2.00/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for auto and truck accessories?

31 AutoAnything Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

Ordered a lumber rack for our company truck... A month later still not received and so I contact customer service. Their response is that it is back ordered and they don't have a date when it will be available... I already waited a MONTH, and now I have to start over with a different company. I should of been contacted the moment it was put on back order, not when it is already late. In addition to the fact that I am the one who contacted them! Will never order from this company again.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a set of 4 custom rims for my 2016 Toyota. When they arrived, I took them to my local Costco to have tires mounted and installed on car. Technician reported him and his supervisor were both unable to install one of the wheels due to manufacturer's defect. I reported this in a phone call to AutoAnything as well as a written request for assistance.

I received an email a week later asking for photos at which time I explained I had taken the same rims to two other tire stores who confirmed what Costco told me. The CSR refused to assist without photos so I requested a full refund and I would return the rims. She would not provide help without photos so I sent in 6 of them. AutoAnything still has not provided me with any relief or offered to replace item. I am beyond frustrated and intend to file complaint with State of California next time I travel there (in July). This is the first time I have ever written a review which shows how mad I am. Do not do business with these scammers.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered items for my truck. Did not receive as promised and even confirmed in stock when I ordered. I then canceled an item and ordered something else. They credited my card during the same phone call. Made new purchase, was put on hold to confirm availability. Gave me the date, I accepted the purchase. One day prior to it being shipped, they send me an email advising a new date over a week out. Why? Not in stock after confirming availability. Hmmm. Now trying to get my card credited and after over a week canceling the item, I just now get a email stating it will be 7-10 days? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, AVOID!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Purchased Window vents for Christmas present for my wife's KIA. Did not get a chance to fit them until spring. They did not fit. Contacted customer service who informed me that their return policy was within 90 days. I only wanted the proper fit. I don't want my money back. I don’t want to return. All that I want to do is get the proper product as advertised. Very rude customer service. It is a shame that a company would let a $35.00 mistake generate such bad will and customer dissatisfaction.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Just got done speaking with a (Joe **) about rims for a truck I am building. He ignored me twice when I gave him the exact rim sizes I wanted. Joe asked what vehicle they were for... So again I told him the exact sizes I wanted and that it was built with 1972 Chevelle running gear in a 1955 ford f100 and he tells me they won't fit that truck. I have the exact same sized rims I asked for on it the vehicle now. I simply wanted to change the rim style.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoAnything?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Purchased car seat covers and waited a long time for delivery. Once it came the next day I tried to fit it to my car seat. It was very difficult and fit poorly. AutoAnything customer service told me to contact the manufactures tech support. Really? I needed tech support for a car seat cover? Well I guess they are correct. You need tech support to put this car seat cover on. Their directions were very poor! I sent it back but was charged restocking fee of over $75 which was 15% of total bill. Ripoff!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Ordered from them for the first time trying to save a few bucks but not worth it. Been waiting 2 weeks and the item hasn't even shipped yet. Contacted them 2 days ago and they said it would ship that day and still hasn't. Never again, I'll pay a few extra bucks next time from somewhere else and have my item in a few days. If I'd of known it would take so long, I would of went somewhere else in the first place. Who knows when I'll receive my item???

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On 12/26/17 I contacted Auto Anything about purchasing shock absorbers for my truck. I had a series of questions, the first of which was were the shocks I was interested in height adjustable. I was told that they were. Because they verified that the shocks were height adjustable, I proceeded to order new rims and tires for the truck that were compatible with the projected new height of the truck.

When my mechanic attempted to install the new shock/wheel /tire combo, they discovered that these were the wrong shocks for my truck. When I contacted Auto Anything, they said they would replace the wrong shocks with the correct set. I was sent an order confirmation for new shocks that WERE'NT HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE. This rendered my new wheels and tires useless.

