4.1/5 (382 ratings)

About CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

CarHistory.us.org Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Tricked into signing up for $18.95/year. I intended to take advantage of the $1.00 for 20 searches offer. Searched for only one VIN. Same day I was charged the $1.00, I was also charged $18.95. Just now realized that I was being charged monthly since February. Was able to cancel the subscription through live chat.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was impressed with the level of ease it took me to get the information I was seeking. The dollar charged for this service was well worth spending for all the info it provided to me on the car I am thinking of buying. Now I feel like I will be able to make an informed decision based on this info. I called the dealer right after and made an appointment to view the car tomorrow.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

This site gave me more insight and I am impressed that the info given let me know about my vehicle's value. The search for the vehicle being salvaged, stolen, in an accident, sold, traded, how many times the vehicle changed ownership, the blue book value, and places where I could get help to service the vehicle really impressed me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Just purchased a car and had no idea about its history. Found this website while searching for the other one that has a "fox", didn't realize they're now charging upwards of $99 for a report. This site promised lower charge and they didn't lie. I got the facts that I needed and didn't get robbed in the process. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I ran the VIN on their web and it came back clean. No accidents or airbag issues. I paid 7000 for the car, present to my granddaughter, but the airbag light came on. I took it to a Chevy dealer and was told it had been in a major rear end accident with airbags deployed. I then paid $40 for a Carfax and it had the accident listed with airbag deployment. Now I have a $7000 piece of junk that can't be legally driven. Chevy wants over $6000 to replace all the bags. Don't waste your time on this site. Spend the $40 and get a Carfax.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Nice little report.. However, some folks don't have iPhones so your site could use an out for that. Also, being able to just print out the data without all the other info would be nice too. We'll probably use this service again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Great report. Need a little more title info but other than that I am pleased. I think that it is a good thing that this service is provided so that people can find out what they are buying and if it is worth it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

This good cost effective way to check car history. The only problem is that this site is not the first or the first few site that show up when searching for car reports. Great experience and highly recommended to everyone. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

This was the first time I used this service. It is exceptionally easy to use: just enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) and the search engine does all the rest. The results matched our vehicle (which we are putting up for sale) exactly. The price cannot be beat--you can't even get a cup of coffee for a buck!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

2015 Infiniti Model Q50 Used Car. Very satisfied as to information provided. Much detail provided. Would like to see maintenance record. My purchase was from Peninsula Infiniti, Redwood City, where my previous vehicle was a 2001 I30, which was serviced by them. Their excellent service was the main reason I purchased another Infiniti.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Received a free 39.99 report from Carfax that the dealer provided. Went online to CarHistory site and the exact and more information on the same car was provided. Saved myself $38.99 and you can too. Thank you for excellent service and accuracy on the car history reports.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

The account setup was quick and painless. The report was full of useful info and quite simple to understand. Although the records showed no accident reported, I am aware the vehicle has been in one. I will likely be using your services again in the near future.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The questions were very simple to answer. I was impressed how accurate the report was. It took only minutes. You receive a name of a contact if you have any more questions and they follow up on your email.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I didn't have to search for what I wanted. The specific info was right there. User-friendly as well. Low cost which is what I was looking for. I am a first time buyer on my own - past vehicles were always purchased for me. This made it easier for me.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have not completed reviewing my report before I'm asked to write a review. So I give it a 4 star, Really a 3.5 since I ask to checkout as a guest and still was requested of info I didn't want to share. But once the report was finally generated and I skimmed thru it, it does seems to cover so much about the vehicle that I didn't think of. I would use again and pass on to anyone I know that is looking at purchasing a vehicle. Wish I was aware of this site three weeks ago before my son-in-law purchased their Hyundai. Now I'll go review the report.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

The site is setup to be very user friendly. I only gave 4 stars because the information could be updated. The vehicle I was researching had been in at least one collision, the report didn't have it listed tho. But that's ok, maybe it wasn't reported yet. Anyway, GREAT JOB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! I'll be back if I ever need to research another auto!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I was satisfied with the report. It is accurate as I own the vehicle. And the value seems accurate to me. I would certainly recommend Carfax if you are interested in a vehicle. Especially if it is a used vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Provided info as promised for a reasonable fee. Worth the money! Straightforward easy process to get valuable information in making an educated purchase of an automobile. I will use this service in all vehicles I intend to purchase. I would highly recommend this service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Outstanding online customer service support (chat) helping you with obtaining your reports. VIN report was extremely detail with all possibly information on vehicle. For a $1.00 fee it was an unbelievable price.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Reassuring! I am glad to get a report. I know the car was hit by another car--on the driver's door--and no accident report is on file. I do not think it was a moving collision, but I wonder why it does not show up on the report.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Thorough car report. I am a first time user and do not really know what to expect. This report told me that the car had not been reported stolen and had not been salvaged. It appears to be a one owner car. I did not receive the owners' name or address, and not sure if I should have. I'll be driving out of state to view this car and wanted to obtain all the information I could before traveling so far.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The provided title and salvage history is extremely important, as is the wreak/lemon records - certainly worth the small fee and time to receive the detailed report - highly recommended for any used car purchase.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

This site was so user-friendly and comprehensive. I was able to navigate the site with ease and above all the cost was very affordable, costing only $1. I would recommend to anyone. Benji ** Statesboro GA

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I found the site to have a lot of information I needed. It did not find historical data on the vehicle I was researching but found the title in my state started with a mileage of 16 miles. For a 2009 it does not sound realistic. If it sounds too good to be true then it most likely is not true.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

This was a very detailed report that I received...such more so than expected and for such a nominal charge, yet! It is reassuring to know all the details about the vehicle before I purchase it and it was sweet that the in depth report came back verifying the vehicle's appearance and my highest hopes -- squeaky clean! I cannot imagine that I would ever buy a vehicle again without this vetting process and I would highly recommend the same for anyone else!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

It didn't quite detail what I needed but gave me enough information. I needed more title information and it could have been a little more specific regarding that information because that is exactly what I needed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Easy to read and understand. I would recommend this site to anyone in the marketplace looking for a good and affordable used vehicle. Searching for the right car truck or SUV is hard enough on its own but being able to look up and review your vehicle of choice on your own really makes you feel good about your decision, also affordable.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

It is good, however there are recalls for this make and model but your report lists no NHTSA recalls. NHTSA says there are no open recalls for this vehicle however there are recalls for this vehicle. Other than that it is good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

So far, I am very pleased. I am still in the process of wanting to "Review Title". All of the information seems to be very very thorough. I found out more than I expected or even knew I needed to know.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Purchased a truck and wanted to find info on it. Went to several sites and wanted to charge us $39+. Found this site and charged $1! Very affordable and reported a lot of information! We would recommend carhistory.com!

CarHistory.us.org Company Information