Universal City Nissan

Los Angeles

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could give them a negative star, I would! Very deceptive selling practices! I went in 4/22/16 to get a replacement vehicle for a Honda Insight, hybrid, that got over 50 mpg hwy, over 43 mpg city. After talking to Lawrance ** on the telephone before going in I told him that I had no money to put down, that I needed a vehicle with comparable mpg as my Insight. He said he could get me into a car no problem, with no money down. Went to dealership and looked at a Nissan Altima, but he ended up saying I needed to put money down, to which I responded that I don't have any money to put down so we don't have a deal, as I told you over the phone, and again when I arrived at the dealership.

Mr. ** asked me about getting an electric car. I told him I knew nothing about electric cars. He shows me a Nissan Leaf which on the sticker advertised 108 mpg equivalent hwy, and 124 mpg equivalent city. He proceeds to dangle the carrot in front of me about; never having to put gas in the car, no smog checks or oil changes, that the federal government would give the dealership $9,600.00 to them which I could use for a downpayment, and the state of California would give me $2,500.00 because it is an electric car.

Mr. ** never gave me full disclosure about the daily requirements of owning an electric car which are as follows; you cannot charge your vehicle overnight if you live in an apartment, that depending on how hot or cold the weather is, your vehicle will only get between 60-87 miles with a full charge. You are only allowed to charge your car with a supercharger once a day because it can ruin your battery and that it takes between 30 minutes to an hour to charge the vehicle. After going 60-87 miles in a day (I many times drive more than that in a day), I would have to use a "slow charger" which takes 2-4 hours to become fully recharged!

You who are reading this review don't know me, but, do you think that had I known this, that I would trade in a vehicle that I could drive for at least 350 miles before having to fill up in 15 minutes time maximum, for a vehicle that I would have to charge every 60-87 miles or so, and take anywhere between 2-4 hours after the initial charge so I could carry on with my work day? I had to miss mt grandson's high school graduation, because of the amount of times I would need to charge, coupled with the needing to spend 2-4 hours to charge my vehicle, so that I could complete the minimum 160 mile round trip that it would take! I have missed doctor appointments because I didn't have enough time to charge my car ahead of time. The general manager, several sales/finance managers and salesmen have all said this was wrong, yet Universal City Nissan will not do the right thing and let me out of this lease!

The sales manager and one of sale made contract to get Nissan Sentra. I sign all paper works and bring the check $2000 and my statement of the last 3 month accounts bank and they don't give the car because they need to do something. Is almost 3 days after the deal and I call this people and don't want answer. They try to do business under table. I talk about Jacob the Egyptian man and Victor **. I want to know what happens with the contract and my check and bank papers work.

Mickey, the Internet Sales Manager and the Finance Department at Universal City Nissan illegally dinged my credit with a hard inquiry after I decided not to buy a car with them and after I left the dealership just to screw with me because I walked out of the transaction and told them NOT TO RUN MY CREDIT. They did it anyway, because these people are awful human beings who don't care about you and only want your $. I've never experienced something so blatantly illegal and unethical especially from such a big company. But what can I do? It's impossible to somehow "prove my case" and have the mark taken off my credit history. Thanks a lot Mickey and Universal City Nissan :) hopefully you can post this review on your sales wall with all of the others!!!

1st we went to get a 2011 Nissan Leaf. The deal was done. We felt good about it but then we get a mysterious phone call saying that our car was defective and that they cannot sell us the car. So they got us back in there and they put us in a "Newer" car but they bumped up our payments. The newer car was a 2013 Nissan Leaf. The salesman was Abraham. (Horrible, horrible person!) He told us that the car would charge to over 100 miles per charge and that the car came with a Normal charger. He said the normal charger would only take 8 hours to full charge our car. We drove off the lot with it and all hell broke loose.

The car would only get 80 miles per charge and the "Normal" charger didn't take 8 hours - it took over 21 hours! The miles would deplete at a rapid rate and when we took it in to another mechanic, they told us that the car battery was defective. We barely made it back to the dealership and told Abraham and he told us to our face we were screwed. He didn't even offer to put us in another car. He was rude and didn't want to rectify the situation he has caused. Since we still had not finalized all of the paperwork and no payments have been made nor are any due on the car, we gave back the keys to the receptionist, and left it right there at the dealership.

