1.00/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

66 AutoAnything Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My floor liners did not fit the vehicle they were purchased for. Maxliner had changed the design and made NO mention of this. After many emails, phone calls, and chats, it was clear that customer service at AutoAnything had no clue how to help me and had no intention of helping me solve the problem. I have purchased from this company before and had great service. I am not sure what has changed but their customer service and support are not the worst I have encountered in my many online shopping experiences. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I went online and purchased a Viair air filter for my portable air compressor. Yes, it was the cheapest price and it said it would be shipped Feb 14-18 and was IN STOCK. I ordered it and my card was charged immediately for 9.77. The next day I got an email saying my order was delayed 10-14 days later and wouldn't be shipped into February 28! I called and it was NOT in stock and back ordered! I cancelled the order and was told I wouldn't see a refund for another 5-7 business days. How convenient that they charged me RIGHT AWAY for a part that they DID NOT HAVE and kept my money for over a week after I cancelled it.

I call taking money from someone when you know you don't have it STEALING and companies that falsely advertise that they do have it when they don't is misleading. I will never order or buy anything from AutoAnything again. I'm still waiting for my refund and upon checking, they still state that the part I originally ordered is IN STOCK and will ship within 4 days even though I was told otherwise. Liars and they steal from you.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Ordered a grill guard for our daughter. She received it after a month coming from California to Montana. Seems like a long time. Was the wrong year and damaged. They said if no one picks it up to discard it. So when on the phone I ordered another one and got a discount. After a month it had not arrived. I called and they said the 2nd one was in Utah should be there in a few days. After 2 weeks I called back. They said the order was cancelled which I never did. Told them to take it off credit card and they were totally out of the loop. Couldn't for the life of me get them to understand what happened. Got an email saying to send pictures of the damaged first grill guard and they would get back to me.

My daughter sent me the pictures and I sent them. Never heard from them! Mind you in the email they think this is the 2007 (the second one) that was ordered and she never received, not the first 2011 one that was damaged. So I guess their loss. Also, wait time on phone is way too long before you get a real person, and then they put you on hold forever while they say they need to talk to someone. We'll sell it on Craigslist. Worst company I've ever had to deal with!!! Warning: Don't ever buy from them. You either won't get it, it will be damaged, bad customer service! 0 points for the review.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have ordered a set of Saddleman seat cover from Autoanything.com. These are “custom” made for specific vehicles so I agreed on the no return policy. Upon receiving the covers I did a quick inspection and found a few little flaws on headrest covers that the manufacturer took care of. The real problem started when I started installing the covers! The missing hooks and some really ugly or missed stitches are the least of my issues. Turned out these so called custom covers won’t even cover my front seats.

After numerous emails including pictures and videos to the manufacturer their customer service dropped me and directed to AutoAnything customer service. I shared the same information with them as well. Their answer was to send covers back for repair at my cost. For crying out loud how do you repair a cover that is 3-4” short in material!? I have a full size truck and they are sending me a smart car size cover and they would only repair it if I paid for shipping and willing to wait a month to get them back. And they only wanted to address the bad stitching not the missing cover surface!!! Well, AutoAnything customer service bailed on me too. I stuck with $300 worth of junk for now. My point is to trust these reviews here. These guys will not stand up for you, the customer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My girlfriend ordered my Christmas 2018 seat covers and got a color that didn't agree with my truck interior. I was out of town for 45 days working. When I finally got around to opening the box the color she got did not agree with my interior. I called to see about exchanging but they declined. The reason was for the past 30-day policy. I understand and all is my bad, however, my previous two-seat cover purchases were with CoverKing who is, in fact, the one's AutoAnything contracts to make the seat covers. CoverKing would have taken this purchase back. I know because I had contacted them thinking it was where my girlfriend bought them. You want someone who will work with you, put your money into CoverKing, best seat cover out there and they stand behind their work, and go the extra mile to make things right. AutoAnything order number - **. Customer ID **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoAnything?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

