Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.71/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1080 BMW Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2009

For all you folks writing about faulty BMW transmissions: BMW has produced hundreds of thousands of cars with defective transmissions. I have owned dozens of various make cars in over 40 years driving. I never had a bad trans until BMW. My wife had BMW with 60,000 careful miles when the trans blew up. We junked the car.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2009

I was driving down the highway the other day and hit a pothole on the front wheel passenger side and all of a sudden, the passenger side door airbag and above the door airbag both deployed. There was absolutely no damage to my vehicle whatsoever on the outside of the car. I took it into my dealership and they told me that there was damage to the undercarriage of the car and that was the reason for the airbag deployment. They said it would cost me $4900.00 to fix. I was very upset with their response so I took it to a body shop to get a second opinion. Upon inspection by the body shop, they said that there was absolutely no damage to the undercarriage whatsoever. I then took this information back to the dealership to show them that this has to be a defect: the dealership's response was the same, "you're responsible for the replacement of the airbags; it was not a defect."

So right now, I have a 2006 BMW 325i with the passenger side airbags deployed and BMW wants me to pay for them to fix it. Upon reading the recalls for this vehicle, I have noticed that the sensor goes bad on this model for the passenger side airbags. I am going to take this information back to the dealership and if they don't fix it for me for free, I will obviously need to get an attorney involved. Anyone else out there with this sort of issue should report it immediately because numbers count.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2009

This is a follow-up post to my January 23, 2009 writeup on my 2002 BMW M3. I have actually racked up more maintenance expense since my last report and the grand total now is over $9,230.00 for just over 4 years of ownership. The M3 is now in the category of "spent too much to trade it now," so I will keep it until it gives up the ghost. My car is in excellent shape and looks new, yet it has over 90,000 miles on it now, so is only worth an average of $13,000 on trade. As the car ages, more things go wrong yet you still have to perform the regular required maintenance. The fuel pump failed (left me on the side of the interstate), my passenger window regulator failed and I still had to do the 90,000 mile inspection #1 valve adjustment for a grand additional total of around $2,700.00.

My wife's furious with me for buying this car even though I had good luck with my three previous BMWs (93-325ic, 98-M3 and 2001-525i sport). Now there is a BMW M3 recall (2001-2003) for the DME engine computer brain. As your car gets over 89-90,000 miles, the emission sensors become too sensitive and turn on the "Service Engine Soon" light. The fix is free at the dealer and they reset the parameters of the factory DME so it won't erroneously light the indicator. It takes about 1/2 day to perform and can put a dent in your work schedule unless you get a loaner car. Just remember, an M3 isn't a regular BMW and you will discover that with each service visit. Mine has become the ultimate debt machine!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2009

I had a 525 BMW for many years. It was well maintained and serviced. The transmission went out at 65,000 miles. The heater radiator in the passenger space would fog up the windshield, a big deal to fix. Salvation Army wouldn't take car with bad trans, the rest of the car looked like 2 years old. I gave the car to a BMW salesman, who said he would fix it for his kid. I never heard from him again except from DMV when he did not pay a ticket. I will never ever buy another BMW.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2009

I had 4 months remaining on the lease of our 2006 BMW X5 and called on July 10, 2009 to inquire about the penalties/fees I would be responsible for if I turned in the vehicle early. I spoke with Brian from BMW Financial Services who at the time was very helpful. Brian told me the lease expiration date was November 27, 2009 and that I would be able to turn the vehicle in any time after July 27, 2009 and that I would not be responsible for any of the remaining payments. He went on to give me the name of the contact at Leith BMW in Raleigh who is in charge of lease turn-ins and said I would be responsible for a $350 disposition fee.

In addition, I may be charged for excessive wear and tear on the vehicle but that I would be receiving a credit from BMW Financial Services. Brian went on to explain that since I purchased 15,000 additional miles and have not used them, they would credit me back 15,000 miles X .15 cents p/mile or $2,250. I have never heard of "get money back at the end of the lease," so I made sure to clarify everything with Brian. Again, he told me as long as there wasn't any excessive wear and tear on the vehicle, BMW actually owed me money, approximately $1,900 ($2,250 credit - $350 disposition fee).

I have been in the automotive leasing business for eight years, and I have to admit this wasn't the response I was expecting. I was expecting them to say I would still be responsible for the remaining monthly payments, because that is what my contract stated. But then again, that same contract did not mention anything about getting a credit for unused miles either. I made it a point to write down his name and specifics of the call just in case.

