Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Bayside, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Jeep Liberty on August 31st from the salesman John **. He stated he could not give me the paperwork as his system was down and that it will be mailed to my house. I reached out to him in two weeks when I did not receive - he stated he will mail - another two weeks passed. Bottom line I did not receive paperwork for two months - each time I will receive a promise. My payments were late... And he still did not fulfil his obligation - never again... Buyer beware.

They don't even deserve one star. This dealership meets all the nasty and horrible stereotypes they have about dealerships and sales representatives. I purchased a Jeep Laredo from them in February 2015 and I chose this vehicle because I loved it. Two weeks after my purchase I had stalling issues. Vehicle stalls, wheel locks, car just stops working while I'm driving whether it's on a highway or residential area. Sounds really safe for my daughter and I right? I have been more than cooperative with these scam artists. I have traveled 2.5 hours from my house to bring my car in for service 5 TIMES in a 6-month time frame! I'm basically paying for a car I rarely have. Anyways, after asking to speak to owners (who are untouchable/unreachable you start to question if they even exist), managers (no help like everyone else that works there), all they ever suggested was repairing the car, which I did and after the 5th time, we are beyond repairs.

Till this day, they refuse to buy back, replace, wash my hands and their hands off this vehicle or take me out of this lemon/death trap. Just recently, I found out after doing a little investigation and this is just the start of it, that they were very well aware of the issue that stands with this car before I purchased it but failed to tell me so. FRAUDS! They are trying to push me away by saying that the only option is to repair it and they will repair it until they think they got it, which you can basically translate to that they will wait until I'm 12ft under to say that this car is not fixable and is a hazard. So Bayside Chrysler Jeep and Dodge, it may not be what you wanted but it's the truth. This is just one of many that I will write, as I will keep the public updated as we go through this process. You guys should be ashamed and embarrassed.

On August 18, 2015, we attended an arbitration with Dealership, Chrysler and a member of the National Committee for Dispute Settlement at Bayside Dealership. The Service Manager and my family held a 2-hour meeting with a representative from Chrysler which included a test drive. We presented all of our evidence in addition to a video which demonstrated the issue that the car is having. The SM from Bayside was adamant that he nor his people could fix the car and he used such words as dangerous and could lead to something bad. Chrysler stood firm that the car was fine and covered under warranty. They deflected the issue to the dealership and told them to keep the customer happy while the SM from Bayside asserted that he could not.

The test drive demonstrated noises which were of a concern and the SM from Bayside made it clear that they could not find the issue or fix the problem. Chrysler rep, Nancy **, made it very clear that if the car was dangerous to drive why was I driving to date and they were not at fault. Why am I driving the car... I have to drive to work but I made it clear that I don't drive the vehicle on the highway. I was informed that on August 28, 2015, I will receive the resolution of the NCDS arbitrator. By the way, I asked that the arbitrator, SM of Bayside and I take an extended drive but she could not due to the meter that her own car was parked at.

Consumer Increased Rating!
I am good. The problem is solved. After all Bayside Chrysler Jeep Ram did the right thing.

I am happy with my purchase.

Tony of Williston Park, NY on

Original Review

NO STARS. ALL 0000000!!! My wife and I went to Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealer to lease out Dodge Ram. We had leased so many vehicles in our life but this was the worst experience ever! First of all the finance manager John and the sales manager Jason try to overcharge us on the name of Motor Vehicle fees and when I question John he replied with a very bad attitude that "Your wife is signing, why are you talking!!!" Second John the Finance manager try to get all BLANK contract sign by my wife! At this time I was about to walk out of the door!!! I would never I mean never recommend this place to anyone and will do all I can to stop people from dealing with BAYSIDE CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE. I hope you are reading this note and never step a foot there.

Interested in making a change in my car, a SUV. With all the knowledge they had limitations for this business, both have bad credit and not have enough to make a down payment, but lose decide try anything. I was honest with the seller ** who let him clear my limitations but I wanted to hear which could be a business proposal or perhaps negative. I think he took advantage of this and made me believe that if he paid the sum of down payment before submitting credit, this truly would be approved.