Also, my truck was still at the mechanic's shop. It's now 2/8/18, and when I contacted Auto Anything, after much heated discussion, I was told that their original salesman didn't know what he was doing, and has been let go. No offer to help rectify this problem. After very much more heated rhetoric, they said I could buy more equipment to make this work. They offered me a 10% discount on the new parts!!! When I asked to speak to a supervisor, they said that they don't speak on the phone. When I asked for a mailing address, they said they couldn't find that information. So now I'm waiting for the new shocks, 6 weeks after my original order. No truck, an irate mechanic, and a company, Auto Anything, proving that you don't have to be good to stay in business.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Ordered part. Something was wrong with part #. Lady was super nice got it figured out. Finally got my part. Then the filter was wrong color. Called today to get it figured out and the guy I spoke with really needs some customers service skills. But anyway looks like they're not going to help me out. I’ll take my upgrades and money somewhere else. AutoAnything you just lost my business.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered custom Neosupreme Seat covers for a 2013 Cadillac SRX. It was a phone in order and the gentleman that took the order did not note there was a restocking fee for this product. I tried to install the seat cover and could not get the set bottom to fit snugly, and the straps under the seat would not lock. The salesperson also noted that these type seats are great for pets as pet hair does not stick - Wrong - this material is a pet hair magnet. Even though I have received satisfactory products from this company before I will not be using them again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had ordered some Black Horse running boards for my mom's car for a Christmas present. I ordered these in the middle of December knowing there was an expected ship date of 1/16/2018-1/18/2018. On 1/18/2018 I chatted their customer service dept and asked about a possible ship date. I was told it was going to ship that afternoon and I would be receiving an email with a tracking number later that evening. I did not get that email. However at 8PM (5pm their time and closing time) I received an email saying the item I ordered was discontinued. What, I was just told the night before it was shipping that evening. I do not recommend this company and I know I will not shop here again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I ordered a set of AVS In-channel Visors for my husband's new truck for Christmas and after two weeks I finally got them and they did not fit and were scratched. AutoAnything sent me another set, exact same product #, which of course still did not fit. After 25 plus emails with a customer service rep, I finally got somebody on the telephone that would process a refund, though they're keeping 15% for a restocking fee because I was unable to send a second set of photo showing it didn't fit because we went to the dealership and got a brand that would fit and installed. So I wasn't going to take off to attempt to install the AVS product just for more pictures, because I already sent them pictures on my first order. I will never order from this company again because getting a product that fits was ridiculous and trying to get a simple return and refund is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

So I ordered floormats as a Christmas present on December 20 & I wanted to make sure I got them in time for Christmas so I selected 2 day shipping which cost me an additional charge of about $39. They were shipped on the 21 & when I checked the tracking it says they won’t be here until the 26. I called & customer service continues to argue with me saying they didn’t ship in the morning so the 22 would count as my first day of shipping & because of the holiday the 26 would be day 2 of shipping which already makes no sense. They lied & told me FedEx doesn’t ship on Saturdays even though I called fedex & they said yes they do.

They won’t even refund the shipping because they say I am still receiving the 2 day service. Now I went & added them to my cart again to see what it would say & there is no 2 day option, only an overnight or regular shipping option because the whole point of this is for people to get it before Christmas right? & the overnight option is less than $30 when I paid even more for 2 day which I am not receiving!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE. I ordered running boards online to surprise my husband for Christmas AutoAnything Order #**, and momentarily the money was removed from my account for 423.00. The next day (Sunday) I was received an email on a nonworking day for this business and the email expressed that the office was closed today, my order couldn't be processed and sorry for the inconvenience. So I must wait to ask questions about my money that was removed from my account for a product that was sold as in-stock. Very upset about this experience and how long it may be to have my money returned to me and purchase something for my husband before the holidays. Very upset and will not be doing business here again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I haven't even received my item yet and I'm writing this negative review for this company. I order most if not all of my online purchases based on the business's proximity to my location for shipment speed purposes. This company is based in San Diego, myself, Las Vegas. Being in the business of logistics, this is known as a "one day shipping point". So I order my item online November 29th. Get an email stating it will ship the 30th via FedEx. Awesome right? No problem getting it by the weekend right? ONE DAY SHIPPING POINT, right? NO.

These guys sell products on their site they don't carry in stock and instead farm their orders out, otherwise known as drop-shipping. In my case this item shipped from INDIANA. Had I known this PRIOR to placing my order, I wouldn't have ordered from this online retailer. This seems to be a common practice for online retailers nowadays and it's infuriating (advertising items they don't carry on hand). At least let the buyer know their item will be being drop-shipped prior to them remitting payment so they can back out of the ordering process and find a company who actually CARRIES THE PRODUCT ON HAND and receive their item in a timely manner.

One star for AutoAnything for deceptive business practices -- and yes, advertising products on your website you do not carry on hand without notifying the buyer prior to them ordering is DECEPTIVE. People want their items in a timely manner. So it is taking me a week to receive an item I should have received in two days at the most. Time is money people, and I will be taking my money elsewhere in the future.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Led Spyder tail lights ONLY 1/2 OF THE LIGHTS WORK! I talked to the customer service multiple times via email and over the phone. The resolution was for me to send in the tail lights to be refunded. I told them I drive this vehicle daily and there's no way I can take my tail lights off and send them in. I told him if they send me a replacement tail light I would send the old one back. I was told that is an impossibility and that if I wanted to pay completely for another set and then return the defective one they would refund my money. This is ridiculous! Like it was my fault I received a defective product. DON’T BUY FROM AUTOANYTHING!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I purchased a product that was advertised to fit my car and it did not. I want to return it and they would not accept it. These types of companies give all e-commerce a BAD NAME. We had a major hurricane in Florida and there was no way I could return their item within 30 days. The item was delayed to get to me and then it didn't fit and then I had to deal with a very difficult situation with no power and roof leaks. Really sad. Very Frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On 10/17/17 I place an order for my truck. Pay extra for next day delivery, is 10/24/17 and I have not receive. When I call them on the 10/18/17 they refund me for the next day delivery and because of that send it normal. Worst customer service. If I can give negative 5 I will. Do not buy from this company. They don't care.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I looked online for the shock I needed and Auto Anything came up so I went to their website put in my truck and found the shock I needed. The picture did not look right so I called them. I explained that I have a 2013 Chevrolet 3500 4wd with a 4" lift, so he looked it up and said they had it. I said the picture doesn't look right and he said that it was a example picture. So I explained to him that my shock had the vertical bolt that goes straight up through and the bottom has the horizontal bolt. So he put me on hold to make sure. He comes back on the phone and said yes this was the right one. So I bought it.

The shock comes in so after work I go to the shop to put it on. Then I decide to open the box and lo and behold, it's the wrong one. So now I'm pissed. I call Auto Anything and speak to Justin **. He ask how I'm doing and I tell him not very good. He asked what the problem was and I said "Y'all sent me the wrong shock." So he looks up my order and says that should be the right one and ask for the part number off the box, so I give it to him. I said "That is why I called when I ordered it cause the picture wasn't right" and Justin said that's an example picture which I said "let me finish."

I told Justin that I had called to verify that I was getting the correct shock which they assured me I was by description. Justin then said "This may be a stupid question but are you sure your truck is a 2013 Chevrolet 3500 4wd." I said yes that's a stupid question and he said "You don't have to talk to me that way." I told him that he said this may be a stupid question and I have every right to be pissed off. So we argued about that point for a minute. He said he would send me a return slip and I needed to call FedEx. I said no he needed to call FedEx. He said that it didn't work that way and I had to do it. So I said "I guess I get screwed all the way around" and he replied Yes. I said "you're an **". Then I said is that all. He said yes so I hung up. I will never use this incapable company again. They sit in front of computers and really have no idea what they are talking about.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I ordered fender flares for my rusted f250 in order to get it inspected on Monday the 28th of August. I placed the order on the 23rd of August and ask if there were any promotions. The man said he could give me next day shipping. When the deal was set and he read back the information he stated standard shipping. I said "no, you said next day shipping," at which he replied, "I'm a man of my word and I'll change it to next day." Upon review of my tracking of the product it was sent standard shipping anyway. Ironic huh? When I called and told the lady of the situation she replied that it was not his fault and the warehouse made the mistake on the shipping. Ironic huh? And they say they can not correct it because it has already been shipped. Ironic huh? But they can refund my money and stop shipment. Ironic huh?

Now it being a truck for business I have to take it out of service and move inspection back 5 days. I am so tired of hearing robots who apologize and then ask if there is anything else they can help you with or, you certainly have the right to create a bad review if that's what you desire sir. What corporate guru came up with this so called smooth talk. Can you imagine having to sit there and talk to people, apologize to them and have no means to correct your company's mistake, or so they say! Who reimburses me for lost time and money? Internet companies with no assets and no desire to correct mistakes are a joke. A lot of irony here? Or just flat out not telling the truth? AUTOANYTHING? HOW ABOUT AUTOEVERYTHING BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Customer service is just terrible. I was in an accident and canceled the order a couple of days before it was anticipated to ship and conveniently, the next day they send me an e-mail stating item had shipped and could not be canceled (how convenient). I called customer service and explained I was in a bad accident and would not be needing item being that the car was totaled, he (I believe it was Edward) proceeded to apologize and said there's nothing they could do, I canceled item without proper notification, like I planned on being in an accident, ridiculous! So a restocking fee and shipping fee applies to me. NO exceptions. Shame on you!!!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I bought a trailer hitch for my 2013 Ford Escape but clicked on the Ford Edge by mistake. I called and explained my error to customer service regarding return. They are sending me a RA# to send back the incorrect one. She then put me through to a agent (Brandon) and he was so GREAT to deal with, had a blast in the phone. He helped me order the correct hitch and have it shipped overnight. Also dealt with Cameron as there was a delay in shipping as it missed the cut off time to ship same day even though I paid for overnight. He got back to me and offered a solution. Overall my experience was great and loved doing business with them.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Ordered seat covers and they came with openings for seat mounted armrests, the make and model does not offer seat mounted armrests. The attachments under the seat are cheap and would not fit correctly. I returned for refund and they did pay return shipping but charged me $5.97 to do so. Why?? For a product that does not work. Be prepared for some aggravation.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Browsing was easy, I knew what I was looking for and when I went to the website, it was easy to find. Everything processed quickly and I had the part I needed that same week. The product I purchased is still working almost a year later. It was easy to install and was like anything I'd get at AAP or anywhere else. I haven't had any issues, I'd rate them 5 stars if I could. Will definitely be buying from again! The price was lower than any of the nearby car parts shops and was just as good in quality. They had the brands I know and at better prices than I've seen anywhere else. I got more bang for my buck here than any other site or store I've ever shopped at! I didn't deal much with customer service, but the product was delivered extremely fast. I didn't think I'd have it until the following week, but I got my new lights that same week! Everything processed quick and efficiently too!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

The parts I ordered from my car from here worked fantastically and were half the price from a traditional mechanic. They were definitely great quality. I have not had any problems with the parts that I purchased for my car from this website. They lasted for almost a year now and have been very reliable. The products offered to have a great value. They are much cheaper than other products of the same quality from a brick and mortar store. I will gladly supper for auto-parts any day. I did not need to use the customer service but they seem very available. I got my emails from my order confirmation right away. I was given very many options contact them if anything went wrong.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

The product I received works pretty good. If I had the chance I wouldn't trade it in for anything that's how much I like it. The accessories I ordered they fair well with all my other additives. The accessories I ordered is very reliable and durable. I say that because they have torn up yet or anything like that. What I'm using my accessories for it's doing a good job. The value of the product I got is perfect. The accessories I purchased was worth the price I paid for. If it wasn't worth it I would have tried getting a refund but that wasn't necessary. I never had to get in contact with customer service. Everything I did, I did it on my own because I didn't have any problems. If you have any problems I'm pretty sure customer service would love to help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The functionally of these parts were of necessity. I’m rebuilding a 80 corvette and these parts are hard to find but they had everything I needed. Wasn’t sure the parts I was ordering were going to be appropriate or not but they were exactly what I needed. Thought this project was going to be out of my reach but with the prices they have and guarantee were well worth the buy I exceeded my expectations on what the price was gonna be. The customer service was exceptional. They helped with every part I needed. They were more than happy to help me get what I needed to finish this project.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Easy to find, easy to navigate, clear in its market research. It really helps people like me find what I'm looking for quickly and get on with my business so that I don't waste all my time searching. It delivered fast products thus it was reliable. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered stuff to be disappointed. But not these guys. Cheap stuff at competitive prices is pretty much their slogan that's what I like about them. No nonsense type of a company. They make it their priority to provide best industry service and value. I talked to Josh who was able to help me right away with my situation and also provide me with some other advice going forward. This came in handy when I was tackling other issues.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Things are a good price, not too much for the product. Friendly staff and everything worked out well for me. Awesome reliability, fast and secure. Very good packaging, very good product. Great for anything on auto. Value is nice. Still last me to this day, very good for the price, not bad at all. Will buy from again. Will tell all my friends about their products. Highly recommended to them. They are friendly and caring, lots of skills, lots of patience. They know what they are doing and takes the time to explain everything you want to know.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The parts functioned very well and I loved the great customer service and return policy. I would always recommend this place to others. The products are very reliable and the parts are very functional. Also, I would look for other parts that I could use on this particular website. The product that I received was great as my perceived value and was helpful enough for others to go onto the site and purchase. I would love to use this shop again and I would definitely recommend using it for many other purchases.

AutoAnything expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AutoAnything was established in 1979 as a company selling sheepskin seat covers and custom floor mats for vehicles. It has since expanded to be a comprehensive online auto store specializing in performance parts, interior and exterior accessories and more.

• Direct shipping: AutoAnything maintains relationships with parts manufacturers, and your order ships directly from the manufacturer’s warehouse. This means they can offer a larger selection of products and you receive your order quickly.

• Lower price guarantee: AutoAnything guarantees that your purchase price will be the lowest in the industry. If you find a cheaper advertised price for the same product, they offer a refund of the difference plus $1.

• Free shipping: Nearly all of AutoAnything’s products ship free to the contiguous United States by standard ground shipping. The only exceptions are oversized items that cannot be shipped via ground shipping.

• Simple website navigation: AutoAnything’s website design allows you to search by brand, make, model, year or customer reviews, so you can find the product you need quickly and efficiently.

• Wholesale options: For consumers who need to purchase automotive accessories in bulk, AutoAnything offers a wholesale program. If you are a small business owner, this can help you equip a fleet of vehicles at a discount.

• Best for: budget-conscious automobile and truck owners and vehicle fleet owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs