2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

Considering a used car? Give us the VIN number and we can provide you with pertinent and reliable information such as the correct odometer reading, number of past owners, and accident history. Our database includes history reports for vehicles from all around the world and tips from experts that will alleviate some of the anxiety involved in making your purchase. Buying a used car involves risk, and we endeavor to provide our customers with the facts they need in order to make an informed decision.

CarHistory.us.org Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHistory.us.org?

Original review: July 13, 2020

They claim to check your vehicle history by VIN for $1. Instead what they do is try and sign you up for some kind of subscription for $18.95 a month after that $1. The report they deliver is useless. I ran it on my own vehicle and it showed no records of the repair history and it said it had no insurance reported collision history even though my vehicle does not have 1 record of that. Total scam job. When I asked for a refund they did a lot of dodging and kept asking for the same info over and over. The people running the site should be put in jail for the thieves and scammers they are.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I wish I had found this site prior to going to this website. The site says it will cost $1.00 for the VIN report. Even explains why they charge you $1.00. However, I was charged $18.95 through another company, ** for a 12 payments of $18.95 installment plan. I contacted onlinevinlookup. They said I selected an upgrade from the $1.00 service, but I am sure I did not. They cancelled the service and processed a refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Their ad indicates for $1.00 you can receive a vehicle history report. In my case like others have mentioned in their reviews, I had been charged $18.95 and would be charged that amount each month for being an active member. When I called customer service about this charge I was informed of this and that this was the service I had signed up for. I am absolutely 100% sure that I did not want or request this service. When asked if I would like to be removed from their service I replied yes and was then told I would no longer be billed. I assumed I would be receiving a credit which was never mentioned in the conversation.

Not seeing a refund I contacted Visa and filed a charge dispute. I was put on hold for several minutes and then informed that a refund was granted. Regarding the vehicle report that was provided, it might be worth one dollar. My report did not indicate that the car was a repossession, that it had been sold through an auction and did not have a category for known repairs.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

This company is a big SCAM. The report they sent is the same you can get for free at the government website. They will request your credit card for 1 dollar report and will start using under different names to charge you multiple times. When you call the number in your credit card charge they will pretend to help you. They don't work for any of these companies. They are only a Customer Care Center for over 300 companies and what they said it is not truth. BE AWARE! STAY ALERT!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Read another reviewer on this site that had was also billed for 18.95. After submitting my credit info I checked my credit card account to find they had overcharged. At that time I decided not to check the "continue" button to receive my report. It's possible that once you hit that button that you have a whole new problem. I called the number listed (when there are problems) and they refunded entire amount without question (just to appease me/you). Problem is, many people never check their billing info. They are scammers. I sell cars for a living and always get texts/spam from people like this about car histories.

Now I know how they scam people works first hand. They now have my credit card information but missed out on their "law of averages" that I would not check my credit card debit amount. Please, please don't waste your time or compromise your credit card info. If you decide to risk it, you will need to change your credit account # immediately. Avoid this site.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The site states there is only a $1 charge to get comprehensive VIN report. When I did, my credit card company notified me there was an $18.95 charge to my card. Nowhere on the site was there any information about $18.95 charge. I immediately call the customer service line to demand a refund. If they had been upfront about the $18.95 charge, I would have my apt to buy the report but since they were misleading, I don't trust this site.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Very fast and very helpful looking for info on your car. And for a dollar you can't beat it. Was able to see the history on the car if it's been stolen or what the dealer was asking for it at the dealership.

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2019

I wrote a review on 11/4 on the bait and switch of price. I am happy to report the company fix the issue quickly after I reported my concerns. Canceled the membership and promise to repay the $18.95 they took out of my bank. They apologized for the mix up. It is nice that this companies is ethical in their practice. I am satisfied that they honored their price of the report and that the report help me find a useful vehicle. Thank you for fixing the issue so fast and providing a option on the market with a reasonable price to assess autos for sale. I am a Happy customer, I changed my prior review and give the company a 5.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I was inform by online for $1 I could get this report. Then to be notify that it is 12 months of 18.95 by a text message. This was a complete lie by the company. They have false advertisement. Nowhere was a price of 12 months for $18.95. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! J **

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Found this company to look a vin up. The only one that didn't charge an arm and a leg and it was good info. I would so recommend other use this company before purchasing their next vehicle. Definitely helped us.. Thanks again!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

This is my first time using this site and it was fast, easy and accurate. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a vehicle history report and doesn't want to pay a lot of money like CarFax or autocheck. You get the same information for a lot less money...It's only a buck and you can't go wrong.

CarHistory.us.org Company Information