Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1091 BMW Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2009

I have e-mailed BMW 4 times about a recall on my 2002 BMW 325xi. The recall id# by the NHTSA is 02V088000. They have not responed to my request. I did not know about this until a few days ago as I was researching recalls on my other vehicles. I would like for anyone to get their attention, as I have not been able to do it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009

tires bad the day I drove it off lot. was told dummy ligt comes on 21,000..miles.....took it back 12 times and 2 front tires bold was told it was bad tires. The tire sre not good when you order it....wanted me to get 4 new tires and pay for alinement. over 1,000.00. we went somewhere else.....

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009

I have a 2003 BMW X5. We have had several problems with brakes. BMW X5 has trasmission problem the data is available in the internet. They have paid for the entire work even after the warranty period to several of their customers. BMW North America is not offering the same in my scenario.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009

Window regulators keep failing....especially front passenger side..

Original review: Sept. 19, 2009

Dealership promised everything until I paid the down payment on a lengthy lease agreement, 2000 740il.

Transmission went out after 70,000 miles total - only 35,000 by me, second owner. Engine melted at 60,000 miles because of faulty temperature gauge. BMW takes no responsibility for the ultimate driving machine. I think it's the ultimate drive-you-mad machine. Once I get the transmission fixed, I'll probably sell it and consider myself lucky if I only lose a few thousand dollars. Just one problem after another. Great rides when they're working, but you got to have a lot of cash to keep them in gear.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2009

I have a 2007 BMW X3 - I purchased the car new and currently have about $45,300 miles on the vehicle. The warranty will be up at 50,000 miles.

Recently I had the car in service with Fields BMW in Northfield IL. The "service engine" light had been coming on (and going off) since the last service they had done for me several months prior and I was concerned. Fields replaced a thermostat sensor and added some brake fluid and I thought I was good to go. This service visit was on Wed. August 26, 2009. Two days later, on Friday August 28th, my car went into fail safe mode and I was stranded on the side of the road. The problem happened as I was accelerating away from a light. When the light turned green and I pressed teh gas, the car suddenly lurched rather than gliding forward. As I continued to press the gas peddle the car became more sluggish - as if driving through wheel high mud. I pulled over just in time to see the transmission light appear on the dashboard. Placing the car in park I called Fields immediately to confirm that the light on the dash was indeed the transmission light. I then put the car back in drive and gently pressed the gas to see what would happen. The car went absolutely nowhere. The car was towed to a different dealership. (The rationale for servicing the car at a different dealer was two-fold; a) I was much closer to the this dealer and b) based on the fact that my regular dealership had serviced the car two days prior and didn't find any major problems...I wanted a fresh crew working on the car). The car was taken to Perillo BMW at 1035 N. Clark Street in Chicago, IL. When the car arrived at Perillo on a flatbed, is was completely dead. I was told that it would not "crank" or turn over. By Monday the car was mysteriously starting and Perillo was perplexed. To their credit they did call BMW coroprate engineers and open what's called a "PUMA" file (not sure on the spelling of the anacronym). Anyway, by Tuesday evening no one had any idea why the car had thrown itself into fail safe mode and shut down. The dealership wanted authorization to drive the car between 50-100 miles that night in order to try to re-create the failure. I gave the authorization. By Wednesday the dealrship and Corporate apparently had given up and Perillo called to say that I could pick up the car. So, the end result is that I'm asked to pick up a car that was obviously dead on the side of the road a handful of days before, wouldn't turn over for a period of time and has no final diagnostic conclusion. Adding insult to injury is that the car is still under warranty but not for long. So, when this does happen again, it can be assesed and repaired at my cost. I called corporate (BMW North America in Woodcliff NJ) on Wednesday September 2nd. At this time the car was still at Perillo. I wanted to see what they would do for me. Corporate was the most disappointing experience I have had in long while. The first thing the case manager wanted to know was, "Why did I take the car to Perillo and why didn't I take it back to Fields"? My answer was that any authorized BMW dealer should be sufficent, I was much closer to Perillo and bascially that I had lost some faith in Fields as they had diagnosed the car two days prior to the failure. The next thing the case manager said was, "well you have a two year warranty on all replaced parts so you're fine". This comment made zero sense considering that parts had not been replaced while it was "being serviced" because both Perillo mechanics and BMW Corporate enginners couldn't figure what needed to be replaced. For the representative to say this to me suggested that he was either slow in the head or proof that he wasn't listening. After I explained that parts had not been replaced his response was, "well that's why we have a four year or $50,000 mile warranty"! I explained to him that I understood the concept of the warranty and therein lies my cause for concern. I further explained to him that if the car could not be fixed while under warranty, that it spelled future trouble for me when it broke down again the first mile after the warranty expired. I'm not sure he grasped my point as he seemed unconcerned. I told him the I thought BMW NA should extend my warranty (at no cost) under the terms of a normal extended warranty. He told me he doubted they would do that but would make some calls and contact me "in a few days". I received a call back from the case manager on Wed September 9th, seven days after our conversation. He informed me that he was sorry for the delay but that "he wasn't able to call out" for a few days. I am entirely unclear on why he could not make calls from BMW North America for several days. As of 9/3 he had not yet spoken with the general service manager at Perillo. He told me that he would "get back to me after he spoke with the dealership". I told him that based on our conversation of last week, when I had requested an extended warranty comp'd by BMW - that I had thought it over and did not expect BMW to cover ALL parts, but perhaps to guaranty exteneded coverage on all computer/electronic/sensor related issues as that seemed to be the focus of the research on the car. His repsonse was that he doubted that would happen as the car "had a lot of sensors". I asked him if he would want his wife/girlfriend or baby sister to be driving the car down the highway and have it suddenly go into fail safe and shut down? He chuckled but admitted "no". I'm glad he found this entertaining.
Original review: Sept. 5, 2009

I am the owner of a 2000 323CI. Without any warning, reverse suddenly would not work. I found there are hundreds of people with the same problem and a website, noreverse.org, dedicated to the problem. During the repair, it was found the reverse drum had broken. The repair cost me $2,400.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2009

I bought a brand-new BMW 325i in April 2003. I had a major allergy and never roll windows down or open the moon roof while driving. The only time that I roll windows down is to get cash from the drive-up ATM bank machine or to talk someone in the parking lot. That is all about it. All windows looked pretty brand-new today. A few weeks ago, I drove to the drive-up ATM to get cash. After I got cash and rolled windows up, it broke. How could the windows that are rarely used break easily, especially that it's made by BMW in Germany? I had Acura. Within 13 years, everything is still working when I sold it. Even its automatic antenna is still working too. You know how much hard work that the automatic antenna would be, but it's still working in 13 years in Acura. I never buy BMW again in my life.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2009

All of a sudden, I went to shift my 2000 BMW 323i into reverse and surprise, surprise, it acts like it is in neutral. I have had no issues with the tranny and forward gears work fine. My mechanic just replaced three solenoids in the valve body hoping it would be the fix but it wasn't. I really hope I don't have to pay for a rebuilt transmission because I don't trust that it won't happen again. I was told that maybe something in the valve body is stuck like one of the valves maybe but if not, I have no other option but to rebuild. I am online reading plenty of horror stories about this exact issue and can't believe such a highly priced and rated car fails in reverse out of nowhere.

I am at 155k on the car, just got it at 135k for $4500 and put at least $4000 into it mechanically before this happened. I feel like I got beat out of $8500 as I have only owned the car for 6 months. Why does BMW put GM trans in their car? In the first ** place, if I wanted a GM, I would have bought one. This, to me, is very ridiculous. I own a 2001 Lexus and guess what? I have a Lexus transmission that came stock with the car with absolutely no problems. I will never own another BMW after this **. What a waste!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2009

2000 328i transmission will not go into reverse. After looking online, I find it is common and yet BMW has not addressed it. They have been getting around it by replacing the whole transmission so it gets put into a general transmission fix rather than a no reverse fix. During these economic times, it is a hardship.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2009

I am the owner of a 2000 323ci. I have had absolutely no transmission problems whatsoever, and with no warning at all, my reverse suddenly doesn't work. I have been told by a transmission shop that it would be at least $3000.00 to repair the problem. I got online and have discovered there are hundreds of people having the same problem. This is ridiculous, and BMW needs to do a recall or repair these vehicles!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2009

