Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.06/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

80 AutoAnything Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

I don't like to share too many negative shopping experiences, but this time I have to. I ordered from AutoAnything on the 16th and I really wish I had read the online reviews before I made my purchase. Google companies before ordering. I called the company on Saturday, because I had tracking numbers that said 2 of the 3 packages we were expecting were already delivered on Friday. Hmmm.... We only received one package. Well, we are leaving Wednesday morning (just 4 days away) so if our package is lost and we need to order a hitch from another company we need to do it right away. So we called the company to find out what was going on.

The man on the line said that the two packages we were missing, had been shipped but were still in route. Only 1 package had been delivered. The other 2 packages would be delivered soon (our receipt said delivery 4/19-4/23). Ok awesome, as long as they're here by the 23rd we're great. Today, a second package arrived. AWESOME! So excited. We rushed home to get to work on installing the hitch. Nope. No hitch kit.

I called today. Same man I can barely understand on the phone. Said the package was already shipped and he didn't have a shipping number. After a 30 minute hold, he said he's going to "call the manufacturer again." Ok. I'm on hold again. Man comes back on the line and said our item is out of stock with the manufacturer. That they "must have sold my item." But, 30 minutes ago at the beginning of our call, he said that he called the manufacturer and that they already shipped my item. What. The. Heck. Man.

Then, I talked to the glorious Supervisor Frank, just as he was sitting on his throne of lies. And let me tell you, this man does not CARE about you, your money or your order. Not in the least. He's just there to answer all the complaint calls and to tell you that you're a dumbass for ordering from their company and there isn't ** they can do about it (or that they will do about it). He said "we sell items that are in stock." Then, how is my item out of stock Frank? End result? They took my money. I have no idea if or when the item will be shipped. I may get a return on my funds in 48 hours if the manufacturer releases my order. I get to pay at least $100 for last minute shipping with another company.

Original review: April 22, 2019

AWFUL BUSINESS. HORRIBLE to deal with. I ordered the Curt hideaway gooseneck hitch and only got the brackets. 3 days later after I complained I got the hitch and the ball but they didn't send the rod or springs so you can physically use the product. I had to call and complain AGAIN to receive the pieces. I lost out on 2 jobs because of their incompetence and negligence on the matter. They offered to refund $20, **. WORST place to do business with. HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND. Save yourself the headache.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I wanted a LeBra for my Chevy Cruze. Pricing was competitive. The bra was "in stock" and said to ship in a week. I paid extra for overnight shipping. When I didn't receive the shipment, I contacted them and they told me that it won't ship until next month because it's custom made. Huh? I thought it was "in stock"? What's the use of overnight shipping? I told them to cancel the order and refund my money. They said it will take 2 days to get a cancellation confirmation and 5 days to refund the costs. "No way!" I just called my bank and disputed the cost and got credited immediately. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SO CALLED BUSINESS.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Ordered vent visors for grandson's truck, was sent the wrong product. Called AutoAnything and was basically told I was sol, that they would not take the visors back and would not refund or send me correct parts. I would not recommend this company to anyone, they are awful and have basically customer service. I recommend you Consumer Affairs report before dealing with them, I wished I had read it before ordering. They 1.7 rating out of 5 stars and have several complaints. I will also be reporting them to the BBB.

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is one of the worst companies to deal with. I had placed an order, paid for it, and in days I received it. But to my disappointment it was not the fit that was ordered for the model of the car. I made and still am making attempts to contact this company so I can return the product for a refund. I have left messages, left callback numbers, and even attempted to send a live chat but no one ever is online to chat. Please do not do business with his company. They are horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoAnything?

Original review: March 25, 2019

Received mats that were incorrect. When I explained the problem they basically told me that’s not their problem. It was my problem. And when I wanted to return them and get my money back of $163, they told me if I send them back at my expense, there would also be a 20% restocking fee. It seems to me they send you whatever they want to and then it’s your problem not theirs. You should look at reviews before doing internet business.

