4.32/5
  • 1 star
Based on 198 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 13, 2017

313 CarHistory.us.org Consumer Reviews

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

False Ads, first they say it's free and then they what to charge you $1.00 for a Report, I have a card I use for on line payments only and just put $1.00 in it and try to get the one dollar Report! Card was declined, so I know they wanted to take more out than the $1.00 fee, so now they have my number and I have to change my card, nice try CarHistory Pennsylvania.us.org!!! This is a big scam to get your number and charge you monthly, a lot of people would not go thru the hassle to get a dollar back but if you have thousands of people getting rip off that adds to a lot of cash that THEY take from people, they need to be SHUT DOWN! Before other people fall for the scam!!!

Original review: July 13, 2017

They tell you that your report is ready for $1 and after you agree to that, they have a hidden charge of $18.95 they also bill you for. Also, their reports were not accurate. I bought a motorcycle with a SALVAGE title and their report did not even indicate anything about it even though the California DMV title clearly had SALVAGED typed on it. I would stay away from this site.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 26, 2017

I saw an ad to check the car history for a $1 while I was in the process of purchasing a used car. I signed up and I got the report stating that the car had a clean title with no accidents at all, with a 36000 miles on the car while the owner had that car advertised to have 160,000 miles. Now I decided to buy the car based on this report knowing the mileage.

However after I bought the car, I found out that I got charged that $1.00 then in addition to that I also got charged another $18.95 which I was never aware of. I took it to Mercedes Benz to find out that the car was involved in an accident so we pulled the Carfax to find out that this was also well advertised on Carfax. I contacted them and I got the full refund. However I still got the car as a result of their false report that was dated to 6 years ago prior to the accident. The supervisor from this agency used excused to justify their wrong doing... Please do never use this agency... They are not correct at all nor honest. The refund number is **.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

They bait you with false information, then make you think you are only going to pay $1.00 for the report but charge you $18.95 without you knowing. When I got the final report the information was also incorrect. If you don't own the vehicle you are looking into this site would be great, but I know some of the info and all of it was not what this site said it was. I would not use this site if I had a second chance.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Bad experience. First they bait you that it's free. Then they ask you what type of report do you want and of course you want the full history report for free! When you're ready to get it they charge you $1.00 but you don't mind because it's cheaper than CARFAX. Once you check your account they actually charge you $18.95 a month. The $1.00 is a down payment on the monthly charge. I called and got my refund the same day. Ask for your full refund, do not accept that you won't be charged for any more months. I was wondering why they offered a $10.00 Amazon card for filling out their survey. When CarHistory.us.org comes up in your search, skip it. They got me but I got them back!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Before agreeing to give the company my credit card, I should have read some of the reviews, become suspicious, and recognized $1 for a VIN report was too good to be true. My SCAM-mer radar should have gone up... Here's my personal experience: CarHistory.us.org charged my credit card for a VIN report, failed to deliver that report, and then their "customer support" refused to acknowledge that CarHistory.us.org charged my card. Their support agent instructed me to send a screenshot of the charge on my statement (which I did) and they'd "get back to me". It's been a week, and... crickets... no response. So I followed up today with a call to their support team. They again refuse to acknowledge that they charged my credit card and asked me to send a screenshot of the statement (again). When I asked them to provide me the VIN report they charged my credit card for, they "can't".

I will be going to my credit card company to fight the charge. It's a LOT of hassle for $1, but now I feel very uneasy with them having my credit card info, and will be flagging them to my bank. Moral of the story is as the saying goes, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is." The story ends with me getting my VIN report... from AutoCheck, which is an Experian company, so I knew it would be reputable. And while the AutoCheck report was $25, after doing some research, I felt the price was a good compromise between some of the budget VIN check online businesses and CarFax, but still providing helpful information about the car I was serious about buying.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

This site advertises FREE!! They are not free! They state they have to charge you $1.00 to get good information. You get crap! I was looking at a salvage title, yet their site showed no accidents. Then I find out the actually charge you $1.00 plus $18.95/month forever!!!! This company is a scam and I have just wasted hours of my life trying to resolve it!

Original review: June 17, 2016

I found Car History online. First I was mislead by reading the service was free. Then they said it was for a $1 donation. I called the number before continuing with the payment to make sure they were for real. I did get a representative but she could not validate whether or not the service was as accurate as other services but they did link to the state DMV. I decided to try it and filled out the payment info. What was supposed to be a $1 charge turned out to be an $18 charge! I then reviewed the report. IT WAS TOTALLY INACCURATE! There was a lien on the vehicle that they didn't show on the report that is on file with the DMV and is displayed on the registration! There had been dealer services and recalls that didn't come up. Their report said that the car was totally clean and IT WASN'T. I recommend using a reputable source. Beware!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

The reports do not cost $1!! They are signing you up for a $19/mo service, and presenting that information in a dishonest way. My report had almost no useful information, and I lost an hour of my life to keeping these scammers from taking my money, and now I have to monitor my account as I can't trust them. Big mistake to use this service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

On Nov. 25th I came across carhistory's website online and they had an introductory offer of $1.00 for a single car report. I received the report and it contained one item I was unaware of, but missed many others that should have shown up on the report. They put forward the $1.00 charge to my bank on 11/25/2015 from the state of Alabama, as was the agreement. Four days later they put through an unauthorized charge of $18.95 originating from the state of Texas. I reported it to my bank and asked them to start a fraud investigation into Andy ** at carhistory.us.org.

