1.01/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

53 AutoAnything Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Dealing with AutoAnything is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with concerning ordered product. They did not take enough out on my account. Therefore I’m waiting on a product to be delivered that was never delivered however they still have my money. And trying to get this resolved someone placed an order for another Tonneau cover for me. I have spent several hours trying to get this issue resolved and as of the moment it’s still is not. They said it could take up to seven days and they would return my money into my account. I just find it amazing that they can take my money within minutes of my order but they cannot return it for seven days. And why the customer service representative would ordered me another cover last night was beyond me. Ordering a product should be simple not having to deal with it for days at a time in order to receive a refund. AutoAnything is not worth the time or money. Just skip them and go to another company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

One star is the minimum or I would have chosen negative. This company has the worst customer service. Stay away. After purchasing some seat covers for a gift, the seat covers didn’t fit. I called to exchange for a correct fit. The website description was completely wrong, and very misleading. They basically force you to buy the wrong item. When I asked for an exchange, "Well you ordered the wrong item." I explained that the website directed me to the “ right” covers. Well they said they expect you to know that they wouldn’t fit. What a crock. The agent was extremely condescending and complete lack of give a crap. Absolute worst customer service. NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a bed cover and a part was broke one it and I couldn't get any help from customer service. The call times are very long and they don't call back. I feel with the money I spent that the customer service should be much better.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I went on this website to order a windshield cover for when it starts snowing. I submitted the order but for whatever reason the order was cancelled by the company. They had charged my card and reissued the money back to me. I started a live chat on their website and waited 20 minutes to even talk to someone. Once I finally was able to talk to someone they told me my order had never been processed but told me to call the customer service number for more information. I called and got a hold of someone pretty quickly but he put me on hold for 20 minutes the hung up on me. No explanation. No nothing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Purchased a Noah covercraft cover that stated 4 year warranty. After 1 year water seeped thru and there was mold on my vehicle's paint. AutoAnything said that the product was not waterproof and was not covered by warranty. If you read the description on the product it states water resistant. I guess that means water gets thru. You be the judge. They will not get back to me and would hang up my calls. Best not to use AutoAnything. Go directly with manufacturers of the product you are trying to buy as AutoAnything just take your money and play the blaming game.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoAnything?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I ordered a trailer hitch from them and knew at the time it was going to take approximately two weeks to get it. After I received the mounting hardware was missing. I called and used the chat line and talked with 2 representatives who both said that it would take two days to get a email response from the warehouse. I asked at this time, “Why don't you just pick up the phone and call them and have the part expedited since it was their fault.” I got nowhere with this and waited 2.5 business days and had no response from them at all so I got back on their Chat line to find out what was going on. The rep at this time apologized for this delay and actually called the warehouse.

Well four days have passed and no call or email from them explaining the tracking number. I then emailed them today (Valentino) and again he apologized for losing track of this. At this time I emailed them again and said I would just return the product since I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get the part I needed. This is the email I then received. “The hardware kit is already on its way to your address. The return label for this order is being sent in a separate email and we are covering the return shipping because of the situation with the hardware kit so the returned package will refund $100.60 upon successful receipt of the returned hitch + hardware kit by the manufacturer's return facility."

"It costs $20.95 to pay for the return shipping and an additional $15 for the call-tag to have a truck sent out to you. We can waive the 20% restocking fee ($20.12) and the return cost ($20.95), or we can waive the restocking fee and the $15 charge for the truck to be sent out, but we cannot waive all three. Let me know how you would like to proceed.” If you go back at look at their return policy you will find out this is nothing like they state they will do. Bottom line is the company seems to represent their selves very well selling something however they seem to not care at all with your expense or time wasted from mistakes on their part.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a set of custom rims. I spoke with a so call expert on the phone about the offset I would need for my truck. I trusted him because he was supposedly he was an expert. First mistake, I took my tires and rims to be mounted all went well until I went to get the tires put on the truck. They did not fit, wrong offset. So I call customer service. 2nd mistake I told them that their so called expert sent me the wrong rims. They told me that because I've mounted the tires on the rims that I wasnt able to return them. I explained to them that I wasnt the one that picked the offset. Their employee was. This has been going on now for over 2 months. Now I cant drive my truck. I'm out 650.00 dollars plus paying to have the tires unmounted and remounted on the right rims. Almost a total of 1000.00 dollars. Do not order ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAM ARTIST. If you do and you have a chance to talk to Martin. Just hang up. He is a useless POS.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Went online to find a grill guard for my truck. One came up that I really liked so I decided to order it. It went through AutoAnything. My bank records showed they took the money out within a few minutes of placing the order. I waited for a few days and noticed I never received an order confirmation or receipt. I called them and they reported my card was declined and the product would not be shipped. Tried to explain my bank showed it went through but the customer service rep became argumentative that it didn’t. So, they basically took my money and refused to give me the product I ordered. Had to call my bank and file a dispute report and change my credit card. Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I bought a toolbox for my Tacoma back in August, send me the wrong Two months later and after many, many calls at customer service this huge box still sitting in my kitchen and the “correct size toolbox” still on its way after 2 months. Customer service is a joke. They apologize, look at the “notes” from previous calls but NOTHING!!! Is done ask for my money back but since the toolbox is on its way they can’t return my money. This people just took my hard earned money and all I can do is continue to wait. I can call anymore. This morons don’t know anything about customer service and the excuses and apologies are ridiculous. Lesson learn. Save yourself the headache and buy at your local store, you spend little more but at least if there’s a problem it can be solved face to face.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

AutoAnything supplied wheels for my son's Nissan Ultima car 2015, The wheels are wobbling on my son's Car, Nissan gave a report that the wheels are ideal for Nissan and they are damaging the threading on wheelbase mount. This wobbling happened thrice on Highways, and thrice the vehicle was taken to Nissan and other service centers. Every time they said it is the wheels that is the culprit. AutoAnything does not want to honor the warranty and they say that the manufacturer is not making these model of wheels anymore, with that they are washing their hands and walking away from honoring the warranty. Very unprofessional, unethical business, never TRUST and never buy wheels or anything from AutoAnything, I have decided to sue them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I placed an order for some seat covers. However the customer service agent misspelled my address which for some reason launched a fraud investigation on their part. I called my CC company who verified with me that no fraud was evident on my account. However AutoAnything has a different view and would not process my order or give me a confirmation number. However they DID charge my CC?? I tried to replace the order 3 times but after being placed on hold for a total of 41 minutes my order was still not processed!! They say in their phone prompts that they value customer service however their actions speak the opposite. I would consider AutoAnything borderline incompetent. I will not shop here again and will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If you sign up for their email list you are given a 20% promo code to use on your first order over $99 to be used in the first 3 days. The email doesn’t say anything about manufacture limitations thus resulting in the promo not being used for this particular product I was interested in. Their response was short but did offer a smaller discount which I turned down. I did happen to click on the link they sent that dictated their discount but what was once free shipping on the full price of the item had now become TBD. You’re overcharging on the original price to recoup your shipping fee. Not only is this wrong but shameful you took this route on someone that was simply trying to get what your email promised, 20% off first purchase.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered a custom sunscreen and the one that arrived was clearly not for my car. Easy fix. I called and they sent me a return label and said that when they got confirmation they would send another. They did. Unfortunately, they sent a screen for the wrong model to the wrong address. I sent an email outlining all of this and they told me I had to call. I called and after 30 minutes of wait time, customer service answered. They told me that they needed to confirm with FedEx that the package was intercepted and not delivered before they could send me a new one. Basically, if they could not confirm that the item they wrongly shipped to the wrong address was delivered, I was on the hook. Seriously? I cancelled my order and will NEVER use AutoAnything again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered Maxliner floor mats for my 2007 Jeep jk 4 door a complete set first, second and cargo liner. I received one cargo liner and called to let them know I only received on cargo liner. They would correct the order and ship the first and second row mats out. One week later I received one cargo liner. Now I have two so I called on Friday afternoon to let them know I received just another cargo liner and no front and rear mats, they would correct the order on Monday and call me to let me know they were shipped out.