Original review: March 21, 2019

So disappointed from this company. My father in law wanted cover for the seats in his truck for Christmas. I went ahead and order it with the model and year of his vehicle. They didn't fit. Tried to call the company for few months. Finally someone answered and told me that nothing they can do about it. It's been two months and can't have my 60$ back or exchange them for me. I told the person from AutoAnything this is a lot of money for me and I can't use the covers. The guy told me try to sell it on Craigslist. What a terrible experience. Wouldn't recommend this people to anyone.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This is the worst company to deal with! You cannot get in touch with anyone if you need to return something defective, the customer service only replies to you at end of day, so you have to wait another whole day to get a reply? If you call you are on hold for 45 min at least! I will never recommend AutoAnything to anyone, period.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I went on AutoAnything website to order Ruff Riderz fender flares. There were 2 different prices and it did not specify why. I ordered the cheaper ones. I was told in the confirmation email that I would get another email when the item was shipped. I never got the email. Today the fender flares came and the kit I purchased only included the front 2 fender flares. I went online and chatted with a “specialist” who advised the cheaper set only included the front set and quickly advised to call customer service and ended the chat. I called customer service and was told there would be a 55 minute wait or I could choose to have them call me back in the order the call was taken which I did. It has now been over 2 hours and I still have not been called back. I will NEVER do business with this company again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I ordered a performance programmer. Shipping was not good. I used the online customer service a few times trying to track my order but each time was advised to call customer service. When calling customer service be prepared to spend much time on hold. My order was shipped to the wrong address twice so far and to date still haven't received the order. Be aware, use this company at your own risk. Rating 1-10 I give this company a 1.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered power brakes rotors z23 slotted. After waiting over a week received generic Chinese junk. I requested for return. They wanted 20% restocking fee total crooks!!! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE WASTED MY TIME.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I will never ever buy anything from this company. I ordered a LeBra all weather for my Chevy Equinox and the shipping date was delayed by almost 14 days. When I requested my full refund I got another email with the shipping info. How funny is that they didn't have the item but now they already send the item. I'm requesting a full refund and opening a dispute with my credit card. The customers services phone line is RIDICULOUS. The waiting is more than 20 minutes just to speak a customer services that put my call on hold for 15 more minutes and then came back asking, "How can I help you? Who do I'm speaking with?" Are you serious? I just finished telling all my information and what happened. Never ever buying from you guys.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered a product from AutoAnything as a Christmas present for my parents. I received the product but soon realized that it was broken. After long wait times on the phone, I was finally able to have them send me the return shipping label so they can send me a replacement. I received the replacement but quickly realized it was for the wrong style of vehicle. Being frustrated, I have called and emailed customer service representative Laura ** multiple times requesting a full refund. The only response I have received from Laura was via email telling me to call her and that it wasn’t her fault. I have followed up with multiple phone calls and voicemails and am yet to receive a returned call.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Will not order anything else from this company. Products are poor quality, online purchasing gets it wrong and hold times for customer service are ridiculously long. Purchased cargo mat for my car rear storage. Supposed to be specific for my vehicle. Ordered 1 which showed when I clicked purchase. Order came back showing 2. When I got them, I could’ve bought a floor mat for any car that would have been the same. Returned both and asked for a more expensive one for my car. Rep said he would apply refund to new cargo liner and charged my card for difference. They sent me email saying it was going back in card. Spent 30 minutes 3 times over 2 days waiting for customer service after online chat message said they were closed. I’m done dealing with subpar everything with this company. Brian.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My floor liners did not fit the vehicle they were purchased for. Maxliner had changed the design and made NO mention of this. After many emails, phone calls, and chats, it was clear that customer service at AutoAnything had no clue how to help me and had no intention of helping me solve the problem. I have purchased from this company before and had great service. I am not sure what has changed but their customer service and support are not the worst I have encountered in my many online shopping experiences. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I went online and purchased a Viair air filter for my portable air compressor. Yes, it was the cheapest price and it said it would be shipped Feb 14-18 and was IN STOCK. I ordered it and my card was charged immediately for 9.77. The next day I got an email saying my order was delayed 10-14 days later and wouldn't be shipped into February 28! I called and it was NOT in stock and back ordered! I cancelled the order and was told I wouldn't see a refund for another 5-7 business days. How convenient that they charged me RIGHT AWAY for a part that they DID NOT HAVE and kept my money for over a week after I cancelled it.

I call taking money from someone when you know you don't have it STEALING and companies that falsely advertise that they do have it when they don't is misleading. I will never order or buy anything from AutoAnything again. I'm still waiting for my refund and upon checking, they still state that the part I originally ordered is IN STOCK and will ship within 4 days even though I was told otherwise. Liars and they steal from you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Ordered a grill guard for our daughter. She received it after a month coming from California to Montana. Seems like a long time. Was the wrong year and damaged. They said if no one picks it up to discard it. So when on the phone I ordered another one and got a discount. After a month it had not arrived. I called and they said the 2nd one was in Utah should be there in a few days. After 2 weeks I called back. They said the order was cancelled which I never did. Told them to take it off credit card and they were totally out of the loop. Couldn't for the life of me get them to understand what happened. Got an email saying to send pictures of the damaged first grill guard and they would get back to me.

