4.1/5 (381 ratings)

About CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

CarHistory.us.org Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

This company is a big SCAM. The report they sent is the same you can get for free at the government website. They will request your credit card for 1 dollar report and will start using under different names to charge you multiple times. When you call the number in your credit card charge they will pretend to help you. They don't work for any of these companies. They are only a Customer Care Center for over 300 companies and what they said it is not truth. BE AWARE! STAY ALERT!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Read another reviewer on this site that had was also billed for 18.95. After submitting my credit info I checked my credit card account to find they had overcharged. At that time I decided not to check the "continue" button to receive my report. It's possible that once you hit that button that you have a whole new problem. I called the number listed (when there are problems) and they refunded entire amount without question (just to appease me/you). Problem is, many people never check their billing info. They are scammers. I sell cars for a living and always get texts/spam from people like this about car histories.

Now I know how they scam people works first hand. They now have my credit card information but missed out on their "law of averages" that I would not check my credit card debit amount. Please, please don't waste your time or compromise your credit card info. If you decide to risk it, you will need to change your credit account # immediately. Avoid this site.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The site states there is only a $1 charge to get comprehensive VIN report. When I did, my credit card company notified me there was an $18.95 charge to my card. Nowhere on the site was there any information about $18.95 charge. I immediately call the customer service line to demand a refund. If they had been upfront about the $18.95 charge, I would have my apt to buy the report but since they were misleading, I don't trust this site.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Very fast and very helpful looking for info on your car. And for a dollar you can't beat it. Was able to see the history on the car if it's been stolen or what the dealer was asking for it at the dealership.

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2019

I wrote a review on 11/4 on the bait and switch of price. I am happy to report the company fix the issue quickly after I reported my concerns. Canceled the membership and promise to repay the $18.95 they took out of my bank. They apologized for the mix up. It is nice that this companies is ethical in their practice. I am satisfied that they honored their price of the report and that the report help me find a useful vehicle. Thank you for fixing the issue so fast and providing a option on the market with a reasonable price to assess autos for sale. I am a Happy customer, I changed my prior review and give the company a 5.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I was inform by online for $1 I could get this report. Then to be notify that it is 12 months of 18.95 by a text message. This was a complete lie by the company. They have false advertisement. Nowhere was a price of 12 months for $18.95. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! J **

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Found this company to look a vin up. The only one that didn't charge an arm and a leg and it was good info. I would so recommend other use this company before purchasing their next vehicle. Definitely helped us.. Thanks again!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

This is my first time using this site and it was fast, easy and accurate. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a vehicle history report and doesn't want to pay a lot of money like CarFax or autocheck. You get the same information for a lot less money...It's only a buck and you can't go wrong.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I received my report and follow up from the company immediately. I will use this service again. I am grateful it exists as I go to buy my first car from an individual instead of a Car Dealership. I think the information they provide is essential to have comfort in buying in the open market. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Loved the links to other information (recall checks, extended warranty plans, etc), some of which are free. The overall report was certainly more thorough than I expected for the price. Very satisfied customer!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Good comprehensive report. I did not see anything that seemed out of place and the response was quick to get it back. Much better than paying $40 for a report when you are looking at buying a used vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Inexpexpensive way to check info on prospective purchase of vehicle. I rather buy used so being able to check the vin# is really helpful and for so little money. I have just started looking and will use this again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Great Price for the report, through information check and answered all the customers' questions. I Loved the information. Helped me sell two vehicles FAST! And the buyers were very happy with their choices.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I am selling my vehicle and I wanted to make sure there was nothing out there that would show up in a vehicle report that would be negative to my sale. This was an inexpensive way for me to obtain a quick report and satisfy myself that my vehicle had a clean record. It was easy to navigate through and the report was correct in what was stated.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I appreciate the definitions and details provided for each item. Some of it seemed a little repetitive but perhaps that's part of the nature of a vehicle report. Not necessarily comfortable with the fact of the disclaimer saying the color and model may not match. The whole purpose is to obtain facts. I do like that I can obtain such info online for a lot less than other agencies. Thank You for the low fee.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased this used vehicle before I checked the report, and I am happy about my decision to purchase this vehicle. The report only had good things to say about this vehicle. There are a few minor repairs needed to this vehicle such as; painting the roof and the hood because the paint is faded, a few scratches on the driver's door, replacing the front headlight bulb and sealing the leak in the transmission. The vehicle came with 5 brand new tires, that was a plus for me since I had purchased a set of tires for my previous vehicle 2 years ago. The vehicle ran well during the test drive, I was able to drive up to 70 MPH without any shaking. I was the previous owner of a 2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7 that was totaled, the 2007 Jeep Liberty 3.7 is the same color as the 2005. I think it was a good buy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

The site armed me with knowledge before I try to purchase the car in question. When dealing with used car lots it helps to have all perinate information right at your fingertips. The site was quick and easy to use. I am not really a computer savvy guy. I would recommend this site to others.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Gave me most of the information I was looking for. I really wanted to know what became of the car I traded in about three years ago. Wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for, though. I was hoping to find out who bought the car and what condition it was in.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Fair to good. I did not get vehicle use history under the argument that no records available. Got spec sheet. It cost a $1.00 without getting the information looking for. I am unsatisfy because did not get what I was interested in. They charged 1 buck prior getting a negative answer to my RFI.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Can say really still looking for what I’m searching for. I bought a car that was never registered by the person I bought it from. So now I’m trying to find title and information on previous owners of car.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

The site was very informative, and easy to navigate. The information was complete and very helpful. I would recommend this website to anyone looking for information prior to purchasing a used or new vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was looking for an inexpensive VIN search and this site was terrific and for only $1. The report was very detailed and covered most everything that Carfax would for a fraction of the cost. I have the Carfax report as well and in comparing, this one is even more detailed. Thank YOU!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Website was easy to navigate and the process only took a few minutes. Information was accurate and thorough. This report will be helpful in selling my vehicle. I recommend this site to anyone buying or selling a vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

It is the best site I seen so far that give you very accurate details information on your vehicle VIN and title; and it was top notch experience for me. I would highly recommend this site to anyone would is think about buying a used car.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The vehicle history report was detailed and accurate. I had the report in less than 5 minutes. This information is well worth the nominal fee. I would recommend anyone to get their report here. I found the history report to be very useful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Easy to use and cost effective. I found the process to be simple to use and the information more provided me comfort in the purchase I just made. Would be nice to have additional information regarding optional engine type etc.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I came to this site to get a report on possible damage or accident information on a vehicle I was purchasing. The final report was extremely detailed and provided all the necessary information for me to make an informed decision (11 pages worth). Hey, for a buck, you can't beat it!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I found the report on my vehicle to be the information that I needed on a timely basis. To purchase the car, I needed to see if there were facts that the dealer failed to disclose. Thank you very much..!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

The experience was easy to navigate and place the order. Backup help available the whole time if needed. Responses from the order desk was timely and helpful. I purchased only the one data set for the one vehicle to see the results and I am very happy with it. I will definitely be ordering again in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This is a great site when searching information on vehicles. The information on my vehicle was accurate, well use again in the future. I was put off by the $1 purchase but that's ok as well. It is well worth the cost.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Tricked into signing up for $18.95/year. I intended to take advantage of the $1.00 for 20 searches offer. Searched for only one VIN. Same day I was charged the $1.00, I was also charged $18.95. Just now realized that I was being charged monthly since February. Was able to cancel the subscription through live chat.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information