4.15/5
Based on 217 reviews that contain star ratings

CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

332 CarHistory.us.org Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

They showed up in an online search as a company offering FREE VIN reports... seems too good to be true? It is! Lol. After entering all your vehicle info, then they inform you that the fee is actually $1 and if ANY site is offering a VIN report for free it will be garbage. So it was $1 and then $19/mo for a year but you can cancel anytime. So I bought it for $1 and immediately used their online chat to cancel... they said I would be charged $18.95! I had to go round and round with the rep to get a refund... she said she would refund the $18.95, I check in 3-5 days she said to see if I actually get the refund!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

They advertise $1 VIN check which is all that I approved. They charged my credit card $18.95 and then 3 days later charged me $1. The website stated the $1 was a donation to keep site open. "Website search below. Check Any VIN - It's Free - Enter VIN - Check Vehicle Free | carhistory.us.org. www.carhistory.us.org/VIN-Check/Official (256) 472-1150. 1) Check The VIN With Free Preview. 2) Full VIN Reports For Only $1. Search Make, Model, VIN · Vehicle Consumer Reviews.

1) Check Any VIN #. 1) Free Preview of A Vehicle VIN. 2) Get Vehicle History Report in $1. 4) Check Your VIN #. 1) Enter VIN - Check Vehicle Free. 2) Get Full Car History For $1. 2) Check Any Truck VIN #. 1) Enter Vehicle Vin. 2) Search Free. 3)Free Preview & $1 Detailed Report. 3) Check Any Vehicle VIN#. 1) Free Preview of A Vehicle VIN. 2) Get Vehicle History Report in $1. 6) Search Any VIN #. 1) Enter Vehicle Vin. 2) Search Free. 3) Get Vehicle History Report in $1. 5) Find Any VIN. 1) Free Preview of A Vehicle VIN. 2) Free Preview & $1 Detailed Report."

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I was looking for a report of a car I saw in a Car Sales Company in my neighborhood. I Entered the VIN, responded to all the questions, got billed, paid and viewed the report. The car WAS properly identified. However, it is a 13 years old car and it had No information about repairs or accidents. So, I entered the VIN of my own car that I KNOW had a couple of minor accidents (no injuries but some body work was needed and the insurance company was involved - so THERE SHOULD be information about it). However, this report ALSO showed no accidents! So, I do NOT really trust this reporting website.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

My fraudulent 18.95 charge showed www.onlinecarreport.com. Same woman answered both numbers. These cockroaches are on the move piggybacking off carhistory.us.org. I was luckier than some who didn't catch until hit with 18.95 a month.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This company should be shut down. CARHISTORY.us.org. What a scam. They say on the website that cost is one dollar. But it's 18.95 and they sign you up for recurring monthly fees without you knowing. So many bad reviews. How does CARHISTORY.us.org not get shut down by the Office of the Attorney General for fraud. In my opinion everyone that works for CARHISTORY.us.org should be charged with fraud and misleading consumers. Every employee at CARHISTORY.us.org should be ashamed of their self.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: July 21, 2018

This company should be called crookcarhistory.org. Told me the report was only a dollar then they charged my credit card $18.95. I wish I would have read the reviews on this site before I paid the dollar, I don't know how they are still in business. They should be shut down. Taking advantage of people like that, THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS.

Original review: July 6, 2018

This company is probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, by scamming unsuspecting customers! Their site claims a FREE Carfax report until you enter all of the requested information. Next, they say it will cost a dollar, and when all was said and done, I checked my bank account and they had immediately charged my account $18.95!! I called them right away and demanded a refund. Now, I regret giving them any of my information, bank card included!! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of what they really do... This company must be stopped!

Original review: June 30, 2018

Even if don't charge $18.95 on top of $1 charge, as one of the posters reported, they are still crocked. They asked for my cell number AFTER I paid with my credit card. Had I known they'd go that far into my privacy, I'd never use this service to begin with. They required my cell "to send a code".

Original review: June 28, 2018

Used their service for the first time. Listed their service as FREE. Once I entered their site there was a $1.00 fee. No problem with that since they provided a comprehensive report on the VIN# provided. The following day I received a notice on my credit card of an $18.95 charge. I reviewed their Terms and Conditions 20+ paragraphs and found no exact fees listed. I immediately contacted them through LIVE CHAT and challenged the charge. They immediately cancelled my account and stated they would refund my charge of $18.95. A follow-up request asking for the precise area on their site that outlines their fees was answered by stating I must have missed the notice of a "upgraded offer". I DID NOT MISS ANY UPGRADED OFFER FOR AN ONGOING $18.95 PER MONTH MEMBERSHIP. Hopefully I will get the initial refund of $18.95.

Original review: May 31, 2018

After listing a car on Craigslist I was contacted by someone from MO that said he was interested in my car and wanted to see it after I sent him the vin title history of my car. He wanted me to use Supremevinchecks.com or Platinumvinchecks.com. I searched on that and it took me to carhistory.us.org. They said it would be a $1 charge but when I entered my credit card information my credit card company gave me an alert and said that they tried to charge me $18.95 and rejected the charge. This is a pretty sophisticated scam with an individual pushing a scam website. I am sure he gets a cut of the action. Watch out!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I took an special; one dollar for one vehicle history report. They charge me full price (unlimited reports) two months. I am disputing charges in my credit card. Do not enter your credit card information for no reason. I cancel, still they charge two months.

Original review: March 16, 2018

My friend was interested in buying a car and had questions on its history so I did a search and came upon this website. It was very quick and the info was very helpful. I was very pleased and to top it off it only cost one dollar. It doesn't get any better than that. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2018

It seems like a good service to check the history of a vehicle in the marketplace. The price is very reasonable. The website seems very easy to use and get around. The reports seem good as well. Anyone looking to check a car's history should use this service.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I was looking for information on a vehicle that I would like to purchase. The information that was provided was exactly what I was looking for. The report was in depth and explained in detail all the items listed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I am 55 years young. I recently purchased a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer last week. It didn't include a carfax report with it. Looking on here was very rewarding. Just knowing there is someone that has my back, by not getting ripped off. I will be telling everyone about. Thank you very much!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am glad I chose this site to find information about a car I’m interested in purchasing. It was very user friendly and cheap — $1.00. The report was very thorough and gives me assurances that if I choose to buy this car, it is a good decision.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

From what I read so far, of this report, I am very pleased to show this to my friend. She recently bought a truck from a disreputable dealer, and I wanted her to have the complete report on the vehicle she purchased. This is a VERY complete report for a VERY reasonable price.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Wanted to find out what happened to my deceased dad's vehicle. Entered my credit card number and the VIN of Dad's card and their research engine gave me absolutely NO new information that I did not already know. I knew that the car was "salvaged" but I do not know exactly what that is with a car. I asked the personnel what that meant and told them several times that the report and I were "disappointed" with the report that they gave me.

When I chatted with Patricia, one of their reps, she referred me to Brian **, who emailed me and referred me to www.autocheck.com. NO one answered my 1 question about a car being "salvaged"! Then an Andy contacted me to let me know that in addition to the $1 charge, I was being charged $18.95 on my credit card for their volume discount package with a savings of $73 per year! What??? I wanted to know about 1 car not look up cars for 1 year, not for $18.95/month and not for a volume discount package! I am trying to have this scam cancelled... it is a ripoff and misleading.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I came across the CarHistory site while searching for information on a car's VIN number. Seeing it was listed as CarHistoryIowa.US.ORG I thought this was a state government information site. If it is I have no way to verify it. Somehow I seriously doubt this site has anything to do with ANY United States Government services or help from same. I got suckered into entering a VIN number to gather information on a used car I was interested in at a cost of $1.00 fee for as they said on the site for filing fee charges. Sounded extremely fair.

After payment I was redirected to this site: MemberReportAccess.com. As it turns out I was SOMEHOW billed for 4 payments of $18.95. The only reason I noticed this was I was trying to find out how to email this report they generated to myself. I saw in my account information I had 24 more I could check on. This didn't sound right so I asked on LiveChat, a link on their site. I asked about this and the person in the live chat told me I had signed up for a years subscription to this supposed service in which I could use it to view 24 VIN's. I proceeded to tell this person I did NOT want this service and thought I had only paid for this $1.00 fee. As it turns out she told me I must have missed the area that said I was signing up for more. Yea right.

I then told her I did not want to subscribe to anything and cancel my subscription. In the meantime they had billed my credit card for the $18.95 installment fee. She agreed to cancel me out of this but said the $18.95 was already billed but would be refunded in 3-5 days. Ok... I figure this is certainly a scam and I have just given out my credit card number. So, I end up calling my bank and canceling my credit card with that number. So in another TEN DAYS I should receive another replacement card from my bank. Great timing.

Conclusion: Whether this site is legitimate or NOT it certainly does not seem like a reputable way to do business. One it's misleading that this is somehow a government-affiliated website. I know, .gov would have been the correct address but being a .org I assumed they were affiliated with the State Of Iowa. (2) The hidden charges would have gone by undetected by me if I hadn't tried to figure out how to have the report sent to my email address (as was suggested on their site) until the next bank statement. So whether these people are legit or not I would NOT risk doing business with a company that misleads its clients to this extent.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

False Ads, first they say it's free and then they what to charge you $1.00 for a Report, I have a card I use for on line payments only and just put $1.00 in it and try to get the one dollar Report! Card was declined, so I know they wanted to take more out than the $1.00 fee, so now they have my number and I have to change my card, nice try CarHistory Pennsylvania.us.org!!! This is a big scam to get your number and charge you monthly, a lot of people would not go thru the hassle to get a dollar back but if you have thousands of people getting rip off that adds to a lot of cash that THEY take from people, they need to be SHUT DOWN! Before other people fall for the scam!!!

Original review: July 13, 2017

They tell you that your report is ready for $1 and after you agree to that, they have a hidden charge of $18.95 they also bill you for. Also, their reports were not accurate. I bought a motorcycle with a SALVAGE title and their report did not even indicate anything about it even though the California DMV title clearly had SALVAGED typed on it. I would stay away from this site.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I saw an ad to check the car history for a $1 while I was in the process of purchasing a used car. I signed up and I got the report stating that the car had a clean title with no accidents at all, with a 36000 miles on the car while the owner had that car advertised to have 160,000 miles. Now I decided to buy the car based on this report knowing the mileage.

However after I bought the car, I found out that I got charged that $1.00 then in addition to that I also got charged another $18.95 which I was never aware of. I took it to Mercedes Benz to find out that the car was involved in an accident so we pulled the Carfax to find out that this was also well advertised on Carfax. I contacted them and I got the full refund. However I still got the car as a result of their false report that was dated to 6 years ago prior to the accident. The supervisor from this agency used excused to justify their wrong doing... Please do never use this agency... They are not correct at all nor honest. The refund number is **.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

They bait you with false information, then make you think you are only going to pay $1.00 for the report but charge you $18.95 without you knowing. When I got the final report the information was also incorrect. If you don't own the vehicle you are looking into this site would be great, but I know some of the info and all of it was not what this site said it was. I would not use this site if I had a second chance.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Bad experience. First they bait you that it's free. Then they ask you what type of report do you want and of course you want the full history report for free! When you're ready to get it they charge you $1.00 but you don't mind because it's cheaper than CARFAX. Once you check your account they actually charge you $18.95 a month. The $1.00 is a down payment on the monthly charge. I called and got my refund the same day. Ask for your full refund, do not accept that you won't be charged for any more months. I was wondering why they offered a $10.00 Amazon card for filling out their survey. When CarHistory.us.org comes up in your search, skip it. They got me but I got them back!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Before agreeing to give the company my credit card, I should have read some of the reviews, become suspicious, and recognized $1 for a VIN report was too good to be true. My SCAM-mer radar should have gone up... Here's my personal experience: CarHistory.us.org charged my credit card for a VIN report, failed to deliver that report, and then their "customer support" refused to acknowledge that CarHistory.us.org charged my card. Their support agent instructed me to send a screenshot of the charge on my statement (which I did) and they'd "get back to me". It's been a week, and... crickets... no response. So I followed up today with a call to their support team. They again refuse to acknowledge that they charged my credit card and asked me to send a screenshot of the statement (again). When I asked them to provide me the VIN report they charged my credit card for, they "can't".

I will be going to my credit card company to fight the charge. It's a LOT of hassle for $1, but now I feel very uneasy with them having my credit card info, and will be flagging them to my bank. Moral of the story is as the saying goes, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is." The story ends with me getting my VIN report... from AutoCheck, which is an Experian company, so I knew it would be reputable. And while the AutoCheck report was $25, after doing some research, I felt the price was a good compromise between some of the budget VIN check online businesses and CarFax, but still providing helpful information about the car I was serious about buying.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

This site advertises FREE!! They are not free! They state they have to charge you $1.00 to get good information. You get crap! I was looking at a salvage title, yet their site showed no accidents. Then I find out the actually charge you $1.00 plus $18.95/month forever!!!! This company is a scam and I have just wasted hours of my life trying to resolve it!

Original review: June 17, 2016

I found Car History online. First I was mislead by reading the service was free. Then they said it was for a $1 donation. I called the number before continuing with the payment to make sure they were for real. I did get a representative but she could not validate whether or not the service was as accurate as other services but they did link to the state DMV. I decided to try it and filled out the payment info. What was supposed to be a $1 charge turned out to be an $18 charge! I then reviewed the report. IT WAS TOTALLY INACCURATE! There was a lien on the vehicle that they didn't show on the report that is on file with the DMV and is displayed on the registration! There had been dealer services and recalls that didn't come up. Their report said that the car was totally clean and IT WASN'T. I recommend using a reputable source. Beware!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

The reports do not cost $1!! They are signing you up for a $19/mo service, and presenting that information in a dishonest way. My report had almost no useful information, and I lost an hour of my life to keeping these scammers from taking my money, and now I have to monitor my account as I can't trust them. Big mistake to use this service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

On Nov. 25th I came across carhistory's website online and they had an introductory offer of $1.00 for a single car report. I received the report and it contained one item I was unaware of, but missed many others that should have shown up on the report. They put forward the $1.00 charge to my bank on 11/25/2015 from the state of Alabama, as was the agreement. Four days later they put through an unauthorized charge of $18.95 originating from the state of Texas. I reported it to my bank and asked them to start a fraud investigation into Andy ** at carhistory.us.org.

Mr. ** emailed me today saying he would refund all my money ($18.95 + $1.00); my bank has told me that no refund has come through as of the time I spoke with them. These people put themselves forward as legitimate and they do provide a product (a poor one), but they are actually in the business of making unauthorized charges to people's accounts. If you don't monitor your bank account closely, they will get away with it. I don't know if I will ever get my money back, but I want others to know about this unscrupulous business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2015

Won't find older cars but charge you anyways. Ordered a report for an older car (1965). I went all the way to the end to learn that records prior to 1981 were not available. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE I pay. Won't refund.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information