Mr. ** emailed me today saying he would refund all my money ($18.95 + $1.00); my bank has told me that no refund has come through as of the time I spoke with them. These people put themselves forward as legitimate and they do provide a product (a poor one), but they are actually in the business of making unauthorized charges to people's accounts. If you don't monitor your bank account closely, they will get away with it. I don't know if I will ever get my money back, but I want others to know about this unscrupulous business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2015

Won't find older cars but charge you anyways. Ordered a report for an older car (1965). I went all the way to the end to learn that records prior to 1981 were not available. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE I pay. Won't refund.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I signed up to this site and received the info I needed, but was then charged 18.95 for no reason, I have seen that other people have gotten this and have had it happen multiple times, and I wish to be refunded and have my account removed. I was not informed this charge would be included and have been told by all the agents I spoke to that this charge should not be included.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I shouldn't be surprised that this company spends a lot of time writing fake reviews. Anyway, they operate a large number of websites purporting to be nonprofit vehicle history report sites that will give you a report for $1. Nope. Once you do that, you are directed to their real site at carhistory.us.org where they try to force you to sign up for magazine subscriptions and other services before you can even get to the report. The report itself is just generic vehicle information that can be determined from the VIN (car type, engine type, etc), nothing specific. If you contact support, they will tell you. Surprise! You've actually been signed up for an $18.95/mo service. Now ask yourself. Do you really think the people writing these reviews are happy about that? What does that tell you about a company that spends so much time on fake reviews. I've already filed a complaint with the FTC.

Original review: May 7, 2015

I signed up for searching the history of one (!) car. The charge was advertised as 1$ - before I knew it, there was an additional charge of $18.95 on my credit card. Still not bad, right? - As it turned out, I (however that happened - I have no clue) had signed up for 12 installments of $18.95 / each. As I learned via online chat with their rep, I would have been able to do 25 searches / month. That was not what I needed and it was smuggled in through the back door. I cancelled, right away - will see, if the charges on the credit card will be refunded. I believe I did read all the fine print... Beware - $1 is too good to be true.

Original review: April 28, 2015

Used this site to obtain a free vin # report for a used vehicle after agreeing to a $ 1.00 service fee for use of their server. I checked my credit card and was charged an additional $18.95 for some basic incomplete information. Nowhere on this site did it give you a price and for what you were being charged this fee for. How many complaints must be filed before something gets done. After talking with the customer service person, I found out they were going to take 18.95 for the 12 months for the same report. This is bogus and should be shut down.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I sent for a report last night and got it, was told I only had to pay $1 in which I did, then today I go to take money out the atm and notice about $40 missing. I call my cc company and they tell my that carhistory charged me $18 twice plus the $1 plus 49 cents for every additional info. I contacted them and they gave me one $18 back, and won't seem to give me the other, so I may have to get my attorney involved.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

I ordered the $1 vehicle history report through my mobile phone this afternoon. I waited all day and never got anything on the report even though I received an e-mail saying my report was ready. On top of the report being blank, I noticed my bank account was charged twice. Once for $1.00 which I confirmed, and a 2nd time for $18.95 which I never confirmed. Contacted customer service to ask why and she said that $1 was just the service fee, I signed up for the $18.95. I was never prompted for this? I can't prove it, so I'm stuck with a blank report which is supposedly being sent to my e-mail by a manager 12 hours after I requested it and paying $18.95 + $1.00 for it. Rather disappointed... :(

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I ordered a Car history from this website for the first time and paid $1. I got the report and I was very happy to order all the time from this company, but later on I realized a $18.95 on my account. So BE CAREFUL. THEY ARE THIEVES. It's better to go with Carfax, they are legit company. It's worth to pay a little more, but not to get ripped off by a cheap company like Carhistory.us.org.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Good records. Easy to access.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

First Time user and was skeptical of your service especially the charge of $1.00 when all the others charge $7.00 or more for the same service. I said why not for $1.00 and I was pleasantly surprised how fast and quick it was. Their site was customer friendly and was easy to navigate. I would recommend this if you are purchasing a new or used car.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I stumbled across this web site by checking on my VIN for my car, and when I saw the $1 decided to try it out. I hope that the authorization is only for that amount because I did not agree to be able to check for anything else at any other time, if so I will be contacting Andy ** about it. Other than that the information was to the point and seemed pretty accurate and you cannot beat the price, Cheaper than a McDouble....

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

Awesome service. Had my report in minutes. Definitely helped with purchase.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

CarHistory.us.org provides a very comprehensive report for only $1 per vehicle. This cost allowed me to afford to search multiple times during my used car search. I highly recommend this service to anyone who needs to find out information regarding a car they are looking to purchase.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

I found the report to be pretty much on. The price is very good. Report has a lot of the needed information that I was looking to inquire about my car. I will tell my friends to use this site instead of others.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

Wish there was more detailed information about service records. Also I believe I signed up for the $1 report but it looked like the site was Trying to force the $18.95.. No order confirmation either makes me A bit hesitant..

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Great Company. Got Full report in minutes. Was very easy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Reports generated are pretty detailed and helpful. Customer service is very prompt and useful. Check for VIN number before generating report -- there is no check for the correct VIN number before charging amount.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I was checking the status on a deceased family member's car that was leased and turned back in to the dealership. I didn't know how to start, so I came across this website and was able to find the necessary information for only $1.00 Therefore I was pleased with the results.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

CarHistory.us.org are the best for getting a car history report. And it was very affordable and they give accurate and up-to-date information. I would recommend this site to anyone that is looking for vehicle history before purchasing a used car.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

In trying to find the specs for a vehicle, I visited a number of sites that charge over $15 for any info after they tell you for free that they have found multiple records for your vehicle. Then I found this one. Though a bit lengthy to get to the report, (found myself betting on whether I would finally reach an actual report), I did reach it and got the info I needed. I will definitely put this site on my favs, and recommend to all of my friends. Thank you Carhistory.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information