After collecting the money from my credit card, showed me into his office Manager ** who tells me she needed more money for down payment to make the change. I told him I had no budget. I wanted to take another type of vehicle and although it makes clear that it was not necessary because it was not urgent, I offered to try the next day with the bank. But it was a lie because a week later I find myself not reimburse $2,000 to pay. Each time I go, I wait and tell me I have money in my account within 48 hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge?

I went to purchase a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Anvil Color, manual Transmission. They wanted me to take a black jeep they had in stock. I had given them a $200 dep, did not want to risk more. They said they would find exactly what I wanted, instead they called me and said they only had the black jeep. I said "no you are not giving me a deal so you (Bayside) gets rid of their inventory." They said the only way would be factory direct but did not offer that. They insisted I take the black one. I said no and been texting with ** the salesperson. It's been 2 weeks and still did not get my refund. Last I heard from ** is that they only do refunds on Friday. Really but why they can withdraw every day. Very disappointed. Last thing I finally decided on a Honda Crosstour and got 13.44% financing from Honda. Bayside told me they would give me 11% which was not true. In reality it was going to be 22.50%. Thank god I trusted my gut.

I went to this show room to buy 2014 Nissan Versa. ** was a salesman. Whatever price they quoted, I took. I told them that I will come on Monday with money to pick the car. Their manager said, pick the car now and bring the money Monday. I told them that don't ever run my credit since I am paying with a check. They said ok. I waited 5 hours and then they came told me that there is no key to this car since the manager took it home. I said why I have to wait 5 hours for this. On Monday ** call me and said car is ready at 3 pm. I also find out that they run my credit without any application. I came at 7 pm and still car was not ready for another 2 hours. Also, when I took car home, there was a dent and they never told me. I also received a phone call from Manager ** about experience to call back. I call back and spoke to ** his assistant but no one returns my call. Worst people.

I had called the service department at Bayside Chrysler here in D'Iberville, MS 39532. I spoke with ** in service. I had told him that I was calling about a recall on my charger, the door handles, and needed to make an appointment. He asked when I would like to come in. I said any time. He said, “How about today at 1 pm?” I said okay. I arrived there at 1 pm and went to the service department. ** came out and said, “Can I help you?” “Yes, I am Vince **,” I said. He replied, “Oh, yes, about the door handles?” Then he said, “Let me check to see if we have them in.” I said, “You better have them in.” After driving 20 miles and spending money for gas to get here, you should have checked before you made the appointment. Well, he checked and he did not have them in stock and wanted me to come back Monday. I told him no. Now, I have to drive another 20 miles plus gas to go back home. I am angry and very upset.

Nature of Complaint: Sales Issues - a sales presentation with unethical sales practices

Problem: Although, I could select a few different “Primary Nature of Complaint" from the menu, the one that most applies along with others is the sales presentation. On Tuesday 2/21/12, I went to the merchant seeking a Jeep Grand Cheorkee Lardeo which I had already shopped and priced in Pennsylvania at a dealership where my immediate family has bought and leased 4 vehicles in the past few years. They had a President’s Day Lease Special for this vehicle at $2,495.00 due at signing and $299 a month for 36 months. In addition, the dealership would buy out the remaining payments on a Volkswagen Jetta due to be returned in June 2012.

This was no problem as Bayside Jeep did match that lease buyout and I had no reason to foresee any of the upcoming deception in sales tactics. Being a resident of New York and in need of New York Registration and to simplify matters, I asked the salesman assigned Kevin ** if he can offer this deal. I completely understand that tax, tags are extra but it was written up on their Invoice # ** as "Deal is $299 plus tax for 36 month, 10,000 miles a year with $2,500 down”. There was absolutely no mention of additional fees other than tax, tags being added to $2,500 and if any additional fees aside from Tax, Tags were to be required the $2,500 down covers this.