Since then Abraham has made several harassing phone calls saying that they were going to repo the car even though our 1st payment was not due until the following month. So when we asked to speak to the finance company Abraham hung up the phone. We were assured by people in finance that there would be a resolution and we have not heard anything back for over 2 weeks. We finally get a phone call asking where we would like the car to be registered and to what address. We saved the message because we know you cannot sell lemons to people and that message only proves that they are not interested in upholding any ethical business practices.

So we have gotten a lawyer and we are going to get these guys and make sure they don't do this to anyone else! DO NOT BUY FROM UNIVERSAL CITY NISSAN! Abraham is the worst car salesman. How that guy sleeps at night knowing he hurts people for a living is beyond my understanding! AGAIN DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR UNIVERSAL CITY NISSAN!

I bought a car, my credit didn't go through. I got another car - my deposit was supposed to go on second deal. Few weeks later get a call that they refund my money. Now they want to repo my car after I made more than 3 payments on my car. I ask for arrangements and they say no. Robert in collection dept is the guy I talked to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Universal City Nissan?

Three years ago I leased a Sentra. My lease expired in March and they started calling me asking me to come in. I said I am thinking of purchasing my car. The girl said, "ok just come in." On June 6, 2015 I went to the dealership and as soon as I got there a gentleman named Jeff came up to me and asked me if he can help. I said "I have a 12pm appointment with Amy." He said "I will get her." She came down and said "Jeff will take care of you." He took us to the lot. I said "where are we going?" He said "I want to show you the new Nissan Sentra's." I said "I am returning my lease and want to purchase it." He said "just let me show you the new one." So I said OK.

After seeing the car he took me into the office. Then Isidro the salesman came and introduced himself and I told him I was thinking of buying my lease. He left, came back and then said "the buy out is $9400." If I were to purchase this car it would be 9400 plus the over mileage of $4,600 because I had gone over 36,000 miles @ $.15/mile, plus tax and interest would be almost as if I purchased a new car. I was stupid to trust him. So I purchased the new car and not until I went to insure the car that I found out that I did not have to pay the over mileage if I was going to purchase my leased car.

Listen to everyone else and do not go to Universal City Nissan. I was interested in leasing a 2014 Nissan Sentra as advertised for no money down and $199/mo, so I called and made an appointment. I explained to the salesperson that because I'm Canadian and have only been living in the US for about 2 years my credit history is very good, but it's short. I explained that I did NOT want them to run my credit report because I needed to be sure that I could actually afford the car before my credit was affected, so I just wanted them to let me know what I would have to pay (I knew my credit history might mean that I'd have to pay some down payment - and I was willing to pay $1000). It was never explained to me that it was not a possibility for them to not run my credit.

After an hour of intense pressuring and intimidation, I was no longer even being sold what I went there for - a 2014 Sentra, no money down, 199/mo. - at this point, they were trying to sell me on a 2014 Versa Note (with manual windows), 2500 down, plus I had to trade in my 1998 ford escort AND pay 253/mo. When I wouldn't give in to the pressure of signing up for a car that I didn't even want, **, the sales guy, comes back with a folder of credit rejections from multiple banks. He had FIVE banks do hard inquiries into my credit history. This was on August 16, 2014; two weeks later I saw that my credit score has dropped by 88 points. EIGHTY-EIGHT POINTS. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. From good credit to just below average. It's not worth it because you don't want what they're selling anyways. MANUAL WINDOWS?? REALLY??

** did not tell me what my credit score was that day and he did not give me the file of credit inquiries and information that he had taken from me, which I now found out is illegal. He has to tell me the credit score he got for me and to give me a copy of everything that he has on me. Do your homework and find another dealership that plays by the rules.

They advertise if you make $350 a week, then you are "approved". I make $1200 every week, so you'd think I'd be fine. They told me I was approved and everything was solid - but also told me that if I signed the papers, waiving my "cooling off period" and buying gap insurance, then they wouldn't change their mind about the financing. So I agreed. They have 10 days to legally inform you there's a problem with the loan. But they waited 28 days instead because they were trying to get the other $2,000 down I promised them at 30 days.

Their finance department would call from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. which is illegal. So is calling from different phone numbers, blocked numbers, and calling every hour on the hour to try and get me to answer. I'm in doctor's offices all day and I don't answered blocked calls. When I'd ask them to put something in writing - they'd just keep calling every hour from a different phone number until I'd answer. After illegally towing my car - they are still trying to keep the down payment. They spoke to a friend of mine about this situation which is a violation of my privacy as well as the Consumer Debt Protection Act.

They are using an illegal towing company because they don't have the legal papers to have the car towed in the first place. When I called the police to find out who towed it - they told me that Nissan didn't even have the legal papers to sell me the car in the first place, which is why they repossessed the car. Then I checked the carfax and they are selling that car every two weeks. So clearly they're making more money off the down than selling cars and this is a total rip-off.

Service department (rep) advised me my warranty was not covered for my brakes and other stuff my car needed for repair. Usually when I drop off my car my rep who always helps me out (Nazario) mean while my car is the shop he provides me a rental. This guy who helped me told me I was supposed to purchase an item to get rental for free. Then he told me to sign three pieces of paper, didn't explain to me exactly what I was doing. I had told him to fix whatever was under warranty anything else I would call him for permission. This rep not only used my signature to do the brakes which cost me $280 with the labor. When I went to pick up my car after work around 5pm, nobody was in service to help me with the rental return. No advisor to explain to me what was done and if they fixed my car issues I had. Very upset; then cashier stated I had to pay $280 for brakes. This is not right; this advisor not only took my money but did my brakes with out my consent. The manager stated they had my signature and that was there proof that I okay them to do brakes. I am going to fight this matter. Not only are they robbers but they don't explain correct and they have the worst customer service ever!!!!!!!! I will definitely spread the word to my friends and tell them they are good and thefts.

The worst experience ever. To make a long story short, I found a great price on the internet for a 2014 Pathfinder. Called dealership to confirm price and was told price of 23977 for white with charcoal interior was available. Called all during week. Yes still available. Was called at 9 am on Sunday to confirm appointment and again asked if priced vehicle was there. Yes still available. Get there and after 3 hours get told vehicle was sold on Friday. That was the bait. Now for the switch. They talk me into the same color same interior vehicle. After much haggling agree to 26400 plus 9000 for my trade 3.99% @60 months. Forty five minutes later deal changed to 29900 and 8000 trade which is a price difference of 4500. So another switch. Trust me, Universal City Nissan, I will be blowing up the internet until you make this right.

In December 07, bought a car in this Dealer, but on the following day I realized that there was one vehicle newer and cheaper than that they had sold to me, to two days after I went to the dealer to consult if they could change me the vehicle because there's another one newer and cheaper but I was surprised that the car could not be changed because it was already my property, that they could not cancel the contract because it had declined the option of cancellation which was never explained to me, but thanks for the words that the sales manager Isidro said to me: "Here we are to sell vehicles not to educate the client" who made me feel like an ignorant person and so much disappointed of the service that they provided.

I told Universal Nissan that I could not afford to purchase a vehicle from them less than 24 hours after meeting with them. However, they put a contract through and furthermore on a car that I did not inquire about. I do not have a car from Universal Nissan nor do I want to business with them ever. I cannot afford to buy a car. I have numerous fraud on my credit report and am trying to straighten this out - nor do I have the money to do any business with them. Now, I will have to file a complaint with several agencies in regard to this matter. I have spoken to an attorney and an ex-Nissan employee. I was told to inform the State Attorney's Office. This constitutes fraud and harassment. This dealership has numerous negative complaints against them. I have been contacted to send my complaint as a class action package to the State Attorney's Office. I am really tired of them calling me.

Tell the internet people to stop calling me and to remove that contract matter from my credit file. I do not have their car and did inform them less than 24 hours that I will not purchase a car. The government will send a surveyor in to assess the matter. They have continually made the situation worse by continuing to contact me. The contact will go through Nissan Corporate, Nissan Consumer Affairs, US Consumer Affairs, State Attorney's Office and Federal Trade Commission. One of these related agencies will contact Universal Nissan.

I have texted and emailed to cease contact with Linda to no avail. I received a call from someone claiming to be Kyla on 10/14/2012. Just seeing the number or anything from Nissan is making me sicker. I have spoken to other Nissan dealerships, and they are also aware of this awful dealership. One person who is in the class action package told me that she was told by Nyla that no one cares about her complaining because Universal Nissan is #1 in sales. Go to Yelp and come to my neighborhood to inquire about Universal Nissan. No one says anything good about this place. Please have those people unwind any fraud paperwork that was submitted. Cease and desist all contact!

Mismatched pricing that's confusing and unfair: I had scheduled an online appointment to service my car for an oil change. On the dealer's web page and printout page, it stated $0.00 for the service fee once I had completed the appointment request. Once at the service department and my car was serviced, I was charged $27.11. What happened? I thought I was getting a complimentary oil change service, since the printout page from the web stated $0.00 for the fee.

I'm very bothered with this matter. Is this what is called "false advertisement?" I have been taking my car to this service department, Universal City Nissan, ever since I bought my car back in June 2004. I'm happy with the repairs and work performed on my Altima 2005, but I'm very unhappy with this situation. Also, I know my car has a recall for a "reset button" that's behind the engine. This reset button should be taken care of every time the oil change service is done; otherwise, the starter will have a hard time getting the car started. In the past, I was told by the dealer that this issue was not a recall; but it is. I did my research. Oh, and when I called Nissan Corp. to ask about this recall, they denied it. Interesting, isn't it?

I was searching for a new car. My plan was to visit as many dealerships as required until I could get the deal I was looking for. I pulled a copy of my credit report in Feb. in preparation. I brought a copy of the report with me to Universal City Nissan. I was asked to complete an application in order to show I was serious about purchasing. I did complete a credit application but had a 5-minute conversation agreeing that they would not pull my credit until we could agree on a sales price. My credit score was lowered because of the extra activity.

I went into the dealer and filled out an application. The sales manager Tony and Hamit told me they were going to submit my application to the Nissan Bank. But in order for me not to lose the bonus $500 that was going to expire on 09/02/09, they told me that I had to sign a printed contract for the car at that moment when I was there on 09/01/09. So they printed out the contract for the car they supposedly financed me for and I signed it, but they never gave me a copy nor did I take the car from their lot.

They told me they would call me the next day which would be 09/02/09 and let me know whether the bank approved my loan or not. And I even told them that don’t make any sense, "How can you guys make me sign a contract for a car I'm not going to take out from the lot today?" They simply said, "So that we don’t lose the $500 bonus that will expire today," which pretty much didn’t make sense. They called me on 09/02/09 and told me that I wasn't approved but they still have the contract that I signed for on 09/01/09.

I am Margaret **, daughter and Power of Attorney for Joe **. On or about January 26, 2008, my father's son in law and step daughter (Steven & Gina **) came to his residence with a salesman from Universal Nissan. He(my father) was asked to CO-SIGN for a vehicle, which he did. Unbeknownst to him the documents actually list him as owner not co-signer. He never provided any background info such as income, job status etc. According to Nissan Motor Finance, all the information in their file, purported to be my father's information is false. Once the contract was signed, the salesman gave the keys to the son in law and step daughter. A copy of the contract was not furnished to my father. I later obtained a copy. I cannot believe that Nissan would have qualified my father who is 79 years old, with a sole source of income of $900 from SSA for a $500+ monthly car payment, even as a co-signer.

I bought a used car from this dealer on september 7, 2007.
I gave them the amount they asked me for( $1,000)They asked for the proof of insurance which I didn't have at that time, I attempt to leave the place but they insisted that it was no problem that they wanted to sell that car to me but that I needed to get insurance, wich I did including as beneficiary the bank that lended the money for the car ( wachovia)now universal city nissan is charging me for the same insurance and they are sending this account to collection, for $250.00.

I signed a document they presented to me saying that I knowleged that I needed to show a liability insurance for registration purpose, now they say that this document was an insurance they were selling to me.

This dealership hase many many commericals claiming that :your job is your credit" when i went down there to get a car, i showed them my paycheck stub showing i made enough money. I also worked at my job for over 2 years. before they would even show me a car, they ran my credit and told me that they couldnt do anything for me. My credit was not that great and that is what we went there for. I then left this delaership and went to another where i was able to purchase a car.

On 9/15/2002 I bought a used 2002 Nisan altima.

When i bought this car the vehicle came with the manufacturers alarm system. The finance manager sold me a Code alarm system for the mount of 221.00 dollars. This guy told me that if my car was ever stolen as long i owned the car the alarm company would give me 2000.00 dollars plus 500.00 dollars in personnal items with proof of loss. My car was stolen in the month of june 2004 and was declareed a total lost by my insurance in july 2004. The vehicle was never recovered.

I tried filling a claim with code alarm as soon as if found out the car declared a total loss. I was informe by the alarm that I couldnt file a claim because my alarm policy was only good for one year after the car was purchased. They also faxed me a owners manual for my alarm system that they said i should have received from the dealer where I bought the car from. It does state that the alarm policy is only good for one year. I personally spoke to a finace manager from the dealer the following day and informed him of my situation. He refered me to the person who sales them the alarm systems. I faxed this person a copy of my sales contract & police report as he requested. After abouta weekhe called me back and informed me that he spoke to the code alarm company but couldnt do anything for me but install a new alarm system on another car when ever i replaced my car free of charge.

I filed a complain with the better bussines bureau on 9/2/04 and till this day universal city nissan has not responded.

I bought a 2004 Nissan titan back on June 28 2004. As part of the deal I was going to trade in my 1995 GMC safari van. But at the time I didnt have the pink slip yet and I was to get them the pink slip a few months later. Scince I didnt have the pink slip they had me write a check for $1500.00 that they would hold until I gave them the pink slip. Well they cashed the check and I was told that when I give them the pink slip I would get my $1500.00 back. Now I have been trying to get them to honor the deal and give them the pink slip and they wont do it they told me to pick up the van and I have to do it before 5pm. Also they say the van doesnt run any more. It ran when I took it to them and it was after 5pm when they made the deal. I work and there is no way I can get over there before 5pm.

All I want them to do is give me my $1500.00 back when I give them the pink slip. Phillip wont return my calls anymore and tells me he has no power to do anything but yet he was the one that made the deal.

I bought a truck about 6 months ago and a week after I bought the truck I noticed that the rear driver side tire was flat, as I looked closer I noticed that there was a huge tear in the tire and a piece of the tire was mssing. I then took the truck back and requested that they replace the tire at no charge to me. The financial manager then accused me of hitting a curb or something, but hwever if I had done so there would have been scratch marks on the tire and there were none present. So then he proceeded to inform me that I may have to pay for replacing the tire and at that point I argued with him and they finally agreed to repalce it at no charge and they would call e when the tire was in due to the fact that they had to order it. I never heard back from them and when I did contact them they had no record of the incident. And about 1 mpnth ago I went to have an estiamte done on the truck for a lift kit to be put on and the estimator where I took the truck mentioned that the front end of the truck was no aligned correctly and the frame was bent. I continued to contact the dealer and all I recieved was the run around. As of yet I have not been able to get this resolved.

I purchased a pre-owned 2002 Nissan Altima at Universal City Nissan on January 12, 2003. My credit is not that great, but their motto is "Your job is your credit". For the next two months I received phone calls at work and home regarding not being to find finaning for my car. The calls were constant. One minute, they think they found someone. The next minute, they couldn't. On March 13, 2003, a tow truck company came to my door at six am in the morning saying they were from Universal City Nissan. They took my car. My father had a conversation with someone from the dealership the evening before stating we would bring the car in the following day. I was refunded my down payment minus the 300 tow fee. Not to mention sent to Gardena to pick up the remaining items in the car. They are calling this an unvoluntary repossession, even though I wasn't financed.

I traded in my vehicle which was a 1992 Honda Accord Station Wagon and purchased a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE on December 30, 2001. I owed $6000.00 on my Honda Accord which Nissan paid off. The purchase price of the 1997 Pathfinder was 22,613.00. At the time of purchase I asked the question to Carlos Mison, Finance Manager if the car had ever been in an accident, he stated that the car had not been in an accident but the car had minor frame damage which was possibly from hitting a rock. He stated that the damage was so minor that it was not noticeable and if the car had serious damage that Nissan would not have it up for sale. That comment made since to me so I was persuaded and said okay. After driving the truck for more than a week I starting here a clicking sound when I pressed on the accelerater. I decided to take the car to have it inspected and I was informed that the vechicle had been in an accident on the right side with major 100% frame damage. The job of the workmanship was very poor. The paint job was poorly done, the muffler and be repaired (welded) and the front frame had battery acid drips where the frame had rusted where it would lose the intergrity of the frame.

I went to Universal Nissan last night to speak with the General Manager, Bob Bailey who was not available. I did talk with Ken another manager and the sales person who sold me the vechicle, his name is Shervin Khosravy. I requested that I turn in the car and be refunded my down payment, document preparation fee, selling fee, sales tax and my trade in and license fee. The offer was denied by Ken, which I'm not sure of his last name but he's a manager. They offered to put me a another Pathfinder which cost 21,000 was less than my damaged car but they request an additional $2500.00 when I already put $2700.00 down plus my trade in of the Honda, the 2nd vechicle was less than the first and they are request more money which I don't have. I stated that I would like to have my refund and go some where else because I was misinformed, persuaded or lied to. I feel I was mistreated and need your assistance. The total price of the car with financing equals $35,337.77 with 100% frame damage and I would like a refund.

Universal City Nissan Company Profile