My daughter sent me the pictures and I sent them. Never heard from them! Mind you in the email they think this is the 2007 (the second one) that was ordered and she never received, not the first 2011 one that was damaged. So I guess their loss. Also, wait time on phone is way too long before you get a real person, and then they put you on hold forever while they say they need to talk to someone. We'll sell it on Craigslist. Worst company I've ever had to deal with!!! Warning: Don't ever buy from them. You either won't get it, it will be damaged, bad customer service! 0 points for the review.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have ordered a set of Saddleman seat cover from Autoanything.com. These are “custom” made for specific vehicles so I agreed on the no return policy. Upon receiving the covers I did a quick inspection and found a few little flaws on headrest covers that the manufacturer took care of. The real problem started when I started installing the covers! The missing hooks and some really ugly or missed stitches are the least of my issues. Turned out these so called custom covers won’t even cover my front seats.

After numerous emails including pictures and videos to the manufacturer their customer service dropped me and directed to AutoAnything customer service. I shared the same information with them as well. Their answer was to send covers back for repair at my cost. For crying out loud how do you repair a cover that is 3-4” short in material!? I have a full size truck and they are sending me a smart car size cover and they would only repair it if I paid for shipping and willing to wait a month to get them back. And they only wanted to address the bad stitching not the missing cover surface!!! Well, AutoAnything customer service bailed on me too. I stuck with $300 worth of junk for now. My point is to trust these reviews here. These guys will not stand up for you, the customer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My girlfriend ordered my Christmas 2018 seat covers and got a color that didn't agree with my truck interior. I was out of town for 45 days working. When I finally got around to opening the box the color she got did not agree with my interior. I called to see about exchanging but they declined. The reason was for the past 30-day policy. I understand and all is my bad, however, my previous two-seat cover purchases were with CoverKing who is, in fact, the one's AutoAnything contracts to make the seat covers. CoverKing would have taken this purchase back. I know because I had contacted them thinking it was where my girlfriend bought them. You want someone who will work with you, put your money into CoverKing, best seat cover out there and they stand behind their work, and go the extra mile to make things right. AutoAnything order number - **. Customer ID **.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

They cancelled my order so they wouldn't have to pay the cash back affiliate I used. Then they lied and said my credit card company denied the charge. The transaction posted to my card and then was refunded 2 days later. This is not the process if a charge is denied. They refused to process my original order and wouldn't even offer a coupon for my trouble. I was told the item I purchased didn't qualify for discounts, which only confirms the fact that they cancelled my order because they didn't want to pay additional cash back. They have a 1-star rating out of 40+ reviews with the affiliate I used, so dozens of people must have had the same experience I did. Don't buy from them if you use a cash back partner like Coupon Cabin, Upromise or eBates. And since their prices aren't competitive without additional cash back or discounts, don't bother ordering from them at all.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered AVS low profile weather guards from this company expecting a quick shipment due to my old weather guards being cracked. As I sit here and wait 3 days after ordering I finally received an email stating my shipment had shipped and the arrival date of 4 days later not including if they come in damaged. Wow! Hope nobody has a project vehicle or job needing to be done because chances are this company will not do you any favors. Wish I could give them 0 stars.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

First off, DO NOT order AVS In-Channel visors if your vehicle has a pressure system with the window. Particularly a Ford Explorer after 2014. Second, the customer service was non existent. I’m just glad I only lost $45. After my bad experience I believe all negative comments about this store. From the long waits and time being added, to the never getting a call back. These happened to me also. I was also told I would be contacted within 48 hours, now almost two weeks later and trying to leave two callback request, nothing. I DO NOT advise using this business.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wish there was a 0 star option. Like most reviewers here, I wished I read these reviews. The item we ordered arrived damaged. On-line chat, when it was available on the 3rd day of trying, never went through and I was in Position 2. Phone wait time was supposedly 35 minutes, but after 50 minutes I had to hang up.

Next time I called Customer Support, I pressed the buttons for a callback. No callback in several hours. Will never purchase from this vendor again. Cost of lesson $140.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

My experience with them was they straight up suck! I will never use AutoAnything ever again! Shipping was good but that's it... I order a break kit front and rears power stop extreme kit... Every was good. I opened the package and I didn't receive the caliper gaskets... I called customer service and explained to them what happened. I was told they would handle it and they would contact power stop and would email me shipping information... I let 3 days go by and I didn't receive anything called back 3 days and they had nothing in there system of me calling and asking for their help...

Then one guy told me the gaskets only come with the rear kit which is not true they come with front and back they just didn't want to deal with it... I called again waited 40 just to talk to someone and told them to ** off. I'll just buy them from another store near me so I paid for the product, didn't receive it and have to go out and buy the gaskets. They suck. They are the worst ever. They don't want to work they just want your money. Do yourself a favor and don't buy nothing from them. It's not worth the head you will pay for.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I placed an order on November 25th and was given a shipping date of the 26th. That was soon updated to the 27th and then to December 12th. On December 27th the shipment still hadn't arrived. I tried to use their customer service web chat but they told me to call. I called and spent 30 minutes on hold. During that hold I used the chat again to see if they could help. They said their "efficient" customer service number was the only way they could help. I pointed out that their "efficient" customer service had me on hold for 30 minutes and if I didn't get help soon that I would just call my credit card company to file a fraudulent charge claim. That's when they told me I could do that but that they would fight it and block me from buying from them again. Long story - short. I eventually got someone on the phone who said they'd refund my money but only after a combined 40 minutes on hold.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I made a purchase on Thursday, paid for overnight shipping, went out on Friday. They tell me that FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday which I know is a bunch of BS because they literally say on their website that they do home deliveries on Saturdays. Now I won't receive my package until Monday and paid an extra 20 bucks for nothing. Bunch of nonsense. Will never use this company again and highly suggest you don't either.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Return process is horrible. It is as if they try to make returns as difficult as possible - you have to call and wait for a long time, 20-30 mins at least. Then you have to wait for an email which takes forever, if it even shows up.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Dealing with AutoAnything is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with concerning ordered product. They did not take enough out on my account. Therefore I’m waiting on a product to be delivered that was never delivered however they still have my money. And trying to get this resolved someone placed an order for another Tonneau cover for me. I have spent several hours trying to get this issue resolved and as of the moment it’s still is not. They said it could take up to seven days and they would return my money into my account. I just find it amazing that they can take my money within minutes of my order but they cannot return it for seven days. And why the customer service representative would ordered me another cover last night was beyond me. Ordering a product should be simple not having to deal with it for days at a time in order to receive a refund. AutoAnything is not worth the time or money. Just skip them and go to another company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

One star is the minimum or I would have chosen negative. This company has the worst customer service. Stay away. After purchasing some seat covers for a gift, the seat covers didn’t fit. I called to exchange for a correct fit. The website description was completely wrong, and very misleading. They basically force you to buy the wrong item. When I asked for an exchange, "Well you ordered the wrong item." I explained that the website directed me to the “ right” covers. Well they said they expect you to know that they wouldn’t fit. What a crock. The agent was extremely condescending and complete lack of give a crap. Absolute worst customer service. NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a bed cover and a part was broke one it and I couldn't get any help from customer service. The call times are very long and they don't call back. I feel with the money I spent that the customer service should be much better.

AutoAnything expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AutoAnything was established in 1979 as a company selling sheepskin seat covers and custom floor mats for vehicles. It has since expanded to be a comprehensive online auto store specializing in performance parts, interior and exterior accessories and more.

• Direct shipping: AutoAnything maintains relationships with parts manufacturers, and your order ships directly from the manufacturer’s warehouse. This means they can offer a larger selection of products and you receive your order quickly.

• Lower price guarantee: AutoAnything guarantees that your purchase price will be the lowest in the industry. If you find a cheaper advertised price for the same product, they offer a refund of the difference plus $1.

• Free shipping: Nearly all of AutoAnything’s products ship free to the contiguous United States by standard ground shipping. The only exceptions are oversized items that cannot be shipped via ground shipping.

• Simple website navigation: AutoAnything’s website design allows you to search by brand, make, model, year or customer reviews, so you can find the product you need quickly and efficiently.

• Wholesale options: For consumers who need to purchase automotive accessories in bulk, AutoAnything offers a wholesale program. If you are a small business owner, this can help you equip a fleet of vehicles at a discount.

• Best for: budget-conscious automobile and truck owners and vehicle fleet owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs