Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5
Visit Website

Fueled by customers' frustration with the auto transport industry and their desire to provide the best experience possible -- Bargain Auto Transport was created to revolutionize the process. The team of seasoned transport professionals provides vehicle shipping and car moves at the lowest cost possible. At Bargain, you make the decisions. The entire experience, whether that be a price change or accepting a carrier's offer, will need your approval before any action is taken. No matter the vehicle type, the process remains the same to get you the lowest price. Call to get your free quote now!

BOTTOM LINE

Bargain Auto Transport’s experts analyze prices and trends to find you the best routes. If you need your vehicle picked up within 48 hours, Bargain isn’t the best choice. Bargain’s representatives consider your shipment preferences to develop a customized transport plan.

PROS

• Set-your-price quotes
  • Offers open and enclosed transport
  • Door-to-door shipping on all transports
  • Delivers to all 48 continental states

CONS

• Doesn't ship motorcycles or boats
  • No terminal-to-terminal shipping

About Bargain Auto Transport

Bargain Auto Transport is an auto transport broker company that connects consumers with the most reliable carriers across the country. Their representatives help customers find a price that works for them. Some auto transporters offer a fixed price as a take-it-or-leave-it option. The representatives at Bargain Auto Transport work with you to determine the optimal amount to offer to carriers, and continue to advise and work on your behalf until a highly qualified carrier accepts an agreed upon amount. This is an effective way of shipping a car at an affordable rate.

Bargain Auto Transport’s team of data scientists monitor routes, track price fluctuations and analyze market data in order to find the best route for you. Bargain Auto Transport is a bonded, licensed and insured auto transport company that delivers to all 48 contiguous states. If you’re looking to ship within a budget, Bargain Auto Transport is a solid choice.

Bargain Auto Transport cost

The price to ship a car with Bargain Auto Transport varies greatly, so it’s best to call and ask about pricing. The average cost to transport an average-sized sedan a moderate distance within the U.S. with most auto transport companies ranges from $750 to $1,200. To keep costs down, plan your move as far in advance as possible to allow more time to get the best price. It also helps if you are flexible about when your car is picked up and dropped off.

Other factors that affect how much it costs to ship a car with Bargain Auto Transport include type of car, pick up and delivery locations, timing of the transport and the type of trailer requested.

Bargain Auto Transport shipping options

Every vehicle shipped by Bargain Auto Transport is shipped door to door. Terminal-to-terminal shipping, where cars are picked up and dropped off at a nearby terminal, is not offered. When planning, keep in mind that carriers will offer a time window between two and four hours for pickup or dropoff. Different consumers want different levels of protection for their car, so Bargain Auto Transport offers both open and enclosed shipping options.

Open shippingEnclosed shipping
Most affordableMore expensive
Vehicle is exposed to the elementsVehicle is covered and protected
Ships 6–10 cars per carrierShips 1–5 cars per carrier
Best for everyday vehiclesBest for exotic, antique or expensive vehicles

Do we recommend Bargain Auto Transport?

We recommend Bargain Auto Transport for their willingness to work with consumers to find the right price for them. Their door-to-door shipping is a convenient way for consumers to ship their cars with as little hassle as possible. Especially for budgeters and people with a flexible shipping schedule, Bargain Auto Transport is a great option.

Bargain Auto Transport Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

When we bought a new car, we wanted to give our old car, the 2011 Honda CR-V, to our daughter out in Portland, Oregon, 3,000 miles away. We looked at five transport companies and Bargain Auto Transport's persistence got us to use them. I was really nervous about it and contacted a local trucking company here. The fellow said to me to make a choice and get on with it. The very next day, the rep called and she was very professional and confident. My husband and I were both in the car when the call came in and my husband said that we needed to go with them. I'm not sorry about how it worked out. They were a really excellent brokering company for us. I spoke with many others at Bargain and they were all very nice.

However, if we had to do it all over again, we would do a covered. We chose November to transport the vehicle and it went through a snowstorm. It was the last one to be put on the truck and at the very end, Kristen said that when the car arrived, it was really dirty. It also needed $2,500 worth of work. But so far, there was not a dent or scratch on the car and everything else seemed to be in really good order. Bargain is a great company, but make sure that the car isn't on an open transport this time of year, that it is covered.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Your company lived up to its #3 rating as far as I'm concerned. Sound advice from Kelsey & another lady I talked to as far as the correct price or quote. She advised me to stay with the quote which averaged the price for the distance involved over the past month, for at least a week & by gosh in a week, I had a carrier at the advertised quote. Prior to this I'd been badgered by another company which had a similar quote but all three offers came in about 40% more & I was told that was the current market. I voted with my feet so to speak, & searched out your company. I had a very courteous driver in Chris with good communication throughout the 6 day period the vehicle saw the USA! Very glad to do business with you and would recommend to anyone interested.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had an inoperable vehicle that I needed to be repaired. It's a classic, antique car and it was shipped across 2,500 miles, from Austin, Texas to Portland, Oregon, in eight days. I chose Bargain Auto Transport based on the ratings on the company. There were several reviews that recommended them as a trustworthy, reliable company. Their cost was in line with market and it was fairly priced for the service. The customer service rep also skewed me towards a less expensive option within their platform. The way my situation was handled was great. My brother received the car and the driver was able to meet him at the predetermined location. The only thing is that maybe they could add a GPS tracking system. But the driver who picked up and delivered the vehicle was excellent and the car arrived in perfect condition. There was no change in it.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had a great experience shipping my car with Bargain Auto Transport. I found out they are actually a sister company of Sherpa Auto Transport so knowing this, I was confident I would get great service. I appreciate their transparency from the beginning and the great communication throughout the process. At first I wasn't sure about the bidding process but they explained how it works. Because I was flexible and wasn't on any shipping deadline, shipping with Bargain Auto Transport was perfect for me. They got me a great deal to ship my car from California to New Jersey and I didn't even have to wait long or raise my initial carrier fee before my car got accepted. I got a lot of calls and higher quotes from various auto transport companies and I am glad I chose a credible and trustworthy company like Bargain Auto Transport. I found great quality service for the lowest cost (a true Bargain!).

I worked with Felicia, Casey, and Quentin who were all helpful, informative, and friendly! They answered all my questions and facilitated communication with the carrier for me. From pickup to delivery, everything went smoothly. My car was safely delivered from California to New Jersey in 6 days travel time. I would absolutely recommend Bargain Auto Transport to friends and family and will use you them in the future should I ever need auto transport services again.

Bargain Auto Transport response

Thanks for allowing us to assist you in shipping your vehicle, Mary Grace! Working with Bargain Auto Transport allows you to get the best of both worlds: the industry-best customer service our sister company is widely known for and the ability to decide what you're willing to pay to relocate your car.

We know that understanding how auto transport pricing works can be tricky. That's why our seasoned representatives are there to share valuable insights into the marketplace and process and answer any question you might have. The result is, as you describe in your review, your car being shipped at the lowest possible price.

Thank you again for choosing Bargain Auto Transport. We look forward to partnering with you again!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Last month I arranged to have my parents’ car shipped across country as they were moving from Palm Desert, California to Charlotte, NC. I was a bit anxious with all the details involved in such a move, especially for seniors. I was contacted by the local company out in Calif that would be picking it up and could not have spoken to a nicer person who really put me at ease and assured me they would be there when they said they would and that they would contact me on their way. Sure enough all went as planned and the car arrived in good condition without a problem! It felt good to know they were on top of it and one less thing for me to be concerned about. I would highly recommend this company for anyone, they were definitely on top of their game!

Bargain Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Bargain Auto Transport, Laurie! Our team thoroughly enjoyed assisting you in relocating your car from California to Charlotte. Bargain was founded with the intention put the most important person in the process, you - the customer, in the driver's seat. We do this by providing critical insight about the auto transport industry and the average cost of shipments similar to yours to help you determine what you’re willing to pay to move your car based on your transport preferences and priorities.

It's wonderful to know that you found our team to be professional and reliable. Our representatives promise to stay in touch with you throughout this entire process to keep you updated and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again for working with us. We look forward to partnering with you to ship a car again in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bargain Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I bought a car in another state and Bargain Auto Transport transported it from Ohio to Virginia. I liked their responsiveness and price so I went with them. The final cost was exactly as I was quoted. Their reps had some suggestions about how we had posted the ad, so I took them up on their suggestions, and I got it delivered in the time that we wanted. The condition of my vehicle was good, just as I had expected. The delivery driver gave me his phone number, and he answered his phone and my questions during the whole process. Everything went exactly like they said it would. I would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I needed to get my car to Idaho because I travel there a lot. I have employees there. Bargain Auto Transport has probate and they were reputable. I found the right solution so I decided to go with them. Their cost was too high, but I got done what I needed to get done. I would always accept the lower price, but I don't want a lower service. So far, the vehicle arrived and one of their people called me the other day. I was happy with the end result. Everything went very good with my Bargain Auto Transport experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We were moving a family member out to live with us in Michigan and we needed to move her car. Although Bargain Auto wasn't the least expensive option, it was the least expensive that fit within our delivery window. If I was willing to wait much longer to have the car picked up and be without the vehicle for a longer time, we may have gone with somebody else that was cheaper. But given the window we needed it and the use of it needing to be done, Bargain Auto was the best choice for us. Our experience went fine and the whole process from pick up to delivery was completed within a week.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My brother bought a 2016 BMW 550 down here in Florida and he needed it shipped 1,300 miles to New York. We called four different companies and although other companies reached back out, Bargain Auto Transport had a better price. My brother got the vehicle off the transport in New York and as far as I know, he had no problems. Working with Bargain Auto Transport was a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Initially, I was going with Bargain Auto Transport's sister company. Because I had a really flexible timeframe, they referred me to Bargain which gave me a better deal and price. The rep at Bargain was patient and informative. Given the flexible timeframe that we gave them, they picked up the car really quickly. We put in the order on a Saturday and they picked up the car on Wednesday. They delivered my vehicle in a timely fashion on that Saturday. The driver was really quick.

Bargain Auto Transport Company Information