I never heard from them on Monday so I called them on Tuesday and was told I would have to send one cargo liner back before they would resend anymore to me as to say they were blaming me for their mistakes. I informed them to send me a shipping label and I was sending their two cargo liners back and to credit my Visa. We will see. If they screw that up also, I will never do business with AutoAnything again. They screw up and have no intentions of correcting anything.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a windshield suncover for a FJ Cruiser, it wasn't even close to fitting although it said it did, not expensive $35, however what I have to do to return it is crazy - these guys are bad news, won't pick up phones when you call - STAY AWAY. VERY SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I had returned a set, front and rear seat covers that we bought from this company and after giving all the specs to the sales person was assured they would fit. When we got them we took them out of the box in our living room and noticed right away they weren't the right ones, called and got return label emailed to me then, they were put back in the same box and taken to FedEx drop off site that day.

They received them the next week and issued a credit to my card. Two weeks later I get an email stating that my return had been denied, that they only received the rear seat cover and it was covered with dog hair, we don't have a dog in the house! They charged the price back to my credit card. After calling twice was told they did receive them both but they were covered with white hair and they were sending them back to me. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEF!

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2018

After contacting Customer "Disservice" one more time, I received a confirmation notice that my order would be arriving by 8/10/2018. I went to the tracking number they provided but it connected to nothing!

Amazingly, on the 10th, I got a call from my mechanic that the supercharger was delivered. Shock! Shock! I truly believe that it took a scare from my credit card company, review from Consumer Affairs, and a threat of legal action to get them off their asses! Called the credit card company to reinstate the charges!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been ordering from AutoAnything for over 10 years and have been pleased with their products, free shipping, and prices. That affirmation all changed when I made a major purchase of an Edelbrock Stage One supercharger for my 2010 Camaro SS. After a great deal of research, I decided on this brand because of its quality and reputation. I ordered it by phone from a customer service agent on July 17, 2018. This was nearly a $7, 000 purchase so the rep was thrilled to help me. The checkout confirmation stated that the kit was in stock and would ship between 7/25 and 7/27. On 7/31, I received a "Revised Shipping Date" of 8/30/2018, ONE MONTH longer than what was originally stated.

I immediately contacted customer service via email, and expressed my outrage at this extremely lengthy extension for delivery. They stated in a timely response that "due to the popularity of Edelbrock's products, the manufacture's production is occasionally unable to keep up with consumer's demands." If this new date was accurate, I wouldn't receive the supercharger for nearly 50 days from the original order date! I thought this sounded very suspicious and checked with 2 other aftermarket parts companies. They stated they could get me the kit in 21 days from the order date. I still wasn't satisfied, so I contacted a rep from the Edelbrock factory. He said this charger could be sent out in 3 weeks.

I contacted customer "service" with the information I had just learned, and they would not even respond to several follow-up emails. I called customer "service" and when I gave them the order #, they put me on hold and did NOT even connect to a rep. I tried several more times, to no avail. After reading a sampling of these reviews on Consumer Affairs, I can see a very clear pattern of misrepresentation and deflection. I Googled AutoAnything and found that the company had been bought out last February. It is safe to say that Auto "Nothing" is not long for this world.

I am attempting to get my credit card company to refund my money. They are investigating and I am waiting to hear the result! I am retired and an avid car enthusiast and will not let this con game go unanswered. I have contacted the Consumer Affairs office for my state's Attorney General, and am willing to take this issue as far as needed including legal action. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Ordered a part for my truck. Just hours after the part shipped, I called at 9 am to change the shipping address. The first call, I was on hold for 5 minutes, just to tell me that they would charge me $13 for an address change. I declined and went on the FedEx site, it's only $5.25 but only the shipper could change the delivery address. I called back and after sitting on hold twice for over 15 minutes, now the address change is $15. I guess they just make up prices as they go.