They cancelled my order so they wouldn't have to pay the cash back affiliate I used. Then they lied and said my credit card company denied the charge. The transaction posted to my card and then was refunded 2 days later. This is not the process if a charge is denied. They refused to process my original order and wouldn't even offer a coupon for my trouble. I was told the item I purchased didn't qualify for discounts, which only confirms the fact that they cancelled my order because they didn't want to pay additional cash back. They have a 1-star rating out of 40+ reviews with the affiliate I used, so dozens of people must have had the same experience I did. Don't buy from them if you use a cash back partner like Coupon Cabin, Upromise or eBates. And since their prices aren't competitive without additional cash back or discounts, don't bother ordering from them at all.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered AVS low profile weather guards from this company expecting a quick shipment due to my old weather guards being cracked. As I sit here and wait 3 days after ordering I finally received an email stating my shipment had shipped and the arrival date of 4 days later not including if they come in damaged. Wow! Hope nobody has a project vehicle or job needing to be done because chances are this company will not do you any favors. Wish I could give them 0 stars.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

First off, DO NOT order AVS In-Channel visors if your vehicle has a pressure system with the window. Particularly a Ford Explorer after 2014. Second, the customer service was non existent. I’m just glad I only lost $45. After my bad experience I believe all negative comments about this store. From the long waits and time being added, to the never getting a call back. These happened to me also. I was also told I would be contacted within 48 hours, now almost two weeks later and trying to leave two callback request, nothing. I DO NOT advise using this business.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wish there was a 0 star option. Like most reviewers here, I wished I read these reviews. The item we ordered arrived damaged. On-line chat, when it was available on the 3rd day of trying, never went through and I was in Position 2. Phone wait time was supposedly 35 minutes, but after 50 minutes I had to hang up.

Next time I called Customer Support, I pressed the buttons for a callback. No callback in several hours. Will never purchase from this vendor again. Cost of lesson $140.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

My experience with them was they straight up suck! I will never use AutoAnything ever again! Shipping was good but that's it... I order a break kit front and rears power stop extreme kit... Every was good. I opened the package and I didn't receive the caliper gaskets... I called customer service and explained to them what happened. I was told they would handle it and they would contact power stop and would email me shipping information... I let 3 days go by and I didn't receive anything called back 3 days and they had nothing in there system of me calling and asking for their help...

Then one guy told me the gaskets only come with the rear kit which is not true they come with front and back they just didn't want to deal with it... I called again waited 40 just to talk to someone and told them to ** off. I'll just buy them from another store near me so I paid for the product, didn't receive it and have to go out and buy the gaskets. They suck. They are the worst ever. They don't want to work they just want your money. Do yourself a favor and don't buy nothing from them. It's not worth the head you will pay for.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I placed an order on November 25th and was given a shipping date of the 26th. That was soon updated to the 27th and then to December 12th. On December 27th the shipment still hadn't arrived. I tried to use their customer service web chat but they told me to call. I called and spent 30 minutes on hold. During that hold I used the chat again to see if they could help. They said their "efficient" customer service number was the only way they could help. I pointed out that their "efficient" customer service had me on hold for 30 minutes and if I didn't get help soon that I would just call my credit card company to file a fraudulent charge claim. That's when they told me I could do that but that they would fight it and block me from buying from them again. Long story - short. I eventually got someone on the phone who said they'd refund my money but only after a combined 40 minutes on hold.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I made a purchase on Thursday, paid for overnight shipping, went out on Friday. They tell me that FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday which I know is a bunch of BS because they literally say on their website that they do home deliveries on Saturdays. Now I won't receive my package until Monday and paid an extra 20 bucks for nothing. Bunch of nonsense. Will never use this company again and highly suggest you don't either.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Return process is horrible. It is as if they try to make returns as difficult as possible - you have to call and wait for a long time, 20-30 mins at least. Then you have to wait for an email which takes forever, if it even shows up.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Dealing with AutoAnything is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with concerning ordered product. They did not take enough out on my account. Therefore I’m waiting on a product to be delivered that was never delivered however they still have my money. And trying to get this resolved someone placed an order for another Tonneau cover for me. I have spent several hours trying to get this issue resolved and as of the moment it’s still is not. They said it could take up to seven days and they would return my money into my account. I just find it amazing that they can take my money within minutes of my order but they cannot return it for seven days. And why the customer service representative would ordered me another cover last night was beyond me. Ordering a product should be simple not having to deal with it for days at a time in order to receive a refund. AutoAnything is not worth the time or money. Just skip them and go to another company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

