3.82/5

CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

392 CarHistory.us.org Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2019

A VIN # search is crucial when seeking to purchase a used vehicle. It is well worth the 1 dollar required to view a report. The report is very detailed and in so many different categories I didn't know existed. Theft, Accident, Auto Auctions, Auto Recyclers, Hurricane/Flood, Junk/Salvage Yards, Law Enforcement Agencies, as well as Collision Repair Facilities are just some of the categories you will find in your report. Each category is explained in depth. You will also see a chart for market valve and cost ownership for the vehicle you are researching. So, go ahead and do your research with CarHistory.us.org before purchasing your used vehicle. You won't be sorry!

Original review: April 5, 2019

It was an easy process to request information I wanted and was very inexpensive. Furthermore, the information was formatted in a very readable and understandable way. I also liked how I was given a direct link with a company representative via my cell phone. A message was sent to my cell phone within a couple of minutes asking if the report was satisfactory or if I needed any help understanding any of the information provided.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I went to this site to get information about a vehicle I just purchased. The report was quick and simple. I just had to enter the VIN number and viola, I had me report. There was a $1 fee to get the final report which was well worth the small fee. I've used other types of sites that ran reports on items that forced you to pay an exorbitant fee but would give you a discount if you became a member and opted in to a subscription. Usually these were for reports that you would only run one time unless you were in the business. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and cost effective this site made it for me to check the history of my vehicle.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have been shopping for a used truck online, this is the greatest little value for checking to see if there is a major issue with the unit I've been looking at. It cost a buck and it is worth every cent to know that there hasn't been a major wreck or flood issue and that the reported mileage is reasonable. Heavy trucks have lives that are measured in 100's of thousand of miles and it is very easy to replace a speedometer to provide a lower reading, this group tells you if that is likely and that is another reason to get your reports here before you get a bad shock.

Original review: March 30, 2019

We had already purchased the car. We live in Colorado and the car was located in Ohio. My husband bought the car and found a carrier to haul it. That part of the process took longer for it to arrive. Normally, it is a 3-day wait but in this case, it was a 10 day wait. The car arrived yesterday afternoon. We had some questions about it. So, I checked the website and put it through a report. We were so pleased with the report and the results. The car is exactly the way the owner portrayed it. I would recommend this report site to anyone who is considering buying a car or who, like us, took the chance and purchased one before checking it out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: May 17, 2019

It is very nice to be able to review a car before even going to look at it. Upon entering vin number the report was very informative. I am going to contact the Dealership holding this vehicle and go and look at the car.

Original review: May 15, 2019

After inputting the correct VIN, all went extremely well. Hope my credit card info is not used for anything other than the dollar requested. All parts of the report were great and will make you feel comfortable for your purchase. Report provided quickly.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This report provided the information I was looking for. This report has all the data I was searching for at a reasonable cost especially the age of the vehicle. My main concern was knowing that the vehicle had not been in an accident or salvaged.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I paid the $1.00 for one report and immediately spotted incorrect information. My cars transmission is automatic and report said 5 speed manual. My trim package was the LE not less expensive CE. My fuel capacity is about 11 gals. Not 13.2. So how is a buyer supposed to trust ANY of the info? I was contacted via text to ask if I was satisfied with report and I responded NO and explained why. Received an email apology with instructions to use another site for another report ($24.95) and they would reimburse me. In the meantime I see the charge on my CC is not the $1.00 agreed to, but $18.95. I imagine the whole thing is a scam and they make their money off those folks who don't notice the overcharge. They did (supposedly) refund my money once I complained. Time will tell.

Original review: May 9, 2019

The provided report served to ease many feelings of apprehension, anxiety and frustration I had over some mechanical issues with my truck... a few were unfounded and normal. The Customer Service people were "5 Star" in assisting me and I am full of gratitude. Overall the process was straightforward and informative. I will readily recommend them to my family and friends.

Original review: May 8, 2019

The site gave me more info than I expected. Exceeded my expectations greatly. I feel like me and the car are old friends! And the cost can't be beat. I paid CARFAX (I believe it was) $59.95 to run the VIN on only 2 cars. Calculate what I could have saved if I had known this site existed. Oh well, you live and you learn!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Everything went as expected. My cell phone is not smart - cannot answer text messages. That is the only hiccup in the whole thing. Have not had a chance to look the report over real good, but what I saw, looks real good.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The report is really nice, has lots of various interesting details. Accident history, recall history, registration history, market price. I am very satisfied. I definitely recommend this report to anyone who wants to check a vehicle.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The site seemed legit, I thought I was paying $1 for a report on a car I was driving 1 and a half hours to see. The report said the car was good to go, no accidents, no recalls, no issues... Turns out the car had been in an accident, the airbag light was on, and the owner claimed he forgot to take care of a recalled item... I didn't buy the car. I got the report on April 21st, fast forward to May 1st and I see that they charged me an additional $18.95. I went back to the site and chatted with the online chat rep who told me I must have clicked the option for a monthly $18.95 charge for 19 reports per month... Paula asked if I wanted to cancel and get a refund, I said yes... I'm waiting for the refund. Bottom line, the report was inaccurate, they overcharged me, and check your credit card statement, go back to the site and chat with them to get your refund and stop the reoccurring charge of $18.95. I will say that once I caught it they were quick to respond to my complaint.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Gave me the details I needed to know about this vehicle and very comprehensive and easy to understand. Thank you. It also was very precise and easy to read and it was easy to navigate through the system and to understand.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Got my VIN report in less than 3 minutes. Got what I was looking for that being the theft report. I did receive a detailed list concerning this vehicle. I was satisfied that it did cost 1.00 to get the report, but it was ok with me.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I thought it was a good report, but did not give all info. I really wanted to know how many owners this vehicle has had and has it been to any auctions. I also needed to know if this particular car had been in an accident. I really did not like to put the amount of $1.00 on my credit card.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I love the prompt attention to make sure I got what I needed from this service. I like that I was given the option to customize my needs which was a one time use. Wish every online experience was this awesome. Many thanks!!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

This is the second time using this service, without a doubt helpful and serves its purpose. Keeps the average person from buying a "LEMON". Just as good if not better than the high priced "CARFAX", with the same outstanding results. Have given an A+++ recommendation to my car club.

Original review: April 14, 2019

After putting in the VIN # for a V8 gas vehicle I was told it was a V6 diesel. I don't understand. Was I given the correct information for the vehicle I was looking at? Now I am not sure my report was accurate.

Original review: April 13, 2019

This is not a helpful review. I too thought a dollar was a reasonable amount for a common resource search which I did not have to do myself. In the end I ended up getting charged the 18.95 and had to dispute it with the credit card company. That old adage of 'you get what you pay for' still holds true. Save yourself a headache and pay the price for a reputable outfit.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Found this site online, the best way to validate a car if you're in the market to purchase one. I will recommend this site to anyone. Great job. Darian, thanks for reaching out to me almost instantaneously..

Original review: April 9, 2019

Great availability to check on this car that I have a deposit on and want to buy. Thanks a lot for giving me more information than the dealer could or would give me. The car looks great, but I was nervous so this seals the deal.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Took a long time to log into my account. The vin that I looked up gave me no information on who the owners were or any history on this vehicle. A big waste of time and money! When I do a vin check with Car Fact or other research companies they give a detailed report on the vehicle including any recalls accidents etc. Not with this report.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I couldn't believe all the information the report provided. It was very helpful. The report was very easy to follow and understand. I will refer others to this site. Also, someone contacted me quickly.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Some of the information is incorrect. Completely wrong engine. Engine listed in the report is 5.7 liter V-8 over head valve 16 valve cast iron engine. Which in fact is the wrong engine for this Corvette. This car is a ZR-1 Corvette and the engine it was built with is the LT-5 all aluminum four cam and 32 valve Lotus designed V-8 most info is very generic, just looks like cookie cutter information. Pretty much useless.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Very good VIN report. I checked this review very quick and accurate for this vehicle online same minute, no problems at all. I recommend everyone to consider when checking a vehicle for history report online, you will get this report very quick.

Original review: April 3, 2019

When I went to this site to look up my car's history report I was expecting to find a report that was more detailed. This vehicle is a 2007 and there was literally no records found except 4 past sales on the car. It also said that this vehicle has no history of being a rental, yet it is suspected that the vehicle was owned by Hertz rental. There was no records of where the vehicle has had any maintenance done. I would recommend paying for or asking for the Carfax report.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Quick and concise records. Really didn't learn anything new. I felt the registration search didn't really help in telling origination of vehicle. All in all, well worth the dollar it cost. If you are curious about your own vehicle or one you are considering for purchase from a private seller, this is worth it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Your history research should include basic car info as it was on the original window sticker, so someone like me that is looking at buying a car would have all the info about what was original to the car.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information