The deal in place and verifiable in Pennsylvania is with Motorworld of Wilkes Barre, telephone # 570- 829-3500, where a salesman named Wesley along with their finance manager Omir clearly went over the process of $2,500 down and the only additional out of pocket cost to drive the vehicle away is that being registered in another state (New York). They collect 9% of the lease payments ($299 x 36 months or $10,764) of which they forward to the state of New York to cover the tax. This would amount at 9% to $968.76, thus my total outlay of this tax and $2,500 down would total $3,468.76. Any additional costs would be minor and inconsequential.

Thus with this agreement in place, I gave my credit card and ordered the 2012 Jeep Cheorkee Laredo in White. After over 5 hours of waiting while the vehicle was being prepped and paperwork completed at close to 8PM, the transaction switched from the salesman Kevin ** to Business Manager John **. The lease agreement was prepared and my credit card was charged $3,436.00. At this point in time, I am under the assumption that all additional charges in this lease agreement are being absorbed by the $2,500 down and the total of $3,436.00 represents the entire out of pocket. It wasn't until after I got home and the dealership already closed did I realize that the charge taken of $3,436 was not the total but in addition to the original $2,500 charged earlier. Total out of pocket expenses was $5,936.00. Thus driving out of the dealership in Bayside was $2,467.24 more than if I leased the very same vehicle in Motorworld, Pennsylvania, less what the cost of NYS Registration and Registartion Supplemental Tax would be.

Upon securing the deal with Kevin **, he was fully aware of the other deal I could have and instead of advising me properly, he went ahead in the spirit of making a deal and totally deceived me with an agreement that clearly stated $299 plus tax for 36 month, 10, 000 miles a year with $2,500 down. The Pennsylvania dealership did not require a bank Fee of $895, and NYS Motor Vehicle fees 2 years. Had I registered the vehicle at the DMV myself after an out of state lease, the 2 year fee would for a vehicle of approx 6,500 pounds is documented at $129.50 plus $50 for supplemental MCDT Vehicle use Tax Fee which would bring DMV fees to about $179.50. This dealer added $305 for said fees.

Upon returning to dealership and speaking to salesman Kevin ** the very next morning, he looked it over and said they would fix any mistakes and then brought me into meeting the Business Manager once again John **, who proceeded to break everything down. When I questioned him as to how much the salesman on the floor or, in this case my salesman Kevin **, know from when they arrange the deal with the consumer and what then goes on after these additional figures, John ** emphatically said, “They know nothing at all." I found this extremely curious and was really taken back by the way they do their sales and told him that they need to coordinate themselves better to avoid this type of situation. I also wanted out of this deal and was told they cannot do that. So I was stuck with a vehicle that I do want but paying out of my pocket close to $2,500 more for a lease when the dealer and the salesman fully knew I was pricing this against an out of state competitor.

Desired Settlement: Refund

Desired Outcome: I feel the dealer needs to understand their deceptive sales practice. They should be more open and honest with their customer and in light of overpaying close to $2,500 to not buy a vehicle but to merely lease their vehicle, I should be compensated with a refund that matches what I would have been very happy with had I leased from their competitor or a credit in my monthly lease payments due of which 8-9 payments would makeup this amount in question. I would be happy to entertain the dealer’s offers to make me whole.

Basically, we had brought our car in for service back in February. We paid the $3000+ that they have asked for. But one of the parts which is a catalytic converter is under warranty. Still to this day, we have not received a catalytic converter. Jeep keeps giving us different excuses. And from what I was told, if the catalytic converter goes, the oxygen sensors go (which we bought); and if the oxygen sensors go, another piece may go. And Jeep says, "Well, if those parts go, then you have to buy new parts. This is their fault why we don't have this part, and if this part damages another part, they should pay for it!

First off, the porters either do not speak English or choose not to communicate with you. After attempting to ask 4 porters for the key to my car to retrieve my registration for the clerk I had to physically stand in front of one in order to prevent his escape. Once I asked him for my key he told me to find my car and get the ticket number, then find him and he will get the key. Excuse me? I don't work here, YOU do. (Not to mention he apparently parked my car in front of a pump, I wonder who would have paid that ticket.

I left the car there and had to take the bus for almost an hour because this dealership does not offer loaners.

After I talked to the clerk he told me that if the issue is not covered under warranty he would have to charge me a minimum diagnostics fee of $200. I said ok no problem. When I got back they told me they couldn't find the problem and the vehicle was fine, therefore I need to pay them $200. LOL, WHAT? There was nothing wrong with the vehicle so I was forced to pay them for no services rendered. I spoke to the manager and all he said to me is "not my problem" and he shrugged his shoulders like he was 12. They settled for $100, they took 15 to look at my suspension and told me that there was nothing wrong, so I owe them $100.

I own a $35k Jeep, under warranty, and unless the entire thing is falling apart I must pay in order for these people to check it out.

Congratulations Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge, you stole $100 bucks that day, but you lost a customer for life.

On 06-14-08 I had put a down payment on a 2009 dodge Journey Mr. Do said it needed to be order and it will take about 8-12 weeks. On Aug 13 I had called Mr. Do to find out the status of the vehicle and he was not in. I had left a message for him to call me back the next day. I waited to 1:40 the next day I did not hear from him so I called him. Mr Do said he will give me a call in 2 mins. I waited an hour and a half and still did not hear from him, so I called him again. Mr Do was busy with a Customer. I called again 2 hours later and Mr. Do stepped out at this point I asked to speak to a manager.

I was told that the manager was unavailable. At 7:15pm on aug 14 2008 I personally went to the dealer to cancel the oder due to lack of customer service. A manager named Marcus credited my account and told me that Mr. Do's manager will contact me on August 15 2008 and that did not happen. This contract was made on June 14 2008 I have noticed in the paper on August 15 2008 that Chrysler pulled leasing from their company and I was trying to lease this Dodge Journey so I don't know if this has anything to do with why they wouldn't get back to me.

I apparently fell for the worst two scams in the book. My father and I went to buy a car for me . I was going to leasve a 10,000 dollar down payment, so I thought this was going to be stress free. My father had absoloutly perfect credit and was going to co-sign my loan. My credit was eh since I was ecently separated from my husband and could not work due to a disability. We spent 3 hours negotiating the price of a 2004 Grand Caravan with the salesperson. We agreed on something a little over 24,000, and that is how he wrote up the deal. We met with the finance manager who had Bells Palsy and gave us a song and dance about how we were the only ones who seemed to care, so he was going to do us right.

We filled out the loan papers with myself as the buyer and my father as the co-signer and an agreement that when all was said and done I would be paying 399 a month for 5 years. When we came back to get the car, the finance manager cme over to us and said that he had made a mistake in the paperwork since that day was so craxy and he was suffering from the palsy. He shoved the documents in our face and asked us to sign again and not to worry, he would make sure that the papers got to Chrysler Financial and we could leave with the new car. Well, imagine my shock and horror when I found out 6 months later that he had not only switched my father and I on the sheet but changed the terms into a "smart lease",which would have us making another 10,000 dollar balloon payment in three years.

As I had been unsuccessful in getting my papers from the dealership (I could not even get the right owners manual), I complained to Chrysler Financial who faxed me the document as they had received them. Not only were my father's and mine names switched, they had hiss SS wrong and my date of birth wrong, proving fraud. Although I have made many appeals, to this day no one has taken responsibility for the fraud.

I was working out of town in Bayside New York. My 2005 Dodge Pickup R3500 had to be towed to this dealership 4/26/06; they informed on 4/28/06 me the clutch completely gone & will cost $3000.00 to repair and that it is not under warranty because it is a wear part - and not covered; but I told them this was a brand new truck with only 70000 miles and the clutch should not have to be placed already; told them not to do anything until I called back; I called towing company back home but they would not travel that far to get my truck; I then made arrangements to renta truck and trailer from James Duda Excavating to bring the truck home myself; That cost $250.00;

I called Bayside Chrysler and told them to leave vehicle outside and I would pick up on Sunday am 4/30) ; "Nat" at Bayside said since I was so far away from home and that I bought the truck in "good faith" they could probably do the repair for around $1200.00. I said No, just leave outside . I also called Bonanti Transmission in Fairview Pa and arranged to bring truck there when I got back from towing it from New York

Mr. Kennedy and his father left Cranesville on Sunday 4/30/06 @ 4:30 am and drove to Bayside Chrysler to pick up the truck. They returned and dropped it off at Bonanti Transmission at 9:30 PM Sunday evening; Bonanti's looked at the vehicle Tuesday, 5/2 and reported that whoever had filled reservoir ahd filled the rubber sealing boot and not the reservoice. Bonanti's wanted to know why Bayside Chrysler did not see this?

Bonanti's said there was nothing wrong with the clutch and that they wanted to keep it for another daqy to bleed the air from the system and take another test drive. Bonanti's called Wednesday 5/4 and said truck was ready to go and the bills was $137.80. On Friday, 5/12, I called my sales rep @ Cunningham Crhsler in Edinboro, PA. Told him about all of this - he called customer service and reported this information and asked about getting reimbursement for me for all my expenses. My rep advised me I have a 12 month/12,000 mile warrany that would have covered the truck no matter what happened - whether it was a wear part or not; rep also filed a formal complaint against Bayside Chrsler for "misrepresentation of a warranty and excessive repair costs." Mr. Kenney called Bayside 5/15/06 and informed them he got the truck home and that the clutch was perfectly fine - did not have to be replaced and that he was told by the Chrysler Customer Service Rep that if indeed the clutch needed to be replaced, it should have been done so -no questions asked. I asked "NAT" if he himselft looked at the truck and where he came with the $3,000 figure; his reply - "I am not a Service Technician - just the Manager." He told me to fax over my receipts and he would see about getting my expenses reimbursed. I did that - but I have not received anything. I made numersous calls to "Tom" and was put off by secretary and told he was "too busy".

After the 8th call, I told the secretary that if he did not call back, then he would seek legal help to get this resolved. "Tom" immediately called him back - said they would give him the $137.80 but that was all. He said the rest of the receipts for towing etc back to PA were my problem. He said he would mail check. Never received a check.

I was employed at Bayside Chrysler Jeep & Dodge from 3/9/2005- 2/9/2006

As a Business Developement Manager with the BDC Department. During my time of emploment I notice that Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge repeately fail to comply by the lebor standard for over time. As the supervior of the business Developement center I was responsible for totalling the hours worked by the employees in my department. There where wooks that employees would work well over 40 hours i.e 46 etc. And I would be forced to submitted a time card of only 40 hours. to be paid at the employees regular hourly salery. I spoke with my immediate superviser about my concern with the labor law. But he would instruct me to sign off for the minimun of 40 hours.

Which brings me to the reason I wrote this complaint on 2/9 I was layed off from my job I was told by the owner of the company that he would be closing my department. Based on my pay plan which was submitted to me in writing I would have been entitle to $400 as a demo allowance for the month of January and $1000 pay since I was a sallery employee. I was layed off 2 days into the pay period so at the least I would have been intitled to 2 days pay prorated from my regular saley. Instead I was told by my former employer. They do not owe me a anything

We took our 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee in for service for factory recall number E13- Transmission Fill Tube Oil Seal. We were also experiencing problems, the check engine light kept coming on and off and the PRNDL lights would all light up when the car was placed into drive and the car would jerk. It seemed to be worse the colder the temperatures, but now it seems to be happening more frequently. Nat, advisor #5536 informed us that we were close to our 12,000 mile routine maintance and suggested that we take care of that as well, which we agreed.

In addition, we requested the emissions inspection because it is up January 31, 2006. We told Nat that upon purchase of the vehicle we were given a 15% off card for service, which he claimed would not be a problem and he would give us the discount. The vehicle was dropped off on 12/27/05 at 7:30am. At 3:00pm on that day we called to check the status of the vehicle. Nat stated they were working on it and he did not know the details of the problem. He said that a technician would explain the details of the problem. When my husband picked up our Jeep on 12/28/05 at 5:11pm he noticed that the inspection was not done, the 15% discount was not taken off of the maintance (which my husband told the person when he paid and they told him not to worry it was taken off of labor, however if you add labor and parts it equals the quote, proving the discount was not given)and the check engine light came back on within 5 minutes of driving the vehicle. When we called the service department, the receptionist said Nat had left for home, we asked to speak with another service advisor and were put on hold for 5 minutes, then transferred to Nat's voice mail. We tried calling a second time but no one answered the phone. We returned to the dealership service department on 12/29/05 at 7:00am to attempt to resolve these problems. We informed Nat about the discount and told him we wanted to be refunded the 15%, which he did. However, he had no reasonable explanation as to why the problems were still occurring or why the inspection was not done. They took our Jeep in to check out the problems again.

We waited about 1 1/2 hours before Nat came out to tell us that it is a problem in the transmission and that it would probably take about 3 days to fix. He assured us that they would get the inspection done right away. We waited for another 1/2 hour with Nat telling us it would be ready "in 5 minutes" for him to tell is that they couldn't do the inspection because the machine wouldn't allow it due to the check engine light being on. Extremely dissatisfied with this service I placed a call to the Diamler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center at 800-992-1997 where I spoke with Holly and filed a verbal complaint of this incident. She said this will be taken into account for the dealership's next review as a Five Star dealership. She said there was little else she could do though because the dealerships were independently owned. I asked Holly who the owner of the Bayside dealership was and she said John J. Zanetti. There was no direct phone number listed for him. I also sent a formal letter of complaint to the Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center at P.O. Box 21-8004 Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004. I called the Bayside dealership again requesting to speak with John Zanetti.

I was told I would not be able to speak with him. I asked for the manager of the facility and they gave me the service manager Richard Regan's name. The woman I spoke with said she had him on the line for me and when the person picked up it was Nat again. He said Mr. Regan was in a meeting and he (Nat) would help me. By this time, intensely aggravated, I expressed all of my concerns and informed him I already filed a verbal complaint with Daimler Chrysler and will go to Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau if necessary. With this he admitted that we deserved something for all our troubles. I explained that I just wanted a loaner car at no additional cost to us (which we were told when we purchased this vehicle that if the Jeep needed to be serviced and would take longer than a day we would get a loaner car) while they fixed our Jeep. He agreed to this and we set another appointment for Tuesday evening to drop off our car for service. About 15 minutes later Nat called and wanted to send a mechanic to check the engine computer codes again. I agreed to this and mechanic Bobby stopped by my office. He got 3 codes out of the computer. The first 0404, which Bobby said was a transmission code, the second was a low tire pressure code and I don't know the third code. Bobby told me he had to go back and enter the codes into the computer at the station to see what parts would be needed.

He said he would have Nat call me back to let me know the status. Later I called Nat back because he didn't call, to find out the problem. He said it is a computer in the transmission. He said he ordered the part and assured me it would be in on Friday 12/30/05 in time for Tuesday's appointment. I asked Nat again if the vehicle was safe to drive and he said, "I wouldn't drive it across country, but yeah it's safe to drive, nothing will happen." On Tuesday, I called to confirm our appointment and to make sure the part was in. When I spoke with Nat he said, "No, the part's not in yet and there is nothing I can do about that. I'll call you when it comes in." The week finsihed , now it is Monday, we have not received a call from Nat or anyone at the Bayside dealership. the check engine light is on, the car is still malfunctioning and the inspection is up on 01/31/06. My husband and I have made an appointment with another dealership, since we feel this will not be resolved any other way. We cannot understand how a dealership that handles people in this manner from sales to service could constitute as a Five Star dealership.

We purchased this vehicle from this dealership as well and we waited 3 hours to get the car (even with an appointment), didn't get into the finance guy until we complained, the salesman forgot to put the registration on the car, forgot to give us the bill of sale, the title and the plates to our old car. He also told us to bring our survey back directly to him and he would give us 2 free movie tickets. When we received our survey it said not to return the survey to the dealership and since we are customers of Jeep products for over 10 years our loyalty was with Jeep the company and not the dealership, we did the survey online and sent it straight to Jeep's survey company. We hope that by expressing this that this way of treating people at the Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Inc dealership can be put to an end.

i bought a 2005 jeep liberty in december of 2004. as of october of 2005 i've taken the jeep in for repair (4) times for the same problem..the check engine light keep coming on.and every time they say they fix the problem.no is 3 day later from when i pick-up the car from bayside jeep. and the check engine light is on again,for the 5th time.i would like to file some sought of claims against bayside.to replace my car or buy it back.this is very inconvience for me, and bayside have not done anything to help me with expensives..how should i start this process.. also this last time when they had my car after picking it up i found damage to my right rear fender. which was never there before..please response........thank you.

First, please forgive this lengthy letter but I beg you to read it thoroughly so you can get the full picture of my plight. I thank you in advance if there is anything you can do to help me.

I am a 61 year old disabled person who hasn't worked for almost 2 years. In July, 2004 I leased the highly touted 2005 Chrysler 300 touring edition vehicle from a Company called Bayside Chrysler in Bayside, Queens. Ever since I leased this car, servicing has been a nightmare. The most recent problem involves a minor traffic accident I had on July 5, 2005. The front left fender of my car was damaged and, generally, it was not a major accident. Unfortunately, the car had to sit in my body shop for more than a month because Chrysler could not provide a replacement fender. They said the part was on a one month back-order. The fender finally arrived at my body shop on August 10 and the repair was supposedly completed on August 12 (it took only two days to repair it). I have substantial insurance with Progressive Insurance. When I drove the car away from the body shop after paying almost $4,000 in repairs (which was covered by insurance) the electrical system failed. The ABS and EPS lights came on on the dashboard, the cruise control stopped working, the airbag light was lit, and the air conditioner fan does not work. The body shop tried to see if fuses were blown but it seems that very few repair shops have the diagnostic repair equipment (i.e. computers, etc) and I had no choice but to bring it to the dealer from which it was leased.

The dealer now has my car and advised the insurance adjuster that they need at least 10 hours diagnostic time to even find the problem. They are saying this without even looking at the car. I had a car rental per my insurance policy but the time has run out because a Company as big as Chrysler could not provide something as simple as a fender for more than a month. To give you a further idea of how ill-equipped the auto Company is, it took me 1 1/2 weeks to just get a new tire when I had a flat recently. Now, here is the situation. Progressive insurance said they would only provide an hour or two for diagnostics and Chrysler will not touch the car without an allowance for 10 hours. Now Progressive says the problem is the body shop's because they released the car with the problems existing and they (Progressive) will no longer accept any responsibility for fixing my car, although everyone concedes the electrical problem is almost certainly a cause of the accident. I called Chrysler in Detroit and they will not accept any responsibility or do anything to help me because they are telling me all of their dealers are independent and they can do or charge anything they want. So the car is just sitting at Bayside Chrysler and I have to pay for the car rental I have. Progressive is telling me I should have brought the car to a Progressive Insurance body shop but no one ever told me this and I had no idea that such a thing existed. All I know is I am still being held responsible for my monthly lease payments and further repairs to the car which was caused by the accident. Once again, the local dealership has warned me that this could cost me thousands of dollars -- money I simply do not have.

So, here is my main point I wish to make to you. A two day repair job turned into more than a month because Chrysler doesn't have spare parts for a car that was designated as Motor Trend Magazines car of the year for 2005. They don't even have replacement tires available for their cars. I am shocked because I felt, in the interest of goodwill; the local dealership or Chrysler would at least provide me a loaner while they repaired my car. I am further incensed at the deviousness of insurance companies. How can my insurance company wipe their hands of this entire problem because I didn't go to a Progressive Insurance body shop. Had I known, I would have gone. They are telling me they offered me some kind of Progressive Body Shop coverage on three different occasions but I have absolutely no recollection of ever having been given such an offer and I told Progressive just that.