After not having a choice and willing to pay for the address change, I was told an email was sent to their warehouse and I would receive an email. After getting to 4:30 pm I did not receive an email and called back. I was put on hold again to "check with the warehouse". This time I was told that an address change would not be completed and they would have to try to returning to sender and reshipping the part to the correct address. At this point, I'm so disgusted I'll take my business elsewhere. Absolute worst customer service I've experienced.

Original review: July 19, 2018

When told Rear Seat covers for 2018 Tundra is in stock, now has to be manufactured. Where? Why? They love your money. They are a front job. I will never buy from them again. Nothing is made until they have your money. Then they don’t truly care when or how you get your product. Been waiting now for 3 weeks for overnight shipping I paid extra for. They sucker people intentionally. Never upfront with the truth. Scammers. Everyone of them.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Horrible customer service and delivery. I ordered a car cover which was supposed to ship in a week. This was three weeks ago. They send an email every day saying it’s going to take another day. Called customer service they are clueless. They are for good prices but not worth the hassle. Buy from a reputable company.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is the worst eCommerce site I have ever had the displeasure to interact with. Paid for overnight shipping, sent the package by ground. Sent the wrong part, spent 1/2 hour waiting for a service rep (if you call for place an order you get a rep immediately), somehow she talked me into having them send out the right part again. This is where it get really unbelievable, not this isn't a mistake: Paid for overnight shipping, they send it ground AGAIN. Keep in mind that this is a window motor so I am driving around with a bag on my window for two weeks! Now I am still waiting for any indication that they have received my return, still have my money though. I ordered the first time on June 06, it's July 8th and I am still dealing with these simpletons.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I recently order the Rhino Racks for an Altima and after making several calls to this company I finally submitted my order on 6/22/18. They were very fast on taking the money out and I asked several questions in regards to this product which of course they were a little vague on their answering. They all get paid on commission per calls and they want to hurry and move onto the next phone order. On June 25, 2018 I called "AutoAnything" again and asked how big in diameter was the Core bar to be able to order universal cradles for our kayaks.

I was told my order was cancelled and the manufacturer stopped making this for Altimas (Beyond their control ) and I could still purchase the next one in line which was twice as much money. I received no emails no calls on this and I have not received the refund yet back in my account so I may purchase from somewhere else. Now I will have 2 kayaks delivered waiting for racks. BUYER BEWARE of their support team as well as sale marketing staff.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Ordered a lumber rack for our company truck... A month later still not received and so I contact customer service. Their response is that it is back ordered and they don't have a date when it will be available... I already waited a MONTH, and now I have to start over with a different company. I should of been contacted the moment it was put on back order, not when it is already late. In addition to the fact that I am the one who contacted them! Will never order from this company again.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a set of 4 custom rims for my 2016 Toyota. When they arrived, I took them to my local Costco to have tires mounted and installed on car. Technician reported him and his supervisor were both unable to install one of the wheels due to manufacturer's defect. I reported this in a phone call to AutoAnything as well as a written request for assistance.

I received an email a week later asking for photos at which time I explained I had taken the same rims to two other tire stores who confirmed what Costco told me. The CSR refused to assist without photos so I requested a full refund and I would return the rims. She would not provide help without photos so I sent in 6 of them. AutoAnything still has not provided me with any relief or offered to replace item. I am beyond frustrated and intend to file complaint with State of California next time I travel there (in July). This is the first time I have ever written a review which shows how mad I am. Do not do business with these scammers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered items for my truck. Did not receive as promised and even confirmed in stock when I ordered. I then canceled an item and ordered something else. They credited my card during the same phone call. Made new purchase, was put on hold to confirm availability. Gave me the date, I accepted the purchase. One day prior to it being shipped, they send me an email advising a new date over a week out. Why? Not in stock after confirming availability. Hmmm. Now trying to get my card credited and after over a week canceling the item, I just now get a email stating it will be 7-10 days? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, AVOID!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Purchased Window vents for Christmas present for my wife's KIA. Did not get a chance to fit them until spring. They did not fit. Contacted customer service who informed me that their return policy was within 90 days. I only wanted the proper fit. I don't want my money back. I don’t want to return. All that I want to do is get the proper product as advertised. Very rude customer service. It is a shame that a company would let a $35.00 mistake generate such bad will and customer dissatisfaction.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Just got done speaking with a (Joe **) about rims for a truck I am building. He ignored me twice when I gave him the exact rim sizes I wanted. Joe asked what vehicle they were for... So again I told him the exact sizes I wanted and that it was built with 1972 Chevelle running gear in a 1955 ford f100 and he tells me they won't fit that truck. I have the exact same sized rims I asked for on it the vehicle now. I simply wanted to change the rim style.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Purchased car seat covers and waited a long time for delivery. Once it came the next day I tried to fit it to my car seat. It was very difficult and fit poorly. AutoAnything customer service told me to contact the manufactures tech support. Really? I needed tech support for a car seat cover? Well I guess they are correct. You need tech support to put this car seat cover on. Their directions were very poor! I sent it back but was charged restocking fee of over $75 which was 15% of total bill. Ripoff!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Ordered from them for the first time trying to save a few bucks but not worth it. Been waiting 2 weeks and the item hasn't even shipped yet. Contacted them 2 days ago and they said it would ship that day and still hasn't. Never again, I'll pay a few extra bucks next time from somewhere else and have my item in a few days. If I'd of known it would take so long, I would of went somewhere else in the first place. Who knows when I'll receive my item???

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On 12/26/17 I contacted Auto Anything about purchasing shock absorbers for my truck. I had a series of questions, the first of which was were the shocks I was interested in height adjustable. I was told that they were. Because they verified that the shocks were height adjustable, I proceeded to order new rims and tires for the truck that were compatible with the projected new height of the truck.

When my mechanic attempted to install the new shock/wheel /tire combo, they discovered that these were the wrong shocks for my truck. When I contacted Auto Anything, they said they would replace the wrong shocks with the correct set. I was sent an order confirmation for new shocks that WERE'NT HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE. This rendered my new wheels and tires useless.

Also, my truck was still at the mechanic's shop. It's now 2/8/18, and when I contacted Auto Anything, after much heated discussion, I was told that their original salesman didn't know what he was doing, and has been let go. No offer to help rectify this problem. After very much more heated rhetoric, they said I could buy more equipment to make this work. They offered me a 10% discount on the new parts!!! When I asked to speak to a supervisor, they said that they don't speak on the phone. When I asked for a mailing address, they said they couldn't find that information. So now I'm waiting for the new shocks, 6 weeks after my original order. No truck, an irate mechanic, and a company, Auto Anything, proving that you don't have to be good to stay in business.

AutoAnything expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AutoAnything was established in 1979 as a company selling sheepskin seat covers and custom floor mats for vehicles. It has since expanded to be a comprehensive online auto store specializing in performance parts, interior and exterior accessories and more.

• Direct shipping: AutoAnything maintains relationships with parts manufacturers, and your order ships directly from the manufacturer’s warehouse. This means they can offer a larger selection of products and you receive your order quickly.

• Lower price guarantee: AutoAnything guarantees that your purchase price will be the lowest in the industry. If you find a cheaper advertised price for the same product, they offer a refund of the difference plus $1.

• Free shipping: Nearly all of AutoAnything’s products ship free to the contiguous United States by standard ground shipping. The only exceptions are oversized items that cannot be shipped via ground shipping.

• Simple website navigation: AutoAnything’s website design allows you to search by brand, make, model, year or customer reviews, so you can find the product you need quickly and efficiently.

• Wholesale options: For consumers who need to purchase automotive accessories in bulk, AutoAnything offers a wholesale program. If you are a small business owner, this can help you equip a fleet of vehicles at a discount.

• Best for: budget-conscious automobile and truck owners and vehicle fleet owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs