2. Miscellaneous

4.1/5 (381 ratings)

About CarHistory.us.org

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

CarHistory.us.org Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Pretty decent report. I am a little bit annoyed it originally said the report was free then charged me, however the report was only $1 but you have to make sure you cancel the monthly subscription right away or you will be charged $19/month. Report included all the recalls, as well as a title check to make sure the car was not stolen or does not have a salvaged title.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Not bad and I was not tricked into spending 29.99 for a report. I did spend a $1 and received more info than I expected. Other people can be hard to please but remember, they were the ones searching for info lol. Nothing bad to report and would use the service again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

The report was very cheap to purchase. The main thing I needed was the owner of the vehicle which was not provided. Before I started the section it said it could provide the owner history but was not provided.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

The experience was a very good experience for me. It was not hard to understand the information, very quiet to fill out the information. I will recommend this online service for need one. So go get your report.

Original review: June 22, 2021

The site reports that you will be charged 1.00 for the report, which is just a generic report. You will be charged 18.95 on your card. I have read other bad reviews and they state they will charge you 18.95 a month.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Back in November of 2020 I went to use their service. However, they advertise as a dollar but in the fine print you are automatically enrolled in the 19.00 upgrade (so pay attention and uncheck that box). I contacted them immediately when I noticed. Which was about a day or 2 later. The card I used was a Visa gift card. The company said they would issue me a refund, I thanked them and went on my day. In February I went to use that gift card again and it was showing zero balance, turns out the card is non reloadable. So I reached out again, upset that they didn’t contact me to say there was issue (a respectable business should have). Here we are in May of 2021 and still no refund. They keep saying they mailed it. Yup have been mailed 3 checks now. So IDK what the issue is, I told them I moved gave them my new address still nothing. This company is a scam. Thank god I used a gift card who knows how many times they would have charged it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I was looking for a car report, I chose the one report for $1. They charged my credit card $18.95. I did not catch it right away, and they continued to scam me for months. This site is a big scam to trick you into giving them your credit card number. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

Original review: July 13, 2020

They claim to check your vehicle history by VIN for $1. Instead what they do is try and sign you up for some kind of subscription for $18.95 a month after that $1. The report they deliver is useless. I ran it on my own vehicle and it showed no records of the repair history and it said it had no insurance reported collision history even though my vehicle does not have 1 record of that. Total scam job. When I asked for a refund they did a lot of dodging and kept asking for the same info over and over. The people running the site should be put in jail for the thieves and scammers they are.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I wish I had found this site prior to going to this website. The site says it will cost $1.00 for the VIN report. Even explains why they charge you $1.00. However, I was charged $18.95 through another company, ** for a 12 payments of $18.95 installment plan. I contacted onlinevinlookup. They said I selected an upgrade from the $1.00 service, but I am sure I did not. They cancelled the service and processed a refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Their ad indicates for $1.00 you can receive a vehicle history report. In my case like others have mentioned in their reviews, I had been charged $18.95 and would be charged that amount each month for being an active member. When I called customer service about this charge I was informed of this and that this was the service I had signed up for. I am absolutely 100% sure that I did not want or request this service. When asked if I would like to be removed from their service I replied yes and was then told I would no longer be billed. I assumed I would be receiving a credit which was never mentioned in the conversation.

Not seeing a refund I contacted Visa and filed a charge dispute. I was put on hold for several minutes and then informed that a refund was granted. Regarding the vehicle report that was provided, it might be worth one dollar. My report did not indicate that the car was a repossession, that it had been sold through an auction and did not have a category for known repairs.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information