Rock Honda, Fontana, CA
  • 1 star
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Rock Honda, Fontana, CA

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 7, 2017

20 Rock Honda, Fontana, CA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've made several calls to this facility. Took my car in today. Totally dissatisfied. Extremely unprofessional customer service PBX operators. The whole service department should be reevaluated. It is sad to say they hire only experienced unprofessional personnel. Especially the young women who are probably either fresh out of high school or never finished high school and have the audacity to cough in your ear while they're talking to you not even excuse themselves. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody. I plan to list this on every social media I can get my hands on. Sadie Capo' Daily Bulletin

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I am writing this review so that consumers are aware of the crooks that work for Rock Honda. I went to see a specific person that was recommended to us through a friend. July of 2016, I spoke to this person on the phone, since I live in LA and the dealership is in Fontana. I made a deal with him over the phone and agreed to pick up the car over the weekend. I go pick-up the car, and the person was not in and other sales people tried getting me to deal with them. I said no I already have a deal with someone and will call him during the week. When I called he was apologetic and explained that he had a family emergency and left without thinking about anything.

I understood, and told him that I would wait for a while before going back, because I wasn't in a rush. Come November 2016, I call him and tell him that I'm looking and ready to make a deal. He tells me he has a 2016 Honda Pilot that will be ready to come in and he will have the paperwork ready. I decided to call my credit union to get my own financing and told him that I would send him my approval beforehand. He said to "just bring it on Saturday when you pick up the car". I go on Saturday, just to deal with him for over 5 hours, and him trying to get me to sign papers and go through his financing. I told him to let see what he had to offer. Come to find out that a mid-range Pilot with a few extras was going to be around $50,000.00. At that point, I panic and told him that I really had to think about this. That $50k was much more than I wanted to spend.

At that point I asked if I could get a 2017 since it was so much, and he said the 2017 would be even more. By that time, I had a splitting headache from dealing with him for 5 hours, and I finally told him that I had to think about all this because, I did not plan on spending that much. He said "you could afford it. Your payments will be $600 plus for 96 months!" 8 years!!! Are you kidding me!!! So I told him I would be back. I knew I wanted the car, but had to think about it. He gave me the spare key and car manual to bring home, and said it's going to be here for you. The following Monday, I called my credit union and asked if I could increase my loan to $50k. My credit union said "it wouldn't be a problem, but we can also find you the car and we might be able to save you a little money." I told her "well he gave me the key and manual" and she asked "did you sign anything say the car is yours?"

I told her "no, the only thing I signed was the credit app because he is trying to get me to go with his financing." Longer story short, my credit union found me a 2017 Honda Pilot with everything I wanted for $42,000, payments under $600 for 72 months and that includes gap insurance and extended warranty. I was so upset that he was willing to take advantage because he knew I knew nothing about dealing when buying a car. Fortunately, I was not taken for a ride. But I am very upset, because my ex-husband purchased a car for my daughter at Rock Honda 2 years prior to my experience this past December 2016, and after what he tried doing to me, I contacted my ex-husband to get information on what kind of deal he was given. Come to find out that he sold a Honda HRV to them for more than what they are worth, financed them for 6 years and the payment is $500 plus!!!

The man is a crook!!! Does anyone know of an attorney that I can contact to see if I can sue Rock Honda? This man calls himself a Christian man and tries to sweet talk you, that you're his family and he is going to take care of you, which is what I thought. :( It is not right for Michael ** to do this to consumers and get away with it. He's a crook and should be stopped!! If you have any advise, please let me know. Thanks.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I had taken my 2016 in for an oil change and when I told the service people that I'm not able to display my texts on the screen they said I had to bring it on during the week. I did advise them that I work and don't have that kind of time,all they did was shrug their shoulders. Then a few months later still having the same problem I called in to schedule my oil change,the lady who a made my appointment was very rude, as if I was I was making it inconvenient for her. I took the car in on a Wednesday about 3:30 pm and to my surprise they told me they could do my oil change but not check my radio due to there was no tech available! That just really upset me,the service guy Andy was just like he really didn't care and asked me do you still want us to do the oil change? Really dude!

So after the oil change he tried to set up my phone to the car and couldn't. At this point the service manager was walking by and told him to give me a loaner car and leave mine there so they can check it out... Why do we have to jump through hoops to get our cars fixed... They have horrible customer service! From the first call to the last call!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I bought a brand new car from ROCK HONDA, full price. A gash opened up on my door a few months later. It looked like someone had taken a knife to it. I figured I was a victim of vandalism at first, but then when body shop repairs looked at it, they told me it was an old repair that had not held up. I called Rock Honda & the first person I spoke to denied my claim. I went to a 2nd Body repair shop & they verified that the door had filler in it & that the fender & various places had obvious (to them) repairs.

Concurrently, Rock Honda called me back & admitted that the car had been in an accident before I bought it. (Remember I bought it as brand new... 44 miles on the odometer.) A service person has told me to bring it in & it will be repaired again! Currently I am resisting doing that as I do qualify for damages, apparently having had a material fact concealed from me. I do not want a patched up car. I bought a new car! Despite requesting a copy of the damage repaired be emailed to me I have received nothing. Despite requesting acknowledgement of my emails & manager response I have heard nothing. I am very disappointed. They appear to be ignoring this issue. To be continued...

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

We have been purchasing our cars every year from Rock for the past 29 years. We usually trade in 2 cars every 2 years and also bring in our daughter and parents to buy there too. You would think they would appreciate this but no. During a requested purchase Rock decided not to honor a sales promotion that was going on all over at all Honda dealers so we bought elsewhere this time. At the time of this transaction our new dealer explained to us that we CAN get a refund for all unused portions of our Warranty, GAP, and Maintenance contracts. We had asked Rock if this could be done every time and they always told us NO! Well turns out not only can you get that refund but you can then transfer that to the new vehicles... The same ones they charged us NEW POLICIES on.

So needless to say we are done with Rock but this is the second time now that they are taking months to return our money. The woman handling this process keeps telling us it is first come first served. Well it's almost February and our contracts cancelled on Nov. 15 of last year! The GAP people have done everything that they were supposed to do and now says it is up to Rock to refund us. We are still waiting. Maybe it isn't a lot of money to you but it is to us and just think about how much $$$ you kept of ours of the 29 years with trading 2 cars in every 2 years!!! I will NEVER refer another person to Rock Honda. I am about ready to get a lawyer and go the next mile...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rock Honda?

Original review: May 18, 2015

BEWARE! Do not buy any of their "extras"! I purchased the premier maintenance plan. I moved out of state 6 months later and after talking to the finance manager several times about a refund or transfer it to my new dealer, and the maintenance plan contractor directly, I have been unable to get a refund on my purchase, even though the contract says they will refund your money. After Rock Honda refuses to return calls and will not respond to my BBB complaint or to the contractor administrator, I am now forced to SUE them! Beware of this shady company!

Original review: March 18, 2015

Rock Honda wanted my feedback so here goes. Worst service I have ever had in my entire life (includes any and all). Here’s what happened. I took my car in to get serviced for an odometer/speedo that wasn't operating. Now being a bit more car knowledgeable than the average man but lacking in mechanic tools, I took it in to get a few wires tested. Hey $135 for them to check a few wires, just because I didn’t have the time or tools to do it myself win for them.

Not only did they take an extra 2 days but had the nerve to charge me and not even diagnose the problem! After 2 months of buying more and more parts I had faith that they at least diagnosed that problem. NOPE! Guess what it was? After buying multiple gauge cluster checking wiring from front to back and what was the last thing I had to do, check the part I specifically asked for in the very 1st place. Not only did I lose money but I lost time with my wife and kids, and the only time I spent with them was arguing why I couldn't take them out or this or that. So to any and all don't waste your time with them buying or servicing your vehicle.

Oh and btw I have a damn near immaculate 93 honda civic hatchback, completely stock (restoration project NOT street racer and 500,000 miles strong and trying to join the 1 million mile club). When I got it back they had taken out my ECU and "swapped it to test" supposedly, who know, maybe they jacked my other good ECU and replaced it. And on top of that they left it a mess, left the ECU cover and bolts all over the floorboard, no kind of organizational skills by the supposed team of specialist. Worst ordeal that ever affected my life.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

The cost to repair my vehicle was highly overpriced. Trying to get someone in service to answer the phone was a challenge. On hold for over 5 minutes. The dealer overcharged my repairs by $200.00.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

Essentially the same thing happened to me as these other stories. It was a Sunday and I learned this from a finance manager that if you signed a contract, and they couldn't finance you, they should eat it. You signed a contract. Has anyone complained to consumer affairs? This sounds bad to me. They know you can't afford it and they make money twice. They are crooked. I put $2700 down and they said they could not finance me. Now I am in bankruptcy Ch. 7 and really suffering. I wonder if anyone has sued them. Anyway now I am in the situation I am in.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

I spoke to Edwin on the phone. I gave him all my information. He called me back stating I was approved to get a loan for a 2013 Honda Civic coupe. I clearly stated I will not go to the Dealership unless it was set in stone that I was approved. I made an appointment, test drove the car. I signed all the paperwork. Three weeks later, I get a call from Edgar, the finance specialist, saying that he has good news, my car payment was lowered but I will need to sign a new contract. He threatened me that I would have to return the car if I wouldn't sign.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2010

June 1, I bought a Dodge from Rock Honda. The car kept stalling. I took it back same day they gave it back. The next time I was on my way to Las Vegas when it stop again. I had to find a ride all the way back to Rialto, CA, later my dad went and towed it back to Rialto, CA that when I found out the transmission had went out. I took it to a Dodge dealer and was told that it would cost me $46000 to fix. Now I'm left without any transportation to get back and forth to work and have a one-year-old son to care for. I haven't got no respond from Rock Honda about the car but I make payments monthly. Rock Honda has not spoke to me about my car and I need to know what to do about it.

Original review: May 10, 2010

I wanted to purchase a new car 2010 Honda Accord Coupe. I spoke with the dealer "Tom" in regards to purchasing the car. He advised me to lease the car instead due to my credit not being as smooth as it should be. I didn't want to lease I wanted to buy. Then he made me a verbal deal. He said to sign the lease agreement and wait until the bank approves me so they can then change the deal to a purchase. So I did. Two weeks later I get a call from another dealer named Juan stating that he was going to drop my payments from $532 to $462. When I asked him why he said because Tom really liked me and he wanted to help me out. I knew right away that wasn't the case, the dealer even knew me. I asked him if I didn't get approve he could be honest and I would cooperate because I wanted the car. He said I was approved already but still insisted that I sign the new lease agreement and then switch it over to a purchase.

I signed the new lease agreement and asked him if I was going to have to come in again to re-sign, he said "no" that the deal was set. Two weeks later Juan calls me again and tells me a miracle had happen and he was going to drop my payments even more and all I had to do was re-sign yet another lease agreement. I told him I would not sign anything else and to stick with the last contract if valid. Then another person named Emily calls me and leaves a message stating that if I didn't go in to "FINALIZE" the deal they would have to repose my vehicle. So with that said I was forced to go in and speak to Juan. He tried to trick me into signing another lease agreement and I refused. I told him that I knew I wasn't approved by the bank and he insisted that I was. I then asked him for a confirmation number and for the name of the bank. He didn't give me a confirmation number he just said that I was approved by Bank Honda.

I asked him to show me proof of that and he said he couldn't because it was internal affairs. I then told him that if I wasn't approved by the bank I would not sign another contract and I would return the car. He said that the deal was approved and that I was bonded by the last contract even though he wanted me to cancel it and re-sign. I then told him if I didn't have to come in why Emily called me stating that the deal was not finalized and threatening me of repossession. He then called the general manager Ron B in his office. He said he was sorry for the inconvenience and tried to pursue me into signing a new contract. I made it extra clear that I would not re-sign anymore and if the last contract was good than I would commit to that one. They said my first payment was already coming up on the 10th of May. Today is the 10th of May and I still haven't received any bills in the mail. I asked for a number to call to confirm that I was approved already. I called it at least four times this month and every time they tell me that the dealer has not processed any information and that I wasn't approved yet by any banks. If anybody can help me resolve this issue please give me a call.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2008
Original review: Aug. 19, 2008

I went to Rock Honda to purchase a car. After enduring the long process ... I came home later that evening with my new car. Few days later they call me asking for me to submit my paystub and asking my income information. Then , I get a call saying that I didn't get approved and that I have to return the car. How embarrassing and insulted I was. Why did they give me the car in the first place? They cashed my check for down payment, did a credit check through their finance dept. Why did they give me a car even after looking at my credit report? I even added more money to the down payment to suffice for my credit report and seemed like it was enough i mean after all they gave me the car. My wife and I share the same credit and just last year she bought a car and there was no problem so why now? This isn't fair . I am emotionally distressed, insulted, they opened my credit, I am just very upset. I hope their is someone out there to help.

Original review: July 3, 2008

Today, on July 2, 2008, I took my 2007 Honda Civic LX to Rock Honda for a simple oil change. While I was waiting for the work on my vehicle to be completed, my service advisor who identified himself as Chris approached me in the customer waiting area and advised me that I needed to have the cabin air filter changed. He quoted me a price of approx $150.00 for the filter. I personally know that I can buy that part(s) for approx $20.00 or less at an auto parts store, and I know that on the 2007 Honda Civics, the cabin air filter doesn't have to be changed until the vehicle has 60,000 miles. My vehicle has only 28,000 miles.

I politely declined to purchase the part and made up my mind that I will never return to Rock Honda for any service. I don't appreciate it when a dealership tries to mislead me and charge me for parts and service that is not needed. Something needs to be done to prevent them from deceiving other customers that may not be aware that their cabin filters have a longer life than what is represented by the service techs at Rock Honda.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2008

I bought my car new on February 2006. It is a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid. It currently has 50,021 miles on it. Last year one of the three catalytic converters broke, and it was replaced. On Wednesday 1/16/2008 engine light went on and I took the car in, turns out that the Catalytic converter was broke again, but now they also found that one of the motor mounts was also broke. I would not have to pay for catalytic converter but I did have to pay $100.00 deductable on the $800.00 motor mount part. I was given a rental because motor mount was not in stock.

I called Honda on Friday 1/18/2008 and was informed that motor mount part was on back order so it would be until next week, but the car is drivable so I could pick it up and just bring it in next week. The part came in about Tuesday but my next day off was Saturday so I took car in on Saturday 1/26/2008. On Tuesday 1/29/2008 the engine light went back on, once again I took the car in, the problem was that when I arrived the engine light had turned off so they could not detect what was wrong but service station ran several test and I was told that the computer had not been cleared and the test runs had not been conducted that is why engine light went on, but I should not have any further problems.

On that same day Tuesday 1/29/2008 at 9:30pm as I was driving home from school, the engine light went back on. I took the car back in on Wednesday 1/30/2008 with engine light still on, and the car was found to have the same problem, the catalytic converter-the same one that has been replaced twice is once again broke. I am now in a rental, which Honda is providing. I called today and service advisor Ke'Sean states that they had to make contact with technical support because they do not know what is causing the problem. Should I be considering my car a Limon?

Unfortunatly I bought the car in Fontana, I live approx. 30 miles away and my work is approx. 30 miles away from Fontana (the other direction).

The time and loss of work has impacted greatly and that does not include the stress, because what do I do with the car now? Should I keep it? If I trade it in I end up loosing on it so what shoud I do? Have other people with Honda Accord Hybrids had the same types of problems? I really do love my car, but I sure do hate problems it has given me.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2008

Rock Honda claimed they had a 2008 Honda CRV EX in the tango red pearl color. Ali Kadri, Internet Sales Manager at Rock Honda, emailed me a quote of $21,733.00 for the 2008 Honda CRV EX 2WD. I called him approximately 1 1/2 hours (the drive time to get to the dealer from our house) to confirm that he had the car in the color I wanted for the price he had emailed me. He said he had it in his computer, but I asked him to go out and check to see if it was actually on the lot.

He put me on hold and returned after several minutes, confirming they had 1 left. We arrived at Rock Honda and had to wait 15 minutes before they told us Ali was busy with another customer. We were then taken by another salesman on a long walk through the lot (in the dark) searching for the vehicle. After more waiting it was determined that the EX was parked in the front and was equipped with a DVD player, premium wheels, and a $27,000+ dealer asking price.

I spoke with the manager about the deception and he offered to sell me the vehicle at the price I was quoted plus an extra $1,000 for the unwanted DVD player, but he would remove the wheels if he could find someone to do it. I decided not to give them my money.

Rock Honda wasted 3 hours and 86 miles of our time!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2006

FURIOUS CAR BUYER

I love my 2006 Honda Civic but I wished I didnt purchase it from Rock Honda, in Fontana. I wasnt ready to buy but it was the right car at the right time. I purchased it certified used a couple weeks ago.

I made the salesman aware I needed time for the down payment and we agreed that the check would be deposited on the 31st. I sat down with the finance salesman and usually dont buy the extras. However, I purchased the alarm so I could leave with one and not hassle getting one latter. He assured me it was installed and was being activated.

I took delivery of the car late that evening and stopped down the street for food. I couldnt set the alarm and the mats in the trunk were missing. I went back but the salesman told me I would have to return and go to the service department. I live in Temecula and didnt want to make another trip with my schedule.

I was asked to bring my car in and the alarm would be activated. After a couple hours into my appointment, nervously the serviceman asked if he could pay for my rental and call me when it was done. I agreed and received my rental. I had to leave a credit card number to secure it even though the dealer was picking up the charge. My car was ready a few days latter.

They ended up depositing my check before the date we agreed upon. I received a NSF for 25 dollars from my bank. When I called, they said they would refund me and deposit the check on the agreed date, the 31st. I have faxed and called several times. I have not received my refund. In fact, they have not deposited my check. Just yesterday, I had to sign for a letter at the post office for a final demand notice of payment from Rock Honda. I left another message.

The final straw happened today. When I was paying my credit card online. I found that I was billed for the car rental. I left another message.

I am furious and will not do business with Rock Honda again.

Original review: March 7, 2001

On Jan 5, 2001, my husband and I went to Rock Honda to buy a new car. So as the dealings went buy, we finally got approved on a black, two door, automatic transmission 2001 Honda Civic EX. We were approved for an initial 11.99% interest with the car, to be paid for six years. We put down an initial down payment of one thousand dollars and a holding check for another thousand dollars for the car. So then they approved us and ley us drive the car home, knowing that we had already been financed. They let us drive the car with no if's or but's.

Then about two weeks later, they called us up and said that we didn't get approved for that interest rate and that we needed to have our interest rate increased by 14.5%. In our eagerness to get the payment started we agreed on thier terms knowing that they would send out our pay stubs, so that we could begin paying our bills.

Then another two or three weeks passed again and we contacted them about our case. All they ever said was that they would call us back, which they never did. If they ever did I think it was just once. Then the next thing what was they towed our car without even notifying us or sending us a notice that they would do so stating that it was "reposessed". To make it worse, they filed it as repossesssion to the police without us knowing.

The next day, we went in to see what was going on and we managed to talk to Christine, the collections manager. She told us that she was the one who ordered the repossession because we didn't get approved by the financial institution (WS Financials). So they took the car away. We tried to seek further information about the case and they said that our witholding check had NSF (or no sufficient funds) but when we checked with our bank, Washington Mutual, they said that Rock Honda got their money on the January 16 through electronic debit. Every paperwork that needs to be done, we did and we have proof of it including papers we faxed to them.

They tried to blame this on our change of address since the purchase of the car, but we notified them in advance and also no such things were written in black and white in the contracts that we signed with them. We were trying to get our money back but they are giving us such a hard time doing it. To top it all, they charged us for like $650 dollars for the "reposession fee" which obviously is not appropiate in this case primarily because it wasn't a repossession case at all. They were the ones who messed up the paperwork, not us.

During the purchase of this vehicle, the problems that where having my employer was treatened to fire me because I have missed too many days at work and I cannot afford to have another abscence. But when this "misunderstanding" happened, I was compelled to do so which led to my termination at work. My wife also lost a day's pay worth, around $200 or more. We also have lost our reputation for being on time to work and also with our neighbors who knew that we lost our car to reposession. Another thing is we are not sure if my wife's credit history was cleared up from this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2000

Rock Honda, Finance group, appears not to have obtained funding or a loan from my paper-work supplied and requested lender of: E-loan. I submitted a hand delivered draft check (by me) on Wednesday, 11-08-2000, filled out and physically handed to a Finance manager named (maybe Richard-going by memory). Today 11-10-00, verified no contact by Rock Honda with my desired lender of E-Loan .

I called Rock Honda today, 11-10-00, to see why my loan company of E-loan has not been contacted for funding and why Rock Honda's paper-work non-completion with E-loan corporation, along with not obtaining an draft activation authorization number from E-Loan to validate the check/draft from E-loan and myself. My personal check in the amount of $0.27 (part of the loan amount) has been cashed with my credit union account, clearance verified via audio response system.

The telephoned Finance manager responded with: loan now funded with lender name of: Bank 1 One, not our requested lender of choice,which is: E-loan. This Gentleman at Rock Honda responded with he was 'confused', call my bill of sale originator (last name of Scott) on 11-11-00 at Noon.

Rock Honda, Fontana, CA Company Information