Is there any way that you, as a concerned consumer advocate, can intercede and try to help me with my problem? As I mentioned previously I am disabled from an extensive series of two severe spine surgeries and I can barely get around. I don't have anything extra where I can lay out thousands of dollars for repairs to a new car with only 12,600 miles on it. Isn't it covered by a warranty? My social security disability request has not yet been approved and I am having a terrible time just meeting my daily expenses. And here I am, caught in the middle where no one is willing to help me get Chrysler's Car of the Year vehicle repaired. There is something terribly wrong and unfair here and I desperately ask you to either intercede or give me some advice of what to do. How can a company such as Daimler Chrysler be so uncooperative as to refuse to help out a loyal customer who leased a car in good faith and expected fair and honest service.

The story begins few years ago and I admit that one of my mistakes about it was not complaining early on.

On Feb 13 2002, I purchased a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, v-6 with ~40,000 miles from Bayside Chrysler Dodge. They gave me financing terms of rip off 14% percent and mandated a that Ill also get an extended warranty of SmartChoice2000 from them at the cost of $1700. The warranty was for 48 months or 60,000 miles.

About 1.5 years later (in 2003), I came to the dealer with a broken front wheel axe. The dealer said that my warranty is expired since I passed 60,000 miles. I was shocked and went to the business manager that sold me the warranty. She explained that they sold me a new car warranty and that its my problem that I signed it. After threatening that Ill go to court she agreed to cover that one time treatment and had me signed that they have no obligation to me anymore. I was very short on money and had to fix the car so I accepted the offer. 2 months after that the axe broke down again and I went to another mechanic to fix it and paid money again.

Few days ago the engines computer of the car went down and the car started to stall out while running. I took the car to the dealer and they said that the dealer only covers 80,000 miles for that part. I took the car to another mechanic that found a sticker on the computer that sais that it was re-programmed on 2001 and that the dealer should be responsible for the fix.

Went back to the dealer who said that they are not responsible.

Once again I loose to these guy and pay a hefty price.

I ordered a new computer for $512 and pay rental cars for that time plus labor for them to place and program the computer.

Overall I feel really screwed by this dealer and would like to 1.bring that to your attention and 2. See if there is any case for me to sue these guys.

I went to look at a minivan and made it clear that we will not purchase the van unless the financing was low. They required a deposit and an appointment to site with the financing officer. We decided not to purchase the van, gave them a call and of course was pestered with all the new deals they had now.

Of course we said no and told them to 1) return the check or 2) tear it up. A few days later when checking our account, we say that the check was cashed and they refused to give us a refund. When my wife spoke to them, they (Luis) said that I did not talk to him and they were deposited the check anyway. These people are thieves and not matter how many times I left a message, they refused to return my call.

WATCH OUT FOR Carlos (boss) and Luis.

We signed a contract to purchase a new Jeep Liberty. They forced us to buy the extended warranty. They insisted we finance the car with less than optimal terms. We wanted 0% financing - they said we wouldn't qualify without even checking with the bank. Meanwhile, we had a copy of our credit report from experian.com which said we had excellent credit history. We signed the deal and the next day, we took time off from work to go to the bank to get a $12,000 cashier's check.

Two days later, they called to say the car (brand new) was defective. They backed out of the deal and tried to bait and switch us to a more expensive car. We wouldn't do it. We think they sold our original car to someone else who offered them more money for the car. They wouldn't show us the car to prove that it was defective.

I want to be reimbursed for the time I took off from work to get the cashier's check. I also want to be reimbursed for the interest that I lost on my $12,000. Total amount that I want from the dealer = $175.00

I wanted to buy a Grand Cherokee with Bayside Jeep in 7/11/00. They ask me to deposit $200.00 in check which I did. I did not get approved with there bank. Since then (over a month ago) I have been requsting for my check that was cashed in the bank back and they keep giving me excuses. I spoke to the Accounting Department today 8/21/00 at 1:10pm and she told that the Managers ( Eric Lawrence and Tom Stephens ) and the Sales person (Mohammed Ali) did not request a check for me.

Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge Company Profile