Canoga Park

7 Green Light Auto Sales Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I felt great about my experience right up until I bought the car. Todd was charming and helpful and attentive. They promised to make the car look like new and even replace the front grille. Then I signed the paperwork and put money down. Then Todd stopped being so attentive and I was lucky to get any response at all. They couldn't even be bothered to put gas in the tank before giving me the keys. I barely made it to a gas station after driving off the lot. They had the car for almost 5 full days after I purchased it, but never even cleaned the bird crap off that happened on their lot! Never cleaned the interior. Never did get that front grille.

But worst of all, they failed to mention or notice that the ROTORS WERE COMPLETELY WARPED AND BRAKE PADS COMPLETELY WORN AWAY! I now owe over $1000 in repairs on the brakes, wiper fluids, and tires. And it needs an oil change! They claim to do a "52-point inspection" on every car and only sell those that pass with flying colors but that is clearly bogus at best or woefully negligent at worst. Oh and the loaner car they gave me while they were "working" on mine? Rattled like a death trip and was screaming "0% Oil Life" on the dash and of course, had next to no gas when they gave it to me. How generous of them! Be very careful if you buy anything from these people and prepare to be ignored as soon as you sign on the dotted line. This entire process has been an absolute nightmare with a four figure price tag.

Original review: April 6, 2015

I cancelled my policy right after it was complete because their services was not something I required. They still charged my account. They are a fraudulent company. They neglect to tell you important information in your policy such as specifics to cancel your policy. Since I didn't even receive their so-called certified delivered packet regarding my policy I didn't not know the protocol to cancel my policy. They never answer their customer service call. You can call at 11, 12, 1 or 2 and they won't answer.

This company is not professional. They will hang up on you and when there is only one customer service manager to speak with shows this company does not have the required people to run a business. I called to cancel my policy they could have told me then what to do but they didn't they said a rep would call me back but that never happened either. Small town business that doesn't know how operate or treat customers with respect. Would never recommend to my worst energy. Money hungry and a fraudulent company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2010

I purchased a 1985 Mercedes 380 SL in Oct 2008. A/C was not working and Al and the finance manager said there was no need for a due bill as this will be fixed and delivered. When the car was delivered, A/C was not working. Next morning, I called and went back to them and they refused to do anything. After a heated altercation, Al said he would take care of it.

Needless to say, the car was with them for 5 days and nothing was done. I had to get the A/C fixed at a cost of over 15,000 dollars. Later, I received a letter from DMV indicating that the check for 15 dollars given by the dealership bounced and the bond had depleted so I had to pay the same. I complained to DMV in May 2009 and it is still being investigated. The dealership seems to have shut the doors now. I still cannot get the car registered as the pink slip has not been sent to DMV and dealership will not answer any of my requests.

Just a reminder, they probably have a location in Encino also. So be aware of this. I can’t drive the car, junk it or sell it. Wonder what I can do now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2009 The first complaint: In March 2009 I purchased a 2003 Ford Expedition. A $3500.00 was given as a deposit along with a trade in of a 2000 Mercury Cougar with a balance of $6000.00 owed to Fireside Bank. Included in the contract was an agreement that the trade-off would be paid. This agreement was never fulfilled by "Green Light Auto Sales".
The second complaint: A verbal agreement was made to improve the physical condition of the suv, a paint touch-up, missing parts to the side panel, and any engine work that may be needed(this information may/should be included in the do bill).
Original review: June 2, 2009

I bought a 2003 Kia Spectra from this company and they say they sold it to me with a clean title. I've only had the car for 7 months and had to take it in for a tune-up. During this process of the tune-up, I had a diagnostic done as well. The quality tune and lube shop informed me that I had a cracked cylinder and that it would take thousands to get fixed, thousands that is worth more than the car is worth. I went to try and keep the loan and trade in the vehicle, but the sales manager that I dealt with, Sam **, told me that they would not be able to do it and that I take what I signed for. So I'm stuck with a car that I can barely pay to get fixed as well as keep up payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Light Auto?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2008 I bought a 2002 lancer es that was converted to a raliart. The first problem was the battery was placed in the trunk and was not mounted correctly and I heard something in the trunk being thrown around I pulled over opened the trunk and a ploom of smoke arose and I had a melted wire that I was told that it could of lit the gas tank on fire. Thank god it didn't do that. I had them tow it and fix the problem which they did. I know need to do the brakes but I can't because there are wheel locks on there I called them up for the key but they don't I went to 10 speciality shops to find the key no one has one and they don't know who makes it then I found out that the car wouldn't accelerate because the fuel pump went bad.
Original review: Jan. 13, 2006

I bought a car from them a 95 merc benz S320 on 10165 and at that time i also bought the warranty 18 month 18000 miles from then threw a company called (Prco) (800-388-7726,Kim)this warranty coverd my engine and transmission as well as the brakes and other componats on the car well after i picked up the car i noticed that it was not shifting right and i called green light as i was driving home and told them and they said that the car has been sitting drive it for a few day it should be ok so i did well about a week later 10235 its still doing the same thing and i called green light back and i was told that the person i needed to talk to was not there so i left my number and name and after about a week 1029 still no call so took my car to the transmission shop and i was told i needed about 3200.00 of repairs to the transmission so i call the warranty company (Prco)to file a claim and they said that they didnt have any Mecanical warranty on my car all they have is the Gap insurance on my car so i called Green Light back and asked them why i didnt have a warranty and they told me that once agian the person i needed to talk to was not there so i left my number and no one called me back three days later i called again and finally got some one name micheal i asked him why i didnt have a warranty on my car and he told me that i didnt have a warrany because i have not finished paying the down payment .and i asked him what dose that have to do with any thing no one told me that i had to finish paying the down payment before my warranty was in affect so the next day i payed the balance of the down payment and they Micheal said he would send over my warranty paper work to (Prco)and he said to give it about 2 or 3 days .

So i waited and called Micheal back but he was not there so i called (Prco) and still there was no warranty so i called Green Light and talk to Amire and he told me that he would have my car picked up and taken to there auto shop for them to look at it and i said is it a Merc Benz shop and he said yes . so he came and got the car and took it there and the manger of the shop called me 2 days later and said that thats just the way that the car is so i said i will be there so we can drive it together so i went up there and took a drive with him when i got there i noticed that my driver seat had grease on it and the door did too . i was upset because i had just had the seats redone as we was driving he said yes its shifting hard and a little late but thats just the way these cars are and i told him no it should not shift like that . well i noticed that this so called shop was not a shop it was a smog station and they dont do Merc Benz so i took my car and took it home and parked it i then called micheal and told him about what happen at the shop he took my car to and he said that his mechanic said that there was nothing wrong with the car it was shifting late and ticking but thats just the way they are .

so he was not going to do any thing to fix it . and i said to him what about my warranty that i payed for why wont you send over the money and my paper work to the warranty company that i payed for and i can get my car fixed . and he said that he sent it over but it taked about 30 to 45 days before it takes affect so i called (Prco ) back and they said (Kim) that it only takes about 2 hours after they fax over the contract to take affect and they bill them later . So i called Green Light back and Micheal said that they was not going to do any thing and that i am to stop calling .

Green Light Auto Sales Company Information