Knowing I would be getting a check back from BMW (approximately $1,900), I purchased a new vehicle the very next week and turned in my 2006 BMW X5 on July 29, 2009. The turn-in was great and Leith BMW in Raleigh was very helpful. In fact, I have had nothing but great service with the local dealers in Raleigh and San Francisco, CA, where we purchased the lease.

I called BMW Financial Services again on July 30 or 31 to make sure their records indicated I turned in the vehicle, so they would turn off my automatic draft before the August billing cycle. At this time, the representative told me they received the car and it passed in section, so there would not be any additional charge other than the disposition fee. I brought up this credit and told him that BMW actually owes me money, and he said all of that will be processed on the final settlement and mailed to me in the next 2-3 weeks.

On August 10, 2009, I received the statement and was surprised to see that I actually owed more than $800. I called BMW Financial Services back that evening around 7:30 PM and spoke with Steve. He pulled up my account and saw the notes that Brian (my earlier rep) had put in the system after our original conversation back on July 10. There were a couple discrepancies with the notes Brian put in the system, but BMW could care less.

First off, Brian told me BMW would credit me .15 cents p/ml for the 15,000 extra miles I purchased, but in the computer it said .20 cents p/ml. My final bill reflected .15 cents p/mile. In addition, in the notes he told me I would be responsible for remaining monthly payments (4). Finally, he said that fact that I was owed a credit was an error on their part. The contract clearly states I would not receive a credit for unused miles. I realize this was an error in my favor, but the fact that his notes weren't accurate should be telling them something. Finally, Steve went to find Brian, but Brian wouldn't talk to me, an unsatisfied customer, because he was walking out the door. This was only the beginning. Steve said there was nothing he could do. So, I asked for a supervisor.

I finally spoke with Jeff (supervisor) the following day, and he took the same stance as Brian and Steve. What I got from Jeff was regardless of what I was told I still owed $800+ to BMW and that he would be able to work out a payment plan with me. I tried to explain to Jeff there is no logical way I would turn in a vehicle early, pay a $3,000 penalty, and go out and buy a new vehicle.

The most frustrating thing for me is that BMW Financial Services is taking zero responsibility for what their representatives are telling customers. Furthermore, that there is zero chance what I am inferring happened, actually happened. I have told every contact at BMW Financial Services to see if they have a copy of the call and we'll see who screwed up. Ultimately, Jeff couldn't help me, so he passed me on yet again to Brian (another supervisor).

Jeff was no help either. I asked him if they had a copy of the call, and he said no and they checked on it. I tried to reason with him and told him my background in the automotive leasing business. I also asked him to explain why I would want to turn in the vehicle early and pay BMW $800(?), not even taking into consideration the new monthly payments I have on my new vehicle.

I told him "Brian, don't you think it would make more sense for me to pay $691.85 for the remaining four months plus a $350 disposition fee and then have BMW credit me $2,250 when I turn the vehicle in? It nets out to the same amount of money, Brian. The vehicle would essentially cost me $867 to run for the final four months, right?" At one point, I asked, "Brian, hypothetically speaking, if you knew I am not lying and that your representative made a mistake, would you stand behind them?" His answer was not necessarily. It would depend because who's to say they didn't tell you $20,000. In essence, he was implying that I was making all of this up and trying to extort money from them.

I will not stop until this matter is resolved and will make it a point to dissuade anyone from purchasing or leasing a BMW for their future vehicles. The complete lack of customer service on their part is shocking to me, and I find it hard to believe I am the only one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2009

This complaint is not targeted at the dealership but the manufacturer. Three of my four window regulators on my 2002 BMW 325 have gone bad and my window won't close. I found other consumers complaining about this on the Internet. What does it take to make BMW liable for these defective parts or force them to shoulder the repair costs? It's not fair for consumers like me to dish out all this money for malfunctioning parts and overpriced labor when there is virtually no wear and tear to the parts. It just sickens me that BMW charges top price for their cars while their parts go bad prematurely. BMW is the only manufacturer I know of with this problem. Please advise.

Original review: July 27, 2009

I have a BMW 530d sport registered on 25/03/2003. At the end of June, I noticed on the near side rear door there was a slight appearance of rust at the base of the door. After a closer inspection on the inside of the door, there was more rust. I drove it straight to a dealer the next day. They told me to take it to one of their approved body shops. He took pictures and said I will post this claim off straight away as it was 3 months out of its anti-corrosion warranty.

Hoping they would approve it, I was disappointed when it was refused. To me, the rust was growing before it expired as it doesn’t appear overnight. They still said no, BMW doesn’t do goodwill gestures. Thanks very much BMW, £34,000 of car that is rusting more than an old triumph, what a waste of money. I am going to have to pay for this myself, or I will have a car very soon with a badly rusted door. Not a good advertisement for BMW cars is it.

Original review: July 25, 2009

I have had nothing but problems with my BMW. When I first purchased the vehicle, I was told I could install a Bluetooth system. Once I purchased the vehicle, they told me "Oh, your car was made a few months before the kit was made available, so they can't install it." Fast forward 3 years, I purchased the extended warranty. I heard a clicking and took it in to get checked out. Apparently, the CV boot got cracked, which damaged the axle.

They said the warranty does not cover CV boot, and since that was what failed, it was not going to cover the axle. They managed to "talk it over" with the insurance, and I have to pay 1/2. A few months later, I heard a clicking on the right. It turned out to be a bearing broken in the suspension. Once again, it is not covered under the warranty. What good is the warranty if it never covers anything that breaks?

Original review: July 22, 2009

I bought a $33,000 pre-owned certified BMW from an auto consultant. The first month I owned the car, I had to get a $2,000 brake job and the navi screen went out, which was another $3,500. BMW wouldn't cover any of this even though I had just bought the car and it was still under warranty. Then 6 months later, I had to have $3,000 worth of engine work, which again wasn't covered under warranty. I was out a car for over a week while it was being fixed. The next day, after I picked the car up, the transmission went out, which was quoted at $7,000.

I couldn't afford to have this fixed due to all the other repairs, so I had to have it towed to my house where it has been sitting, collecting dust. I'm still making monthly payments on it even though it's not drivable. I have tried to contact BMW of North America, but they will not respond. I have had over $15,000 worth of repair work since owning the car a little over a year. I and my fiance have had to share a car for the last few months and I have been making monthly payments of over $250 on a car I can't even drive.

Original review: July 13, 2009

We bought a 335i and used it for eight months. The management light started going on and the car losing power. Auto Atlantic claims that BMW does not know what's wrong with the car. It's been five months and they have replaced many parts on my engine but not the entire engine. I am paying for my car every month but do not have the usage thereof. Until now, they still do not know what's wrong with the car. They keep telling me that there is a problem with the 335i pre-facelift but I have not seen it published anywhere.

Original review: July 10, 2009

2001 BMW 740iL - Purchased from dealer as certified pre-owned vehicle. OnBoard Navigation system went blank and radio cuts off every 1 minute 43 seconds. This screen/system also is the access to other essential electronic features in the car, which are now uncontrollable. It was diagnosed twice by BMW Authorized Dealer as defective NAV System. Presented in detail to BMW of North America and they refused to offer any assistance in replacing this critical defective part. The car had CPO warranty up to 100K, but this critical part isn't covered and several other reports of this unit being defective have similarly been denied by BMW.

Original review: July 10, 2009

I bought a BMW 320i in the year 2007. It worked fine initially, but now, the car is giving me problems. It has only done 8000kms. It has electrical problems that even the service people are not able to understand. The car is trash. I went to my work and parked the car, and the doors got jammed. I actually had to come out of the window of the car. This happened 3 months back as well. The BMW service center fixed the car and gave it to me. Around 6 months back, the car couldn't start because of some electrical problem. The fuses of the car keep getting short. I don't know what to do with the car.

Original review: July 6, 2009

I entered my car and put the key in the ignition, turned ignition and noted that it was too easy to turn and car would not start. I started to get out of the car and all doors were locked and try as I may, they would not unlock, leaving me trapped in the vehicle. I could not lift inside lock and the right passenger window was down about 3 inches and I gave my friend the key to try from the outside. Doors would not open or unlock from the outside or inside the car.

I was in the car already 15 minutes before road service was called. I was trapped in the car for about 25 full minutes. Temperature outside of the car was about 92 degrees. I was sweating and my heart was pumping rapidly. My friend called my wife who was inside the house and asked her to call AAA road service. The AAA representative called an assistant and asked how he should get me out of the car.

I had suffered a heart attack a few years back and my stress level and heat exposure inside the car was very dangerous. My wife was very worried. My friend is a doctor and he was trying his best to try everything to get me out. We had the car towed and repaired. I was wondering if there was a recall on the mechanism that defaulted. It was a very dangerous episode to experience. If no one had been home, I do not know what would have happened.

Original review: July 2, 2009

My wife was driving her 2009 BMW 328i (only had it a few months). She was pulling into a parking space at a shopping center, applied the brake and the car lurched forward with a sudden unintended acceleration. The car jumped the curve, hit a store door and kept going until it hit a lamp post and finally came to a stop. We are trying to ascertain if this is a defect with the car?

Original review: July 1, 2009

325i's engine was suddenly on fire within 15 minutes of driving.

Original review: June 27, 2009

Immediately after the software upgrade in my 2006 X5, the car shifts hard down going from 2-1 as I slow to a light. It sounds like the transmission is bottoming out. Any downshift whatsoever, the car jerks hard forward. The car has been in the shop for 2 months. According to BMW USA, it is a computer software issue which is hampering them from determining problems for the car. Meanwhile, I'm driving around in a POS loaner while I continue to make large monthly payments on the car.

The car has 4 months left on its lease. The dealership won't give me a new car, only end my lease early. That doesn't work for me as I put a large sum down just to enter the lease in the first place. Florida statutes only cover the lemon law for 2 years. I'm screwed. After scouring the web, I have seen others that have had the same exact issue and some that have had transmission problems in general.

I continue to make large payments on a car and the loaner they have given me does not equate to the expensive X5 I make payments on. I also put $6,000.00 down just to enter the lease. I have some websites of other people who have made the same exact complaints.

Original review: June 27, 2009

After reading all of the negative posts about BMW, I think that I should contribute my positive feelings toward this company. The two that I have (1998 BMW 328i SDN and 2003 BMW 325XI SDN) have collectively cost me about $700 in the past 4 years combined (not including reg. preventative actions, such as, oil changes, brake pads, etc.). They are fun cars to own and among the most reliable vehicles I have ever driven. To those of you who have had bad experiences with the vehicle and not with the dealers (this includes a family member of mine who finally finished off his $1200/month 6 series payments to find himself paying about $2k/month just to keep it running), think about how you treat the car.

These types of cars are not rugged Ford trucks. They are delicate examples of engineering that fill a very unique niche in the automotive world. You wouldn't hit a curb with your face, would you? Well, then, don't complain when you hit one with your car and the steering rack replacement yields a $700 bill - not including 6 hours of labor. I have heard that BMW owners are among the worst drivers on the road. That’s something to think about.

Original review: June 25, 2009

My BMW X3’s indicator came on and said I needed service within 1700 miles (oil change, etc.). I took the car in within the service period and they told me that because my car would be out of warranty before the 1700 miles was up (warranty will be up in 1,000) miles, then it would cost me $550 to have the service completed. As for the other warranty service that I wanted done (engine was missing), they said that they would not do until I had the oil serviced.

I called BMW and they contacted the dealer and advised me the dealer was refusing to service my car and there was nothing they could do. Even though I have a warranty that was purchased from BMW of Nashville when I bought the car, they are refusing to honor the service unless I pay them $550. The cost to me could be thousands of dollars, which is why I purchased the warranty in the first place. The warranty appears to be a scam that is left up to the dealer to decide. BMW is blaming it on the dealer and will not step in and honor the extended warranty I purchased from them.

Original review: June 10, 2009

Apart from still experiencing bad reverse shift on my 2000 323i BMW (106k), I have had problems with almost everything else in the car as well. You name it, some of the things that I had to replace on this car: all 4 power-window regulators, alternator, radiator, water pump, power-steering motor (which I still haven't replaced), windscreen-washer pump. The A/C doesn't work, and also the heating doesn't work... so on and so forth. I will never buy another BMW again!

Original review: June 10, 2009

I bought a brand new 2009 BMW 528i less than a week ago. I drove home in a bumper-to-bumper traffic (therefore never exceeded 30-40 MPH). My son took the car to a tennis tournament some 20-miles away the following day, came home complaining about the handling on the freeway. I kind of ignoring him as I thought the car was a little "too nice" for him. I never got a chance to drive the car for 2-3 days until this Sunday afternoon.

I took my wife to shopping and drove on FWY 85. After a few minutes at a speed of 65 mph, give or take, I felt something was terribly wrong, but did not want to admit so I continued driving. A couple of minutes later, it was feeling worse. I looked at my wife and she looked a little pale. Almost simultaneously, we both said "did you feel something wrong?" The car felt like zigzagging forward, instead of going straight, enough to cause some dizziness just traveling 10 miles on the freeway, also to the point I started to feel unsafe. Luckily, the dealership was only a few blocks away. I decided to get off the freeway and brought the car to the service night drop.

I suspected perhaps the assembly worker forgot to screw the bolts all the way in when mounting the tires at the factory in Germany. I would accept that scenario as it would be easily rectified by the dealership without further complications. The service department found nothing wrong with the car, but only until the service foreman test drove the car with me on the freeway, when he witnessed the exact same problem. The foreman told me he also had similar complaints with the same model mounted with the same Continental tires. Current mileage of the car: 200 miles (came with 50 miles in the showroom).

Original review: June 9, 2009

I drove my 2003 BMW 330xi and hit a pothole on the left side of car. The side passenger airbag shortly after suddenly deployed. My passenger burned an arm through the incident. The top part of air bag did not even inflate but had a huge hole in the fabric. White dust filled the car and burned both driver's and passenger's eyes, making it impossible to see. I had to quickly pull over all the way from left lane while driving blindly and ejected out of the car.

As a result of the faulty airbag, the car would not start and had to be physically moved out of the road to prevent collisions. Keep in mind that I was now located a few feet after a highway exit and was putting my self in a dangerous position to prevent collision.

The car is fine with the exception of the airbag. My friend had his arm burned. I am charged by BMW roadside assistance and was quoted $5300.00 for airbag replacement. There's no mention from the mechanic, dealership, or any BMW representative of issue when asked. I spoke with Bill **, director of BMW parts and services, and he said he was not aware of defects, "not my money," and that this has to go to BMW CS. I've been tossed to different departments ever since, and clarity is not provided nor any quotes or estimates put in writing.

Original review: June 9, 2009

I was driving my 2003 BMW 330xi, and I hit a pothole on the left side of the car. Shortly after, the side passenger airbag suddenly deployed. My passenger burned an arm through this incident, and the top part of the air bag did not even inflate but had a huge hole in the fabric. White dust filled the car, which burned both the driver's and passenger's eyes, and made it impossible to see. I had to quickly pull over all the way from the left lane while driving blindly and eject out of the car.

As a result of faulty airbag, the car would not start and had to physically move the car out of the road to prevent collisions. Keep in mind I was now located a few feet after a highway exit and was putting myself in a dangerous position to prevent collision. I was charged from BMW roadside assistance and was quoted $5300 for airbag replacement. No mention from the mechanic, the dealership or any BMW representative of issue when asked. I have been tossed to different departments ever since and clarity is not provided nor any quotes or estimates put in writing.

Original review: June 8, 2009

I live in Phoenix, AZ and leased car in San Diego through BMW Financial Services in May 2006. Two weeks later, finance manager called my place of business to notify me that new contract was being sent and I had to sign it due to error on their part calculating sales tax. I (stupidly) offered to pay the difference over the phone but she snapped, "If only it was that easy." I realized this is not right and wrote a letter to GM of dealership and to BMW Financial Services. I thought it was settled. After years of making same monthly payment online through banking, I noticed in January of this year that amount due had increased. It turns out they'd raised it in December and I was overdue. Had I not caught this, what about my credit? Second, they never notified me of payment change. Third, again, they changed it after internal audit showed they had me living in Mohave not Maricopa county (where tax is apparently higher). So, still their error comes back to bite me and they never notified me of the change.

They send me lease-end itemized bill and it includes remaining payments due and a balance. Completely incorrect. So, of course, a phone call and I'm told, "I don't know why that's showing." I do not trust BMW Financial Services with my credit. BMW is a beautiful vehicle and drives like a dream but it's a vehicle that requires more attention than an infant. Don't even ask me about the mechanical issues on this and my previous beemer, both with major issues before 40,000 miles. If you want to own a status car to be bullied by a company, put your credit on the line then BMW is for you.

Original review: June 8, 2009

Well, I had originally taken my car so they could turn off two lights on my dashboard which is were the air bags light and the the tail lights icon that indicated that my tail lights were blown out. But my tail lights still work. I just had put after market lights and wanted to know if they could turn the icon off. So I left my car there and they told me they were going to call me back. Then when they called me back later that evening, they told me that they could not fix the icon for the tail lights because they were after market and then for the air bag, they said they would need to replace the right passenger air bag which was $500. So I said no I will take it somewhere else.

Then on the same report, they told me I had two leaks that needed to be fixed which were valve cover gaskets and the trans selector shaft seal were leaking. So I told them to go ahead and fix it, a total of $715.98. So then when it came time to pick it up and I was leaving the service center, the check engine lights turns on so then when I got to my job and open the hood, I immediately saw that my secondary air pump hose was broken! As soon as I saw that, I called the service center and they told me to bring it back tomorrow so I did and then by the end of the day, they told me it was not their fault. They told me my car was too old and that's why that happened, which was not true because when I fist brought them the car, it did not have the check engine light turn on or did it have a broken hose.

Original review: June 4, 2009

I purchased a new 2001 BMW (model number 325i) from this dealer. I had the car serviced on a regular basis. I spent over $4,000 last year getting the brakes to work. Six months later, the car still shakes when the brakes are applied. Now, I have a additional problem; the transmission is broken. This car has only 103,000 miles on it. This car is a lemon.

The transmission failure has an estimated cost to repair of $4,000 - $6.500. The window regulators going out on all 4 windows has an estimated cost to repair of $1,600. And the brake repair was $4,000.

Original review: June 3, 2009

I was told that it is typical and normal to be expected that a BMW battery on a 2008 Z4 can be dead after 3 weeks of not driving the car. I am unable to type at this moment, because I am so angry with this dealership!

Original review: May 30, 2009

I had been paying my BMW loan for 6 months until I wrote a check for greater than the normal amt in Jan 09. After that I had stopped receiving the bills.

Not realizing the time that's passed (2mths) my account became delinquent. They called me and I gave them my checking acct # 3 times and they still screwed it up. Of course I don't find out I as still delinquent until a week later in the mail. At the end I just signed up for autopymt out of my bank acct.
Original review: May 28, 2009

I purchased a 2008 X5 new in Oct 07. In Sept 08 I started to have Major problems with the Brake System. Squealing-Low Pedal,3 Major Brake System Repairs,1 Minor repair and it needs to be towed in again because the problem remains. The Service Manager of the selling dealer advised BMWUSA to Replace the vehicle due to the Dangerous and Numerous problems with this car. BMWUSA Marketing refused-what mechanical expertise do they possess-NONE and they continue to put my safety in danger and ignore the problem. Just an example in Oct 2008 the Brake pads were 10mm-in April 09 they were 2mm and BMW told me I was safe to drive 1700 miles from Fl to Ny. A Florida dealer had to replace every Rotor-Pad and sensor,so much for BMWUSA knowing anything or caring. These people are useless and dangerous--DO NOT BUY AN X5 from this Company,because even after their own Svc manager states to replace the vehivle they say FK off and dont give a damn about your safety. Stay away from BMW.

Original review: May 22, 2009

1. I purchased the "brand new" 2008 BMW M3 for 69,000.00 I was not told until I picked up the car that it had over 1,000 miles on it. To me that it is a new car. They refused to make an concession so I purchased the car anyway. I did not resent this too much until I had a problem with the tires are 5,000 miles. They need to be replace. The cost would be over 2,000 for 4 tires. I called BMW corp, who offerred to help with the cost of two tires, htye just needed to talk to the dealership. The dealership talked them out of giving me any help to purchase the tires. I read the BMW forum on the internet, as well as various 10+ sites that were listed with complaint after complaint about the bad tires on the M3. Over and over, these owners and tire experts say that the tire they give on the M3 are not made for what BMW calls this "street legal race car". Many seem to think that it a way for BMW to make money on parts. The cars are very unsafe. Oursaleman told us it cannot be drive in the winter snow, and it has problems in the rain. This is all as a result of the tires. People buying that car at that cost want to use the car. 90% of the complaint listed that the tires didn't last more than 5,000 miles before they had to replace them. This is a scam on BMWs part. I have owned 3 BMW and wan't wait to get rid of this one. Its a money pit. BMW no longer takes care of its owners or values there opinon. Third time and last time owner.

Original review: May 20, 2009

Since I purchased my BMW 323i wagon in July of 2000, I have had to replace the window regulator 8 times, and am about to replace my 9th one as my driver's window regulator just broke for the 3rd time. I replaced the front-right regulator on July 12, 2001 and again on October 30, 2002 and June of 2008. I replaced the front-left (driver's window) regulator on August 19, 2002 and again on December 3, 2002 and will now have to replace it again. I replaced the right-rear regulator on November 7, 2003, May 17, 2007, and May 6, 2009.

BMW Company Information