Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.8/5 (321 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Carfax

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carfax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?

Original review: April 12, 2021

This is a great way to look at cars And another way to see what others are saying about the cars with the looks and process. This also helped me buy another car because it describes how it was going to work out.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Carfax provides the most up to date information on autos; a great site to research for buyers. You can also provide input and updates on your vehicle. Most auto dealers use, in fact dealers generally mention and recommend using Carfax for customers to check out used inventory. Carfax data on vehicles are almost always seen on auto dealer websites.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Carfax is an excellent company. I have nothing but great things to say. Excellent, friendly customer service & very quick to resolve issues. They emailed me back in a few hours & my problem was resolved immediately. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My salesman Todd ** Is a top notch salesman. His level of expertise is one of a kind. If you are looking for a newly used car Todd is your man! You can find Todd @ George’s used cars, located in Brownstown Michigan. Out of 5 stars I rate Todd a 6????

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Carfax cannot (does not) tell you that the "executive demonstrator" you are thinking of purchasing was actually a dealer lease vehicle, and also served as a loaner. And if the vehicle is damaged and repaired by the dealership Carfax would also not have that information.

Original review: July 21, 2021

My Mini Van has a wrong accident reported in the history report I got from Carfax. I have been contacting carfax customer care through their website and no response in a week. This erroneous report has affected the sale of the Van and loss of value

Original review: July 20, 2021

Waiting on a new title from NY Carfax for My new vehicle. We have now been waiting 3 weeks. When others have came within days. Really ridiculous and unprofessional. Response time says typically 7-10 days.

Original review: July 5, 2021

When I bought my car it was “Clear CARFAX”, and now after 4 years, CARFAX says there was an accident 4 years before I bought my car, it was reported 3 months after I bought the car. Carfax is a total bogus, does not mean **. Don’t waste your time and money on them.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I ran a Carfax report and as you know they not free. Well I trusted the report. Bought the vehicle and to my bad luck it was reported stolen before I bought. Now I lost the vehicle, my money I spent for it and the money I spent for the report and nothing I can do. Shame you have to spend money for an incorrect vehicle report but this is an experience for me that vehicle was reported stolen and wrecked and carfax didn't catch it.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I’d give it 0 stars if I could. I’ve spent over a week now trying to get a false damage report on my vehicle removed. With provided proof that nothing was damaged. In August I had purchased a new GT4 bumper for my Porsche and had it installed not only did they report the date on 7/7 which is the incorrect date (it was installed on Aug 17th and quoted on 5/7). They also reported my car was damaged. I still own the original bumper which is in perfect condition and have the receipts from the shop not to mention am good friends with the owner of said shop.

Carfax still has not removed the false report. They say they are not reliable for false reports, however they are reliable for false reports when provided evidence proves otherwise. Not only is this now a defamation case it’s complete fraud. You can’t be the “standard” when it comes to accurate car history reporting and do fraud reporting claiming it’s not your fault. I urge everyone to never trust Carfax reports ever again. I can’t be the only one who has experienced this.

Carfax author review by Emma Simon

CarFax is well known for providing comprehensive vehicle history reports that detail all previous damage and ownership history. It works with over 28,000 dealerships nationwide to sell a variety of used cars. You can sign up for alerts on recalls and necessary maintenance reminders to make sure your car is in tip-top shape. The accompanying mobile app receives strong reviews from users.

• Helpful filter options: Filter CarFax’s selection of vehicles by year, make, model and additional features to help you find the right car.

• Free vehicle history report: This detailed history report, CarFax’s most famous offering, lets you know just about everything about your car, from damage history to prior owners to warranty information.

• Keep track of what your car needs: With CarFax, you can sign up for alerts on recalls, find reliable service shops near you and stay alert on when your car needs maintenance.

• Filter by owner history: With CarFax’s filters, you can opt for a car with no accidents or a car with just one previous owner.

• Highly rated mobile app: CarFax’s mobile app can help you find a used car or search a vehicle’s history right from your phone.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Carfax Company Information