Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Fueled by customers' frustration with the auto transport industry and their desire to provide the best experience possible -- Bargain Auto Transport was created to revolutionize the process. The team of seasoned transport professionals provides vehicle shipping and car moves at the lowest cost possible. At Bargain, you make the decisions. The entire experience, whether that be a price change or accepting a carrier's offer, will need your approval before any action is taken. No matter the vehicle type, the process remains the same to get you the lowest price. Call to get your free quote now!

BOTTOM LINE

Bargain Auto Transport’s experts analyze prices and trends to find you the best routes. If you need your vehicle picked up within 48 hours, Bargain isn’t the best choice. Bargain’s representatives consider your shipment preferences to develop a customized transport plan.

PROS

• Set-your-price quotes
  • Offers open and enclosed transport
  • Door-to-door shipping on all transports
  • Delivers to all 48 continental states

CONS

• Doesn't ship motorcycles or boats
  • No terminal-to-terminal shipping

About Bargain Auto Transport

Bargain Auto Transport is an auto transport broker company that connects consumers with the most reliable carriers across the country. Their representatives help customers find a price that works for them. Some auto transporters offer a fixed price as a take-it-or-leave-it option. The representatives at Bargain Auto Transport work with you to determine the optimal amount to offer to carriers, and continue to advise and work on your behalf until a highly qualified carrier accepts an agreed upon amount. This is an effective way of shipping a car at an affordable rate.

Bargain Auto Transport’s team of data scientists monitor routes, track price fluctuations and analyze market data in order to find the best route for you. Bargain Auto Transport is a bonded, licensed and insured auto transport company that delivers to all 48 contiguous states. If you’re looking to ship within a budget, Bargain Auto Transport is a solid choice.

Bargain Auto Transport cost

The price to ship a car with Bargain Auto Transport varies greatly, so it’s best to call and ask about pricing. The average cost to transport an average-sized sedan a moderate distance within the U.S. with most auto transport companies ranges from $750 to $1,200. To keep costs down, plan your move as far in advance as possible to allow more time to get the best price. It also helps if you are flexible about when your car is picked up and dropped off.

Other factors that affect how much it costs to ship a car with Bargain Auto Transport include type of car, pick up and delivery locations, timing of the transport and the type of trailer requested.

Bargain Auto Transport shipping options

Every vehicle shipped by Bargain Auto Transport is shipped door to door. Terminal-to-terminal shipping, where cars are picked up and dropped off at a nearby terminal, is not offered. When planning, keep in mind that carriers will offer a time window between two and four hours for pickup or dropoff. Different consumers want different levels of protection for their car, so Bargain Auto Transport offers both open and enclosed shipping options.

Open shippingEnclosed shipping
Most affordableMore expensive
Vehicle is exposed to the elementsVehicle is covered and protected
Ships 6–10 cars per carrierShips 1–5 cars per carrier
Best for everyday vehiclesBest for exotic, antique or expensive vehicles

Do we recommend Bargain Auto Transport?

We recommend Bargain Auto Transport for their willingness to work with consumers to find the right price for them. Their door-to-door shipping is a convenient way for consumers to ship their cars with as little hassle as possible. Especially for budgeters and people with a flexible shipping schedule, Bargain Auto Transport is a great option.

3 Bargain Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had a great experience shipping my car with Bargain Auto Transport. I found out they are actually a sister company of Sherpa Auto Transport so knowing this, I was confident I would get great service. I appreciate their transparency from the beginning and the great communication throughout the process. At first I wasn't sure about the bidding process but they explained how it works. Because I was flexible and wasn't on any shipping deadline, shipping with Bargain Auto Transport was perfect for me. They got me a great deal to ship my car from California to New Jersey and I didn't even have to wait long or raise my initial carrier fee before my car got accepted. I got a lot of calls and higher quotes from various auto transport companies and I am glad I chose a credible and trustworthy company like Bargain Auto Transport. I found great quality service for the lowest cost (a true Bargain!).

I worked with Felicia, Casey, and Quentin who were all helpful, informative, and friendly! They answered all my questions and facilitated communication with the carrier for me. From pickup to delivery, everything went smoothly. My car was safely delivered from California to New Jersey in 6 days travel time. I would absolutely recommend Bargain Auto Transport to friends and family and will use you them in the future should I ever need auto transport services again.

Bargain Auto Transport response

Thanks for allowing us to assist you in shipping your vehicle, Mary Grace! Working with Bargain Auto Transport allows you to get the best of both worlds: the industry-best customer service our sister company is widely known for and the ability to decide what you're willing to pay to relocate your car.

We know that understanding how auto transport pricing works can be tricky. That's why our seasoned representatives are there to share valuable insights into the marketplace and process and answer any question you might have. The result is, as you describe in your review, your car being shipped at the lowest possible price.

Thank you again for choosing Bargain Auto Transport. We look forward to partnering with you again!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I used Bargain Auto Transport for a move from Michigan to Arizona. They got here in a very reasonable amount of time. I like the bid process, the transparency of this company and the absence of sales pressure. I went with them because of being able to know that I was paying them a fee for facilitating the move and then the bid for the driver was up to me to make was very appealing. The customer service rep was fantastic. The quality of their service was outstanding, particularly the driver. It was a bargain. I might’ve gotten a price that good with somebody else, but I wanted to deal with a company that I didn’t feel like was not gonna be here today, gone tomorrow.

Bargain Auto Transport response

James, thank you for the great review! The experience you describe in your review is exactly what we strive to provide for every customer. Bargain was founded on the ideals of empowerment, transparency and excellent customer service. When you work with Bargain you get the benefit of our years of experience in the auto transport industry all while being in control of the process and the pricing. We empower you by letting you determine the pricing based on the insight our seasoned representatives provide regarding the market and industry. Every aspect of the process is transparent - we're upfront about how much we keep and how much the carriers require to ship your vehicle. All of this while you get top-notch customer service centered on frequent and professional communication.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. Should you need to transport another vehicle in the future - we look forward to assisting you!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Last month I arranged to have my parents’ car shipped across country as they were moving from Palm Desert, California to Charlotte, NC. I was a bit anxious with all the details involved in such a move, especially for seniors. I was contacted by the local company out in Calif that would be picking it up and could not have spoken to a nicer person who really put me at ease and assured me they would be there when they said they would and that they would contact me on their way. Sure enough all went as planned and the car arrived in good condition without a problem! It felt good to know they were on top of it and one less thing for me to be concerned about. I would highly recommend this company for anyone, they were definitely on top of their game!

Bargain Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Bargain Auto Transport, Laurie! Our team thoroughly enjoyed assisting you in relocating your car from California to Charlotte. Bargain was founded with the intention put the most important person in the process, you - the customer, in the driver's seat. We do this by providing critical insight about the auto transport industry and the average cost of shipments similar to yours to help you determine what you’re willing to pay to move your car based on your transport preferences and priorities.

It's wonderful to know that you found our team to be professional and reliable. Our representatives promise to stay in touch with you throughout this entire process to keep you updated and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again for working with us. We look forward to partnering with you to ship a car again in the future!

Bargain Auto Transport Company Information