One star is the minimum or I would have chosen negative. This company has the worst customer service. Stay away. After purchasing some seat covers for a gift, the seat covers didn’t fit. I called to exchange for a correct fit. The website description was completely wrong, and very misleading. They basically force you to buy the wrong item. When I asked for an exchange, "Well you ordered the wrong item." I explained that the website directed me to the “ right” covers. Well they said they expect you to know that they wouldn’t fit. What a crock. The agent was extremely condescending and complete lack of give a crap. Absolute worst customer service. NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a bed cover and a part was broke one it and I couldn't get any help from customer service. The call times are very long and they don't call back. I feel with the money I spent that the customer service should be much better.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I went on this website to order a windshield cover for when it starts snowing. I submitted the order but for whatever reason the order was cancelled by the company. They had charged my card and reissued the money back to me. I started a live chat on their website and waited 20 minutes to even talk to someone. Once I finally was able to talk to someone they told me my order had never been processed but told me to call the customer service number for more information. I called and got a hold of someone pretty quickly but he put me on hold for 20 minutes the hung up on me. No explanation. No nothing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Purchased a Noah covercraft cover that stated 4 year warranty. After 1 year water seeped thru and there was mold on my vehicle's paint. AutoAnything said that the product was not waterproof and was not covered by warranty. If you read the description on the product it states water resistant. I guess that means water gets thru. You be the judge. They will not get back to me and would hang up my calls. Best not to use AutoAnything. Go directly with manufacturers of the product you are trying to buy as AutoAnything just take your money and play the blaming game.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I ordered a trailer hitch from them and knew at the time it was going to take approximately two weeks to get it. After I received the mounting hardware was missing. I called and used the chat line and talked with 2 representatives who both said that it would take two days to get a email response from the warehouse. I asked at this time, “Why don't you just pick up the phone and call them and have the part expedited since it was their fault.” I got nowhere with this and waited 2.5 business days and had no response from them at all so I got back on their Chat line to find out what was going on. The rep at this time apologized for this delay and actually called the warehouse.

Well four days have passed and no call or email from them explaining the tracking number. I then emailed them today (Valentino) and again he apologized for losing track of this. At this time I emailed them again and said I would just return the product since I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get the part I needed. This is the email I then received. “The hardware kit is already on its way to your address. The return label for this order is being sent in a separate email and we are covering the return shipping because of the situation with the hardware kit so the returned package will refund $100.60 upon successful receipt of the returned hitch + hardware kit by the manufacturer's return facility."

"It costs $20.95 to pay for the return shipping and an additional $15 for the call-tag to have a truck sent out to you. We can waive the 20% restocking fee ($20.12) and the return cost ($20.95), or we can waive the restocking fee and the $15 charge for the truck to be sent out, but we cannot waive all three. Let me know how you would like to proceed.” If you go back at look at their return policy you will find out this is nothing like they state they will do. Bottom line is the company seems to represent their selves very well selling something however they seem to not care at all with your expense or time wasted from mistakes on their part.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a set of custom rims. I spoke with a so call expert on the phone about the offset I would need for my truck. I trusted him because he was supposedly he was an expert. First mistake, I took my tires and rims to be mounted all went well until I went to get the tires put on the truck. They did not fit, wrong offset. So I call customer service. 2nd mistake I told them that their so called expert sent me the wrong rims. They told me that because I've mounted the tires on the rims that I wasnt able to return them. I explained to them that I wasnt the one that picked the offset. Their employee was. This has been going on now for over 2 months. Now I cant drive my truck. I'm out 650.00 dollars plus paying to have the tires unmounted and remounted on the right rims. Almost a total of 1000.00 dollars. Do not order ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAM ARTIST. If you do and you have a chance to talk to Martin. Just hang up. He is a useless POS.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Went online to find a grill guard for my truck. One came up that I really liked so I decided to order it. It went through AutoAnything. My bank records showed they took the money out within a few minutes of placing the order. I waited for a few days and noticed I never received an order confirmation or receipt. I called them and they reported my card was declined and the product would not be shipped. Tried to explain my bank showed it went through but the customer service rep became argumentative that it didn’t. So, they basically took my money and refused to give me the product I ordered. Had to call my bank and file a dispute report and change my credit card. Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I bought a toolbox for my Tacoma back in August, send me the wrong Two months later and after many, many calls at customer service this huge box still sitting in my kitchen and the “correct size toolbox” still on its way after 2 months. Customer service is a joke. They apologize, look at the “notes” from previous calls but NOTHING!!! Is done ask for my money back but since the toolbox is on its way they can’t return my money. This people just took my hard earned money and all I can do is continue to wait. I can call anymore. This morons don’t know anything about customer service and the excuses and apologies are ridiculous. Lesson learn. Save yourself the headache and buy at your local store, you spend little more but at least if there’s a problem it can be solved face to face.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

AutoAnything supplied wheels for my son's Nissan Ultima car 2015, The wheels are wobbling on my son's Car, Nissan gave a report that the wheels are ideal for Nissan and they are damaging the threading on wheelbase mount. This wobbling happened thrice on Highways, and thrice the vehicle was taken to Nissan and other service centers. Every time they said it is the wheels that is the culprit. AutoAnything does not want to honor the warranty and they say that the manufacturer is not making these model of wheels anymore, with that they are washing their hands and walking away from honoring the warranty. Very unprofessional, unethical business, never TRUST and never buy wheels or anything from AutoAnything, I have decided to sue them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I placed an order for some seat covers. However the customer service agent misspelled my address which for some reason launched a fraud investigation on their part. I called my CC company who verified with me that no fraud was evident on my account. However AutoAnything has a different view and would not process my order or give me a confirmation number. However they DID charge my CC?? I tried to replace the order 3 times but after being placed on hold for a total of 41 minutes my order was still not processed!! They say in their phone prompts that they value customer service however their actions speak the opposite. I would consider AutoAnything borderline incompetent. I will not shop here again and will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If you sign up for their email list you are given a 20% promo code to use on your first order over $99 to be used in the first 3 days. The email doesn’t say anything about manufacture limitations thus resulting in the promo not being used for this particular product I was interested in. Their response was short but did offer a smaller discount which I turned down. I did happen to click on the link they sent that dictated their discount but what was once free shipping on the full price of the item had now become TBD. You’re overcharging on the original price to recoup your shipping fee. Not only is this wrong but shameful you took this route on someone that was simply trying to get what your email promised, 20% off first purchase.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered a custom sunscreen and the one that arrived was clearly not for my car. Easy fix. I called and they sent me a return label and said that when they got confirmation they would send another. They did. Unfortunately, they sent a screen for the wrong model to the wrong address. I sent an email outlining all of this and they told me I had to call. I called and after 30 minutes of wait time, customer service answered. They told me that they needed to confirm with FedEx that the package was intercepted and not delivered before they could send me a new one. Basically, if they could not confirm that the item they wrongly shipped to the wrong address was delivered, I was on the hook. Seriously? I cancelled my order and will NEVER use AutoAnything again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered Maxliner floor mats for my 2007 Jeep jk 4 door a complete set first, second and cargo liner. I received one cargo liner and called to let them know I only received on cargo liner. They would correct the order and ship the first and second row mats out. One week later I received one cargo liner. Now I have two so I called on Friday afternoon to let them know I received just another cargo liner and no front and rear mats, they would correct the order on Monday and call me to let me know they were shipped out.

I never heard from them on Monday so I called them on Tuesday and was told I would have to send one cargo liner back before they would resend anymore to me as to say they were blaming me for their mistakes. I informed them to send me a shipping label and I was sending their two cargo liners back and to credit my Visa. We will see. If they screw that up also, I will never do business with AutoAnything again. They screw up and have no intentions of correcting anything.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a windshield suncover for a FJ Cruiser, it wasn't even close to fitting although it said it did, not expensive $35, however what I have to do to return it is crazy - these guys are bad news, won't pick up phones when you call - STAY AWAY. VERY SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I had returned a set, front and rear seat covers that we bought from this company and after giving all the specs to the sales person was assured they would fit. When we got them we took them out of the box in our living room and noticed right away they weren't the right ones, called and got return label emailed to me then, they were put back in the same box and taken to FedEx drop off site that day.

They received them the next week and issued a credit to my card. Two weeks later I get an email stating that my return had been denied, that they only received the rear seat cover and it was covered with dog hair, we don't have a dog in the house! They charged the price back to my credit card. After calling twice was told they did receive them both but they were covered with white hair and they were sending them back to me. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEF!

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2018

After contacting Customer "Disservice" one more time, I received a confirmation notice that my order would be arriving by 8/10/2018. I went to the tracking number they provided but it connected to nothing!

Amazingly, on the 10th, I got a call from my mechanic that the supercharger was delivered. Shock! Shock! I truly believe that it took a scare from my credit card company, review from Consumer Affairs, and a threat of legal action to get them off their asses! Called the credit card company to reinstate the charges!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been ordering from AutoAnything for over 10 years and have been pleased with their products, free shipping, and prices. That affirmation all changed when I made a major purchase of an Edelbrock Stage One supercharger for my 2010 Camaro SS. After a great deal of research, I decided on this brand because of its quality and reputation. I ordered it by phone from a customer service agent on July 17, 2018. This was nearly a $7, 000 purchase so the rep was thrilled to help me. The checkout confirmation stated that the kit was in stock and would ship between 7/25 and 7/27. On 7/31, I received a "Revised Shipping Date" of 8/30/2018, ONE MONTH longer than what was originally stated.

I immediately contacted customer service via email, and expressed my outrage at this extremely lengthy extension for delivery. They stated in a timely response that "due to the popularity of Edelbrock's products, the manufacture's production is occasionally unable to keep up with consumer's demands." If this new date was accurate, I wouldn't receive the supercharger for nearly 50 days from the original order date! I thought this sounded very suspicious and checked with 2 other aftermarket parts companies. They stated they could get me the kit in 21 days from the order date. I still wasn't satisfied, so I contacted a rep from the Edelbrock factory. He said this charger could be sent out in 3 weeks.

I contacted customer "service" with the information I had just learned, and they would not even respond to several follow-up emails. I called customer "service" and when I gave them the order #, they put me on hold and did NOT even connect to a rep. I tried several more times, to no avail. After reading a sampling of these reviews on Consumer Affairs, I can see a very clear pattern of misrepresentation and deflection. I Googled AutoAnything and found that the company had been bought out last February. It is safe to say that Auto "Nothing" is not long for this world.

I am attempting to get my credit card company to refund my money. They are investigating and I am waiting to hear the result! I am retired and an avid car enthusiast and will not let this con game go unanswered. I have contacted the Consumer Affairs office for my state's Attorney General, and am willing to take this issue as far as needed including legal action. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

AutoAnything expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AutoAnything was established in 1979 as a company selling sheepskin seat covers and custom floor mats for vehicles. It has since expanded to be a comprehensive online auto store specializing in performance parts, interior and exterior accessories and more.

• Direct shipping: AutoAnything maintains relationships with parts manufacturers, and your order ships directly from the manufacturer’s warehouse. This means they can offer a larger selection of products and you receive your order quickly.

• Lower price guarantee: AutoAnything guarantees that your purchase price will be the lowest in the industry. If you find a cheaper advertised price for the same product, they offer a refund of the difference plus $1.

• Free shipping: Nearly all of AutoAnything’s products ship free to the contiguous United States by standard ground shipping. The only exceptions are oversized items that cannot be shipped via ground shipping.

• Simple website navigation: AutoAnything’s website design allows you to search by brand, make, model, year or customer reviews, so you can find the product you need quickly and efficiently.

• Wholesale options: For consumers who need to purchase automotive accessories in bulk, AutoAnything offers a wholesale program. If you are a small business owner, this can help you equip a fleet of vehicles at a discount.

• Best for: budget-conscious automobile and truck owners and vehicle fleet owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs