000. It was what I could afford. Plus, I felt safe in it because it had a large crash zone. But it had so many problems that were all expensive to fix and I ended up junking it a couple years ago. The computer went out shortly after I got it and in the end, the engine needed to be replaced. I spent as much fixing the car as I paid for it. It looked nice on the outside and the interior was in really good condition but was a hassle.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love how in the summertime you can drive with the top down. A really hot day out and driving on the highway makes up got a wonderful cool ride. Perfect for a great tan. Perfect to look like you're in style. So many of my friends love my 2003 Chrysler Sebring convertible. It was cheap, paid a little amount for a car that had very low mileage plus it was 1 out of I believe 3 cars to choose from but love the car very much. The car sits way too low though. It's really bad with frost heaves and with pit holes. The other thing I'm not a huge fan of would be how the back window wants to constantly come on done. It's pretty overall great though.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Chrysler Sebring convertible is a very good car. A lot of people had good things to say about it and it's good looking. I got silver with a black top and it works for me. The car is sturdy, good on gas, comfortable, plenty of room in the trunk, roomy back seat and roomy section behind the back seat where the top goes when you put it down. But I wish for better stitching on the roof and the engine should be placed for more convenient access. Although the regular fill-up tanks are convenient, to do any other engine work is very difficult.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chysler Sebring?

Original review: April 29, 2017

Top would not go down. Brought to Dealership. Paid for a diagnostic dealer. Said they had to order two parts. Special ordered parts did not fix issue. Dealer says they have no way to scan codes because Manufacturer Dodge removed convertible top code from scanner. Was asked to bring car back a third time. They need a specialist to look at top. After several days they found broken wires to the top. Said manufacturer ran wires too tight cause wires to break under when used overtime. Wrote to Dodge. They refused to help in any way. With diagnostics. Labor. Tow vehicle to take car into Dealer. It cost over $1500.00 for five broken wire. Since Dodge refuses to take ownership of poor workmanship. Our relationship of over 38 years is over. I will never purchase a product that was not made to be used. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I own a 2000 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Jxi. It's the best car I've ever owned! Cheap to maintain, no car payments. All the money I saved on purchasing it for cheap (like 3000) I use for maintenance whenever it need any. One problem most people have with it is the fact that they have never owned a convertible. Period. It's not a Camry, not a Volkswagen, not a pickup truck that you don't have to do much to. Just usually drive those into the ground and do the maintenance when you have to. If you do that with these convertibles, you'll get to the point where one thing leads to another and it can become overwhelming.

I've had 3 of these gen1 Sebring conv's. A 99, two 2000's. I can't keep one because somebody always wants to buy them from me! For the past 6 years I pick em up for cheap, fix them with about 2 or 3 hundred bucks, then drive the BEST car I have ever driven! Now, when I say that, I mean just that, DRIVEN. There's nothing like the top down! Nothing like the 4 wheel independent suspension on these cars that makes them feel like you're driving an indy suspension car! To drive and actually FEEL something, that's where it's at! I know for a fact you are never going to feel what you feel in a conv sebring. No, there isn't this 8cyl hemi that does a hundred in 4 seconds. But yes, you can get on the freeway with NO problems. It's fast "enough" as they say. They're a cruiser type car. And they get 23 in city, 33 on highway! Parts are CHEAP! They LOOK GOOD! I can't say enough about them. And they don't have 14 computers to deal with!! HA!

You can drive for cheap and FEEL GOOD when you simply go get some ice cream with the top down or go to California from the east coast on a nice long road trip. I dare anyone to say they don't like to DRIVE one after they get out of a test drive. You can find these cars with extremely low miles, ex condition and rarely many owners for about 3 to 4k at the most in any city USA. Just look on your local craigslist. Don't go to a dealer and get one. Or do. But I've found the best way to get these are from the grown up mature owners selling theirs because they've had it for 10 or 15 years and are ready to pass them down (because they last forever!) JMHO, thanks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

I leased a 2015 Chrysler 200S on April 2015. The car has been defective since day one. Starting from the misleading fuel economy numbers that are far from reality, to denying any kind of issue and use software updates that are never released as a fix to any issue. I took my car to the dealer I leased it from in May for bad fuel economy and transmission issues and they denied everything. Said "come back after 1500 miles", which I did and they used the magic trick of updating software to fix the MPG and It didn't. For the transmission issue they just denied it.

I didn't give up. I took the car to a different dealership and they identified the problem as a defective transmission and replaced it one month after I got my NEW car! Replacing the transmission did fix the acceleration issue but yet it didn't fix the hard-shifting/jerking issues. I took my car again to the same dealership for the transmission issue and car pulling issues when they denied everything again. I went for the same issues again and took them for a test drive to prove that the car pulls left and steering loses control. They said "we aligned the back" but the car still pulls as of this moment. Last Thursday 1/14/2016 I took my car for the 6th service at the leasing dealership for the same transmission issue, tire pressure issue and the pulling issue.

I went for a test drive with a gentleman called John ** when he felt the hard shifting issue, admitted it and admitted that the 200 model has got transmission issues and people don't like the way transmission works. The tire pressure issue is when I got the warning of low tire pressure 5 times in 2 months and I keep filling it with air but still goes bad again. After the service finished today 1/19/2016 I went to the dealer to get my car. They stated that they changed the valve body. Once I got out of the dealer and started driving the transmission still have hard shifting just like before. Tire pressure issue wasn't fixed and same for pulling issue. I want my money back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2015

I am a single mom and purchased this car on Craigslist for 1700. Within 3 months oil is leaking, not sure where from, but I'm putting oil in all the time. Car is at 109,000 miles, front suspension seems to be failing, even causing me to hit a curb once, and makes a weird noise when turning, but has power steering oil full. In Park when I press gas pedal, car will not go over 4 rpm now and barely makes it up a hill. It is always bogging and going put, put, put...at a few times at stops, it just jolts and accelerates quickly.

So now I have to put it in Park and press gas pedal a little to keep car from dying. There is a burning smell from under dash sometimes and it is getting worse, engine light came on now. I have changed the map sensor, costing 70, that did nothing. Called Chrysler online recall number and told her all these problems, all she was saying is take it in to dealership to check it out, "of course at big bucks to me". Single mom with 7 children...and that the 2005 Sebring Sedan 4-door 2.4L has no recalls. I said I can't afford the charge and I hope nothing bad happens to me or my kids. All she said was, "I will document this down"...like me /us people that pay their salary are crap, and too bad for us.

I already know my oil, the burning smell, the put, put, put, bog, bog. Has fuel problems and oil and front suspension problems. And this company will not just call for a total recall until it's to the extreme...like people die or get badly hurt. We buy from a company that takes our money and puts us through severe mental and aggravating abuse and denial that their autos are in serious need of re-evaluating and better product reliability to make sure people don't die or get hurt. And have pride in service to people who put food on their table and pay for their nice houses before we, the people, feel so screwed mentally, financially and mistreated, stand together and gain 1 huge class action lawsuit that just might wake them up.

I read a lot of post and it seems as they take the money, listen for a minute, and pretty much wring us like a wet cloth - go home and have no conscience at all while we pay, pay, pay, suffer, suffer. And if anyone wants to contact me, I'll post where you can if this posting goes though. We have to fight for our right to be treated with dignity, like they did when they took our money. I'm so sick and I know this car is going to break down. I have disability, but also college student, with 7 kids, no child support. And I told her my problems, but like my kids, these people have ''selective hearing'' and ditch us but take their paycheck with no empathy to us at all.

Original review: June 15, 2015

A cargo divider in my trunk fell apart, both ends broken off! Switch broken in trunk. Top damaged, because there was not a WARNING for top to stop! Both rails bent. Had another Top swapped from 2011 Donor car. Trunk tilt up out of alignment. Top will not go down. Expenses - Michiana Chrysler charge $1,350.00 for replacement cargo divider and switch and said they CANNOT fix Chrysler Convertible Top! Referred me to Barry's Trim Shop. Barry's Trim Shop said he would touch a Chrysler Sebring Convertible with a 10 foot pole! Purchased Donor Top - $ 650.00 and $850 install. Top still not working!!

Chrysler Sebring Company Information