For all you folks writing about faulty BMW transmissions: BMW has produced hundreds of thousands of cars with defective transmissions. I have owned dozens of various make cars in over 40 years driving. I never had a bad trans until BMW. My wife had BMW with 60,000 careful miles when the trans blew up. We junked the car.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2009

I was driving down the highway the other day and hit a pothole on the front wheel passenger side and all of a sudden, the passenger side door airbag and above the door airbag both deployed. There was absolutely no damage to my vehicle whatsoever on the outside of the car. I took it into my dealership and they told me that there was damage to the undercarriage of the car and that was the reason for the airbag deployment. They said it would cost me $4900.00 to fix. I was very upset with their response so I took it to a body shop to get a second opinion. Upon inspection by the body shop, they said that there was absolutely no damage to the undercarriage whatsoever. I then took this information back to the dealership to show them that this has to be a defect: the dealership's response was the same, "you're responsible for the replacement of the airbags; it was not a defect."

So right now, I have a 2006 BMW 325i with the passenger side airbags deployed and BMW wants me to pay for them to fix it. Upon reading the recalls for this vehicle, I have noticed that the sensor goes bad on this model for the passenger side airbags. I am going to take this information back to the dealership and if they don't fix it for me for free, I will obviously need to get an attorney involved. Anyone else out there with this sort of issue should report it immediately because numbers count.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2009

This is a follow-up post to my January 23, 2009 writeup on my 2002 BMW M3. I have actually racked up more maintenance expense since my last report and the grand total now is over $9,230.00 for just over 4 years of ownership. The M3 is now in the category of "spent too much to trade it now," so I will keep it until it gives up the ghost. My car is in excellent shape and looks new, yet it has over 90,000 miles on it now, so is only worth an average of $13,000 on trade. As the car ages, more things go wrong yet you still have to perform the regular required maintenance. The fuel pump failed (left me on the side of the interstate), my passenger window regulator failed and I still had to do the 90,000 mile inspection #1 valve adjustment for a grand additional total of around $2,700.00.

My wife's furious with me for buying this car even though I had good luck with my three previous BMWs (93-325ic, 98-M3 and 2001-525i sport). Now there is a BMW M3 recall (2001-2003) for the DME engine computer brain. As your car gets over 89-90,000 miles, the emission sensors become too sensitive and turn on the "Service Engine Soon" light. The fix is free at the dealer and they reset the parameters of the factory DME so it won't erroneously light the indicator. It takes about 1/2 day to perform and can put a dent in your work schedule unless you get a loaner car. Just remember, an M3 isn't a regular BMW and you will discover that with each service visit. Mine has become the ultimate debt machine!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2009

I had a 525 BMW for many years. It was well maintained and serviced. The transmission went out at 65,000 miles. The heater radiator in the passenger space would fog up the windshield, a big deal to fix. Salvation Army wouldn't take car with bad trans, the rest of the car looked like 2 years old. I gave the car to a BMW salesman, who said he would fix it for his kid. I never heard from him again except from DMV when he did not pay a ticket. I will never ever buy another BMW.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2009

I had 4 months remaining on the lease of our 2006 BMW X5 and called on July 10, 2009 to inquire about the penalties/fees I would be responsible for if I turned in the vehicle early. I spoke with Brian from BMW Financial Services who at the time was very helpful. Brian told me the lease expiration date was November 27, 2009 and that I would be able to turn the vehicle in any time after July 27, 2009 and that I would not be responsible for any of the remaining payments. He went on to give me the name of the contact at Leith BMW in Raleigh who is in charge of lease turn-ins and said I would be responsible for a $350 disposition fee.

In addition, I may be charged for excessive wear and tear on the vehicle but that I would be receiving a credit from BMW Financial Services. Brian went on to explain that since I purchased 15,000 additional miles and have not used them, they would credit me back 15,000 miles X .15 cents p/mile or $2,250. I have never heard of "get money back at the end of the lease," so I made sure to clarify everything with Brian. Again, he told me as long as there wasn't any excessive wear and tear on the vehicle, BMW actually owed me money, approximately $1,900 ($2,250 credit - $350 disposition fee).

I have been in the automotive leasing business for eight years, and I have to admit this wasn't the response I was expecting. I was expecting them to say I would still be responsible for the remaining monthly payments, because that is what my contract stated. But then again, that same contract did not mention anything about getting a credit for unused miles either. I made it a point to write down his name and specifics of the call just in case.

Knowing I would be getting a check back from BMW (approximately $1,900), I purchased a new vehicle the very next week and turned in my 2006 BMW X5 on July 29, 2009. The turn-in was great and Leith BMW in Raleigh was very helpful. In fact, I have had nothing but great service with the local dealers in Raleigh and San Francisco, CA, where we purchased the lease.

I called BMW Financial Services again on July 30 or 31 to make sure their records indicated I turned in the vehicle, so they would turn off my automatic draft before the August billing cycle. At this time, the representative told me they received the car and it passed in section, so there would not be any additional charge other than the disposition fee. I brought up this credit and told him that BMW actually owes me money, and he said all of that will be processed on the final settlement and mailed to me in the next 2-3 weeks.

On August 10, 2009, I received the statement and was surprised to see that I actually owed more than $800. I called BMW Financial Services back that evening around 7:30 PM and spoke with Steve. He pulled up my account and saw the notes that Brian (my earlier rep) had put in the system after our original conversation back on July 10. There were a couple discrepancies with the notes Brian put in the system, but BMW could care less.

First off, Brian told me BMW would credit me .15 cents p/ml for the 15,000 extra miles I purchased, but in the computer it said .20 cents p/ml. My final bill reflected .15 cents p/mile. In addition, in the notes he told me I would be responsible for remaining monthly payments (4). Finally, he said that fact that I was owed a credit was an error on their part. The contract clearly states I would not receive a credit for unused miles. I realize this was an error in my favor, but the fact that his notes weren't accurate should be telling them something. Finally, Steve went to find Brian, but Brian wouldn't talk to me, an unsatisfied customer, because he was walking out the door. This was only the beginning. Steve said there was nothing he could do. So, I asked for a supervisor.

I finally spoke with Jeff (supervisor) the following day, and he took the same stance as Brian and Steve. What I got from Jeff was regardless of what I was told I still owed $800+ to BMW and that he would be able to work out a payment plan with me. I tried to explain to Jeff there is no logical way I would turn in a vehicle early, pay a $3,000 penalty, and go out and buy a new vehicle.

The most frustrating thing for me is that BMW Financial Services is taking zero responsibility for what their representatives are telling customers. Furthermore, that there is zero chance what I am inferring happened, actually happened. I have told every contact at BMW Financial Services to see if they have a copy of the call and we'll see who screwed up. Ultimately, Jeff couldn't help me, so he passed me on yet again to Brian (another supervisor).

Jeff was no help either. I asked him if they had a copy of the call, and he said no and they checked on it. I tried to reason with him and told him my background in the automotive leasing business. I also asked him to explain why I would want to turn in the vehicle early and pay BMW $800(?), not even taking into consideration the new monthly payments I have on my new vehicle.

I told him "Brian, don't you think it would make more sense for me to pay $691.85 for the remaining four months plus a $350 disposition fee and then have BMW credit me $2,250 when I turn the vehicle in? It nets out to the same amount of money, Brian. The vehicle would essentially cost me $867 to run for the final four months, right?" At one point, I asked, "Brian, hypothetically speaking, if you knew I am not lying and that your representative made a mistake, would you stand behind them?" His answer was not necessarily. It would depend because who's to say they didn't tell you $20,000. In essence, he was implying that I was making all of this up and trying to extort money from them.

I will not stop until this matter is resolved and will make it a point to dissuade anyone from purchasing or leasing a BMW for their future vehicles. The complete lack of customer service on their part is shocking to me, and I find it hard to believe I am the only one.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2009

This complaint is not targeted at the dealership but the manufacturer. Three of my four window regulators on my 2002 BMW 325 have gone bad and my window won't close. I found other consumers complaining about this on the Internet. What does it take to make BMW liable for these defective parts or force them to shoulder the repair costs? It's not fair for consumers like me to dish out all this money for malfunctioning parts and overpriced labor when there is virtually no wear and tear to the parts. It just sickens me that BMW charges top price for their cars while their parts go bad prematurely. BMW is the only manufacturer I know of with this problem. Please advise.

Original review: July 27, 2009

I have a BMW 530d sport registered on 25/03/2003. At the end of June, I noticed on the near side rear door there was a slight appearance of rust at the base of the door. After a closer inspection on the inside of the door, there was more rust. I drove it straight to a dealer the next day. They told me to take it to one of their approved body shops. He took pictures and said I will post this claim off straight away as it was 3 months out of its anti-corrosion warranty.

Hoping they would approve it, I was disappointed when it was refused. To me, the rust was growing before it expired as it doesn’t appear overnight. They still said no, BMW doesn’t do goodwill gestures. Thanks very much BMW, £34,000 of car that is rusting more than an old triumph, what a waste of money. I am going to have to pay for this myself, or I will have a car very soon with a badly rusted door. Not a good advertisement for BMW cars is it.

Original review: July 25, 2009

I have had nothing but problems with my BMW. When I first purchased the vehicle, I was told I could install a Bluetooth system. Once I purchased the vehicle, they told me "Oh, your car was made a few months before the kit was made available, so they can't install it." Fast forward 3 years, I purchased the extended warranty. I heard a clicking and took it in to get checked out. Apparently, the CV boot got cracked, which damaged the axle.

They said the warranty does not cover CV boot, and since that was what failed, it was not going to cover the axle. They managed to "talk it over" with the insurance, and I have to pay 1/2. A few months later, I heard a clicking on the right. It turned out to be a bearing broken in the suspension. Once again, it is not covered under the warranty. What good is the warranty if it never covers anything that breaks?

Original review: July 22, 2009

I bought a $33,000 pre-owned certified BMW from an auto consultant. The first month I owned the car, I had to get a $2,000 brake job and the navi screen went out, which was another $3,500. BMW wouldn't cover any of this even though I had just bought the car and it was still under warranty. Then 6 months later, I had to have $3,000 worth of engine work, which again wasn't covered under warranty. I was out a car for over a week while it was being fixed. The next day, after I picked the car up, the transmission went out, which was quoted at $7,000.

I couldn't afford to have this fixed due to all the other repairs, so I had to have it towed to my house where it has been sitting, collecting dust. I'm still making monthly payments on it even though it's not drivable. I have tried to contact BMW of North America, but they will not respond. I have had over $15,000 worth of repair work since owning the car a little over a year. I and my fiance have had to share a car for the last few months and I have been making monthly payments of over $250 on a car I can't even drive.

Original review: July 13, 2009

We bought a 335i and used it for eight months. The management light started going on and the car losing power. Auto Atlantic claims that BMW does not know what's wrong with the car. It's been five months and they have replaced many parts on my engine but not the entire engine. I am paying for my car every month but do not have the usage thereof. Until now, they still do not know what's wrong with the car. They keep telling me that there is a problem with the 335i pre-facelift but I have not seen it published anywhere.

Original review: July 10, 2009

2001 BMW 740iL - Purchased from dealer as certified pre-owned vehicle. OnBoard Navigation system went blank and radio cuts off every 1 minute 43 seconds. This screen/system also is the access to other essential electronic features in the car, which are now uncontrollable. It was diagnosed twice by BMW Authorized Dealer as defective NAV System. Presented in detail to BMW of North America and they refused to offer any assistance in replacing this critical defective part. The car had CPO warranty up to 100K, but this critical part isn't covered and several other reports of this unit being defective have similarly been denied by BMW.

Original review: July 10, 2009

I bought a BMW 320i in the year 2007. It worked fine initially, but now, the car is giving me problems. It has only done 8000kms. It has electrical problems that even the service people are not able to understand. The car is trash. I went to my work and parked the car, and the doors got jammed. I actually had to come out of the window of the car. This happened 3 months back as well. The BMW service center fixed the car and gave it to me. Around 6 months back, the car couldn't start because of some electrical problem. The fuses of the car keep getting short. I don't know what to do with the car.

Original review: July 6, 2009

I entered my car and put the key in the ignition, turned ignition and noted that it was too easy to turn and car would not start. I started to get out of the car and all doors were locked and try as I may, they would not unlock, leaving me trapped in the vehicle. I could not lift inside lock and the right passenger window was down about 3 inches and I gave my friend the key to try from the outside. Doors would not open or unlock from the outside or inside the car.

I was in the car already 15 minutes before road service was called. I was trapped in the car for about 25 full minutes. Temperature outside of the car was about 92 degrees. I was sweating and my heart was pumping rapidly. My friend called my wife who was inside the house and asked her to call AAA road service. The AAA representative called an assistant and asked how he should get me out of the car.

I had suffered a heart attack a few years back and my stress level and heat exposure inside the car was very dangerous. My wife was very worried. My friend is a doctor and he was trying his best to try everything to get me out. We had the car towed and repaired. I was wondering if there was a recall on the mechanism that defaulted. It was a very dangerous episode to experience. If no one had been home, I do not know what would have happened.

Original review: July 2, 2009

My wife was driving her 2009 BMW 328i (only had it a few months). She was pulling into a parking space at a shopping center, applied the brake and the car lurched forward with a sudden unintended acceleration. The car jumped the curve, hit a store door and kept going until it hit a lamp post and finally came to a stop. We are trying to ascertain if this is a defect with the car?

Original review: July 1, 2009

325i's engine was suddenly on fire within 15 minutes of driving.

Original review: June 27, 2009

Immediately after the software upgrade in my 2006 X5, the car shifts hard down going from 2-1 as I slow to a light. It sounds like the transmission is bottoming out. Any downshift whatsoever, the car jerks hard forward. The car has been in the shop for 2 months. According to BMW USA, it is a computer software issue which is hampering them from determining problems for the car. Meanwhile, I'm driving around in a POS loaner while I continue to make large monthly payments on the car.

The car has 4 months left on its lease. The dealership won't give me a new car, only end my lease early. That doesn't work for me as I put a large sum down just to enter the lease in the first place. Florida statutes only cover the lemon law for 2 years. I'm screwed. After scouring the web, I have seen others that have had the same exact issue and some that have had transmission problems in general.

I continue to make large payments on a car and the loaner they have given me does not equate to the expensive X5 I make payments on. I also put $6,000.00 down just to enter the lease. I have some websites of other people who have made the same exact complaints.

Original review: June 27, 2009

After reading all of the negative posts about BMW, I think that I should contribute my positive feelings toward this company. The two that I have (1998 BMW 328i SDN and 2003 BMW 325XI SDN) have collectively cost me about $700 in the past 4 years combined (not including reg. preventative actions, such as, oil changes, brake pads, etc.). They are fun cars to own and among the most reliable vehicles I have ever driven. To those of you who have had bad experiences with the vehicle and not with the dealers (this includes a family member of mine who finally finished off his $1200/month 6 series payments to find himself paying about $2k/month just to keep it running), think about how you treat the car.

These types of cars are not rugged Ford trucks. They are delicate examples of engineering that fill a very unique niche in the automotive world. You wouldn't hit a curb with your face, would you? Well, then, don't complain when you hit one with your car and the steering rack replacement yields a $700 bill - not including 6 hours of labor. I have heard that BMW owners are among the worst drivers on the road. That’s something to think about.

Original review: June 25, 2009

My BMW X3’s indicator came on and said I needed service within 1700 miles (oil change, etc.). I took the car in within the service period and they told me that because my car would be out of warranty before the 1700 miles was up (warranty will be up in 1,000) miles, then it would cost me $550 to have the service completed. As for the other warranty service that I wanted done (engine was missing), they said that they would not do until I had the oil serviced.

I called BMW and they contacted the dealer and advised me the dealer was refusing to service my car and there was nothing they could do. Even though I have a warranty that was purchased from BMW of Nashville when I bought the car, they are refusing to honor the service unless I pay them $550. The cost to me could be thousands of dollars, which is why I purchased the warranty in the first place. The warranty appears to be a scam that is left up to the dealer to decide. BMW is blaming it on the dealer and will not step in and honor the extended warranty I purchased from them.

Original review: June 10, 2009

Apart from still experiencing bad reverse shift on my 2000 323i BMW (106k), I have had problems with almost everything else in the car as well. You name it, some of the things that I had to replace on this car: all 4 power-window regulators, alternator, radiator, water pump, power-steering motor (which I still haven't replaced), windscreen-washer pump. The A/C doesn't work, and also the heating doesn't work... so on and so forth. I will never buy another BMW again!

BMW Company Information